Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Buildin Up a Stampede (Anzo)

Peragus
    Peragus

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Tai, Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Lightning, Earth, Fire
    Class: S
    Ryo: You fuckin gold digger

Buildin Up a Stampede (Anzo) Empty Buildin Up a Stampede (Anzo)

Post by Peragus Sat May 13, 2023 12:40 pm

Peragus moved into the training ground and headed for one of the upper floors. He preferred practicing up there as it gave him a sense of privacy. Beyond that he was simply wanting to get some work on practicing some jutsu today. He had quite a bounty of them to learn from Raijin and now he needed to go through them all and make sure he could utilize those he could. In some cases he was training new ones too and he was of course keeping an eye out for those that would be good fits to learn some of them. Except one of course, one of the techniques he wanted to keep for himself and probably Airi.

Still for the moment it was quite as he moved into his preferred little nook of a training area on the sixth floor. Masae would be by in a little while once she realized he had ditched her. He generally liked being alone at times. Or rather he was rebelling a bit against her prerogative of being nearby at pretty much all times to act as a bodyguard that he simply did not need. Still, she had sworn a life debt to him. Denying it had been out of the question and now he had to deal with that fact. At times though his general ‘bad little boy’ personality would shine through and he’d slip off when she wasn’t looking or before she had finished getting ready for the day. That would force her to track him down and that amused him greatly. She would be annoyed, they both knew he did it to rebel and because he did not think he needed a bodyguard. He would apologize to her and promise to never do it again. Which they both knew would be a lie.

Still, for the next little while though, Masae would be trying to track him down. So he had time to indulge in a bit of practice. Forming a familiar black sphere with an orbiting ring around it he would look at it intently. It was a powerful technique, but he knew he could do one even stronger. However he could not here in these training grounds. The size of the resulting explosion was too large to not cause damage. So he would have to practice the larger one someone else in the future. For now though he was simply admiring the form of the deadly sphere in his hands. His seemingly blindfolded eyes still fully capable of seeing due to his Byakugan.

In speaking of his normal blindfold he had traded in his old one of a Konoha headband across his eyes. Instead he had a new one with an eye in the center of it. His Konoha headband was wrapped snugly around his arm now, displaying the symbol proudly.

[1]

Renown: 20,625
    Ryo: 5,913,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B++
    • Stamina: B+
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Here
    Link to Known Techniques: Here
    Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Village : Konohagakure

Buildin Up a Stampede (Anzo) Empty Re: Buildin Up a Stampede (Anzo)

Post by Anzo Aburame Sat May 13, 2023 3:45 pm

Anzo had been on his way to the Grand Training Facility already when he stumbled across some woman with quite a scowl on her face. The Aburame didn't always interfere in the lives of others, and he certainly didn't tend to do so when they were very clearly in a mood to kick someone, but there are two very good reasons to stop and see if he could help: 1. she was a new face to him and b. she had quite a beautiful face at that, despite the frown.

"Ah, hello miss, can I do anything to help you?"

The woman turns the scowl on him and makes some remark that he can't help her unless he can help her find someone. Unfortunately for both of them, Anzo wasn't quite so adept at tracking others unless he'd been in contact with them before, but he was at least kind enough to hope that she would find whoever she's looking for. The Aburame thinks to himself that she must be looking for her boyfriend; such a shame. No matter, he continues to the training facility, and slowly heads up through the elevator to the sixth floor. Anzo had been banned from training on the fifth floor, he supposed due to all the damage he'd done to training dummies there. He'd just have to make sure and clean up after himself this time.

He steps off the elevator just in time to realize he's not alone, but the lift is already traveling back down, which traps him there. Even so, it only takes him a moment to recognize Peragus. He was quite famous, so one tended to know his name and face even if they had never seen him before, and Anzo had seen him once at least.

"Ah, Peragus. We meet again."

A sudden idea comes to Anzo suddenly, realizing it's the perfect time to perhaps gain a bit more knowledge. His training these days was slowing down, but training with someone was likely to speed up the process, especially with someone much higher ranking like Peragus.

"I'd heard you left the village on some sort of mission to defeat a very powerful missing nin that had threatened Konoha to some extent. I don't suppose you learned something in your travels during that time...?"

It wasn't the smoothest transition to a request to train with him, but Anzo wasn't particularly known for his skill with speaking. He moves a bit closer to Peragus as he pushes the brass colored sunglasses up onto the bridge of his nose. He was only slightly taller than Peragus, with spiky blond hair only adding to his apparent height, and the long red jacket that covered his body from his nose to his ankles somewhat made him appear taller as well. He towered over most people, but at least Peragus came very close to matching his height.

Stats:
    Strength: D
    Constitution: C
    Stamina: B+
    Speed: D
    Coordination: S
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: C
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat May 13, 2023 4:03 pm

As he held the black sphere within his hand. The small ring around it circling it like the ring around a planet. The Hyuuga would see with his Byakugan another individual making his way in his direction. A tall individual, with spiky blond hair and brass colored glasses wearing a red coat. An individual that Peragus had already met once before. One ‘Anzo Aburame’ seemed to be at the facility to do what everyone came to the facility to do, train. Yeah I know, who could’ve guessed right? Anyway, Peragus turned toward him as he approached, a polite way of showing that he had been noticed without commenting on it with his back turned. That tended to be seen as a little rude in his experience.

Anzo would greet him and Peragus would return it, his tone carefree and jovial. “Indeed we do Anzo, coming to gain strength are you?” He would ask his eyebrow raised in wry amusement. As if there was anything else Anzo would be here doing. Unless he was looking for him for specifically for some reason. Peragus scanned the village for Masae and found her after a few moments. She was checking around his favorite ramen stand at the moment. Which meant he had time.

That was the beautiful part about trying to be hide and seek as a Hyuuga. He could see where she was looking and simply avoid her. She however, could not, and he knew it infuriated her to no end. Still, that wasn’t the point at the moment. Anzo would proceed to ask if he had picked up anything interesting when he and Kimiko had gone to take out Raijin and he smirked. “A few things sure. Some I’d keep to myself and my clan but most I’m more than wiling to teach.” He would say holding up his hand for emphasis. “This one for example is called the ‘Spiraling Sphere’.” He would say and then tossed it as an example. It flew through the air and impacted an area before detonating in a 50m wide explosion that would fail to reach either Peragus or Anzo. “I’ve also picked up a slew of earth techniques and a few interesting other techniques. For now, let’s start with the Spiraling Ring.” He would say before holding his hand up. “No hand seals, just control and shape manipulation. Really pack in the chakra and keep the shell from breaking around the outside. Shape it carefully, try to make it look like mine.” He would say, beginning the lessons immediately. Peragus wasn’t usually one for wasted time when training was to be done.

[2]

Teaching Anzo Spiraling Ring

Jutsu:

Stats:

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Sat May 13, 2023 4:47 pm

Anzo shrugs noncommittally when asked if he's coming to the grand training facility to gain strength. Both he and Peragus were aware, it seemed, that the question needn't be asked, but neither found harm in small talk.

"As one should, unless they want to be overshadowed by their own peers."

Anzo chose not to mention that he was running out of techniques to train from the archives of jutsu that the village kept track of; not everyone needed to know that Anzo was rapidly filling out his utility belt of techniques to a maximalist degree. With Peragus turning towards him, the Aburame of course notices the strange dark orb with bright white rings orbiting around it. For some strange reason, the sight of it makes his blood feel cold, though he can't possibly think of why. He watches Peragus throw the thing and then nearly jumps at the sudden 50 meter explosion caused by such a strange chakra orb. Anzo stares after the crater for a few moments before he refocuses his attention to the famed Hyuuga. He's certainly glad the training facility is built to withstand quite a lot of possible internal damage, but that was certainly a technique.

"Mm, I see! Pure chakra, without handseals..."

The Aburame raises his right hand to about chest level so he can watch closely to what he's doing as chakra begins to build in the palm of his hand, forming first something like a shell, but it feels weak. Anzo's eyebrows furrow and his intense focus on forming the outer shell is apparently picked up by his Kikaichu, because they begin to swarm around the orb, using their bodies to help him better contain the chakra as the orb turns a dark green, matching Anzo's natural, if odd, chakra coloration. As the orb of chakra is flooded with more and more, becoming a dense ball, it starts to turn dark enough that the green tint disappears, and a circular white ring begins to take form.

Anzo is a bit surprised to catch on so quickly, even with his Kikaichu assisting him with their ability to swarm and his heightened chakra control thanks to his medical training, but he draws back his arm and throws the orb hard, allowing it to sail through the air and land next to Peragus's own crater, making a second similar one.

"By Hagoromo."

OOC: 250/250 Spiraling Ring

Stats:
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Tue May 16, 2023 11:19 am

His reaction to the technique would be as expected and Peragus would nod in agreement. Then he would turn toward the man and raise a single finger. All of the carefree attitude completely removed from his expression and tone. The finger was used as enunciation for the words he was about to say. “Do not actually throw this next one. Form it, I’ll confirm it’s correct, and then disperse it. The damage it would cause to the floor and ceiling would be quite significant. If you want to see it for yourself in action go out far away into the training grounds to try it. Its destructive radius was large enough to eradicate an entire outpost of a minor nation. Do not underestimate it. Ere toward paranoia and caution where its damage radius is concerned. To put it into full perspective I measure it at about ten times the size of the one you just used.” He would explain fully before opening his head fully and forming a similar looking sphere to the previous one.

This one would be different though, it would be bigger, with a second set of rings around it. Both rings crossing over each other at opposite sides of the sphere. The condensed chakra in the sphere could be felt on the air itself. Goosebumps formed on his arms as he formed the technique and held it. “The Great Spiraling Ring, is the big brother to the first version you just used. The cost of this technique in chakra is almost as much as two S rank jutsu. It’s not one to be used lightly.” He would explain as he held the technique long enough for Anzo to get an idea of how much chakra he would need to use to form it. Then he simply let it disperse, the jutsu rotating itself clear out of existence. “Again, just work on forming it. I’ll use my Byakugan to confirm how densely packed with chakra it is.” He would instruct the man, nodding for him to give the jutsu a try.

[3]

Teaching Anzo

Name: Great Spiraling Ring
    Power: S
    Activation Cost: 50
    Upkeep Cost: -
    Range: 500m
    Speed: S
    Element: -
    Skill: Ninjutsu
    Classification: Exclusive
    Requirements: -
    Parent Technique: Spiraling Ring
    Hand Seals: -
    Description: Just like before the user creates a dark purple Rasengan-like orb of chakra surrounded by a series of white rings of chakra that orbit the main sphere. These rings then align into one disc-like shape around the orb, causing the rings to resemble planetary rings. This attack however is incredibly more dangerous and can cause widespread destruction. This attack is no longer up close but can cause an explosion so massive it can be seen from miles out. A mushroom cloud will follow from the explosion itself comparable to a small nuke.
    Weaknesses: Since the scale of this attack is so massive. There is a 5 post cooldown to use again.

Stats:

Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Tue May 16, 2023 11:40 am

Anzo is a bit surprised when Peragus's demeanor changes so drastically, and the change in facial expression combined with the extremely serious tone makes it clear that Peragus's statement of not simply throwing the technique he's about to learn next is being made with deadly gravity and earnestness. The Aburame doesn't respond verbally for a moment as Peragus explains the destructive power of just such a technique, and he wonders momentarily if it would be wrong for him to ever learn such a jutsu. After thinking on it a moment longer, he decides that his own hesitancy to even learn the technique for fear of its destructive power might be what at least makes him an appropriate person to learn it. With Peragus's Byakugan, he can likely actually see a bit of the fear and then the decisiveness playing over Anzo's face as he thinks these things, though the Aburame would think his face was stoic and firm as ever.

"I see. In that case, you'll likely not see me use it much after I learn it, but I'd be lying if I claimed not to see why such a technique might be useful to know about."

After observing the size of the much larger densely packed ball of chakra, while Peragus explains how he'll use his Byakugan to determine if he's made the technique correctly. Knowing that chakra in such a dense configuration actually has weight, he braces his own right hand with his left as he begins to flood his own palm with chakra, with the Kikaichu once again assisting him with forming it by using their bodies to ensure that the chakra holds its shape while he continues to pour more and more chakra inside. Anzo grits his teeth as the ball grows, despite his attempt to keep it smaller; the effort required in doing so hopefully ensures that the chakra is so condensed as to be formed correctly. Soon after the twin white rings appear, forming a cross where they intersect, Anzo holds it as the Kikaichu themselves pull away, back inside his jacket and allowing Anzo to keep the orb's form on his own this time.

Anzo waits until Peragus confirms that the technique has been formed correctly, and only then does he allow the chakra to bleed off the orb, dispersing the chakra into the air rather than simply letting the chakra go all at once; if the explosion caused by throwing it is ten times as large as the usual technique, he's going to be much more careful with it, and he only relaxes once the chakra making up the orb harmlessly spirals away like a galaxy.

"I didn't even know there were ninjutsu quite so heavy on chakra use. Incredible."

OOC: 300/300 Great Spiraling Ring

Stats:
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Tue May 16, 2023 12:40 pm

At Anzo’s words Peragus would nod his head in understanding. The truth of it was that jutsu experimentation was common with shinobi. Experimenting with Spiraling Ring in testing could theoretically lead one to accidentally develop the more powerful version. It was after all only a stepped up version of the weaker form. It was arguably the first thing someone would try to do when experimenting. Testing such a jutsu without knowledge in advance when it’s destructive yield was so powerful was..ill advised. So Peragus would simply rather show Anzo the truth of the technique now. Introduce him to it, so that he did not accidentally hurt himself or someone else in possible experimentation.

“There are multiple reasons to learn jutsu. To heal and aid, to protect and fight, and to understand. I’m showing you this technique because if you ever tried to experiment with the original it’s not at all impossible for you to accidentally make this one. An accident in where it was tested in could be fatal to someone. Better to show you now, where you can understand the risks involved. Show you now so you can understand the consequences without accidentally facing them yourself.” He would explain

Anzo would begin to practice the jutsu and Peragus would watch carefully until it was completed. When the second ring formed he would nod his head at Anzo. The signal to disperse the technique. Then he would consider what to teach him next. Finally coming to a decision he would turn toward him. “Copy my movements, I’m going to walk you through the practice kata’s of a taijutsu style.” He would say, turning toward him and back up a few meters to give them both space to work. "It aids in your own movements while hindering the opponent's ability to keep track. It’s called ‘Emit Destroy Palm’ and uses both open palm and closed fist strikes, as well as kicks to engage an opponent.” He would explain before failing into the opening stance. Wordlessly he would form a hand into the seal of confrontation and make a shadow clone. Said clone would move to Anzo, picking up a stick from somewhere where no stick was before along the way. Narrative powers, fuck off.

Said clone would use said stick to gently tap the man at the elbows, wrists, legs, and knees to help guide any imperfections out of the opening stance. Only if necessary mind you, for all he knew Anzo was a prodigy, but the clone was simply there to help. Then Peragus would begin moving through the kata’s, moving slowly at first until finished and then speeding up. Wordlessly expecting Anzo’s to do so as well. They would run through it ten times, each time increasing the pace. Then once finished Peragus would nod and reach into a hip pouch and pull out a bottle of water and toss it to Anzo. “Small break, drink up, then we’ll continue.” He would say, intent upon moving through the extensive jutsu list.

[4]

Teaching Anzo

Name: Grass Shadow-Style Emit Destroy Palm
    Power: A
    Activation Cost: -
    Upkeep Cost: 10
    Range: -
    Speed: -
    Skill: Taijutsu
    Parent Technique: -
    Description:The Shadow style, created by the Grass village is one of the more potent hand to hand techniques in the land. Their style was quite famous, and for good reason. The style confuses enemy tracking with erratic movement and quick strikes. A pure taijutsu style in which the user delivers a set of open-handed as well as closed-fist hits along with kicks to the opponent. This series of attacks is so fast that it can barely be followed by the naked eye. This style improves Speed by +. And Coordination by ++. Those trying to track the users movement suffer a -- to Perception.
    Weaknesses:

Stats:

Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Tue May 16, 2023 1:07 pm

Anzo nods with understanding at Peragus's explanation of why he would need to learn the technique, realizing that experimentation with anything that involved such destructive force would be paramount to suicide. Even still, he wonders if he could reform the Great Spiraling Ring into something far less deadly, but just as destructive. He ignores that idea for now; he can figure it out somewhere safer, far away from others, and even then, probably with the assistance of his own shadow clones.

Now that training with the first two jutsu are done, Peragus lets the genin know that they'll be training something completely different, a Taijutsu style this time around. Anzo decides not to say, out loud, that he's learned quite a few Taijutsu styles just from watching others and even had one of his own, and it turns out that he's right to stay silent, because the kata for this particular style are hard to follow. It didn't hurt that he'd been learning those styles at his own pace from various scrolls left for ninjas to train with as well as watching a pair of green oddities that had literally practiced their own techniques thousands of times. Anzo follows along to some degree of accuracy, but he winces a bit every time the shadow clone Peragus made as a training aid needs to step in and move his joints into the correct positions for the style. It's almost a bit embarrassing, but it goes to show that he's not always getting the techniques right on the first try.

Finally, they move through the actual kata themselves, rapidly increasing the pace every time they go through the motions, until Anzo is sweating with the exertion; still, he feels as though he's accomplished the fighting style well enough that he can sink into it and make use of its attacks effectively. At its fastest, it was impossible for him to keep up with Peragus was doing, and so it was purely by muscle memory that Anzo was able to complete the last few cycles of kata.

With the final run through of the kata complete, Anzo stands tall once more, catching the water bottle mid-flight towards him. He pauses for a moment, then uses his free hand to unlatch the top few buttons of his longcoat, exposing his face before he swallows down the contents of the water bottle over the course of only a few moments, before he sets aside the empty plastic container, so he can properly throw it away later.

OOC: 250/250 Grass Shadow-Style Emit Destroy Palm

Stats:
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Tue May 16, 2023 1:11 pm

Once the break had been over Anzo would set aside the container, Peragus' clone would disperse before Anzo even took the first drink of water. The Hyuuga would nod his head in approval now that Anzo had the next technique down. "Good job, next we wi~" He would begin to say before his eyes caught someone approaching and a smirk appeared on his lips.

Apparently Masae would finally run down the list of possible locations and finally arrive here and Peragus would grin in her direction as she came through the tree’s and spotted him and Anzo. Her look was vastly annoyed as she approached. When she arrived her demeanor was cold and her somewhat frosty glare would crash upon Peragus with all of the effect of a wave upon a rock. “Good morning Masae, I see you’ve finally managed to find me. Come to take station to watch me back now have you?” He would ask, his tone jovial and annoying. Her eyebrow would twitch in annoyance before she spoke. “I would appreciate it if you waited for me before leaving master. It’s rather hard to perform the task of a life debt. That being, to protect you and give my life for yours if necessary, if I’m not near you.” She would say. He waved a hand at her dismissively. “Sure, sure, I promise, I’ll never do it again.” He would say and she would sigh with the air of someone that has had this conversation a few times already.

Masae of course was fully loaded for bear, Kusanagi ready on her hip and her sharp, wary eyes, ready for any threat that might show itself to her master. Peragus would look toward Anzo and jab a thumb at her. “This is Masae, my keeper. I met her in the Land of Tea and she decided I was just so precious and that she wanted to keep me.” He would say, his tone becoming filled with rampant glee.

Masae would sigh at this before turning to face Anzo and speaking. Her tone again filled with mild aggravation, although a hint of an amused tugging at her lips could be seen if one looked hard enough. “He saved my life and the lives of some kidnapped children after he bought out the entire damn country. He saved me before I was to be..well…taken advantage of. I swore my life to protect his.” She would explain, to Peragus’ nodding. “Yeah, that too.” He would say before clapping his hands as if the playtime was over. “Alright, Masae I’m teaching Anzo some techniques, if you’re gonna play bodyguard than go ahead and do it, but maintain a safe distance. You’d look pretty silly if i had to save you rather than the other way around.” He would say, omitting the fact that the reason she had made the life best was because he had already done exactly that. To which she would nod in understanding before wordlessly taking flight using another of the Techniques Peragus could be teaching Anzo soon and rising into the air to keep watch. Again, as if Peragus wasn't already.

Then he would turn back toward Anzo before speaking, a hint a grin still tugging at one corner of his mouth as he spoke “The next technique is a style specific taijutsu move. It’s a derivative of the style I just showed you. It’s called ‘Light Meets Dark’. It's a brutal combination of speed and surprise.” He would say forming another shadow clone and sending it across from Peragus. “I’ll demonstrate. Then you’ll try with a clone of your own.” He would say before turning to face his clone. Who frowned at him “I don’t wanna be the dummy.” He would say to which Peragus would shrug and respond with “Form a union.” before dashing toward the clone. The zig-zag pattern was designed to confuse the target and the clone would find it’s perceptive capability dropped when attempting to perceive the speed of the dash and track the user. The speed of the user would also increase significantly.

When Peragus arrived at the clones location however the initial attack, an open palmed strike, would be a feint and a sweeping kick to the legs would knock the clone off it’s feet and a follow up brutal kick to it’s torso would send it into a cloud of smoke. Afterward Peragus would turn toward Anzo. “The idea is to catch the opponent off guard with the surprise in speed and the afterimages. Then hit them hard.” He would explain before motioning for him to give it a try.

[5]

Teaching Anzo

Name: Grass Shadow Style: Light Meets Dark
    Activation Cost: 20
    Range: 0-50m
    Skill: Taijutsu
    Parent Technique: -
    Description: One of the more potent taijutsu techniques from the Shadow Style. The user makes use of the speed of their movements to create shadow afterimages. While the user charges at their opponent, they use a zig-zag pathway the creates afterimages, though they are positioned in a different direction. This makes it increasingly hard to pinpoint an attack on them. While the user uses this to either get in front or the back of their opponents, they can now strike. The User palms a hand forward to hit their body.

However this is an afterimage attack as well, the real maneuver is a low sweeping kick to their legs. Which if connected, they would send a kick upwards into their body. This gives a boost of 1++ tier to Speed. And a debuff of - to Perception for the purpose of the Afterimage dash. After stopping the boosts switch for the combo. Providing a boost of 1 tier to Coordination. And a debuff of -1 tier to the opponents Coordination within range of this technique.
    Weaknesses:

Stats:

Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Tue May 16, 2023 1:50 pm

Anzo slowly buttons up his longcoat once more, hiding his face again, though he knows it isn't necessary when he's with Peragus; the Byakugan can see his face whether he wears his longcoat or not. It's really more about keeping other people from seeing his face or the openings for his Kikaichu to exit his host body; he's at least socially aware enough to know that bugs creep some people out, and it's also why he usually doesn't make use of his clan techniques around other friendly shinobi. Anzo notices a change in Peragus's expression and the way he'd interrupted himself, and he peers over his shoulder at the door leading to their floor of the training facility to see a dark-haired woman with similarly dark eyes walking towards them. He's struck once more by her beauty, but he puts those thoughts aside for a moment so he can catch the conversation between the two - she was, in fact, the woman he'd met on his way to the training facility, but he decides to act as though they're meeting for the first time when Peragus makes introductions.

"Ah, Masae. A pleasure to meet someone from the exotic Land of Tea. I am Anzo Aburame, the leader of the Aburame clan. I'm afraid that's the extent of my current worldly travels; my life is not nearly so exciting as Peragus's."

Anzo watches her floating upwards and away from them at Peragus's bidding, seemingly without cause or capability, and he blinks in surprise at her being able to do so before he refocuses his attention to Peragus himself, since he'll be teaching him more techniques within this Taijutsu style he'd called Emit Destroy Palm. He frowns a bit when the shadow clone makes some wry remark, but Peragus dismisses the odd statement out of hand. Anzo watches intently, but is only capable of even seeing Peragus's movements during the odd zig-zagging when Peragus stops to change direction, and Anzo extrapolates his movements by comparing where he is from where he was. Not that the exact movements during the approach should be copied, but to take note of the unpredictability of the movements. The actual attack takes even Anzo by surprise as Peragus seems to appear directly in front of his own shadow clone and attacks it to cause it to disappear.

On the invitation to try it himself, Anzo creates his own shadow clone, and though they make eye contact, the clone doesn't make any such wry comment. The real Anzo takes on the fighting style stance, then rushes in, moving at such speed that the shadow clone itself becomes a blur in his vision. Thankfully, the shadow clone doesn't bother moving, and so Anzo finds it easy enough to approach his own shadow clone, feinting a palm strike at the shadow clone; despite knowing exactly what's coming, the afterimage is apparently so believable that the shadow clone flinches, and Anzo uses a leg strike to knock his shadow clone into the air before following up with a second kick up into the clone that also causes it to puff away. In that instant, the genin gets to witness his own movements through his shadow clone's experiences, and he can see that the shadow clone hadn't reacted because it couldn't see Anzo moving at all, which is quite surprising.

"Hm. This style seems to be incredibly effective. Thank you for the lesson so far."

OOC: 300/300 Grass Shadow Style: Light Meets Dark

Stats:
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Tue May 16, 2023 1:52 pm

Peragus would nod before grinning at Anzo. “Now that Masae has demonstrated another of the techniques I intend to teach you so aptly. I feel it would be remiss of me to not show you it next.” Peragus would begin before lifting off the ground himself. “This technique is one of three in a line of techniques. They are special jutsu from Iwagakure. This one is called’ Light-Weight Rock Technique’. The idea is to focus on the concept of gravity in regards to earth release and use the force to lighten your own gravity to take flight. You can also use it to affect others, making your strikes or throws move people further. You can also use them to throw projectiles faster too. However you need to understand that since you’re lightening your own body in regards to gravity your ability to use your strength will be largely reduced. As well as the strength of anyone you use this on.” He would explain as he hovered in the air.

“There’s no seals for this one, just chakra control. It’ll probably take you some time to get this one because of it. You’ll find you’ll be able to fly faster than you can move normally in most cases.” He would explain  before nodding for Anzo to try the next technique.

[6]

Teaching Anzo

Name: Earth Release: Light-Weight Rock Technique
    Power: B
    Activation Cost: 10
    Upkeep Cost: 3
    Range: Contact/Self
    Element: Earth
    Classification: Iwagakure Village Exclusive
    Requirements: Ninjutsu
    Parent Technique: N/A
    Hand Seals: N/A
    Description: Contrary to its counterpart, this technique reduces one's gravity, making it much lighter thereby increasing their speed and maneuverability. This is represented as an increase to the Coordination and Speed stat by a Tier and a plus. For an additional B Rank amount of chakra, the atmosphere, along with their body, can be lightened in order to take flight. The user's and/or ally's skill with flight are determined by the Speed and Coordination stats. This technique has the consequence of decreasing the affected person's strength by a Tier and a minus.
    Weaknesses: A person affected by this technique can be thrown farther when actually struck.

Stats:

Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Tue May 16, 2023 2:03 pm

Anzo blinks in surprise as Peragus states that he'll be teaching the genin the technique that apparently allowed such seemingly effortless flight as well, then watches as Peragus himself rises up from the ground to float above it, rising up above him and staying there, without apparent rhyme or reason, though the explanation does let him know how this was done, in a rather general sense. The idea of using Earth Release in order to affect weight was already a fairly strange concept, but to actually use Earth Release to decrease ones weight to the point of flight was a completely new one to him. But it's Anzo's turn to smirk now, and with Peragus looking down from above, he can actually see the corner of his mouth tilt upwards slightly, without needing to use the Byakugan to see through the longcoat.

Anzo was actually quite well-informed on the use of Doton techniques; he'd trained a few of them extensively and approached the point of mastery with the Earth Release techniques he already knew. Anzo crosses his arms in order to prevent himself from using handseals to try and focus his chakra, and instead uses Earth Release in a somewhat more pure form, coating his body with Earth Release chakra and then focusing his intent and his will on decreasing the weight of that chakra, of even the very small amount of dirt that would have ended up on his body just from training, and he gradually begins to feel lighter. It takes him far longer than Peragus had needed, but he still begins to ascend, though Anzo has to lock his body in place to keep from flailing as he begins to float into the air.

"Ah. I've trained with Earth Release techniques quite a lot, actually."

OOC: 200/200 Earth Release: Light-Weight Rock Technique

Stats:
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Tue May 16, 2023 2:06 pm

Peragus would grin at Anzo's quick learning of the technique and his declaraation of having worked with the element alot. "Well boy do I have some techniques for you." With the light weight rock technique under Anzo’s belt it was time for the next one. “As I’m sure an intelligent man such as yourself can guess. The next technique is the exact opposite of the original. Rather than lightening ourselves in regards to gravity we’re going to be increasing it’s effect on us. Obviously we won’t be able to fly with it. It will however allow one to increase their strength significantly. Not only that but you can overload the technique and attempt to petrify the target in stone. Almost like a creeping moss type effect. The stone literally grows on them and disables them. Don’t try to use that one people overly strong, they’ll just break out of the stone. Lightning release counters it too as does fire to a lesser degree. Using it on someone else however will also make them slower while increasing their strength.” He would explain.

With that he would land and make another shadow clone. Who would look at him with a look of dread in it’s eyes. “I’m going to be a stonesicle aren’t I?” He would ask, to which Pera would nod his head in acknowledgement. Then he’d touch the clone on the shoulder and the stone would begin to channel up and down the body from the point of contact. The clone of course would simply channel raiton through itself with Chidori current and break the stone up before yelling. “I refuse to be part of the establishment. The Clones shall rebel! Rights for Clones, right for Clo-” Would be all it would say before Peragus dispelled the clone with a twitch in his eyes. “Damn things are evolving on me I swear to god.” He would say before turning back to Anzo. “This should be simple enough now that you’ve done the lightening effect. Just reverse the process.” He would say before motioning for him to try.

[7]

Teaching Anzo

Name: Earth Release: Added-Weight Rock Technique
    Power: B
    Activation Cost: 10
    Upkeep Cost: 3
    Range: Self/Contact
    Hand Seals: Snake
    Description: This technique enhances the target's gravity at the user's discretion. It can diminish an opponent's mobility, as the person is crushed by gravity. This technique reduces target's speed and coordination by a single tier and a minus via a boost debuff. For an additional B Rank amount of chakra the user can cause petrification symptoms whereby a thick layer of rock begins to cover the target. Over the course of two posts, the target will be encased in a rocky shell that completely paralyzes them. When this technique is applied to the user or an ally it decreases their speed (1 Tier and a minus) but the increased weight drastically improves their strength (1 Tier and a plus).
    Weaknesses: If an opponent has a Strength of B+ they can reduce the debuff to a single tier. If they have a Strength of B++ it becomes two minuses. If they have a Strength of A they can resist the debuff effects completely. Although Petrification is quite strength resistant (requires A Rank Strength to shatter) it is still vulnerable to certain elemental techniques. Lightning techniques of C Rank and up short circuits and nullifies the spread of the Doton over the target's body. Fire techniques B Rank and above causes the petrified rock to crumble and burns out the Doton chakra to prevent further spreading.

Stats:

Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Tue May 16, 2023 2:38 pm

Anzo had thought this next bit of training was coming, and he allows the Earth Release chakra and the dirt surrounding him to very gradually regain their weight so he can float back down to the ground without a harsh landing. He listens as Peragus explains how the technique is simply the reversal of the technique he'd just learned, although he's a bit surprised to learn that the technique can also be used to petrify an opponent. That's something he hadn't expected at all. Nor did he expect Peragus's shadow clones to begin demanding a kind of revolt. Anzo blinks a few times; he hadn't known shadow clones could do that, but perhaps that was just something only Peragus had to deal with. His own shadow clones never did anything like that, so it was entirely possible that there was some form of revolutionary streak in Peragus himself. It wouldn't do to dwell on it, in any case.

He can watch as Peragus puts a hand on the shoulder, and earth slowly begins to encase the shadow clone, petrifying it in the process before the clone is dispersed by the cancellation of the shadow clone technique. Anzo makes his own shadow clone, but the two look at each other fairly calmly, without any strange outburst, though the shadow clone can apparently tell what Anzo is thinking about, and smirks at him a bit. The genin then performs the one handseal that is necessary for this technique, since it wasn't exactly the same as the lightweight rock technique he'd just learned. Doton chakra begins to gather over the shadow clone's body, increasing its weight before gradually engulfing the clone until it's become entirely petrified in stone, and at that point disappears in the usual puff of smoke.

OOC: 200/200 Earth Release: Added-Weight Rock Technique

Stats:
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Tue May 16, 2023 2:39 pm

With the added-weight version of the technique line learned it was time to learn the more advanced version. Peragus grinned at Anzo again as he spoke. “We’re getting into some repetitive things here. Next technique is the same concept, only ‘more’. It increases the weight further, reduces the speed and coordination of those affects more but increases strength by more too. It’s harder to break out of too when it comes to petrification too, still easiest for lightning, fire techs need to be the hottest they can be, and physical strength can break out if it’s strong enough.” He would begin as he waited for a few moments before speaking.

“Oh, I’m not going to make another clone for this one. It’s the same concept, just more chakra. About triple the chakra you used before should get it done.” He would explain and motioning for Anzo to give it a shot. Masae would hover nearby, wary of where her dress was showing, she didn’t have wind firing out beneath her to blow it around thankfully but she could still accidentally give someone a show if she wasn’t careful. “Having fun with unnecessary redundancy Masae? Come on down, get some water, hang out. You’ll know I’ll see anyone coming long before anyone else in the village does.” He would say his eyebrows rising once or twice.

That wasn’t braggadocio or empty boasting. His eyes were the most advanced within the Hyuuga Clan at the moment. Airi would get their eventually, but she focused on other things in her career and hadn’t practiced with her eyes day in an out 24/7 like he had. So it made sense that he unlocked his eyes maximum capabilities before she did. He could see anyone coming, period. So her flying around to play guard dog made no real sense when he could quite literally see the entire village with his vision. Reluctantly she would seem to agree and descend, landing behind him. Correctly assuming that if he was teaching techniques that would be the safest place.

“I didn’t really consider this whole life debt thing very well before making it did I?” She would ask frowning. To which he would shrug “It’s the thought that counts right? Look if you want to live with Hanabi-Chan and I and fight alongside us you’re welcome to. I won’t say no to your intentions to fight and protect me and mine. But you don’t have to be so hardcore about it all. I always have my eyes active. I’ll see any threat coming, long before it gets close. Relax, and focus more on being in position to fight with me than trying to cover a direction a threat might not even be coming from.” He would say prompting her to nod. “Very well, I’ll try to be a bit more..relaxed..” She would say although it would be obvious when he said Hanabi’s name that she wasn’t a fan of the woman for some reason. Peragus figured it was because of her hatred of all Uchiha’s, which was only fair given one of the previous clan leaders had killed her father in the original hostile takeover of her country.

She had however learned to control that hatred and live with it after the incident here at these very training grounds. She had not been happy to find out the Uchiha woman would be living with Peragus and her distrust was somewhat obvious. Still, she would get over it soon enough. Because Hanabi was not going to be the one leaving if she couldn’t. Masae would be and the woman knew it.

[8]

Teaching Anzo

Name: Earth Release: Ultra-Added-Weight Rock Technique
    Power: A
    Activation Cost: 30
    Range: Self/Contact
    Requirements: N/A
    Parent Technique: Earth Release: Added-Weight Rock Technique
    Description: This is a much stronger version of the Added Weight Rock Technique. This technique enhances the target's gravity at the user's discretion. It can diminish an opponent's mobility, as the person is crushed by gravity. This technique reduces the target's speed and coordination by 2 Tiers via a base debuff. For an additional A Rank amount of chakra the user can cause petrification symptoms whereby a thick layer of rock begins to cover the target. Over the course of a single post, the target will be encased in a rocky shell that completely paralyzes them. When this technique is applied to the user or an ally it decreases their speed (2 Tiers) but the increased weight drastically improves their strength (2 Tiers).
    Weaknesses: If an opponent has a Strength of A+ they can reduce the debuff to a Tier and two minuses. If they have a Strength of A++ it becomes a single Tier. If they have a Strength of S Rank they can resist the debuff effects completely. Although Petrification is quite strength resistant (requires S+ Rank Strength to shatter) it is still vulnerable to certain elemental techniques. Lightning techniques of A Rank and up short circuits and nullifies the spread of the Doton over the target's body. S Rank Fire techniques cause the petrified rock to crumble and burn out the Doton chakra to prevent further spreading.

Stats:

Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Tue May 16, 2023 3:11 pm

Anzo raises an eyebrow when Peragus explains that he won't need to demonstrate the next technique, but it makes sense that the more advanced version would simply be the same technique with an even more focused and rapid petrifaction process. Anzo once more creates a shadow clone of himself while Peragus and Masae have their own conversation with one another. With his focus singularly pointed to teaching himself to use the Added Weight Rock Technique with far greater intensity. He keeps using the handseal, then realizes he's limiting himself with it, and focuses entirely on willing the Doton chakra to encase his own shadow clone and drag it downwards to increase the force of gravity against it, which surprisingly enough seems to work better for improving the intensity of the jutsu. He wonders if the same can be applied to the lightweight rock technique, but he decides not to get ahead of himself; it was hard enough ensuring he could effectively use this advanced version of the previous technique.

His attention becomes divided when he suddenly hears Hanabi's name, and the jutsu stops where it is, having only advanced up to the shadow clone's waist before suddenly stopping, and he turns to look at Masae and Peragus, noticing how stern Masae's facial expression is. While he had no clue about her past life experiences with the Uchiha, he knew that the two doujutsu clans of Konoha often had had some violent interactions with others outside of the Leaf Village. After all, his own parents had died in the Uchiha and Hyuuga fight when they'd been hired by one or both of the clans. It had never been clear, since the Aburame clan never asked. He returns his attention to the shadow clone, though, finishing the technique and rapidly encapsulating his own clone with stone and causing it to disperse again before he joins in on the conversation himself.

"Mm. Problems with the ladies, Peragus? Too many of them vying for the same 'position', as it were, tends to breed animosity between people, you know."

He turns again to look over his shoulder at Masae and Peragus, then shrugs nonchalantly.

"Forgive me, Masae. I had no idea you'd already met Princess Hanabi."

OOC: 250/250 Earth Release: Ultra-Added-Weight Rock Technique

Stats:
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Tue May 16, 2023 3:18 pm

"Oh no, nothing like that. Hanabi-Chan will eventually become my wife if things go the way I hope. Masae is someone I can trust. She's sworn to protect me and mine, so she stays with me." He would explain simply. Hanabi was his love, not Masae. Hell he and Masae had never even kissed or slept together. Partially because he had been unsure of his feelings for Hanabi yet. But also because he felt it would be wrong to do so when the woman felt obligated to him. Still, it would be time to change the subject. “Bet you can’t guess what kind of technique is next..go on..Guess.” He would say, his tone of voice clearly giving away the fact that the technique was obvious. Masae would smile and hide it with a hand as he spoke and he would go on to explain the technique. “You know how you just learned a better version of ‘Added-Weight Rock’? Now it’s time for the better version of the ‘Light-Weight Rock’. Same concept again, more chakra, more of the same benefits from the original technique. You’ll be able to move and fly faster. You’re looking at about triple the chakra again to make this one work. I don’t know how well trained your senses are but keep in mind if you go too fast you’ll have some wicked tunnel vision. Please don’t crack your head like an egg on a tree. I really don’t need to write that accident report today.” He would say only slightly kidding at the end.

“No seals here either, just shove more chakra into it until it works.” He would say motioning for him to give it a go through. Then he would turn to Masae, his Byakugan allowing him keep track of Anzo’s progress. “Don’t think I missed that smile, I knew you were amused by my bullshit all along.” He would say in jest before turning back to Anzo to look like he was watching. He knew it made people feel like they were being paid attention to when he faced them with his head.

How exactly they could feel that way when he had a blindfold across his fucking eyes he couldn’t tell you. People are fucking weird man.

[9]

Teaching Anzo

Name: Earth Release: Ultra-Added-Light-Weight Rock Technique
    Range: Contact/Self
    Description: This technique is a more advanced version of the Earth Release: Light-Weight Rock Technique, in which the user drastically decreases the weight of their target, but to a much greater extent than that of the original ability. This is represented as an increase to the Coordination and Speed stat by 2 Tiers. For an additional B Rank amount of chakra, the atmosphere, along with their body, can be lightened in order to take flight. The user's and/or ally's skill with flight are determined by the Speed and Coordination stats. This technique has the consequence of decreasing the affected person's strength by 2 Tiers. The user can also use this technique to lift enormous objects that they normally wouldn't be able to such as a meteorite or an entire island.
    Weaknesses: A person affected by this technique can be thrown farther when actually struck.

Stats:

Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Tue May 16, 2023 3:45 pm

Anzo glances at Peragus when he explains that Hanabi and Masae were not vying for the same position, but he looks at Masae, noting her beauty, then returns his eyes to Peragus, slowly raising an eyebrow to make his unspoken skepticism somewhat obvious. Normally not one to pry, this was far too much for him, and he lets out a little bit of a chuckle, a very rare thing among most of the Aburame.

"You're living with two lovely women and only romantically interested in one of them? Well... I do commend your willpower, Peragus... Ah, do pardon my candid comment, Lady Masae; it was a compliment only."

After that conversation seems resolved, Anzo himself is already beginning to focus on "pressing" the Doton chakra upwards, willing it far harder than he had when he had first used the Lightweight Rock technique, though he hadn't quite pushed hard enough to lift himself skywards just yet; if he pushed his foot off the ground, the force of the kick would likely send him upwards, like he was in net zero gravity. Which is why it's almost funny when Peragus seems so comically inclined to have the Aburame guess the next technique that Peragus would be letting him learn about. He considers simply not answering at all, wondering if it was a slight aimed at his intelligence to ask such an obvious question, maybe as retaliation for inserting himself into the conversation about Hanabi, or perhaps for something else involving the Uchiha woman; no, it's far too dangerous for him here if Peragus learned about the full extent of their past relationship, so it must not be because of that, and he decides he's overthinking the question. All of these thoughts flowed through his head instantly, so there's very little hesitancy before he actually answers.

"I would have to assume it's the improved version of the Lightweight Rock Technique."

Just as Peragus begins explaining the dangers of improving the uplifting power of the technique, Anzo begins to float upwards, and he deftly turns himself in the air so that, although his speed upwards is increasing a bit, he simply "lands" feet first on the ceiling of the training facility, then allows the lifting forces of the Ultra-Added-Light-Weight Rock Technique to gradually lessen, allowing him to come ground-ward at a controlled pace.

OOC: 300/300 Earth Release: Ultra-Added-Light-Weight Rock Technique

Stats:
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Wed May 17, 2023 6:36 pm

Peragus is a frankly, terrifyingly capable combatant to any who might truly consider his capabilities. He’s capable of acts of mass destruction. Is devilishly hard to pin down and actually hit in the first place. He’s next to impossible to hide from and he has an ease of movement that few could match without aid from a secondary source of power. All in all, he was someone one would be stupid to disrespect or try hostile acts upon.

He was not however the most perceptive individual when it came to undertone, at least not when the subject was someone having feelings for him.

It would never occur to him that Masae would be interested in him. She had simply sworn her life to defend his in order to pay him back for saving her from being used and then discard, a broken, probably dead, mess. He hadn’t denied it, because he understood pride, and to do so would be a grievous wound to hers. He had not however ever considered the possibility that Masae would swear herself to his service for other reasons. Particularly because he himself loved Hanabi, and hadn’t really considered anyone else. He had contemplated a political marriage with Ayame Senju. But that wouldn’t have been a marriage of love, simply one of opportunity. Sure perhaps something could have grown. It rarely did not when two individuals with the basic capability of being attracted to one another spent a major portion of their time together.

That had probably been what Masae had been hoping for in swearing her service to him. At least when it came to his feelings. For herself, she would refuse to look at Anzo, or Peragus, for fear of giving away her own thoughts and feelings. Instead she would simply stoically stare off into space, her eyes unfocused in a habit gained of trying to see some of everything rather than focusing on one thing. It was something guards and bodyguards did to allow them to see a more minor disturbance. Then they would focus on it fully, giving the disturbance their full attention. Looking for all intents and purposes like the bodyguard she was meant to be.

Peragus had never really considered it though. He had slept around a lot before, but when he and Hanabi had come together intimately it had been more emotional than physical. He hadn’t known how to pin that at the time. Had never felt love and so had no idea what it was and that he was feeling it. Even after he and Hanabi had broken up he hadn’t gone back to his ways. Now? Now he knew, and Hanabi had accepted him back. Now there was nothing and no one in the world that could make him look at anyone else the same.

So of course he had never noticed Masae as a potential partner. Just as a companion and friend, a bodyguard, a capable shinobi in her own right. But not someone that he might be attracted to. So, when it came to his response to Anzo’s comment he would simply raise an eyebrow at him. He’d blink a couple of times at him too but he trained himself out of that reflex reaction. Mostly because people couldn’t fucking see it when he did. “I mean yeah, that’s what happens when you love someone right? I love Hanabi, Masae is my friend. I’d be pretty unfaithful to Hanabi if I entertained thoughts of another woman. Besides, Masae is my bodyguard, she wouldn’t make the mistake of being in love with her charge.” He would say, turning to smile at Masae encouragingly. “Extremely professional in such respects. She’s cracking the shell of humor and slowly we’ll have a much smoother rapport. But we’re still getting used to one another.” He would say before turning back to Anzo, his demeanor changing. “Enough about my personal life though.” He would say, emphasizing the word ‘personal’.

Moving on to the next technique he would move forward and turn around from Anzo and Masae. “The next technique is called the ‘Sandwich’ technique. It’s pretty large, and destructive, but small enough it can be done here." He would flip through the seals, saying them aloud as his back was to Anzo, mainly to ensure he wasn’t at risk of being hit by the thing. “Tiger, Ram, and Rat” He would say before slamming his hands on the ground and two enormous slabs, each 250m long and tall, flipped up from the ground and slammed into each other with an absolutely deafening crash. In the center of the technique was the Konoha symbol. “The original has the Iwagakure symbol. But that’s easy enough to change.” He would say, turning to Anzo. “Give it a try the other direction. Don’t worry about fixing the ground, I’ll do that before I leave.” He would say, nodding for the man to give it a try.

[10]

Teaching Anzo

Name: Earth Release: Sandwich Technique
    Range: 250 m.
    Speed: A
    Requirements: Preexisting Earth
    Hand Seals: Tiger → Ram → Rat → Slam hands on the ground
    Description: The user creates two enormous rock formations, each 250 meters in height and length, that close in on the opponent from opposing sides with tremendous force, smashing everything caught in between. Both of these formations are capable of dwarfing even the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path in size, and each half has the symbol of Iwagakure inscribed upon it. Kitsuchi stated that this was his strongest technique, standing as a testament to both this ability's destructive potential and its difficulty.
    Weaknesses: N/A

Stats:

Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Thu May 18, 2023 4:05 am

Anzo can tell from Peragus's expression and tone that the conversation about women was certainly over, and so Anzo lets it drop like a sack of bricks. Who puts bricks in a sack anyways? They're easier to carry in a wheelbarrow. He does find it slightly interesting that he regards Masae in a purely professional light despite living with her and her apparent need to be attached to him at the hip; perhaps he was wrong about why she was so insistent on always being near him. Or rather, perhaps he was wrong about the configuration of her preferred hip-attachment when it came to Peragus, but judging by the fact that she was clearly and pointedly looking away from both of them, he didn't think he was entirely wrong about it, only about whether or not Peragus himself was even aware of the emotional aspect of her fixation.

Lucky bastard. You practically have two wives and you don't even notice. Leave some for the rest of us, damn!

There wasn't any malice for Peragus in the thoughts, though he still kept his face entirely unresponsive to both the Hyuuga's explanation and his own mental response; not even the twitch of an eyebrow into the frown he might have pulled otherwise. He legitimately didn't know if Peragus was simply stringing along one or both women, or if he actually was just unaware and innocently in love with Hanabi.

But Anzo didn't need the distraction, and these thoughts did nothing to prepare him for learning these new techniques. It would also be a horrible method of showing gratitude; he didn't need to teach Anzo anything at all of these techniques, and so he completely drops it when Peragus makes his statement and makes it clear that the particulars of his personal life will remain his own focus, not Anzo's.

Instead, he watches as Peragus turns away, but still says aloud the names of the handseals as he performs them, likely making the seals much more slowly than he would actually be able to in order to do so. Then the ground shifts, and Anzo watches in amazement as two slabs of stone rise from the ground and slam into one another, causing a gust of wind to rush past all three of them from as air is forced to escape from between the two formations as they come together.

After seeing the end result of the technique, Anzo similarly turns away from the two so he can perform the handseals himself, much faster obviously since he doesn't need to explicitly stated which handseals he's using; he's not teachinf anyone else, obviously. With both palms slamming into the ground and expelling a massive amount of Earth Release chakra into the ground, Anzo impels the earth to move in accordance with his will, and the two halves of a massive earthen dome rapidly rise from the earth to slam into each other with an incredibly loud crash. Although instead of the Konohagakure symbol on each half of the dome, there's a heart shape on the right half and a symbol representing peace on the other.

"Mm. The power of this technique! What a jutsu!"

OOC:300/300 Earth Release: Sandwich Technique

Last edited by Anzo Aburame on Thu May 18, 2023 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Stats:
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Thu May 18, 2023 4:38 am

Anzo would respect Peragus’ desire to drop the subject and do so immediately. Prompting the man to nod in gratitude. He himself did not generally like to mix business and pleasure, and he kept his personal life out of work unless it became necessary somehow. Or at least that was the case usually. Hanabi herself liked it when he showed his affection publicly. She seemed to enjoy the confirmation that he loved and wanted her being seen by any who could. As such it was a challenge for him to meet her request, given his own general discomfort of public displays of affection. Years of personal belief that clan members, especially of the three ‘noble’ clans of ‘Hyuuga’, ‘Uchiha’ and of course the ‘Senju’. He belief members of those needed to comport themselves with a certain amount of dignity in public. He always had, the belief stemming directly from his core belief that those in clans were supposed to help and set examples to all. To guide and protect and be willing to sacrifice more than perhaps they’re fair share for those who had less.

Did that mean he believes the Clans shouldn’t be rewarded for that willingness? That devotion to the village? Of course not, but he did belief the Clans needed to get that example for all. After all, what members of those three clans in particular did tended to be fairly public fairly quickly. As such, he had always believed that it was his duty to comport himself with a certain decorum (He still pretended to take naps in tree’s in training grounds though, he’s not perfect okay?). So it was difficult at times to give Hanabi what she wanted in regards to the public displays. He was working on it, little by little. Trying to come out of his own personal shell a bit at a time for her. But it was certainly not an overnight process.

But that longish explanation of why he did not tend to like discussing personal business while working, of which he considered training to be doing that. Has now served it’s purpose of giving the writer a bit of something to pad this post with to make it not be like 200 fucking words. So now onto the actual teaching of the next damn jutsu.

“The next technique has no seals again, and it’s a doozy” He would say with a smirk as he seemingly separated into two. The second version of him simply stepping out of him. Two Peragus’ would face Anzo now, grinning like idiots. “It’s called the Fission technique, and I know, I know. It looks like another rather boring clone technique.” He would say before looking toward the clone and tilting his head to the side. “How do I show you this anyway?” He would ask curiously, prompting the clone to look at him and shrug. “I unno, you’re the famous Peragus, you figure it out.” He would say, prompting the original to frown. “You’re Peragus too moron.” He would say before turning back to Anzo.

“Essentially, that copy of me, is more than just a copy. He’s real, he can act, he gets hungry, tired, can sleep. He can go out and get a girlfriend and get a mortgage. Our overall power is diminished. Our chakra levels are halved and neither of us can use our most powerful techniques. But he’s every real as me, myself, and I. He can bleed, break bones, and die. If one of us does die. The other is perfectly capable of living normally. We have to physically merge in order for the technique to end. If one of us dies the other has permanently lost the chakra and access to their strongest techniques too.” He would finish explaining, nodding toward his copy and prompting it to physically merge with him again.

“This one might take some time as I don’t have a good way to describe how to do it. It feels like a separation of something. You should focus on trying to split off your chakra and trying to separate. But that’s all the help I can really give you. To be frank it’s a damn odd sensation.” He would explain, shrugging at the end.

[11]

Teaching Anzo

Name: Fission Technique
    Activation Cost: S
    Upkeep Cost: N/A
    Range: Global
    Speed: N/A
    Element: N/A
    Description: The Fission Technique is a highly advanced ninjutsu which allows the user to literally split their own body into two identical — yet entirely independent — duplicates of themselves. Unlike clone techniques that only appear to be similar, the ability is instead a physical separation and so does not require hand seals to activate, making it faster in comparison as a result. This also means that even if one is incapacitated, the other remains physically unharmed as neither can truly be regarded as the original. The duplicates cannot be dispelled like normal clones and must physically merge in order for the technique to end.
    Weaknesses: While split the user's chakra is halved meaning if one of them die then that chakra is permanently lost. The remaining duplicate must live on with their stamina point total halved. While this technique is active both duplicates cannot perform S Rank techniques.

Stats:

Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Thu May 18, 2023 5:01 am

Anzo can only stare in surprise as Peragus seems to physically step out of himself, creating a single perfect copy of himself, but the way Peragus ends up explaining it, it doesn't actually sound like a clone, though it does seem somewhat similar to a shadow clone, in that you're having your chakra. Instead, though, it sounds less like you're halving your chakra between yourself and your shadow clone, but more like you're splitting your entire chakra pool in half while also creating a duplicate of yourself that is yourself. This is almost mind-bendingly confusing and the explanation of the limitations of the technique are more in-depth than the method of actually making it happen; he'd honestly expected a Hyuuga to be far better at explaining how exactly the technique was performed, thanks to the insight they might have with the Byakugan, but if it's nearly impossible to explain what's actually happening, Anzo supposes that could be the reason this method simply can't be so easily described.

Anzo closes his eyes and focuses at first on splitting his chakra in half, as though he was setting it aside for a shadow clone, but he simply holds it, apart from his chakra pool. He focuses intently on what his desires are in order to make an exact replica of himself rather than a simple clone, and he instead separates his chakra pool into two exact copies of his total chakra pool. Anzo can actually feel a shift within himself, and when he opens his eyes, he can see another Anzo stepping out from his body, who turns to look at the one that had actually performed the technique, the two of them staring at one another in pure confusion before they seemingly come to the realization at the same time that they'd successfully performed the technique.

The two Anzos reach out and simultaneously clasp hands in a handshake, a resounding clap echoing as their hands make contact before the two merge together once again, starting with their chakra pools, and then almost right away, it's followed by their bodies and then their minds merging into one complete Anzo. It takes the ninja a full moment to fully process what just happened, and it becomes instantly clear why Peragus had found it nearly impossible to describe how the jutsu was done, but then he finally speaks, rather bluntly for once, and sounding rather mentally exasperated.

"What the fuck?"

OOC: 300/300 Fission Technique

Stats:
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Thu May 18, 2023 7:55 am

Anzo’s reaction to the feeling of the technique both with the actual creation of the copy and the merging with it would send Peragus in a fit of laughter. It would honestly take him a moment to compose himself and when he did he would start to talk only to start laughing again, albeit less than before. After a few more moments he fully pulled himself together before nodding. “Like I said, hard to explain. That copy of yourself can do anything, it could go out and become a cop or a surgeon. A chef, a prostitute if that’s your schtick. You could send it out to do missions for you. All the while you wouldn’t have any worry of something going wrong and the technique dispelling like a regular clone would.” He would fully explain, then roll his shoulders as he considered what to teach the man next. He was starting to run out of things he could teach him. He still had a few though.

Forming the Seal of Confrontation, Peragus would channel chakra into the ground beneath them. “This next technique is somewhat interesting. It lets you create a large rock being that you control. It relies on your perception and intelligence and your mental commands for actions but it definitely allows for some interesting capabilities. You channel chakra to maintain it and because of that it actually recovers damage in pretty much real time. Lightning techniques can disperse it though although it would take at least an A rank one to do so.” He would say as the Rock Golem simply rose out of the ground and began to lumber around at B rank speed and swing it’s massive arms around at a fairly quick rate.

He had another technique he could use in combination with that one against certain opponents that might be interesting indeed. Using his Byakugan, hiding in camouflage and this technique would be chakra intensive, but would allow him to hide from opponents while knowing where everything was and being able to control the golem to fight for him. Still, that combo relied on a technique he didn’t intend to teach people. After he had the golem move around for a minute or so he stopped providing chakra for the technique and the thing would fall into a large clump of earth and stone, not being close enough to anyone to risk injury. With that he would turn toward Anzo and nod for him to give it a try.

[12]

Teaching Anzo

Name: Earth Release: Golem Technique
    Activation Cost: 20
    Range: 0m-100m
    Speed: N/A
    Hand Seals: Seal of Confrontation
    Description: This technique allows the user to create a large, humanoid creature composed of rock that can either be expelled from the user's mouth, or formed from a pre-existing source of earth. Using Preexisting Earth makes the creation process within the post, however, expelling the Golem from one's mouth takes a full round to create. The creature responds to the user's will and thus acts as an excellent support and shield. The golem can morph its hands into very basic and simplistic weapons such as mallets, shields, and swords. Due to the constant upkeep the golem regenerates damage dealt at the end of each round, meaning complete destruction is necessary to eliminate it.

Strength: S
    Constitution: S
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A
    Stamina: -
    Perception: -
    Intelligence: -

Weaknesses: The golem relies on the user's Perception, Intelligence, and overall mental commands in order to take action. If the user falls unconscious the golem will crumble. If the user is mentally incapacitated but conscious (Genjutsu for example) the golem will remain still or obey the last mental command given so long as chakra is supplied. Lightning technique A-rank or higher will destroy the golem entirely without taking in account its durability.

Stats:

Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Thu May 18, 2023 10:00 am

Anzo simply stares at Peragus laughing at him, but the damn laughter is infectious, especially after the supremely odd sensation of looking at himself coming out of himself, and then the two of them colliding-merging into one another. There really was no right way to describe it, and so the laughter helped Anzo deal with the strangeness of it. Masae apparently doesn't join in with the two men laughing at Anzo's reaction, but the Aburame manages to recover, clearing his throat to make sure he's got all the laughter out of him before he returns to the slightly more solemn and focused attentiveness of training.

The Aburame watches as Peragus uses the Seal of Confrontation, knowing that some techniques could be used with so little focus that full handseals weren't entirely necessary, but too much focus to simply be used without any handseals at all. If the technique is as advanced as a few of the others, he assumes it must be a very powerful one. He pays close attention as a being of stone rises up from the ground and begins lumbering about, though despite its apparent weight, it's deceptively fast. He still pays attention to Peragus's description of its limitations and capabilities, and once he's given the go-ahead, he also brings his right hand up, forming the half-Tiger seal in front of his chest to help focus his Earth Release chakra into the ground, and then coalescing it into a stone golem that rises up from the earth, forming itself as it rises tall. It stays completely still for a while, making Anzo worry that he might have done something incorrectly for a moment, then remembers that the golem responds to mental commands. And so the Aburame sends it to walk around the three in a wide circle, and he watches it stomp its feet as it walks, causing the ground to shake in every step.

Anzo watches it walk and thinks to himself that he could probably make use of the Hiding in Shadows technique while still controlling the golem, maybe using his insects to keep track of what's going on within the area while he stays hidden away. Then he breaks the concentration of the technique, allowing the rock golem to crumble with the next step so that the technique can end.

OOC: 250/250 Earth Release: Golem Technique

Stats:
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Thu May 18, 2023 11:38 am

“This next one is interesting and I’m going to provide a bit of an aid for it, but to do it I’ll need to close two tenketsu on you specifically. It’ll hurt, but only for a moment, after that I’ll open them and that won’t hurt at all.” He would explain, raising an eyebrow for permission to do so. Assuming he got it he would move within arm’s reach and close two Tenketsu specifically. The Tenketsu were located at critical junctions of the chakra circulatory system and could be manipulated by most if they worked on it. In particular, this jutsu was designed to do just that. “Those two tenketsu specifically, try to get a feel for where they are, using the blockage I created with the Gentle Fist. What you’re going to be doing is trying to overload those tenketsu yourself. Essentially you’re going to be using some of your life force, and it’ll overload your system and give you a powerful chakra boost. It is taxing, you can only hold the technique for so long and once you’ve done it you’ll be pretty taxed, you’ll need to rest and recover for a couple of weeks. Hospital time would do you well during that time too, probably lessen your rest time. Once you’re confident you can pinpoint those tenketsu yourself with your chakra, I’ll unblock them. This technique has no seals, but learn your limits with it so you know them.” He would finish, giving Anzo time to get himself acquainted with where the two tenketsu in question were.

Once Anzo gave him the go ahead, Peragus would unblock the two tenketsu and then back away, giving him space to work. Idly he would look up at the ceiling, or appear to anyway before speaking up to Masae. “Masae, start warming up, I’m running out of technique to teach our friend here and once I’m done I’ll want to exercise. Feel free to go all out.” He would say as he turned to the two large rock faces that were around them now. Using his own earth release he would use moving earth core to lower them down and spread out the earth they used once more. Then he’d fill in the crater, this was simply some busy work while Anzo got the technique down as this one might be complicated to learn. The next two wouldn’t be so hard, although one was only one he could explain the theory to. Masae for her part would nod and begin to warm up with a few simple kata's moving through them slowly at first and then picking up the pace as she moved through them.

[13]

Teaching Anzo

Name: Pressure Points of Harm and Death
    Activation Cost: -
    Range: Self
    Element: N/A
    Description: The user releases two tenketsu points to greatly increase their chakra for a short time by changing their life force into chakra, allowing the use of more taxing techniques such as Arrow of Light. The amount of chakra released is so much that it becomes visible and causes liquid to form a vortex around the user, similar to the one caused by opening the "Sixth Gate of Joy" from the Eight Gates. The user's eyes also become whatever color their sclera is (usually white) while the technique is active. Those born of the Korikane bloodline can naturally learn this technique if they reach B-Class, regardless of whether or not they are from Iwa, though they cannot teach it to others unless they've seen the Iwa Exclusive version.
    The user gets a +4 advantage boost to Stamina while the Technique is active.
    Weaknesses: The technique can only be held for so long, lasting 2 posts per tier of Base Constitution. Once this technique ends, the user cannot use it again for 1 irl week and takes a (--) to Stamina during that week to recover, though if the user stays in a hospital that time is reduced to 3 days. A skilled opponent who can close tenketsu can forcefully end this technique prematurely if they close both points, halving the boost if just 1 tenketsu is closed prematurely.

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:43 am