Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Passing the Torch (Shimiko/Sayuri FB)

Sayuri
    Sayuri

Village : Kirigakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Hyoton, Fuuton, Suiton, Ninjutsu, Iryojutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kanchijutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: I take payment in blood

Passing the Torch (Shimiko/Sayuri FB) Empty Passing the Torch (Shimiko/Sayuri FB)

Post by Sayuri Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:45 pm

Sayuri had exited the gates and found a rather large drift of snow to sit on and wait for the arrival of Shimiko. She was counting on the woman to meet her, though she had no idea if she would or not. She felt in her a kindred spirit but she had been overtaken with many sensations throughout the Summit and it would have been easy to believe she had confused some of her feelings. The slice along Sayuri’s arm had all but completely closed, not healed of course as she had made no attempt to heal it, but the blood had clotted and was no no longer leaking from her left arm.

‘You did very well, my Queen. Very well, indeed.’

‘Thank you. I am still a bit upset about being relegated to observer for part of it however.’

‘Understandably, my Queen. I only wish to keep you safe. To protect you and cherish you.’

‘By locking me up?’

‘To show you that I love you, my Queen.’

‘Hm. Well I can think of worse ways to show that.’

‘Did I detect a hint of enjoyment from you while you were restrained?’

‘. . . Perhaps.’

‘Good, I wish only to bring you pleasure.’

‘If that’s true, then next time I expect you’ll be more. . . vigorous.’

‘As you wish.’

Sayuri’s cheeks flushed with excitement as she spoke to Jareth in her mind, idly crafting tiny figurines out of the snow she sat in. She would sit there long into the night, constantly glancing towards the gates as she awaited her highly anticipated guest.

The Ice Queen:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Passing the Torch (Shimiko/Sayuri FB) Empty Re: Passing the Torch (Shimiko/Sayuri FB)

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:01 pm

After collecting all of her effects, Shimiko headed to the Tetsumura gates. Sayuri wanted to meet with her and she would have joined the girl immediately even not for her needing to work through her own issues. Once she had, she'd feel a small degree of obligation to help the lost Princess. Shimiko was not a fan of the country but some of its people were of Jashinist make and quality. Her dear friend Miyu-chan for example. Shimiko could perhaps try to convert Sayuri and she would, but that wouldn't be the center of the conversation. She'd be doing the young woman a disservice if she pitched the Orthodoxy as the solution to all of her problems. As she made her way to their meeting point, she considered how she was going to approach this conversation while simultaneously keeping Sayuri's unpredictability in mind.

Anything can happen. She might be crazy enough to attack me....she was a lot like I was in my younger days....but she doesn't have Nariko, Ryuko or Natsuru to rein her in. In fact, she might have something worse kicking around in that head of her's...

When Shimiko showed up, she called out to her fellow psychopath and gave her a sweet smile.

"Sayuri-hime? You wanted to talk?"

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Hyoton, Fuuton, Suiton, Ninjutsu, Iryojutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kanchijutsu

Passing the Torch (Shimiko/Sayuri FB) Empty Re: Passing the Torch (Shimiko/Sayuri FB)

Post by Sayuri Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:06 pm

While she was waiting, Sayuri had created a tiny figurine as a gift for Shimiko. It was the best representation of the Honey Badger that she could recreate from memory; it wasn’t perfect, but as an artist it was still quite good. She had even gone so far as to use fuuinjutsu to make the piece of yuki ice permanent. The conversation she was having with Jareth in her mind was muttered softly, as though she was speaking quietly into a radio as only her half of the conversation could be heard.

‘A gift?’

‘Yes, my King. I like her and I wanted to show her that I did. I think a gift is how one does that.’

‘It is one way.’

‘One way? And the others would be?’

‘Ways that I would not think will leave you in one piece if you attempted any of them with that woman.’

‘You don’t like her?’

‘Oh I do, quite a bit. However, I would use caution, my Queen.’

‘Yes, yes. As always, I will be cautious.’

‘I doubt that.’

‘You should.’

As Shimiko walked up Sayuri would hold out the ice sculpture to the Kumo-nin, cupped carefully in both her hands. “Shimiko-sama, for you.”

If Shimiko took the sculpture Sayuri would then hop down from the pile of snow she had been sitting on, if not she would follow the same course of action after carefully placing the sculpture in the snow. She was pleased that Shimiko had actually accepted her request to meet and she returned the woman’s sweet smile with one of her own. “I did. Thank you for meeting with me, I wasn’t sure if you would. The way you spoke earlier, during that. . . meeting. . . intrigued me. And I thought that I might not get another chance to speak with you, seeing as our nations are so far apart.” The way she spoke the word ‘meeting’ did nothing to hide her disdain for the entire ordeal that had been named ‘Peace Summit’.

[Giving Shimiko 1 unit of Yuki Ice in the form of a sculpture]

Spoiler:

The Ice Queen:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:07 pm

Oh? What's this? Shimiko looked a touch surprised as Sayuri handed her a figurine made of pure ice. The sculpture was meant to be a representation of the Devi's likeness. The craftsmanship wasn't professional but the iconic pigtails could not be missed. Shimiko smiled and accepted the gift. She held it up to examine it for traps and then pocketed it once satisfied. "Thank you...I'll put it in a place of honor...assuming it won't melt all over my furniture" she winked indicating that she trusted Sayuri's skills enough to believe that such an event was unlikely.

She internally laughed at how Sayuri spoke of the Summit. She really did remind Shimiko of herself at that age. Impatient. Violent. Sadistic. Eager for recognition. She could be my long lost younger sister.

"No worries at all and to be honest, I actually wanted to speak with you as well. You're pretty perceptive so I shouldn't have to tell you that you and I are a lot alike. In fact, you remind me of myself when I was your age and a bit younger"

Shimiko didn't want to monopolize the conversation and pursue her own agenda. Sayuri was the one who reached out first so she'd give the girl the floor to discuss what was on her mind, but she felt obligated to address the obvious connection between them. They were natural killers and it showed.

