Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Crater (Open)

Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Release, Steel Release, Fuuninjutsu, Misc. Crafting, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Sensory, Kugutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 750,000 Ryo

Crater (Open) Empty Crater (Open)

Post by Kim Chang-Min Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:13 pm

Kim Chang-Min had finally arrived at the wreckage of Moonspire. The analyst sported a large backpack, hiking boots, camo pants, and a very aesthetic looking Chinese sleeveless vest. Kim's hair was slicked back and cropped at the sides and he occasionally stroked it backwards as he surveilled the damage with his lime green eyes. He whistled long and loud as he trekked into the ruins of what was once Kaminari no Kuni's most vibrant industrial town. There was nothing much of anything left of this place. All of the dead bodies had been carried away, anything of value had been taken by Darhk Industries' successor corporation, the State, or by looters. The area was so derelict that Kumo had stopped sending regular patrols to the area. Maybe the odd Jounin or two came by but other than that the place was devoid of life. Which presents the question: Why was Kim Chang-Min hanging around this area?

The answer was simple. He wanted to see why he had gotten it wrong, or rather, why he hadn't seen this coming. Kim prided himself on his analytical abilities. It had put food on the table for his family, money in his pocket, women in his bed, and the champagne on ice (just the way he liked it). He knew that a continental war was all but inevitable from the day he saw Suna collapse. The Hidden Village system was inherently unstable and all the old grudges were never fully resolved. The founding of Suna, Kiri, Kumo, Konoha, and Iwa just gave the bigger players the means to mobilize on a scale undreamt of. What Kim hadn't accounted for was how the war would start. The firm he had worked at had decided to go long on Darhk's stocks with the expectation that his production would ramp up as the war got more heated. They figured it was a safe investment. Damian spent most of his time in Kumo protected by Shimiko, Ryuko, Seigi, and scores of other ninja. He was a master weapons engineer and was incredibly valuable to the nation which all but guaranteed his safety. No one would be stupid, strong, or sneaky enough to get through his defenses and kill the goose that lay the golden eggs.

At least, that was the theory.

Kim's eyes narrowed as he remembered that fateful day. He remembered sweating bullets in his business suit as he watched the television. The stock price tanked, the firm's position was fucked beyond repair, and the only reason he wasn't fired on the spot was because his portfolio still managed to clear the quota if only by a bit. He was so used to being right that he forgot what being wrong felt like. That's why he had come here. To reflect, to learn, and to resolve to do better. What had happened at Moonspire was not his fault. He was entirely disconnected from the situation, but somehow he knew that if he had been a Kumo-Nin, he'd feel extremely guilty about not foreseeing the terrorist attack.

Kim wandered into the center of the town and stood there as he closed his eyes and tried to "see" the numbers. He recalled the relevant players. He remembered the geo-political situation. He replayed the weeks and months prior to the attack and tried to reconstruct his analysis. There amidst the smoke, debris, and flies, Kim performed the art of Math Meditation until something or someone broke his concentration.
    Kara
    Kara

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: More than I need, less than I'd like

Crater (Open) Empty Re: Crater (Open)

Post by Kara Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:40 am

Kara could smell the place long before they arrived. The smell of death. Burnt buildings and scorched metal, a metallic tang hung in the air that might have been oil or blood it was hard to tell. Her faithful bodyguard Doku stayed at her side as they approached, glancing sidelong at the blonde woman he was charged with protecting with his one good eye. He had been hired to protect her from harm, and although it had never been explicitly stated, he assumed that meant more than just physical harm.

Kara had worn black in honour of the occasion. It seemed fitting as it was the closest thing to a true goodbye she was going to get. A long black sleeveless gown covered her small frame, though it was embellished with silver embroidery as Kara was always fashionable even when mourning. Her blonde hair was tied high on her head, elaborately braided so that most of it didn’t catch the breeze. The few pieces that did she would sweep at with her right arm, sighing with mild annoyance as she realized for the hundredth time that day that her right arm was still a prosthetic. Albeit a remarkably well crafted one, were it not for the glint of metal in the light it was hardly noticeable.

“You look stunning.” An honest compliment from the man at her side, and she would pause just at the edge of the ruined city to turn and look at him with a sarcastic grin on her face. The man was literally paid to tell her what she wanted to hear, so while she enjoyed being complimented it was nearly an empty gesture. Nearly. She was a beautiful woman, she was well aware of that and just like others before him Doku was understandably smitten. “You say that everyday Doku. I’ll have to teach you bigger words just so that there’s some variety in your compliments.” The large man’s face fell slightly at her jest and she felt just the tiniest bit bad, it wasn’t his fault he was stupid. “I’m teasing darling. Thank you. You look quite handsome yourself.” She wasn’t teasing, but she would have to remember that he required some coddling. Right on cue as soon as Kara offered Doku a compliment, the dark haired man would grin happily and attempt to pull her by the waist into his arms. Under different circumstances she would have allowed it, however on the literal grave of her husband didn’t feel appropriate, even to someone with as few morals as she had. So she would shake her head ‘no’ and pull away from him gently. “Not here Doku. Please, just. . . not here.”

Her words were said quietly, as though she were worried someone would hear her. And in a way she was, she could practically feel Damien as they resumed walking through the city. His hands were on every bit of worked stone and metal. She could see him in the layout of the city, his mind clearly the master behind the design. It was heart wrenching to endure, but just as she endured wearing stilettos everywhere she went, this she would endure as well. She had allowed herself to crack once before, and that had led to nothing good. Since being taken in by Shimiko she had sobered up considerably and was now much more resilient and practical about approaching her emotions. She studied and analyzed them just like everything else; specimens of interest though somewhat detached from herself. A scientific approach to feeling. It was cold and lonely, but it was also efficient and productive. And she valued the latter far more than the former. For the former she had Doku, or whoever else her eye wandered to.

