Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

The Hunt for Tamwyn

Maigo
    Maigo

Village : N/A

The Hunt for Tamwyn Empty The Hunt for Tamwyn

Post by Maigo Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:58 pm

Maigo would strut into the front doors of the hospital, pushing them apart slyly as he took in the scent of the hospital. Dressed as he normally is, standard black ninja pants with basic black sandals and his normal vest and oversized cloth belt. He carried his normal katana and ninja tools on him like normal while at the same time, having no need to use them in this place at all. Still, the point stands that carrying ninja tools makes the average person find some curiosity about him being a ninja unless they also were and that plan was exactly what he was going for.

The nurse with long brown hair and incredibly soft eyes hadn't noticed him yet, but she would, whether through his indirect charm or perhaps through his own ridiculous banter planned. Taking his first steps in and letting the door close behind him, he moved towards the desk and coughed to catch her attention. Breaking the small silence in the room as the waiting area was nearly empty from the nurse, Maigo, and two random patients that seemed to be walking in. With a confident swagger Maigo would smile softly, keeping his yellow eyes focused to make eye contact with hers and waving his hand slightly while opening his mouth to speak,

"He-!"

Maigo would stutter as he would 'suddenly' fall over in a rather dramatic fashion and plant himself in a loud thud onto the ground. The nurse at the desk would exclaim slightly and stand up quickly to head to him,

"Are you okay?" she would kneel down next to him, Maigo laying on his back and groaning slightly as he turned a bit while holding his hands over his chest. The nurse would look at him curiously as he would let out through a rough sounding voice,

"It's a good thing I'm at a hospital, because I've already fallen for you..." Maigo would let out while failing to hold back his own smirk. The nurse would stare almost in disbelief at such a stupid antic. The only thought was a brief chuckle and the start of a sense that would be broken by Maigo's continuation,

"It's okay, you don't have to worry about me or bringing any medicine. I'm getting the necessary dose of vitamin you..." Maigo would stop his pandering and smirk while lifting his eyebrows to her. The nurse having no choice but to sigh and shake her head while standing back up.

"That's real clever, horribly out of place and mistimed and probably even inappropriate but you know, clever I guess."

"Oh, you think so?" Maigo would bounce back immediately, lifting his legs and throwing his body up into the air in a single movement to get standing to his feet. Dusting himself off slightly he would begin approaching the desk with his own stupid smile leading the way,

"Since I've made you laugh and you've given me that beautiful smile, it only makes sense that I should pay the favor in kind and sign up to be an organ donor... that way I can give you my heart..." Maigo would fall forward a few inches while placing his elbow on the nurse's desk and leaning his body weight into his arm. The long black flowing hair falling over his shoulder now and the dorkiest attempt at a playboy smile he could build holding on his face.

The nurse would blink for a second and outright laugh at him, covering her mouth with her hand and shifting her weight a bit to move back, laughing from the very pits of her stomach. Maigo's face would fall to sullenness in a bit of a down-trot as he felt that his advance had fallen flat. Again. Instead the nurse would shake her head and ask out,

"Genuinely, does that ever work on anyone?"

Maigo would perk up for just a second again to look back at her, "Well, it's not about the quantity, it's all about the quality. And you're showing nothing but promise, so much so that I think you could do better than being a nurse, you could go all the way to becoming my girlfriend!" A striking statement he'd nearly announce as Maigo stood back up and straightened himself out, heavily resisting the urge to throw a set of finger guns in her direction, he would chuckle to himself and try to defuse his... unique brand of style.

"You don't have to worry about my heart though, it's in good shape and so are the arteries. You could even take those too and have me wrapped around your heart," Maigo would wink to finish it off, laughing again at himself but covering it in the confidence that only a moron could have when delivering a series of words and actions so intricately wove as this.

"So, what do you say? Dinner, tonight maybe? I think we could have a nice conversation at that tea house and there was an interesting... mechanical something nearby..."

The nurse would calm herself as Maigo took a slightly more serious approach to their conversation and so did the nurse, even though she seemed almost dumbfounded by the whole situation and realistically, probably wondering if anyone at all had seen what was going on here.

