Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

+2
Tengoku
Kensai
6 posters

A Plea For Peace: The Five Kage Summit

Tengoku
    Tengoku
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

A Plea For Peace: The Five Kage Summit - Page 3 Empty Re: A Plea For Peace: The Five Kage Summit

Post by Tengoku Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:51 pm

Tengoku would settle back as everything seemed to calm. They had been standing on the edge of a blade. One that could forever cut ties between any of the villages. Anger and resentment drowning what was supposed to be talks of peace. To be clear all he knew of Society had been greatly increased in this meeting beyond the basics. Along with what had been televised before. Nozomi had her own strength and with the Iron Samurai backing her this was not likely to go well for the Kage in attendance. He would take his seat as it felt like a weight was lifting off his shoulders. Nozomi had actually relented some ground and shared a great deal with them all. She was so strong and independent it was as if they had been asking the impossible. Expecting the last ditch effort of a simple scarf...he could still smell the scents of blood on it...though the scent of Sayuris fresh blood was still the strongest scent in the room. Tengoku was virtually a wolf in nature so distinguishing different scents wasn't difficult for him after all. His career before becoming a Hokage had been that of a tracker nin.

She would reveal just how impossibly strong their true enemy was and Tengoku would listen in silence. The tea forgotten for now as he was wishing for something a little stronger. Whiskey would be prefered but he would keep that to himself. What did on do when the end of the world was announced to them? Old gods and the founding Kage? That was one hell of an enemy to prepare for. If one could even prepare for it. Realism was settling in for him. Despite his current strength he wouldn't be ready to fight yet. He needed something more. Something to be able to fight back. Something to place him on par...he could feel it though. That hint of another power deep within....that feeling he had unlocked when his sisters life had been threatened. He could always feel it in the pit of his stomach since than but only faintly. To anyone with Senjutsu running chakra sensory would barely be able to detect it as he searched inwardly for it. The faint spark of sage chakra deep within him. Not fully realized yet but there it was. Waiting for him to tap into it.

Shimiko would speak of moving this meeting to somewhere more discreet. Away from prying ears and eyes. After all Nozomi had been listening in on the meeting and there were guards everywhere. Tengoku would tap his fingers on the table idly a moment before he would shake his head as he glanced with amber eyes to Kensai and then back to Nozomi a moment. Before speaking in turn. Replying to Shimiko primarily.

"Lady Shimiko. While I understand your concerns...I must disagree. It is my belief that any attempt to have a hidden discussion against such potent enemies would be a waste of time and resources. If they are that old and that strong chances are they already know about this conversation. However they haven't dealt with us yet. To me that says whatever they are planning they don't feel ready yet. They are capable certainly but there are unknown people within our ranks already yes? So eventually any plan we hide and discuss will be discovered if not immediately. We don't even know what they are truly capable of. Instead I suggest we gather our strength and work towards a unified force. To do this. I will consider establishing something Kiri and Konoha already have. An exchange program where members of our nations can voluntarily go and reside in another nation with Kage permission to train outside of their normal comfort zones. If we take away everything that separates us and gain new power together instead of apart...even simple men like myself can become so much greater."

Village: Konoha
    Titles: The Paladin of Konoha

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:
    Strength: B (A with Vambraces of Justice active)
    Constitution: C (B with Pauldrons of courage active )
    Stamina: B (B + From housing)
    Speed: B (A with  Greaves of Tenacity active)
    Coordination: S (X with  Tengoku Kaeri no Ken active)
    Intelligence: C
    Perception:  A (A++ from Hankōgan III)

Current attunement -
    Tengoku Kaeri no Ken - active
    Greaves of Tenacity  - active
    Kuroikiba Alpha - Inactive
    Vambraces of Justice - inactive
    Pauldrons of Courage - inactive
    Plated gloves of Temperance - Active

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Sayuri
    Sayuri

Village : Kirigakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Hyoton, Fuuton, Suiton, Ninjutsu, Iryojutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kanchijutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: I take payment in blood

A Plea For Peace: The Five Kage Summit - Page 3 Empty Re: A Plea For Peace: The Five Kage Summit

Post by Sayuri Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:42 pm

Jareth was baffled by the scene that unfolded before his eyes. Two absolute giants in the mortal realm that were won over by the sentimental value placed on a mere object. It was astounding to him how easy it was to sway human hearts. He had his fair share of experience with the matter, but he chose his victims very carefully; he ensured that they were already in a vulnerable state and then further antagonized them to ensure that they viewed him as the only relief from a cruel and unjust world. Externally he allowed none of his emotions to show, he remembered that this was a meeting to discuss peace and although his host had not been too keen on the idea, he did not want her to appear as the only one intent on destroying such a structure.

