Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A Tale of Ice and Fire (Sero)

Mitsuo
    Mitsuo

Village : N/A

A Tale of Ice and Fire (Sero) Empty A Tale of Ice and Fire (Sero)

Post by Mitsuo Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:26 am

A cool chill worked its way through the air and the clothing of anyone who would notice it, the majority of people who had no sensation that would stop them from feeling such things...but to the members of the Yuki clan of Kirigakure it was an ideal temperature, their ice cold bodies perfectly suited to this kind of climate. When he was a child Mitsuo Yuki would have enjoyed a night like tonight with his sister and cousin, but it had been long since he had seen either of them and it was something that concerned him greatly. Kaia, his sister, had fallen into poor health, something that had affected both of them, though thus far only one of them had come back from it. His cousin he had no idea what had happened to her. He had heard her branch was considered to be the head branch of the Yuki clan and that she was at the top of it, but even with this he hadn’t seen her in a long time and this was cause for worry. It was perhaps for this reason that Mitsuo walked the paths that the two of them had sought out so many times in the past, and looked for answers.

The moon was impressive hanging above the water country, obscured by the light snow that would fall upon the shoulders of his yukata, a notably light garment to wear in such weather, but not one that was hindering to him. His white hair would flow in the breeze, the snow on the ground melting quickly due to the surface temperature being higher than that in the air, but none melting on him due to his internal temperature. He was an interesting sight to be sure, though one that residents of the Hidden Mist would be fairly used too. As his golden eyes surveyed the area he noted none of the familiar landmarks that he had passed many times before, noting he had left the area that he was comfortable.. It wouldn’t be difficult for the Yuki to become lost in this area, but his goal was important and he wouldn’t ensure he saw it through. He wasn’t the strongest shinobi by any means. He had been perfectly average in the academy, and was adequate with his ice powers and the weapons he could make out of ice, but he still had a lot to learn and a long way to go to get to his full potential.

He had heard tales of monsters in these parts, but Mitsuo knew full well that the only monsters you would encounter here were people. As he thought on the horrible things that humans would do it bothered him greatly, possibly a great reason why he generally didn’t seek out the company of others. He wished that the world was a better place, and that these “monsters” didn’t exist, and maybe one day he would be able to make that happen. Maybe one day he would deal justice to those who deserved judgment, but until then he would simply keep his ideals strong in mind and meet whatever the world sent at him. He could hear movement through the trees, likely the sound of the wind but something that he kept track of no matter what. He was nowhere near where other shinobi were on that front...but his hearing was decent enough, and he wouldn’t let himself fall prey to these “monsters” on this night...he had to find his cousin after all.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

A Tale of Ice and Fire (Sero) Empty Re: A Tale of Ice and Fire (Sero)

Post by Sero Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:16 pm

The sound of something moving in the woods was growing louder. More distinguished. Something was coming straight for him. Branches breaking and twigs snapping growing louder and closer. As if something was full on sprinting at him. Suddenly from the underbrush a doe would sprint through and nearly right through him before dodging to the side to avoid him and continuing to sprint onwards if unimpeded. Taking the most direct route it could despite obstructions. Only avoiding the human out of fear of humans. However there was something in it's eyes as it passed him. A madness caused by fear. It was desperate to get away from something. Running for its very life as if something more dangerous than a human was after it. Yet once it was gone the only sound left was the sound of it fading off into the distance of the woods. Whatever it was running from it wasn't going to stop any time soon. Something had sent the creature sprinting at a time where it should have been far more dormant. Most of nature was a cycle of life. Predators eating prey and prey running from predators. Yet this felt different. Like something else had stirred in the mind of the creature.

Soon something else stirred in the deep woods. A fog rolled in blanketing the forest floor in a sheet of white and moved and drifted like smoke. A mist had picked up making it difficult to see more than twenty meters from where one stood. Yet even as the shadows stretched a pale man could be seen approaching from the edge of ones vision. He was wearing white pants with no shoes and a thin build. A black high neck shirt on underneath the long white coat with the high collar poking out the top. Blue hair matched ice blue eyes. As he approached the mist danced around him as he seemed to glide. However he would stop twelve meters away. Pausing in his pursuit of the deer....the meal as he noticed another man in the woods. How odd that they ventured here more often now. However something else was off. Sero would slowly reach out his pale right hand as he seemed to feel the air. Frost building up on his fingertips before he would pull them back. A burst of heat would fill the air to counteract the frigid temperature put off by the guest.

