Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Zealous Dreams (FB)

Touka Hozuki
    Touka Hozuki

Village : Kirigakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kenjutsu | Ninjutsu | Suiton
    Class: D
    Ryo: 35,000

Zealous Dreams (FB) Empty Zealous Dreams (FB)

Post by Touka Hozuki Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:11 am

"Okay.. this shouldn't be hard at all. I definitely haven't avoided them multiple times for 2 years even when they knew I was looking in. This won't be awkward at all. I can do this for sure. No... I need to do this. For my father... for him." Touka was having a rough time assessing this situation. Ever since she came back, she avoided everything. Even what was left of her immediate family. This is her attempting to take a step forward and continue on with her life. Being stuck in one mindset is a straight path set for failure. And she isn't a failure. If she was a failure, that would mean that her parents failed with her as well. Touka takes another deep breath. "I will not let their reputation wither and rot. I am their product and their face. I will show everyone how amazing they were."

After clearing her thoughts, Touka set out from her home. The destination: he father's place of work - a blacksmith shop. Walking with a stern posture and a facial expression to match, she hoped it would keep passerby's eyes off of her, though she has no idea if it were working as she avoided focusing on anyone or anything but the road ahead. Eyes forward, anyone who spoke out in her remote direction, she blatantly ignored. Clenching her jaw just in case someone attempted to follow or walk with her. This slow and daunting walk finally came to an end upon reaching a building of middling size, compared to the other surrounding structures. Not big, Not small.

Standing in front of the entrance, she would take another deep breath before reaching for the door. She would instead be startled by the sudden opening of the door as someone were making their exit from the shop. Jumping and taking a step back, she would notice that she had fallen out of the desired character stance choice and quickly readjust to bring back her composure. She would think to herself how much she needs to be ready for anything or else similar events to the ones in the past could happen again. After righting herself and regaining composure, she walked into the shop. Target location, front desk; she walks right up to it. She doesn't say anything to the man standing behind it, though she didn't have to say much.

"Takumi's daughter. You finally came in after all this time. I have been here everyday waiting for the day you chose to come in here. Though, I can't be mad at you in the slightest. It's hard to go through the things you have at the age you are. We've got some of your father's old stuff here and the last bit of his pay. Been holding it all for you specifically. The man would set everything out on the counter and spread it all out for her to see. The last thing he would set out were a set of twin swords. Two beautiful Shinobigatanas in seemingly pristine condition. Touka's eyes are glued to them the moment they were brought out. This was the reason came here. Her father left a note speaking on these along with some money. Any of it were just incase anyone had came home after being gone for so long. He still had hope for them even as he had lost hope in himself.

Touka would reach out and grasp the handle of one of the blades. When she were younger, Takumi had instilled in her the utmost precise care when holding a blade of any form. Holding the hilt, she would lay the blade atop her other hand and inspect it. It would seem to have been very precisely taken care of, and very often for that matter. So much so that there was still a fresh, but light, coating of oil on it. Perfect maintenance. Though, such is to be expected from a blacksmith shop who were caring for such a blade in preparation of her retrieval of such items. The man would speak up again as he watched her. "You've got the same eyes as your father did when he would inspect an item. I knew it were the right choice to be here personally to give these to you."

Hearing those words resonated deep within her. Those words had steeled her resolve even further than they had ever been before, aside from her return to her kidnappers hideout. She stood silently, staring at the sword in her hand. She had begun to feel her father calling to her through the blade itself. She will keep these, at all cost. But only these. She has no training is smithing so she's prefer a new a trainee use them to make a legacy. But even as she thought that, she would know that they would hold on to it just incase she changed her mind. She decided to leave that part out of it. After looking around the shop at the price tags and calculating the price of the twin swords, she would leave 15,000ryo on the counter with little to nothing else but a simple and earnest bow. No words, no collection of anything aside from the set of swords. Not even the money. And with a silent quickness, she would dart out of the shop three times faster than she had entered. This was mainly as the man behind the counter had begun to call out to her.

"Hey wait! I get it, you don't want all this stuff, but at least take the ryo! You don't need to pay for what is rightfully yours! Wait!"

