Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Mother Knows Best

Hanabi Uchiha
    Hanabi Uchiha
    Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Katon, Genjutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kenjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo: Not Enough

Mother Knows Best Empty Mother Knows Best

Post by Hanabi Uchiha Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:36 am

As night fell, Hanabi’s breath began getting airy, her lungs unable to catch up as she ran from her house to a friends place. Her eyes showed panic, her hand clutching her t shirt, dressed in only a baggy shirt and sport shorts with no shoes. She didn’t think about anything besides putting her hair up as she ran out of her house frantically, leaving a woman behind. ‘No.. She shouldn’t be here..’ Her labored breathing picked up, her feet dirty, getting minuscule cuts as she slid to make a sharp turn, entering the Hyuuga compound. ‘Please be available…! Please don’t turn me away!’ Her eyes closed for a moment, her foot hitting something and Hanabi tripping, landing on her stomach and face. A few tears escaped the corner of her eyes as she got up quickly, now all over dirty and bruised up. Hanabi continued to pick up the speed, reaching her desired destination, her foot steps making thumps with step she made against the stairs. Her breathing hadn’t calmed down and her heart was racing, almost about to cry if she were to speak. Hanabi raised her arm, going to knock on the door but hesitated, struck by fear. ‘What if I’m not welcomed?’ Her eyes stared at the door, a light sprinkle of rain dripping down from the sky and suddenly pouring down on Hanabi. ‘Just.. knock…’ She gulped just before she made a loud knock on the door.

Please open up Peragus…

Hanabi stood outside Peragus’ door, loose strands of hair now being weighed down from the water. Her amber eyes slowly glowed a bit as the night grew darker. Did Amber and Ice meet once again?

Village: Konoha
    Titles: The Golden Flower of Konoha, Dragon Queen

Renown: 9,200

Experience: 
    Total - 4798
    unused exp - 8

Ryo:  335,000

Stats:
    Strength: D
    Constitution: D (C)
    Stamina: B
    Speed: B+ (A+)
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: C (B with Sharingan)

Current attunement -
    Weaknessless Soaring Short Swords - Active
    Dread Shroud - Active <+1 CON>
    Phantom Steps - Active <+1 SPD>
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Tai, Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Lightning, Earth, Fire
    Class: S
    Ryo: You fuckin gold digger

Mother Knows Best Empty Re: Mother Knows Best

Post by Peragus Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:29 pm

Peragus’ living situation had changed over the two months or so since Hanabi had seen him last. His personal shop investments had given him enough wealth to move truly into the upper crust of society and his living situation showed it. For the moment he still lived in the same home within the clan compound. But he had plans to upgrade that in the very near future. Still he had redecorated and the furniture within his home was much more lavish than it had been before. He had staff now too and one such member of it opened the door politely. Looking at the rain soaked young woman outside. The man was older, distinguished, and wore a tuxedo that quite obviously showed him as a staff member and had the air of someone who had great pride in his job and took pride that he did it well.

His name was Sorethin and he, and the rest of the staff had been told of Hanabi. Had been told that she might come seeking a safe place, shelter. Had been told that she was to be given it, as Peragus had given his word that it be so. They had also been told of their previous relationship, how it ended, and that it might turn into an emotionally charged situation and probably would immediately. Still, Peragus had told everyone that she was to be brought to him immediately if she came seeking shelter. Whether he was asleep, or ensconced in meditation. So Sorethin simply opened the door wider and stepped aside, giving a polite bow as he spoke. “Good evening Miss Hanabi my name is Sorethin and I work for Master Peragus. He has informed the staff of your potential arrival and has left instructions for you to be shown in immediately should you arrive. I’ll take you to him.” He would say before closing and locking the door behind him and then moving to show her to him.

Peragus was in his meditation room, blindfold off but eyes closed all the same. He was deep in the calming exercises when a polite knock came to the door and Sorethin slid the door aside to show Hanabi within. Peragus wore a white robe, and nothing else. His hair was still mildly damp from a shower. His hands over one another in his lap as he breathed in deeply, slowly. Letting the calming exercise continue for a breath or two before he finally opened his eyes and looked at the woman. The last time they had spoken he had broken up with her, and she had slapped him. Had yelled at him, made him feel like his own feelings had not mattered in the slightest. He cared for her, did still, but he had not loved her and did not know if he ever would.

