Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

The Witches Tree [Private]

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 253,660

The Witches Tree [Private] Empty The Witches Tree [Private]

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:21 pm

Satori was following Riku along idly, obviously not too concerned about the direction they were going. He trusted the girl knew where her own house was, after all. Instead, he was watching their surroundings. Feline eyes examining the faces of the individuals that they passed, different buildings that he hadn't noticed before, and similar things that caught his eye. Curiosity mixed with a tinge of wariness, as he generally didn't go this deep into the village, of course, he knew that it was his home like any other-- but that didn't magically make it less nerve-wracking. His senses were more sensitive than most individuals, and even in the area of the day that was slowest, the village was much louder than the outskirts that he was so used too.

Still, as they moved forward Satori had no issue glancing down at the girl and keeping his pace a bit slower in order to ensure that she didn't have too many difficulties when it came to keeping pace with him. His longer legs would make it a pain for her if he moved at the same speed she did.

"Do you think your mom would want to meet them and learn about their medicine and herbs too?" As he inquired this, Satori allowed his gaze to drift upward in thought. He doubted his mothers would mind sharing some of their knowledge when it came to herbs or the forest, similarly trading medical secrets could help them both which was always useful as well. Though he doubted she'd have much interest in his father or the other males, except perhaps as an experimental subject, but he doubted any of them would be willing to volunteer to be researched.

The thought of his father letting anyone put him on a table beside his birth mother was an amusing through, he wouldn't even let the elders heal him generally, Raika had to talk him down. Shaking his head in bemusement, his gaze shifted to the side he spotted a shop on the way and halted for a moment to reach down and gently grasp her shoulder.

"Mm, hold on a moment," he stated idly, before smiling down at her and heading toward the shop in question that appeared to be a tea shop of some sort. If she enjoyed herbs, then he was certain she could appreciate good tea, it seemed like a decent greetings gift for meeting the woman for the first time. Not that it was required, but it was still good manners.

Riku

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Chemistry, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 113,150

The Witches Tree [Private] Empty Re: The Witches Tree [Private]

Post by Riku Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:35 pm

Riku lead Satori through Kirigakure towards her home, walking along the winding roads with unhurried confidence. Her home was actually near the edge of the the Hozuki clam compound. Her childhood home was still in Kaibana, a small portion town, but they had abandoned it to move to the Hozuki isle after Riku's father died. This new house was near the rest of her mother's family and her father's somewhat distant relatives, her new childhood home, Riku supposed. She glanced up at Satori and wondered what he might have thought of her home in Kaibana.

Just then Satori asked her what her mother would think about learning form his mothers. Riku tilted her head to the side in thought. These days, Taji spent a good deal of time seeing patients and working as a personal healer. It earned more than selling larger quantities of the varying herbal products she made, though the woman enjoyed the marketplace.

"I think so," Riku answered slowly.

She couldn't remember the last time she had seen her mother spend time working on her craft without someone counting down the minutes until it was ready buy. There was always another client who wanted something, usually perfumes, beauty and skin products. Sometimes minor healing. But they never made Taji's eyes light up the way a new discovery could.

"I think she'd like that." A soft smile crept across the blue haired girl's face at the idea of her mother making medic friends.

The feel of Satori's hand on her shoulder made Riku pause. She looked up at him, then at the shop. Riku returned Satori's smile, and acquiesced to the interruption in their route. The girl followed her tall friend curiously. What were they doing here?

"Satori-san, if you need tea, my kaa-san makes that, too." Riku offered.

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:37 pm

Satori noticed the smile, and couldn't help but offer a similar reaction. It was nice seeing such an honestly happy smile on the girls face, and as he led forward he made a mental note to ask his mothers to come visit next time as well. As she inquired about their stop, he nodded a bit, "I figured she would," he agreed simply as he entered and would step up to the owner with a tilt of his head. It was an older woman, and he would gather her attention before asking the question quickly.

"Do you sell honey?" he inquired simply, and the response was easy. Trading the ryo for the small, but expensive jar before turning and raising it up so that she could study it properly.

"For the tea and anything she may want to make. Honey is alot harder to gather than herbs." As he explained this, he would step forward and nod again so that she could continue on with him. He figured it was a decent enough present, he could wrap it but he saw no reason, simply offering her the jar would do well enough. From the scent, it was made from spring flowers, some of the sweetest honey that could be made.