He could still feel the cold slick of blood on his - her - arm as the wound continued to weep her lifeblood slowly onto the ground. He would need to look at it eventually, but for now she was not in any danger and the effect that it had created was far more valuable than simply bandaging it to save a few drops of blood. At worst Sayuri had shown herself to be completely unbalanced as she left the wound untended, clearly not concerned with her own personal safety. At best though, the still open wound told a different story. That she was unbothered by the damage, and that perhaps there was no damage at all, not in the way most would perceive it. Either way it suited the storyline he was crafting, of a woman who was eccentric and dangerous, both which excused any appearance he may make and also ensured that most would simply leave her be rather than tangle with what appeared to be a disturbed woman. He got to enjoy his host with no one interfering and it left no one the wiser as to her true nature. It meant she was often the subject of disapproving or pitying looks, but never too much scrutiny or inquisition. Which, unlike many of the plans his host made, was perfect.

For a brief moment Jareth considered allowing Sayuri to retake control of her faculties, though when he observed how much calmer things had become he rethought the idea. Sayuri was excellent at manipulation to be sure, but only when it came to increasing anger, violence and chaos. She was not a gentle hand when it came to delicate situations, and this situation was most certainly delicate. And the last thing he needed her to do was give an honest accounting of how the Shinobi Exchange Program between Konoha and Kiri was going already. With a smile directed towards no one in particular, Jareth would return to Sayuri’s seat and offer his thoughts on the newly revealed information about the Society.

“So the Society runs deeper than previously thought. I cannot say that I am surprised, as with most secret organizations there is often much beneath the surface. I must say I am surprised to have you reveal that information to those present here, Nozomi. Grateful also. I am undecided if discussing it further here would be beneficial or destructive, that depends on a good many things I would say. First and foremost I believe it depends on the level of trust that we all have for those within earshot. Which, since it is Nozomi that stands to lose the most from these discussions, I believe it should be her decision where it is discussed.” Jareth would recall that Sayuri had been compulsively drawing in her blood on the table and so with the tiniest of sighs he would return to her previous macabre activity. It was unpleasant for him, but he could see why she enjoyed it. “As for the exchange program, I do think that is an excellent suggestion. There is this idea I see often that by embroiling ourselves in other cultures and walks of life we are somehow making ourselves less. However I truly believe that it is quite the opposite; we can only become more by including others in our journey. And by doing so we might come that much closer to the peace that is so heavily sought after.” Internally Sayuri was laughing maniacally as she listened to the offal that was Jareth’s speech. She would never say such things, not that anyone here necessarily knew that, but she could just imagine the look on Kitsuki’s face if the angelic princess heard those words come out of the Ice Queen’s mouth. Externally Jareth was the epitome of grace and control, and although he had returned to finger painting, he was still attentive to those around him giving everyone a meaningful smile as he spoke. “I would support expanding this initiative, it would do Kiri good to have more meaningful and non-hostile interactions with all of your nations.”

The Ice Queen:
    Shin
    Shin

Village : Iwagakure

Post by Shin Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:02 pm

The current bout of information dumped on them had Shin’s mind quickly reeling. Nozomi, who has been in charge of Sunagakure no Sato mentioned they had members within their armies to a degree. Iwagakure no Sato had just liberated itself from Konohagakure’s control… the regime leading Iwa was new, the chances of the Society being present there was far more dwindling than when Konoha had ruled over their territory. The Society’s influence over Iwagakure no Sato should not be too influential… though Shin’s mind kept repeating the mention of Sunagakure being led by Nozomi. There was a possibility, now, even with Iwagakure’s new leadership that perhaps the Society’s influence remained. He would need to look into that further, especially once he returned. For now, he would let his mind continue to come to conclusions, but none that he would take as the truth until he did his own research.

“I’m of the mind to outright disagree with this ‘exchange program,’ however this is something I will need to discuss further to weigh the benefits. I, personally, do not see any benefit to allowing more people within the walls of my village. It has been far too long since we’ve had our borders remain our borders.” Shin knew, if he would accept it, any possible spies would be incinerated on the spot by himself, but it was one of the few reasons he denied the program straight away. More foreigners within his walls when the village still needed to settle. “A lot of this… conversation… is best suited for less eyes and ears.”

Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:23 pm

Nozomi nodded, basically an acknowledgment that she had received the thanks that Shimiko gave her.

"He holds no power over me. I don't receive orders from him, and only met him once, right before I was handed the Society. He's very hands off in general, and almost serves no function in the Society. My men are loyal to me, most people don't even know of him. If you don't wish to speak here further, send word to the Blood Prison when its time to convene elsewhere. It's where I'm truly stationed, and I can receive word if I'm out as well."

Thinking things over in her head for a bit, Nozomi began to ponder the strength of Hizashi and his closer circle of 'trust'. It wasn't something she'd put to thought often enough. Any of them, individually, Nozomi was sure she could take out. Nikuyo was a washed up old man, his prime having long passed. Menza was a coward, more of a scientist than a fighter. The other Kage, she didn't really know too much about. Raijin didn't know much about Hizashi either, she was sure, but he certainly would side against Nozomi, and had been growing more powerful, but she wasn't worried about the other villages being unable to beat him.