"I... ummm, well." She would mull it over, tossing the thought to various sides of her face and cheeks before turning back to him, "Say, where are you from anyways?"

Maigo would nod back and stretch a bit, puffing out his chest only a bit while scratching the back of his neck. "Oh, I'm from Konohagakure no Sato..." he would let trail off into the open air around him as he would wait for her next words and either rejection or acceptance of his offer.

The Hunt for Tamwyn Maigo_10

I was trying to figure out which was worse, Ignorance or Apathy. And now I realize that I don't know and I don't care. - Maigo Mugetsu

Missions: D-2|C-0|B-0|A-0|S-0
    Sayuri
    Sayuri

Village : Kirigakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Hyoton, Fuuton, Suiton, Ninjutsu, Iryojutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kanchijutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: I take payment in blood

The Hunt for Tamwyn Empty Re: The Hunt for Tamwyn

Post by Sayuri Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:34 pm

The last time Sayuri had been in this hospital she had been covered in considerably more blood than the none that currently graced her form. She had also been with Tamwyn. Probably. Before she had woken up in the hospital she had most definitely been with Tamwyn and was both confused and enraged when she couldn’t find him afterwards. So now she was back to look for him. This was the last place she had been, and she’d already searched the mission desk area, this was the only other place that she knew he had been in the Heavenly Emporium. It hadn’t taken long for her to find her way back to the building that was arguably her favourite in the whole city now. Hospitals were unique in that they were an entire building dedicated to suffering and death. The people that worked at them would argue that they were dedicated to health and healing, but that wasn’t how she saw it.

Her bare feet made next to no noise as she padded along towards the hospital, her stealth effectively ended as she used both hands to push apart the double doors and walk into the front lobby. There was almost no one in the waiting area and as her sapphire coloured eyes scanned the room, she settled her gaze on the nurse at the front desk and a dark haired man with. . . yellow eyes. Gathering her long white dress into one hand she strode up to the shinobi just in time to hear him mention that he was from Konoha. Her heart sank as she put everything together and spoke dejectedly to the man while leaning against the desk with one arm. “You’re not him.”

The Ice Queen:
    Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:30 am

Maigo's words trailed off and instead of a continuing conversation about a possible dinner he found himself immediately distracted by the arrival of a newcomer. Uniquely sapphire colored eyes squared away against Maigo's as he looked in confusion and was taken slightly aback by her words. Her words were more disappointed which was the key striking factor for Maigo who turned his shoulder to face her fully while still keeping his elbow on the desk and leaning against it. Immediately Maigo would take note of her, the most distinguishing features, and her words before chiming up himself,

"No... No I'm not. I am me. I've always been me, and I'm only me." Maigo would drop overtones of confusion into his voice, wondering for whatever reason this girl had strode up to him thinking he was... someone else? Or mistaken him for someone else. It was odd, but happens often but her momentary fixation on the subject directly towards Maigo as if expecting some sort of reasonable reply was almost unreasonable. It wasn't his responsibility to know things or people! Especially not from a place he was so unfamiliar with as well.

With a small pause, Maigo would hold up a single finger to signify a pause in their conversation before turning his head back towards the nurse.

"Sorry for the interruption, you think about dinner while I found out who would dare to impersonate my devilish good looks..." Maigo would offer another wink along with a singular smirk along his face before turning back towards the woman in the white dress.

"So... who are you anyways?" He would offer standing straight up now, his hands at his hips and stretching slightly while waiting for an answer.

I was trying to figure out which was worse, Ignorance or Apathy. And now I realize that I don't know and I don't care. - Maigo Mugetsu

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Hyoton, Fuuton, Suiton, Ninjutsu, Iryojutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kanchijutsu

Post by Sayuri Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:24 am

Of course it wasn’t him. Whatever had possessed her to believe that matching an eye colour would result in conjuring the person? The answer was her overwhelming obsession with obtaining what she desired precisely when she desired it. Being told no, silently through obvious disappointment or verbally through much the same, was not something she enjoyed. And it was only the man’s reaction to her statement that stopped her from being so utterly disillusioned that she progressed to the stage past disappointment; retribution.

