Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

It's Been A While

Dahlia Fedcon
    Dahlia Fedcon

Village : Konohagakure

It's Been A While  Empty It's Been A While

Post by Dahlia Fedcon Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:11 am

Dahlia blocked some kicks with his forearms before calling out several hand seals. On cue the boy did them as he back flipped only to stumble on the landing and fall onto his back failing to perform the jutsu.

"Dang iiiiit." He called out with a huff.

Dahlia walked over with a girl with sky blue long flowing hair and icy blue eyes with odd makeshift clothes. As well as one with green piercing eyes, long black hair, and darkly covered clothes. Dahlia's own hair was a bit more styled than usual but still up in a high ponytail. Additionally her hair had some braids going along the side. She had decided to try something new with her hair based on an old description of a look she had given her mother what felt like years ago.  All 3 girls held their hand out to Dahlia’s young cousin Oliver as he reached up taking Dahlias hand.

"Three strikes. Go swap up your training to personal studies." Dahlia instructed calmly to him.

"Come on one more try!" Oliver protested only to get  his nose poked.

"We agreed I'd work with you on some lessons then you'd try the move 3 times. If you fail to get it you'd go back to practicing on your own. Now go practice I need to head out anyways." Dahlia had been healed for a long while now but due to everything that had been going on and the incident at the Heavenly Emporium she had been unable to go and see him…. Since she got back she had been honestly avoiding it a bit given her situation.

"Fiiine but I'm trying again tomorrow!" Oliver declared determined before scurrying off.

The black haired girl Yasu rolled her eyes with a smirk while the blue haired one, Dove laughed sticking her tongue out at the boy as he left. All the while Dahlia smiled softly watching him leave. He couldn't see them. After all they were in her head, but all 3 girls cared for that little weirdo. Even though their feelings had changed about kids so young training to be ninja recently they couldn't help but root for the little guy in his own adventures to become a ninja.

'If the meeting wasn’t between you two I would offer to go in your sted to insure we don't let anything slip about recent events.’ Yasu stated as the 3 began to walk towards the famous wolf manor.

‘It’s alright.  I can keep quiet about the more sensitive details. Besides, I've changed a lot since I’ve seen him last. I hadn’t even met you yet Yasu…. What has been 2ish months now? Some of the things we’ve done would have been out of the question if we had to do them back then.’ Dahlia thought back to her as Dove giggled and skipped around them in a large circle.

‘He probably still thinks he has to wonder if you’ll rise to the occasion and fight for the lives of others and blah blah blah. He likely still thinks you're still a brat that needs fixing into a proper ninja. A proper child soldier who is only a little over a year too young but magically won't be a child anymore in a little over a year.’ Dove mocked with a laugh.

‘I’d hate to say it but she's right. The only examples we could give to prove otherwise would allude to my time at the forefront, and the attack at Heavenly Emporium where you and Dove decided to go back wild and have a mental breakdown… you still fought but still not something we can share with him. Unless he’s been spying on us he wouldn’t have details about us benign there given everything else far more important going on. Yes, our log of leaving on a small trip as a family vacation would be there but he wouldn’t know what we did there, how many lives we helped save, anything…”

“And the moment we would go to tell him we'd have to reveal the rest… you can’t even bring up the reasons why it took you so long to come back due to all the money you had to make for your family, much of which was actually Dove doing it. Not to mention that would bring up the fact that your family is missing. The moment that comes up the question of why pops up. Then followed by a hunt… then your family goes to jail after they are saved… if they even need saving right now.’

‘Gee just tell her not to go at this point.’ Dove groaned out.

‘I’m just saying any details we give could be a risk. She’s still not the best at social interactions. If we pretend to still be a brat we just back track our progress and get lectured all day. If we show we’ve matured questions as to what happened that forced us to mature this much this fast would occur alongside the preexisting questions of where we have been all this time. We don’t have a game plan. Dahlia is the battle planner and fighter. Not the actor.’ Yasu persisted as the two acted as her mind's method of trying to figure out what exactly to do.

The three slowed to a stop with the Wolf manor off in the distance.

‘So we’re basically screwed no matter what…?’ Dove stated simply.

‘Yes.’

‘Pretty much…’

‘Cool… That makes things simple.’ The other two looked over to Dove then as she smirked. ‘No matter our plans we suffer in some way. You two aaaaall ways want to be the perfect person that everyone expects Dahlia to be. Yasu was even created to fit that exact job description. I’ve always said fuck it. Be what you want and let them be upset. Or be exactly what they expect because it doesn’t matter any more….’

‘What are you suggesting…?’ Yasu inquired.

‘You are exactly who you are. Be you. If it confuses him, who cares? If he sees it as a personal victory, who cares? If he thinks theres something wrong with you who the fuck cares? Because you’re you. Let them think what they will and while they think you act. If they ask about anything, give broad answers and avoid the truth about your family. There's already enough stress going on there.’ Dove stated simply.

‘So the same plan as usual but more structured…?’ Yasu asked with an eye roll.

‘Yep! See I’m learning structure, you should be proud of me!.’ Dove declared with a giggle making Dahlia smile a little for a moment.

“.... Alright… Let’s see how he likes me as me. Then hope nothing goes totally sideways in the process.” Dahlia said out loud as the other two vanished from her vision.

She adjusted her old vest a bit as she approached the door then knocked. She then stood there with her hands behind her back waiting patiently at the door.

OOC:

110 / 110 Chakra Points

Post 1

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

It's Been A While  Empty Re: It's Been A While

Post by Tengoku Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:13 pm

Dahlia would no sooner knock than the sound of an explosion could be heard around back. Shaking the whole house a little at it as a dust cloud rushed around the sides of the building. By all appearances it looked like the manor had just undergone some attack from the rear. However despite the alarming amount of destruction unseen behind the house. The door would open a moment later to show an older man in a butler outfit. Dabbing his brow with an already damp cloth. All that noise outback wasn't what he had expected when he had the honor of serving the Hokage. Instead he would look almost relieved to see another shinobi. His shoulders slumped a little as if taking a weight off his shoulders. He would make an assumption.

"Oh my oh my...my goodness...you must have business with the lord Hokage...please please oh do come this way...before he destroys more of the garden. It takes time to make the grounds look beautiful you know. Oh Oh! you brute not the petunias! Savagery...simply savagery."

He would call out as they crossed through the manor along a back wall that was mostly reinforced glass looking over the garden. Tengoku had just slammed down causing another explosion as he impacted a particularly well kept patch of petunias. Dirt and grass stuck randomly to the glass which the unfortunate servants would have to clean up later. Tengoku would hop back to his feet. He was wearing black karate gi with silver colored designs of a pack of wolves on the sleeves. Barefoot with his white hair loose and wild. No armor or weapons on his person though they were on an armor rack nearby across from her just outside on the patio. All three swords and six golden rings. Standing on the roof across from Tengoku was...himself? Ahh he had created a clone of himself and was full pace sparring. The clone would call out to him.

Tengoku v2 "You're still dropping your shoulder when you strike. You need to break that habit. Keep your guard up."

Tengoku - "Yeah yeah...why don't you try playing defense for a change?"

Tengoku V2 "Because if I take a hit I disappear. You are just a more resilient punching bag."

Tengoku would click his teeth as his clone jeered at him before the clone would grin and suddenly charge at A rank speed. Tengoku would block the strike with a cross guard but with his palms turned outwards. As soon as he absorbed the impact into his arms they flashed out. Grabbing his opponents wrist and kicking out his forward foot. Taking away his balance before Tengoku would pull the clones full body weight into a throw. Spinning him three times before letting him go. The clone would fly into a fountain and poof into smoke but not before decimating the fountain and scattering stone through out the destroyed yard. Water spraying up into the air where a fountain once stood. About then the butler would clear his throat to get Tengokus attention. To which Tengoku would glance behind him to the two of them before grinning sheepishly.

"Oh hello Dahlia. Didn't see you there."

Village: Konoha
    Titles: The Paladin of Konoha

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:
    Strength: B (A with Vambraces of Justice active)
    Constitution: C (B with Pauldrons of courage active )
    Stamina: B (B + From housing)
    Speed: B (A with  Greaves of Tenacity active)
    Coordination: S (X with  Tengoku Kaeri no Ken active)
    Intelligence: C
    Perception:  A (A++ from Hankōgan III)

Current attunement -
    Tengoku Kaeri no Ken - active
    Greaves of Tenacity  - active
    Kuroikiba Alpha - Inactive
    Vambraces of Justice - inactive
    Pauldrons of Courage - inactive
    Plated gloves of Temperance - Active

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Dahlia Fedcon
    Dahlia Fedcon

Post by Dahlia Fedcon Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:51 pm

Dahlia’s pupils narrowed a little from their already narrow almost slit-like way they were now when she heard the explosion. She swiftly drew her Tanto with grace and turned to go around back just as the Butler opened the door. As she listened she slid the Tanto back into its sheath slowly raising a single brow. Tengoku must be training…

“It’s rude to call people brute, and savage. Even if their destroying annual flowers.” She said rather calmly, she took a page out of Yasu’s book there with that one.

As she spoke she did follow after the man and was sure to keep pace. She looked out to look from him to his clone. It must be a more advanced model than the ones that they teach kids at the academy given that one could fully spar while the ones at the academy were no more better than an afterimage. She then listened to them before shrugging. Or he was just using it as an attacker. They were pretty fast, but even without the advantage of being in the forest Dahlia could roughly keep track of their moves with some effort. She then saw him utterly destroy the fountain before the butler announced they were there.

“You know when I destroy things at least I clean up after myself, as well as not to destroy fountains that took no doubt much work from a dedicated worker to make it, nor flowers that have to be raised from seeds for best results.” Dahlia said as she made her way out back. “They’re not Kiku level in terms of upkeep, but still another thing someone has to fix when you coulda done all this further in the forest.”

She was far calmer than the last time they had met up.Not exactly less rude, but better worded. Funnily enough the last time they met he had given her quite the similar lecture. Her thought was on the safety of others however. Honestly since then she had more respect for all the hard work people had to put into things since taking on the task of raising most of the money her family needed to stay afloat. If she did something like this at her house the repair costs alone would cause them to need to choose between new seasonal clothes, or no furniture for the next while. Unless Dahlia managed to scrape enough money before then. Meanwhile Tengoku destroys things carefree.

‘While others suffer from lack of money he’s living in a manor and happily tossing his money to butlers who have to fix everything he destroys….’ Dove said in her mind, sounding less than pleased for once.

“Sorry about the surprise visit. I honestly didn’t want to wait for a formal letter to be processed just to see a friend.” Dahlia stated as she nodded in thanks to the butler as she made her way over to Tengoku. “Sorry it’s been so long I’ve been busy lately.”

OOC:

110 / 110 Chakra Points

Post 2

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Tengoku Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:22 pm

Dahlia would scold him for the destruction he had caused to his own backyard and he would smile. He could have gone to use the training grounds this was true. But the fountain wasn't exactly hand crafted. He had just bought it out of a line of mass produced fountains. The flowers were beautiful but again...something easily replaced. He had scolded her before because her training had been conducted near a tourist location without much control. Still he would brush himself off and smile sheepishly. She was growing a little to talk comfortably with him. Instead of little jabs at him she was speaking in full sentences. It was an improvement. One he could appreciate. Still he would listen as she mentioned coming to see a friend as the butler left to go and order some clean up before he stepped up to her and his hand raised to ruffle her hair. Playfully at that. Still his smile would match his warm eyes as he stretched and spoke in response to her lecture. His words filled with amusement but not to make fun of her. Just explaining himself to a genin amused him greatly.

"Ahh well it did start further out...but my backyard was put together for training. They just insist on making everything pleasing to the eye. As for the fountain that was an oops but I will place an order to the market to get another identical one installed. Still it was controlled and no one was in danger. It is good to have you over though. Care for some breakfast little squirrel?"

He smiled and winked as he poked a little bit of fun at her. She also seemed more comfortable crossing through the manor to the backyard but the sounds of combat had likely distracted her. He hoped she would endure it though. His three dire wolves would emerge from a stable out back as they stretched out and yawned. His training had awoken them and now that it was over they had come out to play with each other. Here in their home the giant wolves acted more like house dogs. He would smile fondly to them before tilting his head towards the dining room. Turning and leading the way there. He was hungry after all and he could smell the breakfast from where they stood. It was making his stomach rumble. A workout built up an appetite after all.

So he would lead the way before entering into a modest dining room. There was of course a much larger one further in for guests and gatherings but he didn't use it much. Most people in the manor led their own lives and schedules. This one would comfortably seat six and had a line of large windows looking over the backyard and from here it was clear there were training dummies set up with an assortment of cushioned training weapons and boken. Tengoku would set himself at the head of the table and lean back as he hoped she would join him. If she did two plates would be brought out by a nice older woman dressed as a maid with an apron. She would set up the silverware and glasses too before returning to the kitchen. Coming back a moment later with a cart and setting up the breakfast. A bowl of scrambled eggs and a plate of bacon with another plate of toast. There was melted butter in a gravy serving dish for the toast and eggs. Along with a pitcher of orange juice and utensils for dishing themselves out. Once that was all done she would take her leave and Tengoku would begin building himself a plate.

"You said you have been busy...what have you been up to?"

Chakra - 185 (Base) + 25 (Lifestyle) + 100 (Kata) + 100 (Roen Boost) + 385 (Roen CA)

Stats:

Current attunement -

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3136-tengoku-shinku-update-page#24365
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3127-tengoku-shinku
    Dahlia Fedcon
    Dahlia Fedcon

Post by Dahlia Fedcon Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:18 pm

Dahlia noticed the smile and raised a brow before sighing. At least he wasn't upset about her lecturing. She still didn't get why hebwas smiling though. Then again she didn't understand most of what Tengoku did socially wise. He then ruffled her hair which normally she wouldn't mind but it took her 3 hrs today just to figure out how to make it look the way it did. Yes still wild but a styled wild this time. She grumbled under her breath a bit trying to fix her hair as he spoke to her in amusement at her lecture.

"Wish I had the money to just casually replace an entire fountain" she muttered under her breath then her brow twitched a bit at the last bit. "I am not a squirrel."

She said a bit firmly, looking up at him with a straight face. Her face and eyes per usual were displease but something about them just felt… differently made the look feel less like an upset child. Even her pupils seemed more like a predator's slits… despite how she would claim she wasn't a child. Or how others would think she had little innocence left. The look showed that something had happened that made her lose a significant amount of childishness, as well as innocence.

"But yes. I figured it was time to stop by after it has been so long since our last meeting." She said simply

Dahlia looked over, noticing his attention on the wolves that emerged from the stables to play. The very wolves that had scared her once before. She had seen scarier things by now so she just turned her attention back to Tengoku as he nodded towards inside without much more of a reaction to them. She followed him back inside without showing much of an issue. She still felt uncomfortable inside so it wouldn't be a placed she'd like to stay for long however thanks to Yasu she had over time gotten more adjusted to being inside buildings.

She glanced outside the training set up he had. So he wasn't kidding about that… still the property damage seemed uncalled for. She probably should try to avoid dwelling in it. There wasn't need for an argument about that any longer… she sat down a seat down from him, promptly slouching in her chair. She held up a hand when her plate would be set down to say she wouldn't need it. She had come to visit him without expectation of eating so she had eaten earlier before coming over to avoid being hungry while they chatted.

Besides it just felt weird being served like this without it being a paid waiter or her family passing her her share on her way home. Then came the question. Her mind slipped to the day her uncle and aunt had gotten that first letter, then the day her uncle left to look for her family, the day her aunt yelled at her cousin out of her own emotional distress the days she spent working for ryo for her family between training pushing herself every day to take care of them ignoring rude locals. Reading her mother's journals to learn she had been scared of her for about 9 years now and stayed away from the village because she wanted to… not because she had to.

Then the days she spent training in hopes to save her family that were still missing even though she felt as though she couldn't leave them now that there were only 3 of them left. Then her imagination over laid thr image of the Heavenly Emporium. The beasts, the bodies, her bloodied hands… and then she heard the giant beast's roar that shook the entire place back then that she could fully feel now. She had only survived because of her brain's method of coping from stress… Now she faced the memories when her mind was clear. The images faded as she shrugged. She couldn't tell him most of these things…

"Some jobs here and there, training and everything. I got better at my coordination and chakra control… that and my focus. I've even been making my own jutsus." She said simply as she looked down at the table from her zoning kut from a moment ago, not yet realizing she was staring at the table still.

OOC:

110 / 110 Chakra Points

Post 3

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:27 pm

Tengoku would notice her turn down the food but only give her a glance with a raised eyebrow. For him food was valuable. Since the orphanage had to ration more often than not and he had learned to hunt for him and his sister. It was why he had been enlisted as a tracker nin. His experience tracking prey was all that much easier against people. Who left more of a sign behind than they realized. Rarely bothering to cover their scent or tracks at all. Like an animal running in a panic they just barged through the woods. Still he had plenty of food now so he simply started to heap food onto his own plate. This was an informal visit after all so he didn't necessarily have to behave. Still even as he loaded up his breakfast plate he would glance back to her as he listened. So she was having financial trouble. Taking on side jobs even. It wasn't like being a shinobi wasn't profitable...perhaps she was against his law about those her age? It was true that B rank missions paid more....but he would not risk a child for profit. Even if they wanted to. It was too important to make allowances. Short of a different in species age progression.

Still even as he stuffed food and drink in his mouth he wondered about what had her in such financial dires. Her base pay before even a D rank mission would provide a shinobi with enough to cover living expenses with a significant amount of personal after. Each mission she did should only help increase her pocket money. Konoha as a whole wasn't facing an economic crises. It was fair to its citizens and taxes were low. Not much in the way of military spending in comparison to maintaining the village itself. She wouldn't be able to do much more short of reaching the rank of chunnin maybe. Her age would limit her from reaching jounin since she wouldn't be allowed on dangerous missions. Was she upset with him regarding that? Some more bacon stuffed into his mouth as he considered her training focus since she had last seen him. So she had improved her coordination and continued refining her chakra in that time? Well she felt different he agreed. Something had happened since they last met that left her quieter...lest direct. Something that had her guard up.

Tengokus face stuffing would finally slow after his third rapidly consumed plate before he would drink some juice and let out a satisfied sigh. Patting his belly. Truth be told he only paid himself the same as a jounin in the village would make. Nothing more and nothing less. The income that purchased the manor was his sisters through her chemistry. His pay barely maintained it. Paying the serving staff and keeping up on repairs. It took all of his base pay. But it kept a roof over his head, his sisters head, his pack of wolves as well as two young men who resided there named Azzie and Maigo. Though they kept to themselves. He would sit back in his chair as he used a napkin on his face and hands before leaning back with a smile. Eyes searching for Dahlias as he tried to figure it out just on what he saw. And he saw a lot.

"I am happy your training is showing results Dahlia. That said you seem stressed...Are you having money troubles of some sort? If so whats the cause of it? I have seen adults less stressed out than you are kiddo."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Dahlia Fedcon
    Dahlia Fedcon

Post by Dahlia Fedcon Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:29 pm

She noticed the look he gave her when she rejected the food but chose to not engage in the ‘why’ it wasn’t really needed. If he’d ask she’d tell him she ate prior but if not she would leave it there without answer. His manner of eating didn’t seem to bother her either. After all the few times she had eaten with her family since moving here, and how they ate all throughout the time before living here they had eaten in the same way so it was all pretty parforcourse for her. She glanced over in time to meet his eyes for just a moment before looking back forward towards the table again unknowing of how much her eyes had truly changed and how much that said of what had been going on with her.

Her brows then twitched into a slight frown for a moment when he asked his question. They for him would be all the right questions to ask. For her they were the worst ones to be asked about. She clenched her hands a bit, looking off still. How to answer? She had to avoid replying in the wrong manner. If she did  it would only lead to more issues. If she said no to the money probables then he’d likely ask about why she was so stressed out which would also be just as hard to answer without revealing too much about her current situation. If she just left so soon and suddenly it would only confirm every suspicion he had and would likely lead to him looking into it more.

If he did he’d easily come across findings that would no doubt lead him to desire to look more into her family and what they did in hiding. If she on her own could piece together what her mother had been upto, with Tengoku’s resources he would easily find the same. Her mother was smart but had gotten comfortable since moving to Konoha which meant she left a lot of tracks behind like an animal in its territory. It was easy to find every print she left behind. What she did every day she was back at home, and how often she left as well as what she did when she left. The biggest contribution to that was her journals. Her mother had been far to open with her life and feelings in those. She might have to get rid of them then apologize to her mother after she got back home safely…. If she was still able to do so, that is.

So what was the play? …. She couldn't make something up from scratch if he looked into it it wouldn’t check out and obviously so. The moment it didn’t it would easily track him back to confirming his guesses which obviously wasn’t good. Perhaps if she took one of her issues that were still prevalent but when asked about to others would easily check out based on how everyone who knew her besides her family saw her as a wild animal. Honestly given how Tengoku called her Squirrel he too probably saw her in a similar way. She couldn’t decide if it hurt more or less that he saw her as a far less threatening wild animal.

“I’m just saving up money for the future.  I’m too young to do anything with it now but it's good to have in the future.” The first part was a lie, one she actually did fairly well given most of it was a truth given she was saving money up for her family, it was just the reasoning that was a lie.

The second half was just straight up facts so it was more than easy for her to say without showing any signs of lying since she again was only telling factual facts. Even if they were used to flesh out a lie.

“I’m stressed out because of this place… Konoha.” IT was part of her stress, and a very clear one tha utmost everyone who knew her knew she had issues with the village.

What exact things they just assume the worst but still could easily check out. It wasn’t her only reason but it was true. The village itself stressed ehr out. It in general as well as its laws, walls, people, and the years and years it had left her feeling trapped. Even now she felt trapped. Haunted by the memories of her childhood that felt a lifetime ago where she had got to see the world and a new place every day. Where she could run barefoot through the grasslands goofing off with her family and father as they traveled the countryside. They had issues back then too but they felt far more tolerable than they did now.

“I constantly have to be what others want me to be. Constantly reminding me of what I did in the past and my shortcomings. Constantly seen as a nuisance if I slip up. It’s obvious that I’m not welcome to the general populace. I’m trying to be better but it's never enough. I try to stop caring as much and I’m hated more for it, while reminded I can't just do what I want when I want. Treated like a child but expected to be well behaved like a good ninja. Told That i should be grateful to live in a place like Konoha when I haven't been able to live comfortably without care, or feel happy without struggle since I moved here.”

She explained all honestly with her feelings even if the reasons as to why she was sharing her real feelings were to tell a lie that covered the tracks of her family.

“I tell people that I used to live on the road but they never really get it. How could they? They only ever lived inside the walls. They don’t know the joys and freedom that comes with the life I gotta live before coming here. I sleep on the roof of my house because for 9 years I had panic attacks if I stayed inside for longer than a few moments. I usually like it better in the forest and stay out there so often the guards at the gates don't think twice anymore when I go that way to camp and train in the woods.. It’s the closest thing I have to what I had before. But there's still a leash on me. I can’t leave or go where I want. For more than just legal reasons… I’d be abandoning my family.``

“We all used to sing and dance around campfires everynight laughing as our hunt was cooked.”
    she genuinely smiled at the memory before it fell as she continued. “Now it's been 9 years and still I haven't been able to spend a single hour with them somewhere I feel actually able to breathe. And you know what others say to me when they see how poorly I deal with being trapped and cornered? That wild child is such a brat. Why is she even allowed to run around so freely? She might as well be a wild animal…. I’ve known how to perform B rank jutsus since I was 10, and C since I was 8. I knew all the mechanical workings I  did when we first met since I was 7. But I failed all of my tests constantly to the point of dragging down my first team.”

“Now that i know how to perform the way I should it's too late. I already make my name known to everyone and it's always sour in their mouths for understandable reasons… I acted like a wild animal when I was younger…. Even right up until I met you… and even sometimes now when I can’t take it anymore. And now I have the fun time of looking at other genin older than me fumble around everything they do, who sometimes no doubt see me as just a know it all kid and not someone who has been doing some of this stuff longer than they have been genin and knowing they live far happier lives, will be chunin long before i legally can be all while complaining about how they are being held back from what they deserve and not just appreciating what they have that others wish they had…”

“Peace of mind… content…. And the ability to smile every day and be able to feel happy without concerns whenever they want.”
    It was all to help hide the truth but it did feel nice to let out her feelings even if she knew most would be overlooked based on the past. “.... I’m stressed out because everyday I wake up in a cage. This isn’t me telling you to make me a chunin. Honestly I don’t care about rank. No matter my rank nor age nothing will stop me from protecting someone who needs help… but when you wake up in a cage every day unable to be truly happy for 9 years all while people mock you and poke you with sticks then yell at you when you lash out so you always have to fit their needs? …”

“It gets you stressed out. But don’t worry… based on what I hear I'm just a kid. Clearly it means I am not permitted to have real issues that can’t be just waved off… or at least that's what my teachers have always told me…”
    She leaned back in her chair more. “That and I have at least one friend… after 9 years I have finally a single friend.”

She looked at him.

“And he’s sitting across form me he even has silly nicknames like kiddo and little squirrel for me.” She smiled a sad smile. “He doesn’t even know it but he’s my only friend. I want to be perfect for him too. But I know I never will be. Because what he likely wants me to be I honestly am starting to think I’d rather throat punch someone then be.”

She paused then cursed in her mind. She may have gone too far with that last part he may ask what might that be and well thaaaaat would also have to be covered up  cause the real answer would lead to ‘well why do you want to be that what led you to feel this way? Which would all ring all the way back around to the original thing she had been trying to hide….. crap.

OOC:

110 / 110 Chakra Points

Post 4

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:33 pm

Tengoku would sit back in his chair and fold his hands. Listening quietly as she spoke. It didn't appear she wanted him to interject at any particular point. If anything to him it simply seemed like she had a lot to get off her chest. A lot of feelings she had taken in over the time since she had come to Konoha. He would listen to how her dreams had changed as the world changed around her until she didn't know what she wanted...or how she could overcome her past and be something others wanted. It was a lonely sounding life and he couldn't help but feel for her....with his sister in a coma again he was left without any family in the world. He was left with memories of a better time and how he hadn't understood how important it was until it was gone....he had tried to get stronger to stand invincible side by side with the only person that had ever mattered to him more than anything...now he stood alone with his own strength...shouldering more responsibility and unable to stop trying to improve...because he couldn't say goodbye to that which mattered most....he couldn't stop because he needed to be strong enough to bring her back.

"I think I am beginning to see how the stress has built up for you. Come let us go for a walk...in the woods like it was before. Before our hearts grew so tired."

Tengoku would offer a surprisingly weak smile before he got up from the table. Turning to walk to the back door he had come in from with her hopefully following. They had met in these backwoods to his manor after all. He would walk quietly for a time. Only speaking when the wolf pack flanked them. A quiet voice. "Make sure we have our space. Keep anything from approaching us." The wolves would seem to understand the command as they split off. Moving out to keep things from approaching as they patrolled in a triangle formation a hundred meters out from them. Of course... Tengoku would keep his chakra sensory active which would stretch out to about five hundred meters around him. Soon the manor would fade from view and they were swallowed by the sights, sounds and smell of the woods. Tengoku would take a deep breath before he would begin to speak in return. Turning and leaning his back against an old and knotted oak tree. Under it he looked almost like a fox spirit.

"I don't know what I can say to help Dahlia....we all have our trials...and when they come they are rarely fair or simple.... Most will tell you there comes a time where you have to grow up. When innocence dies and you see the cruelty of the world. For some this is a quick moment...for others it never seemed to end and begins far to early. These expectation of others...their words dragging us down...scars on our souls. But these wounds...they don't simply heal with time. They dull but they remain. Think of them like ghosts of your past. Now picture them as your enemy and if you are ready to confront them. Prepare for how you will and eventually when you are perfectly prepared...confront them. Because the truth is Dahlia it doesn't matter what people expect...what I expect. Dahlia you have the ability to find your own limitations and break them. I can of course help guide you here and there but your tests will ultimately be yours. If some attachment is hurting you for their own sake...you should fight back....if they are hurting others...you should fight for them too. You are frightened by failure Dahlia...but when you fail you just learn another way not to do it right...until you find what works for you...and Dahlia..you will be a beast of a shinobi. I believe that."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Dahlia Fedcon
    Dahlia Fedcon

Post by Dahlia Fedcon Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:14 am

Dahlia finally looked up from her side of the table to meet Tengoku’s weak smile that followed his heavy hearted words.Dahlia nodded a bit quietly before she finally got to her feet and followed the man out. She didn’t pay the wolf much mind as she walked with her hands in her vest’s pockets. Her senses soon were filled with the welcoming air of the forest. The forest that she grew up in. The one place she had truly called home for most of her life. She made her way by Tengoku as he leaned against a knotted tree. She herself found a tree to lean against as well with a bit of a slouch. The environment really helped make her feel safe… but not much could be done with the things that roubled her heart.

Those were things that she couldn't just hope would pass on their own with the added help of a change of familiar happy scenery. She had managed to avoid the subjects she needed to avoid. Only at the cause of feeling sorrow at the new thoughts in her mind that she had let resurface so easily. His words were honest.. Accurate but due to the situation couldn’t mend all her issues… after all her issues weren’t ones you could really fix with words alone. If they were she wouldn’t be in her current situation… or any of her situations she had been in lately. She was glad he had such hope for her but…

“What if…” Her voice was soft, uncertain, and almost fragile; she turned a bit of the hair in her face behind her ear as she sunk into herself a bit more. “... What if what I end up finding out my dream’s aren’t to be a shinobi? What if they end up leading me down a road away from you… here…. What if they end up disappointing you, and putting us on opposite sides of a battlefield?”

She inquired, growing silent for a moment before meeting his eyes.

“And please be serious… I don’t want to hear, that’ll never happen, or shallow kind words we know will only in rare cases stay 100% true if things ever went south… I know I have a fear of failure but this isn't that fear making its way into a question Ten… You want me to be a hero, a shinobi… but what if I become something traditional shinobi would see as wrong? What if I do something so bad, or it happens so far down the line 'she's just a foolish kid who needs to learn’ cant excuse what I've done…What if I hurt you somehow…. But I don’t see any of it as a failure because in this possible timeline I see it as going according to plan of what I wanted? What happens then Ten?”

110 / 110 Chakra Points

Post 5

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:52 pm

Tengoku would listen to all the doubt in her heart and remain quiet a moment. It wasn't uncommon for the youth of the village to face doubt or be troubled by their own power. Be it a lack of which was more common or in some cases an abundance of. Those who held power found there was a distance between them and the average person they might come across. A gap between them and even family. If they had family. It was a lonely life. Still she had family to see to and goals to achieve. He had seen her inner drive and her will to push through. He felt a soft spot for her efforts but he had so many duties to tend to. Was he unattentive to his people? Most said no but there were cases out there. People he couldn't reach in time. People suffered in this world and it was beyond his power to help all of them. Though he hoped it wouldn't be beyond his power to help Dahlia. Though even as she finished he would cross his arms and one leg over the other as he leaned fully into the tree. Contemplating her words deeply before he replied.

"Well first of all...if you don't want to be a shinobi there is no shame in that. Putting your life on the line isn't for everyone. Often I wish I could put down my sword. But peace isn't a passive accomplishment. Some have to remain vigilant for the peace of the many. And so I will be one of the vigilant. That said Dahlia. The village comes before all. Before my ties to others...before my own wants and dreams. If you were too far gone...if the village was truly in danger and you stood purposefully against it. I will do with you as I would with anyone. With tears stinging my eyes I would cut you down. The peace of my people is too important."

His amber eyes shifted to look to her own. His expression wasn't sad or angry. But there was a force behind those eyes. Eyes that would shine with power and determination like gold. He wasn't bluffing. He would kill even her if she truly threatened Konoha. There was a million ryo bounty on the last person to issue that threat. Tengoku was preparing for her return even as they spoke. A powerful Uchiha woman that at the moment he would struggle to fight against...Still he would stand up and walk to Dahlia. Placing a warm and heavy hand on her shoulder. His face softening into a smile.

"Thats why I deeply hope you would come and see me before it got to that. To clear up misunderstandings or even for protection. You have a conviction in you...I have seen it Dahlia. But it is okay to need help. To find yourself in too deep and need someone to drag you out. I do not fight alone...neither should you."

Stats:

Current attunement -

Dahlia Fedcon
    Dahlia Fedcon

Post by Dahlia Fedcon Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:27 pm

“It’s not about putting my life on the line for others.” She started simply thinking back to the Emporium.

It was hard to explain why she wouldn't want to be a shinobi to him without giving too much away but she at least wanted to clear up that it wasnt that part that had her thinking such things. Then he explained how the village came before all of his other duties… which only made her feel like the point was the only way to help save people in the way she wanted to was to be a ninja. At least while she was in the village. The village came before everything, even your wants and dreams. And he'd cut her down if she ever became a threat to the village.

“I respect that…” She may not agree, but she respected it.

It didn’t stop it from hurting however to realize he may only be there for her because she was just a part of the village. Not because they were friends. Friends would do anything for each other, and always be there for each other… but he would always put the village first…. So they weren’t friends like she had thought. Just teacher and student. If she wasn’t in the village and apart of it, his focus would be on his village against others including her at that point… against her family… If he knew he would likely see their criminal activity as working against the village like it was to a degree and….

She looked at him as he approached and placed his hand on her shoulder. A hand that was meant to soothe but to her only felt like the reminisce of a friend she had thought she had… a sad reminder that the man in front of her was actually a threat. And a powerful one at that. She’d never want to hurt this village no matter how much it wanted to hurt her and had hurt her. How it trapped her… But even if he didn’t know it, given her family she had to view the man as a possible threat now to her family. She had to put them in front of her duties as a shinobi…SHe became a ninja to help people but it was to help them first before it became to help everyone she could, not just the people inthe village.

“... I’m never alone… Even if those who fight with me can’t be seen… lost friends or people like my father whose… no longer here… I never fight alone. Even now even if you weren’t here… I’m not alone.” It was something she often forgot…. but she truly felt that way. “I Don’t think I’d ever aim to hurt those in the village… But I do believe that only focusing one's sights on those inside their own village alone is… wrong. And in some cases cruel. I’ve lived outside of the village… and sometimes people….”

She thought of her father then about those like him who died every day.

“Sometimes people can’t make it to a village in time. Sometimes cities can’t afford to pay for shinobi to travel to protect their homes… Sometimes people have to do bad things to stay alive.. Then the shinobi who could have used the help from long ago finally come to them… but not to help, but to slay.” She looked sadly up at him. “It's not fair to ask a village to use up its resources to tyro to save everyone leaving themselves vulnerable no but… the people out there need people without skills sometimes to help because the only way they can gain such proper skills that could save them they have to hope they can became ninja only to learn they would be branded a criminal if they leave.”

“I get it… they could be a risk… It makes sense from the village standpoint but to those who live outside of the village… Either route could be a death sentence. Their options are few and far apart and they are expected to follow procedures in hopes that the village they contact can save them in time. Or hope they follow the right clues to learn they aren’t villains but heroes so they won't be killed… or find peace in their deaths for the greater goal they find. To put everything in your people and people alone is… I respect that but I can’t agree with that sentiment Ten. Not when I’ve lived and seen what it’s like on the outside. To see my family go to live they feel they have to just to survive.”

Her mother commonly left the village after a while no longer to just find Ryo but clearly to live a life she missed… or to have any semblance of it…. She likely still would even if she wasn't in the village but if they hadn't been here it was likely she would have pushed the wrong buttons or they could have traveled with her… or at least have the risk of an entire village hunting you if they found out what you were doing was bad enough.

“I’m sorry I'm rambling now, I just… I needed to say that… for those who can’t nor ever will be able to. People like my father who spent most of his life trying to learn ninja art only to learn barely enough to help his family escape death. Only to die himself… For the town my parents come from… who were all slaughtered before any shinobi who could save them. That put my family in the position they were in to be targeted the way we were.” She read her mothers journals and remembered enough vague stories to know what happened to her parents in their youth to lead them to the hermit lifestyle.

“If I had a say throughout my life I would have wished to learn ninja art yes but I would have wished to stay on the road, but I know in order for my family to stay alive we had to come here. It's survival or happiness for some of us on the outside. Some of us never get a chance to survive. Every village has countless people who could help them but were never sent out… Children shouldn’t be forced to face such things but also… No one can prepare you… no time can prepare you for witnessing death. Every day I can still vividly remember my fathers death…. The kunai that struck his throat… body… organs… everything. His mad smile as he took it all to save us… Even now almost 10 years later… I doubt I could witness such a thing again.”

“Nor do I think in a year and a few weeks I will still not be ready to see such a thing. Cause age doesn’t make you ready to see those things… There’s kids in the village 3 years older than me who aren’t ready and would likely die way before someone who's younger, was faster because I just got luckier to learn more than them faster. By saying 16 is benign no longer a child doesn't make us adults… it just labels us as adults. But were still kids. I don’t know if we ever stop beings. But no matter what most only can become ready to see that death by seeing it sadly enough. So what I’m trying to say is not just this village but every village… They have people no matter our ages who can help but they all think the same way you do…. Village over all others… forgetting there are some outside who need your help more. I respect choosing a smaller collective over the masses… but I can’t agree with villages over those who need help.. No, I won't be targeting our village… I just… If I could choose to be helping those lives who are lost every day over people who have the liberty of living every day in peace… I would.`”

She closed her eyes.

“And shinobi can’t do that… not all. You have to be the right rank… and in most cases you have to only focus on your village or those who have enough ryo to pay for help… Shinobi, due to what they are can’t help those who I wish I could help… could put my life on the line. Everyone here, being Konoha people, has dozens of ninja willing to sacrifice their lives to save but I want to help those who have no one. Those who aren’t as lucky as I was. Or my family was. They fight alone… not me…”

110 / 110 Chakra Points

Post 6

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:08 am

Tengoku would appear to remain relaxed as she let a lot off her chest. His amber eyes observing her calmly. She likely wasn't being entirely honest with him...it was her style to hold something back. Be it pride or anxiety. It didn't matter though. She needed someone to listen so he wouldn't interrupt. There was a lot of her conceptions for how things worked. Truth be told he did his own very best to understand but some higher leveled conversations really made him buckle up his big boy pants. His sister when she was awake was a good voice in his ear. Her intelligence had been coveted well before they were anybody to the village. Even being an assistant to restoring the village from that mad cat. However there were some things he had come to terms with and understood. Part of which was that the economy was not everyone's friend. Still he would nod here and there a moment. The world she was after seemed an awful lot like a utopia. Tengoku wasn't sure if he could really protect the village. Yet alone everyone in the world. That kind of manpower wasn't possible. So when she finished he would clear his throat before responding.

"I know how it feels to want to protect everyone. To be a hero to those who can't do it for themselves. However the idea of protecting everyone everywhere is a fantasy. To begin with there are far more people willing to use their power to do whatever they like instead of protecting those without. More often than not that includes subjugating or murdering those same people. We protect what we can within our territory. In turn the territory provides resources and maintains the villages economy. Allowing us to train and pay our people. If the economy fails....we lose our military might, our people starve and suffer and no one is protected...we become as mice surrounded by cats. And believe me when I tell you the other villages would pounce. As for those people reaching adult age and lacking power....who is to say that combat experience would have helped them be more prepared by now? If they would die now...they would more than likely die at a younger age. It isn't for children to worry about life on the battlefield and I will not be swayed away from that belief. As for the rest....We do not have a policy banning shinobi from doing good deeds without pay. Requests are posted all the time to the job board and some are answered for no pay......but most of your comrades in this village....they pick the jobs with the best pay."

He would sigh a moment before his right ear twitched and he would direct his attention to his right up towards the trees. His muscles tensed slightly but his arms remained folded. Three seconds would pass before the sound would reach Dahlia. Someone was approaching through the trees. However a few seconds later a messenger nin would appear through the tree brush. Landing in front of Tengoku. Handing him a note. Tengoku would open it before looking over its contents and nodding. "See that Zenaku Uchiha gets promoted to Jounin immediately. Encourage him to take students.Oh...and uh...despite how odd he is...promote Suguru to chunnin. He brought some vital information from the emporium that could solve some puzzles. But monitor both of them and report back to me weekly. " The messenger would bow his head before returning to the administration building to see it was done. With that Tengoku would let out a rather tired breath before returning his attention to Dahlia.

Stats:

Current attunement -

Dahlia Fedcon
    Dahlia Fedcon

Post by Dahlia Fedcon Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:51 pm

"I'm not saying protect everyone Ten. Just because it seems impossible or is impossible doesnt mean we shouldnt try our best to still help as many as possible. It may nkt seem like alot to us but to them its their lives. It matters to the few saved Ten. Not trying sends them to death or worse." She said with a frown of her brow and a shake of her head. "I get how ecomony and pay works and im not saying to fuck it all like i saidbefore i get it really... how ever saying were mice surounded by cats implies were the victims... we not the victims in this world Ten. I dont care what other vilkages would do that shouldnt stop us from doing whats right because were scared. You told me you belived a ninja should fight on despite their fear of being fear or being brought down but... right now youre seeming pretty cowardly cause it seems like were in a pinch... and i shouldnt have to go to a job board to find ways to help people i should bebable to travel to find those who need help who cant call for help thats my point!"

Then a sound came due to her focus she had in the forest helping her perception she was able to hear the sound far sooner then expected. How ever she didn't look towards the sound  even when its source arrived. Of course it was more work for the man. She listened as he promoted 2 people. Good for them. She closed her eyes as he spoke and reached down untieing the headband she had kept on her thigh since thr day she got it almost 3 years ago. By thr time Tengoku looked back to her she held a serious face and calm tone as she held it out to him with one hand looking him in the eye.

"This is not the path I wish to follow." She'd have to find a new way to support her famiky but at this point... she didnt with to be the kind of ninja Tengoku described from her perspective. "I Dahlia Fedcon, gennin of 3 years of the Hidden Leaf offically resign from being a ninja of this village. It's people remain safe from me and shall not be attacked but I will no longer be apart of this lands military force."

110 / 110 Chakra Points

Post 7

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin
    Bug Zapper

Post by Tengoku Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:57 am

Tengoku would listen after they left as well as before. She expected too much....She somehow saw this fantasy world when it would consume her. She couldn't solve every issue on her own...she couldn't save everyone and people would still die if she wandered. She may change the fate of a few this way but...if she was out there on her own she could die. She seemed so eager to get him to relinquish his hold on the age law. As if he would change his mind so simply over such lofty ideals. Still when she retired her headband to him his eyes would widen. Was this really happening? Was it all so simple to her? She was just going to pack her bags. His eyes wavered. Twitching in shock at this. He thought they were trying to achieve something...was this because of his age law? Was it an ultimatum? His teeth would grit a moment. He wanted to yell and shout. He wanted her to explain why....why she was abandoning him...why she would call him a friend and then we he wouldn't let a child go on dangerous missions she would...

A shaking hand would reach up and take the headband. Thats the way it was though...the way it kept ending up for him with his sister virtually gone....It was wrong of him to rely on her...to try and train her to be something that could help him....He wasn't a friend to her...not if he couldn't accomplish the impossible. Let it be that way then. If he had to be alone in his fight...if he had to get strong enough to stand by himself...he would find his power somehow. He would turn away as he clicked his teeth...pausing there a moment however as he took a breath.

"I wish you the best Dahlia....I hope you accomplish whatever it is you set out to do....but if you are not a shinobi of the village. You will not be allowed to take missions here. I hope you find a different life....somewhere that suits you. I will not kick you out though...if you want a different life here that has nothing to do with being a shinobi you can have it. I would stay away from Iwagakure though. They will likely kill you on sight."

With that his hand would grip so tightly on the headband it crumpled the metal into a fist pack. Audibly. He was struggling with his temper. But he was keeping it mostly to himself. He had insinuated the shinobi life wasn't for everyone...but for her to just give up on him and leave. Typical of people. He would walk in silence away from her then. Hoping he never had to kill her. Hoping she didn't join his enemies. He wanted this cold to last on his skin. To sting as he walked in solitude. The joy from his training and meal stripped away and his shoulders seeming more weighed down now.

exit thread
    7 post at 15 a post (Sensei bonus) = 105

Stats:

Current attunement -

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:10 pm