Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Reporting for Duty

Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Reporting for Duty Empty Reporting for Duty

Post by Hibiki Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:53 pm

Hibiki walked into the waiting room for the Hokage’s office and took a seat waiting for her name to be called.  She wasn’t sure who or even what this Hokage person was but she could sort of tell they were important.  Come to think of it, didn't they have something similar sounding back in Iwa?   She vaguely recalled being told a few times about someone called the Tsuchikage which kind of sounded like a species of bird to her.  

The most important person she knew was of course Father, and after the person Father talked about the most Dai-chan.  Would this Hokage thing be someone of similar stature?  Though why anyone of importance would want to speak with some nobody like Hibiki was beyond her.  She’d only come here because she’d been told to report here, nothing more and nothing less.

While she waited either to be called into the office or for someone else to show up, Hibiki began to toy with the brand new Kononha headband she was wearing in place of the old plain one, reveling in the sense of belonging it gave her.  Technically as a test subject of Hades she was loosely considered to be a part of the Iwa military at the time, but never in any official capacity.

[1]

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: E
    Ryo: ?

Reporting for Duty Empty Reporting for Duty

Post by King of Games Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:53 pm

The member 'Hibiki' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Reporting for Duty WFpjHMN
    Airi Ohara
    Airi Ohara
    Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu | Raiton | Sealing | Summoning | Medical | Taijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: Check Updates

Reporting for Duty Empty Re: Reporting for Duty

Post by Airi Ohara Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:29 am

The sound of pen scratching on paper could be heard, even from outside of the Hokage's office. The catastrophic attack from the Bijuu left plenty of scars on the village and plenty of paperwork that needed to be filed. Insurance claims, requests for repairs, and other such paperwork that generally follows a disaster all came through her desk. She spent more than her fair share of time dealing with the people on the ground, now it was time for her to sort out the paperwork inside.

She was sitting behind her desk, the Hokage's hat sitting proudly upon the corner of her desk next to a mountain of paperwork. The room was starting to get a bit stuffy, prompting her to place a paperweight upon the pile of papers that stacked up, an inheritance from Tengoku, as well as the current stack of papers she was working on. She placed several paperweights around before walking to the window and gently opening it, letting the wind blow through her, causing her to adjust her kimono and the sound of papers rustling in the wind. It was time for her to take a break.

There was a small knock on the door and her secretary poked her head into the office. "Lady Hokage, you have a Hibiki here to see you," she mentioned. Airi turned to look at her secretary and didn't seem to remember who this was. This all, however, happened before she went into her self-induced coma. Looking up thoughtfully, she turned to look at the secretary and nodded her head. "Shinobi?" she asked. The secretary nodded. "Let her in," she said before the secretary closed the door and looked towards Hibiki.

"The Lady Hokage will see you now. Please be sure to show proper decorum around her," she said as she looked around and leaned in to whisper. "She's kind of a stickler for that stuff." she said before a muffled sound could be heard from the other side of the door. "I can see you!" she shouted out. The secretary jumped a bit and smiled to Hibiki. "Good luck," she whispered to Hibiki before rushing off to do secretary things.
    OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
    == Airi's Rank 5 Byakkugan activated ==

Airi's EXP Gained thus far
    • This Post: 15
    • Total Gained: 15
    • Event Points: 1

Airi's EXP Unique Ability
    Experience from Me to You
    A player may provide an additional +5 EXP bonus when being a sensei or team leader in a thread. However, the player loses 5 EXP, per post, when performing missions

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

Village: Konohagakure
    Recognized by E Tier Intelligence
    Title: The Carmine Hyuga

CP: 290 | 130 Senjutsu CP
    Strength: D {C}
    Constitution: B {B+}
    Stamina: B {A+}
    Speed: A
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: A
    *Attuned: Weaknessless Soaring Shortswords
    *Attuned: Str +1 Tier due to Attunement with Silent Meteoric Kote
    *Con + from Lifestyle
    *+1(+) passive Stamina due to Uzumaki
    *Raiton Chakra Cost Reduction
    *Taijutsu Chakra Cost Reduction
    *Attuned: Fuuinjutsu Chakra Cost Reduction due to Attunement with Vocalized Mask

[Tracker] [Update]
    Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:34 am

As she fiddled with her headband Hibiki could hear the distinctive sounds of pen on paper.  It was a sound she knew well. The scientists around her in the Hades facility were always writing about something or other on the clipboards they carried night and day.   She’d asked them why once and they’d replied something or other about the importance of collecting data.    Was that what this Hokage person was doing or was she writing about something else?   