‘Ssshhh, my Queen. Fret not. We will find him.’

‘How can I?’

‘He cannot hide forever.’

She could see the yellow eyed man was confused, and in fact his own reply aided only in adding to her own confusion. He was him and always had been. An interesting sentiment and one she did not personally identify with. It was a curious answer though and she would take a step forward well into his personal space though without actually touching him and peer up into his false yellow eyes suspiciously. Could Tamwyn be hiding in there? Asserting with such vehemence that he had always been only him almost sounded like a person trying to hide who they were. She was just about to speak when the taller man raised his finger and returned his attention to the nurse behind the desk.

A flash of anger coursed through her as for a brief moment she was ignored. She hated being ignored, it was the worst sin that anyone had ever committed against her. And although she knew she was in the Heavenly Emporium and she was quite strictly disallowed from dispensing her favourite brand of violence, it did not stop the slight curling of her fingers as they itched to lash out. The man who came dangerously close to dying had an interesting way of speaking and a casual manner that helped ground her, preventing him from actually needing the attention of the nurse.

Sayuri would affix a dark grin on her face as he questioned who she was. “I am many things. I am the right hand of the Abomination and the Princess of Azrael. I am Sayuri, leader of the Yuki Clan, Princess of Kirigakure. I am named Ice Queen and Servant to the King of Lies. And I am looking for Tamwyn. Who are you?” As she spoke the air around her would grow cold as her blue eyes frosted over and turned white, snowflakes falling around them both.

The Ice Queen:
    Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:22 pm

Maigo would blink for a second, almost amazed at the girl that had invaded his space then presented a flurry of names that he couldn't match and then began to make it... snow? What a snarky use of jutsu, was it an intimidation attempt? Was she trying to out show his own efforts?! Maigo couldn't let this pass up...

His eyes would narrow afterwards, thinking on finding this Tamwyn person that he apparently so resembled for a brief moment before he would be left open to offer his own name and titles in return however, he didn't have a long list of titles to throw out and wondered what he could reply with. Perhaps shortening his reply and cutting off the eccentrism at the knees would give him the best opportunity to take back control of what was happening here.

"Right..." the word would fall out of his mouth like molasses as he implied in tone that he didn't quite believe her.

"I already said, I am me and me is Maigo." intent focus would narrow for a moment while he straightened himself out again and point directly at her, "And there's no need for cheap jutsu tricks like this to intimidate me! To mistake someone as unique and dignified as I am certainly means that you have many areas in your ninja training to continue perfecting, princess this and princess that, maybe you should focus more on finding your friend and remembering what he looks like before trying to intimidate the likes of me!

A boisterous laugh would fall would fall into a smug grin as Maigo would stand there and finish his rant off, "I, on the otherhand, miss no details at all! It would be of little consequence to find someone I were looking for..." he would finish by relaxing again and leaning backwards on his elbow on to the desk of the nurse while waiting to see how the Princess would respond or react to him this time. Maigo felt fully in the driver's seat again, and he wouldn't give it up so easily.

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:58 pm

Sayuri had the briefest flare of anger at the phrase ‘cheap jutsu tricks’ but was quickly relieved of her annoyance as he mentioned the possibility of it being used to intimidate him. Leaning in she would smile prettily and laugh. “So you are intimidated then? How delicious. And here I thought I was going to spend the day bored.” She was genuinely amused by Maigo and she would hold out her hand in greeting, her eyes turning from frosty white to brilliant blue as she stopped the snow around them.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Maigo. I hope you’re half as enjoyable in the next few hours as you’ve been in the last few minutes. And since you’re so perceptive I assume you can make up for my obvious lack in skill and assist in the hunting of Tamwyn? I’ve been meaning to acquire a hunting partner, and you’ll do just fine. Her eyes would travel pointedly down Maigo’s form from his eyes and then slowly back up again. “Up for the challenge, me is Maigo? Or is it too much?” She was intentionally goading him into helping her now, she doubted he would turn her down since he seemed so singularly focused the topic.

