Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Kit & Mitsu's Party Planning Adventure!

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Kit & Mitsu's Party Planning Adventure! Empty Kit & Mitsu's Party Planning Adventure!

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:23 pm

Kitsuki led Mitsukira through the city all the way to Stag Tower. The five star hotel was the tallest building in all of the Heavenly Emporium and its splendor radiated above the skyline like some divine testament to Okane's brilliance. That was at least how Kit saw it.

The Princess and her new helper took the elevator to one of the penthouse suites and from there it was a short walk down the hall. Kitsuki grabbed her keys and opened the door revealing a luxurious penthouse apartment. The space looked as though it was decorated by an expert fashionista, which of course, it was. Kitsuki doubted that she'd have formal company over, but in case she did, she wanted them to have no uncertainty as to who was the most stylish kunoichi in the world. Just as Okane was relentlessly defending his title as top crafter, Kit was just as militant over her position in the fashion industry.

She turned around and smiled at her new companion.

"Welcome to my little slice of Heaven!"

She gave her a brief tour of the suite. It had almost a dozen rooms, a top of the line kitchen, a balcony with a gorgeous view, and of course, a music room. She didn't want her new friend to hold her stuff all day though, so without further delay Kitsuki would then show Mitsu to her art room. "Art" was a bit of a misnomer as Kitsuki wasn't a painter or a graphic designer. She did make sketches though and she did need a place to compose music. Both fields could be considered "art" hence its name. The room was pure white and there were sketch pads all around with numerous fashion designs. There were also pieces of jewelry and partially sewn clothing adorning mannequins. A few of them had sticky notes with reminders on them. Despite all of the activity that went on in the art room, Mitsu would probably notice that there was a near superhuman level of organization at play. All of the mannequins were neatly lined up and placed in front of the appropriate sketch-pad. Even the sticky notes themselves were posted in a neat and even manner, rather than haphazardly slapped on at an angle as most messy geniuses were wont to do.

This Princess was a woman of order and aesthetics. Kitsuki would instruct Mitsu where to put the sketches and how to get them on the pad so that she could compare her notes. Now that they were in and settled, she could go about making Mitsukira comfortable. She gestured to a fine couch set up near the center of the room where she'd be working. The Iwa official could kick back and assist in total comfort or she could watch the show as a spectator. Either way was fine with Kitsuki, she was just glad to have some company for once.

"Please make yourself at home. Can I get you anything? Coffee? Water? Maybe some wine uh?" Kit flubbed the last part. Mitsu was very sensitive and was carrying a lot of emotional baggage. It had been a mistake to offer her wine. Kit knew from experience that people tended to get overwhelmed by their feelings if they had too much to drink and whatever Mitsu was carrying in her heart would come spilling out if she had a glass or two. Kit wouldn't mind dealing with it, but the embarrassment would make Mitsu shut down. Unfortunately, the beverage was already offered and Kit couldn't very well retract it. She'd bring it if it was requested but she'd chide herself for her mistake.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Iryojutsu, Sensory, Ninjutsu, Raiton, Fuuton, Doton, Jūryoton
    Class: A
    Ryo: Time and Space

Kit & Mitsu's Party Planning Adventure! Empty Re: Kit & Mitsu's Party Planning Adventure!

Post by Mitsukira Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:56 am

Mitsu followed Kitsuki through the streets of the Heavenly Emporium, she had been here many times, but she still stared in wonder at the marvels that were everywhere within the floating city. She would keep her attention on Kitsuki, as opposed to any of the other people around, trying to imagine that the other people weren’t there. Mitsu was a bit nervous going inside the elevator, the confined space combined with the movement and strange noises had her hold her breath all the way to the penthouse. When they finally were safely inside Kitsuki’s apartment, Mitsu let out a loud sigh of relief as she chose to keep breathing.

Mitsu smiled happily as Kitsuki showed her around, pausing to gently touch the various fabrics and surfaces in each of the rooms as they walked through. She enjoyed the tactile sensations, but was careful to not disturb anything’s placement. She could see that Kitsuki had everything very ordered, and while Mitsu was not the orderly type, she could appreciate and respect it in others. When they went to Kitsuki’s art room Mitsu placed down the things she had been holding. She tried to find an appropriate spot for them, but without understanding Kitsuki’s organization system it was doubtful that she was successful.

Following Kitsuki’s direction, Mitsu would hop onto the couch and curl up, grabbing a throw pillow and hugging it tight - an unconscious barrier against her anxiety. She still felt out of place, however was a bit more relaxed now that there were no scary librarians. When Kitsuki offered to get her something, Mitsu’s eyes would light up at the word ‘water’. She barely heard Kitsuki offer wine, and even if she had she would likely not have accepted. Mitsu wasn’t a drinker, not by any moral choice, it was more a practical aspect of how she was raised. “Oh yes please! I love water. I can get it though, I’m sorry, you don’t have to get me anything.” Mitsu was half out of her seat, a look of guilt on her face at the mere thought of a princess getting her a drink, looking around for some way out of the awkward situation she felt she had just put her and Kitsuki in.

Dancing Queen:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Kit & Mitsu's Party Planning Adventure! Empty Re: Kit & Mitsu's Party Planning Adventure!

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:12 am

Kitsuki wouldn't stop Mitsukira from fetching her own drink. The poor girl had been scared stiff all the way to her apartment. She wasn't sure what was ailing the Iwa citizen, but if getting her own glass of water made her feel better, than Kitsuki was all for it. It also spared Kit the awkwardness of having to serve the anxious albino alcohol. Kitsuki patiently waited for Mitsukira to return with her glass of ice cold water. She didn't feel the need to give any direction on that point. The fridge had a pitcher of filtered water and the tap water was of the highest quality that money could buy. She took the time to move a few things around so that she could show her guest what she had in mind. Once Mitsukira was back in art room and all comfy, Kitsuki made a grand gesture to three large sketch pads. In her most conductor of voices, she introduced her three act performance.

"Now that you're all comfortable, allow me to present a three act orchestra the name of which I have not come up with yet but I think it will involve the words Angel and Stag" Kitsuki smiled and proceeded to give an animated pitch of how she saw her surprise performance going down. The orchestra would begin with three solo pieces played by her and only her. Kitsuki described the stadium and how she wanted everything arranged, she described the outfit that she was designing, and how the lightning would be just perfect. Kitsuki pantomimed the act of playing the three pieces which were all original scores written for this special occasion. She hummed the notes and gleefully explained how she had composed them. She went through the influences for her music style and what she hoped to accomplish with each piece. Kitsuki then launched into the second part of the performance. This would be a mixture of song and dance. It was also perhaps the part where Mitsukira could add the most value. You see Kitsuki's goal was to play a song on her piano and have someone dance to the music. But it wasn't just any old dance, it was the sort of choreographed performing arts that Maestro Ko would approve of. That mean that every movement, every spin, every gesture, was timed to the stroke of every key on the piano. Every note would be accompanied by a show of physicality and the combination would move the audience to tears.

"At least that's the idea" Kitsuki qualified. She had never done anything so intricate before. She was arguably out of practice and if she messed this up, then she'd never be able to look Maestro Ko in the eye again. It was a lot of pressure but Kitsuki enjoyed a good challenge and if Mitsu felt up to the task of helping her, she'd more than welcome it. She could tell that her acquittance was skilled just based off of the pirouette she had executed back at the library. She didn't want to put too much pressure on her though so if she did decide to assist, Kitsuki promised herself that she wouldn't be as hard on her as Maestro Ko might be. She was a perfectionist but unlike her music sensei, she wasn't willing to compromise her personality for glory. It was probably why she could never be as good a conductor as he was.

The final part of the event would consist of an orchestra performance. Kitsuki would lead them in an original score that she had composed. The crescendo would be amplified by a series of pre-planned explosions. She wasn't a pyro-technic but she was reading up on fireworks and how best to set them off to achieve maximum effect. Of course, if Mitsukira happened to know any Kotoshura that were willing to help her out in this regard, the Princess would be more than grateful. After the lengthy and excited pitch was done, Kitsuki would be panting. She had talked a lot and it was obvious she had sunk a lot of time, effort, and thought into this performance. Ordinarily, it'd be inappropriate for a Lady of the WASP to be so animated and self-indulgent when talking about her ambitions, but Kit said to hell with the etiquette book on this one. This was her passion and it was her own home. She was happy to share her world with this kind stranger and she hoped that the feeling was mutual. Between labored breaths, Kitsuki asked:

"Well....What do you think?"

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Iryojutsu, Sensory, Ninjutsu, Raiton, Fuuton, Doton, Jūryoton

Post by Mitsukira Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:40 am

Mitsu wandered to the kitchen after offering to get a glass of water herself. It took her a few minutes to find where everything was; She was getting better about understanding kitchens and fridges though it had taken years to get accustomed to modern facilities. Without a second thought Mitsu pulled two glasses out of the cupboard and filled them both with ice cold water from the pitcher in the fridge. It didn’t cross her mind to not bring her host one, serving others was second nature to her. Walking back in to the music room she would hand the second glass over to Kitsuki, and if she didn’t take it she would place it down on the nearest flat surface, then make her way over to the sofa and curl up hugging a pillow to her chest while sipping delicately on the beverage.

Mitsu sat and listened to Kitsuki’s pitch, her pinkish red eyes growing wider with excitement at each new revelation in her elaborate plan. Mitsu was in heaven, nearly literally given their location, but more practically this was the most relaxed she’d been in a while. With each passing minute that relaxation would become physically visible as Mitsukira eventually set aside the throw pillow and began sitting on the edge of her seat, a bright smile lighting up her face. When Kitsuki was done with her explanation Mitsu set down her glass of water (now nearly empty) and clapped her hands before jumping up from her seat and letting out a happy sigh. “What do I think? That sounds amazing Kitsuki! Honestly, it does. And you’ve planned all of this alone?! Wow, it’s just. . . really impressive.” She avoided bringing attention to the fact that this much effort for a single person could really only mean one thing, she’d let up on the teasing for the time being. At least until the two women became more comfortable together.

Mitsu had begun moving about the room, now that she was more comfortable she did what she always used to do; danced like no one was watching. She had felt less free the last few years, but in these quiet apartments with someone who genuinely seemed to wish her no harm she felt more like herself. And most importantly the subject of their conversation was two things she felt she had some skill in - music and dancing. Music less so due to her lack of any formal training, but the dancing certainly. “I’m not trained really, in music anyway. I have some formal training in dance though, it happened to go hand in hand with my Academy training. My cousins in the Land of Wind were. . . er are musicians and we used to find caves to practice music and dance in, for the acoustics. There’s some fantastic caves in the Land of Wind actually, most people just think it’s nothing but sand but not s- um, anyway. What I mean to say is that maybe I could help with that, not the writing music but the dancing part. If you want. I don’t want to intrude. Or I could just listen to you play, I would love to hear it actually.” She would gesture to the piano as she danced her way over to it, gently and lovingly touching the instrument while beaming encouragingly towards Kitsuki.

Dancing Queen:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:32 am

Kitsuki would accept the glass of water offered to her. She expected something like this would happen. Mitsukira seemed like the type to always consider the needs of others before her own, so it was logical that if she was getting a drink for herself, she'd get one for her host as well. Kitsuki took a sip just to wet her mouth and throat in preparation for all the talking she was about to do. She then set it down and proceeded as planned. By the time she was done with her pitch, Kitsuki was thankful that Mitsu had got her the glass. She scooped up the glass once more and drank deeply. When she was done she let out an exasperated sigh of relief. She didn't think Mitsu would tell her that her plan sucked but hearing the excitement in Mitsu's voice was reassuring all the same. When Mitsukira remarked that it was impressive, Kit just shrugged and smiled. "I'm glad you like it" She was certain that Okane had very discerning tastes and that if she wanted to wow him, then she'd need to pull out all the stops.

Kitsuki knew that she was on the right track because her little show-and-tell had managed to get Mitsu off the couch and dancing. Kit noticed that when her new acquittance got excited, she tended to dance and dance well. Apparently she had relatives in the Land of Wind that were musicians and from there her passion for the art blossomed. She would be perfect for Kitsuki's performance. She danced to the piano and Kit followed her both watching and considering. Kit was no slouch on the ballroom floor either and she could dance fairly well. Not as well as Mitsu, but well enough to communicate her vision to others. It was a sensitive thing for her as unlike music, appearances mattered and she had never been as confident as other girls when it came to beauty. She rarely danced in front of others. Instead, she occasionally practiced on her lonesome just to keep her skills sharp. With Mitsu though, she felt as though she could afford to be vulnerable. The gentle soul would never judge her and if they were to work together on this, then she'd need to feel comfortable expressing that part of herself.

"No intrusion at all. You move like a swan Mitsu. I'd be honored to have you dance this piece for me. Let me give you a quick sample....just...let the music guide you. I have an idea of what I'm aiming for but I want your natural reaction to the tune and from there I'll build off of your style."

Kitsuki took her seat at the piano and lifted the fallboard. She placed her fingers on the keys and began to play a short piece. As she played, she'd watch Mitsu dance. She'd note her expressions and movements with each key stroke. Occasionally she'd stop playing, ask Mitsu to pause and then make a small rudimentary sketch of however she was posed. It was almost like a fun game of freeze dance. If Kitsuki found a particular routine that worked well she'd incorporate it into her vision. She'd even dance herself a bit to demonstrate what she wanted Mitsukira to do on certain notes. It was clear that this show was very important to Kitsuki, but she never placed undue pressure on the Dancing Queen. Kit had a hunch that if she treated this as two friends having fun, as opposed to a romantically driven perfectionist coaching a mouse of a woman, their art would reach levels of excellence that would make her sensei blush. After a few hours of work, Kitsuki take a breather and finished off her glass of water. Assuming there were no mishaps or gross deviations in acceptable behavior from her new guest, Kitsuki would feel hyped up for the concert.

"That was great! You're a natural Mitsukira. Do you dance for a living?"

Character File

Post by Mitsukira Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:12 pm

Mitsu blushed furiously as Kitsuki complimented her dancing, it had been a very long time since she’d received such kind words and she wasn’t sure how to react. Fortunately she didn’t have much time to think about it as Kitsuki launched into her idea of how Mitsu could help. Mitsu was always game to dance, so being able to assist the princess this way made her very happy. As soon as Kitsuki sat at the piano, Mitsu would take her position in the center of the floor. “Ready whenever you are.” Mitsu closed her eyes and breathed deeply, centering herself and allowing the first few notes to calm her soul.