Character File

Post by Sayuri Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:03 am

Sayuri was quite pleased that Shimiko accepted her gift, and she beamed up at the other blonde. She would shake her head ‘no’ as Shimiko teased about the statue melting. “No, it won’t melt. I could allow it though, if you wanted.” Sayuri returned Shimiko’s playful wink with one of her own. She couldn’t imagine anyone would actually want a statue that was destined to destroy whatever surface it was set on. Although that did give her an idea for how to better assert dominance back in Kirigakure.

When Shimiko mentioned that Sayuri reminded her of herself, Sayuri was actually quite pleased. The Ice Queen looked up to Shimiko as an icon of brutality, so being compared to her was very flattering. Her smile would widen and she would turn slowly in a gentle pirouette, her face to the sky until eventually she stopped to face Shimiko once more. “That is incredibly kind of you to say. I can only aspire to one day be what you are, and I hope to. I have many dreams and visions; I have been shown a future filled with blood and suffering, a future where the weak are the foundation of my empire - their bones and blood the mortar between bricks of ice. I hoped that you might be able to advise me, since you have already inspired me.”

The Ice Queen:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Shimiko could tell that by Sayuri's words and demeanor that she was a bit of a fangirl. It wouldn't be the first time another kunoichi looked up to her and wanted to imitate her. However, Sayuri belonged to a rare class of fan-girl that was actually capable of walking the walk. It was easy to talk about and glorify gore, but it was another to play with human entrails. Sayuri was one of the select shinobi with the stomach for Shimiko's line of work. Sayuri regaled Shimiko with a future vision of blood and suffering. A beautiful and prophetic vision to behold but without the proper guidance, one that would never come to fruition. Sayuri asked for advice and Shimiko paused for a moment. She had a good idea on what she wanted to impart to this Princess, but she didn't want to appear as though she was about to give a pre-planned speech. She tucked a finger under her chin and pretended to consider the matter.

There were certain things she could say, but she was mindful of where Sayuri was coming from. She would need to put this in terms that the Ice Princess would respect. How would I have been most receptive to this message at her age? was the question Shimiko asked herself. "That sounds like a beautiful vision...one that I've seen myself and one that I'm sure will come to pass in due time" Shimiko for all her recent pretentions was still an Orthodox Jashinist. She believed that the Necrossiah would come again, and when he did, there'd be a blood-letting on this world like none other. However, she qualified the statement with. "But you have to ask yourself.....what are you willing to sacrifice to bring about this Empire? What pleasures are you willing to give up?"

Shimiko moved closer to Sayuri and spoke in a low tone. "These people..." her eyes shifted discretely to the samurai guarding the gates and some of the civilians moving through them. "They aren't like you and me....They aren't like us....." The us being referred to here was more than just the two corporeal bodies. It was an allusion to a third, and potentially fourth, entity. "What they must abstain from to get what they want is very different from what we must abstain from to get what we want. As someone who has built her own Empire from blood, the most important thing you have to realize is that restraint is key. Not everyone who is weak will have a place between your bricks of ice. Some are more deserving than others. I know what you want and I know how it feels to get it, but you cannot let it consume you Sayuri" Shimiko pointed to her breasts, more specifically, the tattoos that were marked there. They were the Red and Black Lightning tattoos from which she drew considerable power and they took the form of Kanji each spelling the name of her Twins. "My children are my rock. Whenever I feel myself slipping, I remember them. They'll inherit my Empire and its because of them that I had the ability to restrain myself from killing Nozomi on the spot. If you chase after every thrill without having someone or something to anchor you to the present and ultimately the future....you'll always be a slave to your own pleasure or someone else's" The emphasis on the last bit was something she hoped Sayuri-hime picked up on. Her very life might depend on it.

Shimiko was spitting deep facts here and she was careful to frame it in a way that Sayuri would understand. If she went all in on the power of "love," "friendship," and "being your best self" then she feared the Ice Princess would lose respect for her. The best thing she could do is speak the language that they both were fluent in. If Sayuri wanted to rule over legions of corpses as a Goddess of Death, then Shimiko would not dissuade her from that vision. However, the advice that she was going to give would have the effect of ensuring her rule endured, and in doing so, that those subject to it would have an easier time surviving.

Character File

Post by Sayuri Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:51 pm

As Shimiko spoke, Sayuri listened. She practically idolized the woman and any words she offered were like precious gems gifted to the small Yuki Princess. She was pleased that the description of what Jareth had shown her was well received, it would have been hard to accept had it not been. Shimiko’s first question however gave Sayuri pause, she had not considered what she might have to sacrifice to obtain her goal. Rather flippantly her first thought was ‘Everything’, but somehow she knew that wasn’t the whole truth. What she didn’t know was that Jareth had made it his goal to teach Sayuri that anything she wanted was hers to enjoy, he needed her to act on impulse - so long as those impulses surged in the directions he wanted. She had already been made to sacrifice much in order to fulfill his vision of the future, but from her perspective all of her choices were hers and hers alone.

She caught Shimiko’s implication about there being more than just the two women standing there. Jareth caught it too, and he didn’t like it. Being that he had encouraged Sayuri to be antagonistic however, he held his tongue. He had no wish to show the kunoichi that she had something she could annoy him with, she would likely have poked at it just for fun. He should have said something however, and he would later come to regret the decision to stay silent.

Sayuri didn’t understand the attachment Shimiko had to her children, she couldn’t possibly as true attachment or love of others had been replaced with a compulsion towards pleasure and suffering. Yet another piece of Jareth’s handiwork. So when Shimiko was finished and Sayuri considered her words, there were two words that stood out to her; abstain and restraint. She felt a physical reaction to them - a discomfort. That feeling was put there quite intentionally by Jareth, a safeguard against supposed ‘do gooders’ that tried to ruin his plans for the woman. A smug smile would pass over Jareth’s ethereal face as he felt the visceral reaction Sayuri had to essentially being told ‘no’. No one could see the smile of course, but he felt entitled to his small victory.

