Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

+16
Valen Minamoto
Ashitaka_Inuzuka
Kitsuki Kurahasa
InarieKaguya
Kensai
Shin
Gyokusho
Chigetsu
Akari Chinoike
Sayuri
Hirano Issei
Nozomi
Uchiha Akihiro
Mort
Kureji Toukei
Hana Kaguya
20 posters

Gladius 2020 Anniversary Celebration!

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Village : N/A

Gladius 2020 Anniversary Celebration!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gladius 2020 Anniversary Celebration!

Post by Sero Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:00 pm

Best Quote:

Candidate's Name: Kensai Tanahashi
    Detail: “I bring him along because he’s a fantastic conversationalist, and it gets lonely in the desert...”
    Reason: Because Kensai is a tough individual but does enjoy the company of the righteous at least.

Riskiest Thread:
    Candidate's Name: Kiri's Eastern Gates
    Detail: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t533-eastern-gate
    Reason: Because for a time no one would even travel into Kiri out of risk of death

Wittiest Verbal Comeback:
    Candidate's Name: Gyokusho Hyakkiako
    Detail: “You may very well be surprised with how skilled I am at sticking things into men. We may well get to that later though if you like.”
    Reason: Because ya'all are perverts

Most Intense Fight:
    Candidate's Name: Akihiro/Nozomi
    Detail: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t533p100-eastern-gate#20385
    Reason: Tailed Beasts, Amaterasu, this fights got the whole, end all be all of techniques. My B rank couldn't even enter in the event that I would die

Most Developed Story:
    Candidate's Name: Mitsukira Tatsudashi
    Detail: Mitsukira Tatsudashi
    Reason: Partially in that I don't know the full story of every character listed but Mitsukira is one that I do know, and the writer has a tendency to build well fleshed out backstories with hooks leading into the future, Mitsukira being one that I think has some forward momentum. Which is the goal of developing a character's story right?

Most Interesting Fighting Style:
    Candidate's Name: Zenaku Uchiha
    Detail: zenaku Uchiha
    Reason: Because if he touches you or you touch him, you're in a genjutsu.

Most Fascinating Personality:
    Candidate's Name: Yenn
    Detail: Yenn
    Reason: Hates people but if you are a good natured person she is quick to support your dreams.

Most Attractive Character:
    Candidate's Name: Mitsuo Yuki
    Detail: Mitsuo Yuki
    Reason: Very much a good faceclaim amongst a group that's really good. Thing with being able to curate profiles and avatars is that there isn't any bad choices however the down to earth majesty that Mitsuo's character has is really cool.

Friendliest Character:
    Candidate's Name: Oda
    Detail: Hinode Oda
    Reason: Oda is a source of warmth in a cold mountain range. Even when former enemies visit he seeks to make them feel welcome.

Meanest Character:
    Candidate's Name: Chen Kimyōnakama
    Detail: Chen Kimyōnakama
    Reason: This dude just sat there talkin shit about samurai there were providing shelter and warmth. Tried to Fry my samurai with a flamethrower with a woops.

Best Couple:
    Candidate's Name: Tamwyn and Yenn Inazuma
    Detail: Tamwyn and Yenn Inazuma
    Reason: Because even with Tamwyn out saving damsels Yenn is waiting for him at home.

Most Generous Kage:
    Candidate's Name: Nyguyen Uchiha
    Detail: Nyguyen Uchiha
    Reason: Despite his conquer attitude towards warmongering he is quick to peace with reasonable requests.

Most Ruthless Kage:
    Candidate's Name: Masaru Tatsudashi
    Detail: Masaru Tatsudashi
    Reason:I have watched this man dip people in lava

Up and Coming Potential Kage:
    Candidate's Name: Tengoku Shinku
    Detail: Tengoku Shinku
    Reason: Tengoku for Hokage!

Best Discord Gladius Meme:
    Candidate's Name: Nyg
    Detail: ”It wasn’t supposed to turn out like this. Things got out of hand fast.”
    Reason: sometimes shit just doesn't go according to plan my man.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000

Stats
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (B+ lifestyle)
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: A
    • Speed: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Hirano Issei
    Hirano Issei

Gladius 2020 Anniversary Celebration!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gladius 2020 Anniversary Celebration!

Post by Hirano Issei Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:02 pm

Best Quote:
    Candidate's Name: Stacks
    Detail: "I'm not a Kage! I-I'm a preschooler! Why won't mommy and daddy save me? Where am I? Why am I here!? I-I-I don't wanna die! Imma good girl! Mommy and daddy say so! Why won't anyone save me ... I'm not a bad girl ... I don't wanna die."
    Reason: I believe this one is self explanatory, but in general the drama associated with this situation was too good for me to pass up, so I had to vote for it.