Moving further towards the center of the city she was stopped by Doku suddenly and silently by a hand placed in front of her and resting on her abdomen. She was just about to chide the man when she noticed why he had stopped her. Standing near the center of the rubble was a lone man. Dark hair, dark clothes and . . . closed eyes. She couldn’t imagine what he was doing here, but she didn’t think he was there to cause trouble. At least not with her. Closing one’s eyes was generally poor judgement if you were there to get into a fight. Unless he was some ridiculously powerful shinobi she’d somehow never heard of, and then it didn’t matter how cautious she was. Glancing at Doku long enough to share a nod of unspoken agreement about the situation, she would walk forward until she was close enough to speak to the man without having to yell. Doku removed his hand from her and placed her bag on the ground, his sword at the ready as he followed after her. “You there, what do you think you’re doing?” She hadn’t intended to inject any emotion into her voice, but as she began to question the stranger she felt oddly protective of a pile of shattered rocks. Doku would not advance past Kara unless the unknown man made any sudden or threatening moves.

Mistress Kara:
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Release, Steel Release, Fuuninjutsu, Misc. Crafting, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Sensory, Kugutsu

Post by Kim Chang-Min Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:41 pm

Kim Chang-Min wasn't the most perceptive of shinobi, at least not when it came to his five senses. He was good at crunching numbers but he still had a ways to go before he could run with the big dogs. He didn't know he was being watched until Kara and Doku were right near him. Even if he wasn't in the midst of a Math Meditation he probably wouldn't have noticed their presence. The fact that he was in the throes of analysis meant that the only way they'd get through to him was by speaking aloud. When Kara asked him to identify himself, his concentration was shattered.

The woman's voice wasn't familiar and he assumed that she must be one of Kumo's patrols. He was rather irritated that she was bothering him but as a newly minted genin, he was certain whoever was questioning him was his superior. It wouldn't do well to be insubordinate when he was the one trespassing. KCM turned around and his normally half-closed eyes widened in surprise as he realized who had called him out.

Kara-sama? What is she doing here? Oh. Right.

Being a financial analyst by trade, Kim would be able to recognize Kara on sight. The corporate magnate who had assumed Damian's business interests was the talk of the econ world. Kara's successor corporation was the result of a merger between her own entities and Damien's. Its IPO had been record breaking and most private equity firms priced the value of the new business in the millions. For him to be in the presence as someone as wealthy, intelligent, and powerful as Kara was rather humbling even for a math savant such as he. The usual arrogance he displayed evaporated and what was left was mild surprise and an astonishing level of politeness.

"I apologize...I didn't mean to intrude. Its an honor to meet you Mistress Kara." Despite his shock, Kim was as smooth as butter. He had learned not to show his fear or uncertainty in front of his superiors. Many a junior analyst had been dismissed or chewed out not because they were wrong, but because they weren't confident in their assessments. The worst thing you could be in his corner of the world was shy and fearful. Kim bowed and kept his hands where she could see them. The man near her had his hand on his sword and if he was guarding the leader of the world's biggest Zaibatsu, then he knew how to use it. He remained still and non-threatening as he continued to flatter Damian's late lover. "I didn't think anyone would be here although I am glad to meet you in person. I am quite the fan of your work.....I'm sorry about what happened to Damian. The two of you were well admired in the financial engineering space. I wanted to pay my respects but if I've overstepped I'll leave immediately."

It was a lie but it sounded better than 'I wanted to analyze where I and everyone else went wrong. I want to get better and predicting disasters and this was a good place to do it.' Kim resisted staring at what Kara was wearing. She was beautiful and the pictures did not do her justice. He was more interested in what went on in her head but that was inaccessible and incomprehensible to even a genius like him. He'd have to settle for appreciating the less intimidating parts of her person, and he'd have to do it without being obvious.
    Kara
    Kara

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu

Post by Kara Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:56 pm

Kara noted the quick change in the man’s demeanour. Micro expressions that most wouldn’t notice, but she had studied people long enough to track emotions through subtler ‘tells’. She saw his eyes widen in mild surprise and then behave, convincingly, as polite and non threatening. His first words were an apology, followed by flattery. ‘Flattery will get you everywhere’ It was Kara’s main form of manipulation and although she could see it being used on her, she was not immune to it. Moreover, this man knew who she was. She probably shouldn’t have been surprised by that, she couldn’t go anywhere without someone recognizing her now, but it made his flattery all the more meaningful when he mentioned he was a fan of her work. Specifically her work in the realm of finances.

Keeping her gaze locked on the strangers, she would hold a dismissive hand up towards Doku and order him without ever once taking her eyes off of Kim. “Go guard the perimeter. I’ll call if I need you.” Kara was not concerned about being left alone with this man, she was intrigued. She heard a disappointed grunt come from Doku’s direction, followed by a disciplined “Yes, Mistress.” and then the sound of retreating footsteps as he moved to do her bidding. Kim would be able to see the intense stare that Doku shot his way before complying and picking up the bag he had dropped earlier and then finally moving out of sight.

Once Kara was sure Doku was following her orders she would move confidently up towards the man who she had stumbled across. She broke eye contact with him as she walked, taking in every detail of the man’s appearance. Appreciatively He was incredibly attractive and well built for someone who, by his own admission, was a member of the financial engineering space. She was more used to seeing. . . lesser specimens from within those ranks. Once she was within a foot of the man, unless he stopped her or moved away, she would raise a hand as if to touch him, stopping her hand’s movement just shy of making actual contact. She would drag her hand across the space just above his left shoulder and behind him as she circled him, finally coming to a stop directly in front of him and resuming eye contact. She would never once actually touch him, but her left hand would be close enough to feel the heat radiate from her. Kara would not speak as she evaluated him, seeking to fully admire him while simultaneously putting him off guard. Or at least, that was the hope.