Their temperatures would battle each other with the cold winning out ever so slightly. It was a comfortable temperature for most people now though. Still Sero would stay twelve meters away as he seemed to be studying his thawing fingers. If Mitsuo stepped within the ten meters though he would feel what the doe had felt. Like there was something else in those woods. Something less than human. A pressure of something with an endless hunger that was ready to consume all just out of sight. Still Sero would speak either way regardless.

"A Yuki. How interesting. Is it common for your clan members to go out into the woods alone? It is the only place I ever seem to meet your kind."

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000

Stats
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (B+ lifestyle)
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: A
    • Speed: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Mitsuo
    Mitsuo

Post by Mitsuo Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:45 pm

As Mitsuo continued on his path he noticed the source of the rustling as it turned into crashing and crunching. He was listening to a deer running, and if that was the case there was a chance that a large animal was chasing it...or maybe a person? He could feel the ambient temperature begin to raise a little bit, stopping him dead in his tracks as he knew that the only people who could do this kind of thing were shinobi. While identifying a Yuki was easy enough, as they were the only shinobi who were able to use Ice chakra, this individual would be any of a handful of clans. A fire user in Kiri was a little bit more rare, but still not that uncommon, and it was impossible to assume that the man had a special KKG like he did. The deer almost startled him, but the sight of the blue haired man was slightly more concerning.

It feels like we’ve been here before...in another life perhaps...

He wondered if the man even noticed it was snowing, as Mitsuo could see the mist around him and noted that he was clearly the source of the heat, causing him to keep his distance. He liked the cold, and he could see what was going on in the space between them, which was something he simply didn’t want to have to deal with. If the man was more powerful than him, and he most certainly was (you didn’t need sensory to tell) he would definitly make things uncomfortable for the Yuki clan member. It was funny how a man who seemed to burn so hot could send such a chill up someone’s spine when he spoke...Mitsuo almost didn’t notice the words that the man had said...almost.

“We can take care of ourselves...generally. And what of you? Do you live out here, hunting deer and trying to scare passers by? Or are you some kind of guide who has come to help me find my charge?” It would be interesting to see what the man said. Mitsuo kept his hand on his Katana, ready to fight if he had too, but still not expecting to be able to beat this man. Her wasn’t fantastic with people, but he knew how to talk to them when needed. He wanted this meeting to go as well as it could either way. “I’ve come searching for someone, and funny that you mention my clan. How many Yuki have you met out here? I’m looking for one in particular and I wonder if you might have seen her...” He would trail off, not wanting to give away too much information off the hop.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Sero Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:54 pm

Sero would listen to the man who drew no closer. Perhaps he understood danger of gathering too close to something that terrified nature so. That bent the shadows too him. The ground beneath his feet would peel away as if burnt yet the slightest bit of bubbling liquid could be seen. There was more to this creature before Mitsuo than simply an affinity for fire. Still Sero made no move to approach. Instead he would fold his hands before his person and slowly, as if at a walk it would appear as if he were gliding in a slow circle. Studying this new creature through the snow that surrounded them. The ground beneath Mitsuos feet frosting over as if winter walked with the man. He had experienced a similar cold but not so intense from Sayuri. He knew the capabilities of that clan though. He too had little interest in getting too close. Twelve meters was the orbit he created as he would slowly circle as if in thought. Those cold blue eyes never blinked once. They seemed to stare endlessly. Looking for something but what it was would be only able to be guessed on. Such a being as Sero held his motives fairly close to himself. His upbringing had not been filled with social activity.

Still if he was allowed to circle while he listened he would tilt his head. This one was seeking another of his kind. Out here of all places. As far as Sero knew that left but one. However he referred to her as his charge. Not someone someone close often said about their family. Sero knew many of the bloodlines liked to police their own. So he would pause his circling as he rounded back to the front and turned to face the man. That gaze seemed to look right through him to everything he may wish to hide. Still Sero would not approach. Instead he would speak as the shadows echoed his words like a whisper on the wind. Speaking to this cold man who brought winter and questions with him to a part of the forest previously uninhabited by man. For the most part.

"I have only met one other as it is unpleasant to those around me for my presence to be too close to civilization. She found me when I was at a stage in my existence of weakness. Here in the woods. She followed me then and follows me now. My second even. However spending too much time around me and the other of our trio has changed her. Brought forth a more confident side to her. One with purpose. I came out here to train but I find you instead. Likely searching for one who now resides under my care. Tell me, what would you do should you find her? I assure you that she comes and goes as she pleases so if your intention was to drag her home...well I am sure you would find the task beyond you."

Stats

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Mitsuo
    Mitsuo

Post by Mitsuo Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:14 pm

There was something very off about the man who stood in front of him. His words seemed ethereal, otherworldly, but as though they came from a place of darkness, of shadow. The way the ground stripped away beneath his feet was undeniably adding to this feeling and Mitsuo had decided that he knew a thing about this man. There was a specific hidden technique that he had heard of that found its base in Kirigakure, one that used both Katon and Suiton in order to control the pH level of whatever they touched. It was very rare, more so than even the Yuki’s Hyoton release. It was intriguing, then, to find a user of the fabled Boil release out here in the forest...

A fitting technique for a monster, though...

“I assure you my intentions are more pure than dragging someone home. I am looking for my cousin, and long has it been since I’ve seen her. I fell ill nearly two years ago, and when I awoke I could not find her. When I last saw her she was very shy, only speaking to me, and not the type to go wandering off. I could see her being the person you speak of, as confidence is not something I ever knew from her. Although I would always support her, always tell her that she was strong and she was worthy, it never seemed to matter.” He watched at the point where the chakra met, creating an interesting little effect that almost seemed like it was a storm. When a hot front and a cold front met this was the way it would react. It showed, however, how much of opposites the two men were.

“I am not here to fight or make enemies, I simply wish to ensure that Sayuri is safe, and to hopefully tell her that I am well. She is a kind woman, gentle and quiet, and I fear that she may be easy to lead astray.” While Mitsuo was speaking from the heart, his delivery was still cold as ice. He was not a people person, no fire or passion behind his words, but every word instead was delivered with precision. It could certainly make him seem like he was non-caring, but that was far from the truth. There was one thing for certain about this entire situation...the man in front of him was dangerous, but he was also likely the only person who could tell him where his cousin was...

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:49 am

Sero would pause in his movements as he stood very still. The person this one was describing matched the earliest impression of the woman he knew and now he was most certain they referred to the same person. He had trouble trusting humans but as of late those he met in these woods held power and power interested him. Rarely did they seek to harm him either. How odd of humans to be so comfortable around a monster. However this did not disturb him as they were oddities he preferred over the weak. Beyond that those who came to him found themselves gaining power by his side. Humans could be tended to and grown like one does a favored plant. These Yuki especially held a certain power that could threaten even Sero. As of yet he had only discovered five things in the world that could harm him. Of that one of those things the Yuki clan held entirely. That cold power of those he had witnessed blossom and learned to appreciate it. Winter held it's own beauty after all but then the man mentioned her name and Sero would smile to himself a little. Ahh yes. She did mention once she had family.

Still he would speak while his eyes shifted to the village. She had responsibilities in the village now which meant less time spent with him and the sleeping reaper in the cave. Which to be honest may be best for her sanity. Neither Sero or the lover she had taken were experienced in helping keep ones sanity. If anything being around both the beings who only appeared to be human now was driving her mad.

"I think you won't find her out here often. Not anymore. She was a companion of mine and likely would still consider herself such. However the woman you once knew has changed. Evolved. Shifted into a whole new skin. By my side she realized her power. She has become something akin to a hunter of men. You see I lead a group designed to hunt the worst of you humans. Those who murder and rape. Who enslave. We are the walking nightmare that seeks them out. However I am not sure the shift from her gentle nature was entirely a good one. I sense an eagerness for blood within her now. I fear the path she walks will eventually put us on opposite sides. Perhaps blood of her blood can calm her soul. If you wish it of me human, I will go with you to seek her out. I warn you though the village will not welcome me. The village she now helps lead."