The Ice Queen:
    Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:33 pm

Up for the challenge?! Maigo's face would turn just... slightly as his lips would purse and eyes that sat somewhere between annoyance and ambition would begin to burn as an immediate retaliatory response. He would mimic her turn as he would stand up straight and step to her side, glancing from top to bottom before a conceited puff of air would tear through his teeth.

"Challenge?" Maigo would straighten back towards Sayuri and stand a bit more proudly than he probably should have. "Finding some foolish imposter of myself won't be much of a challenge." Maigo would posture for a second before turning his shoulder away and motioning his hand towards the door.

"Now come on then princess, let's go find this friend of yours and get this over with." Maigo would wait for her to make her exit or get her final word in on the situation. However, the curiosity of the situation would strike him for a moment, as all he really knew about this mystery person is that he was similar in appearance to Maigo? So... tall-ish? Dark hair? Fair skin? It didn't really narrow things down that much in the end. Maigo had to know! The first part of being an effective hunter was to know his prey?

Was this mystery person the cowardly type? To tuck his tail in and run when fleeing from a perceived danger? If he was, it means there would be a chase to accompany their hunt as well, more of a headache and over a cowardly person like that? What a waste... He'd probably leave his comrades and those most involved with as well and leave them for ruin. This hypothetical traitor and coward already Maigo's blood beginning to simmer. However, this was purely a hypothetical and in any instance it was only Maigo's imagination running around the supposed situation. It wouldn't spend all day on this one scenario and for a moment, Maigo would think in the opposite direction that maybe he was an honorable and worthy person to look up to? A skilled ninja with powers unlike any this world had seen? The images of grandeur could quickly start building up but...

Nah. With the image of a weak prey it would leave Maigo as the clearly superior version of himself and this imposter as a nothing copycat! Besides, if he was really a coward and traitor to his friends and those important to him then he didn't deserve the right to be imagined as a great ninja! Well, nonetheless, Maigo would break any potential silence in their journey's start by piping up calmly,

"So anyways, anything I should know about this guy? More details of what he looks like, places he likes to go or doesn't? Anything to narrow down our search..." Maigo's golden yellow eyes would stay fixated on Sayuri until she would respond.

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:27 pm

Sayuri had to stop herself from smiling with glee as Maigo took the bait. It was almost too easy, questioning his capabilities in order to manipulate him into doing her work. She did find the idea that Maigo thought Tamwyn was an imposter of himself rather amusing. Other than their eye colour she didn’t see any noticeable similarities. The most glaring differences being that Maigo was clothed and obviously not missing.

She didn’t want Maigo to become too uninterested, and it was always easier to catch flies with honey, so she made sure to stroke his ego just a bit. “I thought you seemed like the competent type. With you helping this shouldn’t take long at all.” She would smile and start making her way out of the hospital waiting area, expecting Maigo to follow her. She did note the fairly casual use of the word ‘princess’, but as she was intent on a task didn’t feel the need to correct him. Yet.

Once they were through the doors and back onto the street she would glance around, her blue eyes searching the area for any signs of white hair and yellow eyes. Preferably on the same person. Finding none she would turn her attention back to Maigo, her gaze meeting his with intensity as she leaned in close to answer his questions.

“Things to know about him. His name is Tamwyn, he’s this tall. . .” Sayuri would stretch her hand up to indicate Tamwyn’s height which she was interested to see was not quite as tall as Maigo. “. . . and he has yellow eyes, like you. His hair is white, or very pale blonde so it looks white. To be perfectly honest I didn’t see it’s true colour after the blood. So I might as well say pink or red, since that’s what it was after we found the bandits. Though I suppose he might have washed it by now. So maybe white after all. He’s from Kumogakure. . .” She would lean in extra close and speak softly into Maigo’s ear if he allowed her to get that close without pulling away. “. . . He is exceptional at stabbing and he does the most amazing thing with lightning.” A blush would dust across her nose and cheekbones as she remembered the lightning, and all thoughts of finding Tamwyn were immediately replaced with a fierce interest in the dark haired man. “You wouldn’t happen to be able to use lightning, would you?” She punctuated her question by gently inhaling the scent of the man’s cologne. She wasn’t very adept at identifying different scents, but if she had to name the expensive spicy and woody aroma, the word ‘blue’ would definitely be in her description.

The Ice Queen:
    Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:55 pm

The description given of this Tamwyn didn't... actually seem like Maigo that much at all. Still though, Maigo offered the bit of information that though he could stab, he could not use lightning nature and they would continue their search for the rapscallion that had seemed to have gotten away! Well... that would be the idea if not instead they would end up on the trail of a rather wayward soul in the world. One lost to the decencies of man and leaving clues and hints of a person that was, in Maigo's eyes, a bit of a questionable character.

It started with the old woman and her granddaughter in the tea shop not too far where a person with white hair and a quick temper was dissatisfied with his meal. Whether or not it totally fit Sayuri's description of their own target didn't matter as instead they were alerted and subsequently apologizing the for the behavior of this vagrant after the verbal berating he gave the owner and her granddaughter and then walking out without paying. All over the simple thought that the tea wasn't quite strong enough. What absolute nonsense and if this were there man, then Maigo had already heard enough to properly judge him to the depths of social damnation.

The second egregious scenario came about when they passed by a group of people all murmuring in anger, eavesdropping lead to the discovery of a white haired man that also had a blade at his side had bumped into a few children eating ice cream, and when he demanded an apology and the kids gave none, he slashed the tops of their ice cream cone and let them fall to the floor. Only after tears and agony were heard from the young children did he shove through them without another thought. The addition of a blade to the story certainly added credibility that the person they were following might be their target but it was still vague and didn't narrow down much at all.

It was the final one that had Maigo convinced that their target was the person they were looking for and whether he was or not, had left Maigo making a decision that he did not actually want to find him anymore. Such a horrible and inexcusable act that dare not leave Maigo's lips in the far future, words spoken to such a nice young girl. It was an outright sin to shun such a beauty and insult her like he had. Some guy with white hair and yellow eyes in the direction left from their last venture. The very words alone were so ghastly, the behavior left from this man left Maigo nothing but the image of a narcissistic child! Maigo would get the details of this story directly while offering his own condolence and confidence booster in turn. Once their third story was gathered, Maigo would offer a note to Sayuri,

"I'm sorry, but this is a matter of principle now. I offered to help find this person but I could not call him friend based on these stories. I no longer want to find him and think it's better if he just remains lost to us. That way, we never have to learn the truth of whether a person you might consider good or honorable or whatever is actually just a creep and jerk like this path is leading us on. I'm sorry Sayuri, but this is where we must part ways. Until the next time I guess..."

Maigo would say as he would offer a salutary wave before heading off in the distance, back to the hospital to make good on his date offer to the nurse. Pondering over the inconsistency in their trail and how the odds are that this perpetrator of social wrong was probably not the person they were looking for. Not the Tamwyn they had been hunting. Or was it? As far as Maigo would be, he would never really know the truth.  

[Exit Thread]
    [5 posts w/ 1 person = 50 xp]

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:01 am

As the pair moved through the Heavenly Emporium looking for signs of Tamwyn, she was struck by an utter absence of his presence. They found several leads that might have been him, but it was hard to say. And it occurred to Sayuri as they searched, that she knew very little, if anything at all, about Tamwyn. The stories she kept hearing about a white haired man who may or may not have had yellow eyes as well, could have been true and she wouldn’t have known the difference.

As Maigo asserted that it was better that Tamwyn remain lost, Sayuri was disappointed but had no choice but to agree. As no matter where they looked he could not be found. She would nod and offer an ominous parting before making her way off of the Heavenly Emporium and back towards her ice castle.

“We will meet again, me is Maigo. You are far too intriguing to be out of my sight for too long. I expect our paths will cross again sooner rather than later.”

After a brief conversation with Jareth about the ramifications of obsessions she would turn on her heel and leave this part of her past, walking steadily into the future where madness and power lay waiting for her.

[Exit Thread]

The Ice Queen:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:36 pm