Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

Examinations

Peragus
    Peragus

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Tai, Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Lightning, Earth, Fire
    Class: S
    Ryo: You fuckin gold digger

Examinations  Empty Examinations

Post by Peragus Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:06 pm

Well this was certainly interesting.

Peragus had been given a task by Tengoku, a joint task not unlike what Airi had dealt with in regards to the former Raikage. Only since Peragus was already a Jounin he was expected to do a bit more. He needed to evaluate Anzo for promotion, and one named ‘Naganori’ for rank assignment within the village. Given he had to do both tasks anyway he decided to get them both out of the way at the same time. So he had sent both of them missives, via bird, to report to the Grand Konoha Training Facilities sixth floor. He was dressed in his normal attire of blue hoodie and sweats and a headband with a stylized egyptian eye across it’s front would be bound across his eyes.

That of course would prevent most from being able to see but anyone that knew him or even of him knew of his eyes and that he would be able to see without issue. In fact the headband gave him a few special capabilities too. Not only that but his own natural grace and ability would probably see him through rather well in the task. He had recently unlocked a special power, one he had barely heard of in whispers before. The ‘Tenseigan’ was something of a legend and his unlocking of it solidified his place as probably one of the most talented Hyuuga, in terms of pure Hyuuga arts and nothing else, to ever exist.

Masae was off at the moment, to the Land of Tea, locking in his capability to return to it quickly so it was only him at the moment. When he arrived, doing so well before anyone else, based on what his activated Byakugan was showing him, he would wait patiently in the middle of the floor. His arms would be folded behind his back as he awaited the arrival of both Anzo and the one known as ‘Naganori’.

The training facility of course would be in it's normal state. Seven stories with each 300m between the next. The first floor dedicated to basic equipment rental for testing or trying out new styles and weapon capabilities. As well as medical staff, even some restaurants. The other six floors were each dedicated to looking like a regular training ground. Dirt, man made ponds, tree's, rocks, fields. All scattered throughout the mile long and wide floor, for six floors. Peragus preferred to train and work on the sixth. As it allowed him to be left alone for the most part from the random training of other shinobi. Most that knew him knew he could be found there if needed. However it cut back on the random people by quite a large marjin.

[1]

Stuff:

Renown: 20,625
    Ryo: 5,913,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B++
    • Stamina: B+
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Here
    Link to Known Techniques: Here
    Naganori
    Naganori
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Raiton & Fūinjutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 0

Examinations  Empty Re: Examinations

Post by Naganori Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:22 pm

A missive would find its way to Naganori who was exploring the industrialized streets of Konoha. Not having an assigned chaperone at the moment, he and Koyoharu would be wandering the market sampling some of the village's tasty snacks. The lower half of her face covered her scowl as Naganori read the missive dumbfounded. She'd wait. Ten seconds. Thirty. One Minute. She'd flush red with annoyance before she'd deck him in the face launching him into a clothing stand across the street. "What the hell does it say? Answer me when I'm fuckin' talkin' to you!"

Snapping up out of the clothing stand as he shouted back, "Ask your question before you flagrantly commit assault!" The two of them would quickly be put in their place as the messenger would simply clear her throat and raise her eyebrow. The two idiots looked at the mess they'd caused. Luckily no one had been injured. Naganori would return next to the messenger, straightening up their clothes. "I'll head over at once." a mischievous smile would spread across his lips before he would slip on a simple porcelain mask. "Koyoharu will handle the labor for repairing all of the damage she's caused." Not waiting for a response, Naganori would make his way to the training grounds.

Konohagakure really was a ridiculous place. It was truly a marvel how this place ran itself. With few exceptions, Ninja and industry never mixed. The spectacle of creating an outside training area that protected the outside village from jutsu within and came with such powerful ambient lighting and temperature regulation had Naganori completely floored. He was glad to have his mask on before he entered the floor he was supposed to meet his proctor on. How long had it been since someone had performed a test on him. His mind would wander for a bit as his feet walked him to the location he was instructed to meet in.

"Ah," Naganori's voice was barely vocal as his attention snapped back to reality. He took in Peragus, and honestly didn't like his odds. From all that he had heard his odds were probably even less good than they appeared to be on the surface. Snakes, swords, cqc, birds, lightning. I honestly don't even know how to begin my approach. he kept his uncertainty to himself, and walked forwards completely steady. "One of the fabled Hyuga. I'm not sure if I'm incredibly lucky or incredibly unlucky that Lord Hokage chose you as my proctor. A little of column A, a little of column B I suppose."

Koyoharu cp expenditure:

Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Village : Konohagakure

Post by Anzo Aburame Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:18 pm

Anzo receives a missive by bird, which somewhat surprised him, since he was more used to being sent a message by a human when one was available; Anzo still had something of a distrust for birds, as they often liked to peck at him, likely seeing one of his many Kikaichu crawling out for a new position. For now, he allowed this one to sit on his shoulder, though he felt a great sense of unease about it sitting there. As predicted, a few moments after opening the missive to read it, he feels something like a little stab at his cheek and he dismissively, but without aggression nudges the bird right off his shoulder, forcing it to fly away as he read that he was to report to the Grand Konoha Training Facility. He rapidly pulls on his specialized necklace and his Kikaichu gourd, after ensuring it's full of the 500 Kikaichu it could reasonably hold. Anzo also takes a moment to ensure his yellow glasses are on straight, his blonde hair is fashionably spiky, and his red leather longcoat is buttoned on straight. His black nin-shoes on his feet rarely needed a lot of attention anyway.

Anzo rushes to the Grand Konoha Training Facility; he had no idea how long the bird had flown before it could get into the Aburame clan leader's office, but he hoped it hadn't had to fly for long; he hated being late. He notices some kind of odd stranger he's never seen before getting onto the elevator, but he pretends not to judge and doesn't approach or acknowledge him; since the Aburame is behind this stranger, it's unlikely that they'll make eye contact as the red-coated genin approaches the receptionist and exchanges mild pleasantries.

It's only after the person gets on the elevator and he sees the numbers climb that he taps the elevator call button himself. What an odd fellow, having a strange mask on with no masquerade party in sight. Then again, he supposes that the Aburame clan likely looks at least as odd, considering their very mysterious apparel. He notices that the elevator also stops at floor 6, and he furrows his brow. The other person hadn't recognized him, so it was extremely unlikely that he was the person that had ordered him to report to the Grand Konoha Training Facility. He'll have to puzzle it out once he arrives on the floor. And arrive he does, to see the same stranger already talking to a familiar face. Anzo's face lights up instantly as he takes in this information: the stranger is meeting with Peragus, who is likely actually the one to have sent the missive. Therefore, it was Peragus who had planned this meeting. Easy enough to deduce.

"Hellooo! Fancy seeing you here again Peragus! I've done a little bit of training on my own since we last met, actually, although I'm afraid I made a solemn promise not to teach anyone else what I've learned."

Anzo had, in fact, learned to be able to form Lightning Release from his chakra, which he'd thought all his life would be restricted to purely Earth Release techniques. It was important to have more in one's arsenal, so this excited him greatly, and he was eager to do some more training, although he still looked pointedly and quizzically at the stranger, then back at Peragus, asking a question with his eyes only; even with the blindfold, he knew Peragus could see it.

OOC: Entering with 1500 Kikaichu, no more no less

Stats:
    Strength: D
    Constitution: C
    Stamina: B+
    Speed: D
    Coordination: S
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: C
    Airi Ohara
    Airi Ohara
    Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu | Raiton | Sealing | Summoning | Medical | Taijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: Check Updates

Post by Airi Ohara Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:13 pm

It was a pretty slow day in the marketplace, she was just sitting up front with all of her employees just talking. Gingi was just shouting out 'Gingi' repeatedly, Hinako was filing her nails and minding her looks, and Kango sat deep in his seat with a lemon-water resting upon his belly. The four were yucking it up since business was slow and nothing was required. Nobody wanted the free gear, which kinda pissed her staff off a bit, but that bit of demoralization wasn't enough to keep them down and enjoying each other's companies. They all had their own quirks and qualms, but they were all good people -- well, if you could call Gingi a person.

A loud crash could be heard with the goblin shouting "GINGGIIII!" before hiding beneath his stool causing Airi to activate her Byakugan. She noticed someone being punched through a cart with her letting out a sigh.

Airi Ohara, The Carmine Hyuga
    bY9JdHx.png"
    Relax, Gingi, people are being buffoons. Just outside of my shop too, ugh!
    "
    she said in annoyance as she walked outside, pushing the door open to ring the bell and walked towards the scene of the mishap. She saw a familiar face scamper away leaving a woman there to clean up the mess. She walked over towards the woman cleaning up the mess and stared at her, looking down her nose at the woman.

bY9JdHx.png"
    What happened here? It better not have been anything stupid that caused any problems with the other shop owners.
    "
    she said in a firm voice to the one known simply as Koyoharu. She continued to track the one that ran off, noticing they were headed towards the Grand Konoha Training Facility. With a sigh, she walked away without hearing anything Koyoharu had to say, slowly walking her way towards the Grand Konoha Training Facility.

After a few moments, she stepped out of the elevator to find the floor that the chakra signature was on. She noticed a couple more familiar chakra signatures and she began to grimace. Not really so much Peragus as he kinda-sorta made up for a previous incident, but towards Anzo. She still didn't particularly like the guy. He was a bit of a smart-ass, something she didn't really like much. One cannot hope to gain any respect by speaking like an entitled brat regardless of the reason. Casually walking up to Peragus, she simply waved at him before turning her head to see the other two, giving them a rather dead-pan expression. One was a foreigner, who she didn't really care for and the other was Anzo -- who she didn't really care for for more valid reasons.

She shrugged her shoulders a bit and skipped off about 20 meters away, just observing.

bY9JdHx.png"
    I'll just watch from here! I got questions for that foreigner after you're done!
    "
    she said in a distant voice, planting her rear on the ground with her feet directly out in front of her, knees bent. She was in her purple kimono with her usual amount of cleavage showing. The kimono appeared a bit more bulkier than normal -- probably from the Snow Chakra Armor that she still hadn't attuned to yet.

bY9JdHx.png"
    Put on a good show, yeah? It's not often I get to be a spectator! Woooo! Go sports!
    "

Recognized by E Tier Intelligence
    Title: The Carmine Hyuga
    Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:03 am

First to arrive would be Naganori, who arrived walking towards him. Peragus was ready to defend himself if necessary of course. Which was only appropriate given that Naganori was new to the village entirely and was supposed to be testing for their designated rank. Shortly after he arrived, commenting on whether he was lucky or not to end up against a ‘Hyuuga’ a comment that caused Peragus to grin impishly, Anzo would arrive. The blonde man would call to him, stating that he had learned more things since they had last met but that he had promised to keep them to himself sadly.

Peragus would of course chuckle before speaking. “I’ve come across a few new tricks myself since we trained together not long ago Anzo. Don’t expect me to reveal them easily though. A shinobi’s gotta keep some of his tricks to himself after all.” He would say, noting the quizzical eye Anzo directed toward the unknown individual and back to him. A silent question in his eyes. Peragus would nod in acknowledgement before speaking. “Right then, introductions. I am Peragus Hyuuga, Jounin of Konohagakure.” He would say simply, facing Naganori directly. It was directly after his own introduction that Airi would arrive, moving over to him and waving casually before looking at the other two with a deadpan expression.

Clearly Airi had been making friends.

The red head would then skip over to about 20 meters away, intent on watching what was about to occur and stating she would simply watch and wanting them to put on a good show. Peragus would chuckle again before turning and gesturing toward the woman. “That’s Airi, my kinsman, another Jounin, the blonde is Anzo, and you of course are Naganori, of Kumogakure.” He would say, finishing getting everyones names out so everyone understand who everyone was.

“Naganori is here to be tested for a rank. Similar to how Yui was before, Anzo, you’re here to demonstrate readiness for a rank up. You two will be opponents, and I’ll be watching to make sure you two don’t kill each other.” He would say, nodding to both of them. “Unless you two would rather face me two on one of course. It’s up to you two.” He would say, inviting the two of them to decide if they would rather face each other in a one on one, or try their hands against Peragus himself with each other as teammates. “Decide which and we’ll get started. If you decide to fight each other, move out to forty meters distance from each other and face off. I’ll go out when to begin. If you decide to come at me, by all means. Begin whenever you two please. The goal of course in either scenario is to impress me” He would say, inviting the two to simply begin if they wished. With his eyes of course he would see any attempt to strike or act and could react accordingly. So he was not worried, he kept himself ready to move at a moments notice, his body seemingly relaxed as he waited.

[2]

Stats:

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Naganori
    Naganori
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Character File

Post by Naganori Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:18 pm

The barefoot ninja would nod and smile at Airi and Anzo each as they entered the Training ‘room’. His eyes would linger on Airi’s expression a little too long. Koyoharu had probably handled everything. Though the other three ninja seemed well decked out, Naganori looked comfortable in his black jumpsuit and his hoodie. He’d motion to his face as Anzo walked up, and point at point at a pair of imaginary glasses on his own face. If he’d caught Anzo’s attention, he’d give him a thumbs up, to silently communicate that he was into the Aburame’s specs. Taking in the instructions that Peragus was giving, he’d mull it over for a bit quietly to himself. He preferred a 1v1 over a 2v1 with ninja he’d never worked with. With no way to tell the odds either way, this was at least going to be the most fun method. “I choose the first option.  Humble sealer that I am, I’m not sure that I could split my attention two ways. Fewer surprises that way. I’d like to take you up on that offer later though.”

His eyes weren’t the eyes of a sealer though, yellow irises would slowly grow to a richer shade of almost glowing gold like they were catching light from an impossible angle. For those in the room who could sense chakra his reserves would almost seem to deepen. An optical illusion like changing your perspective while looking into a deep, serene, cave lake. It was nothing but that though. Naganori was simply focusing on the flow of his own chakra more manually than normal. He would walk no more than forty meters just to be a little further from Airi, pretending like he was making space for everyone. As he made his way to the spot he’d selected at E++ speed, he would slowly shuffle through some hand seals. Bird → Snake →Tiger → Dog → Boar → Ram → Tiger → Tiger. Naganori would activate four jutsu in succession, chaining them to obscure where one ended and the other began. “I didn’t bring any weapons, so I hope you don’t mind if I make some.” Hopefully Anzo didn’t mind all of Naganori’s talking because it was sure to be distracting for him if he did.

As he finished his last hand seal, he would open his palms to the side and in a puff of smoke two B/B shinobigatana would land in his hands. “My hiden lets me form objects and creatures out of ink, typically I must draw them, but that isn’t necessarily the whole truth as you can see.” Naganori would slice through a ladybug that flew by with cold precision. He’d never fought with these before, and so he would watch as the desiccated ladybug would grow pale and red and black ants would travel to his feet creating a small painted red-black spiral shape on his feet sealing the drop of ink there. If Anzo was moving into place still Naganori would wait, and when the two ninja seemed to be ready he would bow to Peragus, bow to Airi, and then bow to Anzo.

“I’m starting.” With a quick shrug his hood would lift up and over his head, and he would start walking towards Anzo with D+ speed. If he got to Anzo unimpeded and without interference, he would deliver a series of slashes varying between C+ and B+ coordination with each strike. Neck. Right armpit. Inner thighs. Neck. Abdomen. Eyes. Clavicle. Each would take additional damage in the area around it as any object or creature struck by the blades would be desiccated as their pigments were extracted. In the unlikely event that the series of slashes hit, the combo would be fatal, but Naganori was sure that Airi would stop him if things went too far and that. Most of all though, Naganori was certain that Anzo could stop him.

Meanwhile Koyoharu's Shenanigans:

CP Used:

Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:13 am

Anzo steps back until he's achieved a 40 meter distance after the Kumo ninja expresses his desire for that first option. Anzo himself has no distinct preference one way or another, although he's seen that Peragus already knows, and has also taught him, several techniques that would be quite powerful, and he's also stating that he's gained even more power since they last trained together, so it's somewhat a relief when Naganori, as he was introduced to the Aburame, chooses to go with the 1v1 option.

He's also a bit surprised and somewhat feeling unfortunate once he sees Airi show up, knowing that she still didn't really like him much; he'd have to really work on that, and maybe he could start by showing that he's at least competent at being a ninja. Anzo also catches that Naganori is performing handseals, but he can't keep track of what they are or what exact jutsu he was using. Not that it mattered until Peragus gave his signal. Anzo immediately starts setting up his Body Revival technique, beginning by subtly bulking his muscles first.

Regardless, even as he's backing away from his new sparring opponent, he keeps his eyes on the other man, observing his movements carefully, and only somewhat hearing his words as he describes his Hiden. Anzo, for his part, says nothing, though he does watch Naganori slice apart a ladybug in the air with one of the two swords he created. Naganori then warns that he's starting, and Anzo frowns; Peragus hadn't given the go-ahead, but it seemed that they were going to begin now. In any case, Anzo now takes on a fighting stance, whilst keeping the Body Revival technique active, and his Kikaichu swarm over his hands and his feet as chakra is focused along all four of his limbs as well, improving his strength further. As soon as Naganori begins his approach and not allowing him to get any closer, Anzo raises his foot and brings it down to the ground in a hard stomp, using the improved version of Chakra Enhanced Strength to give it the greatest amount of power; he's not about to let the Kumo ninja to one-up him just yet with any form of swordplay. The stomp causes a split in the earth that travels forwards for quite a surprising distance, followed immediately by a sudden eruption of Kikaichu from the fissure, with the aim of taking down Naganori.

OOC:
    Jutsu Used:

CP Used: 210 CP - 5 CP (Insect Strong-Arm Upkeep cost -1 rank cost reduction for Taijutsu Skill) - 20 CP (Insect Strength Bunker Buster -1 rank cost reduction for Taijutsu Skill) - 15 (Body Revival Technique) = 170 CP

Insect usage: 1500 - 500 = 1000 Kikaichu remaining + 50 reproduction = 1050 total

Analyzing Naganori: 1/4

Stats:
    Strength: D (C+)
    Coordination: A

Last edited by Anzo Aburame on Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stats:
    Airi Ohara
    Airi Ohara
    Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:24 pm

Introductions were out of the way with her being introduced before the other two. Yes, these two knew who she was; Anzo probably more 'intimately' than the others. Comes with the territory for a peeping tom. Then again, her little 'trap' to catch a fly probably didn't help pique his interest either. And Naganori she had met at the Village Gates. She was actually the one to let him in. While unimpressed by the answers given to her, she was now here to just watch and enjoy the spectacle and give advice when needed. It did seem another refugee from Cloud wanted to homestead here in Konohagakure, causing her to tilt her head a bit. Seems this place is a popular destination for lost souls. Better than bolstering the numbers of Iwagakure -- future dead men and women walking, they were. There would have been no need to sacrifice the lives of perfectly good shinobi of Kumogakure -- better that they joined Konoha than Iwagakure.

As things began, Airi ran her hand through her bright red hair as she tried to examine what, exactly, Naganori was doing. Yes, yes, everyone was preparing before the signal (which she would totally approve of), but she didn't hear a signal from Peragus before the man started to approach, very, very slowly with two summoned Shinobigatanas. Yes, she figured he was capable of sealing, he did seem proud of that fact. He had addressed it once at the gates and even called himself a 'humble sealer'. Then he started talking about his Hiden, causing Airi to place both of her hands upon her face with a groan. He did show some very good precision, which can be horrifying in it's own right. After rubbing her face, she noticed the man bowing to her for a moment.

It was then that the sound of a loud stomp could be heard and Airi's eyes went completely blank. That was the same way she used to activate her Accretion technique. After she watched what he actually did, she let out a sigh of relief as she saw it splitting the earth. Yup, it was about that time. She stood up, dusted off her kimono and jumped back. She felt like she was way too close to the action, maneuvering her way towards Peragus. She turned to look towards Naganori with an inquisitive look.

bY9JdHx.png"
    Seems like we've got a developing pattern here with Kumogakure nin. Either being hard of hearing or don't know how spars work. I mean, I'd agree with this happening in the field, but I don't necessarily agree with 'jumping the gun' in a sparring match. Maybe Kumogakure Nin are just unrefined barbarians like those Kirigakure nin?  And what an interesting starting strategy, moving at a snail's pace against a... What the fuck are those!?
    "
    Airi said as her blood began to freeze at the sign of -- whatever those creatures were that came out of Anzo's skin and started to swirl around. Each creature giving off a rather minute amount of chakra, but it was more than enough to cause her to involuntarily shiver from seeing them. Yes, her last exclamation was loud enough for all combatants to hear. She knew about the Aburame but she had never actually seen them in action.

bY9JdHx.png"
    You better keep those things the HELL away from me, you hear!?
    "

Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:59 am

Peragus would explain the directions and Naganori apparently wouldn’t give a care in the world. Which…Peragus kept quiet about. His eyebrow certainly raised at the statement of the former Kumogakure shinobi’s beginning his attack. However Peragus simply decided to let him move on with it. As Anzo began swaming insects over his limbs Peragus would activate his Tenseigan. Although visually the change in his eyes would be hidden by his blindfold. The only one there that could see the change would by Airi and only if she had her Byakugan active. So for all intents and purposes, absolutely nothing about the Hyuuga would change visually. His capabilities however would change to a startling degree. But only if he chose to use those capabilities.

For now he intended to hide them though. As he wanted the increased power from his Tenseigan to be his ace in the hole should he ever need it. However many in the village knew he could fly. He had done so using the Light-Weight Rock Technique before but now he did not need to use that technique in order to do so. Now he could use his Tenseigan to do it and it only cost him as much as it took to activate the eyes. A much lower amount than the Light-Weight Rock technique, making it much more efficient to use. With his eyes activated he would simply levitate into the air, getting distance and keeping his eyes open to watch for anything that might need his attention. He would keep quiet as he watched, choosing to let things play out normally. Although he would keep himself ready to move immediately when necessary.

[3]

[OOC Note: Gonna remove myself from the post order from this point on. Do not wait for me to continue, Peragus is just going to watch out of range. If anything that needs my attention comes up then inform me then and I'll post then.]

CP Cost:
    Like .2 I'm not gonna bother tracking this lmao.

Stats:

Naganori
    Naganori
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Character File

Post by Naganori Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:04 pm

Seeing the fissure beginning to form, Naganori resisted the urge to immediately flee as it moved to intercept him. Instead he would stop approaching and leap to Anzo's left as he began to move at full speed in an arc keeping 25 meters from the bug-user. Quickly after the fissure formed incredibly fast insects began pouring out of it as it started to grow to size. Those creatures are probably like the Uchiha’s. He’d seen the results of interacting with Kanara’s creepy critters. Naganori didn’t need another example. Ten steps, six or seven meters, away he would inhale deeply, as he ran as fast as he could while focusing like this [UA activating here]. Naganori would reach away from Anzo into his right hip holster with his left hand. He would let his body hide his next move for this quick moment. His swords had found their way tucked under his arms. Those with Divine Eyes would see a few things happen between his tenth and eleventh foot fall.  

Naganori would pull out eight sheets of stocky sealing paper and in a display of excellent chakra control he would imbue each of the tags with the image of a bloated, balloon-like frog with the explosion tag seal on its belly. A taijutsu specialist, or…. In a rapid motion Naganori would whip his hand out, throwing the projectiles in an array to eclipse the length of the fissure as it reached the thirty meter length to prepare for a wide sweeping explosion. Seven of them would attempt to catch the swarm of insects that had and were coming out of the fissure in their slightly overlapping blasts, four covering the length of the fissure at ground level, and three more filling in above where each pair met. One sealing tag would be flying towards Anzo.

The eleventh step. The sealer would continue to run. Naganori would now drop his left sword and make Monkey -> Horse -> Snake. Then he would make Seal of Confrontation with his left hand. As the bottom four tags reached the swarm, he’d maintain the seal and point to each tag individually with that hand. He point to Anzo as well during the explosions. In quick, asynchronous succession the seven tags would go off, ideally murdering the bugs that had begun their approach, but the tag thrown at Anzo would inertly attempt to stick to him. The bugs were fast, but the Kumo-nin was faster than the fissure’s D+ speed. He’d talk boisterously loud, making sure Anzo could hear him clearly, but he would keep circling Anzo at 25 meters away for now. “Any sealer worth his salt knows the explosive seal technique. Its brilliance lies in its simplicity, an important part of sealer’s kit.” Any stray bugs that approached Naganori would be split in half by his sword. They’d fall down colorless and split head to aft ten at a time.

Perspective shift: Going back a moment to the clone-sword as it was dropped.

The pigment in the grass around the dropped sword would rip itself free as green ants. The creatures would collect on the sword in pools of viscous grass colored liquid slowly dripping off. The dead, white grass laid around it sundered by the presence of the sword. Naganori would point at Anzo and half of the pigment would animate into thirty, grass colored snakes as they were given their target. Naganori was mostly talking to distract Anzo now, raising his voice to attempt to cover up the sounds of the ink constructs moving rapidly at the bug’s source. It would take them less than a quarter of a second to reach Anzo from where they were formed, plenty of time for him to react, but they would relentlessly pursue him. Simply running wouldn’t be enough for them to give up on him. They’d leap and bite at him. His neck, his arms, his legs. Each bite would sap 10 chakra from him, capping at 25 for the round, and if he failed to keep any one of them off of him for a post, they would begin malignant consumption of his chakra sapping 25 more chakra away. The most serpentine was Naganori waiting for him to make a mistake.

Tldr:
    Bkkping:

Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:08 pm

Anzo wastes no time after seeing that his initial attack is already being avoided, and as soon as he sees Naganori reaching for his right hip holster, he simply thrusts a pair of fingers towards the Kumo ninja at a steep angle. At the same moment, the Aburame pushes with his will against the earth, causing several sharp pillars to erupt from the ground at Naganori from several different angles, with each striking towards a different part of his legs, some aimed at his ankles and a few aimed at his knees and calves. While he pressed the attack with those sharp spines at their greatest speed, he holds back on their usual piercing power, not wanting to permanently maim the other ninja, only stop him from going any further or doing anything more for now.

Anzo doesn't wait at all after that, switching from his usual Insect Strong-Arm style to the greater power of the improved version of Chakra-Enhanced Strength, rising from the ground using the Ultra-Added-Light-Weight Rock Technique to rise rapidly from the ground since the technique required no handseals. He could feel his body becoming far lighter, his muscles weaker now that he's entered the second phase of the Body Revival Technique, but he knows this is the last time he'll be at any form of a disadvantage from the use of such a technique as he rises to a height of 15 meters above the field of combat, approaching Naganori cautiously and keeping on the lookout for any further interruptions. He's learned to use the lightning element, so he felt that he might as well make use of a specific technique to show his capability with it, and he almost immediately forms the handseals for one particularly powerful Raiton technique, those being Boar → Ram → Snake. While he builds the Raiton chakra within himself for the technique, he feeds it a little bit less than it would normally require so as to not seriously injure his opponent before thrusting both hands at his opponent, having stopped at a distance 25 meters away from Naganori so he could launch Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Murder at a slightly lower power directly at the Kumo ninja, looking to shock him into surrendering if he can.

OOC:

Jutsu Used:

CP: 170 - 10 (Rock Pillar Spears - Ninjutsu Doton affinity) - 30 (CES2) - 20 (UALR - Ninjutsu Doton Affinity) - 20 (EM) - 10 (Body Revival Upkeep) = 80

Jutsu learned: 200/200 Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Murder

Kikaichu: 1050 + 50 (passive regen) = 1100

Stats:
    Strength: D (D + 2 tiers from CES2 -2 tiers from UALR, - from Body Revival Post 2 = E++)
    Speed: D (B)
    Coordination: A (S)

Analyzing Naganori 2/4

Stats:
    Airi Ohara
    Airi Ohara
    Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:50 pm

As Airi was chatting with Peragus, he just rose to a higher plane and kept his distance. Her eyes followed the man, causing her head to move upwards with him, missing a considerable amount of the action. She raised a finger upwards for a moment, opened her mouth and said nothing. Her finger curled and she just let out a little sigh outwards. Yes, she was talking to the man, and yes he kinda floated off like he was made entirely of hot air. She puckered her lips a bit with a somewhat annoyed expression.

bY9JdHx.png"
    Uh, err, hrmmm..
    "
    she mentioned. She activated her Byakugan for a moment before she noticed something very, very different with Peragus. His chakra felt different, was much deeper and his eyes were a brilliant shade of blue. Not as deep as hers, but more radiant in nature. She would totally need to see those sometime. A sword being thrown to the earth next to her caught her attention, watching as the sword plopped next to her. Curious about the weapon, she let out a yelp when little green snakes were formed, causing her to scoot away from the sword.

bY9JdHx.png"
    What the hell. Both of these guys have creepy crawly things, ugh!
    "
    she examined, now bouncing on the balls of her feet, figuring these two might end up spilling their battle over towards her, so it never hurt to remain limber and ready to go. She did miss a good portion of the fight because she was seeing a white-haired air balloon floating off, but these two seemed relatively evenly matched, even with Anzo now being able to fly as well. She placed her hands upon her hips and started to think. She was curious to see... As Airi saw a familiar set of handseals being formed before scooting off, ensuring she was well out of range of that technique. Nope, she didn't feel like getting hit by that thing.

Naganori
    Naganori
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Character File

Post by Naganori Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:13 pm

It was apparent to Naganori that Anzo wasn't going to sit there and let him do whatever he wanted. Naganori watched through his porcelain mask as the Ninja lifted his fingers up. Only a few steps into his direction change when this happened, the left sword would find its way into his mouth and the right under his arm as he’d start draining chakra from both clones to deal with his too competent opponent. He’d maintain his momentum remorsing that only skilled opponents ever fought him. The Aburame was lifting his fingers upwards, so it was likely another attack from the ground like that wave of chakra, the bugs that emerged from the fissure, or he was using the seal of confrontation. Whatever the reason why the ninja pointed up, Naganori could barely follow the speed of his hands and didn’t want to be there [Activating Form without Ego & Fight Smarter].

As if on cue from Anzo, pillars of rock would emerge from the ground at a ridiculous angle in a few meter radius. They emerged around him at an angle low enough that they likely wouldn’t pierce his chest. How kind, a permanently debilitating, nonlethal attack. As Naganori heard the pillars form and launch, he wouldn’t take the risk of trying to outrun them. The kumo-nin would tuck upwards and somersault sideways and in the direction of his momentum, putting Anzo in front of him. He’d raise his center of gravity and be grateful for the precision attack. As his feet were lifting into the air he would change plans. Doton users were always incredibly problematic for their wide sweeping techniques. Reaching into his right hip holster, he’d pull out a sheet of sealing paper infused with the image of a horned frog. For those who could see it in the moment between Naganori touching it and it leaving his pouch. The horned toad was warty, had too large eyes, and a headband inscribed with “けろ”.

Now there were multiple problems in the sealer’s way like bugs, possible earth jutsu from beneath, and Anzo. Pulling the paper out with his index and pointer finger, Naganori would activate the jutsu. As the toad appeared in front of Naganori’s hand, it’d begin sucking the air around them forming a powerful vacuum with Naganori in the “safe zone”. Bug, dirt, air, and ninja: The toad would pull all of them into its hungry gullet without discrimination. Pocketing the sealing tag, Naganori would finish the jutsu by catching the rapidly expanding frog on his left foot [Using Supernatural Water Walking here], and making the Ram seal and the familiar electromagnetic murder technique would be absorbed [Negating that interaction with the toad] into the toad. Now that he had landed it was easy to see the blood that had begun dripping on the ground from his close dodges earlier. His right leg trembled from being bruised and lacerated, but not impaled, in multiple places trembling slightly [Hiding it with S-Rank Crd] as he lowered the quickly growing toad pretending he was fine. The most notable sign that Anzo's technique had almost gotten him was that it had shut him up, Naganori was uncharacteristically quiet.

Form without Ego: No pool
    Bkkping:

Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:18 am

Anzo frowns when his opponent manages to somersault over the rapid movement of the stone pillars, but he sees that his technique had at least caused him some damage. Regardless, he knew he was running out of chakra at a rapid pace from his use of such high level techniques in quick succession, and he nearly considers at least dropping the Ultra Added Lightweight Rock Technique when the opposing ninja moves his hands too rapidly to his side for Anzo to see, and he nearly assumes that he'd accidentally managed to hit the other man with one of the pillars in such a dangerous location, but then he can make out that it's some kind of a scroll. Regardless, Anzo assumes that he'd be able to hit Naganori with the lightning style technique before any further sealing shenanigans can take place, and so he's surprised when the giant horned toad appears, and Naganori climbs atop it to form a handseal to have the toad simply ingest the lightning instead. The Aburame sighs, though even his sigh of exasperation is sucked away into the toad.

So it's come to this...

Anzo had been trying to avoid causing any serious harm, but now with such an intense sealing technique as this frog, he had few options left. He activates the two tenketsu points that he'd learned once from Tengoku, which would likely appear as though he was fully opening the chakra points the same way someone who uses the 8 Gates might, and he feels new chakra flooding his body and reinvigorating him with a new supply. At the same time, his eyes turn fully white, though it doesn't render him blind. He rapidly performs a series of three handseals and then rockets his way to the ground to slam both palms to it, activating the technique he'd been avoiding for fear that it would be too destructive in what had until recently been a harmless spar, and he no longer holds back on the power of this technique, and the earth seems to erupt upwards on either side of the horned toad, out of reach of its mouth and tongue, in an attempt to crush the frog more quickly than it can ingest the technique with far more Earth than it can safely ingest after having already swallowed the lightning style technique.

Regardless, once the jutsu is used, Anzo goes into something of a chakra-saving state, knowing that he only has a short time with this temporary boost to his chakra pool, ending the Ultra Added Lightweight Rock Technique to conserve his energy unless he needs the flight again, but continuing to use the Body Revival Technique, the Pressure Points of Harm and Death, and even the improved Chakra-Enhanced Strength as he switches from flight to subterranean movement, sinking deep into the earth to avoid any further suction from his opponent's sealing techniques and attempting to instead hit him from a blind spot while he hopes the dust kicking up from the sandwich technique at the very least provides him with plenty of cover to avoid being seen.

OOC:

Jutsu Used:

Analyzing Naganori: 3/4

Kikaichu: 1100 + 50 (passive regen) = 1150

CP: 80 - 10 (Body Revival Upkeep) - 20 (CES2) - 20 (Sandwich Technique - Doton affinity) - 3 (HLAM - Doton affinity) + 110 (PPOHAD) = 137 CP

Stats:
    Strength: D (B++)
    Stamina: B+ (A++)
    Speed: D (E while underground)
    Coordination: A

Stats:
    Airi Ohara
    Airi Ohara
    Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:02 pm

The fight kept getting more and more interesting. This sealing user from Kumogakure certainly had a vast array of interesting techniques. Even the formation of the ink frog was quite interesting as well. Feeling the pull of the frog's vacuum, she activated her twin lion fists and used them to bite into the ground as the toad began to suck everything up. Airi grumbled and shouted out through the inhalation.

bY9JdHx.png"
    I'm not part of this fight, asshole! And let's not kill each other alright!?
    "
    She didn't get to observe much else in the fight other than the toad just inhaling everything in. She didn't really have the strength to resist the attraction, but she had more than enough to resist being pulled in by it. However, a jutsu she was only familiar with began to form with Airi grumbling.

bY9JdHx.png"
    Ah sunova..
    "
    She said letting go of the Twin Lion Fist, causing her to be pulled in by the frog. With a single opening of her mouth, she let out a massive Vacuum Shell from her mouth meant to blow everyone and everything away with it. She hoped she wasn't too late with the technique, bearing now physical power behind it, using it only to blow everyone away in hopes to interrupting Anzo's cast. While she wasn't really fast enough, it should be more than fast enough to eject Naganori backwards just in time for the sandwich technique to snap shut. The damage would have been fatal if it would have collided with Naganori.  And this was where Airi quickly activated sage mode and skidded across the air to a firm stop.

Airi Ohara, The Eldritch Sage
    bY9JdHx.png"
    You two will stop this fight this instant!
    "
    Airi said, stepping up on the air to get above the two. A look of disappointment and annoyance started to cross her lips and a cold stare was given to the submerged Anzo.

Airi Ohara, The Eldritch Sage
    bY9JdHx.png"
    I can see you, idiot. Emerge now. This was supposed to be a test of your skills, not a bloodbath. If that means you need to hold back on the strength of your techniques. You are free to perform any technique you desire, but you NEED to hold back. I will not be escorting any of your corpses to the hospital. Do you understand me? Even if Naganori has performed a powerful technique, you do NOT respond with lethal force in a spar. He will be part of our same team and we should not be killing each other. That's what we should be doing to foreigners who screw up and steal our state secrets.
    "

:: Performed: 20 CP (chakra reduction) -- 0 Power, no Tenketsu sealed, just knockback properties used.
    Unrelenting Fury

85c.gif
    Power: A (True Damage)
    Activation Chakra Cost: 30 CP
    Upkeep Chakra Cost: --
    Range: 0-80m
    Speed: S
    Element: --  
    Skill: Taijutsu
    Classification: Secret
    Requirement: Byakugan r4 Activated
    Parent Technique: Vacuum Palm | Mountain Crusher
    Handseals: --
    DESCRIPTION

Using the very principles behind Mountain Crusher and Vacuum Palm, the user opens their mouth to expel a large wall of a Vacuum Shell, being 15m wide, 5 meters tall, and 1 meter thick. The speed of execution only requires the user to open up the Tenketsu points from around their mouth and back of their neck to expel an invisible wall, blasting the target, dealing the jutsu's damage as well as launching them backwards 30 meters from when they were hit. Targets hit will also have up to 20 Tenketsu points sealed.

WEAKNESS

Targets with S+ Rank perception are capable of clearly seeing the invisible wall and would be capable of dodging it. Targets with S+ Rank Strength will be immune to the knockback property of the wall. If the user is incapable of breathing, this technique will not activate.

:: Activate Sage Mode.

Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:14 am

Peragus would be watching the fight from above, his focus on what was occurring. That focus, on both what his Tenseigan allowed him to do and on keeping on eye on the fight, caused him to miss what Airi had said. The white haired man watched as the two fighters moved through techniques with Anzo moving through a vicious amount of chakra at a rapid pace. Wincing slightly at that he continued to watch. However when Naganori created some form of toad from ink that begin to suck in techniques. He watched Anzo move to counter it with a technique that he shouldn’t have used.

Peragus recognized the chakra manipulation involved in the Sandwich Technique. Hell, he’d taught Anzo that technique himself. So while Anzo was channeling seal Peragus would already be moving, closing the distance rapidly and appearing behind Naganori just as Anzo was slamming his hands on the ground. Airi was moving as well but Peragus spun, letting her focus on Anzo. The Tenseigan wielders Great King Rotation sprung into being, forming around both him and Naganori, although pointedly leaving the toad outside of it. The modified rotation was a personal creation of his own. Taking the original concept and hollowing out the inner area, allowing him to protect others with the technique.

The spinning dome of chakra would form as the Sandwich technique began to snap shut around them. The 250m wide, long, and tall technique having far too much size for Airi’s method of protecting Naganori to work. Peragus slammed chakra into the technique, matching the force of the Sandwich Technique and the defensive shell held, grinding a dome in its shape and size within the technique, casting them both in darkness. Once the danger was passed the Hyuuga let down his rotation, the stone above and around both him and Naganori solid and ground smooth due to his own rotation grinding away at it like a dome shaped sandblaster. “I’ll get us out, conserve your chakra.” He would say, a frown in his voice. He could see Airi laying into Anzo outside with his Byakugan. Forming seals he would slam the ground and effectively reverse the technique by using the Sandwich Technique himself, returning the large structure back into the original positions of the two slabs. The technique seemingly opening up to the eyes of all involved.

With that he would stand up straight and turn toward Naganori and reach out. If allowed he would place a seal on the man’s shirt, right at the shoulder. The seal was one of his Flying Thunder God seals. “Leave that on for the moment, in case I need to defend you from something way too big again here. It’ll shave a few tenths of a second off my response time. I’ll remove it when we’re done.” He would say before turning to Anzo and Airi. “I saw Airi laying into you from within the stone so I’ll refrain from parroting her. Instead I’ll simply let her words stand. With that though, I’ll let this fight continue unless one of you wants to surrender.” He would say, moving over to Airi and touching her shoulder, activating his Light Weight Rock Technique which would allow her to fly without the use of her sage mode. He would not place a seal on Anzo as well, simply because he did not need to. One seal within proximity of the fighters was enough for him to get the job done.

Then he would nod up to her and rise into the air, clearing the field for both Naganori and Anzo to continue their fight. With so much Earth Release techniques flying around it made more sense for Peragus and Airi to be out of the way as much as possible. They could take care of themselves. But them being around somewhat limited where earth release techniques could come from in terms of origin. He didn’t want any argument or excuses to be made. Once in the air he would speak, his words pitched so only Airi could hear. “Sorry if you said something to me before. I was a bit lost in thought and focusing on what was going on.” He would say, his head still not turning to face her. Though that was fairly normal for him, it was not disrespect, there was simply little point when he wore a blindfold anyway.

[4]

[OOC: gonna re-enter the order again since I needed to post anyways lmao]

Pera CP:
    Starting: 210
    -20 (GKR)
    -30 (Sandwich)
    -10 (LWR)
    -5 (Marking Naganori for the moment)
    Remaining: 145
    No, I'm not bothering to track the Tenseigan, I'm not really fighting, but obviously my ability to defend anyway will be impaired based on my chakra levels so I am tracking the bige stuff.

Jutsu:

Notes/Breakdown: Pera blocks Sandwich with Great King Rotation (Since Fus Roh Dah won't get Naganori clear). Then reverses the Sandwich Technique so it's cleared from the field without Anzo wasting more chakra and taps Airi to let her fly if she wants. Marks Naganori with an FTG seal too in case Pera has to step in again. Otherwise the fight can continue, to my knowledge you're both still 25m apart, since I timelined Airi's Fus Roh Dah.

Stats:

Naganori
    Naganori
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Character File

Post by Naganori Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:42 pm

It looked like Anzo had a bijuu slayer. This is an entirely sepapate league of jutsu. The toads front legs would reach out attempting to slow the jutsu to no avail.he was out of the zone and his brain was zipping through ways out of this mess, finding none. All he had were untested jutsu to interact withbthis technique. He’d used them before, but mever in a context like this. Naganori would concentrate his chakra and begin to clap twice when he noticed Airi begin to act he’d hesitate for a moment. A dome would appear around him too soon. This wasn’t his jutsu. Thinking him unable to handle this particular jutsu Peragus would step in. Well he was fine with that.

Naganori would spend a chakra to create a fusee orb. His vision wasn’t as good as the Hyuuga’s, and with as much force and awe as the earth had come together ther proctor separated it. “I appreciate it.” Naganori was surprised at the turn of events. He wasn’t actually sure this was going to be nonlethal. Guiltily he would take a moment to catch his breath and steal a quick glance at his leg. As things resolved he would wait for everyone to finish talking.

“I appreciate the concern the two of you showed, but, if I may presume, I think Anzo was acting under the presumption that we were equals.” He’d pause for a brief second. “I don’t know how I’ll stack up against you, but if you’d like to continue then I will happily oblige. Please count us back off, Anzo” That was reallt all Naganori had to say on the subject. He was trying to conserve his words and manage the pain in his leg. Honestly he’d considered withdrawing entirely, but that might be offensive to his opponent.

OOC:Dropping maintenance on all of Main body’s jutsu. Maintaining pigment and transformation jutsu on sword-clones.

Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:13 pm

Anzo winces as both Airi and Peragus intervene in their fight; in all actuality, Anzo had thought to try and simply negate the seemingly quite powerful toad that had already sucked up his other A-rank technique, and had therefore thought to use the Sandwich Technique with the intention of overwhelming the Fuuinjutsu's capacity for sealing from such a large range and with such apparent power, but now that he's being chastised by Airi and Peragus, whom was acting as the will of Tengoku, he can see the foolishness of using such a a deadly technique without much regard for the well-being of his opponent, considering the fact that it was a spar, and not real combat. He rises back up from the ground after Airi admonishes him for attempting to hide, though it should have been obvious that he hadn't been attempting to hide from her; he already knew she possessed the Byakugan.

"The intention was not to cause harm, merely to overwhelm the high powered technique. With such suction power, and having seen it seal away my Lightning Release technique, I had assumed it would have been capable of nullifying the Sandwich Technique as well, thus leaving Naganori safe, but the sealing toad overwhelmed. It won't happen again."

Anzo listens to Naganori also try to reasonably defend him, and even suggest that they continue the spar, and Anzo raises his right hand just a bit above his shoulder, holding up a thumb, his index, and his middle finger. He starts the countdown wordlessly, but after dropping his middle and then his index finger, he notices that Naganori has changed a bit from his very arrogant and talkative self, and then notices the bleeding from his leg; he almost wonders how Airi and Peragus both seemed to miss it, but before Anzo can drop his thumb, he instead raises his arm much higher above his head, looking Naganori directly in the eyes.

"I declare the spar over now. Naganori is injured already, and it would be dangerous for him to continue the spar from here. I'll not spar him further unless his wounds are looked after. In any case, I feel that a determination can be decided from this point in the spar, and I am likely going to need a hospital stay myself; there's no reason both of us should be in the infirmary.

As a show of good faith, Anzo even drops the Body Revival Technique and his fighting stance of the improved Chakra-Enhanced Strength. He does look a little wobbly on his feet afterwards, apparently quite disoriented from the sudden drop in strength, but regaining his balance again rapidly. At this point, he takes a seat on the ground, letting his chakra very gradually recover as he feels a sharp pain already starting to set in from the use of those two pressure points, but he pretends not to feel it.

OOC: Halting all active effects on Anzo.

Stats:
    Airi Ohara
    Airi Ohara
    Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:13 pm

There was a big difference between 'being seen as an equal' and going over the top. She wasn't too happy when Naganori's previous Raikage used the Bijuu-dama on her and she wasn't happy that Anzo used something that would crush a Bijuu. Bijuu-level techniques have no room in the training field. There were certain techniques that she wouldn't use in a battle in the Training Field and the Sandwich technique was one of them. She noticed that Peragus protected Naganori with the King's Rotation. They were given the ability to continue the fight and something that Naganori stated actually really annoyed her.