What right then did he have to be with her as he had been? To waste not only her time and efforts but ultimately his as well? What right had he had to continue their relationship as it had been? None, in his eyes he was freeing her from a relationship that would not ever progress. She deserved, both of them, deserved one that would last. That would result in a mutual love, not a one sided one where only one side was happy. That was ultimately destructive to both individuals. Still he was not the most eloquent individual at the best of times. Perhaps he could have spoken better, made her understand where he was coming from. Perhaps he could not and her reaction had been destined from the start.

Still, he had told her she was always welcome in his home if she needed a safe place. That remained true.

“Hello Hanabi.” He would say simply as he nodded toward a mat across from him. “Please, sit if you wish.” He would continue, inviting her to sit down and get comfortable. “Sorethin will be preparing a room for you now and getting you some dry clothes and a hot meal. You are, as always, welcome to stay as long as you like as my guest.” He would say his tone polite, friendly even. But it lacked that distinct joviality he usually had. That sense of the ‘bad little boy’ in him that always seemed to be the undertone of everything he said. It was a sign that he had been thinking about something. He did not ask what it was that was bothering her. The last thing she had said to him was that she didn’t want to see him for a while and that she should have never trusted him.

At the moment, so far as he knew, he wasn’t welcome in her life beyond providing a safe if she needed it. So her business, her issues, were hers to deal with. They were hers to bring up and not for his to ask of. His icey blue eyes met her amber ones as he waited to see what she would do or say. Gave her the opening to speak, in a quiet, calm environment.

[1]

Renown: 20,625
    Ryo: 5,913,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B++
    • Stamina: B+
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Here
    Link to Known Techniques: Here
    Hanabi Uchiha
    Hanabi Uchiha
    Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Character File

Post by Hanabi Uchiha Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:44 am

Hanabi’s eyes widened, her sight shooting up to the face that opened the door, her leg moving a step back to see a different man. Before she could formally apologize, he began speaking, inviting her in and making sure she was taken care of per Peragus’ request. Her eyes moved to the side, a small blush forming across her cheeks. ‘This wasn’t needed y’know…’ She thought to herself, reluctant to go in but eventually was encouraged to step in. The home did seem a bit homier, more things added and a bit of wealth added in.

Some things have changed since she was last here. She gulped as memories flashed in her mind, her hand covering her mouth, clearing her throat. This.. wasn’t the time to remember. Peragus had opened his house to her and she had to remain modest, even with their current relationship. It wasn’t on good standing but she didn’t think she would need to take his offer so soon. Reaching the mediation room, Sorethin opened the door, letting Hanabi in, which led her to see a damp haired Peragus in a white robe. She went to look back at the hitler but the door had already shut.

Hanabi stayed staring at Peragus, his icey eyes meeting her warm colored eyes once again. There, she felt what she felt when they first saw each others eyes. Goosebumps, a cold thrilling feeling came across her body, almost as if a breeze came over her., A small sneeze coming from her interrupted the feeling, bringing her back down to earth. ‘I better not get sick from this..’ Just as Hanabi went to open her mouth, a small squeak came from her as Peragus spoke first. He invited her to sit if she wanted to at least. She was told to be prepared for a few things coming her way and she made a subtle uncomfortable noise. As if she was uncomfortable with the idea of a butler doing everything for her. It was weird… she wasn’t in Sorethins place this time.

I-…” As she spoke her first word, she realized how quiet it was and how loud she became, making her freeze for a moment. “I-it’s… fine…” She softly spoke, afraid of being too loud. Peragus had sounded a bit different, keeping it mind for a later conversation. Hanabi’s body began to shiver from the warmth now beginning to warm her up. A few teeth clicks here and there, Hanabi remained standing by the door in this quiet and dark room. She didn’t expect to be seeing him so soon. There last interaction didn’t end well with Hanabi slapping Peragus. She was upset, yes, but Hanabi also didn’t realize why Peragus said what he said.

Hanabi only knew that she trusted too quickly, leaving her with the same outcome as anyone else. Leaving Hanabi Alone. She didn’t necessarily love Peragus as in wanting to marry him. Though the option was open, marriage wasn’t a need in her life. She never thought about it in the past so she didn’t think about it with Peragus. She does love him, Care for him, and wants the best for him. Hanabi took a deep breath and let out a slow exhale in the form of her lips making an O. She walked over, next to Peragus yet across from him at an angle. Her damp hair laid across her neck from her putting it up.