Each of them were powerful she was sure, but Nozomi was a perfect fighter in many regards. If she truly went in with intent to kill, she wouldn't lose. But Hizashi had even Honiko's respect. Was that something that she'd had for a long time and never gave up? Nozomi could understand that, she still practically worshipped Honiko, even though she had grown to equal and even surpass her. The thought that Honiko respected Hizashi because he was still more powerful than her was the other option, but Nozomi struggled to think of how that could be possible.

When it came down to it, Nozomi knew she stood at the very peak of power amongst shinobi. A mastered Sage, in the prime of her youth, perfect physical form, and the power of a Bijuu to boot. She knew the most powerful techniques of several of the villages, and had a master craft armor that could protect her from many different forms of bodily injury. Hizashi couldn't be stronger than her.

"I'm giving control of Sunagakure to Iwa. I recently acquired the Land of Birds as well, which comes with it. The Land of Rivers I'll keep my deal on. Konoha can have it. The Blood Prison will remain mine. As for the strategy, do what you will. I may even just kill Hizashi myself. None of you can get to him anyhow, he's on the Isle of Whispers last I heard."

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:22 am

The irriating Wolf Man was the Kage of getting on everyone's nerves. No sooner had she suggested discretion did he immediately contradict her. There was nothing wrong with that in of itself. This was a conference and shinobi ought feel free to speak their minds. But Shimiko's personality did not take kindly to disobedience and the fact that she had to humble herself to Nozomi for the greater good was already difficult enough. At least Nozomi was her equal and they shared a special connection in the form of Ryuko. With Tengoku on the other hand, Shimiko did not know this pup from the one that she had drowned in the lake as a child. She did not show her agitation on her face, but she did turn to him and raise an eyebrow.

The man's solilquy made little sense. He attributed god-like power to the Society and asserted that they knew everything at all times. He sounded afraid and rightfully so. They had a millenia old shinobi leading them from the shadows and a secret network of spies embedded in every military on Earth. However it was important that they not see their opponents as being all-knowing lest they lose the war before they even begin. If Joki was not ready then that had to mean there were limits to his knowledge and power. If there were limits to his knowledge and power then he was not omniscient and they should not treat him as such. If there was a chance they could conceal their intentions then they ought to at least try. Shimiko did not interrupt with this rebuttal though, she remained silent and allowed Tengoku to speak like a good diplomat. She was on a run and there was no use in ruining her streak over his inexperienced mouth.

"Sayuri", or whatever peaceful demon was piloting her body, chimed in support of his late-breaking exchange program proposal. Shimiko was not convinced that such a program could help them defeat Joki but if it soothed over tensions then perhaps there was utility in that. Shimiko knew she could count on Shin to disagree with Tengoku. If the Hokage said up, he said down. If the Hokage said left, he said right. In a Summit marred by chaos, the one true constant was the Iwa representative's disdain for all things Hidden Leaf. Shimiko was grateful for it as it provided more support for her position. When Nozomi spoke, Shimiko observed to see if there was any trace of fear or concern in her eyes or voice.

Nothing. She just told us we might have to fight ninja that were once worshipped as Gods and she looks as bored as ever. Heathen.

Shimiko's outpouring to Nozomi was genuine. She hadn't tried to deceive her with a story that wasn't true. When it worked, she didn't feel as though she had "beaten" the Nuke-Nin or tricked her into doing something she shouldn't have. Yet despite her sincereity, Shimiko still found that she loathed Nozomi. She understood what drove the woman but there was so much about her that even now, they were world's apart. This was further reinforced when Nozomi proceeded to "give" away entire nations as though they were mere trinkets. Iwa was to get Suna and Birds while Konoha was to get Rivers. Shimiko had no objection to these "gifts" from a geopolitical perspective. Iwa was weak and it could use the addtitional landmass and forces. The resurgent Stone would provide an excellent counter-weight to Konoha and Kiri. Rivers was within Konoha's sphere of influence and was a logical addition to their backyard. What Shimiko did not like was how Nozomi was playing benefactor as though she could buy the friendship of the villages. She was now their ally and Shimiko would not insult her over this, but it was clear she found the situation rather irritating. It made her want to take her down a peg or two. Shimiko ruminated that maybe a challenge for that re-match might be in the cards after all.

She was going to hold her tongue but then Nozomi arrogantly claimed that she might be able to kill the Water Disciple herself.