His comments about Damien were painful and she did not answer him at first, but she pushed away that pain as she chose to focus on the delightful new distraction standing in front of her. She had always done what she wanted, even with Damien. It was who she was and he had understood that. So while her heart ached terribly she sought comfort where she could, hoping to further suppress the emotions that threatened to make her weak. She had done many things to drive away her grief, but they had all been self destructive and socially unacceptable. But there were other appetites she could indulge that gave her relief while not drawing too much negative attention.

“I don’t believe we’ve met. From what I’ve seen so far though, I like you. You are polite and respectful. . . and moderately versed in effective diplomacy.” She would smile slyly at her last comment. It was the old ‘I know that you know that I know’ routine, and she hoped that this man was quick enough to keep up. “You have managed to pique my interest, with more than just your looks. So tell me something, mysterious stranger, that will keep me interested.” She was not even remotely subtle about her physical attraction to the man, and should he take too long to think of something to say she would take another step towards him so that she was mere centimeters from him. Her left hand would come up underneath his chin as she attempted to place her index finger along his jawline. Her earlier annoyance with his presence was effectively erased in the face of her ravenous appetite.

Mistress Kara:
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:45 pm

Kim was being scrutinized. He could tell right off the bat. He was used to it. As an analyst, associate quant, and senior director, all of his moves were dissected by the people who cut his paycheck. Every hunch, guess, pick, and play was viewed from a million angles and the moment something was not right, he suffered for it. Kim's business didn't have the same stakes as the shinobi world, but sometimes the pressure could be just as intense.

The difference with Kara was that Kim couldn't tell what she was thinking. Normally, as his superiors read him, he could read them. He knew when they were impressed, confused, angry, or just plain bored. At any given moment, he knew exactly where he stood and if he was particularly on his game, he could adjust his body language to make them see what he wanted to see. This would not work for the Mistress. Fooling boomer civilians with neuro-linguistic programming was one thing, but doing it with ninja was another entirely. This was the big leagues and Kim simply wasn't at that level. He knew he was being analyzed by an intelligence so far beyond his own, it might as well have been alien. If he tried to adjust his tone, posture, or gaze, it all felt "off" or "wrong." Like a child trying to hide a ball from the architect that built his house. Whatever Kara wanted to find, she'd find. If he tried to fool her then he'd just end up being insulting.

He remained still and astute. The only move he made was to glance in Doku's direction. The bodyguard had been sent to guard the perimeter. He shot the quant a dirty look and received a smirk in return. Kim was amused and he saw no harm in hiding it. Kara either trusted he had honorable intentions or she saw him as so weak that he posed no threat to her. Either way, he was not concerned about the henchman. He stood right where he was as she approached and when she reached out to touch him, he did not flinch. A bead of sweat began to form in his brow. He could count on one hand the times he had gotten nervous since becoming the earner for his household. Now he would need two hands. He braced himself internally for contact but then she held back. Kim did his best to try and not look disappointed. He failed.

Have I disappointed her somehow?

What women thought of him was hardly ever a concern. He just did as he pleased and they always seemed drawn to him. He felt his ego rise as he suspected the same magnetism applied to Kara but as she encircled him, he began to feel less like an alpha-male attracting a mate and more like a prized bull being inspected by its owner. The power dynamic was drastically different even though the subject remained constant. Some would have found this irritating, but Kim found it rather intoxicating. A refreshing change of pace. The only reason it excited him was because she was the most intelligent woman in the world. There was much she could teach him, and if permitted, there was much he would teach her.

When Kara finally spoke, Kim exhaled lightly through his nose. He was suddenly cognizant of the fact that he had been holding his breath. The anticipation was quite literally going to kill him. When she confirmed that it was his aesthetics that had drawn her interest, his smirk grew even more arrogant. The fact that she had even gone so far as touch him was all the validation he needed. She had nibbled on the bait, now it was time to see how close he could pull her in.

Kara's meta-awareness made her a difficult woman to impress and what came out of his mouth next better be good. He had a feeling that she wasn't the sort to give second-chances. He started with the necessary introductions.

"Not polite enough to give you a proper introduction unfortunately. My apologies Mistress." Kim took a step back and bowed. When he righted himself, he continued: "My name is Kim Chang-Min. I was a Senior Director at Nomura Mosu Securities" Kim was very good at his job but there was no way Kara would know who he was, or at least, he doubted she would. Senior Directors weren't that powerful in the grand scheme of things and though she'd have heard of his firm, he wasn't really calling enough shots to draw the interest of Darhk Industries or Lunari Enterprises. Since his stature in their shared realm was small, he'd need to more than make up for it with his wit.

Kim took a step forward, closing the gap that he had created and putting them right back in each other's personal space. He looked down at her with desire in his eyes before adding:

"I'm a shinobi of Kumogakure no Sato presently but I never let my true skills rest or rust. I'm not only more put together than my peers in the industry....I'm smarter than most of them as well. I noticed what you did when you absorbed Darhk Industries. A Reverse Triangular Merger is a risky move when acquiring a new company but if structured and managed appropriately the tax advantages are enormous, especially for a country like Kaminari no Kuni. There are very few financial engineers with the expertise to fully leverage such a structure. I'm sure you're one of them...but you have better things to do then mess with spreadsheets and credit agreements. I'm sure you hire the very best but you'd be surprised how many seasoned financial analysts can fuck up a conglomerate. its not the sort of thing I'd leave to chance.."

Kim wasn't sure whether his analysis would be impressive. Kara was so smart that what he might consider challenging, she might find rather trivial. He hoped she wasn't so far removed from his IQ that she couldn't appreciated what he was offering the Eclipse Federation. If a single asset was incorrectly classified even for a single fiscal quarter, the Kumo equivalent of the IRS would raid her company's coffers or at the very least take more than they were entitled to. He was certain she had strong connections in the government but money was money and if they could extract rent from her efforts, they would.