Riskiest Thread:
    Candidate's Name: Everyone in this topic recently
    Detail:Kirigakure Eastern Gates
    Reason: Like 3 major characters died or were otherwise incapcitated in this thread on top of there being 5 very powerful people battling eachother. Sayuri also somehow managed to just walk through it all unscathed, so that’s pretty funny.

Wittiest Verbal Comeback:
    Candidate's Name: Gyo
    Detail: “You may very well be surprised with how skilled I am at sticking things into men. We may well get to that later though if you like.”
    Reason: A clever and funny rebuttal that brought a lot of humor to the scene.

Most Intense Fight:
    Candidate's Name: Hana/Kit/Arisu/Chi/Kyoji
    Detail: Kirigakure’s Eastern Gates
    Reason: As stated before, 3/5 people in the thread were either killed or otherwise incapcitated, making it quite brutal.

Most Developed Story:
    Candidate's Name: Ashitaka
    Detail: Ashitaka
    Reason: The character has been through a lot of shit during the war. He got beat up and put in near death circumstances constantly, watched his teammate get murdered by the orders of his sensei, and a bunch of other fun stuff, so I would see them as the most developed.

Most Interesting Fighting Style:
    Detail: Gyokusho Hyakkiako
    Reason: Gyo jumping into a tree to avoid an attack by Yui and then shouting out commands to his teammate was an interesting tactic.

Most Fascinating Personality:
    Candidate's Name: Stacks
    Detail: Tatsu Kotoshura
    Reason: A shapeshifting cat that had the implanted memories of a 16 year old into the body of a 9 year old creature that was also the hokage and the primogenitor of an entire species of talking cats is definitely an fascinating personality. Also bombs.

Most Attractive Character:
    Candidate's Name: Ei Kanagawa
    Detail: Ei Kanagawa
    Reason: Big titty sand gf

Friendliest Character:
    Candidate's Name: Shiro
    Detail: Shiro
    Reason:  Shiro is a kind and innocent soul that needs to be cherished and protected. He deserves to be the kazekage and to have the hat. His pan is supreme.

Meanest Character:
    Candidate's Name: Chen Kimyōnakama
    Detail: Chen Kimyōnakama
    Reason: Chen has been going around shanking people and generally being a mean fellow. Q needs to be revived and Arisu needs to take Chen’s eyes and give them to Q instead.

Best Couple
    Candidate's Name: Ikomiki Otsutsuki and Kureji Toukei
    Detail: Ikomiki Otsutsuki and Kureji Toukei
    Reason: Preemptive ball strike defense tactics makes this couple a winner in my book.

Most Generous Kage:
    Candidate's Name: Haku Masanari
    Detail: Haku Masanari
    Reason: Haku gave an entire nation its freedom back for no reason so I’d say that’s very generous.

Most Ruthless Kage:
    Candidate's Name: Tatsu Kotoshura
    Detail: Tatsu Kotoshura
    Reason: Tatsu was about to glass all of kiri while the chuunin exams were going on there, killing almost every promising future shinobi. I’d say thats pretty ruthless.

Up-And-Coming-Potential Kage
    Candidate's Name: Arisu Otsutsuki
    Detail: Arisu Otsutsuki
    Reason: Even though kiri probably wont be getting a kage for quite some time, given the prowess shown by this character in the most recent violent thread, they would likely make for a decent kage.

Best Discord Gladius Meme:
    Candidate's Name: Jingo, Tamyn, Mort
    Detail: The Moons Meme Plan
    Reason: I remember clearly the night that I decided to take the idea of the Rods from Gods weapon and try to apply it to the naruto setting. In general, this was just a fun experience after spending a long day doing homework where me, tamayn and mort were all tired and half falling asleep on discord. The most fun part about this meme was eventually telling Nyguyen about it, only for him to lose his mind for a moment.

Gladius 2020 Anniversary Celebration!  - Page 2 IWsULYD

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:38 pm

Best Quote
    Candidate's Name: Toshiyuki Ryuutei
    Detail: "You all fail, you can leave now. Everyone else, go ahead and start the test. Turn it in by the end of the hour and leave. I hope everyone's learned something. Follow the rules of the mission. That's your job as a shinobi. Doesn't matter how easy the mission is. You never know who is watching, and you always have to gather information." ~ Toshiyuki Ryuutei
    Reason: I have to say the creativity in bbcode here really clinches this one for me. I've been doing this activity for so long its amazing to see new ways to describe a character's dialogue. I think this quote also is the first time a precog is used to intercept a character's speech and how fitting that Toshi does it during the First Round of the Chuunin Exams where wits matters just as much as muscle. Rini is a smart girl and one that's tough to outwit, so I have to give Toshi credit for calling her on her shit.