"Tch!" Shimiko propped her chin on her hand and her face now evidenced the same frustration she showed from when they first met. "Don't act so conceited. Are you an academy dropout? Do you not know how strong the Disciples were? How much stronger Joki might have gotten after all these years? Hands-off or not, he's not going to die so easily. Even the both of us working together likely wouldn't be enough"

Shimiko added in the last part so as not to push Nozomi away. She wanted her to understand the gravity of what her revelation meant. Nozomi didn't seem especially smart which meant that she might be underestimating the power of a man taught by the founder of Ninjutsu himself. Even by Jashin's grace, Shimiko did not beleive she could beat him by herself. Shimiko wanted to say more but then she'd only be further compromising her own suggestion. She eyed the Shogun and then his samurai.

"Hokage-sama, I'm sure you trust the people here...but I don't. The true Architect behind Nozomi's organization isn't omniscient otherwise he wouldn't need to bide his time. We should plan in secret to the extent that we are able and if he has penetrated deep enough into our respective villages to know our every move before we make them....then I suggest that everyone here start planning counter-measures and keep them here" Shimiko took her chin off her hand and pointed a finger to her head. " I'm fine with the idea of an exchange program. We can learn from each other and work as a unified front certainly, but starting from today, we need to start developing well hidden aces"

Shimiko didn't see the need to elaborate. Many ninja abilities, techniques, and strategies were well known to the shinobi world but if they were to face off against someone like Joki then perhaps it was time they went back to the drawing board and break new ground. Ground that even a 1,000 year old ninja might have missed in his centuries of planning. Shimiko turned to Nozomi in her characteristically no-nonsense expression.

"I'll leave it there. If the others wish to chatter about their intentions in the War to come then so be it but I won't have any part of it. I'll send a discreete message to the....Blood Prison...." It visibly pained Shimiko to say those words. It was as if Nozomi was mocking the world by taking up residence in a jail designed to hold kunoichi like her. "We'll coordinate from there but until then please don't do anything reckless" Shimiko wasn't about to beg but she wasn't above using polite prefacing. If she phrased it like an order then Noz would only incentivized to prove her wrong.

One side wants to overestimate them and the other wants to underestimate them. Jashin preserve us....we need a real leader to guide us through this. If only Ryu-chan were here.

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Tengoku Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:47 pm

Sayuri supporting his idea so shortly after attempting an attack on his person made Tengoku hesitate. Amber eyes shifting to her as he studied her openly. She was different now. Far too different from how she had been previously. Her entire person had changed. From the way she spoke to how she held herself. Even the way she finger painted with her blood seemed a mere imitation in comparison to how she enjoyed it before. The cold person across from him ignoring her wound still and no one sought to stop the bleeding for her. He was suspicious to say the least. This behavior was abnormal. However he wasn't smart enough to figure out it wasn't technically her. Instead he concluded that the ice princess of Kiri was actually some sort of drug addict. This was clearly the effects of a drug addled mind bent on destroying itself one moment and the next in self preservation. Either that or she was simply insane half the time. But his money was on some hard drug use. He didn't approve of her much but it was her country and he had no influence there so he would leave that be for the time being.

His eyes shifted to Shin as he spoke once more. He would frown a little at the obvious denial from the man. It seemed he held a grudge against Konoha and no matter what would do anything to keep Konoha away from Iwa for as long as he could. He had fought tooth and nail verbally against anything Tengoku had to say so far. Growing less and less polite as the meeting went on. Tengoku would simply watch for the time being as the man finished with that frown painting his features. Here was a man harboring a great deal of hate and using it while representing a nation. Tengoku had to accept that he had tried with Iwa and for the foreseeable future it was wasted effort. Iwagakure understandably had no interest in doing anything involving Konoha. With the upcoming war against the society and their ancient powers Tengoku would need to turn to the other two as allies. He would expect nothing from Iwa as he suspected that Iwa would prefer to simply watch as anyone from Konoha suffered and died instead of planning any sort of help in the slightest. They could not be allies and it was foolish to expect otherwise from them.

Nozomi would continue to make some announcements that seemed extravagant but at this point almost expected from her. Unfortunately she was simply handing over another major nation and its resources and military infrastructure to the ever spiteful Iwa. So they would roughly double in power and plausibly become the strongest of the major nations given time. It would be interesting to see how they would rule over another nation if they accepted. Would they be benevolent or would they be tyrants? Either way Tengoku expected them to turn on Konoha at the first given opportunity with Shin in charge. He would need to keep his guard up even more now. He did not hate them but he understood they did hate him and those he cared for. The land of rivers would no longer be split between Suna and Konoha however income wise so that was perhaps the first pleasant boon granted to him this entire meeting. The blood prison being her base of operations had to be intentionally Ironic though. That she placed herself there on purpose made him wonder if she wasn't always so stoic and actually had a sense of humor.