"What's yours is yours Mistress." There was a double meaning behind his words and he was banking on her being smart enough to catch it.
    Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Wed May 05, 2021 6:35 am

As Doku left, Kara couldn’t help but notice the smirk that appeared on the handsome stranger's face, clearly directed at the departing bodyguard. Inwardly Kara sighed, she didn’t necessarily disapprove of the peacocking, but she knew she would have to put even more effort into patching up Doku’s hurt feelings later. Not that the activity would be drudgery, far from it, but dealing with other people's emotions was always a drain on her energy. It was part of why she had dedicated so much of her life to craftsmanship. Armor and weapons didn’t cry when she yelled at them, buildings didn’t crumble when they were ignored for a few hours. Humans were positively exhausting in their constant need for validation and support. It was also why, given the chance, Kara would return to Boros in a heartbeat; the alien world had been lacking in only one thing - humans. And, she suspected, that also meant it lacked the continual torment and angst that went along with humans.

She did not turn her head as Doku left, and instead kept her focus on the potential prize she had in her sights. The man was tall and good looking, and even as she scrutinized him he kept his composure. The only crack she saw in his impeccably chiseled armor was a look of disappointment as she withheld her touch on her first pass around him. She didn’t laugh or smile, but she was happy to see the absence of her touch had struck a chord with the man. She didn’t fancy herself a sadist exactly, but she did enjoy having power. Especially over people. Kara could see from the arrogant smirk on the man’s face that he seemed to be enjoying the dance as well, and that was all the better.

It was Kara’s turn to be disappointed as the man took a step back from her, though she did manage to hide it, almost perfectly. There was a slight flutter to her eyes as she had to remind herself to actively control her facial expression in that moment. Barely perceptible, but there all the same. He bowed and she would retract her hand from the space he had just vacated, allowing it to meet its metal twin folded in front of her against the front of her gown. She did not return the bow, but she did blink once and offer a gentle smile. She had not heard of him, though she had heard of the company he worked for, not that she thought either point was appropriate to mention aloud. She ran the risk of actually offending the man, and with the effort she was currently putting forth to draw him in, embarrassment would only push him away and that was the last thing she wanted. She would make a non-committal ‘hmm’ noise, and as she considered reciprocating the formal introduction she was pleasantly surprised to have him reenter her personal space.

She looked up at him as he spoke, her own honey coloured eyes reflecting the desire she saw in his. The man was clearly trying to impress her, and she allowed herself to be impressed. While he flattered them both with his knowledge of the inner workings of her most recent public business deal her left hand would reach for his right hand, and if he did not pull away she would slowly trail her fingers up from his hand and along his arm. It had been far too long since she had enjoyed the company of intelligence. Assuming he had not stopped her, her fingers would continue their caress across the top of his shoulder and finally resting on the side of his neck as she took a step forward to completely obliterate any space between them. He may as well have been reciting some erotic novel to her for the effect his words were having. A light dusting of pink had settled on her pale cheeks, and her chest rose and fell more quickly in time to her rapidly increasing breaths and heartbeat. There was nothing Kara loved more than herself, and to hear him truly recognize her brilliance had awoken a longing she had long thought buried with the dead.

Her voice was low and breathy as she would crane her neck back to look at him, a task made slightly harder by how close they were and their height difference. Even though she wore  heels the man was taller than she was, and she would have to support some of her weight in the grip from her left hand. “You understand your field quite well. More than most I’d wager, if I gambled. Kim. . .” She would pause and bite her lip gently as she tried to control the tone of her voice as the word ‘Mistress’ left his lips. “I don’t leave things to chance. I like what’s mine to be. . . tangible.” There was a double meaning behind her words to match his, and to drive the point home she would gently press herself against him while keeping her eyes locked on his. She would only break their gaze as her left hand would move up to sweep from his temple and around the back of his right ear as she leaned in once more to whisper directly into it. “Is that an offer, Kim Chang-Min? Because you have me. . . decidedly. . . interested.”

In truth Kara was impressed. Most that she spoke to were not smart or perceptive enough to appreciate the clever way she had arranged her assets. And she was very interested in Kim. Not just for his undeniable physical appeal, but she had been looking for someone like him. She had Mai who kept up with the day to day of Darhkvale, but although the woman was smart, she was too kind. Kara knew that eventually Mai would balk at something or other, and Kara would have to find a replacement. This man though, not only had he already deduced some of the more intricate workings of her business, he approved of them. That sort of mind she could use and never tire of. After whispering her question she would pull back from his ear enough to study his face again, curious to see what his reaction was to her forwardness.

Mistress Kara:
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Thu May 06, 2021 11:57 pm

Kim was a very observant mathematician. He saw decimals when others saw whole numbers. His gift with numbers and eye for precision had served him well in his career, but it had never been enough. He also needed to develop a skill for reading people to go as far as he did. Of course, unlike pure mathematics, there were limits to his ability in this field.  During their initial moments of their meeting he found it impossible to read Kara and he suspected that he'd get nothing from any attempt at analysis so he didn't even bother. However, when he stepped back from her to bow, he noticed the most minute of expressions. Ah...there it is. Distance does make the heart grow fonder...even if its half a foot. Kim was careful not to let on that he had noticed and Kara was just as careful not to let her mistake show. She sounded relatively bored with him and his introduction, but the newly minted Kumo genin knew that it'd be best to press on.

As Kim spoke, he tried to ignore the look in her eyes. If he focused on the honey, he'd get stung. Trip over his own words. Stutter. Get nervous. He didn't need to be a playboy to know that such mistakes might cause his Mistress to lose interest. No. He had to be on point and that meant pretending that her look and Oh God touch, was as natural to him as breathing. He didn't shy away, but he didn't react either. It was as if he had all the confidence in the world and expected her to want to touch a work of art. Kim did notice that it wasn't just his appearance that was drawing her in, it was his words as well. She was getting turned on by what he had to say, or more aptly, she was getting turned on by the prospect of making money. Well that's one thing we have in common..... By the time her hand reached his neck, he could no longer control himself. He had pitched well, now it was time to close the deal. When the distance between them was eliminated, Kim's hands found their way around her waist. He drew her even closer so now her body was tightly pressed against his.