She let the music that Kitsuki played guide her limbs, opening her eyes and moving gracefully across the floor. Where there were lulls in the melody she moved languidly and when the tempo increased so did her own pace. Each time Kitsuki asked her to pause she would freeze and hold her position so that Kit could sketch it out. She enjoyed the challenge of holding more difficult positions and began to increase the intricacy of her movements, taking feedback from Kitsuki well and incorporating it into her improvised routine. Mitsu had no issues repeating anything Kitsuki asked of her, her memory was quite good and unlike most things Mitsu did, she felt confident in her own skill with dance.

Tirelessly she would continue to dance until Kitsuki took a breather to finish off her water. Mitsu would follow suit, draining the remainder of her glass and then holding out her hand to collect Kit’s as well. Assuming Kitsuki handed over the glass, Mitsu would quickly head to the kitchen and refill them, a slightly sad shake of her head before she left. With or without Kitsuki’s glass, Mitsu would refill her own and return to the art and music room, perching herself on the arm of the sofa and taking a long drink before properly answering Kit’s question.

“No, I don’t dance for a living. I wish I did though, that would be something. But it appears that it is not part of the Universe’s Grand Design, at least not yet. I help. . . I mean, I’m a shinobi, and I mostly just do paperwork actually. . . for Iwagakure. I had planned on doing more, but that wasn’t meant to be either. So I guess you could say I’m just a glorified bookkeeper.” Mitsu looked momentarily horrified for a second as she realized that she may have just implied that being a bookkeeper was somehow bad. “I mean. . . oh Universe. I didn’t mean it like that, I just meant that what I do for a living is not what I had envisioned. Bookkeeping is totally fine, nothing wrong with it. Uhhhh. . . what do you do for a liv- oh. Right, you’re a princess, but that’s not really a job - that’s who you are. When you’re not being royal and writing orchestra pieces and dance routines, what do you do?” The whole time Mitsu spoke, her expressions and tone of voice displayed a wide variety of complex emotion; sadness, guilt, shame, joy, peace and anxiety. About the only emotion that was distinctly lacking was anger.

Dancing Queen:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:58 pm

Kitsuki allowed Mitsu to take her glass. Mitsu was clearly most comfortable when she was helping others and Kit saw no reason to disturb that peace. When she returned, she answered Kit's question in the negative. Contrary to Kit's assumption, Mitsu claimed to be a shinobi albeit one who worked in a more clerical role. This wasn't entirely surprising as the shinobi field was deep and broad. There were plenty of people serving in the military who weren't martially competent. Kit smiled and waved off Mitsu's fluster when she realized that her words could be interpreted as denigrating those of the accounting profession. Kit had worked briefly with accountants and auditors when she had done the Mist's books. She had gotten a glimpse into their lifestyle and could confidently say it was a less than glamorous job. Even if by some strange twist of fate Kit had been a bookeeper, she wouldn't have seen any dishonor or disrespect in what Mitsu had said. It was the truth.

She allowed the awkwardness to pass and the subject to shift to her own job in Kiri. The question caught Kitsuki a bit off guard. She wasn't used to people not knowing who she was or what she did. This Mitsu kunoichi was nice but she was woefully underinformed when it came to world affairs. Kitsuki had taken the life of the previous two Kage in a major blood coup. Many saw this act as being the catalyst that ended the war. Just about everyone on Kit's side of the world knew that the Princesses ran the Hi no Mizu government and most people knew that Kitsuki, as the strongest Princess, was chiefly in charge of protecting the country. The surprise was obvious on Kit's face but she quickly adjusted so as not to make her new friend anxious. Mitsu simply wasn't well versed in geopolitics, which to be fair, was a pretty sweet spot to be in.

Less of a headache....

Kit moved her head from side to side as if dithering on how to describe her job. "Well...as a Princess my job is more or less to rule Kirigakure and the Water Country. You see, in our land we are technically ruled by an Emperor but he's just a figurehead. The real power is held by a council of Princesses known as the Princess Triumvirate of which I am a member." Kitsuki chose her next words carefully. She wanted Mitsu to know what she did without intimidating her or making her feel unsafe. An act that was rather easy given this ninja-bookkeeper's disposition. "My specialty is national defense. I hold down the homefront, keep the citizens safe and make sure the military runs in tip top shape" It was the easiest way to say she was Kiri's "big gun" without outright saying it.

Character File

Post by Mitsukira Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:24 pm

Mitsu listened as Kitsuki explained what her job was. She quickly put together that Kitsuki and the other two princesses filled the role of Mizukage and that realization would be fairly evident in her expression. “I. . . oh. Right, of course. I’m sorry, I’m just a bit off today, you know? So you run the military, I guess that’s kind of what Chen does. We have a similar situation in Iwa; I run administration and Chen runs National Defense. It’s uh. . . workable. We don’t always agree on everything. . .” She stopped herself abruptly as memories of how they didn’t agree darkened her mind. Forcing a cheerful smile on her face once more she continued, though veered away from the subject of Chen even as her hand subconsciously clutched at the scar on her abdomen. “It does work though, we’re called a Council, which I guess is sort of the same.”

She would sit there silently for a time, twirling her glass absently in her hand as she pondered how the Universe had provided for her. “You know. . .” she spoke quietly and thoughtfully as she finally broke her silence. “I suppose I could learn a great deal from you. In how to run a country I mean. I was left in an interesting predicament and have sort of just been muddling through alone. Any advice you could offer on how to deal with. . . less than agreeable people when running a country would be most welcome.” An ‘interesting predicament’ was the understatement of the century. But she was sincere in her request for advice, and she would wait to see if she’d been a bit too forward with the Kiri Princess.

Dancing Queen:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:49 am

When Mitsukira compared Kiri's government to her own, Kit was taken aback. She hadn't realized Mitsukira was more than just a glorified accountant. The Dancing Queen was not one to brag so when she described herself as co-leader of Iwagakure, Kit took her at her word. Now it was the Princess's turn to feel embarrassed. No way! She helps run Iwa?! This whole time I've been speaking to a fellow world leader?! It wasn't totally far-fetched. If she was running the numbers for the institution, then it made sense that she'd wield tremendous influence over the administrative affairs of the country.

The power of the purse is paramount.... It was a phrase oft-repeated by her sensei.

She was obviously not a warrior of any kind. Chen probably was the "Kage" in the martial sense much like she was. The fact that the name didn't ring a bell wasn't surprising though. Iwagakure hadn't produced a noteworthy warrior since Masaru and Yui Kotoshura, neither of whom were on the world stage any longer. Judging from her expression, Mitsu was having trouble with Chen and boy could Kitsuki relate. An uncomfortable silence settled between them. Kit realized that perhaps part of the reason why Mitsu was so timid was because she had had bad experiences with Chen or people working for him. She was just a civilian filling a role ordinarily helmed by a bonafide ninja. The idea that they'd bully her for her weakness incensed Kit, but she was careful not to show it lest Mitsu assume the anger was directed at her. Kit instead opted to look down at her piano keys. She shut the fallboard but found herself looking up when Mitsu was the first to break the silence.

"Learn from me?" Kitsuki was astonished. She had only just taken power a couple of years ago. Even though she had the luxury of having gone to a school specifically created for this purpose, she was still struggling with her new role. Kitsuki had her own woes when it came to disagreeable individuals. Individuals who not only proved to be a nuisance and thorn in her side, but who were dangerous and often acted with malicious intent. Kitsuki's mood soured as she recalled her rivalry with Sayuri. Just one more reason why she contemplated staying on the Emporium forever and not having to go back to that wretch of an Ice Princess. Arisu was more stable but she was currently pursuing an agenda that would jeopardize the safety of the planet itself. It was like being caught between a poisonous snake and a violent hurricane.

Still, as difficult as her own situation was, Kitsuki was better equipped to deal with it. She was strong. Very strong. And she had the benefit of a phenomenal sensei, a loving family, and a little helper who was currently "sleeping" in her hair. Zizz was about the size of a tick and though she didn't need to engage in ordinary bio-rhythmic activities, she sometimes mimicked them for her own amusement. Now was apparently one such time. Kit smiled at Mitsukira as she was forced to acknowledge how blessed she was in comparison to her new acquittance. If the Dancing Queen wanted help, then help she'd get.

"I know exactly how you feel Mitsukira." Kit said with empathy in her eyes. "I don't always get along with my fellow Princesses. In fact, there's one in particular that I don't like at all and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Its not just a difference in politics.....she's not trustworthy"  Kitsuki had declined to reference Sayuri by name. Years of etiquette training had taught her that you should never badmouth your political colleagues to a foreign leader. Kit believed that Mitsukira was being genuine, but on the off-chance she was not or if she was pressed on her interactions, Kit could not risk Iwa learning of the precise nature of the Triumverate's discord. Mitsu might be able to work out the details herself if she did the research, but at a bare minimum Kit would give herself plausible deniability.  "Unfortunately we have no choice but to share power. Occasionally, that's how government works. As for dealing with them...."

The embarrassing irony of the situation was not lost on Kit. She had "dealt with" her last two political adversaries by assassinating them. That certainly wasn't an option for Mitsu, and even if it was, Kit didn't think it was what she needed to hear. "Creating clearly defined boundaries and responsibilities is important and it sounds like you have that part down...but the only thing more important than creating boundaries is enforcing them. If you ever feel that Chen or someone else is encroaching on your jurisdiction, you have to be prepared to fight them. Not necessarily physically but mentally and spiritually. Do not give an inch...otherwise they'll take a mile. Also, find someone special in your life...a friend or perhaps a close family member and confide in them regularly. It helps ground you and keep you focused on why you go in to work every morning. Finally, make time for the things you enjoy and that improve your morale. For me...that's music and fashion and for you I guess it could be dancing or whatever else lifts your spirits."

"Math?" Kit asked with a smirk. That was a joke. A light-hearted reference to their conversation earlier about Mitsu being a bookkeeper. Assuming the joke landed, Kit would continue: "I don't know the specifics of your political situation...and you might not be able to tell me....last I heard Masaru had fallen ill to the plague and Yui was no longer active but whatever the state of play is, you need to protect yourself Mitsu. Hire bodyguards, spies...whatever you need to do. I don't want to scare you but you need to know that shinobi don't always play fair. What they can't get through scheming or intimidation, they might try to get through violence."

Kitsuki got up from the piano and walked over to the sofa's arm where Mitsu was sitting. She took Mitsu's hands into her own and let her guest see the concern in her eyes.

"If you ever feel your life is in danger....know that you have a friend in Kirigakure. I won't let harm come to the innocent" Assuming Mitsu allowed the contact, she'd feel how gentle and soft Kitsuki's hands were. They were as delicate as porcelain but they contained a hidden strength formidable enough to topple mountains.

"I'm here for you"

Character File

Post by Mitsukira Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:46 pm

Mitsu listened as Kitsuki explained her own situation in Kiri, and how it seemed she was having a similar problem. She didn’t name names, or even elaborate into why this other princess was untrustworthy or what that might mean, but Mitsu wasn’t nearly as naive as people assumed she was. She caught the practiced censorship of the name - something clearly meant to be politically correct, leaving out the name gave Kitsuki some measure of safety were this conversation to be overheard or ever repeated. And the statement that she was sure the feeling of dislike was mutual was also telling. So far Kitsuki had shown proper etiquette and diplomacy - and where those were concerned it didn’t make sense for Kitsuki to suddenly claim factual knowledge of a thing without it being an actual fact. Otherwise it would be merely gossiping and malicious gossip at that, which didn’t line up with either being politically sound or within the realm of good etiquette.

Mitsu would nod knowingly about having no choice but to share power. “I don’t have a choice currently, as it sounds like neither do you. I am sorry to hear that Kitsuki.” Her sympathy was genuine, she didn’t like to hear that anyone suffered. In fact if she were to even hear of Chen suffering, she would do everything in her power to help him. A fact that ran through her mind briefly and gave her pause as she blinked in surprise at the revelation. Her surprise was short lived however as she set the idea of helping Chen aside to focus on Kitsuki and her advice for how to deal with him. Much of what she said she already did, as much as was possible anyway. Clearly defined duties were paramount to her and Chen working together at all, although it had been Chen and not her that had set those boundaries and enforced them. The tiny voice that had been set there after years of bullying spoke up then. The voice of self doubt and self deprecation. ‘Am I in the wrong then? Is Chen only doing what he should be, and I am making it difficult for him? Is he. . . right?’

Her neutral to sympathetic expression vanished as she began to look actually distressed while Kitsuki spoke. Mitsu didn’t interrupt the princess, she continued to listen actively but the guilt was gnawing on her soul as she listened. What finally woke her from her guilt riddled state was Kitsuki’s joke about her liking math. Mitsu would grin, laugh and shake her head vigorously. “I really don’t like math, I mean, I’m good at it I guess but it’s just a thing I do. I guess you could say it’s just a job.” With the fortuitously timed joke, Mitsu found her heart lightened again, right up until Kitsuki said Masaru’s name. She felt a sudden chill run through her and she twisted in her seat, setting the water glass down on the nearest surface and clutching a pillow in her arms as though she might die without it. She heard Kitsuki suggest a bodyguard and she began to feel physically ill and clutched the pillow tighter as waves of pain radiated from her old wounds, triggered by the memories of the violence that had put them there.

Mitsu knew what she must look like and so she looked down as Kitsuki walked over, trying to keep her terror and sorrow filled gaze on the approaching princess’s feet. Kitsuki had said nothing wrong but Mitsu didn’t want Kitsuki to even think that so tried to obscure her rising panic in yet more pillow strangling. Hyper vigilant as she was, Mitsu noticed the small movements that she knew would inevitably lead to Kitsuki trying to touch her and so she tried her best to suppress the urge to flinch away when the princess finally did reach for her hands. She couldn’t fully suppress it though and as Kitsuki’s soft hands held her own she would finally raise her reddish pink eyes to meet Kitsuki’s deep brown ones, and do what she did best. Apologize. “I’m sorry, Kitsuki. I’m not. . . thank you. I mean, uh. . . hang on.” She would pause as she struggled to form coherent sentences, the primal part of her brain sending her into flight of fight mode, and her rational mind fighting to keep her present and fully aware of her surroundings. Closing her eyes for a second she would breathe in and out, then open her eyes again when she felt she could say real words. “I appreciate it, I do. And you seem genuinely caring. . . I just don’t know if I deserve it. . . You said you wouldn’t let harm come to the innocent and I believe you, but I’m not innocent Kitsuki. I know I have a strange manner, I have been made fully aware in recent years that my behaviour is not. . . normal. I am a great many things, but innocent is not one of them. Stupid, an incompetent diplomat, sickeningly naive, unsuitable. . . a bitch. She listed off everything Chen had said to her in their last meeting and when she got to the last description her voice was barely over a whisper. “Today was the first time I’d really danced in. . . forever. I have one person in Iwagakure that I talk to, or try to. But even him I have to censor myself somewhat, for fear of retaliation. I don’t want anyone to get hurt, I just want to. . . to. . .” She would stop and look around the room desperately trying to search for the word to describe what she actually wanted. Her eyes settled on the piano and in her mind she heard the music that Kitsuki had just been playing, her hands would grip Kitsuki’s just a touch tighter - Mitsu was also stronger than she looked. Not nearly as strong as Kitsuki, but she wasn’t the frail china doll that she appeared to be, though her grip would merely imply that as she had no intention of causing harm. “I want to breathe. Freely and without fear, I want to be free of my mistakes so that I don’t spend every waking moment filled with guilt and regret. I want to sing and dance and live, the way I used to when I lived in the Land of Wind. But I fear I may not ever again, I’ve done terrible things Kitsuki, things that are unforgivable and Ch- everyone has a right to judge me for them.” Tears flowed down her face as she spoke while still holding onto Kitsuki’s hands, though there were no other signs that she was crying, as though grief was a natural part of her being.

Dancing Queen:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:28 pm

As the two conversed, Kitsuki noticed that Mitsu was very reactive to the emotional states of others. It appeared that whatever energy Kit put out, her acquittance took in tenfold. If she joked and tried to lighten the mood, Mitsu reacted positively. If she spoke about serious and grave matters, Mitsu internalized a sense of doom. Years of etiquette training and the influence of her other-worldly friend had given Kit a fairly high EQ. Mitsu was like porcelain and if not handled with care she would crack under the weight of her insecurities and fears.

As she spoke, Kit made it up in her mind to do her best to fortify Mitsu. She would build on the girl's confidence and hope to one day transform her into jade. Beautiful and stunning, but much stronger and able to withstand pressure. That would have to come later though. For now, it was about meeting the Dancing Queen where she was at. She needed a shoulder to cry on and not a coach. Kitsuki would still attempt to hold Mitsu's hands and she would not interrupt as Mitsu once more took to her habit of apologizing. She insisted that she was not innocent and that the Princess's kindness was wasted on her. She began a tirade of self-deprecation using words and phrases that Kit did not believe to be a natural part of her vocabulary. Someone had told Mitsu these things and made her believe it. Each insult was more vile than the last and when Mitsukira finally reached the last one, Kit had to restrain herself from showing anger. Mitsu was too sensitive to that sort of thing so she had to bury the righteous fury that she felt in her heart. Someone was mentally breaking Mitsu down and Kit wanted to find out who. This wasn't something that she could tolerate, even if it was occurring in a foreign land. The WASP's sense of justice would not permit her to stand idly by in the presence of evil. Kit's emotions caused Zizz to stir. The Angel could not sleep while her host was so incensed. The hunger for justice was like a blaring alarm clock that could not be ignored.

Mitsu confessed that she hadn't danced in quite some time. This was troubling considering how much she loved the art. If she had been kept away from one of the few things that brought her joy, then it was no wonder why she was so depressed. Kitsuki allowed Mitsu to grip her hand as she searched for the right words. It was in that grip, that Kit was forced to correct herself. Mitsu was already strong. She had it in her spirit but it was locked away and buried. A force that she couldn't tap into because of her good nature.

Kit watched with concern in her eyes as she began to cry. She just wanted to live and be happy. Be free. The burden of leadership was too heavy for this one to bear and the abuse that came with it was crushing her. The solution was on the tip of Kitsuki's tongue, but she did not dare speak it aloud.

Leave. Come to Kirigakure with me. I'll let you stay in our village and get away from those people....

Unfortunately, that would cause an international incident at a time when a fragile peace had just been restored. Kit's own position was tenuous at best and she had no clue as to what was going on in Iwa. Judging from what Mitsu said, it involved the late Tsuchikage and another individual. She was close to divulging his name but chose not to. Kit would respect this but would still note it. She couldn't force this cruel shinobi out of power, but she could comfort her new friend. Kitsuki would embrace Mitsu and hug her tightly. Her goal was to give her the space to release all of that negative emotion. To replace the pillow as a source of protection and warmth. This was deeper than she had realized and the most important thing she could do was let Mitsu know that none of this was her fault. When she broke the hug, Kit would look her in the eye and say:

"No Mitsu. Listen to me, you're none of those things. You've done nothing wrong and whoever said those awful things about you.....is an evil liar. I've only known you for a little while but trust me. You're a great dancer, a kind person, and you have one of the most gentle souls I've come across as a shinobi. You deserve to be happy and I'll do whatever I can to make that happen."

Kitsuki knew that it would be difficult to get Mitsu to believe this. Once someone succeeded in running down your confidence to the point where you couldn't see anything good in yourself, it would take more than just nice words to build it back up. As if sensing Kit's dilemma, Zizz flew out of her hair. She was tiny at this point nothing more than an anomalous glowing speck that appeared to hover in the air to Mitsu's right. It was possible that nothing on this Earth could convince Mitsukira that she was innocent, so perhaps, it would take something beyond it to restore her believe in herself.

The speck grew until it was about the size of a small bird. Mitsukira would see a set of wings followed by a tiny dark-skinned person with white hair. The angel was glowing in a golden aura and looked to be smiling. Zizz couldn't speak but she could communicate with others under specific requirements. The first and more important requirement was a pure heart. Instinctually, Zizz knew that Mitsu fell under that category. She floated close to Mitsu so that the she could feel the warmth of her glow and she aimed to land on her hand. Kit would guide Mitsu's hand to the angel, letting her know that it was okay that she could touch it. She let Zizz introduce herself.

ⵀⴰⵔⴽ! ⴱⴻ ⵏoⵜ ⴰⴼⵔⴰⵉⴷ! The Angel would "say." There were no words nor sounds emitted from the being. It was as if she was communicating directly to Mitsukira with her heart. It was a series of sensations perhaps described as beeps, clips or maybe just vibrations that she could tune into. If Mitsukira felt so inclined, she could speak back to Zizz by opening her heart up and letting her spirt do the talking. ⵎⵢ ⵏⴰⵎⴻ ⵉⵙ ⵣⵉⵣⵣ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵢoⵓ ⵛⴰⵏ ⵜⵀⵉⵏⴽ oⴼ ⵎⴻ ⴰⵙ ⴽⵉⵜⵙⵓⴽⵉ'ⵙ ⴳⵓⴰⵔⴷⵉⴰⵏ ⴰⵏⴳⴻⵍ. ⵉ'ⵠⴻ ⵜⵔⴰⵠⴻⵍⴻⴷ ⴼⴰⵔ ⴰⵏⴷ ⵡⵉⴷⴻ ⵜo ⵀⴻⵍp ⵀⴻⵔ pⵔoⵜⴻⵛⵜ ⵜⵀⴻ pⴻopⵍⴻ oⵏ ⵜⵀⵉⵙ pⵍⴰⵏⴻⵜ. Pⴻopⵍⴻ ⵍⵉⴽⴻ ⵢoⵓ. ⵉ ⴽⵏoⵡ ⵉⵜ ⵎⴰⵢ ⴱⴻ ⵀⴰⵔⴷ ⴼoⵔ ⵢoⵓ ⵜo ⴰⵛⵛⴻpⵜ ⵜⵀⵉⵙ....ⴱⵓⵜ ⵢoⵓ ⴰⵔⴻ ⴰ ⴳooⴷ pⴻⵔⵙoⵏ. ⵜⵔⵓⵙⵜ ⵎⴻ. ⵉ'ⵎ ⴱⵓⵉⵍⵜ ⴼoⵔ ⴷⴻⵜⴻⵛⵜⵉⵏⴳ ⵜⵀⴻⵙⴻ ⵜⵀⵉⵏⴳⵙ. ⵢoⵓ ⵛoⵓⵍⴷⵏ'ⵜ ⵜⴰⵍⴽ ⵜo ⵎⴻ ⵜⵀⴻ ⵡⴰⵢ ⵢoⵓ ⴰⵔⴻ ⵏoⵡ ⵉⴼ ⵢoⵓ ⵀⴰⴷ ⴰ ⴱⴰⴷ ⵙpⵉⵔⵉⵜ. ⴽⵏoⵡ ⵜⵀⴰⵜ ⴽⵉⵜ ⵉⵙⵏ'ⵜ ⵊⵓⵙⵜ ⵀⴻⵔⴻ ⴼoⵔ ⵢoⵓ, ⵉ ⴰⵎ ⵜoo.

Kitsuki hoped that the Angel's speech would cheer Mitsu up or at the very least alleviate her suffering.

Translation: Hark! Be not afraid! My name is Zizz and you can think of me as Kitsuki's guardian angel. I've traveled far and wide to help her protect the people on this planet. People like you. I know it may be hard for you to accept this....but you are a good person. Trust me. I'm built for detecting these things. You couldn't talk to me the way you are now if you had a bad spirit. Know that kit isn't just here for you, I am too.

Character File

Post by Mitsukira Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:58 am

Mitsu cried and Kit listened. When Mitsu was finally finished speaking Kit didn’t say anything, she just leaned forward and hugged her. At first Mitsu was surprised and while she returned the embrace her grip was tentative and nervous, though eventually Mitsu would relax into the hug and bury her face in Kit’s shoulder as she continued to cry for a few seconds. Her sobbing quieted with Kitsuki’s comforting hug and when Kit pulled back to look her in the eye, the white haired woman’s tears had stopped and were drying on her pale cheeks.

Kit’s words were kind, though of course Mitsu didn’t believe them. It would take a long time for Mitsu to believe anyone when they said anything positive about her. It wasn’t a reflection on the person delivering the message, it spoke to the shattered self image that Mitsukira now had. Mitsu listened all the same, she didn’t want to be rude, but her heart rejected the message. She knew that she didn’t deserve to be happy, not after all the misery she had personally been responsible for in the world.

And then a curious thing happened, the Universe finally gave Mitsukira a concrete sign.

At first Mitsu didn’t see Zizz, she was a nigh invisible speck when she first flew out of Kitsuki’s hair, but as the tiny angel grew Mitsu’s pink eyes grew as well. Mitsu held out her hand as Kitsuki directed her and allowed Zizz to land there, staring in awe all the while. When Zizz ‘spoke’ Mitsu understood her perfectly, but not in the way one might normally understand speech. There was no sound or movement of breath and air, and yet Zizz’s voice resonated through Mitsu’s being, and as her ancient bones vibrated with the cosmic ‘voice’ Mitsu heard the Universe.

For the first time since she’d stopped dancing, Mitsu smiled. It felt to her as though everything she had firmly believed her entire life was finally validated. She had never required any validation or confirmation, she knew what she knew and it didn’t occur to her that she should look at it more critically or have any doubts. Now though, there was no power on heaven or earth that would be able to dissuade her from her beliefs in the Universe and its Grand Design.

New tears formed in Mitsu’s eyes as she gazed at Zizz, these were tears of joy, of the relief that comes when you didn’t know you needed relief. ⴱⵔⴰⵀⵎⴰⴰⵏⴷ ⵀⴰⵎⴻⵏ ⴰⴰⵙⵀⵛⵀⴰⵔⵢⴰⵛⵀⴰⴽⵉⵜ ⴽⴰⵔⴰⵜⴰ ⵔⴰⵀⴰⵜⴰ ⵀⴰⵉ This was all that Mitsu could convey without any knowledge or practice of the mystical language. A simple saying, one that she knew by rote from the teachings of her parents; a simplified version of the much longer concept, ‘The Universe does not behave according to our preconceived ideas. It continues to surprise us.’ She would then pull her eyes away from the tiny angel to look at Kitsuki, equal wonder in her eyes. “I can. . . understand, or hear. . . She? Said she’s your guardian angel. . . how, uh. . . why?” Mitsu’s voice was soft, the awe and reverence evident in her tone despite tripping over her words.

Dancing Queen:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:02 pm

Kit was glad that Mitsu felt comfortable enough to embrace her. It was her goal to be a ray of light for others. To be their strength when they faltered. Maybe it was chance that brought them together or perhaps it was fate. Either way, Kit was glad that it had happened. She wasn't sure there was anyone else on the Emporium so desperately in need of emotional support. Kit could tell that Mitsu was skeptical of what she had to say. The verbal abuse had taken its toll on her mind and she had a hard time believing anything good about herself.

Fortunately, what Kit's words could not convey, the presence of her Angel did. Kit watched as Mitsu's entire demeanor changed. She was smiling and now Kit was too. The tiny Angel nested in the palm of her hand and nodded at her sage wisdom. For even a celestial being as herself, the wonders of the Universe never ceased to amaze her. Mitsukira turned to Kit and asked about the mechanics of her existence in relation to herself. She had never told anyone the full story of how she came to met Zizz but somehow she felt as though she could trust Mitsu with this knowledge. The woman spoke Mende fluently and Zizz's intuition had never been wrong before. This kunoichi was of pure heart and would never do anything to betray her trust.

"Zizz is an alien from another world. She was created by a long lost people from a world far from ours. Her mission is to guide certain individuals and assist them in bringing peace and enlightenment to their own homeworlds...and to fight against invaders who seek to conquer and destroy. She arrived on this planet in a meteor... a piece of Hagoromo's Comet broke off and landed in Kiri. That's where I found her and she's been with me ever since. Zizz is a being of pure goodness and can communicate directly with those who have a pure heart." Kitsuki let the rest of the implication do the talking. Of course, if Mitsu had a Ph.D in classical and celestial mechanics then perhaps she could tune in to Zizz's signals but Kit doubted it. This one spoke with her heart first and foremost. "Think of it like a cosmic vibration....a way of tapping into your soul and conveying thoughts and ideas more pure than words could capture" it was a surprisingly eloquent explanation. Zizz giggled and chimed in: ⵢⴰ ⴰⴰp ⵉⵙⴻ ⵎⵉⵙⵜⵉⴽⴰⵍ ⵙpⴻⵙ ⵎⴰⵉⵊⵉⴽ ⵙpⴻⴻⴽ ⵙⴰⵎⴰⵊⵀ ⵙⴰⴽⴰⵜⴻ ⵀⴰⵉⵏ. She was familiar with the dialect that Mitsu was thinking in. It was very old and she guessed that Mitsu's birthplace was not actually Iwagakure. The Angel wanted to make her more comfortable and so she did her best to communicate in a way that felt familiar to her. Zizz leapt from Mitsu's hand to her shoulder where she'd remain for most of the evening if permitted. A reminder that she was here to help guide humanity. Not just at the global level, but at the individual as well.

"You see Mitsu? You aren't alone. You asked the Universe for an Angel, and instead of one you got two." Even though they were miles apart, Kit would make it her mission to look after this girl. To protect Mitsu in much the same way Zizz had protected her. She stood up and left for a moment so that the two could get acquainted. When she returned she carried a stack of menus. She knew food wasn't a panacea but it often helped.

"You hungry? I know a lot of great places in this city and no matter what you're craving, I can have it sent to us" Kit wasn't joking. The lengths restaurants would go to in order to impress a Princess was breathtaking. "I do know this one place that will make custom sushi rolls for us right here and their Itamae is..." Kit would begin to fan herself and mock faint insinuating that the sushi chef was as hot as the desert from which the Dancing Queen hailed. Hopefully the joke would brighten Mitsu and make her forget the woes she had been suffering from earlier.

Character File

Post by Mitsukira Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:29 pm

Mitsu was in awe as she listened to Kitsuki explain where Zizz had come from, an alien that apparently landed on their planet along with Hagoromo’s Comet years before. The idea that there were entire races that sought to protect humans was fascinating and further reinforced her beliefs in the Grand Design and the Universe. As Zizz chimed in to help explain how Mitsukira could understand the tiny angel, Mitsu giggled. “Magic Speak. I like that.” The white haired kunoichi folded her hands in her lap as Zizz leapt to her shoulder and smiled after Kitsuki as she left the room. ⴷⵀⴰⵏⵢⴰⵠⴰⴰⴷ, ⵣⵉⵣ. ⴰⴰpⴰⵏⴻ ⵎⵓⵊⵀⴻ ⴰⴰⵙⵀⴰ ⴷⴻⴻ ⵀⴰⵉ, ⴰⵓⵔ ⵎⵓⵊⵀⴻ ⵏⴰⵀⵉⵏ pⴰⵜⴰ ⵜⵀⴰ ⴽⵉ ⵎⵓⵊⵀⴻ ⵉⵙⴰⴽⴻⴻ ⴰⴰⵠⴰⵙⵀⵢⴰⴽⴰⵜⴰ ⵀⴰⵉ. Mitsu found it easy to make herself understood now that she had some understanding of how the ‘magic speak’ worked.

Once Kitsuki came back to the room with a stack of menus, Mitsu would nod excitedly. She was actually quite hungry, as it turned out crying used up quite a bit of energy and she needed to replace that energy somehow. She even giggled goodnaturedly as Kitsuki described how incredibly good the Itamae was. “Pretty hungry, yes. I don’t mean to impose though. Whatever you want is fine with me, Kitsuki.” Mitsu would allow Kitsuki to order anything she wanted, although she hesitated at conveying her wants to her host, as it had been made quite clear to her over the years that wanting anything for herself was unacceptable. Once food had been ordered and with Zizz sitting on her shoulder she felt more peace than usual when her old fear reared its ugly head, so she attempted to explain her hesitation to her new friend. “You’ve been very kind, and believe me when I say that my fear is not of you. It’s. . . him. The man I rule with. . .” She would laugh at the irony of her statement and shake her head before continuing. The phrase ‘rule with’ implied an equal share of power and responsibility, but that was not at all what the Diarchy looked like in practice, it only existed like that on paper. It occurred to her that Kitsuki had trusted her with a staggering secret, a secret which currently sat on her shoulder, and she felt calm enough presently to reciprocate the Angelic Princess’ trust.

With a defeated sigh Mitsu would continue. “Chen. His name is Chen and I honestly couldn’t tell you why but he’s always been angered by me. I suspect that I’m to blame, I do have a habit of messing everything up. . .” If permitted Mitsu would continue to explain her dealings with Chen and how they had led her to today - when she felt uncomfortable choosing food for herself. She told of their first mission together and how he had tried to convince her to murder a civilian, of how he had attempted to murder her in the Tsuchikage complex, and of every instance of failure on her part that led to anger on his part. She left out anything that was unrelated to her experiences with Chen directly, not wanting to tell stories that weren’t hers to tell. The entire time she spoke she fiddled with her hands in her lap, not brave enough to look up she kept her gaze focused downwards. Unlike previously though there were no tears as she told her story, besides having cried enough for a lifetime earlier, she felt oddly detached from the story she told - as though it had happened to someone else. This was a defense mechanism that Mitsu was not aware of, something her mind did to keep her safe. Once she was finished she would finally look up and speak in whisper. “Please don’t tell anyone though, I can’t risk Chen finding out.”

Dancing Queen:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:40 pm

ⴽⵉⵙⴻⴻ ⴱⵀⴻⴻ ⵙⴰⵎⴰⵢ! the Angel replied with glee. Kit was glad that Mitsukira had taken her up on her offer for dinner. She ordered some of her favorite foods which mainly consisted of sushi, fish, and some of the best veggie comfort food that you could ask for. She of course took Mitsu's tastes into account as well. The Suna native was apparently fond of dried fruits and so Kit made sure to order a platter of that. The Diarch was so timid about her own desires that it made Kit feel bad. Once the food had been ordered, Kit sat back down next to Mitsu. She wasn't going to force her new friend to open up about her woes but insofar as Mitsu wanted to talk, she'd always have the Princess's ear.

She identified her abuser as being a young man named Chen. Kitsuki listened without giving an adverse reaction. She knew by now how sensitive Mitsu was and if she started to lose her temper then it would only cause her to panic. The stories though were enough to send her into a rage. The horrible names, the brazen attempts at intimidation, the desperate plays to isolate her and keep her from others. This Chen was a monster. A cancer on Iwa's government and if this was the kind of person that Masaru had chosen to be his protege then either the man was just as corrupt or Chen was a skilled manipulator. Either way, Kit was compelled to protect Mitsukira from him. She worried that given his escalating abuse it was only a matter of time before he opted to get rid of her altogether.

If Sayuri was strong enough to overpower me then perhaps she might have tried some of the same things.... They weren't the exact same but the similarities were both striking and disturbing. From Mitsu's description of their battle in the throne room it sounded like the goth wasn't as powerful as he thought himself to be.

Unfortunately, given her mental state, he might as well have been. Mitsu might be strong enough to hold him off but she lacked the drive to truly throw him out of power. She was a good soul that detested violence. Even if she was stronger than him, he'd use her own pacifism against her. It was a difficult situation that left the Dancing Queen with few options. As infuriating as it all was, Kitsuki could not openly intervene in Iwa's affairs. Chen was still a sovereign leader and peace had just been achieved. Her own political situation was tenuous and arresting Chen would probably invite disaster. When Mitsukira asked Kit to keep this story private, the WASP graduate reluctantly nodded.

I cannot betray her trust. If she isn't comfortable with anyone else knowing then I have to respect that. But it doesn't mean I have to sit idly by and allow her to be abused.

"I won't." she said with soft confidence. "Your secret's safe with me. But I care about you and I promised you that I wouldn't let any harm come to you." She couldn't formally invite the Diarch away from Iwa but she could do something else. Something rather clever. "...if you ever feel unsafe. You are welcome to take a vacation in Kiri." Kit hoped that Mitsu would pick up on her sub-text. An extended vacation from hell might be what she needed to keep her happy, and more importantly, alive. "I can send Zizz to check in on you once a week...Discreetly." ⵎⴰⵉⵏ ⵙⵉⴽⵓⴷ ⵙⴰⴽⴰⵜⴰ ⵀooⵏ. ⵛⵀⴻⵏ ⵎⵓⵊⵀⴻ ⴷⴻⴽⵀ ⵢⴰ ⴷⵀooⵏⴷⵀ ⵏⴰⵀⵉⵏ pⴰⴻⴳⴰ. ⵍⴻⴽⵉⵏ ⵜⵓⵎ ⵎⵓⵊⵀⴻ ⵙⵓⵏ pⴰoⴳⴻ.. She took Mitsu's hands in her own again. She hoped the physical comfort would reassure her. "]You aren't alone in this. We will get past Chen together." She avoided using violent terms. There were things that Kit wanted to do to this piece of trash. Things that the Headmaster likely would not have approved of. And that was before she had found out that he was an Ōtsutsuki. Kit nodded to Zizz and they both knew what needed to be done. They'd gather more information on this "Chen." They wouldn't reveal anything to anyone, but they'd slowly build a strategy for dealing with him. Mitsu needed to be protected and the borders of man would not keep them away from this shining jewel. "The Universe protects its own." Kitsuki would hug her closely. If there was anything that Mitsu wanted to share then Kit would continue listening. If not, Kit would go into a bit more detail about her own woes. Unlike Mitsu, she wasn't as emotional and so she avoided naming names for political reasons. She still spoke in enough detail to convey the complexities of her own life though.

She talked about her missing sister Katsumi, her time studying at the Sukimori School of War, Art, Science and Philosophy, her battle against the previous Mizukage and her one time friend Chigetsu Hozuki and her falling out with a certain alien Princess. She'd talk about a dark mistress of cruelty who had aligned herself with an even darker being. The two had formed a cult in Kiri that was growing in strength and popularity. Kit's ability to contain them through peaceful means were failing and soon a confrontation would be forced. Kitsuki spoke about how much she had lost from the war, the things she had had to do, the people she had tried to save from the isles of the Mist to the mountains of the Stone. She talked about how it all threatened to crush her even with Zizz helping with the load. Unfortunately, this was their cross to bear. The ninja world was anything but kind to shinobi and civilians. There was no mercy for the people and so none could be expected for its leadership. In the luxurious high rise apartment, Kit formed a bond with Mitsukira. They were two young women who were royalty in their own right and they were just trying to navigate a dark world.

Eventually the food would arrive. When it did, Kitsuki and Mitsukira would be presented with a delightful treat. Hopefully something that would cheer their spirits, dry their tears, and sooth their heartache. The sushi chef that had brought them their food was rather dashing and chivalrous. He kissed each of their hands and proceeded to put on a miniature show for them as he served them some of the most delightful foods that the Desert and Islands had to offer. Once the food was consumed, they'd have a chance to engage in more light conversation and perhaps even some laughter. Mitsu would have Kit's permission to stay the night. In fact, Kit would probably insist. She wasn't going to take any chances tonight. Her friend was in low spirits and going home alone on an evening like this might not have been the best for her mental health. She'd be offered a luxurious guest room and Kit would make it a point to sleep in an adjacent room. It wasn't as large and spacious as the Master Suite but it was close. If any nightmares or bad vibes were had, Kit would be able to get to Mitsu in a heartbeat. Whether she spent the night or not, Kit would be sure to wish her friend good fortunes upon her departure.

The encounter had left Kitsuki feeling troubled but somehow hopeful. She could make a difference on the world stage but more importantly, she could make a difference in someone's life. Their bond would inspire her to greatness even when all seemed lost. Inspiration she'd soon need given the fight to come.

[End Thread]

Character File

Post by Mitsukira Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:23 am

Mitsu had cheered up considerably since Zizz had made an appearance, and the addition of her favourite foods made it all the better. Eventually when she had the courage to tell Kitsuki everything she was terrified that Kitsuki might not agree to keep these secrets to herself. Which she supposed would have been fair, since she hadn’t started by asking that her words be kept secret. But when Kitsuki promised to keep her secrets safe, Mitsukira breathed an audible sigh of relief. “Thank you, Kitsuki. I would love to hear from Zizz. And as for visiting. . . I may take you up on that one day.” She had never really considered just leaving Iwagakure, the thought had crossed her mind once or twice, but only in moments of great fear or pain. And those thoughts were always overwritten by her need to protect her people. But that was before she’d made friends with someone who offered her a safe place elsewhere. . . it was something to think about.

She accepted Kitsuki’s hug gratefully, reluctantly releasing the princess to allow her time to speak. Mitsu listened as Kitsuki divulged the heartaches that she had; the battle for control of Kirigakure, her missing sister, the fallout between her and her friends, and a mysteriously unnamed abuser not unlike Chen. Mitsu felt fresh tears prick at her eyes as her heart broke for her new friend. She couldn’t imagine being forced to fight like that, of losing family or of being forced to stand by as dark forces took over her home. “I’m so sorry Kitsuki. Anything you need from me, anything at all, I will give to ease your burden. Just say the word and I will aid you with everything in my power, the Universe as my witness.” Mitsu’s face had grown deadly serious as she vowed to help her friend, she could not abide injustice and as far as she could see this was injustice to the highest degree.

Kitsuki owed Mitsukira nothing, and yet had taken her into her home and treated her like royalty without even asking for anything in return. That type of kindness was rare, Mitsu knew. She sought to spread that same kindness everywhere she went, giving hope where she could, like rain to the desert. To find it in someone else gave Mitsu some hope of her own, and she felt the stir of righteousness to keep that kindness protected. She would allow the seriousness of her vow to settle for a few moments, only to be interrupted by the entrance of their food.

Mitsukira enjoyed the showmanship of the sushi chef, as well as all the delicious foods that were offered. After eating her fill she felt her heart lighten once more and a joyous smile returned to her face. She accepted the invitation for her to spend the night, after insistence from Kitsuki, she didn’t want to impose. The room was lavish and comfortable at the same time, and she fell asleep right away, a combination of physical and mental exhaustion. Her sleep was fitful and more than once Mitsu would cry out in her sleep, though she never fully woke up. When her and Kitsuki finally parted ways, she gave her usual parting, though this time it felt more intimate as Kit seemed to understand what she meant.  “May the Universe guide you, always.” She had made a friend, and although that gave her hope for the future she returned home to Iwagakure with a new worry - she now had something else to lose.

[Exit Thread]

Dancing Queen:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:24 am