Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Delayed Detonation

Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File
    Skills & Elements: All
    Class: X
    Ryo: All of It

Delayed Detonation  Empty Delayed Detonation

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Wed May 26, 2021 3:13 am

Chen didn't know why he still visited Masaru. The man wasn't likely to wake up anytime soon, if at all. He considered it a display of weakness to hold out hope for so long, but something kept calling him back to the hospital. Maybe it was his "Father" telling him to put his former sensei to rest permanently. It'd be a mercy.....an act of respect. The Founder of the New Iwagakure should not be kept in such a state...better to put him out of his misery. Chen had ignored the suggestion for quite some time. The thought was his own yet it had a foreign character to it. He was certain he knew the point of origination but he didn't like to spend time thinking about it. He had enough problems as it were.

For perhaps the sixteenth time, the chuunin walked out of Masaru's room without giving into his primal instincts. He took one look back at the peacefully resting Masaru and he sighed. It felt good to be his own man and not have to wait on the former Tsuchikage, but part of him missed the guidance. There was a sense of security in knowing that if he failed there was someone there to catch him. Someone he could trust. It was a new feeling and before he had a chance to explore it, it was ripped away from him. Hmph! Chen practically stomped through the hospital as he headed towards the exit. The thought of missing dependency disgusted him. He'd bury those feelings deep where no one could find them and then he'd smother them with the blood of the criminal scum that still clung to the nation. The nurses, doctors, and assorted hospital staff gave him a wide berth as he strode down the hallway, his black cloak fluttering as he moved.

Chen was about to round the corner and make his way out when he realized something. This was the VIP wing. This meant that it wasn't just Masaru who was housed here. Yui and Rin would be here as well. Both shinobi had fallen to the plague recently leaving the village without formal leadership. Chen had never visited either of them since they were admitted. Masaru had been his sensei and a man whom he'd come to respect. He didn't hold Yui and Rin in the same regard. They were both strong warriors but that alone could not compel him to wish them well. If anything, Yui's recovery might prove troublesome given her alter ego. Then again, it could be an improvement concerning how dysfunctional Chen and Mitsu were as dual leaders.

.....It wouldn't hurt to at least monitor their progress. Knowledge is power.....

Chen decided that he'd pay Yui a visit. She was the Tsuchikage and for better or worse her waking up would have profound implications for the country. If her condition was improving he needed to know. Chen navigated to her room and given his status as one of the two leading figures in the village, he was permitted entrance. He walked in slowly to find a young woman with blonde hair and a beautiful visage sleeping on a hospital bed. The room was spacious and filled with state of the art medical equipment. Iwagakure was not a rich country but it spared no expense when it came to the health of their leaders. Chen was like a dark tall shadow looming over her. He was wearing a jet black uniform with a cloak covering most of his form. His long black hair draped down to his shoulders and he lifted his hand and placed it on the bed's guardrail. When he visited Masaru, he rarely spoke but with Yui he felt obligated to say something.

"We can't go on like this Yui-sama. Iwagakure is in a precarious state and without proper leadership, we are vulnerable to the same forces that reduced this country to second-rate status. With you, Masaru, and Rin in a coma we were forced to send a mere chuunin to represent us at the Kage Summit."

Chen gripped the rail tighter and his face became red with anger. The pain and humiliation Iwa could face in the coming years was enough to make him want to slap her. Instead, he knelt down next to her bed and whispered.

"I have little patience for useless things. The last time I saw you, you showed a split personality and with this....plague....I don't think you have the strength to lead us anymore. If you don't get better, I'm pulling the plug. No more life support." he threatened. Chen ordinarily would never have dared speak this way to Yui. The Kotoshura's temper was legendary and her power destructive. Maybe it was desperation. Maybe he was seeking the same guidance he knew he would never get from Masaru. Maybe he was holding out hope that he would provoke Yui's explosive temper enough to get her to wake up. Maybe he just wanted help.

"You're a one-woman warhead. If you cannot overcome this illness now then you never will. Enough is enough. You need to wake up. Wake up!" he commanded. There was a sense of urgency in his tone. Chen was barely holding it together. He could not run Iwa alone and he certainly couldn't run it alongside Mitsukira. He'd either cut his losses and leave, kill her, or destroy the village. Chen wasn't entirely opposed to any of those approaches but he knew that none of them were ideal.

This is my lair now...and I will defend it at all costs...even if it means turning to pure chaos for help.