Shimiko on the other hand still seemed frustrated. She was more a warrior than a negotiator. No doubt she had gotten used to negotiating through death and this was new territory for her. However she was doing rather well. She disagreed with him however and he would smile before sitting back. Shimiko was the only person here who didn't openly hate him from the start. At least as far as Iwa, Kiri and Kumo went. Kiris representative had attempted to harm him and Iwa made it clear they hated him. Kumo had been the only one to actually negotiate mostly with good faith with him. He couldn't afford to plan a war without her present. So if she was going to step out of planning until it was more private it would behoove him to comply. Still expanding the exchange program to Kumo could provide better growth for his own people. Perhaps aside from the end of the war and Nozomi's acceptance of them with her becoming a powerful ally that was the best outcome. There were other points he had intended to touch on but with such a revelation from Nozomi having aliens register on earth seemed foolish to talk about now. So he would sit back in his seat and let out a sigh before speaking up.

"Well than...with that in mind I assume peace between us has been decided in the interest in preparing against a greater enemy than our infighting. I will have paperwork sent to Kumo for the exchange program and we can establish rules on it later. As we won't be discussing plans against these old gods here I assume our business has concluded. Unless anyone else has anything to add? I am eager to return to a warmer climate myself and will be waiting on word to join discussions at the blood prison."

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:

Current attunement -

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Sayuri
    Sayuri

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Hyoton, Fuuton, Suiton, Ninjutsu, Iryojutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kanchijutsu

Post by Sayuri Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:41 pm

Jareth continued watching as the other nations established their positions regarding peace, war and compromise. It was like a dance or a theatre play, fascinating to watch but ultimately he was not involved. He was mildly concerned about what threat the apparently immortal Water Disciple would pose to his current host, but even if he lost her there would be others. He was not interested in waging a full on war with the legendary Disciples, and even he could see that a war was now likely inevitable. Nozomi, the leader of the Society - or at least it’s face - had just spilled all the beans. And quite publicly as far as bean spilling was concerned. If this revelation did not make its way back to Joki, or whatever he was calling himself now, Jareth would be incredibly surprised. One thing he had discovered in his time spent with humans is that they had the notion of emotionlessness being a direct result of longevity was completely backwards.

The funny thing about time was that the more of it one had, the more time there was for ruminating. And the longer a thought stayed in one’s mind, the larger it became. Immortals weren’t magically above things like resentment. They had all the time in the universe to grow those small resentments into bitter blood vendettas. At least in Jareth’s case, old wounds run deep and there was no one alive that could soothe the pettiness of an immortal heart. With that in mind, Jareth spoke up one last time before finally relinquishing control back over to Sayuri. “If I were him, I would hunt you down, Nozomi. Betrayal like that is not easily forgiven, not by someone like him. I will send word to the Blood Prison, and until then I wish you good health.” Jareth felt comfortable with returning control to Sayuri, it was clear that the meeting was all but over and he felt that even if she were to suddenly decide to claw at something again, there was little damage she could do.

‘Your body is yours, my Queen.’

‘Finally. Thank you, Jareth.’

‘I beg you, my Queen. Be calm. All I desire is for you to safely leave here.’

‘I will be the epitome of diplomacy.’

‘. . .’

‘No, really. Watch.’

There was no dramatic effect as Jareth faded into the background once more, just a quick blink of her eyes and the return of a sweet smile to her pale features. The only notable action was the relieved sigh as she sunk back into her body and flexed her own fingers. She had heard everything, well mostly everything save for the bit that was drowned out by her angry screaming at first, and now she considered what the end result of this summit actually was. As far as she could tell everyone seemed in agreement regarding ‘peace’ which she assumed meant pulling troops back and not overtly killing other nations militaries. There was talk of a monument, but that had stalled out almost entirely with the appearance of NozomEi. And there was SHIRA and the Shinobi Exchange Program, as well as the gifting of major and minor nations and the threat of the Society. All told, the Summit had been fairly productive despite the high tension and bloodshed. Not that Sayuri particularly cared about any of it, but she now had to prove she was capable to two people; The King of Lies and the Angelic Princess. Sayuri wrote the points in blood on the table.

Summit Notes

No more war

Build monuments for the dead

Send a delegate to SHIRA

Exchange shinobi

Fight the Society

With a grin she would look around the table and clarify Kirigakure’s position. “So, this is peace then. Kirigakure will pull back any remaining troops to defend her own borders. As I stated earlier, we will be building a monument to those that died in the war. Whether that is privately in our own borders or as part of a joint effort will require further correspondence from other nations. I am still in agreement regarding the instatement of SHIRA, and will be sending a delegate at the first available opportunity. As far as Kirigakure is concerned, the Shinobi Exchange Program is still in effect, and we would be interested in expanding it. And finally, the Society. While it seems odd to discuss more war at a peace summit, I suppose we all have that to look forward to.” She would smile sardonically at the idea of looking forward to war. Fighting and death and bloodshed were always on her mind, and to her, it really was something to look forward to.

The Ice Queen:
    Shin
    Shin

Post by Shin Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:05 am

Control of Sunagakure no Sato was something that took Shin by shock, yet his expression remained neutral. The acquisition of the Land of Birds was an additional welcome, yet both gifts came with a slight concern for Shin. His suspicions were already arising regarding the current political infrastructure within Iwagakure no Sato. Taking on Sunagakure no Sato could be problematic… or help him solve the problems he sees arising. He’d have to play this game for however long, to see if people could be trusted. Once he was sure that Iwagakure was secure from the Society, then he could relax.

The news of Sunagakure’s control being within Iwagakure’s jurisdiction was something that Mitsukira might enjoy. Possibly. There could be some tension there, for all he knew, but Shin could not be sure. Regardless, Iwagakure was his first priority. The leadership for Sunagakure no Sato would be something the Tsuchikage would need to concern herself with - if she woke up. Else it was up to Chen and Mitsukira to administer the village as they have been doing so for Iwagakure no Sato.

“The control of Sunagakure no Sato and the Land of Birds being given to Iwagakure, while appreciated, has me a bit puzzled. Regardless, the village will be given the attention it deserves by Iwagakure’s administration. The individual currently in charge of Iwagakure no Sato’s finances is originally from the Hidden Sand. I’m sure she would be delighted in seeing her homeland prosper.” Shin would not delve further into Mitsukira’s influence over Iwagakure no Sato. While it may be similar to their situation with Konoha, it certainly was vastly different. Suna’s current Kazekage relinquished control willingly without being prompted. Shin had no desire to see the citizens of the Hidden Sand suffer like Konoha had done to Iwagakure, and he presumed Mitsukira would feel the same. Chen… he did not know how the male would react.

His eyes would glance over towards Sayuri, noting her last comment about war. “War will always be inevitable. As long as the desires for conquering and greed exist. If anything, someone will someday say something to offend someone, and the cycle will once more continue. While I do wish to end all this needless fighting, we ultimately only control our actions.” There was a true way to end the cycle of wars, but that would mean a war to end all wars. It was all just an endless cycle that would continue.

Nozomi
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Post by Nozomi Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:56 pm

Nozomi's reaction was perhaps different than anything they'd seen from her at that point. An excited grin creeped across her face, loving the prospect of fighting Hizashi. Even Shimiko was scared to fight him. For most, it would perhaps be a deterrent to say that the two of them together probably couldn't match the power of a Disciple, but Nozomi craved battle with people who were incredibly strong. Since the fight with Shimiko, she hadn't really pushed herself at all. Akihiro had blindsided her, but even with Rin and Hana, they couldn't particularly keep her down. During the Blood Prison, the defense had been a joke. The battle with Isobu didn't particularly count that much, but he basically ended the fight himself by trying to blow her up. Ken had been a joke, and the Mizukage twins were more preoccupied with Ken and themselves than her, which had proven to be a bad decision. Ei was a joke. The land of Birds was nothing. She never fought Kitsuki. Nozomi was itching for a battle, and a tingle ran through her body at the thought that Hizashi was potentially stronger than her.

"If he wants to hunt me down, he knows where to find me."

Shimiko didn't know how strong Nozomi was. None of them did. She'd never really given it her all, especially once she peaked. If the woman thought she had simply remained as strong as their last fight, she was sorely mistaken. She had mastered her Bijuu abilities, mastered her Sage abilities, mastered her physical form. The idea that anyone was stronger than her was just such an alien concept that Nozomi wanted to see it even more. Power was something for her to strive for, and if Hizashi was stronger, it would prove there was a higher level to reach.

"Ah, I spent enough time in charge of villages, I don't particularly care to spend more time on them. You'll make better use of them, and they're good enough to last on their own if you don't really want to mess with them. Iwa is the best neighbor to choose to give them to, I figured they could best utilize the resources present to... prepare."

Standing up, Nozomi began reflecting back on this decision. She didn't regret it, she never really regretted anything. Honiko would forgive her, but this was necessary.

"I suppose I should prepare my people for combat."

With that, Nozomi exited the room. She wasn't really one to stick around for goodbyes. This had already been the most she'd talked in a while anyhow. She and Isobu had some training to get to.

===
    -Exit

Post by Shin Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:51 am

Shin’s eyes would wander the room, before ultimately landing on the one individual that would likely present the most backlash to Iwagakure no Sato being in control of Kaze no Kuni and Tori no Kuni. Tengoku would be the one to present the most issues with the scenario that Nozomi had thrust upon Shin’s shoulders. He would address Nozomi’s words while his attention would be focused upon the Hokage. “Iwagakure no Sato will accept control over the Land of Birds and Kaze no Kuni.” His words were final, even if there was opposition. He doubted any would come from Shimiko, having at least presumed she was fine with Iwagakure’s current situation. Sayuri, while a mystery, had not opposed him whatsoever so far. It would be easy enough to assume her tone would continue; even with the major revelation of a major nation’s control being controlled by another, albeit willingly compared to the Konoha-Iwa situation. “I’ll be sure to pass along word of the future meeting. Whether it will be me or another representative will remain to be seen. Hopefully, the Tsuchikage will be well enough by then.” Shin’s eyes would land at each individual at the table, before giving a final nod and standing up from his spot.

“If there are no further concerns, I shall be taking my leave to Iwagakure no Sato and then addressing the situation regarding Kaze no Kuni and Tori no Kuni.” With the last of his words escaping him, Shin would make his way towards the exit; no intention of stopping by the armory to pick up equipment - he had brought none with him. Shin had to prepare himself, not only for a potential battle outside the village but perhaps one within the village. He felt like he’d been here for ages, yet it was only a matter of hours; it was time he returned to Tsuchi no Kuni.

[exit thread; returning to Iwagakure]

Sayuri

Character File

Post by Sayuri Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:22 pm

Sayuri was surprised when Shin addressed her directly, and was even more surprised when the words that followed were of the inevitability of war. The Yuki Princess would stare at the Iwagakure representative as he spoke, giving him a knowing smile as she thought she understood what he was saying. What she assumed the man was saying was that he saw war as a good thing, and that the ‘controlling of his own actions’ would be to continue war. She had drawn this conclusion while observing his replies to everything that had been directed to him during the summit.

Sayuri was not surprised to see Nozomi take her leave, no matter how anyone felt about anyone else present at the Summit, it was clear that the most antagonistic presence was Nozomi’s. Sayuri would have enjoyed seeing a fight of some kind, but that was not to be it seemed. As Shin left the room after Nozomi, Sayuri would sigh and rise from her seat, addressing the three remaining people in the room besides her. “This has been fun. Thank you Kensai for hosting and of course for providing me the opportunity to see inside my arm. I will have something fond to remember about my time here. Details regarding SHIRA, monuments and exchange programs will be sent to everyone, and in the meantime. . .” She would pause dramatically and smile broadly. “Perhaps we will all see each other again in the war against the Society.” Before she turned to leave, she would lean down slightly and murmur into Shimiko’s ear, words only she could hear. “Before I return, meet me outside the gates, Shimiko-sama?” She hoped the blonde woman would acquiesce to her request, but without further delay she made her way out of the room and back into the glorious cold - headed back towards Kirigakure.

[Exit Thread - Travelling to Kirigakure (No travel time due to Summit rules)]

The Ice Queen:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:21 pm

When Shimiko had arrived at the Summit, she had expected for there to be surprises. She was an elite shinobi and she knew that things rarely went according to plan. But between Nozomi's bombshell revelation about the true agenda of the Society and her decision to defect from them, Shimiko wasn't sure she was in the same universe as she had been when she arrived in Tetsumura. Even more shocking than all of this was the fact that Nozomi was getting up to leave and Shimiko wasn't leaping out of her seat to murder her. She relishes the challenge...she thinks the only worthy opponent are the Disciples! I could show her....I could show her how much stronger I've gotten. I could beat her! Shimiko was struck with a sudden urge to block the woman's path. Even if it meant throwing away all the progress she had made thus far, a part of her wanted a re-match. She said nothing as Nozomi walked out.

It wouldn't work. It wouldn't just be a "spar" or a "test" or whatever I came up with to justify it. It would be much more than that. I wouldn't stop until either she or I were dead.

By this time, Shimiko knew herself. She was a worse battle junkie than Nozomi. For even Nozomi had enough self-control and discipline to avoid murdering the innocent. This Jashinist had little compunction and the only restraints on her soul were those put there by her friends and family. She reached out into the Void for permission to lose herself in blood and strangely received none. This was a first. The Necrossiah was the bloodiest savior in all of spirituality and yet he did not push her. It was doubly concerning given he had to know that she had her own intentions of stepping away from the shinobi life altogether. She assumed he'd want her to try her hand at one last contest of blood-sport, but she received no signal whatsoever. By the time she recovered from her surprise, Nozomi was already gone and the others were leaving. She nodded absently in response to Tengoku's words. The Summit was over. Peace had been achieved. Alliances (some rather unlikely) had been forged. She steepled her hands and made a single reply to the Hokage "Very well. I look forward to working with you Tengoku-san."