The messy hair eventually fell out, hair falling down her back, even onto the floor. Her hair had grown significantly longer, looking as if it wasn’t being taken care of. Speaking of changes, Hanabi has seemed to be a bit thinner. Her eyes didn’t seem to like lively as before and she had bags under her eyes. Something was going on with her as well but unknown to both, they felt the same. She wouldn’t say unless he asked. To put another burden on him wouldn’t be right. Avoiding eye contact for a bit, Hanabi kept her focus on the ground, somewhat zoning out. “Uh-um…” She began to speak.

I’m sorry..

For a second time, Hanabi began to lose it in front of Peragus, tears falling down her face and apologizing for their last interaction. Truth be told, it had eaten her up. She hated how she left it and was afraid he hated her.

I’m sorry for not… understanding your feelings. For slapping you and thinking you just wanted to hurt me. I’ve been so alone for my whole life until recently and I was just so mad at myself for thinking I could be happy again and have someone who lo-…” She caught herself for a moment and she wiped her tears, sniffing in a few times and continuing. “—liking me for who I am… Seeing me for who I was, making me feel like I wasn’t some girl who was a maid to a clan that doesn’t want her.” Hanabi’s feelings poured out, explaining how she felt, especially apologizing multiple times for her slap against him. Then she admitted a few things. “I haven’t slept much since.. I haven’t.. taken care of myself properly… I don’t know why… I’m so used to being left alone but this…” She grabbed her legs and pulled them to her chest, hugging them. “It.. hurt so much more…” She softly spoke, her eyes slowly closing, fighting to stay awake.

…Knock Knock Knock…

Hanabi’s eyes fly open from a second of sleep and she remains in her position. “Don’t let that woman in…” If Peragus we’re to ask why and or who she was, she would reply with three words.

She’s my mother.

Experience: 
    Total - 4798
    unused exp - 8

Stats:

Current attunement -
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:24 am

Peragus’ blue orbs would keep on her, never letting go as he listened to her every word. He did not interrupt, and did not look away. His eyes were deactivated at the moment. Evident by the fact that they were the crystalline blue of the sky and not the stark white of an activated Byakugan. With his peripheral vision he would take in her state. She had not eaten, had not slept, and she seemed like a wild untamed mess. Her hair was in tangles and needed a good combing dearly and all in all she looked like a wreck. Slowly, he tilted his head to one side as he listened to her words before finally nodding.

“I accept your apology.” He would say simply, his tone still the polite, friendly tone it was before. He did not apologize back, for he had done nothing wrong in their previous encounter. For now though he was about to open his mouth to speak when the telltale knock on the front door, barely audible from here, could be heard. Hanabi would seem to suddenly shoot fully awake before she said to not let that woman in.

Peragus of course would only raise an eyebrow as he wordlessly and seallessly activated his Byakugan. He took a look outside before shaking his head. “It’s a messenger, probably with word for me as to a situation regarding my clan.” He would say simply as he heard Sorethin answer the door and bid the messenger to enter. Within a few moments, a girl, no older then twelve or thirteen came into the room and bowed politely, getting on her knees as she did so before she rose. She made no mention of Hanabi or even pretended to notice her as she met Peragus’ eyes. He deactivated his Byakugan and she had bowed and he meet her eyes evenly.

“Peragus Hyuuga, your challenge for clan leadership has been accepted. It will take place in a months time, during which you will request the required day to be freed of missions. You will present yourself to the front courtyard where you will face Lord Hiroshi in single combat. No rules are to be placed on the duel and the last one standing will be the victor, to lead the clan forward in whatever they see best.” The messenger would say. Peragus would listen gravely and nod once. “I have received the message.” He would say simply, prompting the messenger to rise and leave quickly. Returning to their master to bear word of Peragus’ acceptance of the terms.