With a look of concern, Sayuri would speak slowly, as though she was trying to figure something out while she spoke. “I’m not sure. . . hmm. . . this is difficult for me. I’ve never had to think about giving something up. . . or giving anything up. Jareth is always telling me that anything I want is mine as long as I’m strong enough to take it.” When she said ‘Jareth’ she would point to her own head, indicating where he spoke from. Simultaneously she heard a growled ‘No’ inside her mind, and just like clockwork this only spurred the precocious princess on. “He doesn’t like me talking about him, I think he’s shy or something. But there is the chance that if I anger him enough that he’ll punish me for it later.” She clearly didn’t mind the idea of being punished, although her voice was low, speaking so only Shimiko could hear. “You’d probably like him actually, he reminds me a little of you. Powerful and ruthless. And interestingly he often speaks of restraint when it comes to my actions. . . certain actions.” The actions Jareth insisted that Sayuri show restraint when performing were always ones that endangered her person. He didn’t care about her friends, family, hobbies or anything else. Only that her body remained whole and that she remained alive. It was something Sayuri hadn’t given much thought to; Jareth had been there as long as she could remember and that was just the way it was. In fact Jareth hadn’t been there for long, only for a few years. But he had spent that time muddying up her memories so her statement was at least factually accurate.

With a mischievous grin she would lean in close to Shimiko and whisper. “Would you like to meet him again?” This was the moment that Jareth regretted his earlier silence. It wasn’t the suggestion of meeting him that angered the King of Lies - it was the word again.

The Ice Queen:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:45 pm

Shimiko could tell that Sayuri didn't like what she was hearing. No matter how carefully she phrased her words, the substance was still the same. Sayuri couldn't go around tormenting whomever she pleased whenever she pleased. It wasn't acceptable. She hoped she hadn't lost the girl. Fortunately, the fact that she was still standing there indicated that her respect for Shimiko had not evaporated. When she responded, it was to meaningfully engage with her advice. This was an opportunity that the Jashinist could not let go to waste. She's considering it....

The actual content of Sayuri's reply, however, was shocking. She didn't expect the Yuki Princess to be so open about her little friend. Shimiko had opted for discretion under the assumption that Sayuri, like many others who housed such an entity, wanted her power to be kept a secret. Sayuri not only casually revealed Jareth's existence, she spoke his name. Shimiko was unfamiliar with this being but that didn't mean there wasn't power within. She listened stone faced as Sayuri explained that Jareth had told her the world was her's for the taking. He was the one driving her compulsions it seemed and he liked doing it from the shadows. This new development was intriguing. Shimiko knew that there was something at play here, she just didn't expect to be given the details so forthrightly. Either Sayuri was lying or she had no capacity for impulse control. The sudden shift in demeanor at the Summit pointed away from the former and towards the latter. Shimiko could empathize with that sort of mindset. She had cultivated discipline over many long years, but if she housed an entity that eroded her sense of self-preservation, she might well have turned out like Sayuri.

Sayuri's penchant for risk-taking wasn't the only aspect of her character that had been revealed. Sayuri made it sound like she was looking forward to Jareth's punishment for her betrayal. She's a masochist.... This was new for Shimiko. As a ritualistic murderer, Shimiko enjoyed killing. People. Animals. It didn't really matter. Inflicting large amounts of pain and death on others was simply in her DNA. That said, she was not fond of experiencing pain. In fact, she went to great lengths to avoid it. Her speed and agility were second to none and she had developed a Ninjutsu-Bukijutsu arsenal that made landing a solid blow on her near impossible. She could not relate to Sayuri's desire to be harmed. Now that she knew what the Ice Princess was about, her modus operandi made more sense. It appeared everything she did was part of a calculated endeavor to harm or be harmed.

Fortunately for Sayuri, Jareth was like most entities. That is to say he provided a roadblock to Sayuri's agenda of self-harm. The result was that his host continued to live while he presumably gained greater influence and control over her. Shimiko's theory was confirmed when Sayuri leaned in and offered her the chance to meet him face to face. Again. Shimiko understood. He had been piloting Sayuri's body for part of the Summit which was why she had not derailed the sensitive peace negotiations. Shimiko looked her younger self in the eye and tried to see past her consciousness. It was as if she was looking at Jareth rather than the woman he resided within. If he was to become a threat to Kumo and her interests, then it behooved her to learn as much about him as possible. Shimiko was no longer sure she could help Sayuri. She was a masochist and only Jashin could help her now. The least Shimiko could do, however, was gain greater insight into this dark being that now controlled one third of Kirigakure's government.

"Yes" Shimiko said quietly.

Character File

Post by Sayuri Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:45 pm

Jareth was beyond anger, Sayuri’s latest stunt had pushed him into the realm of fury. He knew why she was doing it, but understanding did not equate to appreciation. The last thing he wanted to do was to have himself be paraded around like a show pony. But he could also see the value in shoving his weight around so to speak. Not with Shimiko, he knew that Sayuri was far too weak still to combat her in any meaningful way. But with Sayuri herself, there he could affect change. He knew she was excited at the prospect of being punished, so he afforded her his generosity. He was feeling petty.

Without a word he yanked the Ice Queen back into her mind and materialized in front of her within the mindscape he had created. Jareth was tall and strong, the type you would expect could crush you with a single blow if they so chose. His chin length white hair waved softly in the breeze as his large hand curled around the Yuki’s throat, a smile filled with malice settling on his features while he growled at her. “My Queen. . . you have displeased me with your assumptions. You assume that you may order me around for the entertainment of others. You are wrong. I exist here for your pleasure, not Shimiko’s. I trust that this is a lesson you will learn today.” With each word he squeezed tighter, his fingernails digging into her flesh as he stressed the importance of his words. He knew this was a game, and unfortunately so did she. There was nothing to be learned here by hurting her, and he knew it. He would punish her though, and he knew just how to do it. He simply couldn’t have her destroy all the progress he had made because of her incessant need for hedonistic pleasure - or whatever the equivalent was for her.

