Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

Hello, everybody!

Yuichi
    Yuichi

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Genjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Hello, everybody! Empty Hello, everybody!

Post by Yuichi Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:31 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Yuichi, or Ducky if you would rather call me by my discord name. I am new to rping, but I have was an English major in college so I should be alright. I hope to have some fun while trying to improve as a writer. I definitely have some flaws, such as repetitive wording and sentence structure, somewhat choppy writing, and short paragraphs. These are habits that I developed, believe it or not, because of what I was taught as an English major and now I am trying to backtrack a bit and write in a more fluid, digestible way. I am very creative, but I am limited in terms of my skill as a writer and sometimes reading my work can feel like a chore. At least to me. Also, I am much more familiar with writing in the first person perspective and can get a little stuck in that mode. My third person reads like first person.
    Another habit of mine I plan to work on is providing details on what my characters are thinking. As a result of the type of writing I was doing, providing internal dialog and conveying thoughts and emotions was deemed largely unnecessary. For the most part, I still believe this, but I have found that my writing is at it's worst when nothing exciting is going on and I hope to supplement this and make these sections more digestible through tone and conveying my characters thoughts. Sometimes it is more effective to let the reader put things together on their own, sometimes you know how a character feels intuitively, and sometimes I need to be better about conveying emotion. It is a balance I have not mastered yet.
    I have been deemed a master of dialog by my old professors. Hurray. Don't believe it.
    I guess what I'm saying is that I am relatively mediocre as a writer, and you may have to be patient while I attempt to improve.
    Naruto was probably my favorite thing growing up. I play a ton of DND. Like several times a week. I actually ran a Naruto DND not long ago. It was pretty fun.
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Hello, everybody! Empty Re: Hello, everybody!

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:44 pm

Welcome to the site Yuichi!

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:46 pm

Hello Yuichi! I'm not the best writer in the world myself but I'm looking forward to working with you

Mist Genin
    Mist Genin

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: E
    Ryo: Broke

Post by Hisha Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:28 pm

Welcome welcome! I cannot wait to rp and exchange some dialogue!

Speed: D
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: C
    30cd63e91ef73cadd9108175329053e4.jpg
    Yuichi
    Yuichi

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Genjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Post by Yuichi Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:47 pm

lol. I really love your signature, Hisha. Very helpful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:48 am