Riskiest Thread
    Candidate's Name: Kituski, Hana, Arisu, Chigetsu, Kyoji
    Detail: Kirigakure Eastern Gates
    Reason: he Kirigakure Eastern Gates was probably one of the riskiest threads I've ever been in. So many potential outcomes not just for the participant but the world as a whole. It was truly a plot defining battle.

Wittiest Verbal Comeback
    Detail:  “You may very well be surprised with how skilled I am at sticking things into men. We may well get to that later though if you like.
    Reason: I was stuck between this one and Rini's clapback at Shimiko, but I had to go with this guy. Rini's is the most intense burn but this one is funnier and not anything like I've ever really seen before. It can be said the shinobi world is fairly conservative so outing oneself in such a vulgar manner takes a special kind of PRIDE even in the face of PREJUDICE. I love it lmao!

Most Intense Fight
    Candidate's Name: Ashitaka, Seid, Irui, and Kimiko
    Detail: The Black Site
    Reason: Although this fight was not death enabled due to it being a War thread, I personally found it to be one of the most thrilling battles I've ever read. Ashitaka and Kimiko were outmatched but never lost heart. They kept fighting until they could no longer fight. The sheer number of attacks and abilities being used was mind-boggling and the reveal of what knowledge Cuomo had definitely raised the stakes. If I could animate a fight for Gladius, this would easily make the cut.  

Most Developed Story
    Detail: Shimiko Chinoike
    Reason: I came very close to picking Ashitaka for category but I ended up having to give it to my girl. While I think Ashitaka has definitely had the most interesting arc this year, I still think he has a long way to go. Shimiko has the most developed arc because its just about over. I remember when I first registered her on the site three years ago and how different (yet similar) she is now. I remember all of the bonds she's forged with people like Ryuko, Natsuru Nariko, the Twins, and Seigi. I'm grateful that people who had left her story were able to come back just when she needed them most like Seigi and Ryuko. Shimiko is the first character that I can genuinely say has been played to completion. I've done so much with her and have poured so much energy into her story. I think its coming to its natural conclusion soon and I look forward to closing the chapter on my longest running character.

Most Interesting Fighting Style
    Candidate's Name: Noz
    Detail: Kimiko Uchiha
    Reason: Kimi's use of traps is very interesting. I think its rare to find a shinobi that actually thinks strategically as opposed to relying on brute force to overwhelm their opponents. I look forward to seeing how Kimi continue to develops this style as she grows stronger. It has served her well against powerful opponents like Seid, but with so many eager challengers out there in the world, I wonder if she will retain this combat style when it comes to fighting even more dominant titans.  

Most Fascinating Personality
    Candidate's Name: Xurious
    Detail: Hana Kaguya
    Reason: This one was probably the hardest to decide. This year Gladius had a ton of fascinating characters take center stage on the site. Each had their own unique personality that brought something new to the game. I have to say though that the most fascinating personality is probably Hana. Usually when people play female characters (especially dudes, myself included) they tend to highlight or even exaggerate their most feminine qualities. There is an abundant focus on what makes them ideal and beautiful, even with they are supposedly a tomboy. What makes Hana fascinating is that the character totally eschews those ideals. I've never seen a player write a female character that doesn't bathe regularly, has a poor diet, is fairly ignorant, and poorly mannered. Hana actually reads like a woman who has grown up in a masculine military society as opposed to a waifu FC just dropped into the setting. Its fun reading other's reactions to the character and while they are prominent features for Hana, it is not the end all of the character. She does have positive and in some cases normal traits and hobbies but the negatives are there. They aren't pretty and she doesn't shy away from them. That's a dedication that's rarely seen in Naruto RP.

Most Attractive Character
    Candidate's Name: Noz
    Detail: Arisu Otsutsuki
    Reason: Arisu is just absolutely beautiful. Not only is the character's FC stunning but her personality is very endearing and feminine. She has this graceful and prideful aura about her but it doesn't come across as pompous or arrogant. There is a gentleness to her regality. A down-to-earthness about her approach to people that makes her very attractive.

Friendliest Character
    Candidate's Name: Kara
    Detail: Mitsukira Tetsudashi
    Reason: Mitsukira is friendly to a fault. I've never seen a character get stabbed and then APOLOGIZE to the person who stabbed them. Chen could have and intended to kill Mitsukira and yet she took the blame for the encounter when she rightfully fired a warning shot before a duel. Mitsu has shown a willingness to extend friendship and love to any character she meets. I'd love to have a friend like her, although actually I think I do Smile

Meanest Characterr
    Detail: Chen
    Reason: Chen is super mean. Unlike the others on that list, he has little to no redeeming qualities. He is rude, ruthless, and ready to kill. If senses weakness or something that offends him, he is quick to bully and belittle others. The only thing holding him back from being a mere nuisance is power...something he shall soon acquire more of.