She wouldn't need to use much of it, so even the small jar would last quite a while. Content with his present, once they arrived at the door, he would wait patiently for any last comment that Riku may offer. He assumed that she would either greet them at the door, or they would come in and he would be introduced by Riku. He usually preferred the later when bringing others home, but he wasn't too worried about it either way.

As long as he was polite, he doubted there would be an issue, he'd met a few parents before. Though usually, they were wary of him initially due to the symbol on his jacket and the physical characteristics of his body, they usually relaxed quickly enough after a bit of communication.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:38 pm

Satori's explanation earned him another pleased expression from his shorter companion. The present for her mother came as a surprise, Riku thought they would just walk to her house. She had imagined they might offer Satori tea and maybe a bit to eat, if anything, not the tall boy bringing home a gift. Still, it was a thoughtful gesture and Riku knew her mother would appreciate it immensely.

"Thank you, Satori-san," the girl said softly, smiling up at the boy. "It's really nice of you to get something for my kaa-san."

They continued the rest of the way to Riku's home in relative quiet, letting the sounds of late afternoon Kirigakure fill in as background noise.

Riku lived in a townhouse connected with the homes of some of her extended family. It was styled like many other houses in Kirigakure, cylindrical and grey with plants growing on the roof. The girl pushed the door open and called out, "Kaa-san, I'm home! I brought a friend."

"Okaeri!" a high voice chimed accompanied by thudding footsteps. A girl that looked a lot like Riku came into the front room and threw her arms around the blue haired girl. She had dark hair, more black than blue, and shorter, tufts sticking up in varying directions; her face was obscured because it was buried in the older girl's neck. This child wore a dark blue yukata that contrasted with Riku's yellow one.

Riku smiled and hugged her little sister. "Tadaima." Then, she pulled back, "Tsughi, this is my friend, Satori-san, please say hello."

"It's nice to meet you, Satori-san," the younger girl greeted cheerily with a short bow. "I'm Tsughi."

With a fond smile, Riku ruffled her sister's hair causing Tsughi to beam up at her. The older girl ran a thumb over a streak of dirt on the younger one's cheek.

"Were you in the greenhouse?"

"Yeah! Kaa-san is with a patient right now."

Riku's eyes glittered at the prospect of watching an appointment, but then she remembered that she was supposed to introduce Satori first.

"I'll show you the garden on the roof while we wait, then," Riku declared. She grabbed Satori's hand and led him towards the staircase that spiraled along the height of the building.

Tsughi followed them, chattering at her older sister and Satori about how she'd spent her day.

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:43 pm

Satori simply smiled as she thanked him for getting a gift. "It's just good manners. I can't buy anything for myself, but I can get something for others. If I'd thought about it I'd of brought some of my own honey, but this will have to do." As he stated this he would move along with her easily, and the rest of the trip was peaceful until they entered. Satori respectfully stepped out of his sandals, brushing off his feet before crossing the threshold.

Blinking once at the call, he smiled softly. It was much quieter than what he was used to, but it was a familiar call. Saika, Serena, and Hiyori all did the same thing-- including tackling him and clinging to him. He remained quiet, letting them have their moment before he was introduced. As she bowed, he did the same offering a soft smile.

"What excellent manners you have. It's a pleasure to meet you, Tsughi-chan," he stated simply, before straightening. His brow arched as it was clarified that their mother was with a patient, he was intrigued how it differentiated from how his mothers worked, but it was disrespectful to just enter on such a thing uninvited. So, when Riku took his hand and pulled him along toward the staircase speaking of the garden he had no issue at all following along, taking an extra step to place himself beside her as they moved.

Patiently he listened to the little chatterbox talk about her day, smiling and showing complete calm-- clearly used to smaller children. His family was incredibly active in his life, and he dealt with a hundred voices at once often enough around his clans compound. Dealing with a single well-mannered excited girl was nothing in comparison.

As they made their way up the staircase he would ponder what the garden looked like-- judging from the other buildings that decorated the area, it was on the roof with an open top. He wondered if they had a glass roofing like they did for their gardens in order to help ensure they remained protected. It was hard to say, and as he glanced up he blinked at the doorway. Stepping on the roof alongside Riku and her sister, glancing around curiously-- not minding Riku's hand wrapped around his own.

At least, as best as her much smaller hand could manage due to the difference in their sizes.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:44 pm

Satori's casual response to her thanks drew another smile from the short girl walking with him. She didn't argue, though. His kaa-sans probably taught him different manners than the ones her own mother had instilled in her.

Tsughi's easy acceptance of the tall boy shot up to excited approval when Satori complimented her. Tsughi giggled at the praise before launching into the description of the chores she had done while Riku was away.

"I pulled weeds for hours," the younger girl whined as they ascended the stairs. "And then I studied forever. I'm so glad you came home, Onee-san. I'd never be able to finish it all by myself."

Riku merely smiled and gave her younger sister a gentle push forward.

"You could have finished much more quickly if you didn't stop to play in the dirt every five minutes."

"Onee-chan!" Tsughi cried out, her voice mockingly indignant.

Riku laughed and ruffled the shorter girl's hair.

"This is one of our greenhouses," she introduced the area, gesturing to a greenhouse further ahead. "Part of the rooftop garden grows outside of it because these plants do well with all the humidity." Her hand swept towards the potted plants around the edge of the roof.

Small trees, various grasses, and some mosses grew leaving a somewhat narrow path for the kids to walk along as they approached the greenhouse.

Riku opened the greenhouse and all three of them entered. It was dryer than the outside air and a good deal warmer.

"We like to keep our succulents in here. They don't do so well in the humidity outside." Riku shut the door securely behind them. She lead them over to a bushy plant sitting in a pot on a bench pushed against the wall.

"This one is one of my favorites, it's a maiden's quiver tree." Riku stroked one of its green, frond-like leaves fondly. Its fuzzy texture reminded Riku of petting a mouse or squirrel.

The door to the green house opened, drawing their attention.

"Welcome home, Riku-chan. I see you brought a friend." A woman entered, letting the door shut to keep out excess humidity. She was slightly shorter than Satori and had deep blue hair.

"Kaa-san!" Riku greeted her mother cheerily. "This is Satori-san. He goes to the Academy, too."

Taji smiled at the boy standing next to her daughter. "It's nice to meet you, Satori-kun. I'm Taji."

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:46 pm

Satori listened to the little one talk without issue, chuckling softly at the soft complaints-- as well as Riku's gentle teasing. A grin played at his lips at the comment on playing in the dirt, "It's good to keep an active mind at multiple things at once though, that's a good trait to have," as he stated this he would step through the threshold of the exit and out into the garden. As he'd expected, the greenhouse was connected, splitting the roofs garden effectively in half in order to maximize its efficiency, something he could respect.

"It's a good idea," he replied to her comment on succulents, before blinking as she stepped forward and showed off the maidens quiver, a tree he hadn't ever seen labeled, though of course, he'd seen similar plants. Lifting a hand to it testingly, he would gently touch the fuzz with a curious arch of his brow. It was a bit different than he'd assumed and felt off touching a plant with such a thing-- effectively, fur.

"How odd," he pondered softly, before blinking as the door opened-- glancing over his shoulder at the young woman and smiling as she entered the room. Turning he would respectfully bow to the woman, his eyes lowered before straightening back up.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Taji-san." He replied smoothly, before offering her the jar of honey with a slight smile.

"It's not much, but a welcome gift. I'd of brought more from home if I had known, but this was a sporadic visit." As he explained this, he would then tuck his hands back into the pockets of his pants while large feline eyes glanced down at Riku.

"She was kind enough to let me see your garden, it's very well done. There are plants here I'm not familiar with, and that's really rare." A grin spread across his lips before he would incline his head slightly.

"Hopefully I'm not intruding?" He knew all too well that sometimes children didn't know of something at home, and a surprise visitor wasn't always welcome. He wanted to make sure everything was fine before he went and asked about anything or assumed he'd be staying for any length of time. He would expect others to show the same respect in his own home, after all. Not that he had anyone to really bring someone to his home, living alone, but when ti came to the clan compound he certainly expected the same treatment.

It was only fair and respectful to do so, after all.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:46 pm

Taji accepted the honey with a warm expression on her face. "Thank you Satori-kun, I appreciate your thoughtfulness."

Her gaze flickered to her daughters' faces. Tsughi and Riku both appeared comfortable with this boy's presence. Then, she examined the child standing before her quietly. He was respectful and, just as important, he seemed to be someone who had caught her eldest child's interest. Riku had never brought home a friend before. Her first two years at the Academy had been rough, to her bring home a visitor was an unexpected breakthrough for her daughter.

Taji wasn't the most active ninja in the field, her focus being healing and making medicines, but she was aware enough of her political and social surroundings to recognize the boy's piercings and the bone in the sword he carried. He was a Ryuutei. Though the dark haired woman valued making strong allies so her family could join the ranks of prominent clans in Kirigakure, she had put off teaching Riku about building herself up politically and socially. Her daughter struggled enough to get along with her peers without additional pressure. Despite this, Riku had potentially dropped a powerful alliance right into their lap.

Still, he was an academy student, a boy so it would be too early to get ahead of herself. Too soon to rejoice, still, Taji felt proud of her daughter.

"It's no trouble at all, Satori-kun. You're welcome here. I'm glad you're enjoying the greenhouse. I suppose I should have expected Riku to be a good host, but it's still surprising. You're the first guest she's brought home."

Riku flushed lightly and groaned. "Kaa-san, I pay attention in our lessons."

Taji smiled down at her eldest. "Yes, but that doesn't substitute for practice."

The blue haired girl nodded. "Well, now that everyone's met, would you like some tea, Satori-san? We have freshly dried mint, chamomile, rose, cinnamon...." she trailed off. It would only be polite to afford Satori the opportunity to reply before she got carried away listing all of the herbs she'd helped her mother dry.

Tsughi bounced a bit on her toes, ready to announce what kind of tea she wanted.

Taji watched them all patiently, still smiling.

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:47 pm

Happy that his gift appeared to have pleased the woman, Satori would incline his head slightly before straightening again and nodding as he was welcomed. He had assumed such judging by the woman's disposition, but it was always good to make certain of such. Still, as she interacted with her daughter a grin split his lips at the flushed red decorating her cheeks.

"She's fantastic," he stated bluntly, nodding his head once. Not just meaning as a host, but simply in general as he would allow that wolf-like grin to spread over his lips. "Most people are boring, but she's really interesting and smart." Without any shame or hint of embarrassment at this statement, he would contemplate the offered tea flavors, before he would glance down at the eagerly bouncing Tsughi, and a smile formed on his lips.

Falling down to kneel, he would tilt his head much like a feline as he caught the much younger girls attention. "What kind would you recommend, Tsughi-chan?" Satori enjoyed children, in a way it was a requirement as a male Ryuutei since you were expected to have so many. The girl clearly wanted to give her input but was holding back by being polite, he instinctually wanted to reward that behavior with a reaction like this.

Of course, he glanced at Riku briefly with a smile, making it clear he'd like her input as well. Even if he himself didn't want the tea specifically, it would tell him what kind the two themselves preferred, and that was useful knowledge to have for the future. His father had always told him that if you ever asked a woman directly what she wanted, you'd more often than not just get a vague response. However, if you asked them what they'd recommend you, it gave a far more accurate answer.

The same trick could be done with food. Don't ask what they wanted, tell them you were going to surprise them with a meal, and when they ask what-- tell them to guess. The first thing they guess is what you make them. Of course, there was no universal law, but small psychological tricks such as that were how Kiyoshi had stayed sane with so many wives at once. It was important to always keep them in mind, and in return, they would do the same for you.

Not all lessons the Ryuutei taught were of warfare, after all. A culture was far more in-depth than just that.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:47 pm

"That she is," Taji agreed, bemused. A hint of pride was visible in her face in the slight curl at the corners of her mouth.

Riku turned an even deeper shade of red, prompting her mother to laugh. The sound was full and resonant and Taji's eyes crinkled at the edges.

The oldest of the two girls glared weakly, but failed to look threatening.

"Don't be embarrassed this fine young man sees how wonderful you are."

"Yes, Kaa-san," Riku mumbled.

Meanwhile, Tsughi grinned widely, showing off her baby teeth; one of them was missing.

"Since you had a long day at school you should have chrysanth'mum. Or chamomile. You could have both with mint for flavor."

Riku smiled at her little sister encouragingly, confirming that the little girl's reasoning was valid.

Tsughi beamed. "That's what I suggest Satori-san," she reaffirmed confidently.

"I enjoy mint with quite a bit of milk and sugar. That's mostly for the flavor," Riku chimed in when it was clear that Tsughi was done talking for the moment.

"I'm going to boil some water," Taji announced. "Please come down in a few minutes. Tea is best prepared right after the water boils. You can let us know what you decide then." She left the children to their own devices after that.

Tsughi bounded after Taji, chattering happily.

Once they were alone, Riku looked up at Satori. Her blush had faded now, but her cheeks were still stained light pink.

"We can look around a little more if you want. Otherwise we can relax up here and enjoy the view." She tugged at her yukata a bit to try and get some air under the fabric. It was hot inside the greenhouse and her long sleeves did her no favors.

"A lot of these have medicinal uses, but some of them are just pretty or taste good. I spend a lot of time studying what each plant can do and so does Tsughi."

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:48 pm

Without issue, he listened to all the input and would chuckle. "Aren't you intelligent, you know all about it too, hm?" he asked the younger girl with an impressed tone, before he would contemplate a moment, and nod. Smiling softly he confirmed their recommendation without an issue, "That sounds good to me. Though I'd prefer not having milk or sugar, just a bit of honey please." He stated politely, inclining his head to Taji, before he would watch as the young girl dashed off after their mother with an amused expression.

Straightening slowly he would glance down at Riku at the slight pink and tilted his head slightly, noting the way she tugged at the yukata.

"How about you change first? You're hot, right? I doubt you usually stay in that all day. You don't have to keep wearing it just because I'm here, I can wait up here while you change." A slight smile formed on his lips before he glanced around the greenhouse for a moment.

"They're all gorgeous. I recognize some of them, but others are different. You'll have to answer my questions while we wait," chuckling softly, the boy would glance down at the shorter girl once more.

"Though you do look really pretty in it," commenting on the Yukata with a grin, before he would lift the blade from his back, unbinding the belt holding it in place and setting it against the wall before he would shrug out of his own jacket. Whether they lingered in the greenhouse or went out to the roof, either way it would be too hot in the direct sunlight to wear it. Left with nothing but simple cargo shorts and a sleeveless shirt showing the countless scar's decorating his body, Satori stretched a bit and turned back to face the blue-haired girl.

It would be up to her if she wanted to change or not, but he had no issue with it, especially if it meant she was going to be more comfortable. Sipping hot tea in the sunlight was nice, but not when you were wearing multiple layers of cloth.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:42 am

Riku thought over the prospect into changing something more comfortable. Despite Satori's complement on the kimono and her mumbled thanks in response, she decided it was best to be more comfortable.

"I think changing will be a good idea. I'll be back to answer your questions in a little bit." The blue haired girl smiled at Satori gratefully before slipping out of the greenhouse and retreating into her house for a change of clothes.

Riku sighed in relief when she stepped out of the greenhouse. It was still humid and sticky, but not quite as hot outside the confines of glass walls designed to trap heat. She wiped dampness from her forehead with the back of her hand and continued on. It wouldn't do to dawdle when she had a guest waiting on her.

As she made her way down the stairs, Riku passed her little sister.

"Where's Satori-san?" the seven year old asked.

"He's still in the greenhouse. He said he didn't mind waiting while I change my clothes."

"Okay. I'll tell him to come down then, tea is almost ready."

"Thank you, Tsu-chan."

Tsughi wrinkled her nose at the pet name. "Nee-chan, I'm big now!" the shorter girl whined.

"You'll always be my baby sister," Riku told her, giving the younger girl a kiss on the forehead before continuing down the stairs. She ignored the raspberry Tsughi blew in her direction.

The younger Mizushima sister bounded up the spiraling staircase and onto the roof. "Satori-san!" she called, "Tea's ready! Come on, you can sit downstairs with us. It's too hot in there." She was tugging Satori along by the hand within seconds of speaking, guiding him away from the greenhouse and towards the stairs.

When they reached the first floor, the scent of freshly brewed tea and herbal smoke greeted them, cloying at their senses.

"Mmm." Tsughi inhaled deeply. "That's my favorite smell." She guided Satori to a low table with cushions. The kotatsu below wasn't lit because it was too warm for it so late in the day, but it was still a bit warm beneath the covers.

An iron teapot sat in the middle of the table on a tile to keep it from damaging the surface. Cups sat nearby, within reach of anyone sitting at the table.

The rice paper in the shoji enclosing the room were decorated with faint leaf and grass patterns, but the room was plain otherwise. Light filtered in through the shoji, casting weak daylight over everything.

Shortly after, Riku entered and slid the shoji shut behind her. Her yellow kimono had been replaced with a lighter, cream colored yukata.

"Make yourself comfortable, Satori-san. Please," the taller girl invited.

Last edited by Dysney on Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:26 pm

Satori was content exploring the plants around him while he waited, but of course, it seemed that the little one wished to drag him back already. Chuckling softly as the girl appeared and snatched up his hand to drag him along, he simply smiled and allowed it-- even gently offering her his other hand and lifting her every few steps to give her the sensation of flying that he often had done for his little cousins and sisters as they had been growing up. It didn't take long to arrive in the living room, and once they had Satori sniffed the air curiously-- the tea smelled good.

The girl's comment on it being her favorite smell was noted, tea was a common drink in his household but it wasn't usually a favorite smell. They likely took it for granted, since it was such a common thing for them and they did it themselves anyway. He contemplated this for a brief moment, before the simple, but elegant shoji opened to reveal Riku in a much more comfortable looking outfit. A slight smile formed on his lips as he replied to her.

"You like traditional clothing, huh?" He pondered, tilting his head slightly before he would not at her comment to go ahead and relax. With this, Satori settled easily enough into a cross-legged position. "If you need my help for anything just say," he clarified simply though he knew the response he would likely get. They seemed like good hosts, and he knew what he'd say if a guest ever made a request like that. Shifting in his position, he would glance toward Tsughi curiously as the smaller girl would shift under the warm table.

Satori made no motion to join, seeming to be more than comfortable enough in the slightly cool temperature, his clan's hardiness coming to play. Minor temperatures changes didn't matter to him, much like a feline that he so greatly resembled.

"Do you drink tea a lot, or is it something special?" he pondered curiously, wondering if it was simply a difference in perspective, or if the tea was a unique drink for the household. Still, as he asked this his eyes trailed toward the light cream colored Yukata that Riku had changed into and had to tilt his head a bit at the contrast with her brilliant blue hair. It was surprisingly nice. It made him decide that he liked her in lighter colored clothing to be sure, the contrast with her hair and blending with her skin was a pleasant shift. Warm colors matched her eyes well too.

A grin formed on the young boy's lips, they were opposites in that respect it seemed. He usually wore darker clothing, though he wasn't entirely sure it that contrasted with his hair or anything, he'd never really worried about things like that for himself. Or in general, really. How strange she'd made him think about it.

That made him release a low hum of thought as he glanced up at the ceiling briefly in contemplation while he waited for the tea and responses.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:16 pm

"It's comfortable," Riku replied with a casual shrug when Satori commented on her outfit. She didn't mention that her mother could hardly to afford to buy her a wide variety of clothing, even with them living with her family.

"No need, relax. The tea is almost ready. Besides, you're our guest."

Tsughi nodded vigorously, her hair flopping up and down with the motion. "Yeah! Guests don't get put to work on their first visit."

"We have tea most mornings, so it's an every day thing, I suppose." Riku approached the table as her mother entered from the kitchen.

"You're already here. Good," Taji noted. She took a seat across from Satori and folded her legs to the side. The woman set a small pitcher of milk and the jar of honey Satori had bought on the table. Then she smoothed the skirt of her deep grey kimono and settled her hands in her lap.

Riku set a cup in front of each person's place at the table. Then, the blue haired girl used a towel to pick up the iron teapot --it was quite warm, even through the fabric-- and fill everyone's cups two thirds of the way full except Taji. Taji's cup was filled three quarters of the way. Riku added honey to Tsughi's tea and stirred it in carefully to ensure it dissolved fully. Then, she approached Satori.

"Tell me when."

She added honey until Satori told her to stop and stirred it in. Riku smiled softly at him before setting the honey down to add milk to Tsughi's tea.

Once everyone elses' drinks were prepared, Riku sat and began to prepare her own tea with honey and lots of milk.

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:57 pm

Satori tilted his head a bit at her comment, eyes examining her carefully. She was surprisingly casual, though, it could also be because it just meant that little, but it was almost as if she was simply dismissing it so that they could move on. Did she not like her clothing?

Curiously, he glanced around the home. Paying a keener eye to the state of things now, specifically the maintenance of the house. It was well cared for, the materials were clearly constantly cleaned and maintained, there were signs of active repair when required. It was admirable, and it also spoke that they couldn't afford to properly just buy an entire new section of whatever broke, they had to maintain it carefully and repair it as best they could.

In the Ryuutei's case, they did something similar, but once something broke it was removed and a new one was made to replace the old. The old parts were then refurbished into something new with the broken parts removed and scrapped to be turned into whatever was most fitting elsewhere on the compound. He contemplated this, he didn't wish to trample on their pride and offer to make them a new home or anything like that-- but perhaps he had a few other options.

Making a mental note for the future, Satori would listen curiously to the explanations, tea was a common occurrence, so it must simply be a difference in perspective. To the Ryuutei it was just another drink, he was sure some of them enjoyed it more than others, however, it seemed to just be a difference in personal preference-- not a cultural differential. It was worth keeping in mind that they seemed to enjoy it so much, perhaps small gifts based around such were a good idea in that case.

As Taji entered, he glanced up and smiled lightly. Inclining his head to the woman as the honey and milk was placed down, before watching Riku begin to pour the tea. Noting that Taji, like him, preferred only honey he would smile lightly-- he supposed his tastes were a bit more adult than they should be, like his birth-mother said. As Riku began to pour his own cup, he waited patiently until the tea was about five sixths of the way full, before raising a hand with a smile to let the girl know.

As far as honey, he only accepted a small droplet of it, just enough to slightly sweeten it and no more as he instead inclined his head in thanks before waiting for Taji to take her first sip. Once she had, he would take his own glass and casually sip it, noting the milk and honey being added to the younger girls own and ensuring it was placed firmly in his memory for their preferences.

"Thank you, it's delicious," Satori stated, simple and polite with a smile, and it was. They certainly took more care with their tea, not as though they disrespected the leaves by any means, but they certainly weren't nearly as picky. Perhaps this was one of the reasons they enjoyed it so much more. He would have to remember to use the water while it was hot and ensure the leaves didn't steep for too long next time.

Glancing up, he tilted his head slightly as he looked toward Taji. "Ah, do you mind if I bring Riku home with me tomorrow after class? She was interested in learning some of the techniques that my mothers use. My birth mother, Raika, doesn't mind when I bring others over, and she can always stay in my personal house if you'd be more comfortable with that then the main clan compound." He knew many had an issue and fear of the Ryuutei Clan's compound, from the uncertain rumors of their "Battlefield Feasts", to their general appearance and teachings.

It was better to ask now, and implant the idea even if Taji would be against it. Shifting slightly in his seat, he had no thought about how odd it was for a ten year old to be stating that he owned his own home, to him it was normal. Though a bit rare, there had been others that had passed their adulthood trial around his age in the past.

He saved his request to learn a bit from her for later. It was better to offer knowledge and help first before requesting any, that was a lesson his birthmother had taught him many years ago.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:08 am

Riku sipped at her tea and let the warm liquid settle over her tongue, enjoying the fresh flavor of the mint and the way it mixed with the sugar, all smoothed over with milk. Milk wasn't a common household food, but Taji liked to spoil Riku and Tsughi with a bit every now and then. When Riku gradutated, milk could be in the house more often. The young ninja to be was already planning her first shopping trips. She would be able to help buy groceries and supplies for her mother's medicines. The thought of being able to ease some of Taji's stress and spoil Tsughi made Riku smile. She continued to drink her tea, mind a few months ahead.

Tsughi tried to savor her tea, but the flavor was too enticing to make it last too long. She drank it as quickly as possible without slurping or burning her tongue. The youngest child didn't notice the bemusement on her mother's face.

Taji for her part, offered Satori another welcoming smile when he had acknowledged her entrance to the dining room. The tall boy's request to bring Riku to his home earned him a truly pleased look. A bit of surprise was visible when the child mentioned having a personal house. Though she was generally aware of the Ryuutei clan, Taji didn't know all of their customs.

"I think it would be wonderful if Riku visited, though do you mean for her to spend the night?" A straight, thin brow furrowed. Riku had never spent the night away from home without her except for a few visits with cousins who lived next door. Despite wanting to let Riku explore the world and grow, letting the girl out of her sight still made Taji nervous. She was a mother, after all, and Riku was still (and always would be to some extent) her baby.

"Can I come?" Tsughi asked, bouncing in her seat.

"Maybe another time after I've met Satori-kun's mothers," Taji told her, trying to force her heart to slow down. One baby out of her reach at a time was enough. Riku at the very least was learning how to defend herself and was old enough to go out unsupervised. Tsughi wasn't quite as mature. Besides, being able to see the place where her daughters might end up spending a significant amount of time was a soothing thought.

Taji tried not to think about the fact that she would have to stop hovering over Riku soon.

"Don't worry kaa-san, Satori-san is nice!" Tsughi replied.

"Next time, Tsu-chan," Riku assured, reaching over to smooth her sister's hair. She sent Satori a quick questioning look to see if he minded her inviting someone else to his home. If he didn't want Tsughi to come over, Riku was sure she could distract the seven year old with something else.

Taji gave Riku a somewhat relieved look. Even if she couldn't always keep her oldest daughter under her wing, she could count on Riku to protect Tsughi with her life.

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:13 am

Satori didn't seem perturbed in the slightest by the idea of Riku spending the night, but he simply shrugged in response to Taji's question.

"That's up to you two. I certainly don't mind, I made a guest room when I built it for that reason, so it's an option. But if you or Riku aren't certain about it, that's fine too." He understood that other families tended to be protective of their young, and the Ryuutei were as well--he just didn't really count as such anymore. When Taji commented on meeting his mothers, Satori smiled softly.

"I'm sure they'd be happy to meet you. They're always eager to trade information on herbs and medical jutsu, so I'm sure they'd be happy to talk for a while. My birth-mother is always busy, but my other three would probably be happy to come here if I asked." Shifting slightly in his seat, he would glance down at the little one and offer a slight smile.

"Once your mother is comfortable with it, I don't mind, Tsughi-chan." He promised with a nod, making it clear that he supported the idea that she should wait the first time. Though he was certain Serena and Saika would be overjoyed to play with the girl, he never had time to anymore and he was certain that they were driving Hiyori and his father insane with their hunger for attention. Someone closer to their age would likely be much better suited for dealing with their energy levels.

Lifting his gaze up to Taji the boy's smile would waver a moment as his expression was serious, and the boy calmly bowed his head to the woman.

"I'll make certain she stays safe. Ryuutei lay down their lives for those under their protection without hesitation--guests and friends qualify well beyond that." His tone was firm, and calm. Surprisingly, or perhaps at this point, unsurprisingly mature as he made the oath to the woman before slowly straightening and allowing the polite smile to return to his lips.

"Besides, there's no one to learn self-defense from more than a Ryuutei." Shifting a bit in his position he would take another sip of his tea, clearly happy with the series of events--taking Riku home would be an enjoyable thing. He hadn't had a friend over before her, and he was fairly certain she'd enjoy the interactions and knowledge shared by his clan, though he may keep her away from the more "grisly" (as Akita-sensei called it) areas of the clan's culture for now.

Better safe than sorry, just to be certain after all. With this thought, Satori would spend the next few hours happily conversing with Riku and her family, playing with Tsughi, learning from Taji and Riku in their garden, and just having a generally relaxed time. Next time would be in his own home, but for now, there was nothing wrong with enjoying the time with another family. It was a rare treat for a Ryuutei, as they usually spent so much time together in the clan instead. It was a nice feeling, he had to admit.

When it began to get dark and it was finally time for him to leave, Satori lifted his gaze toward the honey briefly, making a mental note to remember bringing Taji a few things, before offering a polite wave and a smile as he began heading toward the edge of the village. A simple word of seeing the young girl tomorrow in class, and he was off. The next trip was sure to be quite a bit different--and likely much less calm.

Ryuutei weren't exactly known for being quiet, calm, and mature after all. Satori was simply the exception to that rule.

// Thread Exit

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:16 am

Satori's reassurances worked to further soothe Taji's nerves beyond the mental talk she had been giving herself and her daughters' reassurances. Her smile loosened, showing her trust in the tall boy's promise of protection. Satori spoke so earnestly and the Ryuutei clan was known for its straightforward and honest, if not brutal ways. If this boy said they would protect Riku with their lives, then nothing could harm her short of something even Taji herself couldn't prevent. A day visit would be a welcome step towards Riku making allies outside of her own kin and, from a more tenderly maternal perspective, her baby was finally getting along with other kids in the Academy. Few parents, even the most protective, wanted their children to be isolated from their peers. Taji was among those which wished for their children to make friends who would support them and form strong bonds with them.

Tsughi cheered at Satori's invitation-to-be. "Are there any kids my age?" the youngest child asked eagerly, scooting closer to the Ryuutei boy. She seemed to bask in every bit of attention she received, especially if it was from Satori.

Riku finished her tea at a much more sedate pace, like her mother. She smiled cheerily at everyone, especially once they went back to the garden. Tending to the plants was more fun when she got to talk to someone about their properties and show off what she knew --with input from Tsughi of course. Though not as needy and puppy-like as her younger sister, Riku clearly enjoyed Satori's company and attentions.

Taji talked less than her daughters, but added details whenever the descriptions her daughters gave of the plants or their care was lacking (which wasn't often) until it was nearly time for another patient to visit. The woman excused herself, telling Satori that as long as Riku was home by sundown she could visit.

Tsughi pouted when it was time for Satori to leave, but promises that she would see him again and likely visit his home calmed her.

Riku was reluctant to see her new friend leave, but resisted the urge to cling to him. She was sure to give Satori a hug before he left, though. After her friend was gone, Riku sighed and went back into the house to do some homework.

[Thread Exit]

Items:

Stats/Effects:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:04 am