Stamina: A
    Speed: D
    Coordination: D
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: S
    Kotoshura Yui
    Kotoshura Yui

Delayed Detonation  Empty Re: Delayed Detonation

Post by Kotoshura Yui Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:32 pm

For months Yui and her sister's spirit battled for control of the body, eventually however with Rins seeming disappearance Yui's willpower lowly faded and after a very long while her sister had finally gained control with Yui locking herself away tight inside her brain. She could only smile, the battle took far too long but she was happy now, she could finally gain control of this body and get the hell out of this cursed village and responsibility she didn't desire.

She could hear a nagging voice in her head, as she focused she realized it was Chen, threatening her as her eyes would slowly open and an expression of anger filled her face. Her hair suddenly becoming golden and glowing in color she would sit up and look at him as she tore the tubes out of her body.

"Oh, is that so you were going to pull the plug on me, you are deeply mistaken if you think I will let you take my host's body away from me. Yui is sleeping and I don't think she plans to return. So your savior of your village or the one you put the weight of the world on her shoulders decided she had enough of this life. You can call me ID for now, I don't feel you are worthy to know my true name, now I heard your rumblings about Rin you will show me where he is right now or you will not like what happens next. If you think I am weakened you are sadly mistaken, I won't hesitate as Yui did."

She would stand up with her entire demeanor being nothing he had seen before even the slight glimpse he had seen never fully showed herself. The raw killing intent and hatred he would feel from her would likely send chills down his spine.

"You know Yui was always scared of you, personally I like your conniving and weasel-like nature there is nothing wrong with doing whatever is needed to put you in the best position for power. I admire you for that and find you to be actually quite like myself striving for power and the end of this stupid make-believe happy world, we need to tear it all down and bring the nations to their knees."

Stone Special Jounin
    Stone Special Jounin

Post by Tadara Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:12 pm

Tadara had been doing his rounds. His most recent surgery had been a success. Reattaching a hand was simple enough. Still his demeanor was as cold and distant as ever. The nurses had long since learned to simply have his charts ready and be prepared to answer inquiries. However small talk had never gotten through to him. Some of them thought he was rude and full of himself as he outright ignored questions like "How was your day?" or "Can I get you anything?". All pointless questions in his eyes not deserving of a response. If he needed something he would acquire it himself or he would send someone for it if he was simply too busy. Mostly just coffee. Honey he could add himself of course. Still he was reviewing the chart and marking certain notes here and there about the surgery. Tadara still smelled of the antibacteria soap they used for cleaning up before the surgery and after. Still he would turn the chart in as soon as he was finished before a single bee would fly through the halls and appear in front of him. Drawing his black gaze to it before it landed on his ear and buzzed a little before sinking back into his collar.

"Is that so?"

Tadara would mumble as if speaking to himself. He would turn and begin walking briskly back the direction the bee had come from. A simple watcher over any of his patients since they assigned those afflicted by the deep sleep to him. He kept them healthy but there didn't seem to be a direct causation to either their falling asleep or their awakening. It would require further study and blood work. Today Tadara was wearing black dress shoes and slacks with a white button up shirt untucked and a lab coat on over it. His glasses pushed up his nose to preserve his eyes while reading. Those black eyes appeared empty of emotion as did his expression. Tadara would open the curtain to his patients room as he collected her chart. Kotoshura Yui. A VIP patient that by all appearances was no longer afflicted. Still his eyes would scan her over a moment as she stood there with all the tubes roughly torn out of herself and left leaking on her bed. He heard her words and would sigh a moment before walking up to the two of them. Unconcerned with being between two walking nukes or leaders of his village.

"Honestly it does little good to apply medical practice to you shinobi. Before we even complete any true healing you all reverse it out as quickly as you can. In this particular case tearing out the medical equipment from your body despite your healthy appearance could lead to difficulties. Regardless of who is in charge of your body in this moment I suggest allowing me to examine you. Give you a clean bill of health so the two of you can threaten each other outside of my hospital. That goes for you as well Mr. Kimyōnakama. I will not have you causing emotional distress to my patients. You may run the village but if you intend to start something here it will endanger my other patients and that will not be a suitable outcome. Now. Ms. Kotoshura. Take a seat at least if you must continue your conversation now and I will proceed to make sure your body has a clean bill of health or inform you of any irregularities. Other than your advanced MPD of course. An interesting defense mechanism but not uncommon with trauma."