When she replied to his offer, it was clear that he had not just talked himself into a job, but something more. The only question now was how far he would deign to take this? Holding the wealthiest and most powerful businesswoman in the world was doing wonders for his already inflated self-ego. If he could have her, then he could have damn well anything. The only thing that made him hesitate was how unreal this all felt. It was almost too easy. Like a test. Kim decided he didn't care. It was like a neuroscientist who understood the acute effects of opium yet chose to indulge anyway. He wanted what he wanted and he wanted it now. When she drew away from his ear and studied him to see his reaction, he gave her one.

"No." he said in response to her question. "This is"

Kim pulled her in close and leaned forwards to kiss her. It was against his "protocol" to kiss a woman so soon and with such straight-forward gusto, but Kara was unlike any woman he had ever known and probably would ever know. There was no use in playing games with her. She knew precisely what she wanted out of life and wasting her time would only lose him a valuable opportunity. If permitted, his contact would be gentle at first but in seconds it would grow firm. A trait immediately shared by another part of his body. There was, however, such a thing as coming on too strong so he managed to restrain himself for now. He leaned forward and held her in his arms for a while before breaking the kiss. It was premature and he wished he could say it was in accordance with some master plan, but the truth was he felt something in his spirit. Perhaps it was the glimmer of a ghost in the corner of his vision or just a nagging feeling as his brain crunched certain probabilities. Whatever it was, it was causing him to hesitate.

He knew this feeling. It was the feeling he got before he made a play that would change the trajectory of his firm or kill its books for the next three quarters. He knew at moments like these the most prudent thing to do was to Slow Down. No matter how much he wanted to speed up.
    Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Sat May 08, 2021 4:02 am

Kara had been very careful to not touch Kim with her metal arm. She was always painfully aware of its existence, and of the fact that it made her mortal. When she had first lost it back in Sunagakure she had felt nothing. It had been swift and sudden, a perfectly clean severing of her future. As she had fled the scene the shock had begun to wear off and the physical pain had set in, but that discomfort in those fateful minutes had been nothing to the agony she had endured since. She had gone through a distressing time of drunkenness, only stopped by the watchful eye of her host in Kumogakure; Shimiko Chinoike. For many months she had not even attempted to do anything about it, she had worn sleeveless gowns and kept her arm in plain sight, an impulsive dare to the world. She had been so distraught that her behaviour had spiraled out of control and she had gone to incredible lengths to ease the pain in her heart. It was not until she met Seid and had been taken on a trip to another world that she began to put her life back together. Piece by painful piece.

The prosthetic arm she had created, Sukuinote, was not the finest work she had ever done - but it was among them. The hundreds of tiny pieces of engineered metal worked in many ways better than her previous organic arm had. With one very distinct difference; warmth. The metallic fingertips allowed the same sensations her previous fingers had, the strength and fine motor skills were all still there. But no matter what she did, the arm was still made of metal. And metal felt cold. Normally, since she had crafted and surgically grafted the prosthetic onto herself, she would wear a glove to cover it. Today though, she had decided against it, not anticipating interacting with anyone other than Doku. She should have been expecting it, her turn from alcohol as a coping mechanism had not been out of a sudden turn towards anything healthier. She was just as impulsive and driven by base desire as she had been before, she coped now in other more socially acceptable ways.

~~~

Doku crouched on a half crumbled bit of masonry about a story up, he imagined it used to be some sort of wall based on its position relative to the rest of the rubble. He had done as Kara had asked and gathered her bag and gone to ‘guard the perimeter’. “Whatever that means” he grumbled to himself quietly as he observed his Mistress playing with a new toy. From his vantage point he had a very good view of what was going on, he hadn’t gone far enough to lose sight of her, because that would have been stupid. And he wasn’t stupid. His whole job was to make sure no one tried to hurt her, and if he couldn’t see her then what good was he?

He was still seething from the interaction with the man that currently held Kara in his arms. “Who tha fuck does he think he is though? I’d love ta see him give me a look like that alone.” Doku continued grumbling as he watched the scene unfold below. The truth, that he was unwilling to say out loud, was that his pride and feelings were hurt. He had grown rather attached to Kara and jealousy reared its ugly head as soon as her eye fixated on someone new. The one consolation that Doku had was that no matter her dalliances, Kara always came back to him. Or so he liked to tell himself. Kara never bothered to correct that particular logical fallacy.

If anyone were to look up at that moment they would see a dark haired Doku glaring with murderous intent at another dark haired man several meters away. All while the glint of light on metal could be seen in Doku’s hand as he considered all he might do to the arrogant man he stared at.

~~~

So here she stood with an incredibly handsome man, and the same fear of being seen as less than went through her mind. Kim’s words were like a drug, pulling her in and captivating her, making him more and more difficult to resist. Despite all the distractions and all the desire she kept her right arm away from him, and held onto him only with her left. As his hands wrapped around her waist and pulled her tightly against him she would let out a small sigh which was a mixture of surprise and pleasure. And even though the increased closeness made her tremble slightly with want, she still would not raise her right arm to touch him. She adored his boldness and as she studied his face to receive an answer to her question, both the one she had spoken aloud and the one voiced only in her eyes and slightly parted lips, she found what she was looking for.

As soon as his lips touched hers, she reached for him with her right arm.

