Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Heart's Ideas

Anonymous

Heart's Ideas Empty Heart's Ideas

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:18 pm

I tend to have thoughts, ideas, and suggestions at completely random intervals throughout stays on boards, so I figured I would just make a thread here that I could post in as I come up with new suggestions. That said, off we go into something I was considering while looking around previously.

As a new player, it occurred to me that there isn't really an encouragement to make low-end characters beyond "you have no choice there are no open high or mid-end character slots available". Now, for me personally it doesn't really matter at the moment, Mako would have been an Academy Student, to begin with, if it would have been allowed. However, I know for many others through experience running boards as well as playing on them that sometimes encouraging people with something special later on can entice people to make lower-ranked PC's, and post much more actively knowing there's a final benefit later on.

In this case, my thought was to reward characters based on the class they start out as with rewards for them at the end of their development accessible either automatically, or through an EXP wall to show the last bit of dedication.

A few examples I thought of include:
    • A Stat Rank Cap of 21-25 instead of 20.
    • An extra 1-5 Skill Slots.
    • A discount to wordcounts required to learn X jutsu.
    • 1-2 Unique Abilities that have lowered, or no drawbacks.
    This would be achieved through something such as say, a Genin who starts at the very bottom of the totem pole. Let's go with the stat cap example as a reward. The Genin has a very long road in front of them to reach higher classes, that's fine, the journey is the fun after all. However, it can be a bit daunting, especially to new players. So, instead, there's an addendum. For every class the character goes up, once they reach S-Class, they have their stat cap raised by one.

So, that Genin, in many, many months, finally reaches S-Class. They now have a cap of 25 in Stats instead of 20 (E to S-Class = +5). Similarly, the character that started as a C-Class Chunin, reaches S-Rank and has a cap of 23 in Stats instead of 20. This could also just be changed to be based on political rankings, Genin -> Chunin -> Jounin or something similar.

Obviously the specific values and logistics are in the air, and similarly, there are more options than just that one. I'm still new, still memorizing all the intricacies of the system, so I by no means claim this is a perfect system or idea. But, I think some form of reward could be good to help encourage people to write actively on Genin, and make the lower ranks more attractive. I know there's commonly an issue of people joining a site, and seeing that they can't be X-Rank, and leaving immediately because the idea of being a low-rank and working their way up is unattractive. This could help show that, "yeah we don't have high-end slots right now, but being low-rank isn't so bad because once you reach high-end you're rewarded extra for the long journey." sort of reasoning.

Just an idea, would love to hear constructive criticism and opinions from individuals
    Halcyon Yomi
    Halcyon Yomi

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Suiton | Taijutsu, Ijutsu, Ninjutsu, Armor Crafting, Fuuinjutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo:

Heart's Ideas Empty Re: Heart's Ideas

Post by Halcyon Yomi Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:37 pm

I'd say no...

The 20 stat raises is the same for everyone and should remain the same, changing that would seriously unbalance the game. Starting as a lower ranked character may perhaps need at least some basic incentives, but the ones you're proposing go completely against the very idea of the game.

As staff will concur, the original idea was simply to fill up the non-genin slots in the beginning until the game would finally have itself a decent playerbase that would allow for greater interaction, etc...after those slots would be filled, everyone ofcourse would only be able to start as a genin.

Now let's check the ideas you proposed:

1. raising the number of stats: this would completely unbalance the game. There's a reason why there are only 20 (23 as outmost max possible) stat raises, this is to promote intelligent choices, unique characters that all have their own plans and their own idea on what is best suited for them in stats and their ranks.

2. Seriously, no. Skills/elements follow the same idea as stats: it's all about balance and the consequences of choice. You're basically trying to remove the very thing that currently makes this site so unique...not rly smart.

3. A discount to wordcounts... eh serious? no more to say here.

4. The ability thing is... not going to be accepted at all, because firstly, it would not count for those with a bloodline/clantier character and secondly, as Izumi had stated when I asked for more UA's for non clan people: it both unbalances the game and removes the whole underdog ideology that is part of this game.

Any incentive I can think of that would not be detrimental to the game in a whole, would be to allow for more ryo/ a bigger set starting pack or rather than encouraging the creation of genin...we should DISCOURAGE the creation of higher ranks.

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A+
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: C

Spoiler:
    Kye
    Kye

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Wind | Taijutsu | Kenjutsu | Ninjutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 20,000

Post by Kye Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:03 pm

Halcyon Yomi wrote:I'd say no...

The 20 stat raises is the same for everyone and should remain the same, changing that would seriously unbalance the game. Starting as a lower ranked character may perhaps need at least some basic incentives, but the ones you're proposing go completely against the very idea of the game.

As staff will concur, the original idea was simply to fill up the non-genin slots in the beginning until the game would finally have itself a decent playerbase that would allow for greater interaction, etc...after those slots would be filled, everyone ofcourse would only be able to start as a genin.

Now let's check the ideas you proposed:

1. raising the number of stats: this would completely unbalance the game. There's a reason why there are only 20 (23 as outmost max possible) stat raises, this is to promote intelligent choices, unique characters that all have their own plans and their own idea on what is best suited for them in stats and their ranks.

2. Seriously, no. Skills/elements follow the same idea as stats: it's all about balance and the consequences of choice. You're basically trying to remove the very thing that currently makes this site so unique...not rly smart.

3. A discount to wordcounts... eh serious? no more to say here.

4. The ability thing is... not going to be accepted at all, because firstly, it would not count for those with a bloodline/clantier character and secondly, as Izumi had stated when I asked for more UA's for non clan people: it both unbalances the game and removes the whole underdog ideology that is part of this game.

Any incentive I can think of that would not be detrimental to the game in a whole, would be to allow for more ryo/ a bigger set starting pack or rather than encouraging the creation of genin...we should DISCOURAGE the creation of higher ranks.

Zoe hit it right on the nose.

The incentive to creating a Genin is to have a character which fully develops from a fresh student into a legend. Being able to pave the road from the beginning is the most rewarding prospect when making a Genin. As she mentioned, the non-Genin positions were to give a foundation to a village and to maintain its functionality because a bunch of E-class Genin would be a defenseless military.

If you view the site as a numbers game, then sure, a Jounin has a head start above the Genin. Whether you make a Genin or Jounin does not matter in the end. A Jounin is not more privileged than a Genin. They simply have what the Genin could achieve from registration, and that's due to functionality. But in the end, we do wish and require everyone to start from an E-class Genin.

Heart's Ideas Image-URL-3
    Akame
    Akame

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Post by Akame Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

The only one of these that seems remotely possible would be an (as in singular) unique ability granted at X rank, but I don't really see that as necessary. There's a reason there's caps on what higher ranks can be registered, and that's to ensure everyone starts at the same level after the initial month when the villages got settled.

"Death comes for everyone. I'm just moving you to the front of the line."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:21 am