Experience:
    • Total: -4165
    • Spendable:  665

Ryo:
    • 2,520,500 total ryo

Equipment

Techniques

Skills:
    • Chemistry
    • Iryojutsu
    • Genjutsu
    • Sealing

Element(s):
    • - Honey/Wax

Stats
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (+ from lifestyle) (+ from chakra armor)
    • Speed: B
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: S
    • Perception: B

(21/21 Stat Raises)
    Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:29 am

Chen was about to walk away from Yui in disgust if he had been given a chance. He was talking to a corpse and it was about time he started treating her like the invalid she was. He was going to tell the doctor to pull the plug when he saw Yui's eyes open suddenly. The speed and suddenness of her reaction to his words didn't give him time to process what was happening.

Yui was awake. She had heard him.

He stumbled backwards and she began ripping the tubes out of her body, berating him all the while. Chen tried to stop his legs but he kept moving until he was a solid 6 feet from Yui's bedside. She heard everything....FUCK she heard everything...... However as "Yui" spoke it became clear that the "she" in question was not whom he expected. The same malevolent personality that had taken over her mind in the throne room was now speaking to him. The Yui that the world knew was now gone. He felt no attachment to her as he only knew her by reputation. Unfortunately, this new individual appeared to lack whatever sense of mercy the Kotoshura once harbored. This "Id" knew that Rin was housed in the same hospital and Chen how had no choice but to tell her exactly where he was. If Id could control Yui's body then that meant she had more than enough firepower to crush him like a flea. When she got out of herr bed, he backed even further. Chen was now metaphorically and literally backed up against the wall. The fear he had tried to hide was slowly showing. He said nothing and swallowed as Id called him out on his name.

She used words like "conniving" and weasel." If he was stronger, he'd have fought back. Either with his words or his fists but he knew it was futile. She could blow him to bits and no one would dare prosecute her. He was a disliked outworlder whereas she was a war hero. Chen wasn't sure what to make of Yui supposedly being afraid of him. He wasn't sure what he had done that could prompt such a fear. Perhaps, it was the fact that unlike Mitsukira, he actually had an inkling on how to wield power and Yui was too reckless to do so effectively. It made him a different sort of dangerous. Regardless, it was Id speaking now and if he didn't oblige her then he might soon find himself heading wherever Masaru-sensei was.

Before he could spill the beans though, the doctor would enter the room. The man had white hair and appeared rather unassuming. He looked unsurprised to see Yui's body standing upright. Chen immediately backed off against the wall and fixed his face. It was one thing to be afraid of Id, it was another to be the only one afraid of her. Perhaps, this was all expected. Either a trap of some kind to throw him out of power or she had been steadily improving and the medical establishment had kept it to themselves. Chen crossed his arms and glared at Tadara in anticipation of an explanation. Instead, the doctor lectured Id about ripping out her tubes. When he critized Chen, the boy grunted in annoyance. He wanted to do a thorough medical examination on her. He had diagnosed her with MPD which Chen took to mean Multiple-Personality Disorder. It fit the bill but it didn't illuminate much about the situation. Chen would have boxed Tadara for speaking to him in such an insolent tone but given their guest, he decided to play it cool. He saw no need to respond to Id's query now that the doctor was here and giving him a distraction to work with.

He was more interested in how Yui would react and so he simply say nothing for the time being.

Kotoshura Yui
    Kotoshura Yui

Post by Kotoshura Yui Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:35 pm

Yui would listen to the doctor's words as she laughed, she would stand uncovering her body full of scars. the giant scar across her chest. She was fine, no she was leaving this shinobi world, Rin, and she had given everything to this world and did nothing but suffer. Why should they give any more than they have, sure she wanted Menza dead but it was the one thing she could not obtain, and she was tired of pursuing that loser? She was done with it all as she began to put on her clothes choosing to ignore the doctor, she asked where Rin was but she could already tell where he was.

"I was asking to test how stupid you would be, Chen has not changed, he knows his place, on the other hand, doctor if you make a single demand toward me again I will turn you into nothing with a flick of my finger."

She finished putting her gear on and began to walk out of the door of the room, if anyone tried to stop her it would be the end of them. She made her way to Rins room and grabbed him into her arms. She would smile as she made her way outside before lightly placing Rin down before she would suddenly summon her massive clay dragon.

