Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Meeting an old friend[Valen]

Yuki Kaida
    Yuki Kaida
    Mist Special Jounin
    Mist Special Jounin

Meeting an old friend[Valen] Empty Meeting an old friend[Valen]

Post by Yuki Kaida Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:29 am

Kaida had been quite busy trying to figure out the evil lurking in Kiri and snuffing it out before it could manifest. The more significant issue is the deal she made for a united front on the missing-nin destroying the peace of the world, the nations were all supposed to make a force for it but thus far she had seen little to no progress. It seemed she would most likely need to force things in order for them to realize they needed to take the threat seriously.

"I need to gather more allies if the strong missing nin started working together the world would be in real trouble. None of the nations are taking the threat seriously despite the massive war they had fought against them. The world became quiet and it lulled the nations into a sense of peace, it is a false one, however."

Who could she get from her nation, she didn't trust Sero at all he may be strong but she felt he was evil. She had no read over the good or bad here and it bothered her, Kit had been hard to reach for a while so she felt alone in the hope to prevent Kiri from becoming evil once more.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fire, Water, Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Meeting an old friend[Valen] Empty Re: Meeting an old friend[Valen]

Post by Valen Minamoto Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:08 am

Valen moved down the street of the market district of Kirigakure, he was dressed in civilian wear for once. Having chosen for today to be a break from the norm. As such he had left his equipment behind and simply gone out in a black t-shirt, jeans, and boots. At the moment he was doing some grocery shopping although he had only just arrived at the market as such he did not have anything yet. It was a fairly chilly day in the village, light snowflakes falling from gray skies overhead. He had a coat slung over one arm although he personally wasn’t using it. His body was at a higher than normal temperature than most and as such he did not have to wear such things. Everything once in a while through the temperature dropped low enough that even he got somewhat uncomfortable. So he kept the coat with him in case it did.

He moved through the market, the crowd mostly thinned, even if the village was used to such weather at this time of year. Snow was snow and many did not like to be out in it if they could help it. Still, a flash of silver hair caught his eye and looked to see someone he recognized moving along the same path, only coming toward him. Kaida seemed lost in thought as she moved. Valen remembered her from the day they had met at the Heavenly Emporium during the celebration for Okane’s birthday. They’d had a bet on a carnival game which she had won. He had offered her a ‘kiss’ a ‘meal’ or ‘something more’ for the prize and she had chosen the meal with the possibility of the other two happening after regardless.

Before the meal really got started though Kara Darhk had come alone, delivering something to Kaida. He had been looking for the blonde woman in order to commission something from the renown crafter. So he had requested Kaida’s forgiveness while explaining and paid for whatever she wanted to eat before chasing after the woman. Now it would Kaida was here now. Idly Valen wondered if it was a good idea to call out to her. If he didn’t they might pass each other and she might not be the wiser. He had grown quite a bit since she had last seen him after all. Whereas before he had been 5’3. Now he stood at 5’10 and had kept the same muscle tone. He moved with a confident grace and his black hair had grown long. He had grown a small beard, although he trimmed it neatly. It was possible, very much so that he looked different enough she wouldn’t recognize him.

After all he had left without getting her feelings on the matter. She might have kept angry about it. Still, he wanted to make up for the fact that he had had to leave so quickly before. He might have paid for her meal but he did not think that counted as her winnings from their little bet. Not personally. That of course made up his mind for him. As they approached his red eyes would look to meet with hers before speaking. “Kaida Yuki..Don’t I owe you either a ‘Meal’ a ‘Kiss’ or ‘Something more’ from the last time we met?” He would ask her, his tone wry. He hoped the quote would remind her of who he was if his appearance did not. Last time she had chosen meal with the idea that maybe more would happen after. However if she changed it to something like a shopping spree, or maybe a walk in the park or something he would be fine with that. He just wanted to use the direct wording.

[1]

Renown: 9,250
    Ryo: 8,750,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A+
    • Speed: A
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: C
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Outdated at this point
    Yuki Kaida
    Yuki Kaida
    Mist Special Jounin
    Mist Special Jounin

Post by Yuki Kaida Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:31 pm

Kaida was still lost in thought about her allies she could recruit to protect the world before she heard a voice turning she looked over at Val and smiled. It seemed he had grown into more of a man, but he also ditched her last time which slightly annoyed her. Still, she was not giving him another chance after all he did pay for her food before he left.

