Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

The Kazekage Responds

Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

The Kazekage Responds Empty The Kazekage Responds

Post by Nozomi Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:12 pm

Nozomi had effectively taken over as the Kazekage, but more so than that, she was trying to maintain the image that Ei was still alive, so that she could puppet the nation from the shadows without giving up that the Society had taken over. Part of that included replying to letters that were important, so when the letter from Konoha arrived, Nozomi took the liberty of reading and responding.

Nozomi was amused with the letter received from Konoha, which read:

" Dear Kazekage, i hate to have to send this letter but we shall not stand by while your ninja invade into the land of fire with out even asking to cross our borders. The land of fire askes that you pull back your men and leave the borders of the land of fire, if you want a place to invade we can give you aide on taking over the land of birds, mountain and fangs. We shall be expecting your letter back soon if we do not have a reply back in say 3 days then we will have no choice but to remove your soldiers by force. "

Taking out a pen, she wrote up a reply. She'd read enough of Ei's reports and paperwork at this point that she was familiar with the handwriting, and her coordination and perception were enough that she was able to mimic the script well enough.

Dear Hokage,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you believe Sunagakure forces have invaded the land of Fire. I assure you, if any of my forces are inside the bounds of the Land of Fire, it's not with my knowledge. However, if you are referring to the Land of Rivers, it was not in your control when we took it, as Konoha's lands were all relinquished. We have as much a claim to the nation as the Land of Fire, given it borders our nation.

We also resent the accusation that Sunagakure is "looking for a place to invade", and that's a horrible way to diplomatically treat with a nation. Such a thinly veiled accusation could easily spark a war, especially in our current political climate, however, as mutual allies of Kirigakure, and currently given our aid to your nation in the war, we shall overlook this grievance.

That said, we shall relinquish control of the Land of Rivers to your nation once your aid has been acquired in adding the Lands of Birds, Mountain, and Fang, although with the obvious caveat that it is arranged with the Land of Earth (I currently believe you are in control of them as a vassal state) that they do not contest our control of those nations. Additionally, the conquering of those nations need to be done with no bloodshed on the civilian populations. In the interim, we are willing to grant a concession of good will:

Sunagakure is willing to accept Konoha troops be stationed in the Land of Rivers, and Konoha is entitled to a sum of the Land of Rivers income until your end of the bargain is upheld. Should the promised aid not be sent to Sunagakure in a timely manner, say perhaps within a month, our concession will be redacted, and you may feel free to take the Land of Rivers by force. However, should it come to that, we will retract our aid in your war efforts, and we shall be your enemies.

Sincerely,
    Kazekage Ei Kanagawa

Once Nozomi had wrote a reply, she rolled up the scroll and attached it back onto the bird that had delivered the message from Konoha, and sent it back to its village.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

The Kazekage Responds Empty Re: The Kazekage Responds

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:54 am

Dear Kazekage Ei Kanagawa,

It is troubling that I must correct you on this fine point of history. The Land of Rivers has long been regarded as part of the Scarlet Kingdom and to this day Konoha lays rightful claim to that tract of land. Their temporary independence was an oversight that is being looked into, but I can assure you that Suna's invasion is not lawful, welcome, nor will be tolerated.

However, Konoha is deeply appreciative of Suna's willingness to collaborate on this matter. I am sending one of my best shinobi along with a sizeable contingent of Leaf shinobi to assist in the conquest of Birds, Mountain, and Fangs. Earth Country's consent will not be an issue. Konoha likewise agrees that these acquisitions ought be done with no civilian causalities and that the transition of power should be orderly.

Suna's concession is accepted. We will take a fair portion of the River's income until such time as the so-called Mountain Alliance is brought under the Wind's banners. Once that is done, we trust that Suna will allow Konoha to take full control of the Land of Rivers.

Thank you for cooperation on this issue and we hope to continue with you as our ally. Your assistance in our noble struggle against our enemy to the north of Kishin has proven invaluable.

Sincerely,
    Hokage Nyguyen Uchiha