Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A Clash of Blades and Minds (Oda, HE Event Thread)

Oda
    Oda

Village : Minor Nation

A Clash of Blades and Minds (Oda, HE Event Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Clash of Blades and Minds (Oda, HE Event Thread)

Post by Oda Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:07 am

Oda would watch with pale white eyes. His opponent gaining distance. Good instincts had told this one that approaching Oda was dangerous even in such a simple stance. He would smile and watch. Valen was interesting to say the least. A newer swordsman by the look of it and he hadn't trained formally as Oda had all his life. But his instincts and reflexes kept him on par. Still he would watch him with a tilted head as he sheathed his sword. He was up to something. Oda would rise from his position and shift into a drawing stance himself. Pale eyes watching and considering as he held his kendo stance. He wasn't sure what this one was planning but he could sense danger. His sensory was active so he sensed the katon chakra gathering even as only three hand seals were drawn. This fighter was turning to Ninjutsu? As a Samurai he hated it. Ninjutsu was the cause for a great deal of ruin for the samurai. These nations teaching their children to bring forth ruin upon their enemies without restraint. Handing over immense power to slaughter dozens in seconds. He hated Ninjutsu and felt rage pooling within him.

As the flames shot towards him Oda reacted as needed. His sword was drawn and as it was red filled his eyes. In a second his sword coated in flames would lash out and he would hold it before him. Splitting a great deal of the fire to either side of him though some still got through and burned the flesh on his face and hands. Not enough that his regeneration wasn't already handling it though. Even as he burned his skin healed until all the fire had been dispersed to either side of him. He stood there with the last of his burned skin healing over as red eyes stared at Valen. That calm man from before had seemed a distant memory. Flames flickered around him and along his sword as those red eyes stared at Valen with immense rage. He had not lied when he said that drawing his blade held a weight. His code had been broken when he drew the blade and for a moment the heat in the area only seemed to build even as the fires died down. The sand along the path of the fire and under Oda cracked slightly. Partially turned to glass from the heat.

Still he would let out a breath as steam escaped his mouth from either side. The flames flickering out on the masterful Odachi before he would sheath it and sigh. The heat only dying down as he forced himself to put the sword away. His soul cried out to finish the battle but he could not allow rage to overwhelm him. Instead he would take a moment to take a deep breath before closing his eyes and opening them again. Revealing the red had faded from his own eyes to the pale white iris from before. He would tuck his sword back into his waist sash and smile sheepishly.

"Ahh it seems I have lost. I drew my blade and as such I apologize. It is against my code to do so without intending to use it for its intended purpose. Though I was rather enjoying our swordplay. That Ninjutsu you used finished it."

Renown:
    Ryo: 670,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
      Constitution: B
      Stamina: S
      Speed: C
      Coordination: B
      Intelligence: D
      Perception:  B

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3726-hinode-oda-updates
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3725-hinode-oda
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3726-hinode-oda-updates
    Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fire, Water, Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo:

A Clash of Blades and Minds (Oda, HE Event Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Clash of Blades and Minds (Oda, HE Event Thread)

Post by Valen Minamoto Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:06 am

As the fire leapt from his mouth, pouring out to rush toward his target he would hear the draw of steel upon a sheathe and the stream of flames he spat from him lips split down the middle. The twin streams now moving to the left and right of the samurai as his sword, now also coated in fire held ready. The shining metal of the blade covered by the fires he had conjured upon it as Valen had done so twice before. The red in his opponents edge put the shorter swordsman on edge and he stopped streaming the fire as he held his sword ready to defend against attack. He wasn't certain if his opponents claim that even his sheathed weapon could break his weapon was true but if it was than his unloosed one would probably cut right through it. However that didn't particularly perturb Valen. Fighting was fighting, there were no rules in it and that meant if Oda wanted to break Valen's sword to win the spar he was fully capable and allowed to do so. Valen would simply get another one issued from the armory at Kirigakure without trouble. Such things did happen after all and as such the armory held a stockpile.

The anger that flowed in his opponents eyes surprised Valen though. Why was he so angry now? Was it because Valen had used ninjutsu? They hadn't had a rule in place that he could not that he could remember. He had just been using kenjutsu only because it was his preferred method of fighting however that had clearly proven to be ineffective. So he used another tool at his command. It had clearly gotten a reaction from the man though and while Valen was prepared to defend himself he did not press the attack. He would wait, eyes noting the sand at the man's feet having undergone partial transformation into glass. However just quickly as the answer had come it would go. Oda would take a deep breath, steam expelling from the sides of his mouth and the flames upon his longer weapon would vanish. Closing his eyes and reopening them revealed the red within his eyes had faded and he would sheathe the weapon before smiling as if he had been caught red handed.