"I do recall you owing me for sticking me up as for the nonmeal options that depends on how you play your cards. I warn you my body isn't something a lot of people can handle seeing, I am far from ordinary and certainly considered a monster by many. If you wish to go further you better impress me with a meal, I do see you finally grew into a man's body."

She would wink at him as she walked past him, what food place would he choose to impress her, she was curious. What would his first move be and would he regret it after seeing her without clothes on, she was terrifying to most people looking like some sort of Frankenstein monster.

"So what place will you take me to, I am sure you know I want more than some ramen or a normal place. I feel like I am worth it to go all out, but that's just me what are you willing to spend on me?"

A smirk crossed her lips, he could also become an ally of hers to crush the evil of the world, of course, she was unsure where his thoughts lay. Was he also another one of these evil foes or did he fight for justice and protect the innocent?

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:05 am

She looked at him and smiled, but her words would tell him that she was indeed annoyed with him for leaving. He understood that, although her comments on her body being something many could not handle seeing and that she was considered a monster drew a curious narrowing of the eyes. She would comment on how he had finally grown and he would nod in agreement. He had indeed, the combination of an actual diet and training had done him good. His body had made up for it’s lost time during what had been its final growth spurt.

“Most cringe from the scarring and branding on my back so that is nothing new to me. I doubt you’ll have anything that would turn me away. Mind you I’m speaking of only having fun, not anything serious.” He would say, and comment. If that was something she wanted then it would be best to settle it now. The meal however? He could do that. She would wink at him as she moved past him and he would turn to move with her as he considered where to take her.

The question came quickly and he considered it for a few moments. Taking her for seafood of any kind was silly. They lived in Kirigakure and while that meant always fresh and excellent sea food it seemed like a cop out to Valen. No, he wanted to take her somewhere different. That did not leave many options and after a few moments of considering he nodded. “There’s a really nice steakhouse around the corner from here. I’ll take you there.” He would say confidently, it was an expensive place but that did not really matter to him. He had accrued a decent amount of money and had never really used it. So he knew he could afford it and they had a wide variety of high quality imported food. Steaks, barbecue, various sides and such.

With that he would move to turn them down the street at that corner and make way toward the Steakhouse. It was called ‘Yamamoto’s Steak House’ after the founder of the place although he had long since retired. It had kept it’s reputation and quality of course and it was one of the better places in the village to eat. He never bothered asking if it was adequate enough for her. It either was or it was not but he was confident and made his way toward the door of the establishment, opening it for her.

Inside it was all dark wood and leather and Valen moved toward the greeter. “Table for two please.” He would say, prompting the woman to nod, take two menu’s and rolled sets of silverware and lead them in a quiet corner. She set them up and told them their server would be with them shortly and Valen would turn his red eyes to Kaida’s once more. “So, what have you been up to the past couple of years?” he would ask her curiously. He of course could not answer that question himself as he had been frozen and only recently melted out. However that did not mean she had not been busy.

[2]

Stats:

Yuki Kaida
    Yuki Kaida
    Mist Special Jounin
    Mist Special Jounin

Post by Yuki Kaida Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:07 am

Kaida would laugh. he likely wouldn't care but she was a true monster even among those in Kiri, not many people have five hearts and can replace damaged body parts as she could. He would begin to think where to take her as he mentioned a steak house she would smile. A man of her heart she had to eat a ton of food to keep her five hearts, after all, she needed quite an extensive amount of iron intake.

She would follow behind him playfully skipping along and smiling, it was always fun meeting someone like him and she had been quite bored. She joined when the village was on the verge of war and now the world was at peace. She still had her desire to kill missing-nin and certainly ones that caused much harm to innocent lives, but really not many opportunities had shown themselves.

They would finally make it to the steak house with her following Valen inside, it was quite a nice restaurant and quite fancy. She was honestly glad it was not seafood she had eaten so much of it since she had arrived in Kiri and having a change of pace was nice. As the two were seated he would stare into her eyes making her smile a bit asking what she had been doing the last two years. Honestly, with the wars calming she had done a whole lot of nothing, she was strong, and really she couldn't test her limits with anyone in the village.