Shimiko was so focused on her own thoughts, she didn't even realize that Sayuri had come to. The Ice Princess gave a brilliant summary of the meeting. It read like a list of accomplishments and while she had a right to be proud of how she had steered  them towards peace, it left a few nagging questions in the back of her mind. Shimiko blinked as she heard a request whispered into her ear. The younger and more carnal version of herself wanted a meeting outside the gates. This was fortuitous as Shimiko had intended on catching up with her later anyways. There was some wisdom she wanted to impart to her. Wisdom that had saved her life and might still save Sayuri's. From what little she could gather, the young woman was losing herself to something. A power perhaps not as ancient and sinister as Jashin, but more grounded in the corporeal and with a greater prerogative for influencing the world directly. A combination that might rob Sayuri of any meaningful chance at reform or redemption. Shimiko nodded once and gave Sayuri a smirk, but it was obvious her thoughts were elsewhere. She would wait for Tengoku to leave thereby ensuring she was the last one out. But rather than get up after him, she stayed put.

Now it was just her and Kensai sitting at the table in silence. Shimiko did not move a muscle and she ignored the man's presence altogether. He was the perfect Kage Summit host. He had brought them together on neutral territory, introduced them, intervened when things got violent and then sat silently whilst they worked out their problems amongst themselves. The samurai's stoic silence was not indicative of sickness but rather practiced discipline. The same traits that made him an excellent host made him the ideal companion for self-reflection. The man's presence was oddly comforting. The samurai would not dare escort her out even well after the Summit was over. Aside from the fact that they valued their lives, Kensai was still present and since he had given no orders for removal, she was allowed to remain. And so she did. Shimiko spent close to an hour sitting at the cold table thinking about her future, her religion, the upcoming war and above all else, about her children.

She thought back to Mora and what she had been willing to do to keep her adopted twins safe. She thought about the Moonspire Three, about their fate and what it meant for her involvement in the War against the Disciples. She thought about Nozomi and Ryuko, more specifically about the love they had for each other. The fact that Ryuko was no longer among them was one of the reasons she didn't think Nozomi would listen. Shimiko figured that with the Queen's disappearance their bond might never be consumated, but the possibility was always there. A possibility that Nozomi believes is worth fighting and dying for. What am I willing to fight for? What am I willing to die for? What does it mean to be a nurturer and a murderer in this world? This level of contemplation and introspection was new for her. When she wasn't praying to Jashin, she was killing, and when she wasn't killing, she was planning on how to go about killing. Shimiko had confronted her past with Ryuko by her side but sitting at the cold conference table in Tetsumura, she confronted her future alone.

She hadn't fully made a decision yet, but she was closer to one now than when she had arrived. Another notch in her belt. Shimiko prayed a prayer of forgiveness and devotion to Jashin. She didn't thank her host verbally, only offering him a solemn bow, before exiting the premises.

[Exit to Gates -> Kumo]

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:00 pm

Tengoku would listen to them all go over what their finishing statements were until all but Shimiko exited the room. He would finally let out a sigh and let his shoulders slump before his head rested back against the top of his chair. His white hair.would spill around the chair behind him. His wolf ears finally flattening as he felt drained from all of it. Peace had been established without any payouts from Konoha and all in all they had managed to get out roughly unscathed. Still it was clear to him that all the other nations held mostly spite in their hearts for Konoha now. It would be hard to be a shining beacon of hope when the world hated you. Especially Iwagakure. With Sunagakure added to their resources they would be a powerful nation once again. If Iwa ever decided to take revenge...it would likely be in the form of betrayal in the next war. A war against an ancient enemy that even Shimiko was concerned about. Konoha would be weakened as it would be unable to rely on the other nations for support if needed. Kirigakure included as their representative was a mad woman who had attempted to attack him.

His amber eyes would open as he would glance towards Shimiko and then Kensai. Both of them were different types of warriors with their own codes. Surprisingly Shimiko was the closest thing he had to an ally here but even that he wouldn't consider a win. Time would tell with them and the exchange program. She was strong and he wanted to test himself against her but he could predict the result easily enough. He had missed what Sayuri whispered as he had been consumed by his own thoughts but hopefully it didn't regard him anyway. Kensai on the other hand had remained silent and though there was the smell of blood still in the air no one had actually died. He was stoic and honorable. Hopefully at least the samurai could be relied upon to keep Nozomis defection within their ranks. If the new enemy discovered any of this...the blood prison would be a trap. Which he wasn't sure that wasn't the case anyway. His mind was full of doubt but after only about a minute in silence he would rise up and collect himself. He would nod his head first to Shimiko and then their host in respect before leaving the room.

With a lot heavy on his mind Tengoku would collect his equipment and turn away from the mountain road. He had the ability to get down the mountain faster simply leaping off the side. With his endurance and strength as well as his perception he quickly avoided the main road and made a straight line back to Konoha. He did not trust Shin or Sayuri not to be waiting in ambush for him. Or Nozomi for that matter. Seeing as he wasn't looking to see who was stronger today he simply left the quickest and easiest route available to him. Fading from view down the mountain as he returned hom. Returned to prepare and consider who he trusted to share this information with.

Exit thread Travel to Konoha
    14 posts at 40 exp a post = 560 exp

Stats:

Current attunement -

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:33 pm