Then he would..concede? So drawing his blade had not been due to not wanting to break Valen's weapon, it had been because he couldn't? What a strange rule. Red eyes would blink in confusion before sheathing his own weapon, the steel like slither of a weapon being set into his housing resounding throughout the quiet area as all eyes watched on. Valen would shrug at the man, confusion still evident in his eyes. "No apology necessary. I did not intend to make you angry. If the intent was for the spar to be purely kenjutsu I wasn't aware. I apologize." He would say, moving closer to the man and eventually stopping. He stood just to the right of him from Oda's own perspective but a little ahead of him. "There's an open table up there. Wanna sit down and chat?" He would ask, eyebrow raised. Otherwise appeared interested in the field now that they were done and Valen wouldn't want to keep those who wanted to fight waiting. He understood the desire too much to want to do that.

[5]

Renown: 9,250
    Ryo: 8,750,000
    Stats:
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A+
    • Speed: A
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: C
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Outdated at this point
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:13 am

The explanation was presented and Oda smiled. Of course this one who did not know what a Samurai was would know little of their troubles. Their history. Or how Ninjutsu had wronged them. Oda would nod his head at the offer to sit at a table. He was after all the loser in this match as he had broken his own code. It was natural to submit to the wishes of a winner. Though many of his people would be furious and attempt to attack. Or show some surprising reservation as he did. Kiyoko always surprised him in that way. He had thought her a woman driven by hate and spite. He had considered her mighty but without love left in her heart. However having spent time with her he understood her love was for her people. Her rage was at the actions taken against them. It was proper for her to be their diplomat. She was the guardian oak against the storm and her will would keep her standing strong and not giving in to something mightier than them. The major nations. Iwa and Suna being owned as the same land left Iron in the middle of that but he knew she would handle it well. Perhaps even profit.

"Yes. Tea is always a wonderful beverage for a conversation."

He would turn and head for a nearby table. Along his way he would collect two bottles of water, two tea cups, a kettle and a small bit of honey. Purchasing what he had to but borrowing what he was allowed. He would either arrive at the table or join Valen if he didn't walk with him. Setting it down and pouring the water into the tea kettle. Keeping the level a little below the spigot line. From within his robes he would pull out what appeared to be tea bags filled with almost needles of tea. Three of them.

"Ahh I had feared the fire may have harmed them. These are hand rolled green tea leaves. It takes time and practice to keep them this green. The manufactured stuff just isn't as pure of a taste. Though I like to sweeten it with honey."

Oda would settle despite his clothes being burned off in places. Patches here and there revealing flawless unmarred skin. One may even assume he had never suffered a single injury. Valen would know better at least. Oda would dip the tea bags into the water before capping it and using the cap to hold the strings attached to the bag. The tea mixing into the water would give the air a slight scent of the freshness of these leaves. When Oda would cap his hand around the back of the kettle quickly it would turn to a burning red hot and fade as steam slowly began to escape. The steam slowing down from the flash boil but still very hot water. Oda would smile before sitting himself. His Odachi placed next to him. Leaning against hi shoulder. Warm eyes with a warm smile would meet Valen as he spoke again.

"Tell me Valen, What do you know of war? Why it begins and what is gained? I don't see ambition in you so I wonder what brings one such as you to seek out a path which is designed for war."

Renown:
    Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3726-hinode-oda-updates
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3725-hinode-oda
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3726-hinode-oda-updates
    Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:06 am

Valen would follow Oda toward a table and as the man stopped to get supplies for the tea Valen himself would move toward the table and sit. Before doing so he would pull out the man's own chair to make sitting down easier and then take a seat himself. He would watch as the man filled a tea pot with water. Once he had done that he would reach into his robes and pull out what looked like three bags filled with tea. Valen looked at them carefully, they hadn't looked like any tea leaves he had ever seen. However given that they were going to be drinking the beverage together and they were in the middle of so many witnesses he doubted the man intended to poison him. Besides, he didn't seem like the type to do so. So Valen would watch as the man put the tea bags into the pot and place both hands onto it before heating it immediately with fire release chakra. Valen would nod his head in understanding at this point. Now seeing what the different within the appearance of the tea in the bags had been.