In her mind Sayuri’s heart was pounding with excitement as Jareth’s grip around her throat tightened and she was lifted off her feet. This was exactly what she had craved and why she had pushed as far as she had. Once again, she had done something and not been truly punished for it. Jareth pulled her close to him and stroked her hair lovingly as he planted a gentle kiss on the top of her forehead. Sayuri was confused only for a moment as suddenly he vanished and she realized she could not see, hear or feel. Anything. She screamed into the void, flaily wildly as she tried to touch something. But there was nothing there. She was not even able to feel her hands on her own body, as though she didn’t have one at all. All she had was her thoughts, and her panic. Being invisible, being ignored was the single worst actual punishment that could be inflicted on her.

Externally, Sayuri’s body took on a ‘blank’ appearance for a moment as her consciousness was forcefully ripped and caged in Jareth’s favourite creation; a sensory deprivation container inside his victim’s mind. Then, she would blink and her sapphire blue eyes took on a more calculating gaze. Jareth folded her hands in front of her, just as he had done during the Summit and looked at Shimiko, a demure smile on his borrowed face. His voice was still hers, but not. There was a harder edge, a slightly deeper tone and an entirely different cadence to his speech.

"Lady Shimiko Chinoike. A pleasure to meet you.”

The Ice Queen:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:02 am

Shimiko watched as Sayuri's expression grew blank and then focused. It was all in the eyes. One minute Shimiko had been talking to a wild-eyed fangirl and the next she was conversing with a primordial being. This Jareth introduced himself in a voice that was similar to Sayuri's, but not quite her's. It was precisely the tone and cadence that Shimiko had heard during the meeting. She was grateful for his intervention then. There was no telling how Nozomi might have reacted if Sayuri was permitted to continue her antics. She could have thanked him, but instead she stared at him contemptuously. He had not done it to preserve the peace. This much she was sure of. He was pursuing his own agenda and now it was time to find out what it was.

"Jareth is it? Hmph." She cocked her head to the side and made intense eye contact for awhile as she tried to size him up. "As for whether or not its a pleasure...that's totally up to you"

Shimiko wasn't sure if she could intimidate this creature, but she saw no harm in trying.

"What do you want with Sayuri? And more importantly, what do you want with the ninja world?" Shimiko needed to find out what this monstrosity was really up to. She figured he wouldn't be forthcoming and she wasn't about to beat the truth out of him for political reasons. She did however get the sense that he enjoyed toying with and manipulating others. Those types of entities loved to speak in riddles and indecipherable prophesies. There was knowledge to be gained from their deceit for those with the appropriate aptitude. Whatever she could tease out might prove to be invaluable in some future battle.

Character File

Post by Sayuri Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:52 am

Jareth kept his eyes on Shimiko’s as she looked down on him. Until she stated it was up to him whether or not it was a pleasure, then he would look away for a brief moment. An askance glance around his surroundings that could be interpreted as him being uncomfortable with the prolonged eye contact. He wasn’t, but it was easy for him to pretend. He’d spent enough time transforming into the perfect version of what people expected of him, that this felt no different. He was a generous being, if Shimiko wanted to intimidate him then he could act intimidated. It hurt him not at all to mold himself into the perceptions of those that viewed him. In the end he always got what he wanted regardless. And doing it this way he usually got more.

“I would prefer,” he said quietly, “that it was more pleasurable than not. I wish you no ill will, Lady Shimiko.” Part of his words were a lie, which part would be more difficult to tell. At that present time he did not wish any harm towards Shimiko, though he cared not at all for how their meeting went. To him, each human was just a small speck in the expanse of eternity. Some were brighter and more interesting than others, but in the end they all faded and thus had little bearing on his existence as a whole. Shimiko’s next questions were a bit of a surprise, he hadn’t imagined that Shimiko would care one bit for what happened to the wayward Ice Princess. The easiest way to lie, in his experience, was not to. At least, not completely. There was power in assumption and implication, and it was easier if those he manipulated saw things that he did not explicitly state. So he allowed his surprise to show, basically handing Shimiko a subtle ‘edge’ as he did so. It might cause her to become careless, the arrogance that goes along with catching someone off guard.  

His eyes widened minutely and he tensed his shoulders as he looked at her curiously. “I will answer your question, however I have one of my own. I can understand why you would be concerned for things that would directly affect you or your loved ones. But why the concern for Sayuri? I suppose you could be a rarely compassionate person, but I don’t think that’s it.” He would let his words hang for a moment and then answer her question. “What I want with her is to love her. Before I came to her she was so lost and alone, a woman who feared everything around her and had almost no one to turn to. Even those she felt she could turn to somehow managed to hurt her. She is a rare soul you see, someone who requires nurturing and guidance, something I know you can see as well. With the right influence she can become more than she is, without it she is destined to self-destruct. I want her to have a full life, one with all the things that were denied to her before. And I know, you don’t seem quite stupid enough to believe that I am a benevolent god or some such. I am not. I do not aid her freely out of the goodness of my heart, that sort of thinking is for naive humans. Through her I can continue my existence, live vicariously through her deeds and gain new experiences. It is a symbiotic relationship meant to enrich the lives of both participants.” He told no lies. . . directly. Sayuri absolutely was lost, though the reason she was lost was more his fault than anyone else’s. He had spent years shaping her to fit his needs, so that she would become more than she was when he first felt the delicious waves of fear that radiated off of her from the Land of Water. He had shaped her into his willing puppet, a vessel to be occupied, a future. “As for the ninja world, I do not want anything from it. It can continue to exist or not. It does not affect my goals no matter how the ninja world chooses to exist.” This was also true. . . mostly. Jareth did not care for the politics of humans, and often chose to avoid them where he could. In Sayuri’s case he had had to step in to avoid her death which could have appeared as though he had some vested interest in the politics of the five major nations. But he had simply wanted to keep his chosen vessel alive and well, and that wish just so happened to coincide with the Summit. If everyone present had decided to start another war, he wouldn’t have cared. So long as that did not interfere with his true goal. “You may speak freely Lady Shimiko, I assure you that Sayuri cannot hear or see any of this, nor will she remember it. You know she idolizes you quite a bit and responds to you quite well. I suspect that you and I are not so very different if that’s the case.”