Pressing herself firmly against him she matched his gentle kiss and then quickly allowed the moment to take her. She melted into Kim’s arms, both of her hands gripping onto him as she stood on her toes and kissed him deeply. In her passion she forgot about her metal arm, forgot that she stood amidst the ruins of a massacre, forgot everything. She could feel him hardening against her and she smiled and sighed into his mouth.  Her left hand moved to the back of his head, her fingers pressing into his scalp slightly as she dragged her nails gently through his short hair. As he pulled back from her and broke their kiss something akin to a quiet moan escaped her lips as she smiled up at him. Her smile was sweet but with a hint of arrogance, the kind of smile that said ‘I’ve won’. Her golden eyes would lock onto his green ones as she struggled to get her breathing under control. Her cheeks were flushed and she would release her grip with her left hand as she pulled her fingers to her lips and softly brushed her fingertips across them. “I accept.” Was all she said as she allowed her fingers to trail from her own lips down her neck and across her decolletage, the gentle touch causing a shiver to run through her. She wanted him to ravish her, to tear her clothing off and have his way with her right then and there, all while continuing to sing her praises of course. She knew that if she ordered him to, he most likely would. But she also wanted to see what he would do without orders. The illusion of independence was always the most interesting thing to observe.

Mistress Kara:
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Sun May 23, 2021 1:26 am

Kim was so enraptured by Kara's passion that he had forgotten all about her little minion. The bodyguard was a cretin in his eyes. Someone who was certainly stronger than himself, but probably not as intelligent. He was nothing more than glorified muscle and he decided to believe that Kara held the same opinion. The way she had unceremoniously sent him away was as loud and clear a message as any. That wasn't what occupied his thoughts at the moment though. For now, all he had eyes for was her. While the two locked lips, he became aware of a pressing weight against his body. The pleasure of the moment was so intense that he mostly ignored it and chalked it up to his imagination. The second he broke the kiss, however, he realized that the weight he felt originated from her, specifically her arm. It was cold to the touch and had the characteristics of metal. Kim was fairly intelligent and knowledgeable about the shinobi world. He knew that those skilled in Kugutsu were capable of creating prosthetics just as easily as they could automatons. His first assumption was that her arm was a prosthetic weapon. That she had undergone body modification as a sort of preventative measure should Doku not be willing or able to protect her. It made perfect sense given Masaru's untimely demise and it also explained why she was fine consorting with random strangers without protection.

Kim Chang-Min wasn't disturbed by this realization. It never occurred to him that she was maimed and so the revelation only served to further endear her to him. When she gave him a knowing smile and accepted his offer, he knew that she was in full control of the situation. He guessed that she had touched him with her arm to remind him of that. It was clear that she wasn't through with him. She wanted more and he felt obliged to give it. She could probably just take whatever she wanted from him, but that wouldn't be enough for a woman like her. She wanted him to give it to her: everything. The only thing holding him back was there present location. Kim had made love to women in more inappropriate places than this, but that wasn't the issue. It was who had died here that made things different. He wasn't a superstitious man but he did understand the concept of respect. It was hard to earn his admiration given how conceited he was, but the late business magnate had done just that. He knew the two had formerly been an item and while Kara had moved on, there was no sense defiling his memory but fucking the daylights out of her right here and now.

There'd be time enough for that later.

The financial wizard grinned and tried to straighten his hair. He wasn't concerned about it but he needed to do something with his hands to keep them from shaking. Another successful pitch he mused to himself. As she eyed him seductively, Kim had to think fast. He couldn't tell her outright why he wanted to take things slow, but if he lied she'd probably catch on. He couldn't change the subject nor could he attempt to de-escalate the situation with humor. He decided to explain himself tactfully without coming across like a scared impotent boy.

".....Good." he finally managed once his heart-rate slowed to an acceptable level. "I'm at your disposal Mistress Kara but you'll need to forgive me. I always need time to acclimate to a new role. Experience has taught me that little good comes of indulging your superiors before you get a chance to find out what they truly want" Kim had to be careful here. He didn't wish to offend the CEO, but he did need to highlight an important point. If Kara really just wanted release, he could provide that. However once the climax had been achieved, the itch scratched, and the lust sated, would she still want him around? Would he become another idle minion like Doku? She had stroked his ego earlier but it was difficult to say if she truly valued him for what he could give. If she wanted a true companion, an equal, it would take time for him to rise to her stature. He had never given settling down any real thought, but if he wasn't willing to consider it for Kara then he might as well just go ahead and get that vasectomy he had always joked about. Kim needed time to understand what Kara really wanted and needed from him. His instincts were telling him to hold off from the good stuff for the time being. Delay gratification. Prove your worth. Make her desire you. . If all she wanted was a fling then he might have screwed himself over, but maybe she'd at least respect him as opposed to seeing him as a cheap man-whore.

For the first time since he had last mocked the man, Kim glanced in Doku's direction. He only looked towards the swordsman for a moment before putting his eyes back on Kara. He had no intention of being sent to "guard the perimeter." He was in this for the long haul.
    Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:10 pm

Kara could tell the man was flustered, his sudden need to straighten his perfectly coiffed hair was all the indication she required to make that assessment. It was an effect she was pleased to have evoked, and she was doubly pleased that despite the cold touch of her metal arm, he had not pulled away. It was enough to give her a self satisfied smirk as she listened to his latest pitch. Her own heart was pounding and it was taking more than a little bit of self control to not reattach herself to him, in recent months she had been used to people such as Doku. Dull sycophants that catered to her every whim, leaping at the opportunity to provide her with even an iota of pleasure.

Kim though. . . Kim was different. While she could see clearly that he wanted her, he was willing to set aside his baser instincts to consider what the future might look like. A trait she had not yet observed in any of her other dalliances. A lesser person might have been offended as Kim pumped the brakes, but not Kara. All she saw was a devastatingly handsome man with the sincere respect to consider her true desires. She would stare at him for a while after he spoke, her golden eyes settling on his green ones as she seriously considered his words. She let a noticeable amount of time pass as she thought; in part to slow the beating of her own heart and to get a handle on the throbbing between her legs, though also she wanted to see how well he continued to fare under her scrutiny.

