Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Ramen, it's what's for dinner (Flashback)

Nao
    Nao
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Village : N/A

Ramen, it's what's for dinner (Flashback) Empty Ramen, it's what's for dinner (Flashback)

Post by Nao Tue May 07, 2024 1:47 am

Letting Hibiki enter the small ramen shop first, Nao would follow her in and take the seat next to her. They had worked up quite the sweat in their spar, so having the chance to sit and relax was a good way for them to unwind and get to know each other a little better. He was sure why, but Nao felt a connection with Hibiki that he didn't have with others. He wanted to get to know her better, to learn what he could about her beyond just fighting. He didn't need a menu, having come here so often that he had tried everything the shop had to offer. Nonetheless the shopkeeper would set a menu in front of them both, Nao would give Hibiki a moment to look over the list before saying anything. There was a lot to go through, Sapporo Miso, Wakayama, Hakata, Tsukemen, Abura Soba, Asahikawa, Hakodate, Kitakata, Kurume, Okinawa Soba, Kagoshima, Ganja, the list goes on and on. Since she had said she had never had ramen it could be an overwhelming list of choices, after giving her time to look over everything Nao would finally ask. "See anything that you would like to try?" Nao had invited her out so he was more than willing to pay for her food as well, a thought suddenly popping into his head as he wondered if this constitutes as a date.

Stamina: A
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A++
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: B
    Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Ramen, it's what's for dinner (Flashback) Empty Re: Ramen, it's what's for dinner (Flashback)

Post by Hibiki Tue May 07, 2024 3:49 am

Some might see the store as cramped since it couldn’t fit more than just over a handful of people at a time but to Hibiki it felt cozy.     Honestly she preferred it to a place that would be dense with people like a pub.  Those were so loud it was hard to talk properly.  After the fun sparring match they had just had it would be a shame if they couldn’t discuss stuff properly.  

Even though she had lost the match she just felt…. Warm inside to be spending time together with someone so interesting.  Was this what happiness was like? She was only just starting to get in touch with her emotions and usually only felt them faintly.  Most of the time the excitement and exuberance she showed on the outside was exaggerated, this wasn’t a calculated act on her part, more her subconsciously imitating the behavior of others around her to better fit in since otherwise she tended to creep people around her out when she acted more natural. 

For once the high excitement felt genuine. Was it because of the prospect of trying a new type of food or was it because of something else…. It was hard for Hibiki to put her finger on the exact reason why.  For now she was simply content to be spending a little bit more time with Nao.

Her eyes swam as she looked over the menu.  It was written at a level that she could read at easily enough but the sheer amount of options was overwhelming.  She didn’t have a clue what over half these types of flavors even were.  She could eat one new dish a day and it would still take weeks if not months for her to make her way through the extensive list.

“There are so many options! Do you think you could help me out a bit? Like, what's your favorite kind? I don't want to accidentally order something super spicy or weird... I mean, unless you're into that? Uh, never mind! I just need some guidance here, please!"  Hibiki asked with upturned eyes. 

[1]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Ramen, it's what's for dinner (Flashback) Empty Re: Ramen, it's what's for dinner (Flashback)

Post by Nao Wed May 08, 2024 3:13 am

As Nao observed Hibiki's genuine excitement and curiosity, a sense of warmth and fondness blossomed within him. He couldn't help but marvel at her earnestness, finding himself drawn to her endearing authenticity. Hibiki's openness and vulnerability resonated with him on a deeper level, stirring a desire to connect with her beyond the surface. Nao smiled warmly at Hibiki's question, appreciating her honesty and genuine curiosity. Leaning in slightly, he spoke in a reassuring tone, his voice a comforting presence amidst the overwhelming array of options. "Of course, I'd be happy to help you navigate the menu," he replied, his gaze meeting hers with a gentle sincerity. "As for my favorite, I have to say I'm quite partial to the classic Tonkotsu Ramen with chashu. It's a rich and flavorful broth with tender slices of pork belly that just melt in your mouth."

As they sat together in the cozy ramen shop, Nao couldn't shake the feeling of Hibiki's presence filling him with a sense of comfort and ease, as if they had known each other for far longer than they actually had. Seeing the slight hesitation in her expression, Nao offered a reassuring nod. "But if you're not a fan of pork or you're worried about spice, there are plenty of other options to choose from. For something milder, you might enjoy the Sapporo Miso or the Wakayama ramen. They both have a nice balance of flavors without being too overwhelming."

As he spoke, Nao's demeanor remained calm and encouraging, eager to help Hibiki find a dish that suited her tastes. He could sense her genuine excitement and desire to explore new flavors, and he was determined to make sure her first ramen experience was a memorable one. "So, what do you think?" he asked, his smile warm and inviting. "Any of those options sound good to you, or is there something else you're curious to try? You can even build your own bowl if you want, with only the ingredients that you like in them, if that's something you want to do." With each passing moment, Nao found himself more intrigued by Hibiki's complexity and depth. He longed to learn more about her, to unravel the layers of her personality and discover the stories that shaped her into the person she was today.

As he offered his guidance on the menu, Nao couldn't help but feel a surge of affection towards Hibiki. He wanted nothing more than to ensure her comfort and happiness, to be a source of support and encouragement as she embarked on this new culinary adventure. In that moment, surrounded by the tantalizing aroma of simmering broth and the gentle hum of conversation, Nao knew with certainty that his connection with Hibiki was something special.

Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Fri May 10, 2024 12:50 am

Hibiki's heart fluttered at Nao's warmth and consideration. His genuine interest in helping her navigate the menu and his gentle encouragement filled her with a sense of comfort she hadn't expected.

"Thank you, Nao," she replied, her voice soft with gratitude. "Your suggestions all sound delicious, and I really appreciate your help. I think I'll go with the Tonkotsu Ramen with chashu, just like you recommended. It sounds absolutely mouthwatering."   if it was his favorite then she absolutely had to try it first before diving into other flavors.  The more you liked someone the more you wanted to share similar experiences.

She wasn’t sure how to explain why she was a little worried about the spice levels. A little would be fine but after years and years of eating the blandest food imaginable her system was still sensitive to more intense flavors. A diet consisting mostly of ration bars and stale bread could do that to a person.  It was a bit touchy subject, one best left unsaid for now.  She wasn’t ready to talk about her past yet when they had only just barely met each other even if they where becoming fast friends.

Her gaze met his, a small smile playing on her lips as she felt a warmth spreading within her. "And maybe next time, I'll be brave enough to try building my own bowl," she added with a playful glint in her eyes.

As they awaited their orders, Hibiki found herself feeling increasingly grateful for this unexpected moment shared with Nao. In his company, she felt at ease, her worries melting away in the comforting ambiance of the ramen shop. She couldn't help but wonder what other delightful experiences awaited them as they continued to explore the world together.

[2]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Nao Fri May 10, 2024 7:56 am

Nao felt a rush of both relief and joy as he saw Hibiki's genuine appreciation for his suggestions, her soft voice and grateful demeanor only made him feel more connected to her. He couldn't help but smile back at her, his heart swelling with warmth at her words. "It's my pleasure, Hibiki," Nao replied, his voice filled with sincerity. "The Tonkotsu Ramen with chashu is by far one of my favorites, I hope you'll enjoy it too." He added with a small nervous laugh.

He noticed the small smile playing on her lips and felt his heart leap  from excitement in his chest. Being able to share this moment with her, and feeling so comfortable around her. It was more than he expected, but as he looked into her eyes, he couldn't shake the slight hint of worry he sensed behind them. He wanted to ask her about it, to reassure her and make sure she was okay, but at the same time he didn't want to pry too much. He respected her boundaries and understood that she might not be ready to talk to him about everything just yet.

Nao's fingers lightly tapped on the counter as he tried to hide his excitement at the thought of them having more time together, it was the way she had said next time, as if he would be there the next time she had ramen. Though it was also entirely possible that he misinterpreted the situation and that she meant the next time she came to the ramen shop whether he was there or not, so he didn't press it too far. As they waited for their orders to arrive, Nao couldn't help but feel a sense of nervous excitement building up inside him. This was their first "date," even if they had just met and hadn't explicitly called it that. He wanted everything to go smoothly, to make sure Hibiki had a wonderful time and felt comfortable around him. "I would like to know more about you, if that's alright." Nao stated, he wanted to try to figure out this connection he felt with her but at the same time he didn't want to pry to much so he would start small. "I know you're a capable fighter and this will be the first time you've had ramen. What else can you tell me about yourself? Your favorite color or flower, maybe? What do you like to do for fun?"

He would steal glances at her whenever he thought she wasn't looking, admiring the way her eyes sparkled with anticipation and the way her smile lit up the covered ramen stall shop. He couldn't believe how lucky he was to have met her, to have the chance to get to know her. As their bowls of steaming ramen finally arrived, Nao would look to Hibiki. "I hope you are ready for a flavor journey," he stated with a small smile. He hoped she enjoyed it as much as he did, as he would hate for her first impression of ramen to be a bad experience. Using his chopsticks, Nao would grab some from his bowl and blow on it before taking a bite, his eyes subtlety watching Hibiki to see her reaction to her first bite.

Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Sun May 12, 2024 7:25 pm

Hibiki eyed the steaming bowl of tonkotsu ramen placed before her with a mixture of curiosity and anticipation. The rich aroma of pork bone broth and savoury toppings filled the air, making her mouth water in anticipation. With a hesitant smile, she picked up her chopsticks, feeling a surge of excitement at the prospect of trying something new.

"Nao, this looks amazing," she exclaimed, casting a quick glance at her friend who sat across from her, equally eager to dig in and go on this so-called flavor journey.  With a deep breath, Hibiki leaned forward, taking a tentative sip of the broth. The rich, creamy flavor exploded on her palate, sending waves of warmth coursing through her body. She closed her eyes, savoring the complex blend of pork, garlic, and spices that danced across her taste buds.

"It's... incredible," she murmured, her voice filled with awe and delight. "I can't believe I've been missing out on this all this time!"  Encouraged by her initial reaction, Hibiki eagerly dug into the bowl, twirling the noodles around her chopsticks and slurping them up with gusto. Each mouthful was a revelation, a symphony of flavors and textures that left her craving more.

As she savoured her first taste of tonkotsu ramen, Hibiki couldn't help but feel grateful for Nao's adventurous spirit and willingness to introduce her to new culinary experiences. With each bite, she felt her horizons expanding, her appreciation for Japanese cuisine deepening, and her bond with Nao growing stronger.

Hibiki paused mid-slurp, her chopsticks hovering over the bowl of tonkotsu ramen as she considered Nao's question. Swallowing her mouthful of noodles, she set her chopsticks down and smiled warmly at him.

"Well, let's see," she began thoughtfully, tapping her chin in contemplation. "My favourite colour is definitely indigo. There's just something so soothing and mysterious about it, like staring up at the night sky filled with stars." coincidentally it also happened to be a similar shade of colour to Nao's eyes.

Leaning back in her seat, Hibiki continued, "As for flowers, I've always had a soft spot for the lycoris flower," she mused, a soft smile gracing her lips. "So striking in its beauty and yet so hauntingly emerald… no that’s not quite right. Hauntingly ephemeral." she corrected herself. 

Her gaze drifted to the window, where the sun cast a warm glow on the vibrant petals of a nearby flowerbed.  "It blooms boldly in the autumn, a beacon of hope and courage amidst the fading of summer's warmth. To me, it represents the resilience of the human spirit, the ability to find beauty and strength even in the midst of change and uncertainty."

Returning her attention to Nao, Hibiki's smile softened with warmth. A playful gleam sparkled in her eyes as she added, "And for fun? Well, besides training and honing my skills as a fighter, I enjoy spending time outdoors, whether it's hiking through the forest or relaxing by the riverside. Oh, and I'm a sucker for a good picture book. There's nothing quite like losing yourself in a captivating story and getting swept away to another world, even if just for a little while."

She glanced at Nao, her smile growing warmer as she realized how much she was enjoying their conversation. "But enough about me. What about you, Nao? What are your favourite things to do when you're not busy training or embarking on epic ramen adventures?"

[3]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Nao Tue May 14, 2024 5:12 pm

Nao listened intently as Hibiki shared glimpses of her preferences and passions, feeling a sense of connection deepen with each revelation. Her choice of indigo as her favorite color resonated with him, reminding him of the vast expanse of the night sky and the sense of wonder it evoked. And her description of the lycoris flower painted a vivid picture in his mind, capturing the essence of its beauty and symbolism with eloquence. As she spoke about her love for the outdoors and her fondness for picture books, Nao found himself nodding in agreement, appreciating the simplicity and depth of her interests. There was a purity to her enjoyment of life's simple pleasures that he found refreshing.

When Hibiki turned the conversation back to him, Nao couldn't help but smile, grateful for the opportunity to share a bit of himself with her. "Well, let's see. My favorite color is actually red. Like sunburnt red, painted across the horizon at sunset or even sunrise, that bit of light that begins pulling back the curtain of night." It was also close to the color of Hibiki's hair, but Nao wouldn't mention that part. It was just a coincidence that her favorite color and his favorite color mingled in the sky at dusk and dawn, but it also made Nao think that there was more to the connection he was starting to feel with her.

"As far as my favorite flower, I've always been partial to the Lotus flower." Nao continued, moving on to his favorite flower. He felt it was only fair since he had asked Hibiki what her's was, that he also tells her what his was. "There's just something about the way it grows out of the dark depths and blossoms into a beautiful flower floating on the water. It reminds me a little of myself, because of how my clan has treated me I've had a dark past so to speak, but I never gave up and I rose out of the darkness and into what i am now." He explained, though if he had known about Hibiki's past he would have compared it to her rather than himself.

"Now, when I'm not training or indulging in epic ramen adventures," he stated with a wink, his voice warm with enthusiasm. "I enjoy spending time in nature as well. In honesty, it's mostly spent meditating. I spend hours just sitting in the grass and enjoying the sounds of nature, I'm not sure why but it helps me to relax. There's something incredibly calming about being surrounded by trees and fresh air, away from all the noise of the village. Sometimes I just sit beneath the shade of a tree and watch the clouds in the sky, listening to the wind passing through the branches of a tree and the animals of nature, it's almost like music. I also enjoy training out there from time to time, when I get tired of the same routine with the training facility I venture out to refresh."

Nao's gaze drifted to the window, where sunlight filtered through the leaves of nearby trees, casting dappled shadows on the sidewalk below. "Of course, I love trying out new foods and exploring different cuisines whenever I get the chance." He glanced back at Hibiki, a playful look in his eyes. "But I have to admit, nothing quite compares to the thrill of a good sparring match. It really gets the blood pumping," he added with a grin. As their conversation seemed to flow effortlessly, Nao found himself feeling more at ease in Hibiki's presence, grateful for the opportunity to share these moments of connection and camaraderie with her. In her company, he felt a sense of belonging that he hadn't experienced in a long time, as if they were two pieces of a puzzle fitting together.

"I would have to also add this to something I enjoy outside of training, sharing a meal and conversation with a kind soul such as yourself." Nao said looking down briefly at his bowl of ramen, "I don't really have friends that I hang out and talk with like this. It's really nice, so thank you for this. It's nice to have someone to talk to about things other than missions or other jobs." Nao continued looking back at Hibiki with a grateful smile. As they continued to enjoy their meal and each other's company, Nao couldn't shake the feeling that their encounter was just the beginning of something truly special.

Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Wed May 15, 2024 1:42 am

Nao's heartfelt sharing echoed Hibiki's earlier sentiments, deepening the bond between them with each word exchanged. His admiration for her preferences and passions mirrored her own, creating an atmosphere of mutual understanding and connection. As he spoke of his favorite color, red, and the Lotus flower, he revealed not just his preferences but also a glimpse into his inner self, his resilience, and his journey of personal growth.

The way Nao described his affinity for spending time in nature, particularly his meditative moments beneath the canopy of trees, painted a serene picture of his soul finding solace in the natural world. It was a testament to his introspective nature and his appreciation for the simple joys life had to offer. And his love for trying new foods, engaging in sparring matches, and now, sharing a meal and conversation with Hibiki, showcased his adventurous spirit and his desire for meaningful connections beyond the confines of his usual routine.

Hibiki listened attentively, her own smile growing as she felt the warmth and sincerity in Nao's words. The rapport between them felt effortless, as if they had known each other for much longer than just this one encounter. And as Nao expressed his gratitude for their conversation, Hibiki couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude as well, for stumbling upon such a genuine and kindred spirit in him.

"It's my pleasure" she replied softly, her eyes meeting his with a warmth that mirrored his own. "I'm grateful for this moment too. It's not often we find someone we can truly connect with on such a level, someone who understands the beauty in the simple things and appreciates them as much as we do."

Hibiki couldn't help but feel a sense of serendipity in their meeting, as if it were meant to be. As the steam rose from their bowls of ramen, she found herself swept up in the moment, feeling a connection with Nao that transcended the brief time they had spent together.

"You know, Nao," she began, her tone soft but earnest, "I have to admit something to you. You're the first friend I've ever had.” Her admission hung in the air, vulnerable yet genuine, a reflection of the trust she already felt in his presence.

"I know it sounds strange, considering we just met today," she continued, a small, sheepish smile playing on her lips. "But there's something about you, something... special. From the moment we started talking, I felt like I could be myself around you, like I didn't have to hide behind walls or pretend to be someone I'm not." Hibiki paused, taking a moment to gather her thoughts before continuing.

"I've always been... different, I guess," she confessed her gaze meeting Nao's with a mixture of apprehension and hope. Different wasn’t wasn’t the half of it but she didn’t feel comfortable sharing all the dark details of her past with him just quite yet.  "And because of that, I've never really had friends. People never seemed to understand me, or they just didn't want to take the time to try."

"But with you, it's different," she added, her voice growing stronger with each word. "You see me, Nao. You really see me. And for that, I am so incredibly grateful."
    As she spoke, Hibiki felt a weight lifting off her shoulders, a sense of freedom and acceptance washing over her like a gentle wave. And in Nao's kind eyes, she reflected the warmth of a true friend, someone who accepted her for who she was, flaws and all.

[4]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Nao Wed May 15, 2024 7:43 pm

Nao listened intently as Hibiki shared her heartfelt revelation, her words resonating deeply within him. He felt a rush of emotion as she spoke, touched by the vulnerability and honesty in her confession. "Hibiki," he began, his voice soft but filled with sincerity, "I'm honored to be the first friend you've ever had. Meeting you today has been a gift, one that I treasure deeply." Looking to his bowl of ramen, Nao would take a deep breath. "You know, since we are being honest. You are my first friend as well," he stated looking back up into her eyes.

"My mother and I were outcasts of our clan because of me, so growing up I was pretty much alone. The academy was no different, I was either disliked for being different or disliked because I proved I was better than them at something. I got picked on a lot. Even now, I have my comrades that are on my team, but I don't really consider them my friends. Their nice, we get along and everything, but outside of missions or training there's nothing really there between us. In truth, this is likely the longest conversation I've had my entire life." Nao stated as he looked back down to the bowl. "All I'm trying to say is, you're not alone. I'm here for you, through thick and thin, no matter what. I want you to know that you can always be yourself around me, just be you."

"You're unique, Hibiki. You shouldn't let anyone try to change you," he affirmed, looking into Hibiki's eyes, his voice unwavering. "I'm grateful to have met you, and I promise to always see and appreciate the wonderful person you are." Nao added, his face starting to redden slightly from the embarrassment he suddenly felt causing him to look back down at the ramen. He didn't know why he said it, it was as if being around Hibiki was causing him to feel emotions that he didn't feel with anyone else.

Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Wed May 15, 2024 10:35 pm

Hibiki listened, her eyes widening with surprise and her heart swelling with an unfamiliar warmth. Nao’s words touched her deeply, each one resonating with the loneliness she had felt for so long. When he finished speaking, there was a brief silence as she gathered her thoughts, her hands nervously twisting the edge of her sleeve.

“Nao,” she began softly, her voice trembling slightly, “I never imagined that someone like you could feel the same way I do. But hearing your story, knowing that you’ve felt alone too, it makes me feel...not so isolated.”

She looked down at her own bowl of ramen, her mind racing. “You know, I’ve always been scared to open up to people. I thought they would judge me, or worse, reject me. But with you, it feels different. I feel like I can be myself without fear. Thank you for that, Nao. It means more to me than you can imagine.”

Hibiki took a deep breath and continued, her eyes meeting his with a newfound determination. “I promise you, I’ll always be here for you too. I want to be the kind of friend you can rely on, no matter what. We’re both unique, and that’s something we should embrace, not hide.”

Her face softened, a gentle smile spreading across her lips. “Meeting you today has been a gift for me too, one I will cherish. I’m grateful for your honesty and for the bond we’re starting to form. Let’s make a promise, Nao, to always be there for each other and to never let anyone make us feel less than we are.”

As her words hung in the air, Hibiki felt a sense of hope and connection she had never experienced before. She could see Nao’s face reddening slightly, mirroring her own feelings of embarrassment and excitement. She knew in that moment that they had both taken a brave step towards something beautiful and enduring.

[5]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Nao Thu May 16, 2024 9:45 am

Nao's gaze softened as he listened intently to Hibiki, her words resonating with him on a profound level. They were more alike than he had realized, as though she truly understood what he was talking about. A sense of relief washed over him, knowing that he wasn't alone in his struggles. "I can make you that promise, Hibiki." Nao began, his voice steady but tinged with a hint of nervousness, "I... I want to be there for you, to be your pillar of support and assurance. Knowing that someone understands me like you do... it's a comfort I never knew I needed. It's... it's reassuring, in a way."  

He leaned in slightly, he sought comfort in her gaze. His hand trembled as he reached out, his fingers lightly brushing against hers in a brief, yet electric, connection. A blush crept onto his cheeks, betraying his internal turmoil as he pulled his hand back. "I... I'm sorry, I'm probably being too forward," he stammered, his words faltering as he struggled to articulate his feelings. "It's just I... I don't know how to really say this." Nao continued to stammer, quickly looking down at the bowl of ramen out of embarrassment.

He traced the rim of his ramen bowl absentmindedly with his fingertip, the steam rising in swirling tendrils as if mirroring the whirlwind of emotions within him. "I... I know that we just met and all. It's just... For so long, I've built walls around myself, afraid to let anyone see the real me," he confessed, his voice barely above a whisper. "But with you, something is different. It's as if those walls are suddenly starting to crumble, and I can't explain why but I feel as though I can finally breathe and just really be me." After he finished, Nao's gaze lifted to meet Hibiki's once more, a slight glimmer of hope shining in his eyes.

"Thank you for showing me that it's okay to be myself, Hibiki. It... It means more than I can express with words." There would be a slightly awkward silence, Nao wondered if maybe he was too forward with her and this was going to be the last time he saw her because he scared her off or something. Taking a few more bites of his ramen, Nao would raise two fingers up in the air to the shopkeeper. Coming over with two small glasses and sitting one down in front of both of them, the shopkeeper would lean on the counter in front of them. "Would you like some more ramen?"

The glasses held a liquid that looked like water, but was actually sake. Despite the fact that they were underage, Nao had a long conversation with the shopkeeper about how if he was old enough to serve in the village's military then he was old enough to have a drink with his meals. It took many afternoons of convincing, but Nao had finally worn the man down. Grabbing his glass, Nao would down his sake before clearing his throat. Nao would wait for Hibiki to answer the shopkeeper first, he could always eat more but he wasn't going to order more food if she wasn't going to have more. That would just be rude, if she was ready to leave the shop then they would leave. They could always continue their talk on their walk home or something if she was, and if not and she wanted more ramen, then he would get to enjoy her company for a while longer.

Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Fri May 17, 2024 1:08 am

Hibiki's heart warmed as she listened to Nao's sincere and vulnerable words. She could sense his nervousness, but also the depth of his feelings. As he finished speaking, she saw the hope and anxiety in his eyes, and she knew she needed to reassure him.

"You're not being too forward at all, Nao," Hibiki said softly, her voice filled with genuine warmth. She reached out and gently took his hand, giving it a comforting squeeze. "In fact, I really appreciate your honesty and how open you're being with me. It means a lot."

Feeling a burst of boldness, she turned to the shopkeeper and raised her hand. "Two extra bowls of ramen, please!" she called out cheerfully.  She could pack a lot away even on a slow day but she felt extra famished after the amount of energy their workout had taken from her. The shopkeeper nodded and got to work.

Hibiki then noticed the small glass of clear liquid in front of her, identical to the one Nao had just downed. She had never tried sake before, or any alcohol for that matter. But tonight felt special, and she wanted to share in this experience with Nao. With a playful smile, she picked up the glass and held it up to Nao. "Cheers to new beginnings!" she declared, before quickly downing the sake in one gulp thinking it was just plain water. 

Almost immediately, Hibiki felt a warm sensation spread through her body, her cheeks flushing as the alcohol took effect. She giggled, a light and carefree sound that caught even her by surprise. "Wow, that’s... that’s something," she said, blinking rapidly as the world took on a slightly fuzzier edge.

As the extra bowls of ramen arrived, Hibiki's newfound confidence fueled by the sake made her feel even more energetic. She leaned closer to Nao, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "You know, Nao," she began, her words slightly slurred but her tone playful, "'I’m not sure what was in the water you ordered me but this is kinda fun!"

She took another sip from her glass, laughing softly. "Oh! I should tell you a joke! What do you get when you cross a ninja with a ramen chef? A soup-er stealthy dinner!" She burst into laughter at her own joke, the alcohol clearly amplifying her amusement.

Still giggling, she reached out and lightly poked Nao’s arm. "You’re really great, Nao. I’m so glad we met. And you know what? I think we’re going to have so much fun together. We could even have our own team! Team... uh... Team Ramen!" She raised her empty glass in an imaginary toast, her laughter filling the small ramen shop.

[7]

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Nao Fri May 17, 2024 9:58 am

Nao smiled at Hibiki's words, grateful that he didn't scare her off or go too far. As she grabbed his hand, giving it a small squeeze, Nao would feel his heartbeat increasing. It was like electricity flowing through him, it was something that he had never felt before. He didn't know what it was, but he wanted to figure out why he was feeling it. Was it because he had opened up to her and made a real friend? Was it because she was electric? Or was it something to do with the connection he felt with her?

Nao couldn't help but chuckle slightly at Hibiki's, infectious laughter and playful demeanor. Her reaction to the sake was both endearing and amusing, and he found himself feeling more at ease in her presence. He had assumed that everyone had, at a least one point, had sake before. He had seen all the other Shinobi do it, that he just thought that everyone did it. He had built up a tolerance of sorts, he didn't drink it a lot, but enough that one wouldn't cause too much trouble for him. Though he still remembered his first time and the way he had felt, realizing that he would likely need to ensure she got home safely. He didn't want her to hurt herself like he did when he walked home alone and ended up falling down stairs or getting lost.

As she leaned closer and shared her joke, he laughed along with her, genuinely enjoying the lighthearted moment. "Team Ramen, huh? I like the sound of that," he replied, his own laughter blending with hers. "I think you're right, Hibiki, we're going to have a lot of fun together." Taking a moment to appreciate the warmth of their newfound connection, Nao raised his empty glass, mirroring Hibiki's imaginary toast. "To Team Ramen," he declared with a grin, sitting down the empty glass and reaching for the fresh bowl of steaming noodles.

As they enjoyed their meal together, Nao felt a sense of excitement for the future, knowing that he had found a friend who accepted him for who he was. With Hibiki by his side, he felt ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, one bowl of ramen at a time. Looking up from his ramen, Nao would steal a glance at Hibiki. "Hibiki," he said softly, leaning towards her slightly. "What do you call an angry carrot?" Nao would pause, looking around as if he was checking to make sure there wasn't anyone listening despite them being alone with the exception of the shopkeeper. "A steamed veggie," he stated with a small chuckle as he lifted up a piece of carrot from his ramen to emphasize the joke.

The shopkeeper would bring over another glass of sake for the both of them, not paying attention to the way Hibiki was already reacting from the first one. He had likely seen it all, but Nao decided to warn Hibiki this time. "Hibiki, this isn't water," he began his tone full of warning. "This is sake, it's a drink that can make you feel... Well like you are now. You probably should have a glass of water, instead. It takes some getting use to, and if you have too much for the first time it can make you sick or you could pass out." Nao would explain in a caring voice, the last thing he wanted was to make Hibiki think he was trying to take advantage of her after she got drunk. He wouldn't force her to drink the water, it was her choice if she wanted to drink the sake. He called the shopkeeper over to bring a glass of water for Hibiki, just so she would have the option.

Hibiki
    Hibiki
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Post by Hibiki Yesterday at 1:44 am

Hibiki felt a warm flush spread through her cheeks, a combination of the sake and Nao's gentle, reassuring words. As she held his hand, she couldn't help but feel a surge of affection and gratitude for his understanding nature. His laughter at her antics made her heart feel light, and she found herself enjoying this newfound connection more than she had anticipated.

When Nao raised his glass in a toast to "Team Ramen," Hibiki's grin widened. She mirrored his gesture, lifting her own imaginary glass with exaggerated enthusiasm. "To Team Ramen!" she echoed, giggling at their shared silliness. The laughter felt like a release, washing away any lingering awkwardness or doubts.

As Nao leaned in and told his carrot joke, Hibiki burst into another fit of giggles. "A steamed veggie! That's hilarious!" she exclaimed, wiping away a tear of laughter. "You're full of surprises, Nao."

When the shopkeeper bought over another glass of sake, Hibiki eyed it curiously. Nao's explanation about the drink made her realize her earlier mistake. "Oh! So that's why I feel all... floaty," she said, her eyes widening in understanding. "I thought it was just really strong water!" 

She listened intently to Nao's warning, nodding seriously as he spoke. "Got it. Sake is tricky stuff," she said, her tone mock-serious. "I'll stick to water for now. Don't want to end up passed out in my ramen bowl." She laughed at the image, but her appreciation for Nao's concern was clear. "Thanks for looking out for me, Nao."

When the shopkeeper bought a glass of water, Hibiki gratefully took a sip. The cool liquid was refreshing, and she felt a bit more grounded. She leaned back, her head buzzing with the warmth of the evening's events. "You know," she said, her voice thoughtful, "I don't think I've ever had this much fun at a ramen shop. Or anywhere, really."

With a playful glint in her eye, she decided to tease Nao a bit. "But hey, if I do end up needing a 'pillar of support,' I know who to call," she said, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "You promise to catch me if I start to wobble?"

Hibiki took another sip of her water, feeling more relaxed and at ease. The sense of camaraderie and connection with Nao was something she cherished deeply. She realized that in this moment, surrounded by ramen and laughter, she had found something special.

"So," she said, her tone turning conspiratorial once more, "what's the plan for Team Ramen? Are we going to conquer all the ramen shops in the village, or do we have bigger, noodle-filled dreams?" She laughed, the sound light and carefree, happy to be sharing this moment with someone who truly understood her.

[8]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:27 pm