Stats

Mitsuo
    Mitsuo

Post by Mitsuo Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:19 pm

Mitsuo could tell from the man’s movements instantly that he knew who he was talking about. He instantly stopped when he mentioned Sayuri’s name and stood perfectly still, something that was interesting as he seemed to always be moving otherwise. When he started to speak, however, it would sour Mitsuo’s mood instantly. He would speak of how she had become a different person and a frown would cross his face. “Hunting” bad people wasn’t the worst thing necessarily, but the idea that she could potentially be killing, and his mention of an eagerness for blood, or the fact that he referred to them as “walking nightmares” not only wasn’t Sayuri at all, but it was a sick and twisted perversion of what his cousin once was. As he became more angry he could feel the ambient temperature around him dipping. The snow had picked up and frost below his feet had turned to full on ice. His gold eyes shone despite the lack of sun and suddenly around Mitsuo Yuki the world seemed to turn into a blizzard.

“I definitely hope that you are incorrect, as my cousin’s well being is my prime concern, and if you have corrupted and twisted her into some bloodthirsty monster I will do everything in my power to fix her, even if it means I need to stamp out the evil that created her. I may be a genin, but the Yuki are strong...” He would feel the winds pick up around him and he considered the words of the man a little closer, forcing his anger to subside as the storm would simultaneously slow down back to a light snow. Sadness would wash over him replacing his anger, realizing that it seemed like this man cared as well from his fears and words.

“I’m sorry...I don’t want any trouble...I am just worried for my cousin. She shouldn’t be wrapped up in stuff like this, and of course this village has a bad enough reputation. I don’t want to her falling and adding to that bad reputation. She is a good person at her core, and I won’t let her be whatever you made her into.” He completely glossed over the village she leads comment, most likely due to the anger inside of him, but he knew one thing for sure...he was going to find her and make sure that she was okay, or he was going to drag her back from the darkness that had overcome her. “You’d better help her, you’d better hope that she isn’t overcome by this evil or darkness. If she trusts you and you led her astray, this is all on you.”

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:09 pm

Sero would adjust his gaze back to the Yuki male as the winter began to grow more evident around him. Frost coating the tree's to turn entirely to ice. The floor frosted over as snow began to fall and spin around him. A red glow would form in Sero's chest visibly as he growled low. The words a threat to him as he turned to fully face the man. Any frost or snow crossing within three meters of Sero turning to water and faltering before reaching him as the ground beneath his feet began to burn. The two stood there as green flames licked at the air around Sero. Heat waves rising off his shoulders as he glowered at the audacity. To threaten to eliminate Sero was to make an enemy of him usually. The whites of Sero's eyes would turn black as his blue eyes would glow. Perhaps the only reason he did not strike out at this offender was because of his relation to Sayuri. The kindness she had done him reflected in his restraint. He would let out a breath from his mouth as steam poured forth. This one was not his prey but he would not be eliminated without a fight.

Still Sero would refrain from stepping forward as the cold died down a little and Mitsuo spoke of not wishing for any trouble. A ruse maybe to lower Sero's guard. He would speak of things he knew little of and make demands of Sero and in return Sero would click his tongue against his teeth. The black slowly retreating from his eyes as he took a calming breath. However the mist that hadn't been frozen swirled slowly around him as the shadows seemed to lengthen. When Sero spoke his words echoed oddly through the forest despite him not speaking above a normal tone. There was power being restrained there. That aura expanded as panicked animals for a good distance in the forest panicked and fled. Their cries of fear filling the distant woods.

"You speak out of concern for your blood so I will not hold it against you this once Yuki. Consider your relation to your cousin thanks for that. She showed me kindness for the first time in my life and chose to follow me. Do you think your threats are the first I have heard? From before I was born I have been sentenced by those who fear me. Men who do not understand that there comes a time when monsters must be unleashed upon the wicked. I am the punishing hand here that executes those who have spilled blood for their own greed. Who have taken freedom from others. Men who are more monsters than I. I will seek to quell her bloodlust but she chose to follow the path of the punishing ones. If you one day come for my head foolish little Yuki I urge you to prepare yourself far better than you are now. For the next time you threaten me I will not ignore it. Now, I will go with you to meet with her if you are done. No harm will come to you here. I have rules I prefer to follow and one of those is never spilling innocent blood."

Stats

Mitsuo
    Mitsuo

Post by Mitsuo Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:03 pm

He could feel the guard of the man in front of him going up, causing his hands to instinctively rest on the hilt of his Katana, one of them preparing to form the one handed sign that the would adapt in order to cast one of the suiton techniques that he had been shown when he was younger, the water bullet technique, which would create a cluster of water projectiles in the shape of small stones. He had no plans of actually casting the ability, but he had it in his back pocket just in case he needed to use it. The man would calm down however, and he would get into a less defensive mindset and position. Had he needed too be could also try to utilize the water release gunshot jutsu, which was a more concentrated and higher damage version of the water bullets technique, but it would be unnecessary as it was.

The man would talk about himself, telling Mitsuo about how people had threatened him in the past. His cousin had been the first to show him kindness, which certainly seemed like something she would do. His words would then turn. His ideals seemed good enough, but were flawed. Mitsuo, of course, was an innocent man, and yet this man threatened him? Even though he had his “code” about not spilling innocent blood? It was flawed. It wasn’t surprising that such a man would resort to threats, of course, his social skills not necessarily being fine tuned due to his lack of interaction with other people, and Mitsuo wouldn’t hold that against the man.

Things were different this time...

“I am not your enemy. I am not the person whom you should be threatening. I am an innocent man. I have never committed a crime, never raised a hand against anyone in anger, never stepped a toe out of line. I was an average student and simply prefer to enjoy my quiet life. We both seemingly want the same thing...though I could be wrong. It seems like the hope that my cousin is a good person drives both of us. I will follow where you lead for now, and we can work together to try to return her to the person who did the right thing together. My cousin is not a monster, or she shouldn’t be, and if she is we will save her...”

{Learned techniques Water Bullets (C) and Water Release: Gunshot (C), 300 words}

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:28 pm

As the man would express himself an innocent that never stepped a toe out of line Sero would feel his thoughts drift to the threatening demeanor moments ago. He had corrected himself and calmed but he had expressed his own passive threats in that time. He was holding Sero responsible and would come for him if Sayuri was unable to be saved. As of yet though neither of them had any knowledge of any crimes being committed by her. She enjoyed killing and Sero did too. However this one did not seem to wish that for her. She was stronger now than she had ever been before and even running the village. Still those cold blue eyes would regard the samurai looking figure before him. Regarding him a moment before turning his back to the young man. Usually something that would not be done to someone with a sword. Yet Sero seemed not to fear this. His blue eyes looking over his shoulder as the mist shifted beneath him. Speaking as he did as the shadows calmed. He would not target the innocent but should this one move against him he would defend himself.

"Very well. You may accompany me to the residence we reside within. Her things still remain there so there is a chance we may yet run into her. No harm will come to you by my hands if you truly are innocent. However do try to keep that temper in check. If you have never struck someone in anger now would be a poor time to start."

Sero would begin to glide along the forest floor. Heading towards the forbidden isles. It was slow progress as they were not following a road. It seemed as if Sero wished to avoid populated areas entirely. That aura of his would feel to anyone they passed as if death had come for them. He would spare civilians that fear. The sensation of the end was not something the average farmer deserved to experience. Still Sero would move as if he were a wraith in the night. yet he would also speak to Mitsuo as they walked. He wasn't much for the social parts of society. Yet a good debate was proper practice.

"You seem to dislike the word monster. I can understand this as most are taught that monsters are senseless creatures that kill those who get too close. They are to be hunted and slain once discovered. However in my experience the true monsters in the world are human in nature. It is only humans that enslave others. Humans that murder out of greed instead of necessity. In such times as that beings are born to restore the balance. Beings like myself who humans attempted to murder at birth. Kirigakure had a bad reputation as conquerors but I care nothing for what lays outside of our borders. I am the one that seeks to punish those within our lands that disturb the way of life for our citizens. I am the abomination that stalks the wicked. I provide a service which protects even those who would hate me. In becoming something terrifying I also deter those who think to survive off the blood of their neighbors. I may not be welcomed but I am necessary to destroy the most wicked parts of the human race."

Stats

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:00 pm