They were simply very fresh, and as Oda said, hand rolled, probably personally. Once the man had the pot at a boil he would turn to his diminutive companion and give him a warm smile before asking Valen a question that the young swordsman wouldn't expect. The young shinobi would consider the question carefully, tilting his head to the side a bit in curiosity as he considered. Why did he become a shinobi? What did he know of war? Nothing that was pretty much for certain. He had never partaken in the hostilities of the war that had just ended. So he had never experienced any of it first hand. He knew of brief, vicious combat from his work in the Nightmare Brigade but he otherwise didn't know anything about war itself. His eyes would look up toward the sky as he considered, trying to find the best before finally shrugging. "I know nothing of war. The reason I chose the path I'm on is because it seemed the best option for me. I was a slave until a few years ago. I was freed by Kirigakure shinobi and brought to the village. I was taught and cared for by a retired shinobi. Learning things from him was simply inevitable I suppose. However when he passed away I had no other skills to rely on. So I entered the Academy and graduated. Now I simply want to be strong, to fight strong opponents in battle. I rather enjoy doing so and want to continue to do so. Getting stronger will mean better fights, and that's what I want. So, I look for challenges and ways to gain strength." He would say, giving the best answer he could.

Dropping his gaze back to Oda he would speak again. "Why do you ask? For that matter, how did you end up on the path you're on? How did you become a Samurai?" He would ask, his curiosity in that regard piqued. He had assumed up till that point that the only thing that could go toe to toe with a shinobi was another shinobi. This man however not only did not use the title of the 'shinobi' but seemed to also dislike the use of ninjutsu as a whole. So Valen was inevitably curious about Samurai.

[6]

Stats:

Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:08 pm

Oda would listen to the words of one who had been born and bred as a slave. He spoke of a retired shinobi taking him in. Of learning to fight and enjoying fighting strong opponents. Oda could relate he supposed. His own clan had been enslaved for their abilities for a great deal of time. Well before his own birth. Though only less than a century had passed since then. The elders aged slower so the memories and stories were shared from a first hand point of view. Much like this one they had been slaves. Their blood being used to immortalize those in power. To heal grievous wounds of the soldiers returning from bloody battles. Oda wondered at times if they had simply fought back sooner if their torment wouldn't have been so terrible. One might even have considered them holy beings sent to heal those in need. However their legacy had been one of fear first. Even now as the clan leader they had been hesitant to follow him in following this new Shogun. Kensai was a wise and good man but he was a recluse a lot of the time as well. Though...hosting the summit had brought his name into history.

The sweet scent of the tea cooking hit his nostrils and he breathed it in. It was a calming scent and almost like that of sugar. He smiled as he took in the scent and contemplated the young mans words. He was a fighter but cared little for the bigger picture. He didn't seem to mind who he fought so long as they were strong and held no ambition aside from strength. Oda held some concern for if that meant others would seek to use Valen for their own ends. But in the end everyone tried to use someone for their own gain. Oda would be foolishly clinging to pride if he didn't think others had uses for him as well. He was a lord after all and held a key for a bloodline similar to immortality within his influence. Still Valen would continue to ask his questions now and pearl white eyes with black centers would shift to look into Valens eyes. He was uneducated and young. That he didn't even know of Samurai was surprising. Still Oda did not mind answering questions. And the tea was still cooking anyway. Spreading the flavors into the water. Cooling it so it wouldn't singe the tongue.

"As for me, I was born into it. My family consists of many samurai and my father before me was head of my clan. I am the eldest son so naturally it falls to me to lead the clan now. We live within the Iron nation and there are no shinobi there. Most of us hold hate and fear for the shinobi world for their cruelty and greed. Acting without honor for their own gain. Samurai is one who acts with honor and puts their all into being a good warrior and person. It is not simply learning the blade but also when to use it and when not to. Wars come and go and we survive. I ask you of your thoughts on war Valen, because you are already strong. Your instincts serve you well in a fight and I am sure others have noticed. They will seek to use you in their wars at some point. I would like to think though that a true warrior...one who understands what it is to suffer, would choose when to use his sword and when to stand for something else. You were a slave but you said you were rescued from that life. So I urge you to choose your battles."

Renown:
    Stats:

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:00 am

Valen would listen to the man speak quietly, red eyes never leaving the man's pale ones. He spoke of how he had been born into being a samurai. How there were no shinobi in the Iron Nation and how some in the nation lived in hatred and fear of shinobi because of their cruelty and greed. Some things however did not seem to make much sense to Valen though. Although he would continue to listen. When Oda told him that he was already strong the red eyed shinobi would frown. That might be Oda’s opinion, but it certainly wasn’t Valens. He still had a long way to go in his estimation. When told he would eventually be used for war and that he should choose his battles he would finally give a shrug. “Who’s to say if I’ll be used for war?” He would begin with simply as he looked up at the sky and idly watched a cloud pass by. It wasn’t much higher than the Emporium itself, which wouldn’t be a surprise given that the city was floating.

“The military of the villages are run by people. I’m expected to be loyal to those who command me and give me orders. If I’m told to go to war, I will. I wouldn’t bother choosing my battles. Because I would have orders to go to those battles regardless. If I don’t, I’d simply be a deserter, and either imprisoned or killed.” He would continue, leaning his chair back on two legs and balancing them idly as he spoke. His words weren’t particularly well thought out. Simply the way he saw it. “If I understood what you said before correctly, then there are some fundamental differences between Shinobi and Samurai. One of the most glaring of which is that being a shinobi is a job. While being a Samurai seems more like a lifestyle choice. You choose to life your life by that code you spoke of, every day. I chose to become a shinobi, I chose to sign up and join the military of the nation I ended up living in. You were born and raised, and still choose to live as a Samurai.” He would pause, obviously trying to formulate his words.

“You spoke of shinobi acting without honor or for their own gain. Spoke of shinobi as a whole for their cruelty and greed. Yet shinobi are people, I doubt every Samurai has been as driven by the honor you speak of as you are. I’d be willing to bet that some aren’t as valorous as you, or even as good as you with a weapon. I’d be willing to bet there are those who would call themselves Samurai who also have greed and their own gain in their hearts. You might say that they aren’t ‘Samurai’ then. Just as I can easily say those ‘shinobi’ who only look to themselves aren’t really ‘Shinobi’. We follow the orders of our leaders. We progress, gain strength, and prepare constantly for coming battles. We protect our lands and the people within them. We seek to remove those who would harm innocents. In the end how different is that from the honor you spoke of?” He would ask, turning his red eyed gaze back to Oda. “I’m probably not making much sense. I’m not good at debates like this and they tend to quickly go over my head. But it seems to me that the core of each system is the same. ‘Gain strength’, ‘Protect what we have’, and ‘Punish the criminals’. We just have different styles of going about it, and yes, there are people in the world who make use of the power they have for their own gain. That doesn’t mean every one of the people in either system are bad or should be feared, hated, or discriminated against.” He would finish, finally falling silent. The shade of the cloud would move over them, covering them in it’s darkened cast for a few moments as Valen awaited Oda’s response to his words.

[7]

Stats:

Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:35 am

Oda would listen quietly for a time. Choosing to listen instead of jumping to conclusions or to defense. If one argued when their views were questioned immediately often did not listen enough to understand the other side. For a moment Oda wondered if Kiyoko had mastered this long ago with her dealings. She was after all the ambassador and thus spoke with others on an entirely different playing field. This however was a pleasant conversation without much in the way of repercussion. If anything it was enlightening to actually speak with a shinobi instead of hate them. Even if he was taught to since he was born. back before the outpost fell to kiri forces. Back before the slaughter of those defending it...before it opened its gates as Kensai found it...rebuilt it. His backers were a mystery to Oda still but the man held both power and honor to a higher degree than anyone Oda had met before. Still this one was young and his views on the world were different. His upbringing was different from Odas and so such a view held value to listen to. So Oda would nod before speaking. He was careful not to change his tone or raise his voice. It was just a discussion after all.

"I suppose if it is our duty, we cannot always choose our battles. Sometimes those who command us hold that right. In this way shinobi and Samurai are indeed alike. A valid point Valen. As for your words about individual behavior, you seem to have predicted my argument against it. Even going so far as to state the same could be said of shinobi. While true, a shinobi without honor still may have uses to their Kage. Corrupt or otherwise the shinobi are used and still called shinobi. It isn't a name of honor it is simply what they are. The Samurai can not be a Samurai without a master to serve. Much like how you have your Kage we have our shogun. We follow him because we believe he holds his honor to a higher standard. A samurai who strays from this standard fails their master. If this comes to pass and he loses his honor he will no longer serve a master. He will be disgraced and called a ronin. Ahh smell that Valen? The tea is ready."

Oda would smile and collect the two clay cups before picking up the tea pot. Pouring the steaming hot tea into Valens cup first and then into his own after. Setting the tea pot aside he would lift his cup and inhale the aroma. It was heavenly and to a much higher standard than the average tea sold at market. The effort into this tea was superb. Another practice Oda liked to enjoy. Still he would sip it before sighing in relief and commenting further.

"If not a shinobi you would have made a decent philosopher or even a scholar. Your mind works differently because you hadn't much need of it before I think. Now that you are free to think for yourself, the world seems limitless I imagine. So much information and only the barest forms of looking at a subject. Take this tea. One may say its just tea. As any other tea may be. But it is not. There was more effort here. More time and expertise. Someone learned a way to harvest this differently to make something superior. So while it is tea, it is not the average tea. There are more levels of depth to it. As there are with most people too."

Renown:
    Stats:

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:41 pm

Valen would listen to the man’s words carefully, his red eyes never leaving the mans pale ones if able. What he said seemed to boil down into ‘honor’ again. The samurai no longer being ‘samurai’ if they did not have ‘honor’ and being ‘ronin’ instead. Whereas even shinobi without honor would still be shinobi. But didn’t that still tie back into Valen’s original point of the two being different? Being a shinobi was a job, being a Samurai seemed to be a lifestyle. The two couldn’t fairly be compared without running into some serious problems. Although that was as far as Valen’s overall intelligence could take the thought process. Except for one thing though. Tilting his head curiously to the side as Oda commented that the tea was ready and filled two cups. Valen would speak, politely of course. The man was sharing a drink with him after all, and one he had apparently prepared for well in advance.

“You mention a ‘Shogun’. Is that a single individual? By that I mean do you have more than one? Or are all Samurai led by a single person? If so, are you suggesting that Shinobi should be led by a singular individual as well?” He would ask curiously, his red eyes watching as Oda filled his cup and then Oda’s own. It was a habit at this point to watch someone pour a drink for you. Or even obtain food for you. So ingrained into his body that he didn’t think of it. On one hand, it could be taken as an insult as the purpose of watching was to ensure the drink or food was not poisoned or tampered with. Which suggested a lack of trust. On the other hand, Valen knew the drink wasn’t poisoned. Or at least that Oda hadn’t added anything in when he poured it.

Valen lifted his cup after adding a bit of honey to it and took a sip. It tasted better than any tea he’d had before and he took a moment to blink in surprise at that as the liquid washed over his taste buds. Oda would comment on the tea, and Valen himself perhaps being a decent scholar or philosopher. Although Valen wasn’t interested in either of those callings. He just wanted strong fights, and to understand things more. Would that make him a scholar anyway? He frowned slightly in thought at that before shrugging to himself and taking another sip. “So you’re saying while I’m unlearned now, with time, patience, and effort, I’ll become smarter and more agile of mind?” He would ask, an eyebrow raised in curiosity as he asked the question.

[8]

Stats:

Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:32 pm

Oda would smile as he sipped his own tea. The flavor was heavenly as was the company and conversation. The air itself likely would have been brisk if not for Oda and possibly Valen seated as they were. With Oda consistently giving off the heat he produced from his strange connection to his katon chakra. Which benefited him greatly in the Iron nation. Him and whoever was with Oda was rarely afflicted by the cold and snow cleared from his path. His domain was wherever he stood because of it within the Iron nation. He was seen as a source of warmth both literally and figuratively. So he would listen to Valens question as he pondered it. Some would say such a question was itself questionable. After all the concept of one leader for a nation defied certain national governments. It wasn't necessarily right or wrong but the question was is that how it should be? Oda would add a couple more drops of honey to his tea as he pondered it and stirred it with a small spoon. Spreading the sweet and sticky substance until it diluted fully into the liquid. Tea itself was bitter and honey made it better.

"Our shogun is a single person yes. A leader we all look to for guidance and also the one who makes the hard choices. In the past there have been others but it only leads to conflict in our history. As for shinobi I can't say if there should be only one or not. In most countries there is only one Kage a lot of the time. However the mortality rate of that position is alarmingly high. However both Iwagakure and Kirigakure have currently adopted a system with more than one leader. Iwa has two and Kiri has three. That said likely I suspect there is conflict there as well. Different views on how one should lead."

With that said Oda would sip his tea and swallow before humming his satisfaction. His pale eyes glancing to the liquid happily before glancing back to those red eyes. Eyes like his when he prepared for battle. He wondered if Valen was simply always ready to fight. His upbringing likely had his life put on the line a lot. If Oda were to guess he would say Valen didn't hold a lot of value on life. Even his own. Still he would pose his next question and Oda would smile. This kid sure was charming. A formal education would do him some good but Oda did not mind sharing his opinions.

"In a summary yes. All of us always have room for growth. To assume you know all or are invincible is to invite destruction over your own pride. No one is infallible and there is always going to be a weakness one must be aware of. If you know what your weakness is you can guard against it or even prepare for it. We all grow and we all fail from time to time. It is a fulfilled life to always seek out this growth. "

Renown:
    Stats:

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:34 am

Valen would listen to the pale eyed man as he answered his question on the Shogun and responded with his own thoughts. The idea of the entire shinobi world following one individual seemed ludicrous to Valen. That was just so much space, and so many people for one individual to reign over. It just seemed like too much to him. Tilting his head to the side as he considered what kind of implications might be involved in such a thing he wouldn't get far before he simply reached too far out of his depth. He was smarter than he had been when he started his shinobi career to be sure. Sayuri had helped him with that by answering questions for him. No matter how stupid or inane they might be. However he still had his limits and while Oda's own words and such had helped the young man ask better questions than normal he was at a loss when it came to attempting to consider the ramifications of such things in the world as the shinobi world being governed by a single individual. So he pushed that concept out of his mind.

Quietly Valen would down more of his tea, drinking at a faster pace than Oda by virtue of having far less patience and wanting to constantly be moving than the older man. Valen wanted to be moving, wanted to be training or moving onto the next task. He could be still and quiet for hours at a time on a mission or when it had something to do with training. However when it came to idle conversation he was indeed at a disadvantage when it came to this particular department. When Oda commented on everyone's capability to always progress the young man would nod in understanding. It made sense, you could always learn more than what you knew. Even if your body peaked out at a certain point your mind could always become ever sharper. Your skill with a blade could always become more complete even if your bodies own capability of wielding that weapon had peaked as well. Such as the speed of a swing, or the power of a blow. To be honest, the idea that people could always progress excited Valen. It meant he could constantly progress, constantly get stronger, smarter, better. That meant he would hopefully find better opponents to challenge him. Which is something the swordsman wanted desperately.

Idly he would look down into his teacup and blink in surprise to find it empty. He had enjoyed the drink and wanted more of it. However he was not going to ask Oda for another cup of the tea the man had personally hand rolled into bags and learned how to brew to perfection. So he would set the empty cup aside and turn toward Oda. "You're words about constantly growing gives me hope and excitement about finding future strong challenge Oda-san. Thank you for the spar, the tea, and the conversation. However I must take my leave of you now. I feel I'm getting anxious to get moving again and so I'm going to either go find a private training ground to progress or study up on more techniques to learn so that I might be better prepared. I hope we see each other again in the future." He would say, standing and turning toward the samurai and giving him a polite bow. The man had shared his tea, his insights, and a sparring circle with him. A respectful bow was the least he could do. Once that was done he would turn and leave, moving to do exactly as he had stated before and track down a more private venue to train.

Exit

[9]

Stats:

Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:22 am

Oda would listen to the young man as he sounded encouraged and exuberant. Despite the spar they just had he seemed filled with energy. For oda his regenerative capabilities kept him fairly energetic and he had stamina for days. Still he would be thanked for all of it before the young man excused himself and ran off. Valen was certainly a colorful character. If anything he was driven to grow stronger so he could face more difficult challenges. All in order to grow even stronger. It was a cycle that usually ended one way. He would die one day facing something too much for him and do so willingly. Likely enjoying it in the process. But a kiri swordsman was hardly his concern. Pale eyes watched as the young man left before Oda would reach into his coat. Pulling out a notebook and a pen and jotting down what he had learned of the young man and from the young man. He would provide this information to Kiyoko later in case in benefited her diplomatic talks in the future. It was unlikely but if Valen ever was to represent Kiri with talks to determine something...Kiyoko could use a ninja card. Once that was finished Oda would close the notebook and put it away before pulling out a novel. He would spend the rest of the time with the pot of tea refilling his cup and keeping the temperature moderated. Drinking away the hard won tea session and enjoying his book.

exit thread
    18 posts at 20 exp a post = 360 exp

Renown:
    Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:42 pm