“You wish to discover what I truly desire. . .” One eyebrow was slightly raised as she spoke, taking a step towards him once more, this time raising her metallic arm and sliding it under the man’s chin and attempting to gently cup it in her hand. Should that succeed she knew that from this angle it would be a mere twist of her wrist and the hidden blade in Sukuinote would drive itself firmly into the soft flesh of his bare neck. The knowledge that she, quite literally, held the unsuspecting man’s life in her hand gave her a surge of confidence that added intensity to her stare. For several moments more she held this pose as she contemplated the current risk to her life. She had been unafraid for her personal safety earlier, but it was easy to be unafraid when flooded with raging desire, as she allowed herself to calm once more she had to consider the idea that this might be an elaborate trap. Her vanity did not allow her to even entertain the notion that she was uninteresting to Kim, so his sudden pause and mild distress was cause for concern. That and she was incredibly paranoid since her time in Sunagakure.

“I desire a great many things Kim Chang-Min, some of which I’m sure you could provide. But tell me, what do you truly desire?” Assuming she had been permitted to grasp the man’s chin, she kept her prosthetic hand there, angling his face down towards her so that she could keep eye contact with him and assess whether this was a trap or a ruse, or if there was something more innocent at play. She wanted to believe that he was sincere, that he really was interested in more than a simple ‘roll in the hay’, she wanted to believe that there was no trap or ruse. But she had stupidly believed such things before and lost her arm for it. What she was looking for as she posed her question was an indication of either sincerity or deception. If he was there to cause her harm then she didn’t expect him to blatantly say so, but she assumed there would be some tell as he answered. Though for once in her life she wanted to be proven wrong. Kim was a fabulous specimen of a man, and she would much rather bed him than exsanguinate him, so she would allow him time to prove himself to her without overtly threatening his life. For now.

Mistress Kara:
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:48 am

Kara wasn't so easily satisfied. While Kim's explanation might have melted the heart of a less demanding woman, it only invited further scrutiny from his Mistress. Kim wouldn't buckle under the pressure though. He knew that she might challenge his statement and so he met her gaze with unyielding conviction. When she put the cold steel of her prosthetic hand underneath his chin, he didn't flinch or look away. If she wanted to kill him he assumed that she could. The young man's combat skills were barely above that of your average civilian. He was a Hayami in name only at the moment. None of his shinobi talents were up to par and though Kara was known for her engineering and business expertise, he didn't doubt that she had means of defending herself.

She replied that she wanted a great number of things and KCM took this at face value. When she asked him what he truly desired though, he couln't help but furrow his brow in confusion. He hadn't necessarily expected this although perhaps he should have. He was so focused on pleasing Kara that he hadn't really thought of what he'd say in response to such a question. He wasn't sure the straight-forward answer would be to her liking but he also knew that if he lied she'd probably know. Kim had gotten good at telling the truth creatively. He had faced down many a securities regulator and told half-truths, creative omissions, non-answers and metaphical responses. Those men were simpleton compared to Kara though and he'd do well to acknowledge that fact.

"Honestly?" he said in a cool dispassionate tone. "Excitement. The war was probably the most impactful thing to happen on this side of the word in centuries....and I was stuck behind a desk for most of it. Some would say that's a blessing, I call it a curse. I want something new in my life. Something money can't buy. I get a distinct impression that serving you would be anything but boring." Kim was now getting to the heart of why he become a shinobi. There was only so much he could get out of being a working-man and his interest in the ninja way of life had never truly disappitated. Introducing Kara into the mix would only spice up his career and while it might not sound as romantic as he'd have liked, it was the truth. If he didn't say it outright then she'd find out. He knew she would.
    Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:15 am

She had to give it to the man, he was hard to rattle. Most other people she knew would have been severely off kilter by now, yet Kim stood there as seemingly unphased as he had been when she first arrived. While she did enjoy evoking fear in those she worked with, it had a certain amount of success when it came to motivating her workers, she was impressed by his resilience. She kept her metal hand delicately gripping the man’s chin as she allowed him to answer her question. Her golden eyes searched his lime green ones for the truth as he spoke, although she had no dojutsu she did not require it to discern the truth. She was perceptive enough to observe the small signals that went along with lying that most were not intelligent enough to even see let alone suppress or disguise. Muscle twitches, an unconscious glance, quickened pulse and breathing. They were all subtle but they were there.

She knew that Kim was flustered, it wouldn’t have taken a genius to figure that one out. Who wouldn’t be in such a situation? Hell, even she was flustered. It was perfectly reasonable and she ignored any signs of it. When he did answer though, she was a tiny bit surprised. She hadn’t fancied that someone such as him would be so interested in chasing an adrenaline high. In retrospect though she should have seen it. She had found him out in the middle of a ruined city, the site of a massacre and they had been this close to enjoying each other thoroughly. The idea that he was seeking excitement was the logical answer to all observable events thus far.

She allowed him to finish speaking and then she gave him a dazzling smile, releasing her metal hand carefully from his jaw and replacing it with her organic one. She would trace the length of his jaw with her thumb as she hummed lightly. “A good answer Kim Chang-Min. I understand that feeling, that desire. One day I will tell you just how well I understand it. You flatter me, of course, which is wise. Flattery will get you everywhere. If you would like to be blessed with a long and interesting life, then that I can provide. You should know however, Kim. I am not searching for another lackey, I have more of those than I can count.” Her hand would move from Kim’s jaw and trail down his arm, eventually resting on his hand. “I’m searching for an equal. I need an equal.”