Hibiki hoped it was the latter. Maybe if she was really  lucky they would be drawing up a new picture book for her to read.  Well not that she couldn’t read slightly more wordy books, but it was difficult and required a lot of concentration so she preferred ones that were mostly pictures. 

That was when the secretary spoke to her.  So the Hokage was a lady. Well, that solved figured out her gender for Hibiki who somehow managed to keep a straight face when the lady mentioned a word that she didn’t understand. She had so many questions. What was decorum?   And what was the difference between the normal version and the proper one?   

Nodding her head to show her appreciation for the advice even if she didn’t really understand it Hibiki made her way to the room only to stop and stare in sheer awe and fascination at the sight. She’d never seen so much paper in one place before having never been to a library or an archive.   The Hokage it seemed had to be a pretty smart cookie if she could read through the sheer volume that was present in the room. 

Snapping out of her revelry Hibiki glanced over from all the documentation to take into the visage of the Hokage herself.  Because of all the experimentation that had been done to her, her memory wasn’t always the best. She had a strong feeling that she had seen this person before but it wasn’t coming to her right away. A few seconds of silence stretched on before the figurative lightbulb finally went off inside the young girl's head.

“Big Sis”  She exclaimed loudly with an excited smile.  Airi after all was the person who had given Hibiki her name. They weren’t biological family or anything but they had a passing resemblance in that both girls had red hair and blue eyes.  Well that is if you could overlook the minor difference in skin tone.  There was also a certain irony to Hibiki calling the much shorter Airi whom she towered over “Big” sis, not that Hibiki herself would be aware.  

“You’re the Hokage?” Hibiki asked in mixture of surprise and shock.  She’d had no idea that the person who’d made her back into a human being from a test subject, the person she so deeply admired and respected was such a big shot.   She might be a bit dull at times but even she wasn’t stupid enough to assume that the Hokage would be someone else when she was standing right in the Hokage’s own office, here to meet with them to get her first assignment.

[2]

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:18 pm

As Hibiki entered, she had a big smile plastered across her face. She looked just like one of her distant cousins, Kurenai, but the words 'Big Sis' and the fact that the secretary addressed the visitor as Hibiki was a dead give-away that it wasn't the same girl. She paused with the smile upon her face as she tried to recall who Hibiki was, trying to remember as her memories were a bit spotty from having gone into her coma after attempting to take her own life.

Her memory snapped into place and she finally recalled who Hibiki was. A tragic child who underwent more terrible trauma than anyone should have. She walked up to Hibiki and wrapped her arms around the child in a warm embrace. "It's been a while, Hibiki. I'm glad you're doing well. And yes, I was the Hokage when i gave you that assignment to Iwagakure too. But I had to go to sleep for about a year, so Lord Tengoku kept the seat safe until I woke up," she said, releasing her embrace from Hibiki, placing a hand upon her shoulders and just looked her over.

"Have you been eating properly? Getting plenty of rest and been training?" she said, almost doting like an older sister would. She released her grip upon her and sighed outwardly, realizing she was doting a bit too hard. "Let's go back a bit. To what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"

• Total Gained: 30
    • Event Points: 2

A player may provide an additional +5 EXP bonus when being a sensei or team leader in a thread. However, the player loses 5 EXP, per post, when performing missions

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

*Con + from Lifestyle
    *Attuned: Fuuinjutsu Chakra Cost Reduction due to Attunement with Vocalized Mask

[Tracker] [Update]
    Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:57 am

It had been a while indeed.  While Airi had been sleeping Hibiki had undergone a bevy of testing and evaluation.  It was similar in a way to what Hades had done, just far more humane.  This wasn’t for experimentation but to assess her mental and physical health levels.    Partly to make sure she didn’t hurt anyone and partly to make sure she didn’t hurt herself. 