Turning his eyes to Hanabi once more he would meet them before speaking. “My apologies, it appears the response I’ve been waiting for for days has finally come at the moment of your arrival.” He would say simply. Not even bothering to explain the situation. It was self evident by the message that she had overheard afterall. “Now then, back to what I was about to say.” He would begin taking a deep breath before continuing. “I care about you Hanabi, I do. I want to see you thrive and do well. I want to see you be happy.” He would say as he paused as if to find the proper words. “But a relationship requires love and affection from both sides. I care for you, but I do not know if I love you..” He would say simply his eyes seeming to convey a sadness that had not been present. “I don’t want you to waste your love on someone who won’t return it.” He would say before his ears perked up at the sound of another knocking upon the door.

Seallessly activating his eyes once more he would see a woman that would look a lot like Hanabi and his eyebrows would rise. “It would appear your mother has arrived this time.” He would say as Sorethin opened the door and listened to the woman. “There’s a guest room across the hall with a bathroom. I suggest you dash across and get in the shower. Sorethin will hear the shower and bring the dry clothes and a comb for your hair and such. I’ll talk to your mother and keep her busy. Although Hanabi, I’m not going to lie to her.” He would say, his eyes meeting hers as he raised an eyebrow as if to ask if she understood. The offer of a shower was for her to have a chance to freshen up and at least be presentable. It gave one a better ground to speak from and he could entertain a guest for a time. He did not mind, and in the end if Hanabi simply needed escape then she could dash out the back door. After of course she had showered and cleaned up.

[2]

Stats:

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Hanabi Uchiha
    Hanabi Uchiha
    Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Character File

Post by Hanabi Uchiha Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:43 am

Hanabi glanced to Peragus, her watery eyes leaking more than what they could keep up with. To have him accept her apology, it meant everything to her. Deep down, she really did like Peragus. He was sweet, gentle, assertive, and mostly fun to be around. She relaxed a bit once he mentioned it was a messenger and they had spoken quickly. Her eyes widened from the contents of the messenger and when Peragus returned, she would go to say something but he spoke first. Saying that he did not know if he loved her but he did care for her. Then he spoke again, talking about wasting time. Her eyes went low and she opened her mouth. “I-knock knock knock. Hanabi looked to Peragus in which he confirmed it was her mother. “HANAABI! I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE!” The woman would grumbled and mutter things about the hyuuga clan being high and mighty, questioning as to why Hanabi would be involved as she is. Hanabi took a step back, now being told to go in the shower and that she would be assisted by Sorethin. “Peragus—..” She shouted quickly, trying to get his attention.

I’ll wait for you.. Okay?

Hanabi could have said this after the matter but it seemed like now would have been a good time. Her warm colored eyes looking his his cold embrace and she gave a warm smile to him. Now rushing to the shower, the woman ended up barging in and looking around. “Where is she?” She made a low growl, sniffing the air and wincing. Her face now looking towards Peragus, she placed a hand on her hip and raised a brow. “You. Peraphil— or whatever. The dude who got with my daughter I’m assuming.” She said while pointing with her other hand and waving at the same time. “Where is Hanabi.” She asked.

This woman was named Mina Inuzuka, Hanabi’s mother. Upon everyone’s knowledge, she had left the village and pursued her traveling dreams. Like any Inuzuka, she had a keen sense of smell and claws that she could use. “Oi.” She snapped her fingers a few times. “Where. Is. She.” At this moment, her gold eyes and white hair seemed to Resemble to Hanabi, a little too closely. From the fangs they both bared, their piercing eyes. They almost looked identical. Hanabi in the other room would listen to their conversation, trying to wash her hair but nothing worked. By this time, Sorethin had given her a comb but that comb unfortunately broke. Hanabi turned the shower off and stepped out of the shower, looking in the mirror and at her body that dripped water. Hanabi glanced around everything on the counter and found some scissors that were meant for hair. Picking them up, feeling the cold metal of the object, she open and closed them quickly. Shick, shick, shick. They were sharp indeed. Hanabi grabbed her hair and gave a deep breath, exhaling as she placed the scissors against her hair.

Shick.. Shick…. shick…

Experience: 
    Total - 4798
    unused exp - 8

Stats:

Current attunement -
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:25 pm

Peragus would listen to the woman demand to know where her daughter was and when the, admittedly extremely attractive woman barged her way, past Sorethin mind you, into the home and into his study he would still be in his meditative position. Not even bothering to rise for his ‘guest’ Hanabi’s words of ‘I’ll wait for you’ had left him thinking and his mind was mostly absent from the situation at hand. He listened with an idle ear as the woman demanded to know where Hanabi was and when she had asked it for the last time his blue eyes would blink into focus and look at her, as if just seeing her for the first time.

“Sorry, distracted, something about ‘manners’ and ‘not barging into people's homes demanding things’. I’m sure you understand the importance of such things.” He would say initially, his tone half hearted. He’d heard her quips about Hyuuga acting all ‘high and mighty’ but to barge your way into someones home, past their staff to demand information was extremely arrogant and self centered. “Perhaps you’d like to try this again. This time with a modicum of respect you’d show to anyone. If you have a legitimate, at least civilly worded question for me I’d be happy to respond and even show you the courtesy due a guest. Despite the fact that you came in here unasked, unwelcomed and immediately began demanding information.” He would say, his icy blue eyes meeting the woman’s amber gaze levelly.

The woman did not even begin to frighten him, and anyone looking at him could see it. His posture was completely relaxed, as if he was in absolutely no danger at all. Despite the sudden appearance of the loud, brash, demanding, and arrogant woman in front of him. Nodding wordlessly to the cushion across from him he would silently make the first effort to be civil by offering her a seat. Should she accept, and only should she accept. Would he begin to speak. “Now then, you’ve come seeking Hanabi? She’s showering at the moment, she showed up a few minutes ago looking a fright and I invited her to clean up in a guest room. Sorethin, the man you pushed past at the door, was in the process of making a room for her so that she could stay the night. An offer I’ve made her if she ever felt she needed it. Which apparently, she does.” He would say simply as Sorethin moved, obtrusively between the two with cups of hot tea and leaving.

Meeting Mina’s eyes Peragus would raise an eyebrow. “I’ll insist that you allow her to freshen up in peace and come out when she’s ready. Until then, feel free to meditate if you wish. Or if you wish you’re welcome to converse with me.” He would finish, his icy blue eyes unwavering as they met Mina’s.

[3]

Stats:

Hanabi Uchiha
    Hanabi Uchiha
    Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Character File

Post by Hanabi Uchiha Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:30 pm

Mina would glance to Peragus, a smug look on her face, her hand gliding against everything, no trail left behind, showing how clean the place was. Mina would hear him out and would feel the concern in his voice for Hanabi but still held nothing against him. His words stuck to her but she chose to push them off to the back of her head for the time right now, accepting the seat that he offered to her. She would place her bottom on the seat, her right leg crossing over, giving off a very high superiority demeanor. She didn’t wear anything lavish but she did carry herself with confidence. Unlike Hanabi, Mina inherited the slits the Inuzuka clan carried throughout their blood. Her eyes far more sharp than Hanabi, left with no care or love in the world. She would not apologize but she would continue on a different path. “I’ve heard rumors… The dogs around here tend to come to me and update me with things, almost like I have an understanding with them…” She stated, her lips pursed a bit, glossy and with a subtle smirk. “I’ve heard about you and Hanabi.. I heard what happened…” Her eyes darted to the hallway as the shower could be heard turning off. Mina remained silent during this time before the shower started back up again, to them, it would seem like she was saving water between washes. Mina sat up, placing her leg down and locking her fingers together, her eyes glowing softly. “I’m gonna cut this short. Hanabi is coming with me.” She stated point and clear, like a clean cut through paper. “She has no room to be hurt anymore and she has too many people here who will let her down.” Mina’s eyes softened for a moment, showing vulnerability. “..she doesn’t need that again.

While Mina spoke, Hanabi washed her hair free of any debri and tangles, hair falling down her body, tears blending in with the water that went down her face. Hair left on the bathroom floor, looking as if a matted dog had gotten a hair cut. The hot water ran down her body, her vision fading into a blur before she shook her head and turned the shower off once more. Whatever clothes was given to her, she put them on and towel dried her chopped up hair. A stern look reflected back to Hanabi, looking exactly like her mom at this point. As if a side by side comparison were to be shown on a show, there would be no difference. The door would open and Hanabi would walk out, seeing Mina act coy and friendly. Mina looked to Hanabi and her eyes widened, standing up.

Hanabi Inuzuka-Uchiha! Your HAIR!

Experience: 
    Total - 4798
    unused exp - 8

Stats:

Current attunement -
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:25 am

She accepted the offered seat and begin to speak of rumors she had heard of him and Hanabi. Rumors that she had heard from..dogs? Really? Peragus would blink at that, not able to quite believe it. But he would let her continue. He waited for her to get to the point as they both heard the shower start and stop again. An unnecessary gesture but one that Hanabi would make nonetheless. Still, eventually Mina would get to the point and state that Hanabi was coming with her. A statement that would gain a raised eyebrow out of the blue eyed Hyuuga. She would go on to comment about how Hanabi had no room to be hurt anymore and has too many people who will let her down. That she did not need that again.

Peragus raised the second eyebrow before finally responding. “Well first, I find the idea of you using dogs as your rumor mill rather laughable. I understand the Inuzuka’s affiliation with the animals. However dogs don’t have the same social hierarchy or understanding of human matters. Using them as a rumor mill is rather subpar at best.” He would say, pointing out that anyone with a second neuron firing up stairs would take what a dog said regarding human behavior of any kind with a grain of salt.

When it came to her stating Hanabi would be going with her Peragus tilted his head to one side. “Strange, I believe she’s an adult woman. Capable of making her own decisions in that regard. I won’t stop her if she wishes to leave with you, and you won’t stop her if she decides she wishes to stay here or leave without you.” He would continue resting an elbow on his knee and setting his chin within it. He never once lost that relaxed air about him, supremely unworried about the world around him or any potential threat within it. When Mina went on about people hurting Hanabi and how she did not need that again Peragus would laugh. “And yet she went to someone who did hurt her rather than be anywhere near you. Before you arrived she begged me not to let you in. She chose to come here, where she knew she might very well not be welcome because I made her a promise that she had a shelter here, safety, and clearly she feels the need of that, specifically from you. I intend to keep that promise.” He would say before the door opened and his eyes flickered to Hanabi for a moment before shooting back to her mother. He knew his words would probably hurt, and or anger the woman. So he wanted to be prepared for her reaction. Still, he would frown slightly at what Hanabi had done to her hair. “A shame, I liked it long on you.” He would say, more to himself to anyone else after Mina had exploded.

With a smooth grace Peragus would rise to his feet, a polite gesture, as Hanabi was standing. It should be noted that he had not risen for Mina when she showed up. The difference between the two being that Hanabi had knocked and been shown in. Whereas Mina had knocked and pushed past when the door opened. One made him much more inclined to politeness than the other.

[4]

Stats:

Hanabi Uchiha
    Hanabi Uchiha
    Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Character File

Post by Hanabi Uchiha Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:02 pm

Hanabi would wave off her mothers comment about her hair but feel sheepishly embarrassed when Peragus commented on her butchered hair. Her face would grow red a bit and she would look to the side. “D-did you now…” Mina would over look her daughters reaction and grab her by the wrist which would cause Hanabi to take a step back, resisting the grab. “That’s not the point Hanabi! Why did you cut it! I knew I shouldn’t have left you in this village.” She would click her tongue and scoff while looking to Peragus, almost blaming him for this incident. Hanabi’s eyes would squint a little at the gesture and she would end up pulling away from her grasp, holding onto her wrist. With a simple blink, her eyes shined from a bright red to a gold, her one tomoe turning into two and suddenly turning into three. “That’s enough, mother.” Her tone changed form a nervous girl to a stern and confident woman. “Peragus has done nothing wrong to me. In fact he is one of the few people who didn’t judge me for who I was!” Hanabi would grow a bit louder, anger obviously coming from her tone of voice. Mina would look at her daughter, going to say something but Hanabi’s hand pushed her back, into the seat she originally sat in. “Unlike YOU, mother, he didn’t abandon me and I see that now! He just…” Her eyes would soften as she looked to Peragus but return to that sharp and angered look. “..he doesn’t know yet.” Hanabi would close her eyes tightly, holding some emotion back before opening them again and revealing her regular amber eyes. “Mom… I’m okay.” She would say with a cracked voice. “I am twenty years old.. I will be fine.. I can take care of myself. I have people. I have Airi, another Hyuuga… I have someone named Taco who is a Senju, my best friend Neo from childhood. You weren’t fond of her but you never spoke about our meetings..