"Well, I am off to grab my daughter and leave this village, do not think about daring to come after me. I did so much for this village to protect it, I think I served my duties. Oh one more thing I have no need for this shinobi world's money, Chen take this. Let me call this make sure no one pursues me money, if anyone comes after me Chen; you and this village will be gone."

She would toss Chen a very heavy bag of coins, it was a ton of money, if he was smart he would accept and make damn sure no one dared come after her. If they did hell would have no fury like a woman protecting her family. She would fly off into the air as she would retrieve her daughter and leave behind the shinobi world forever, where she was headed only Rin would know. The land they once sought as their own nation would be their home forever.

OOC: Gave Chen 700k Ryo

-Exit Thread-

Character File

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:31 pm

Chen watched as Yui ignored the doctor and began getting dressed. It was more or less what he would have done in her shoes. Who was he to give orders to someone as powerful as her? Yui warned that if Tadara continued he'd be turned to ash. It wasn't something that Chen minded seeing. He looked at the doctor then back at Yui who praised him for "knowing his place." The phrase was dripping with condescenion but Chen did his best not to show any emotion. Best not to antagonize her further....

Chen did not interfere as Yui snacthed Rin out of his bed and summoned a clan dragon. Assuming Yui did not care, the act would do significant damage to the hospital. Chen did not react and only watched as Yui renounced the shinobi world. When she threatened to destroy him and his village should they pursue her, he merely nodded indicating both acceptance and comperehension. He had wanted her help in governing Iwa but it was clear she had no intention of giving it. He'd catch the cash bribe and nearly fall over given its weight.

Chen set the bag aside and watched as Yui took off, presumably destroying a part of the hospital as she did. He stared at her dragon as it became a speck in the distance. After a few seconds of contemplation, he turned to Tadara and narrowed his eyes. They were now back at square one, maybe even worse once it became known that the village hero had essentially revoked her own citizenship. Chen was frustrated that he was powerless to stop her or even attempt to persuade her not to leave them. The frustration turned to anger and that's when he decided he needed an outlet. He walked directly in front of the doctor who commanded him earlier.

"You won't have me what?" he asked in a tone filled with accusation. There was a moment of reconition in his eyes as he realized he had seen this person's picture before. "I know you. You're one of Mitsukira's runts are you not?"

Tadara
    Tadara
    Stone Special Jounin
    Stone Special Jounin

Post by Tadara Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:24 pm

Tadara would raise an eyebrow as the woman would make some outrageous threats. She was certainly sure of herself and Chen certainly seemed afraid of her. Prudency would suggest he be as well. However should she intend Tadara harm there was little he could do about it. Nor did he have a desire to foolishly fight a losing battle. He was aware of a generalization of her power. Though he would watch the destruction to his hospital and sigh as people began to panic. There were emergency services quickly being brought in to deal with any injuries and patients to be moved to a different wing now to keep them safe from possibly unstable structure to this wing of the hospital now. His black eyes would watch the bribe tossed to Chen and the threats about anyone pursuing her. So she intended to destroy an entire nation for her own peace. Well that was certainly a great deal to consider. Still his black eyes would settle on Chen a moment and the bribe. Well at least she left something to repair the damages she just caused. If she cared nothing for the mass panic in an already unstable part of the world.

However Chen would turn on him quickly almost the moment she was gone. Marching up right in front of him and angrily asking a highly rhetorical question. A bee would emerge from Tadaras collar and buzz up to his ear. Fluttering there like an earing and buzzing to warn Tadara of the danger he was currently in. Tadara was no close quarters combatant and Chen was known for his impressive fire techniques. A natural weakness to Tadaras clan. However given where they were and the repairs already in place Tadara concluded that the man wouldn't risk burning down the entire hospital. Dark eyes coldly met Chens own as Tadara would calmly assess the situation. Studying the man and predicting the outcome to this encounter to turn to violence quickly. The bee warning him in his ear only furthering that social expectation. He may not be willing to burn down the hospital but he was far more likely to resort to violence. So Tadara would reply to him calmly and ignore the first part as it was again...rhetorical.

"You appear to be suffering from intermittent explosive disorder. Its a less common mental disorder in around seven percent of the population. Flying into a rage that is unwarranted is an example of the symptoms. Yes you did just lose a powerful asset that threatened the whole country. However this is a hospital and I am staffing it. It is neither the time nor the place to unleash your temper on those around you over something outside of your control. As for Mitsukiras runt. I am neither small for my age and gender nor an animal so I deduce you simply find me to be weak. However as for that woman I have no obligation to her as a master outside of being assigned to her squad. She herself suffers from delusions that at impossibly optimistic and in my opinion is hardly suited for leadership. Blind optimism gets soldiers killed."

Observing Chen for Precog 1 post

Experience:

Ryo:
    • 2,520,500 total ryo

Equipment

Techniques

Skills:
    • Chemistry
    • Iryojutsu
    • Genjutsu
    • Sealing

Element(s):
    • - Honey/Wax

Stats

(21/21 Stat Raises)
    Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:37 pm

If there was one thing that the two shinobi had in common, it was that they both appreciated the value of a good poker face. Tadara might have actually been Chen's superior in this scenario as while Chen showed signs of fear, Tadara was totally unmoved by Yui's display of raw power. It was as if he truly didn't care whether he lived or died. The doctor's posturing both impressed and infuriated Chen. It impressed him because it showed control over his emotions, or even better, a lack of emotions altogether. A skill that he didn't think any of Mitsukira's students would possess. It infuriated him because Tadara was doing it better than he could. The man wasn't stupid if he was attending to Yui which meant he knew that he logically should be concerned for his safety and yet he was behaving more in control than Chen was.

When conflicted on how he should feel over any given scenario, Chen opted for anger. Rather than cower in the face of rhetorical question, Tadara responded with analysis. He diagnosed Chen with intermittent explosive disorder and then began counseling him. The doctor's presumptuousness made Chen see red. This combined with his squad affiliation was enough for Chen to retaliate. He sized up Tadara, decided that the genin was scrawny enough to beat with his bare hands and moved to grab the psycho-analyst's collar. If successful, he'd draw back his fist regardless of whether Tadara kept speaking or not. If Tadara did continue on, Chen would stop before hitting him.

It sounded like the good doctor disliked Mitsukira. Perhaps not as much as he did but enough to give him pause. Chen would then release his potential grip on Tadara's collar. "Indeed" he said. He was aware that Tadara could be saying all of this just to calm Chen down, but that only meant he was as rationale and calculating as he seemed. A true master of psychological warfare. Any squad leader would be lucky to have someone so mentally astute on their squad. Like Shin, Chen knew the physician's talents would be wasted with Mitsu. "I share your concerns....this leads me to my next question and this is one that you better answer. What do you want?"

It was vague and broad, but he should be smart enough to know what Chen was really asking. How could he be bribed?

Tadara
    Tadara
    Stone Special Jounin
    Stone Special Jounin

Post by Tadara Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:50 am

Tadara would watch the man as he grabbed his collar. He was by the approximation of his height and weight as well as his quickness to physical combat a stronger physical fighter than Tadara. The grip on his collar was strong too. It would be difficult to be engaged at this range. If that were the intention which by all means it was. Even as he drew back his fist Tadara was preparing counter measures. He wasn't certain he could move in time but the goal was simple. Avoid the first blow and use the close distance to fill the mans sleeves with bees. However he also quickly noted the sudden stop in hostile actions. Directly after his comment about his current squad leader. Tadara wasn't one to work on faith but facts. All details were important to him as it offered more accurate calculations. Still Chen would release his collar and Tadara would lift his hands to adjust it back to normal. Perfectly pressed and orderly as was the rest of his outfit. There was a great deal of ruckus being dealt with today. It was exhausting to say the least. Still Tadara wouldn't let it bother him for long. He had purpose here after all.

Still the now calmed down Chen would ask him a rather interesting Inquiry. A single white eyebrow would raise before Tadara would repeat a simple word of the question. He knew he was likely to irritate the man again but he didn't particularly care. If he were to sustain injury he was in the best location in the village to receive immediate medical attention. "Want?" He would state quietly before glancing to the destruction as if bored before looking back to Chen. The man was angry but perhaps that was over losing such a valuable military asset. "Want is not something I bother with. It is simply another word for excusing greed. Greed itself is the downfall in civilization. The want for more driving for war and selfish desires. However there is a need. Each individual has a value. If your value is too low you lower the value of the civilization around you. If you have a high value society benefits from you. Increases in knowledge and skill increase ones value. Society as a whole only thrives if there is more value than not in its people. Thus I need to increase my knowledge and skills to increase the value of Iwagakure. Since there are those who have little to no value allowed to remain here I must increase my own exponentially."

Experience:

Ryo:
    • 2,520,500 total ryo

Equipment

Techniques

Skills:
    • Chemistry
    • Iryojutsu
    • Genjutsu
    • Sealing

Element(s):
    • - Honey/Wax

Stats

(21/21 Stat Raises)
    Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Tadara's pretentious response to his blunt question was making him re-consider mercy. Chen listened as his enemy's student waxed poetically on the subject. He claimed to not have any desires which was impossible as far as Chen was concerned. The young leader was growing irritated with the doctor's musing, but just before he could communicate his displeasure, the truth came out. Chen found himself agreeing with Tadara's perspective on the uselessness of the national demos. it sounded like Tadara's remedy to this was to increase his own skills which rested primarily on his intellect and medical knowledge. It was a long-winded way of saying he wanted to be smarter and more capable in his chosen field. He had camouflaged his desire with talk of "need" but Chen was smart enough to see beyond that. This ninja was as ambitious and hungry as he was, he just had trouble admitting it to himself. There was a pathetic element to this line of reasoning, but there was also a tactical one. If people thought you acted in the best interests of the nation rather than your own petty wants then they were more likely to respect you. And as cowardly as it seemed to Chen, it was leagues better than actually drinking the kool-aid and believing the egalitarian drivel that poured out of Mitsu's mouth.

Chen didn't know much of anything about medicine. He did know that one way to increase one's knowledge was to grant them access to forbidden and exclusive techniques. Chen had only a few in his possession but he could promise Tadara more under the right circumstances. He replied in an even tone, his eyes no longer containing the anger that was previously shown.

"You want knowledge and power. I can give you those things....but under one condition." Chen's eyes shifted from their regular black color to that of the Rinnegan. He was outing himself twice over as an Ōtsutsuki but he needed this shinobi to know that he was serious. He had much to offer this doctor and his lineage was proof of that. "Stop wasting your time with Mitsukira. Leave her squad and join me instead. You said it yourself, she's a delusional optimist ill-suited for leadership. Collaborate with me and I'll make you into the scientist that Iwagakure needs you to be"

Chen could speak this man's language. He was a Machiavellian as was his fellow squadmate. Between Shin and Tadara, Chen was beginning to wonder whether Mitsu's squad was using her. If that was true, then perhaps the best revenge of all was not to force her to cut them off but to expose the reality of that relationship.

Tadara
    Tadara
    Stone Special Jounin
    Stone Special Jounin

Post by Tadara Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:35 pm

Tadara would watch with a cold blank gaze. Those black eyes revealing nothing of thought or reaction more than to shift and absorb the vision of each revolving part. Altogether he seemed relatively unconcerned with the display of violence. Yet there was a shift after the patient had manhandled him. A subtle shift of the lips downward. Despite his outer appearance of indifference there was much at work behind those empty eyes. There was thought manifesting there so quickly he may as well hold an entire meeting of the mind. Which for him in that moment he had. There was a cacophony of voices echoing within his mind. Discussing the moment. The consensus had been that it was in the Tadara electives best course of action not to attempt to slay this man. Hands on him or no they would not fire first. There was simply too much to be gained by not responding. That was unless they dared draw his blood. His mortality was the primary aspect that made it so all gathered value would diminish over time. Until he found a way to not lose value or have a mortal body, he would remain quiet and respond with lethal force as needed to preserve that quiet survival.

Still the young man across from him seemed to understand something. Drawing Tadara from his own inner council in his mind to the matter at hand. Choosing a singular voice in his mind once more. Different perspectives suited him fine for moments that may require violence but for life altering decisions. A tense flex of the fingers simply from the anxiety of an oncoming attack would relax. Subtle but his muscles would visibly remark him as ever so slightly more relaxed at that moment. No smile or frown at the proposition. There was something to be gained and something to be lost. He measured it from a purely beneficial standpoint both long term and short term. On one hand some if not all of his current master Mitsukiras energy would go to attempting to change him. To mold him away from a purely logical standpoint. Of course he would resist this and much of his energy would be wasted as well. However long term she would die before allowing his life to perish.

On the other hand this one before him was of equal office it seemed. Chen was a motivated man even if it was for his own scorn and pleasure. Often hand in hand for him since his ways only seemed to benefit him. He would be more direct with less red tape. More lenient with whatever level of humanity Tadara deemed convenient. Allowing Tadara to grow at a pace he set. It was tempting short term. However the long term had a high probability of Tadaras vessel being damaged or killed. Chen would do nothing to protect him and may well be what will attempt to kill Tadara.

The two options were not fully appealing to Tadara so he would tilt his head. Spending about five seconds in thought. Long term for Chen could be avoided and observed. He would have to simply separate himself from the man when he burned. As most men with this much conviction did. Surely Chen would think himself more clever anyway. They would see in time. Besides that he held no loyalty to any one person. Nor would he for Chen if another choice with greater promise came along. Such a morale compass was limiting. So he would finally straighten his shirt as he idly brushed it a couple of times.

"There are no laws for squad transfering that deter this. It is a straightforward and simple task. I will have the paperwork faxed over this evening. You have the resources and access I will need. I will consider this a trial period to see how much I experience an evolution to my own worth. You too will be measured by this."

Experience:

Ryo:
    • 2,520,500 total ryo

Equipment

Techniques

Skills:
    • Chemistry
    • Iryojutsu
    • Genjutsu
    • Sealing

Element(s):
    • - Honey/Wax

Stats

(21/21 Stat Raises)
    Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:22 am

He was thinking. It didn't take a genius to tell that Tadara was working over the benefits and drawbacks of squading up with Chen. The alien did not disturb his thought process. He could beat Tadara bloody for refusing him, but it wouldn't be satisfying. This shinobi was more like him than Mitsu and while it would inflict emotional damage on his nemesis, he'd be unnecessarily making a dangerous enemy. Tadara would probably sway Shin against him and he would be further compelled to protect Mitsu just to spite him. No. Whatever the doctor's decision, he'd respect it for the time being. He could crush him later if he needed to but for now, it was best not to provoke him. He was intelligent and a snake like this would stop at nothing to get his vengeance.

When Tadara's answer came, Chen smirked deviously. The greedy doctor was willing to agree to a transfer. He'd complete the necessary paperwork and just like that, Mitsukira would be down a member. The thought alone was delightful but before too much emotion could be shown on his face, Chen's expression returned to its neutral state. He was like a mirror of his new student. Devoid of emotion and only appealing to self-interest. Masaru had treated him the same albeit the former Tsuchikage had much more capacity for affection than he did. Perhaps if he was not so sentimental, Iwa would not have lost the war. It was a blasphemous thought but one that Chen couldn't help but entertain. When he had walked into this hospital to visit his sensei, he had felt a bizarre sense of loyalty to the unconscious man. But after the chaos of the past few minutes, he felt that loyalty finally fading.

He was his own Master now. He had a student. He had a nation. It was all his. Soon Masaru would be a distant memory and this land would be Chen's to do with as he saw fit. If he could remove Shin and Tadara from Mitsu's grasp, he could use them to serve his own ends. They'd supplant her as the face of the nation while he ruled from the shadows.

"Excellent"

Tadara said he'd be assessing Chen during this trial period. The black haired Chuunin felt the urge to slap his new subordinate for his insolence but he stayed his hand. This was precisely why Tadara was more suited to be Chen's disciple than Mitsu's. He did not blindly follow. He wanted to know if Chen was a worthy leader much as Chen wanted to know the same of Masaru. As a reward for his bravery and intellectual acuity, Chen reached into the bag that Yui had given him. He pulled out a few stacks of Ryo and set them on a nearby table.

"Consider this the first yield of your measurement" Chen had given him 200,000 Ryo out of the 700,000 he received from the now retired Kotoshura. He then turned on a heel and left with the rest of the money. He couldn't wait to torment Mitsukira with this new development.

[exit]

[Gave Tadara 200K, Chen leaving with 500K]

Tadara
    Tadara
    Stone Special Jounin
    Stone Special Jounin

Post by Tadara Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:20 pm

Tadara would look at the funds as he contemplated the mans words. People were so silly with their desires and how far they were willing to reach for it. Who they would eliminate for it. In silence Tadara would take the money and turn. Walking away from the destroyed section of the hospital. It would be the villages job to make repairs. The woman herself seeming to care little for anyone in the hospital from her own nation. Loyalty was a farce but in due time it would be his farce to play.

Exit thread
    4 posts at 15 a post = 60 exp

Experience:

Ryo:
    • 2,520,500 total ryo

Equipment

Techniques

Skills:
    • Chemistry
    • Iryojutsu
    • Genjutsu
    • Sealing

Element(s):
    • - Honey/Wax

Stats

(21/21 Stat Raises)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:52 am