At the time they had first met Hibiki had been a shell of a person in more ways than one. Thin to the point that her bones were showing from malnutrition and displaying almost no trace of acting on her own initiative.  Worse of all was the virtual lack of any emotion.  It was like she had been closer to a robot, programmed to follow the directions she was given and little else.    

It had taken months and months of rehabilitation before the kind doctor cum psychiatrist had released her to the public.  That said even now she still had a long way to go before she could be fully considered normal by most people’s standards.  Still at this point the best thing for her was to be interacting with other kids her own age rather than remaining copped up in a padded hospital room. 

Hibiki’s mind went blank in surprise as she felt herself embraced in a hug. She couldn’t remember the last time she’d received such physical intimacy.  It was a strange and unfamiliar thing but damn if it didn’t feel good.  The sense of affirmation it gave her that things were ok, that she was allowed to live like a normal person went far beyond reassurance spoken words could have given her.

A lone tear splashed down her cheek, another surprise.  Hibiki had long thought herself incapable of shedding any tears when it came to herself and yet here she was crying just a little.  The difference being that it was derived from her sheer feelings of happiness rather than the more typical sadness.  Reaching out with Trembeling hands, she returned the hug briefly as before long the older girl broke away on her own initative much to Hibiki's disapointment

“You really slept for a whole year?”  Asked Hibiki in disbelief as if she couldn’t quite believe it.  A year was an awfully long time with more days in one then she could count.  “Maybe we should start calling you sleeping beauty.” she said cracking a joke. Well a half joke anyhow since Airi was indisputably beautiful.   It went to show just how far her rehabilitation had come that she was capable of humour now.  When she’d first arrived she’d taken anything that was said to her quite literally. 

“You bet I’ve been eating.”   Now that she was being taken care of properly Hibiki went out of her way to insure that she never missed a meal. Too many times she’d been forced to go without.  If anything like a stay animal turned domestic, there was a danger of her getting fat from eating too much since she’d been deprived for so long.   

“I even discovered a wonderful dish known as beef stroganoff. I’d love to cook some for you sometime”  It was so good she almost didn’t even know how to describe it. If she had more literary knowledge she would have compared it to the ambrosia of the gods.   Best of all it was so simple that even She could make it, at least if she believed the song she’d heard at the supermarket anyway.  

“I’ve been so busy lately.  Some people at the training place helped me learn a few earth jutsu and I even made some friends the other day.  All the excitement has me sleeping like a log.”   Hibiki exclaimed, hoping to be praised for her accomplishments.  She wasn’t really sure how a log could sleep but she’d heard people use that specific expression enough times that she figured it was safe enough for her to use in this context. 

“Oh right.” Hibiki said realizing she’d gotten off track when Airi asked her why she’d come to visit today.  Thankfully at least one of them could keep things on task “The doctor told me I was clear for duty and to report to the Hokage for my first assignment.” She explained visibly brimming with excitement as she wondered what kind of mission she would be given.  

“Are you going to have me pick up garbage? Or maybe paint a fence?” She asked breathlessly. She’d heard those were typical tasks that Gennin was asked to do as was rearing to try her hand at them.  A normal genin would find such a thing mundane and hope for a combat mission instead but Hibiki was about as far from normal as it got without becoming something outright absurd like being an alien from outer space. 

[3]

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:01 am

"Yeah, I slept for a whole year. I.." she said with a pause, her eyes darting to the side. It wasn't something she really wanted to talk about especially to someone so young like Hibiki. Not many people knew the reason she took a nap besides Tengoku and the doctors and staff at the hospital. She was just going to keep it at that. Strangely enough, she went through even worse things this time around during her tenure as Hokage, but it was a different kind of stress. She blushed a bit and wiped some of the tears off of Hibiki's cheek. "Oh my, you have quite the silver tongue on you, Hibiki. Going to grow up to be a heart-breaker," she laughed jovially.