She would walk fast out of the shop and to the right before ducking into a small alley right before the man exited the shop himself. He would look around for a tiny bit before returning inside with a sigh. She stood in this alley clutching and holding these swords tightly to her chest, quietly sobbing. No sound escaping her lips, though tears pour down her face. She would not move for a while. In this moment, she was dedicating herself to these swords, and overall to the legacy of her parents. She will stand tall and let nothing stop her ever. Taking a deep breath, she would wipe her face, recent her posture and turn to exit the alley.

Current ryo total: 35,000ryo
    New ryo total: 20,000ryo

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuin | Tai | Buki | Suiton
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Zealous Dreams (FB) Empty Re: Zealous Dreams (FB)

Post by Raphael Uzumaki Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:14 am

Crouched on the roof of a building, Raphael was about to call it a day when something caught his eye. Of course, it was just his luck for something to happen just as he was about to end his shift. His patrol of the village had been so peaceful and pleasant up until this point, he would let out a small sigh, why did he have to choose to come to the market district today of all days. He could have easily just patrolled the outskirts of the village, or even the lower end district, but no he decided he would end his shift with a small check on the market as things rarely happened there anyway. It would be a quick check and then he would be off to relax back at the Uzumaki clan district, but of course things never went as planned for Raphael. Seeing a young girl bolting from a shop clutching a pair of swords as she ducked into the alleyway, followed not long by the owner of the shop rushing out and looking around as if he was searching for the girl. It shouted that she had stolen the blades, and crimes such as that was not something that would be tolerated within Kirigakure. Raphael would be wearing the full body armor uniform that was required of the Kirigakure Jounin while on duty, black pants and long sleeve shirt, black boots as well as fingerless gloves that also bare the Kirigakure symbol upon the back of them. He had on his silk cloak that covered most of his body, his Kirigakure flak jacket just barely visible underneath. His village Hitai-ate tied firmly to his forehead with a red cloth, the only part of his entire uniform that was worn by his choice as well as held a bit of his personality. Raphael was typically a carefree guy, however thievery was not something the man tolerated, even if it was a child who was the thief.

Raphael would drop down from the rooftop into the alley in front of where the girl was facing, not terribly close but enough to block her path. "You wouldn't happen to have a receipt for those items, would you? The way you bolted from the store and hid makes one think you stole those swords, if you can show me a receipt, I will leave you in peace." Despite the seriousness of his accusation of the girl stealing the items, there would be a kind smile on his face. He didn't know who the girl was or what she was doing, if she had stolen food, he might have not even bothered to try to stop her. Swords however were not essential for survival and therefore he had to do something, even if it was just making the girl return them to the shop. "You know Thief is a punishable crime, right?"

Stats:
    Strength: B
    Constitution: C
    Stamina: B (A++)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: C
    Touka Hozuki
    Touka Hozuki

Character File

Post by Touka Hozuki Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:51 am

Right as she had steeled her resolve and was about to make her way home, a figure would drop down in front of her. Touka would be slightly ready for it as she did just hype herself up. Staring at the stranger in his eyes, as she stands 5'8 even at the age of 15. Her facial expression instantly stone cold, and ready to defend herself at all costs. Her hands had blood on them already, so she feels no issue adding more to them. Then the man spoke up about theft. This confused her and even broke her stone face and replaced it with one full of confusion and distrust.

"Theft? No, I purchased these. I am no criminal." She spoke sternly and confident even when taken aback by the accusation. "You can go ask the man in the shop. He didn't want me to pay for these as they were made by my father who passed 2 years ago, but I paid anyway. I will walk with you and wait outside, though I did leave before receiving a receipt. I just didn't want to take everything he was trying to give me. The stuff was my father's, not mine; nor would I do any of those items justice." She would walk forward in the direction of the shop and stop at the corner of the building and sit down, still clutching the swords. "Just do me a favor and don't tell him that I am out here."