[size=20]Airi Ohara, The Eldritch Sage
    bY9JdHx.pngBijuu level techniques shouldn't be used in the training field, especially techniques that would ACTUALLY kill the other person. We aren't savages like those Iwa nin.  
    She said with a bit of dismay. It was then that Anzo decided to cancel the fight and nodded her head. It was at this time that Airi disabled her Sage Mode, returning to her original appearance. She wasn't too happy with this situation, causing her to shake her head.

bY9JdHx.pngWell, I'll leave the rest to you, Peragus.
    she said, eyeballing Anzo for a moment and then eyeballing the foreigner before whipping her ponytail over her shoulders to her back and walked off. She felt she had seen enough.

bY9JdHx.pngOh! If you do decide that he would become a shinobi, stop by my shop for your headband.
    she said, addressing Peragus and then towards Naganori. With that, she departed.
    ==Attempting Exit==
    150 EXP for me[/size]

Peragus
    Peragus

Character File

Post by Peragus Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:37 am

In the end it would appear Anzo had decided to not continue the fight. Citing Naganori's injuries and his own soon to be sustained injuries as the cause. Peragus knew of what Anzo had done of course. The Pressure Points of Harm and Death would soon backlash on the man and that would cause him issue. It was a valid concern, thought Peragus had hoped to see how the man might work through that weakness. Naganori himself wasn't that injured and many had been and would be required to fight through more serious injury. Still, If Anzo was done fighting than there wasn't much Peragus could do to force the matter.

Peragus would nod in acknowledgement and farwell to Airi as she left. Her comments that bijuu level techniques shouldn't be used in the training field the last bit of criticism she left behind. On that note Peragus agreed. It was one thing when one had an idea of how strong one was. Mind you Peragus remembered Yui using Bijuudama not long ago in the training facility when she did not know Airi's full capabilities of defending against it. Airi at least had only countered the blast, not instigated it. Part of the reason for doing this fight had been to gauge Naganori's abilities. Which seemed to lay in the direction of fuinjutsu and ninjutsu. Using drawings to fight opponents. An interesting style and he clearly had the capability to defend against higher power attacks.

However the fight had overall been too fast for Peragus to be willing to keep the man's Jounin Rank. Not only that but from what he could see, if he or Airi hadn't protected him he probably would have been killed by the Sandwich Technique. That jutsu was powerful, overly so for the spar indeed, but was still something a Jounin would be expected to be able to deal with on the fly. Hell Airi herself had shown what the capabilities of a Jounin would more or less be expected to be recently. Setting an example for others. That bar was high, absurdly so, but so long as someone reached for it and worked toward it they would land pretty close to what would actually be expected of a Jounin in short order.

Anzo himself had used jutsu after jutsu, working to overwhelm Naganori. So far as strategies go, that wasn't very good. Especially given he had to use a technique that would give him a load more chakra to keep the momentum going fairly quickly after the fight actually started. Naganori meanwhile had only really used one technique to counter most of what Anzo had done and the point at which Anzo had taken it too far the former Kumogakure shinobi wasn't expected to have to deal with. Anzo had access to powerful techniques. Peragus of course knew that personally. However he relied less on using the right technique at the right time and more on firepower in excess. A strategy that wouldn't work against any shinobi with access to similar levels of techniques.

So while Anzo had the jutsu capability of a Jounin. He clearly wasn't ready in terms of strategy and tactics. Meaning he couldn't endorse him for that rank either. Special Jounin were expected to only really need a bit more polishing before the rank of Jounin and Anzo needed a bit more seasoning than that. So Peragus was confident in endorsing the man for Chuunin, but no higher. The same for Naganori for that matter. Nodding his head to himself he would move to face both Anzo and Naganori, hands slipping into his pockets as he spoke. "Given that Anzo isn't interested in continuing, I'll call it then. Both of you have access to powerful jutsu. Though Naganori you need more personal power before you can be called a Jounin in Konohagakure. That said what you used defended you well until something you shouldn't have really been expected to defend against came up. You've got the mind and tactics for higher rank. But need a more powerful arsenal before you can really be bumped up" He would say, before speaking toward Anzo. "Anzo you have the opposite problem. You rely too much on excessive amounts of jutsu. You even had to use a technique that had some pretty sizeable drawbacks to continue after only a very short time. That's a strategic blunder if you're fighting someone with jutsu on the same level as yours. As such I can't recommend you for Jounin either. You are however easily Chuunin material. Anzo has the jutsu arsenal of a Jounin, but you need more seasoning and experience before reaching that level and you aren't quite close enough in that regard for me to feel comfortable endorsing you as a Special Jounin." He would say, finishing.

His tone wasn't one of someone being rude, or filled with condemnation. He was simply giving the two his advice and observations based on what he had seen in the fight. "I'll send in my endorsement for both of you to be Chuunin now. Since you're both walking under your own power I suggest you both head toward the medical center on the first floor. They'll get you to a hospital if you need more specialized care." He would explain before taking off again and flying toward the elevator at his best speed, leaving the facility and going to turn in the necessary paperwork to the Hokage.

[5]

Exit

I'll send the DM to Tengoku about the rank ups now.

Stats:

Anzo Aburame
    Anzo Aburame
    Leaf Chuunin
    Leaf Chuunin

Post by Anzo Aburame Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:54 am

As it is, despite Airi's condemnation of his use of such a high-powered technique, Anzo remains in an upright position with his face forwards and his eyes focused on some point far in the horizon, beyond even the walls of the Training Facility. Her words still reach him, as is made clear by his attempt to maintain a stoic face that occasionally bleeds over into self-disappointment, but he remains steadfast. He simply doesn't respond when Airi states that bijuu-level techniques must not be used in the training field. As much as Anzo wants to point out that the suction of the horny toad likely would have killed him as well, had it sucked him inside as it was trying to do, that it likely would have been a bijuu-level threat, but he wisely holds his tongue. Besides, it wouldn't be a good welcome at all to throw the Kumo ninja under the bus, especially as he was now going to be a fellow Leaf ninja.

He relaxes a little after she leaves, though he still shows Peragus his utmost respect by not attempting to argue, bemoan, or even to make light of his own shortcomings while the Jounin is evaluating both himself and Naganori. He takes this lesson to heart, that he should instead learn to temper his fighting style and to instead learn to keep better track of his chakra reserves rather than spending it all at once in an attempt to bring down a single "enemy", though in this case it was only a spar. Anzo instead starts recognizing it as a chance to know what exactly he needs to improve in order to attain higher ranks, at least what Peragus is looking for.

Then the conversation shifts to something more exciting; Anzo is given the rank of Chuunin, but he hears a similar rank being given to Naganori, whom he'd known was a Jounin of Kumogakure now, and it takes some self-control to not wince at hearing of the demotion. In any case, it shouldn't take long for Naganori to attain a higher rank; he just needed some more impressive jutsu, and there were many. In any case, once Peragus leaves, Anzo carefully makes sure to clap Naganori on the shoulder opposite his hurt leg, allowing the other man to shift his weight off of his bad leg so as to not put any further pressure on the wounds.

"Hey, the hospital pudding cups are on me."

Anzo gives Naganori a big smile, though even he's starting to feel the effects of the Pressure Points of Harm and Death, and so he moves slowly out of the training facility, trying to get to the hospital himself ASAP.

OOC: THREAD EXIT

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content