Hanabi’s eyes would tear up, Mina looking back at her daughter, her eyes wide with more shock than anything. Hanabi had grown into a fine young woman and Mina had realized this, despite not being there for her when she needed her the most. Hanabi would wipe her tears away and sniffle, looking up to Peragus. “I have him.. Someone who is dear to me, someone who doesn’t know how they feel but I am there with him.” She gave a warm hearted smile to him and looked back down to her mother, crouching down and placing her hand on her cheek, Mina returning the same gesture. “I don’t.. hate you..” Their eyes looking softly into each other, side by side looking just like a carbon copy of each other. “I’m just disappointed in you…” Hanabi would let her hand slowly fall from her mothers cheek while back up from her, Mina left in shock. Mina would make a fist but soon place her face into her hands, her hair falling down and over her face. “I know..” Mina would say. Hanabi glanced to Peragus one last time and shook her head, letting him know not to worry. Her eyes would glance down to Mina fairly quickly and then look to a guest bed room, trying to give a hint to Peragus to have her stay the night with Hanabi. After a moment of silence, Mina would wipe her face and stand back up and face Peragus, giving him a respectful bow, even going as far as going on her knees and touching her forehead to the floor. Hanabi would cross her arms and close her eyes, her heart pounding.

Holy shit… I just stood up to my mom….

Experience: 
    Total - 4798
    unused exp - 8

Stats:

Current attunement -
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:59 pm

Peragus would simply remain quiet, letting the two women deal with each other. That always seemed to be the safest course of action so far as he was concerned. He watched as Mina tried to grab Hanabi’s wrist. He was almost ready to step in and deal with that when Hanabi seemed to take care of things herself. He watched as her red eyes turned golden and strange marks began to appear in them. Peragus wasn’t as familiar with the Sharingan as he was with the Byakugan for obvious reasons. However he imagined that something or import had just occurred. Why that would have been he could not begin to guess and he began to wrap his mind around the question as the two women had their little spat.

This wasn’t a particularly dangerous situation. Tense, sure, but not dangerous. He has no fear for his safety or well being, and while Hanabi had certainly been scared when she arrived. Mina did not seem to be trying to actually hurt her, more trying to protect her too much. That meant he doubted she would hurt anyone here and he knew Hanabi wouldn’t either. He considered it for a moment before coming to the conclusion that the emotionally charged situation must have caused some kind of progression.

That led to interesting thoughts about the Sharingan and the Uchiha clan as a whole. If heavy emotional situations were the key to progressing ones Sharingan. Then that meant the entire clan, or at least a sizable percentage compared to most clans. Could be extremely emotionally unstable. That was something to keep in mind when dealing with them and he made a mental note to have a real conversation with one with experience about it. The possible ramifications were interesting to say the least.

He would note Hanabi’s glances and sigh audibly before waving his hand toward her. Silently giving ascent, it was his house, but it was hers too when she needed it and if that meant she wanted her mother to stay with her than that was that. “Sorethin will bring you both some supper. However I’m going to retire. Good night Hanabi, Mina.” He would say, before moving to leave the room and go to his own rooms in the home. They were a bit further in now that he had upgraded his living situation. With that decision he would leave them alone to deal with their issues themselves.

[Attempted Exit]

[5]

Stats:

Hanabi Uchiha
    Hanabi Uchiha
    Leaf Special Jounin
    Leaf Special Jounin

Character File

Post by Hanabi Uchiha Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:33 am

Hanabi and Mina would look to Peragus and nod before talking for some time, Hanabi giving a small wave to Peragus as she spoke to her mother. The two were very different in views but they ended up coming to a conclusion and agreeing to each others demands. Hanabi would show Mina to a guest room while Hanabi would remain on the couch, staring off into a void. Her eyes felt heavy, but before she could manage to fall asleep, Hanabi began touching her botched hair.

‘A shame. I liked it long on you.’

The words would repeat in her head before her hand would slowly fall down to her thigh and her body would slowly give out, eyes falling closed and she would sleep for the first time in a while. Hanabi would sleep on the couch with no care in the world but a small smile on her face, happy to finally get some rest. She would sleep until woken up, her breathing at a steady and calm pace. Just moments before truth..

[exit thread]

Experience: 
    Total - 4798
    unused exp - 8

Stats: