Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

Kanaras custom Techniques

FROSTCestrell
    FROSTCestrell

Village : N/A

Kanaras custom Techniques Empty Kanaras custom Techniques

Post by FROSTCestrell Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:18 pm

Skimming:

Skipping:

Superheating:

All techniques were created by Kanara either becasue she is too lazy to always use the proper technique, finds it to unpractical or to surpass her shortcomings.

Last edited by FROSTCestrell on Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:13 am; edited 3 times in total

Kanara info:

OPT:
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Kanaras custom Techniques Empty Re: Kanaras custom Techniques

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:26 am

Skimming: "Movement doesnt have to be straight lines and can also be in any direction (for example user can use it to "hop" backwards)" <- This part has to be removed. Also you need to either remove a + from the Speed buff or a minus from the debuff. You also should put the CP cost per post in the Upkeep line of the template. Speed should not be Instant but instead will vary based on your own Speed stat.

Skipping: Same as above.

Superheating: If this is dealing B-Rank Fire Damage it should have an activation cost of 10 CP and an upkeep of 5.

Post by FROSTCestrell Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:26 am

Kitsuki Kurahasa wrote:Skimming: "Movement doesnt have to be straight lines and can also be in any direction (for example user can use it to "hop" backwards)" <- This part has to be removed. Also you need to either remove a + from the Speed buff or a minus from the debuff. You also should put the CP cost per post in the Upkeep line of the template. Speed should not be Instant but instead will vary based on your own Speed stat.

Skipping: Same as above.

Superheating: If this is dealing B-Rank Fire Damage it should have an activation cost of 10 CP and an upkeep of 5.

So i changed the part of "Skimming" so its now only debuffing 1 - to enemies perception. However the not restricted to straight lines is kind of the core of both Skimming and skipping. Since its based of body flicker and that is described as a sudden burst of energy, doesnt it make sense that someone who often uses this is able to modyfy this burst of energy a bit?

Same goes for Skipping

As far as superheating goes, its basicly a chakra flow thats restricted to a singe element, in return for a slightly wider range of usability (superheating the body of the user). It doesnt grandt additional range and is always relying on something to conduct the heat, unlike techniques such as Dahlias razor burn that adds a blade that can fary in range. So what is the source for this increase in cost, so i may modify it.

Kanara info:

OPT:
    Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File
    Skills & Elements: All
    Class: X
    Ryo: All of It

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:26 pm

Skimming: CP cost is cheaper than usual and it has no handsogns so that's why I opted against the freedom of movement.

Skipping: Same.

Superheating: if that's the case, parent needs to be Chakra Flow.

Stamina: A
    Speed: D
    Coordination: D
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: S
    FROSTCestrell
    FROSTCestrell

Post by FROSTCestrell Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:20 am

As for skiming: Actually the cost is (compared to the range of the normal body flicker) 2 times higher if i used it many enough times.

As for skipping: body flickers speed boost is reduced by 1+ compared to the normal, aside from that price is again the same for the same range. so looking the advantage in speed for just a single handsign and the movement seems like a fair thing.

As for both i changed it again so it has to be straight lines now, however in every direction (which body flicker kind of allready should be, after all why would you only be able to boost at the back of your body?)

As for superheating. I changed mode 1 to the 10/5 cp cost, so it roughly matched dahlias razor burn. As for mode 2 (basicly my own version of chakra flow), if i had chakra flow i wouldnt try to register something that is basicly the same but on a specific element. If i had to argue the difference between those 2 things IC ly id argue that chakra flow literally puts the chakra through the weapon (releasing on impact), while superheating makes it really hot (basicly being hot all the time, insteah of only on impact). Further having to take a entire skillclass only becasue there is 1 single technique of c rank seems a bit extreme.

Kanara info:

OPT:
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:00 pm

FROSTCestrell wrote:As for skiming: Actually the cost is (compared to the range of the normal body flicker) 2 times higher if i used it many enough times.

Cost is not based on it being used an indeterminate number of times. Its based on single use and in this case its not sufficient.

FROSTCestrell wrote:As for skipping: body flickers speed boost is reduced by 1+ compared to the normal, aside from that price is again the same for the same range. so looking the advantage in speed for just a single handsign and the movement seems like a fair thing.

Same, see above. Also it still says Instant in the speed section.

FROSTCestrell wrote:As for both i changed it again so it has to be straight lines now, however in every direction (which body flicker kind of allready should be, after all why would you only be able to boost at the back of your body?)

As for superheating. I changed mode 1 to the 10/5 cp cost, so it roughly matched dahlias razor burn. As for mode 2 (basicly my own version of chakra flow), if i had chakra flow i wouldnt try to register something that is basicly the same but on a specific element. If i had to argue the difference between those 2 things IC ly id argue that chakra flow literally puts the chakra through the weapon (releasing on impact), while superheating makes it really hot (basicly being hot all the time, insteah of only on impact). Further having to take a entire skillclass only becasue there is 1 single technique of c rank seems a bit extreme.

If you want a chakra flow variant which has those benefits, unfortunately it will need to have chakra flow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:01 am