Most Generous Kage
    Candidate's Name: Ash
    Detail: Haku Masanari
    Reason: Haku gave up Konoha's Empire and asked for nothing in return. While it may seem like a choice made on a whim by a player in a game, IC this had the effect of freeing millions of people to pursue their own destiny. Haku is probably well-regarded in the minor nation world due to his actions.

Most Ruthless Kage
    Candidate's Name: Xurious
    Detail: Hana Kaguya
    Reason: She sacked the Land of Iron on the orders of her Mizukage without question. She looted the businesses and treated it like a hostel. She then went on to attack Moonspire to take out a military target and then some. She rounded this out by leaving Kiri and sparking a short lived civil war with her lover caught in the middle. As nonchalant as Hana comes across, she is by far the most ruthless Kage we've seen on Gladius in awhile. Nikuyo would be proud.

Up and Coming Potential  Kage
    Candidate's Name: Merch
    Detail: Tengoku
    Reason:  Tengoku has been slowly gathering support for the role of Kage. He is gentle, focused, and steadily gaining strength. He has a very different perspective on governance than the current and previous administrations so it will be interesting to see how it takes control of the village.

Best Discord Meme
    Detail: ”It wasn’t supposed to turn out like this. Things got out of hand fast.”
    Reason: I didn't even intend for this to be a meme (which is how all the best memes start). I was genuinely distraught about something. I don't remember what it was but apparently yall found it funny lmao. So now it is! Love the community's sense of humor..

Last edited by Kitsuki Kurahasa on Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by InarieKaguya Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:32 pm

Candidate's Name: Rini Nakamura
    Detail: Best Quote Candidate: "Cripple? At least I have an excuse for losing in my final rounds match, what's yours, bitch?"
    Reason: Bad mouthing to one of the most powerful characters usually results in serious consequences, but that's what makes Rini's quote golden despite the risks it held.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 321,000
    Stats:

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: C (B/Physical)
    • Stamina: C+
    • Speed: B
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: C
    • Perception: B

Link to Character Updates: Inarie Kaguya
    Link to Character Application:
    Link to Known Techniques:
    Naganori
    Naganori
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Raiton & Fūinjutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 0

Post by Naganori Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:56 pm

Best Quote
    Candidate's Name: Toshi Ryuutei
    Detail: "You all fail, you can leave now. Everyone else, go ahead and start the test. Turn it in by the end of the hour and leave. I hope everyone's learned something. Follow the rules of the mission. That's your job as a shinobi. Doesn't matter how easy the mission is. You never know who is watching, and you always have to gather information." ~
    Reason: My inactive ass definitely doesn't deserve this, but this was one of my favorite roleplay moments to date, so shut up. I super loved this thread too, which was like a cherry on top. I kinda feel guilty voting for myself, but what evs. I do wat I wanna!

Riskiest Thread
    Candidate's Name: Kirigate
    Detail: This combat had some high tier peeps
    Reason: This fight was so sufficiently spoopy that like no one entered or left Kiri for like 2 weeks. Genin just stared longingly at the gate thread waiting to migrate to iron. On top of that a lot was at stake for the future of Kiri, and no matter how things resolved the narrative ripples were gonna be actual tsunamis.

Best Comeback
    Detail:“You may very well be surprised with how skilled I am at sticking things into men. We may well get to that later though if you like.”
    Reason:I dunno who plays Gyo, but dude gives their 100%. Along with his classy taste in precogs, dude manages to break down cumbersome contract law, make it palatable, and present it before utterly roasting it. Dude's also like an actual genin. He posted an actual exit in the middle of a thread, knowing it wouldn't end. As A Power Move. I just love when peeps use mechanics as narrative, and Gyo's personality just lends itself to that.

Most Interesting Personality
    Detail: If you need details, you must not have read "Workers United".
    Reason: I mean see above. I've never seen a thread that involves contract law on a roleplay site. And I've never seen contract negotiations that were seriously done in any roleplay medium I've been in, like ever.

Up-And-Coming-Kage
    Candidate's Name: Ei
    Detail: Fission. Clones.
    Reason: This jutsu just makes being a kage so efficient. With no range limit, Ei can just get. shit. done. As she has shown when she investigated minor nations while also doing her paper work. Keeping your village safe [not many ninja, so kage has more pressure] + gathering resources = Win, at least in my book.

Also, Last! Probably... I'm too nervous to wait any longer...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:19 am