With a small sigh she would lower her gaze for a moment to his hand, that unless he had pulled away, was now gently cradled in her own. She let the gravity of the moment sink in as she stared at Kim’s hand. She stood in what was probably the final resting place of Damien Darhk, and here she had happened upon someone that was so like him. . . She had sworn over and over again in alcohol soaked fits that she would never allow herself to feel anything again, that she was done with looking at people like they were more than simple tools. But her time with Damien had cracked the armor she had built around her heart and despite all of her trying, she had never been able to fully repair it. She was feeling. . . sentimental. And she knew it was dangerous to allow that kind of vulnerability, but it was not something she thought Doku or any of her other half-witted employees would understand. “I don’t need a ‘yes man’. I need someone to challenge me, to excite me. It’s exhausting sometimes, always being in control. . . of everything and everyone. So, on the condition that you will direct me when I need it, consider yourself hired.” She gave him a businesslike smile, releasing his hand and squashing the emotional moment with practiced professionalism. Before she took a step back however she would press against him once more so that she could whisper into his ear, giving it a light teasing bite as she spoke. “I should warn you though, I usually mix business with pleasure.” She had shown a brief glimpse into her armor, a peek at the true Karasu beneath the veil. Now though she returned to the flirtatious and commanding business woman that had first arrived.

Mistress Kara:
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:52 pm

As Kara continued to hold his chin, Kim couldn't help but feel vulnearable. She had all the power in this situation and he had none. If his response displeased her she could very well kill him for it and face no reprecussions. That was true power. KCM's newfound proximity to it was intoxicating and it took a considerable amount of effort to appear stoic and sober. Fortunately, the mathematician's discipline paid off. Kara expressed satisfcation with his response. She promised to take him to new heights but as a partner rather than a servant. He smirked as she took his hand in her own. In response, his free hand rose to cradle her cheek. It was presumptious but Kim didn't care. He knew that she craved contact and companionship. He wasn't going to make love to her here but that wasn't going to stop him from showing affection.

She didn't want complete service from him, she wanted direction and counsel. Kim wasn't as smart as she was nor was he as physically fit as Doku, but he did have a fierce sense of independence that many lacked and in the right enviroment, his growth potential was unlimited. Choosing him was a sound and logical choice, but he wasn't naive enough to think that Kara's decision was based on business alone. In fact, he didn't even need to entertain the thought. She had outright told him otherwise. Even as she withdrew her hand and he removed his from her cheek, there was an undeniable connection between them. A connection that wasn't mediated by financial figures. That connection was further demonstrated when Kara drew close once more and whispered that she often mixed business with pleasure. The teasing bite that followed made his pulse quicken and he couldn't resist grabbing her by her waist and planting a sensual kiss on her lips before she could step back. "I wouldn't have it any other way" he replied with a smile. Kim would then take her hand and lead her out of the obliderated scene. "We should probably get back to Kumogakure...unless of course you have unfinished business here" Kim didn't want to pry but if he was going to be Kara's right hand, he'd need to know as much about her and her plans as possible.
    Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:52 am

Kara was pleased by Kim’s receptiveness to her continued teasing, as well as the more subtle silent request for physical affection. ‘He’ll do nicely.’ She would lean into Kim’s hand as he cupped her cheek, a playful glint in her golden eyes. Her teasing bite was quickly rewarded with a sensual kiss, one that was well received and it took some effort to finally take a step back. When he took her hand to lead her away from the ruins Kara would pause, her steps unmoving as she considered why she had come here in the first place.

She had been prepared to just blithely follow along with the man who now held her hand, content to be led where it seemed excitement lay. But the words ‘unfinished business’ brought her somberly back to reality as she remembered the reason she had come to the ruins of Moonspire in the first place.

Damien Darhk.

Her eyes would water for a moment, and a metal hand would come up and sweep angrily at the forming tears. And then she would sigh and close her eyes. Emotion was not a good look on her, she knew that when she wasn’t in control of the emotion she was displaying that it made her vulnerable.

With her eyes closed she would imagine what this place would have looked like once upon a time. She imagined sprawling streets of marble with towering buildings filled with glass that sparkled in the light. She had seen pictures of the fabled city, she had heard Damien’s descriptions and of course she’d seen the blueprints first hand. It was easy for her to recreate the city in her mind, but in that moment she tried to see it as he had. The tower that stretched to the moon. Moonspire. He had given it to her, he had given her everything. He had sworn to love her into eternity, and he hadn’t known then how true that would end up being. She remembered her nightmares, or dreams depending on how you looked at them, and she knew that even though he was beyond her reach physically - he was still there. He still loved her.

She searched her heart and saw that she still loved him as well. She doubted she would ever stop, which in some ways made her happy and in other ways pained her greatly. She could still feel Kim’s hand in her own and it made her realize that she had to let go. She had spiralled deep into the abyss, and even though she continued on and put on a smile she knew in her heart that she had not yet let go. She held the image of Damien in her mind’s eye; Dark hair and silver eyes - her sun and stars. ‘Goodbye, my love. I will never forget you. I will see you again in time.’ It was all she could say and then she opened her eyes and stared into the lime green eyes of Kim. “No. I’m finished here.” Another tear would slide down her cheek as she tried to convince herself that what she was saying was true. She wanted it to be true, she desperately wanted to be able to rid herself of the pain of loss. But she understood that only time would be able to do that. So time she would give herself.

Until then though, she knew there were other ways to mend a broken heart. She knew well enough that part of moving on was making plans for the future. And she could see in Kim Chang-Min a future. Her words had been stern, and as soon as she had spoken them she regretted the tone she had taken. “My apologies, I didn’t mean to be curt. I came here to. . . say goodbye I suppose. It was. . . uncomfortable.” She would take a step towards him then, closing the gap she had created by stopping her movement, and she would link her arm securely into his. “Take me back to Kumogakure, and once we’re there we can continue discussing our future.” She would then keep pace with the man as they left the area, looking away from her new companion only long enough to nod to Doku to follow along. Doku grabbed her bag and followed the pair at a respectful distance; close enough to protect Kara but not close enough to clearly hear Kim and Kara’s conversation.

[Exit Thread -> Travelling to Kumo with Kim and Doku]

Mistress Kara:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:44 am