Touka would sit there awaiting for the return of the individual who accused her of stealing. Though she knows that he had to be someone interesting by the way he revealed himself along with his appearance and demeanor. She wasn't a criminal, even though she is hesitant and untrusting of the man, she sat and waited as she is someone to be trusted by all. Even if she wears this stone persona for all to see.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Raphael Uzumaki Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:16 pm

Raphael would eye the girl with a small smirk as she answered, this wasn't his first time catching a thief though. She was trying to get him to go into the shop while she stayed out here, and then once he was in the shop she would bolt and disappear. Unfortunately for her Raphael wasn't going to fall for this trick twice, he wasn't going to take his eye off the woman. "Well, if that is how we are going to play it, so be it." Raphael stated as he formed a single hand seal and created a shadow clone of himself, with a nod the clone would keep its eye on the girl as Raphael would enter the store to go talk to the man that owned the shop. The clone wouldn't say anything simply standing there watching her as Raphael went into the store so that she did not run away, of course once he heard the story from the man that ran the shop Raphael felt extremely foolish and take his leave from the shop without another word to the man. Returning to the girl and instantly dismissing the shadow clone Raphael will bow slightly to her, "My apologies for the accusation, Miss Hozuki." The man owning the store told him everything he needed to know, he would rise back up straight with a small smile. "My name is Raphael Uzumaki, I am a Jounin of the village. I was out on patrol when I saw you dart out of the store, and I jumped to conclusions for that you have my sincerest apology." Raphael would lift an arm behind his head as he apologized to her, he really should have got more information about the situation instead of assuming to know what was going on. Now he felt not only foolish for accusing her but also for not trusting her word and leaving a shadow clone behind to watch her, but he would just have to make it up to her somehow. He would think to himself for a moment as he looked up at the sky, then assuming she did not leave Raphael would look back to her. "Please allow me to buy you lunch to apologize for this misunderstanding."

Stats:
    Touka Hozuki
    Touka Hozuki

Character File

Post by Touka Hozuki Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:43 pm

Touka would click her tongue as the man produced a clone that would stand and stare at her as she sat in front of the shop. Patiently and with an ever growing irritation of a figure looming over her as she sat, her want for being trusted held her anger at bay the whole time as she waited. It wasn't but a few moments before the main body of this man returned, out of the entrance to the shop. His actions showed immediate remorse and apologetic posture as he bowed and apologized multiple times. He offered her lunch as his final apology, to which she hesitated. He was an unknown man after all, even if he did produce his name and rank.

Touka would pause for a second, studying Raphael; looking him directly in his eyes with unwavering tenacity to uncover any possible deceit. She would find none, the longer she thought of the whole situation. She did in fact, run out of the store which normally would point directly towards theft. She would soon soften her glare, though not enough to delete her ever present vigilance. "My trust is hard to earn, even if you do happen to be a Jounin. Though it is only your title and attire that allow me to allow myself to give you a chance. So I will accept your offer, but nothing expensive.”

She would hold the swords tight against her chest as they travel through the market. If he were keeping an eye on her, he would notice that she was keeping as far a distance as possible without making things look weird or suspicious. It not her being antisocial as much as it is her distrust in every individual to ever step foot on the planet. Her eyes dart around without her turning her head, watching as everyone passes by. She doesn't carry much on her at all, as at this point in time, she only carries the two swords and a wallet tucked into her tight crop top. As she followed Raphael, she would even then keep a short distance as she is still wary of him as well. She would think in her head about the fact that he could be considered lucky to even get this much compliance out of her. Though the whole situation is a full internal war of conflicting wants and precautions that don't coincide in the slightest bit. It is going against her rules that she set for herself though at the same time following her long term goal of trusting once again.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Raphael Uzumaki Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:47 pm

"Trust should always be earned in my opinion and you are wise to withhold yours, Miss Hozuki." He would reply with a simple smile, "and do not fret, ramen is often rather cheap." Raphael would add with a chuckle, of course the village paid him well enough that he could afford more that simple ramen. He had plans for his earnings, and despite his accusation against her, he felt ramen was more than an adequate apology. As he began walking, he picked up on the fact that she kept her distance from him, and the swords close to her chest rather than carrying them on her belt. Watching as her eyes and head darted around as they walked, despite the distance behind him she was, he would be often checking behind him just to see if she was still following him. 

He wouldn't say anything to her about it, but he kept a close eye on her as they walked. In fact, he would not speak again until they had arrived at their destination, a small ramen shop. "Here we are, please after you." Raphael stated as he held the door open for Touka, before following in after her. Once they were both inside Raphael would take a seat at the small booth motioning for Touka to sit next to him, of course where she sat was completely up to her. "Two of the house special," Raphael stated plainly to the man behind the counter, ordering for both of them without a second thought of if she wanted something different than what he was getting. He would then turn to the young Hozuki as they waited for their order. 

"So, tell me something, that is if you do not mind me asking of course. Do you even know how to wield those blades? You said your father made them, but did he also teach you the art of the blade?" The whole time he spoke he had a smile upon his face and his tone would be calm and friendly and in no way rude or demeaning in the slightest. In truth he was curious if she had any skills and could provide him with a challenge in training, or if she was a young mind that needed to be molded. While the former would be far more fun for him, the latter would provide him with the much-needed practice of being a sensei that he truly needed. His superiors and other jounin found him to be far too lazy and carefree and on many occasions questioned how he even rose to the rank of Jounin in the first place, of course when he offers to show them how it was that he rose to such rank they would all be too intimidated to allow him to display his skill. There was a reasonable explanation for this of course, He was known throughout Kiri not only for becoming the youngest clan leader in the Uzumaki to date, but his skills as a fighter had also earned him quite a reputation within the walls of the village even if it is also accompanied by the remarks of how he would be greater if he wasn't so lazy or something to that effect.

Stats:
    Touka Hozuki
    Touka Hozuki

Character File

Post by Touka Hozuki Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:43 pm

Silently following and hoping he turns out to be a trustworthy individual, Touka walks behind Raphael. All she is doing is holding parameters for her own sake and sanity. As they reach the ramen shop, he would motion for her to enter first as he holds the door open for her. Though, as much as she is reluctant to enter first, she understands her want to trust this man so she does, though still no word spoken, not even a thanks. His gesture was only met in kind with a furrowed brow and questioning eyes, but nothing filled with malice or disdain. As he walked her to a booth inside the shop, he would sit and motion for her to sit next to him. She immediately sits on the opposite side of the table, and not even directly across from him. Placing the swords across her lap and on the seat equally, she would look around the shop at every individual present. Almost as if to commit every face to memory, watching every move and attempting to listen to every sound. The conversations around her, the shuffling feet of others, the sizzling sounds of cooking in the back of the shop, and the sound of ceramic bowls and metal cooking utensils.

It wasn't too long before Raphael spoke to her once again as they sat there. This time, he was asking about her knowledge and training in the art of the sword. Speaking on her father, he triggered a slightly abrasive expression from her before she replays the question in her head and reasons with herself that she should be more relaxed; at least to hold a simple conversation. She has already spoken to him once, it wouldn't hurt to speak once more. Especially with them sitting for a meal together. This final thought caused her right eye to tear up. Thinking about sitting at a table with an individual reminded her of the days at dinner before the full incident that was the cause of her loosing both of her parents. Immediately missing both of them and missing the dinners she used to have. The tear would roll down her cheek, to the bottom of her chin and drip onto the table as she leans forward, both forearms pressed against the edge.

"He did. Though, it was only the basics." She would say this little bit before falling silent once more. Internally conflicted with herself, she has trouble deciding what to do with this man. Not knowing to trust or not to trust. Wanting to trust yet not at the same time. It was this moment that she thought about a saying her father always said to her before she would run away and lock herself in her room after he attempted to teach her how to make a sword instead of teach her how to swing one. "One should always make the choice to leap or else they will never make any progress. You watch all the time but never pursue, with that attitude you may never grow in the aspects that you aspire and yearn for..." This brought about the memory of her mother, which brought a tear to her left eye. Mimicking the left eye's tear, this one would also fall onto the table, though a little bit more forward than the last as she started to relax more and lean further onto the table. This memory was of her mother practicing the sword under her father's guidance, this normally happened after Touka would run away to her room and an attempt to get her to come back out. It always worked as they would always be laughing and having a good time. Her mother was never good at wielding a sword but she always tried and never quit. This causes Touka to take one deep breath and release it, before looking up to Raphael and studying his eyes for his possible long term intentions. After a few seconds she would let out a loud sigh, normally unbefitting of a cute female such as herself. She wouldn't wipe the tear trails off of her face as she looked at him, though they would seemingly just sink into her face leaving no trace that they were ever there.

"He only taught be the very basics. Kendo is what he called it. The correct stance. the correct grip. The correct motions. All of that. I had plans of learning how to forge as well but I took too long and he is no longer with me, Forever departed, though I refuse to believe they can't hear me as I speak to them every morning. I no longer have the urge to learn how to create swords. Only plan on honing what I was able to learn from him...." She would pause in the middle of another word as she opened her mouth but froze up for a second. Hesitation takes over her once again but she pushes through it as she pictures her mother in her mind. She would stop leaning so heavily on the table and relax a bit more before speaking again. "I see you have swords of your own. Considering the status you claim, is it possible that you have taught others in the way of the sword?" As she asked this question, two bowls of ramen would be placed in front of the both of them. A little startled by the sudden appearance of the worker, her hand instinctually grip the hilt of one of the swords. Once again, her parents' faces would flash in her mind causing her to freeze up. After a few seconds pass, as her eyes are locked on the eyes of the worker who is obviously terrified. She would immediately release her grip on the sword and attempt to wipe the scowl off of her face before apologizing multiple times. Beads of sweat form of her forehead, as she struggles to calm her breath. Unable to do so, she grabs the swords and run out of the shop. As she exits, it begins to rain but she doesn't react to such though she does stop running and slow her pace to a stop about 10 meters from the entrance. She would stand there silently in the rain, unmoving. Seconds pass by. Minutes almost, before she slowly turns around and trudges back into the shop. Completely soaked, she sits back down where she was sitting previously, though this time it was directly across from Raphael. Leaning the swords against the seat and the wall, she would silently scarf down the ramen, drinking the broth as well at an unexpected speed.

Once again, if he were watching her as she did this, he would notice the rain water become absorbed by her hair and skin before leaving her clothes the only thing seemingly soaked and touched by the sudden downpour.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Raphael Uzumaki Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:38 pm

Raphael would watch the younger female as his question seemed to bring a single tear to her right eye before she gave him a short answer that her father had taught her the basics, he was about to say something when he saw another tear form in her other eye. Raphael would hold his tongue, giving her a moment to compose herself. When she began to speak again, he could only imagine how rough the subject of her parents must be for her. He should have thought about that fact before he asked such a personal question, but with his upbringing personal boundaries weren't a thing and he only realizes he goes too far after the fact. He wouldn't have time to answer her question before their ramen arrived, her reaction a surprise to both Raphael and the poor clerk. Though he wouldn't have been in any sort of danger if she had actually drawn the sword, Raphael would be able to stop her in half the time it took her to draw her sword with his chains in such close proximity. Luckily such action wasn't required, after a few seconds she apologized to the work several times before looking as though she was having a panic attack, as a doctor this would cause some concern with Raphael however, he did not stop her as she bolted from the shop. Raphael thought for sure she was going to run off to wherever it is that she lived without the meal he had offered her, but as she ran out into the rain she would not go that far from the shop, stopping and simply standing in the middle of the street in the rain. The whole time she was standing out there, Raphael would be watching her, waiting to see what she was going to do. Wondering if he was going to have to eat both of these bowls of ramen himself, however his wondering would only last a few seconds as she would soon venture back inside and take her seat once more. Watching as she scarfed the ramen down, a small smile would form on his face. "You know, you can have more if that isn't enough. I don't mind at all." Raphael said with a smile before he turned back to his bowl and began to eat his own ramen. Taken a few bites before wiping his mouth with a napkin, Raphael would look back to Touka. "To answer your earlier question yes, I have taught others though my methods are slightly different than ones of Kendo. You see I taught myself to wield every weapon just as proficiently as I wield a sword, I am no way a master in the way of the sword, but I do know a few things that I could show you if you are interested."

Of course, whether or not she took him at his word was completely her choice, Raphael was in no way lying to the woman. He was a specialist with multiple weapons, and he could teach her many things with a sword as well as some other skills that could be useful on a battlefield. Giving her reach reaction to the sudden appearance of the worker however Raphael was trying to pressure her into allowing him to train her, it was simply an offer. If she took the offer then he would teach her all he knew, if she rejected the offer there would be no hard feelings from him and he would wish her luck in her training. In the meantime, however he would return to eating his ramen as he waited for her response.

Stats:
    Touka Hozuki
    Touka Hozuki

Character File

Post by Touka Hozuki Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:33 pm

Touka sits, staring at the empty bowl in front of her for a few seconds before responding. Still remembering the teachings of her father, even though it was all just the basics. That was all he knew and she couldn't fault him for that. He spent so much time making the swords, anyone would understand. She looks up at Raphael, locking eyes for a second before speaking.

"I am interested. I feel I need this to honor my father and make my mother's soul proud for what she couldn't get the hang of. I also need this as I don't want to be so solitary as I have been for years now. As you can probably see, I don't trust easy, and I want that to change. They never wanted me to be this way and I don't want them to worry about me in their afterlife. So if you wouldn't mind teaching me, I would greatly accept."

Touka stares at Raphael with a solid and stern facial expression. This expression vividly exuding determination and desire along with a hidden yearning to better herself. Though that is overshadowed by her want to honor and make her parents proud. No words, as such is a normal thing for her, granted she has probably spoken more in this short time span than she has in the last couple of years. The lack of such, is slowly taking the toll on her underused vocal cords as her throat begins to feel sore and slightly scratchy.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Raphael Uzumaki Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:17 pm

Raphael would finish his own bowl of Ramen, smiling at the young girl's words. It was nice to see that the younger generation was still trying to honor their elders despite the fact that they had passed, the effort alone was something to be commemorated. Seeing the seriousness written all over her face as she spoke, he knew that she meant every word that she had said, and it was for that reason that Raphael knew that she would make a good student. The determination to honor one's parents is often the most powerful of motivators that he knew of and it seemed this young woman was a warrior waiting to be molded.

"I will teach you what I know, though I must warn you. My style of fighting is not the same as Kendo, in fact it may even go against some of the things your father taught you. However, I promise that if you follow my lessons, you will become a great Swordswoman." Raphael would stand from his seat sitting some Ryo on the counter as he stood, looking back to Touka Raphael would flash her another smile. "Come by the Uzumaki Clan District tomorrow morning, I have a training area there that we can use for your studies. I will be waiting, Miss Hozuki." With that and a slight bow Raphael would take his leave from the ramen shop and head home, now long past his time for his patrol to end, the last thing he needed was Hayami yelling at him for being out so long.

Exit Thread

Stats:
    Touka Hozuki
    Touka Hozuki

Character File

Post by Touka Hozuki Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:37 pm

"Okay. I'll be there." Touka responds to the invitation set out by Raphael, ready to increase her skill with the items her father chose to dedicate his time to create. She shall not disappoint him in anyway. As he left, she would watch him leave before sitting and staring into the bottom of the empty bowl and becoming lost in thought. Thinking as if she were speaking to her parents and updating them on her finding a sensei to teach her the way of the sword. She would sit for around 10 minutes before realizing that she was lost in her own mind. Wasting no time, Touka stands up from the table hugging her blades tightly to her chest. Walking over to the server she accidentally scared, she bows and offers many apologies before leaving the shop herself.

Once out on the street, Touka takes a stroll in the rain, walking slowly wondering what she should do next. With nothing to do specifically, she holds the swords out in front of herself, looking them up and down. One thought popped into her head: Training. Turning on her heels, she begins making her way to the training grounds to work on honing in her basic knowledge of kenjutsu: the art of the sword.

(Thread End)

OOC:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:43 am