For a brief moment Jareth entertained the idea of abandoning Sayuri, envisioned a future where he could possess Shimiko and practically salivated at what that would afford him. But as he observed her he knew that would be impossible. It was a tempting thought, to have a willing partner versus an unknowing slave. Shimiko was damaged, true, but not enough. He had observed evidence of the damage to Shimiko’s psyche and soul during the Summit, felt her anger and muted grief as she pleaded with Nozomi. . . but it was minor in comparison to the soul that screamed silently now. And he doubted that Shimiko would be actually willing, and so he resigned himself to continuing as he had always done; shaping his vessels to suit his needs. With a small sigh, Jareth would move closer to Shimiko, lowering his voice as he spoke quietly so that only she could hear. “I would request that you keep this meeting to yourself. . . for Sayuri’s sake. Her life is littered with conflict and persecution, adding ‘potentially insane’ to the list of problems she has will not do her any favours. And her well being, as I said, is my main concern. Sayuri trusts you, and so I will defer to her judgement.” Jareth knew that should Shimiko decide to attack, there was nothing he could do to stop Sayuri’s death. He would be fine of course, he always was, but his current vessel would not withstand an attack from someone so powerful. And so while he did not worry for his own safety, he was worried for her’s. By including Shimiko in the conspiracy he hoped to gain enough of her trust that she would not foolishly attempt to rid the world of him then and there.

The Ice Queen:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:35 am

Shimiko didn't buy Jareth's act of submission. He was probably immortal and thus "killing" him would only be a temporary inconvenience at best. She wasn't familiar with his capabilities or limitations, but if he was ambitious enough to lay claim to a world leader then he probably wasn't some minor spirit. Yet even though she took his fear to be a façade, she couldn't help but feel pleased with herself. Jareth was thus correct in his assessment of the prideful kunoichi. She was a natural-born killer and though her perspective had widened, it did not fundamentally change her core personality. When a predator saw a prey flinch, they felt mighty pleased with themselves. No matter how feigned it might be.

Jareth's reaction to her concern for Sayuri played into that bias as well. He saw her much as many did, a warrior who wasn't given to mercy or sympathy. Shimiko's reputation and murderous aura contradicted her apparent interest in Sayuri's well-being and Jareth had the sense to ask about it directly. Shimiko's stern expression remained etched on her face.

"She reminds me of myself at her age" she replied truthfully. She assumed he had been listening in on the prior conversation and she saw no reason to lie. There was, of course, the matter that Sayuri could pose a threat to world peace by virtue of her instability, lack of restraining forces and the malevolent entity housed in her body. She wasn't sure how strong the Ice Princess was, but if she was anywhere near Kitsuki and Arisu's caliber (which her rank implied) then it behooved Shimiko to keep her from going down the same path she did. If not for her own sake, then for the ninja world's.

Jareth declared that his intentions were for her to have a full and exhilarating life. The picture that the King of Lies painted was of a lost and troubled young girl who would have perished but not for his patronage. The story sounded familiar and behind pursed lips, Shimiko began to grind her teeth. It was what she had with Mora before she had met Nariko and the Thundercats. The years of manipulation and abuse she had unknowingly suffered was enough to make her want to kill Jareth and spare Sayuri, but she couldn't afford to spark an international incident. Their stories were similar but there was one key difference. Mora was corporeal and thus had all the limitations that came with it. Jareth was an eternal voice in Sayuri's head. He likely didn't sleep. He was always watching. Always thinking. Sayuri's status as a masochist was troubling enough, but now that Shimiko understood the full extent of what the Ice Princess was dealing with, she realized that it would be even harder to help her. Pulling someone away from the toxic influence of a human was hard enough, let alone a powerful spirit. Jareth's goal was to use Sayuri as a vehicle for his own pleasure and experience. It sounded about right and though she assumed he wasn't giving her the full story, she found herself believing him. The parasitic relationship between entity and host was a tale as old as time itself. He could live without her but using her to serve his own purposes was ideal. He also claimed that he wasn't the world domination type. This claim had some truth to it. The being hadn't really tried to start a war during the Summit. Although perhaps Sayuri's attempts to goad Konoha were influenced by him covertly.

Jareth further explained that this conversation was private in that Sayuri could not hear them. When he confirmed Sayuri's admiration of her, Shimiko couldn't help but grin for the first time since they met. He did have a way with words. He seemed to know just what to say in order to get his desired reaction from his audience. Shimiko had always wanted to be to other kunoichi what Seigi was to her and hearing him validate Sayuri's opinion was delightful. Shimiko didn't bother to hide the grin. She knew it was too late and so she used it to put Jareth on the spot. He closed with his desire for this conversation to be kept confidential and by that, Shimiko picked up on what he truly wanted. He didn't want the world knowing about his existence. He was genuinely angry that Sayuri had mentioned him to Shimiko and he wanted to cover his tracks as smoothly as possible.  He intended to play on Shimiko's sentimentality towards Sayuri and use it as justification for her silence.

Wow. He's good. Shimiko was no closer to learning what Jareth actually wanted from Sayuri and the world. She had the surface level answer that could be attributed to any ghost that inhabited someone's body, but she knew no more about Jareth than she did about the number of random entities percolating throughout this world and beyond. Well, she did know one thing about him. He was a remarkable liar.

"You're rather persuasive Jareth. Very talkative. The Lord that I serve doesn't speak. So I've learned to listen. I'm not sure if Sayuri is in good hands or if you're really disinterested in the ninja world...but I can tell you that I'll keep this conversation strictly between us" Jareth had managed to convince Shimiko not to report this to Kumo ANBU. Although not for the reasons one might think. This monster had a substantial amount of control over Sayuri. Not perfect control, but a large amount. With time it would grow and Shimiko intended to use that as a shield against Sayuri's worst impulses. "I'm not doing this just for Sayuri's sake.....I'm doing this as a favor to you. One that I expect you to return by leading Sayuri away from the people that I care about. You're the only one who can control her. I suppose I could as well but I don't have the time or inclination. I have my own interests to look after which means all she has is you."

Shimiko did not move as he inched closer to her. She remained as still as the ice statute in her pocket. He knew what she was capable of, she could see in his eyes the mutual recognition. She did not know he lusted after her own soul but if she did, she'd have told him it was already occupied. Shimiko served another Master. One that she considered to be far greater than him.

"You are right about Sayuri. She has the hunger...and maybe even the talent to be a fantastic murderer. When that day comes, there will be few that can stop her. So my asking price is that you keep my family, my Church, and my country off the menu." Shimiko was now appealing to his self-interest. If he wanted to keep his existence a secret and not have to face her unstoppable wrath, then perhaps he'd take her warning to heart. "Her amusements are her own but between the two of us I think she could be so much more than a killer. I plan on telling her that although I doubt she'll listen."

I was fortunate enough to find my way before its too late.....she could benefit from the Orthodoxy's new teachings.... Proselyting to Sayuri probably wouldn't work, or at least Shimiko doubted it. The malice-hearted child lacked the psychological profile for prolonged prayer and reflection. But it was still worth a shot. Maybe she'd leave her with some literature.

"Do we have a deal Jareth?" Shimiko took a step forward. The two were now as close in each other's physical space as could be. A precarious position to be when facing down the Queen of Close Quarters Combat.

Character File

Post by Sayuri Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:20 pm

Even though this conversation had been made necessary by Sayuri’s antics, Jareth found he was thoroughly enjoying himself. It had been many years since he had spoken to anyone other than Sayuri, and it was a refreshing change of pace. The ANBU Captain was more perceptive than Jareth had initially given her credit for, an arrogant failure of his eternal and non-human status. Shimiko was of course flattered by his words, as had been his intent and he gracefully did not draw any smug attention to it, he merely smiled in return. He saw no benefit in sullying the warm feelings he had evoked by adding a layer of smugness onto the comments.

Shimiko was perceptive enough to see the opportunity for a deal when he presented his own request, and he admired her forward thinking. In many ways Shimiko was vastly superior to Sayuri as a host and he silently bemoaned his current plight. Had he spent longer searching for a suitable vessel, he might have found Shimiko first before Sayuri. Then he would have had power, influence and experience. She even had gone so far as to say she was doing it as a favour to him, the word implying that if he accepted he would owe her something. It was bold and strong, and his lip curled into a grin as he considered Shimiko’s words about his current host and her appetite.

It was something he was interested in; his own self preservation. Shimiko had managed to hit the metaphorical nail directly on the head and now his mind sifted through all the possibilities and consequences related to her own ask. He hadn’t been lying, he was truly not interested in world domination - he understood the amount of work that course of action necessitated and he wanted no part of it. So while he would have been curbing Sayuri’s need for carnage anyway, he was more than happy to make it part of the deal that Shimiko presented. As Shimiko stepped forward into his space he would smile and raise a hand towards Shimiko’s left cheek. He wouldn’t try to touch her, and his movements were incredibly slow and obvious, his palm gently trailing down what would have been Shimiko’s face only a centimeter above it. In the same manner, unless Shimiko stopped him, he would use a finger to trace along the line of her jaw, a gentle caress along something that almost seemed tangible, as though Shimiko had an aura that only he could perceive and touch.

“You are wise beyond your years, Lady Shimiko. Such a prize you would be, but alas you walk a different path. In another life perhaps. In this one however, you will keep my presence a secret from any and all and I will keep your loved ones safe from Sayuri’s. . . appetite. You have a deal.”

Assuming Shimiko had not stepped away from Jareth, he would lean in intimately to speak very quietly to the Kumogakure kunoichi. “My host is only human, and can easily be killed given the appropriate techniques or attacks. But this I will give you for free; I cannot be killed. If Sayuri dies, I will endure. I would be horrified if that were to happen of course, but. . . if it does and you find yourself in need of the power only I can give you, seek me out. You and I could do wonderful things together, you would never fear for the safety of your loved ones again.” When he finished he would lean back to stand upright again, looking into Shimiko’s eyes as the air of conspiracy faded and he returned to his previous seemingly open and friendly formality. “She can be more, so much more. If she will listen to you then I welcome it, since she is. . . difficult. I will return her to you now, it has been a pleasure Lady Shimiko. I sincerely wish that this is not the last time we speak.” Then he would take a step back and make a sweeping bow, offering a subtle wink before Sayuri’s eyes became unfocused once again and then a moment later sharpened into a pained glare as Sayuri took over once more.

“What happened?”

Her voice was distressed and her gaze a mixture of pain, obstinance and contriteness. She had both hated and loved the punishment that Jareth had devised for her and the experience had left her more confused and off balance than anything else, the usually confident and certain Yuki now seeking direction from someone stronger than she.

The Ice Queen:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:39 am

Shimiko watched every micro-movement with superb attention to detail. Jareth would be able to see it in her eyes. There was nothing that he could do that she wouldn't apprehend and counter. If his intentions were harmful, then he'd soon be starting from scratch. A disembodied ghost looking over the corpse of his once promising host. Shimiko was fond of Sayuri and it would sadden her to have to kill her, but the Honey Badger had people back home that were depending on her. If they came to blows because Jareth was piloting her body, then the Yuki would be a necessary casualty. Fortunately, Jareth did not deign to even touch her. He stroked the outline of her chin and spoke in a soothing yet avaricious tone. He wanted her. And though she was fully devoted to her God, she wanted him. Perhaps less as a permanent companion and more of a spiritual fling. Yet years of spiritual discipline had hardened her heart to acting on such impulses. Jashin was a jealous Lord and she would not forsake him for a Grand Deceiver.

She continued to stare in his eyes, unmoved and un-tempted. When he agreed to her deal, she pushed his hand away from her face but did not move away from him. "I'm afraid I'm taken Jareth but the offer is flattering" As far as Shimiko was concerned, Jashin was older and more powerful than Jareth. She had no way of actually knowing it was true of course but the concept was an article of faith. A universal principal that she clung to even when all else seemed uncertain. No one was above Jashin, not even this charmingly seductive Prince of Deceit. Even though he was wearing Sayuri's body and the Chinoike was not one to lust after women, she could detect a masculine presence about him. She knew nothing of his physical manifestation but she allowed her imagination to run wild. "Very flattering" Jareth said his goodbyes and expressed his hopes that they'd meet again. Shimiko doubted it but she was willing to bet neither would forget this encounter for quite some time.

When Sayuri came to she looked like a lost doe. There was an innocent confusion in her expression. One that made Shimiko smile. She was strong in her own right but nonetheless unschooled in so much about the world. If only I had more time...I could have taught you...brought you into the Church as my younger sister just as I did Miyu-chan. We could have accomplished so much together. Just as how Jareth longed for Shimiko, Shimiko longed to teach Sayuri. But it was not meant to be. The Yuki Princess's journey was just beginning whereas Shimiko's was coming to a close. She did not address Sayuri's question directly. Preferring to keep her pact with Jareth and not giving him the wiggle-room to "re-interpret" their deal.

"I spoke with your friend. He's interesting. I can see why I remind you of him." She changed the subject. "Anyways, what you become isn't up to him or me. It's up to you. Consider what I said earlier though Sayuri-hime. A long and enduring rule is better than a short one. If you learn to stall your desire before you nourish it...there is nothing you can't have." Shimiko reached into her ninja pouch and handed Sayuri a pamphlet. It was for the Orthodox Church of Jashin. The new and improved version of the Orthodoxy as led by the Twins could teach Sayuri how to tame the beast inside. In doing so, she might be less of a menace to the smallfolk and a great ally in the wars to come. Shimiko wouldn't push the religion on her but the help was there if she wanted it. "We can show you the way. The Orthodoxy has laid down the path but its up to you to walk it." She was still standing quite close to the girl but rather than back away she put her hand on the back of her neck and pulled her in close. She pressed her forehead against Sayuri's and said a quick prayer. It was done in a foreign tongue and consisted of a few whispered words. Once she was finished, she stepped back from Sayu and added one more thing.

"You've given me a gift...allow me to give you two in return. The first is a weapon of your choice. Send me your thoughts and designs, and I'll send you something nice." Shimiko was a well-respected crafter and now that she was about to retire, the worth of her wares would go up astronomically. The Princess would be lucky to have such an artifact. Interestingly enough, she wouldn't speak on the second gift just yet. She was curious to see if the wanting kunoichi would speak up and demand it.

Character File

Post by Sayuri Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:38 pm

Sayuri stood there complacently, listening to Shimiko reiterate her earlier statements about how a long rule was better than a short one. The cage that Jareth had put her in had done wonders for her temperament and where before she had been full of fire and resistance, she was now willing to listen. It helped considerably that the person who was speaking with her was one of her personal idols. “I suppose there is some truth to what you’re saying. I shall at least consider it, though it still feels. . . wrong. By which I mean, not natural.” It was the best the Ice Princess could offer, the concept of having to wait for what she wanted was foreign to her, but if Shimiko had done such a thing and accomplished all she had, then perhaps it was worth considering.

She accepted the pamphlet when Shimiko handed it to her and idly looked at it, not noticing the hand coming up to the back of her neck, as such she was surprised when she felt Shimiko’s forehead against her own. Sayuri stood still, no fear in her at all - fear of being close to a dangerous person had long since been removed from her along with any instincts for self preservation. She listened to the prayer, not understanding it, but she could feel the significance of the action. As Shimiko stepped back, Sayuri awkwardly raised the pamphlet for a moment. “I uh, am not sure what that was. But thank you, I’ll look into this. Is this something I can find out about in Kirigakure?” Sayuri was not the smartest, and so was not exactly piecing together that the ‘Orthodoxy’ was Jashinism and that Jashinism was banned in her home Village.

The Yuki’s eyes lit up when Shimiko mentioned a gift, well two gifts. Sayuri had not given Shimiko anything with the expectation that the act be reciprocated, but she rarely received gifts and so her excitement was impossible to disguise. “Two gifts?! I only gave you one!” She looked mildly distressed, and her voice was higher pitched than before, almost as though she was about to ask a question. “I’ve never had my own weapon before, unless you count senbon, or my fangs. But I don’t think those count. Thank you Shimiko-sama! . . . Wait, you said one was a weapon, what’s the other one?” The calmness that had been instilled by Jareth’s punishment was quickly wearing away, replaced by new found excitement, much like a child on christmas day just before unwrapping presents.

The Ice Queen:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:54 am

Shimiko wasn't optimistic about Sayuri's chances of following through on her advice. At that age, it wasn't likely that she would listen to her own suggestion. Even if it was Seigi himself who had offered it. Some things just have to be learned with experience. It would be unfortunate that many would perish before Sayuri learned this truth and it was even more unfortunate that the Yuki herself might be her own casualty. But so long as Jareth held up his end of the bargain and steered her away from Shimiko's people, that was the Princess's cross to bear. She could, however, leave her with more than just advice.

"The Orthodoxy is the laws, institutions, and authority that Lord Jashin has set out for us to live under. It is the true form of the Jashinist faith and is the only means to humanity's salvation" Shimiko was certain that Sayuri must have at least tangentially heard of the Jashinist religion. Shimiko's own branch of the faith was renown for being one of the most violent although under the Twins' leadership, the organization had moderated quite a bit. "The pamphlet goes into some of the basics but I'll spare you the theological details. I doubt the faith is legal in your country but I can put you in contact with my Twins who currently lead the Church. They can explain more of it to you."

When the subject of the gift exchange was brought up, Shimiko held up a hand indicating that it was fine. She didn't need an equivalent exchange. In truth, there wasn't much Sayuri could give her that she didn't already have or could take just as easily. Even though Kiri had been an enemy of Kumo's for a long time, Shimiko really did want this peace to work out and both gestures would go along ways towards securing that peace. When Sayuri inquired after the other present, Shimiko said nothing. A mischievous grin made its way across her face and a silence passed between the two kunoichi. A cold breeze blew followed with Shimiko's pigtails swaying briefly before settling. More seconds passed and no response was given. Those devoid of pain empathy like Shimiko and Sayuri often lack defensive startle blink reflexes. While a normal person experiencing physical or mental tension might have the urge to look away or blink rapidly, psychopaths did not. Many might regard this stare as unsettling and unnatural regardless of the facial expression being worn.

To Shimiko, and perhaps Sayuri as well, it was a display of the most sincere affection. A manifestation of one's desire to possess and take from another. Be it knowledge, property or even their life. Shimiko had learned to mask this hunger with pleasantries but it was always there. Sayuri was one of the few people she felt who could truly understand that look and what it meant. She had given Sayuri a few precious moments to look away. To deny her gift. To demonstrate that this was all an act and not who she truly was. If she did not, then Shimiko knew that the Ice Princess would appreciate what she was about to share.

I love you

Sayuri would feel a sharp pain on her right cheek followed by a sensation of warmth. The cut was clean despite the Sai's serrated edge. Shimiko's unparalleled skill with blades allowed her to make the shallowest or deepest of cuts as she choose. This one was a short incision but remarkably deep and calculated to produce generous blood flow. It was remarkably simple and if Sayuri chose, it could be healed without leaving so much as a scar. Shimiko leaned in and gave Sayuri a kiss on the cheek. She smiled and her lips were stained with the Princess's blood. Sayuri appeared to enjoy pain but experiencing it had become so difficult for her. Shimiko had decided that the best parting gift that she could be given was the honor of being blessed by the Badger's Claws. Created by the Iron Prince out of a majestic material and tempered to an X-Rank Quality. The perfect tool for giving such a gift. Shimiko looked Sayuri in the eye and saw so much potential. Glory and grace to her...she's so beautiful. I pray Little Nariko is both just like her and nothing like her.

"Take care of yourself Sayuri-hime"

And with that, Shimiko turned around and headed back to the Land of Lightning.

[Exit]

Character File

Post by Sayuri Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:56 pm

An innocent question, a simple gesture, and then nothing.

That was how it would appear to an outside observer. I would be just an awkward pause in the conversation, and nothing more.

Between the two kunoichi though, there was volumes of information passed in those silent moments. The cold wind blew around them both, gently fluttering Sayuri’s white and blood soaked gown in tandem with Shimiko’s pigtails. Sayuri had spent years not speaking and learning only to communicate in non verbal ways and the look that Shimiko gave her now was returned in kind by the younger blonde woman. She would look directly into Shimiko’s eyes, accepting the woman’s gift wholeheartedly. She imagined she could see straight into the Honey Badger’s soul, such as one might exist, and there she saw the person she aspired to be.

Indomitable.

There was peace and power there in equal parts, and with complete trust Sayuri bared her soul as well. Her gaze was equally unsettling to the average person, but Shimiko was far from average and may have been able to see the yearning there. Sayuri wanted nothing more than to consume. An all encompassing inferno of passion was at the core of her being and it bled through everything she did, even now as she held Shimiko’s gaze she could feel the desperate need to know and be known shining through her ice blue eyes. She was utterly fearless as she stood still as the ice she wielded and shared the intimate moment with her idol. She could have stayed that way forever, and in a way it was as though she did. Those few seconds stretched out into eternity as Sayuri felt a sharp and blissful pain on her right cheek.

A blessing from the Honey Badger herself, blood poured down Sayuri’s cheek, cold as her own heart. And as the pain blossomed to cover her whole cheek, and Shimiko leaned forward to kiss her wound Sayuri felt something explode within her chest. Not physically, it was the impression of the rending damage that something like an explosive tag could do with proper placement, but it was more visceral than even the exquisite slightly crescent shaped cut that now adorned her visage. It was near enough to the concept of love that Sayuri didn’t know what to do.

According to some there are eight different types of love, words that describe the subtle nuances that come with strong positive feelings towards a person or concept. In that seemingly violent gesture - cutting Sayuri’s cheek - the Ice Queen felt several of those at once. Initially her heart swelled with near overwhelming Eros, and as she took a breath that passion settled into the core of what she had just experienced; Agape and Philia. This one act was the greatest gift Shimiko could have given her; a glimpse into what was possible if she simply stayed her hand. It wouldn’t ring true in that moment, and would take some time for Sayuri to absorb what her heart had just learned, but this was a moment that would affect her for all time.

Sayuri smiled at Shimiko, feeling honoured that her own blood now graced Shimiko’s lips, and then she did something that she never did with anyone; she bowed. Shimiko had touched her deeply, and for that had earned her total respect. In her mind, Jareth raised an ethereal eyebrow and thought to himself, ‘You should have been mine.’

“You as well, Shimiko no kimi. Thank you, I will wear it always.”

And just as abruptly, Sayuri would head back to the Land of Water.  

[Exit Thread]

The Ice Queen:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:30 pm