Hibiki started to talk about the food she ate and she said something completely foreign to her. Beef stroganoff. She raised a brow. "Is that, like, some kind of curry or something?" she tried to rationalize, not knowing what this 'stroganoff' is. To her, that sounds like the name of a person from a far-away land with a climate similar to the Land of Snow and the Land of Lightning. "Well, yes, that does sound interesting," she didn't seem too interested, but was willing to entertain the thought, especially since it involved little Hibiki.

She chuckled and ushered Hibiki to have a seat on one of the two plush chairs on the other side of the Hokage's desk while she took the other, Hibiki had her undivided attention as she leaned forward and just listened to what Hibiki had to say about the training. It was at this time that she was given good news! She pressed her palms together, pleased at the information that she was cleared to finally do shinobi work again. The fact that Hibiki was also useful with Earth Techniques was also a god-send.

"Well, I do have a job you can take on if you really want. Something that someone with your Earth Expertise would be great with. So, I don't know if you noticed lately, but the village is kind of a mess," she said, leaning back and gazed upwards for a moment. Oh, just thinking about it stressed her out. The amount of lives that were lost in that event. She turned to look back towards Hibiki. And you probably noticed that, in the middle of the village, is a massive, gaping hole where a giant kaijuu sized monster popped out of. Well, that hole needs to be filled and it'll probably take a bit more than shovels to fix that massive hole,[/color]" she said with a big sigh outwards.

"It's like..  50 meters wide and who knows how deep. I'll pay you out of my own pocket to fill that hole. You can get some help if you really want, but it's suggested that you get other Earth users to help fill in that hole. It's currently cordoned off, but I'd rather children not accidentally run off and into the hole, you know?" she said. She was actually concerned with the well-being of the people in her village, even though one of her actions lead to the death of several people, both shinobi and civilian, in the village. She had nowhere else to send the Chibaku Tensei that that alien created. So she was left with the Trolley Dilemma. If she and Tengoku died, nobody else in the village could stop that creature. However, she ended up killing, indirectly, about 30 people in the process of protecting the only protectors that could deal with the problem. A decision that'll haunt her for the rest of her life.

While she was thinking back on it, she seemed very disturbed, nervously biting her lower lip when she thought about how many people she had to kill that day to save everyone else. She orphaned children, widowed wives, and took the lives of many children at the gate on a routine day. They weren't capable of escaping in time due to the rapid attack from the Bijuu. She simply had the thousand yard stare for a brief moment before snapping out of it and returned to her cheerful demeanor.

• Total Gained: 45
    • Event Points: 3

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:57 am

It was probably for the best that the Hokage refrained from explaining anything about the reason behind her long nap.  Talking about something as serious as suicide could put the wrong type of idea into Hikibi’s impressionable head.   

With how limited her framework was she was prone to bouts of monkey see monkey do type situations where she would imitate the people around her in order to better fit in.   Sometimes it worked, and sometimes it was wildly inappropriate simply because she didn’t know better.

As Airi spoke the younger girl hung onto her every word. Doing her best to parse every unfamiliar turn of phrase.  The Silver tongue part made enough sense, she supposed.  She could turn parts of her body into steel after all.   The second part about growing up to break hearts though was concerning.   Hibiki still wasn’t all that great at that nounce thing.  She wasn’t quite sure if Airi was being literal or the laugh at the end signified if it was a joke, not something to be taken too seriously.

“I prefer to think of myself as a heart-mender.”  replied Hibiki with a serious expression on her face.  The facade of over excited exuberance that she usually wore in an attempt to appear to be more like a normal girl had faded to the point it would almost seem eerie how calm she was being right now.  Like a wavy lake had suddenly turned placid.  

It wasn’t the monotone from when she had first been rescued anymore, just her being herself for once rather than what she thought people expected from her.   She was coming out of her shell sort to speak because Airi was doing such a good job at making her feel comfortable. 

It was a different context than what Airi had meant but she’d broken plenty of hearts already.  How many times had she been forced to hurt someone else? Forced to perpetuate someone else's suffering? She was quite frankly sick of it all.  

“I want to help people.  The way you helped me.”   Hibiki reaffirmed.  She wished she had a better, more eloquent way of saying that.  Unlike the fancy way many of the grown ups around her talked this was the best she could manage.   

Taking the seat that was offered to her, Hibiki pondered how to answer the question about food.  It was complicated because for one she was wondering what the heck this curry stuff was and secondly because she didn’t really know much about the dish called beef stroganoff beyond the fact that it tasted good, unlike the green paper bills she’d been given which she’d mistaken for a weird kind of lettuce at first.  Those were totally unediable. 

“It's beef,beyond that I, I don’t know….” She admitted reluctantly, her face slightly flush with embarrassment over her ignorance.  But it would have been even more embarrassing to try and cover it up with a bald face lie.  Lying being something Hibiki was well aware she was terrible at.  If it was just some random stranger she might not care, but she couldn’t bring herself to try lying to her big sister. 

Calling the village a mess seemed a bit like an understatement. Right now parts of it resembled the literal war zones that Hibiki had practically grown up in.  She’d heard it was supposed to be a fairly nice place but sadly she hadn’t had much of a chance to experience it before it had been torn up. 

Now Hibiki didn’t have the greatest grasp of math.  She could do some basic Addition and subtraction without too much trouble, and maybe a little multiplication and division with some intense concentration.  She wasn’t sure if 50 meters was like a lot, or if it was only though if it was deep enough for a child to be in danger of falling it was obviously a problem that needed fixing.

“Leave it to me. I’ll see that it gets done.”  reassured the young girl.  She was still pretty terrible when it came to using doton jutsu on her own but like Airi had said she could use some help which gave Hibiki a brilliant idea.   If she worked together with the couple who’d helped her with her earth jutsu training recently, the three of them could make short work of just about any hole in the ground. Well as long as it wasn’t the size of the grand canyon or something.    They’d probably want a share of the pay but Hikibi was fine with that since she didn’t know what to do with the money in the first place.

“Are you ok Sis?” Asked Hibiki. After being asked to take care of the hole in the ground she’d noticed the shift in Airi’s demeanor as the older girl was thinking about something that was apparently very difficult for her.  By most definitions Hiibki wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.  She might not be the brightest but perhaps because her own emotions had been so dulled until very recently she was very sensitive when it came to the emotions of other people.  She wasn’t sure what, or why but she could tell something was off with the person she admired the most in the world. 

[4]

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:36 pm

Oh, that was most certainly not what she meant about being a 'heartbreaker'. This caused Airi to place her hands over her mouth and chuckle. "Not quite, what I meant, dear Hibiki," she said. This girl was extremely naive and possibly to a fault. She removed her hands from her lips and cupped her own chin in thought. "I suppose, in simpler terms, you are a sweet girl and I'm sure you'll draw the attention of other boys or girls your age," she said, patting the top of her head. Her naivety was endearing, even though it might bring her trouble in the future. Oh, what it was like being the same way. The last time Airi was like that was before unlocking the Byakkugan, back before the age of 14.

Zipping back to her thoughts, she snapped out of her thoughts and turned to look back towards Hibiki. "Yes. I was just reflecting on the other day when the bijuu attacked," she said, placing a palm upon her stomach where the creature was sealed. She returned to her seat, still somewhat covered in golden glitter from when she sealed Roen inside of Tengoku and when she sealed Saiken inside of the new Mizukage, Burritsu. "Some mistakes were made, primarily due to external influences and it's something I'll have to live with for the rest of my life," she said plainly. She knew Hibiki was there watching, but what she didn't see was what bothered Airi. She was stuck in the Trolley Dilemma. Either she sent that monstrous technique to the Hokage's office and ruined the entirety of the government structure of the village, sent it to Rain where innocent people ignorant of the attack on Leaf would suffer and die, send it to Kirigakure who would have also suffered and died, sent it to the Hyuuga Clan District where her kinsmen would die, or sent it to the gates where the least amount of casualties would have been.

A hard decision that she had to make. She wasn't going to sacrifice herself nor Tengoku because an alien decided to make a stupid decision that put both of their lives at jeopardy -- the only ones capable of dealing with the Bijuu. She leaned back in her seat and let out a little sigh outwards. "Every time I'm given this seat, something bad has to happen. It's kinda difficult to process all of this is all."

• Total Gained: 60
    • Event Points: 4

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:01 am

“Oh…” Muttered Hibiki as Airi explained what she had really meant by the heartbreaker comment. When she put it in such simple terms even Hibiki couldn’t fail to understand her.  It was frustrating enough that she almost wanted to kick herself for the misunderstanding.  The worst part was she was just smart enough to know that things often went over her head.  

In some ways it would be easier to be the type that was ignorant enough to spout a line about how if something tried to fly over their head that they’d catch it.  With a titanic effort she  focused as hard as she could,  brushing aside the fog that usually clouded her mind for a short while in order to speak as frankly as possible, using words she wouldn’t normally be able to express properly. 

“You meant in a romantic sense….”  She clarified more than a little unsure about how she should feel about that.  Attracting other people was well and good but what did it mean to go out with someone?  You were supposed to put them above anyone else in your life right?  Could she even do something like that?  After so long in the darkness Hibiki felt blessed beyond words to have found such great friends and even a family of sorts with her big sister figure Airi.  If her modest happiness and quiet life could continue forever then she didn’t care about falling in love.

She’d been out of touch with her emotions for so long that she barely understood what love was in the first place.   Even now most of her emotions were fairly faint.  She was simply exaggerating them for the benefit of others because when she didn’t people found her too creepy to be around for long which was kind of detrimental to her whole plan of making one hundred (or more) friends.

“I think my type’s better off never falling in love…”  said Hibiki forlornly with her own thousand yard stare. She was so damaged that she was worried that she couldn’t reciprocate another person’s feelings properly.  That being in a relationship with her would only hurt them in the long run. 

She almost never talked about herself like this but Airi it seemed was really good at digging deep into the core of her being in ways that most others couldn’t.  Maybe that was what it meant to be family. Feeling comfortable being yourself around them instead of pretending to be something else.   It felt good to get those feelings off her chest for once, as generous as it was it only had so much room after all.  

Talking like this with someone else about her worries and then listening to theirs in turn was a new experience for her.  For her part Hibiki felt that Airi was being too hard on herself for the mistakes made when handling the bijuu attack. As if anyone could deal with something on that scale perfectly without a single life lost.  If they could they would truly be beyond the realm of super human and into the realm of the gods.  

“Come on Sis, even the Sage of Six Paths couldn’t have stopped a bijuu like that without co…collateral damage.”   Hibiki insisted strongly, stuttering on the difficult word that she wouldn’t normally be able to use.  Maintaining her focus like this was hard, already she could feel her concentration slipping.  It wouldn’t be long now before the fog rolled back in and she slipped back into her usual naive self.  Sweatdrops appeared on her forehead at the effort as she fought to express herself.  She still had one last thing to say while she was still capable of saying it properly. 

"Bad things happen because the universe is stupid. It doesn't care about good or bad. It just does what it does. But that doesn't mean we sit around and let bad things happen. We fight back. We make things right. Because that's what heroes do. And you are... you are definitely one of those. At least to me"  she admitted speaking from the heart.  For the longest time Hibiki had thought her life had been a mistake.  Full of nothing but suffering and pain…. She’d longed and longed to end things but been too weak to follow through.   It was Airi who had saved her, Airi who had given her the will to live again, the will to try and become a normal person, or at least as normal as a former test subject could manage at any rate. 

[5]

Using  the following Ua:
    Focused Mind: By focusing very hard on her thinking processes Hibiki is capable of boosting her Intelligence by +1 tier in exchange for lowering her Perception by -1 tier and a cost of 5 cp.

Hibiki Chakra 110/100
    -5 for Focused mind
    105/110 remaining

Current stats
    Spoiler:

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:17 pm

Her eyes darted a bit from side to side, feeling a bit ashamed to be saying all of this to a child like Hibiki -- especially when she didn't particularly understand romance due to her upbringing. She didn't verbally respond to Hibiki's revelation on the topic. She didn't really need to, the look on her face said more than enough on that subject. At least, Airi believed Hibiki probably didn't understand different types of love such as Eros. Philia, agape, and storge were easily understood by everyone, but for someone in Hibiki's position, it might be a bit difficult to conceptualize to her.

She playfully shoved Hibiki. "Oh, get off that. Everyone deserves it, even my little Hibiki deserves someone like that. You'll find someone some day. You're cute, you're sweet, you'll find someone," she mentioned with a bright and warm smile upon her face.

Then the conversation grew heavy when it involved something she considered a mistake. She had to deal with the backlash and aftermath of the Bijuu attack. She placed her hand upon her stomach, where the seal that held Chomei was placed. A phantom pain for those that disappeared still lingered like she lost a part of herself. If only she had the ability to have done something else. The feeling of helplessness struck her but she also knew that she had no other choice.

She nodded her head at Hibiki's words. What she said was true and she took a deep breath to try to maintain her composure. "You're right. Thanks for listening, Hibiki," she said brightly, moving her hands up to her eyes to wipe away the moisture that gathered between her eye-lids, slightly smudging some of her eye-liner in the process. "I think I'll build a monument at the gate to commemorate the sacrifices that were made." she said, simply smiling to Hibiki.

Clearing her throat, she uprighted her posture. "Well, the next time we meet privately, we should have some tea or do something more than just talk," she planned, sniffling a bit as she tried to readjust her composure. She was near the point of breaking down and crying, but she had to remain strong in the eyes of all of her shinobi -- even one that she treated like the sibling she never had. "Do you have any other questions on the job I gave to you?"

• Total Gained: 75
    • Event Points: 5

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:52 am

Love, it was such a simple and yet difficult word at the same time.  Honestly speaking the Greeks had it right separating it into different categories rather than having one blanket term like in English.    If someone asked Hibiki if she loved say Airi she would no doubt reply yes, but if they asked in the romantic sense that answer would change.   She just didn’t have the proper vocabulary  to fully express what the specific type of affection that she felt for her big sister was. 

To her there wasn’t a word quite right enough to fully fit the situation.  Admiration, trust.  The sense of safety and warmth.  Of give and take.  For Airi to be proud of her and for her to be there to support Airi when she was hurt or sad.    If pressed the closest Hibiki could come to describing it would be the word Devotion.  Simple yet poignant.   That was Hibiki at the end of the day.   Some might call her a bit…simpleminded but in a way her straightforwardness and purity were her greatest strengths. 

“Do you really think I could find someone?” asked Hibiki as she allowed herself to be playfully shoved.  There was a hint of hopefulness to her voice, her face turning a dark shade of red out of embarrassment. She wasn’t used to being described in such positive terms.  Being called sweet twice in the same conversation and then cute was making her feel a bit bashful. 

Airi was the perfect counterweight to Hibiki’s pessimism about herself. She reminded Hibiki to take care of herself and that it’s okay for her to be a little selfish sometimes. That Hibiki was worth something for who she is and not to lose sight of that and not to keep all of her pain to herself.  Airi was being a literal ray of sunshine for Hibiki to return to, to keep from getting lost in the darkness she was still fighting inside herself.  Without that pillar of support  it would likely only be a matter of time until Hibiki self-destructed.

It was around the time when the discussion had transitioned from talks of romance and love to more heavy matters that Hibiki’s focus finally broke allowing the fog to roll back in over her mind just as Airi was thanking her for listening.  She could still remember most of what they had talked about, but it was like some of the pieces had been mixed up and didn’t quite fit together anymore.

“Of course, I’d listen to you any time Sis.”  she replied simply, the serious look in her eyes replaced by her more usual doopy but well meaning expression.  “I think they’d like that…”  She said as she thought about the man she’d seen being lasered to death during the attack. She couldn’t always remember stuff but that had been too impactful for her to forget.  

“The monument I mean.”  she added as clarification. He seemed like a guy who’d appreciate the sentiment at least.  A shame she’d never gotten the chance to speak with him but life was just like that sometimes.  For every person you grew close with it felt like there were two that you’d never meet.   It made the connections that you did have all the more precious. 

Oh tea sounds fun, I”ll bring the cookies.”  volunteered Hibiki with glee, Those were what were supposed to go with Tea right? She was experiencing a growing interest in all  foods she’d never been able to try as a test subject but she still had a lot to learn.   

“All I have to do is fill in the big hole right?” Hibiki asked just to double check and make absolutely sure. She knew she wasn’t always the best at remembering the fine details so she had to be extra careful not to screw anything up.

[6]

Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper

Character File

Post by Airi Ohara Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:47 pm

Airi nodded to Hibiki's question. Whether or not Hibiki would respond to someone's feelings or whether or not she finds someone worthy of her would be another tale for another time. She gave Hibiki a simple smile and wrapped her arm's around Hibiki in a gentle embrace. "Of course you'll find someone. And if they're bad for you, Big Sis will come over and clobber them into another dimension," she said with a bit of a chuckle. She released Hibiki and returned to her seat. Then came around her objective or filling in the big hole.

"Yup. You'll be compensated for your time. By that time the Chuunin Exams should be coming around. I want you to focus on that after filling in the hole. Sound good? Speaking of which, I'm going to be summoning all of the other Genin in my office in the next couple of days to detail my expectation. It'll be a quick visit so nothing to be in too much of a tizzy about. But until then, I do have a lot of work I need to get done. It was nice seeing you, Hibiki," she said with a big and bright smile before she turned her attention back to the paperwork.

"Can you tell my secretary that I'm not accepting any more visitors for the rest of the day?" she asked. With that, she put on a pair of reading glasses and began working on this paperwork.
    == TOPIC LEFT ==

• Total Gained: 90
    • Event Points: 6

Current Stats
    Spoiler:

Equipment
    Spoiler:

*Con + from Lifestyle

[Tracker] [Update]
    Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:50 am

A warm smile, another gentle embrace.  Hibiki could get used to this.  Maybe that’s what love was, someone to give you hugs on the regular.  She wasn’t sure what Airi meant by someone being “bad” for her but she felt assured that if they were that Airi would quite literally punch them into another dimension like the phantom zone. Dang her big sister was even more amazing then she’d initially thought if she could pull off a stunt like that. 

Well it looked like Hibiki now had a job to do and once that was done Airi wanted her to focus on this chunnin exam thing.  Hibiki wasn’t very fond of taking tests but if it pleased her big sister she’d be more than happy to put her best effort in.  As dense as she could be at times even she could tell that Airi was fairly busy and that she shouldn’t impose too much on her time.  

“Right then, until next time big sis.” replied Hibiki with an empathetic nod.  Hopping up from the chair she had been sitting on she made her way out of the room. She almost left the reception area straight out only to turn back when she remembered that Airi had asked her to pass along a message to the secretary.

“Big si…” She started before realizing that maybe she shouldn’t be calling Airi that to the secretary.  She had been nice but seemed a bit of a stickler about formality.  “I mean Our Lady Hokage says she won’t be taking any more visitors for the day.”  Presumably barring an emergency that is though Hibiki didn’t utter that last bit out loud.  With that done, she was on her way again ready to tackle the mission she had been given. 

[7]

[exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:17 pm