"I have not done a lot I am strong and I can't push myself in battle against fellow village shinobi, as you know I was trained by Shimiko my style isn't meant to keep people alive. I kill because it is what I do best and people surviving isn't my focus so my talents are meant for war, not for peacetime, people like me during these times are relics of a past era. So I really don't have anything I can do, I have tried to get rank given to me so I can actually travel the world, and see if my combat skills can be useful but alas the princesses seem to be far too busy to grant me a rank."

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:15 pm

Valen listened to her words and frowned idly in thought as he listened. He was considering his words when a waiter arrived. He was a young man with short, dark hair and a brisk, confident manner. “Good day sir, my lady, can I get you started with some drinks? Maybe an appetizer?” The man would say, a small notepad in hand and a pencil behind his ear ready to be grabbed at a moments notice. Valen spoke, glancing at the menu briefly as he opened his mouth to do so. “Water for me please, don’t be surprised if I need a lot of it. I have trouble keeping hydrated at times.” He would begin, causing the man to nod as he waited. Water was free anywhere so he didn’t need to write that information down. “How many ‘wings’ come to an order?’” He would ask, the menu did not have many non-seafood appetizers, even in a steakhouse. Which made a certain amount of sense as many things from the sea had smaller portions that could be controlled, clams, oysters, shrimp, and such. “They come eight to an order sir, and you can have them thrown in any of the sauces listed.” He would inform Valen, prompting the swordsman to look and nod. “Four orders of wings, all barbecue.” His red eyes would look to Kaida’s.

“By all means order whatever you wish in the quantity you wish.” He would say, his tone indifferent. He really did not mind if she ordered whatever, he had found his paychecks had continued while he was frozen so he was honestly somewhat wealthy. Once she had made a decision, on her drink and starter choice the waiter would note it, jot down some things and move off. He was probably used to shinobi, with much higher than average calorie requirements than a normal person, ordering large quantities of food. With the waiter gone Valen would turn his eyes back to Kaida’s and go back to considering her words from before.

“Well, you could always join the Nightmare Brigade. They get sent out on missions all the time, always to handle murderers, rapists, pillagers, raiders. The people of the world who need to be brought to justice, swiftly, and violently. It would give you something to do at least.” He would say considering the issue she was talking about in regards to the Princesses. If they were busy with their own issues, then perhaps someone needed to step in and help facilitate the daily matters of the village. It was something to consider and definitely something to bring up the next time he saw Sayuri or Arisu. He’d never met Kitsuki before, so he doubted the offer would be taken well with her. Some random shinobi she didn’t know offering to help run the day to day affairs would probably not be taken well.

[3]

Stats:

Yuki Kaida
    Yuki Kaida
    Mist Special Jounin
    Mist Special Jounin

Post by Yuki Kaida Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:11 am

Kaida listened to his order and smiled she would order some Sake along with twelve porterhouse steaks. She ordered several more sides, as the man looked astonished at the slim girl ordering that much food. She would listen to him talk about the brigade, she had been hesitant because she still felt Sero was a very evil man. She thought he could become someone as awful if not worse than her father but as they say, keep your friends close and enemies closer.

"I have thought about joining the brigade but I do feel as if Sero will one day become a monster like my father was. I guess the best way to make sure he is taken care of is to stay close and if he starts down the path end his life then and there. I cannot allow such evil to ever walk the Earth ever again, so the brigade certainly helps with that but I will judge my foes myself not by what a paper says."

She would smile and wink at Val she was not really sure she could take on Sero but she would certainly come up with a plan to help with that. He was strong but so was her strength being her massive amount of Jutsu, she would likely need to take him by surprise before he can get prepared. She had no intention of killing him unless he decided to take the wrong path, and if that is the case it was her duty to her village to stop him.

"I can say I likely need you to test me in combat, I have not shown any of my attacks in the village. Not one of you knows my strength besides my overwhelming about of chakra and the fact I seem to process more than one chakra signature. My only question for you is how tough are you, if I am fighting for real it won't be a joke and we can't even safely fight in normal training grounds."

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:53 am

Valen would frown at her words regarding Sero. He could not care less how much she ordered but Sero had given Valen a purpose. He did not appreciate others bad mouthing him. However he stopped to consider things from her perspective. Sero was an odd one at the best of times. Anti-social, quiet, and his aura made things exceedingly difficult for people who tried or had to get anywhere near him.

Frowning at her he would speak. “I certainly don’t mind inducting you myself, it’s just some paperwork. In regards to Sero though. Do you not think you’re being a bit unfair? You both want justice in the world. And are willing to get that justice by wading through blood to do it. What it boils down to is that you don’t like how it feels to be around him do you?” He would ask, his tone curious. He wasn’t being rude, simply trying to get to the bottom of a situation. “Sero can’t turn that off you know..It makes it seem like a predator is stalking you. Like you’re about to be killed by something way higher up on the food chain than you and there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s vicious, it’s brutal, and it’s omnipresent around him. So I understand wanting to not be near him. However he’s never done anything beyond what he says he’s going to and his orders tell him to do.” He would finish as the waiter brought their drinks and appetizers.

Valen began to eat quietly as Kaida spoke of needing a test. He considered her words before shrugging. “My talents lie in Kenjutsu, fire, and water. I mostly utilize Fire through my kenjutsu and am horrifically efficient with the fire element. My water element is powerful but I’m not as talented with it as I am with Fire. I don’t mind clearing a training ground to test you so long as you keep in mind my limits. If you’re as strong as you say you are, keep it in mind. Demonstrate jutsu that my elements can’t counter or at least match and such.” He would explain as he ate. He was more than willing to give her a test if she needed it. However he was far from the strongest in the village.  

[4]

Turning this into a FB for Val from this point on, claiming my 40 Exp up to this point.

Stats:

Yuki Kaida
    Yuki Kaida
    Mist Special Jounin
    Mist Special Jounin

Post by Yuki Kaida Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:32 pm

Kaida would listen and nod her head, he seemed like a fun man for sure as she could certainly enjoy beating him up in the training grounds the better question is what they would both do after this meal, she had a lot of fun ideas planned and he had no idea how freaky her body truly was. She did understand that maybe Sero was a better man but that aura he had made her want to kill him on sight. Almost felt like fear and her response to fear was to kill what scared her, the easiest way to get rid of the threat.

"I guess I can give the man a benefit of a doubt, I will try to meet him again I just... something about him an aura about him makes me feel almost terrified of him. I don't like that feeling makes me want to kill it as fast as I can not knowing why I am scared of him. As for a fight, you really don't have to, if you don't want to."

She would wink at him as she continued to enjoy her meal and drink, so what would they do after this dinner, only time would tell but he was never going to forget this night with her. She would simply smile at him and wink as she finished her food over the next several minutes, after she was done she wondered what he would offer her, would they go to his place, her place, or some other location?

OOC: claiming 4x10 exp before thread went to flashback.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:59 am

At her response to his statements regarding Sero he would nod. It was understandable that the aura that constantly permeated the air around the man made someone uncomfortable and activate the fight or flight response. That was essentially what it was after all, the aura of a primal dread that demanded a reflex response. But her stating that she would give the man the benefit of the doubt and try to meet with him again was all Valen could reasonably expect.

At her words of him not needing to fight if he didn’t want to he would open his mouth to respond that he did not mind but her wink would cause the words to fail to come and he would blink. Was she hinting at the possible ‘something more’ he had referenced before? Probably, although he was not particularly good at subtext. Still the wink seemed obvious enough that even his bone headed lack of sense could successfully pick up on the idea. The meal continued and they both finished their food within the next few minutes and once done he paid for the meal, leaving a generous tip.

Once that was done he would stand and meet her eyes, his red eyes direct in what they wanted as he spoke. “I don’t live far from here if you’re interested..” He would say, his eyebrows raising in question. The ball was in her court once he had made that suggestion and he would respect the decision either way. It certainly wouldn’t be unreasonable for her to decide not to but she certainly seemed interested in the wink from before was any indication at all.

[1] (restarting my count for the purpose of exp tracking)

Stats: