Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Demon Hunter

Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Demon Hunter Empty Demon Hunter

Post by Niko Kanuchi Sat May 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Niko's Outfit:

Niko was dressed in casual attire, hoping to find her quarry for the day; the last member of her team, Andariel Bloodworth. Some people were put off by the fact that she was a Yokai, but such trivial things were simply not worth worrying about; Niko was going to be her instructor, and as such, it was a good idea to get a face to face introduction. She had read in her file that she was a Sensor as well, which was great news for the team. Mako and Orianna already had been working together here and there, and getting the last part of the puzzle into the mix would help them start developing as a team. Perhaps even a higher ranked mission... but they would need to train as a team first. If all went well, the tall red-head had a plan to do just that.

But firstly, she was almost certain that Andariel wasn't even tracking that she was a part of the team, or who Niko was entirely. So today would be dedicated to learning who the woman was, what her skillset was, how she would best work into the team, and setting up a time and date for their first team-building training exercise. As a fellow user of Sensory, it wasn't nearly as difficult for her to track people down as most people, her eyes and ears scanning the mob of people that crowded the streets of the Takamaki Plaza. Going by the information she had read, the woman was a 6' 2" horned woman with wings coming out of her lower back... finding her should have been easy but the throngs of people made the process slow going. With a pair of Senbon in her hair, she was glad that she was taller than most people here, standing at six foot even, so they didn't accidentally get poked by the metal instruments.

Finally the redhead spotted her in a shop for soaps and other bath related things. Niko herself didn't really care to buy super fancy stuff; the bare essentials for getting clean, and that was it. Approaching her from the rear, she quickly suppressed her own Chakra, making it to where it would be nigh impossible, even as a sensor, to pick up that she approached. There wasn't much call for it, but Niko wanted to ensure that she understood what she was capable of right off the get-go. Now directly behind the woman, she put on a pleasant, warm smile and announced her presence. "Andariel Bloodworth?" she asked politely, as though there could be anyone else who matched that description.

[1]

Andariel Bloodworth

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bukijutsu | Chemistry | Genjutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 0

Demon Hunter Empty Re: Demon Hunter

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Tue May 28, 2019 6:56 am

Among all places to find a demon one would find a bath works store to be the least likely location. Many view demons as an abomination. They always have given their sinister nature. It was true that as a succubus she was drawn towards the life forces of man. However given her upbringing being around humans she had the same sympathies and morals as a human. This at least kept her in check for the most part. She was by no means ashamed of her heritage, neither.

From her feet Andariel wears a standard pair of black leather combat boots which extend up just below her knees. These are paired with a set of steel plated shin guards which protect the top part of her feet and up to just below the sleeve of her boots. The shin guards are buckled by several straps around the back side. Paired with her setup is a pair of simple black pants offering minimal protection except from the elements. On her top she dons a metallic gray arming coat which protects her torso and arms. The entire affair is shrouded by a short sleeve mail hauberk which had its sleeves ending just at her elbows. The rest of the hauberk extended down to her knees acting like a skirt. She wears a double leather sash around her waist to help distribute the weight of the hauberk, increase mobility, and stow weaponry.

On the far right of her uppermost belt she carries her arming sword. It was a standard arming sword with a leather-wrapped grip, steel pommel, crossguard, and double-edged blade tapering to a point. This was stored in a standard black leather scabbard. On the same belt to her left side is a small steel buckler hooked to her belt by an attachment. Further behind the shield setup are five kunai fitted into slots on her belt being held securely in place. To her right side located before her sword on the second belt she carried a simple one-handed steel mace. Around her back side and secured with a leather strap is a brown leather satchel. Across her torso she wears a leather baldric which supports a two-handed ax worn on her back and a dagger on the front closer to her abdomen. The ax has a sturdy, oak shaft accompanied by a large crescent head. Her lower arms are protected by a set of black leather gloves which cover her hands entirely up to her elbows. Much like her boots these are supported by a pair of steel arm guards protecting the forearm and back hands.

Andariel herself is a tall, voluptuous woman standing 6'2 and weighing 160 lbs. Her skin is a pure white tone free from any blemishes, sun marks, or body hair. The only sign of hair on her body is from her head. Silky, jet black hair cascades down her back ending just at her tailbone. Her eyes are a golden amber and standard in appearance. Protruding through her hair Andariel has a pair of white horns which extend outwards but curve just slightly inwards towards the end allowing them to serve as functional tools in combat if necessary.

She stood before the section for body wash with a shopping basket in her arm partially filled with goods she did not intend on buying originally. Despite shopping in perhaps one of the safest places she's been in her entire life she was always conscious of her surroundings. People moving around her, the door opening as the bell rang with the draft of air that followed. It was all registered in the girl's mind, but she almost immediately discounted it. The stimuli she registered was useless information when she learned they were of no harm to her. Kimono Rose... She'd raise the bottle up to her nostrils and open the lid taking a slight whiff, pulsating the bottle's body to help uplift the fragrance. It was soft and milky, sharing the fragrances of rose with a hint of subtle vanilla. It made her smile. Closing the lid she'd drop it in her basket.

Although her stalker suppressed her chakra she did not practice guile. Her footsteps, as subtle as they were to her weight, caused her to pick up the sound of approach. Andariel coined it as another patron wishing to buy soaps. She already felt a little guilty hogging the body wash aisle spending well over ten minutes making her selection. Topping it off she wasn't the most approachable specimen either. She'd side step allowing room for the newcomer to view the product while greeting her with a pleasant beam on her face. Before she could open her mouth she was interrupted by the woman speaking, mentioning her name. Her visage shifted to express curiosity in the direct approach to her. "Yes...And you are?" Andariel spoke minding her manner utilizing her tone of voice to come off as innocent. She held her basket arm close to her body displaying a closed posture, though her perceived innocence was far from that. The side of her hand passively rested on her dagger's crossguard allowing her to wield it in a pinch if needed. This woman had red hair and green eyes coupled with a fair skin tone which were racial traits not far off from homeland. Had her pursuers actually gone through the effort of tracking her down? No...I'm not that important to them. But what does she need from me?

Speed: C
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: B
    Perception: B
    Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Tue May 28, 2019 8:05 am

Interesting... very interesting. She hadn't startled the woman at all... meaning she probably had been detected. This woman was obviously not a typical Genin, but that suited Niko just fine. Having someone who could hold their own would be an excellent addition to a team that had two... less than typical Genin, but more in the sense of their personality than their power. She idly wondered what kind of personality this woman would bring to the table... but that was what this was all about. Getting to know the final person on her team, offering her services to boost her combat power as much as she could, and scheduling their first training session as a squad. It would be interesting, to say the least, to see how all this played out.

Niko's gaze noticed the 'idle' movement to the weaponry she had... there was absolutely no way she could have missed it. Her eyes scanned her once over, nothing more than a quick glance, but considering how perceptive she seemed to be, she probably would notice that her eyes lingered in certain places on her body more than others. For some people, this might have been something of a result of the woman's voluptious stature and height, but for Niko, it was completely different; her gaze had quickly identified and assessed the woman's weaponry in an instant. She felt like she could probably craft better, even at her current level, but things needed to progress one step at a time.

She confirmed her name, and Niko gave her a wide, warm smile. "I'm Niko Kanuchi. I've been assigned as your Jounin, and I came to introduce myself and set up our first team event, but I would like to take some time to get to know you and figure out how you will work into the dynamic." There was some worry in the Yokai's eyes, but it was impossible to know what it related to, so she wouldn't press. She needed to get to know the woman before she could start worrying over her, and to anyone on the outside, it might look like she was talking with a peer. They stood almost eye to eye, it was hard to believe the taller woman was actually two years her junior in age... but it was more or less that Niko didn't seem to be emitting any sort of commanding presence; on purpose mind you, but all the same...

It was time to progress to the next step. "So, mind if I tag along? I don't want to take from your time off. Once we get started as a team, it's bound to get pretty busy." They would be going on missions, possibly leaving the village once she felt they were all strong enough, and the life of a Shinobi was usually packed full of training and other mediums of either recover or preparation, so taking any more time than that would be awfully rude. Besides, it wasn't like they couldn't do two things at once, so long as the taller woman didn't outright ignore her to continue shopping or expect Niko to pay (being a blacksmith was an expensive lifestyle, and she wasn't exactly generating a ton of income at the moment) they were fine. "So... tell me a bit about yourself..." she started, hoping that the conversation could flow naturally while she continued to shop, taking note of the scents in the woman's basket and thinking that would be good information whenever her birthday came around.

[2]

Andariel Bloodworth

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Thu May 30, 2019 7:02 pm

The redhead introduced herself as a Jounin of Kumogakure which was a huge relief. Clearly she was not one of her former enemies as they would have no in depth knowledge of the villages or military ranks. Andariel has been a Genin for a little over two years in Kumogakure and has been fairly self-sufficient on her own. With training personally and developing her natural strength she grown to be one of the top Genin in the village, if not already Chuunin level. The thought of an elite mentor begged the question if she would really be much help and if she could help her improve in the areas she specialized in. Andariel's arm lowered gradually making it more obvious her hand was resting on her dagger as she held her shopping basket at her waist-level. "Pleased to meet you, Niko." The Yokai added provided a small curtsy to the best of her ability. She was a bit unsure what to make of the situation. To be approach randomly during her shopping to be delivered said news instead of getting an official letter. It seemed unprofessional and all things considered, Niko was still a stranger. But she was not going to let that cloud her judgement. If this was some sort of scam she would be able to eventually see through to it and if needed, fight her way out.

She started with the most basic of all conversation starters. The conversation could go anything at this point depending how she responded. Seeing as this was some sort of evaluation she deducted Niko wanted some insight about her skills. Andariel led Niko to the perfume department while entertaining her with details about herself. "Let's see...If it was not clear by now I am a close quarters fighter. I practice a variety with a variety of weaponry but I primarily use what I have on me now. Almost a decade ago my father taught me the basic of self-defense. Ever since then I've been practicing on my own and become fairly adept at it." She'd grab a small bottle from the shelf and uncap it bringing it to her nose and taking a small whiff of its contents. "I achieve the milestones I set for myself. Without a doubt I am the best close quarters combatant, not meaning to boast, of course!" Andariel said coyly developing a slight blush. She was not the bragging type but what she said was true and she was more than willing to prove herself.

"But of course that leaves me vulnurable to mid and long range attacks. Currently that has not been an issue, but I don't intend to ignore it for long." Andariel set the sample bottle back in its place before taking an unopened box from the shelf and placing it in her shopping basket among her other frivolous, cosmetic goods.

Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Fri May 31, 2019 5:01 pm

It was a good thing that Niko wasn’t the type to get hung up on suffixes that were generally a form of respect for someone who was obviously placed in a position of authority, or her lack of use of them might have actually vexed the redhead. Luckily though, as relaxed as Niko was when she wasn’t working especially, it wasn’t seen the same, but instead kind of relaxing; she had enough of the honorifics from Orianna to cover for all three of them. It was interesting, though, for Niko to see her making more of a show of toying with her weapons as though she was at the ready, almost like a silent challenge. It certainly could do without such a thing; she had seen the reports, and knew this woman was clearly strong, but perhaps a bit too confident. She wondered if Andariel could handle working as a team, since she had been alone for so long, as that was an important skill especially if they were going to be handling tougher missions in the future.

Niko nodded as the woman explained her combat abilities, thinking how that would fit with the other two; Orianna and Andariel were both close range, although if she were a guessing woman Andariel looked like she was more of a heavy fighter while Orianna was quick and agile. Mako was support and utility, which complimented them well… but even then, dealing with long range, outside of what Niko herself could do, was not something that any of them had an answer for. That was fine though, as it meant she knew where the training would need to be focused if they were going to be a good all-around unit. Best close quarters combatant huh? Interesting. Niko felt confident she would be able to prove the woman had meant to say ‘of the Genin’ but kept her mouth closed on it for the moment. This was, after all, an evaluation. It was good that she too recognized that long range combat was a bit of a weakness and had intentions on fixing it, but she didn’t say ‘how’ she planned to fix it, so time would tell.

But it was time to make her realize the reason that Niko was truly here.

“Useful information… but I would like to hear what your goals are, short and long term. It will be important when I come up with our training schedule to try to fit the teams aspirations along with the missions. Then there are the Chuunin exams to consider.” That last bit was sure to get her attention, as that was an evaluation on far more than your physical prowess, and it was going to be an important factor for Kumo to represent their village at the games. There were still very scarce details, but it was definitely something that was going to be coming up sooner than later. Considering they had to be registered as a three man team, it was also extremely important for her to start working on her teamwork now if she wanted to stand a chance of making it to the finals.

[3]

Andariel Bloodworth

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:02 am

Andariel was hit with a basic question that caused much more confusion than she had anticipated. It was one of those questions she never really thought about. Goal...Do I even serve a purpose? The fact is, her role as a Shinobi was merely driven by money. When she broke away from the port town she called "home" for the few years of survival she had there she was taken in by Kumogakure patrols and given orphanage stay because she enlisted. She was an Alu-demon. Naturally born as a powerful entity there was no doubt she had an upper hand in combat. "Long term...I don't have a long term goal. I guess you can say my long term goal is to live up to my prime. I have no desire to rule or fight for honor. I enjoy a fierce duel, though in the end I'm just a simple mercenary." The government housing Kumogakure provided was a true treasure trove. The cottage was small but had everything she needed to live comfortably. Likewise, she had enough money to buy a plentiful stock of groceries and dined occasionally. She lived a satisfying life as a Genin which spoke volumes about her previous living conditions.

"As for my short term goal I wish to invest in better equipment. The steel is wear now has proven faithful, but it's a long way for what a legend would wear, or even a champion. As I strive to improve my own physical performance I hope to save enough money for my order and find a competent smith in my time." Andariel had finished her essential shopping making her way over to the check-out line. It was a short wait, but a wait nonetheless. Two people stood in line in front of her with the same amount of product in their baskets, more or less. "And what might be your goal for organizing this team of yours?" She pitched hoping to get feedback from the Jounin. Was she expecting pay or doing it just because it was her job? Or did she actually expect to convert them into diehard loyalist to the military?

Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:09 pm

The confusion that come from Andariel was interesting in and of itself. To not have solid goals for your future was both a relief and a concern, as it meant that she was more able to be guided the way that would benefit her the most, but also that she herself didn’t know where that path was. It was fairly common in people who didn’t have a solid structure growing up, which was the truth in Andariel’s case as far as her file went. Being ‘adopted’ into the village, she had only really needed to fend for herself, and a Genin doing the most basic missions was more than capable of doing just that comfortably. She had gotten complacent only because she didn’t have direction and guidance to spur her forward.

Live up to her prime. That was something she could work with… she wasn’t reaching for any lofty heights… that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing; a lot of people could set unrealistic expectations, but to have no drive at all wasn’t great. The information regarding her short term goal was almost a match made in heaven; but she would wait a moment before speaking just yet, giving her the respect of finishing completely as she walked with her as she finished her shopping. The question posed to her was a good one, and she couldn’t help but nod at the intelligence of the query as it directly impacted her immediate future.

“Well,” the redhead started, “any of the really important missions require a full team. I recognize you are comfortable where you are, but to reach your prime you are going to have to push yourself to get stronger, and that’s where I come in. I want to build a team that can accomplish anything set before us.” She gave her a gentle smile now, switching gears. “As far as your equipment, that is something I can help with directly. I can already craft weapons that are of better quality and material than anything that you can get from a shop in the market, and I won’t try to break the bank on my prices especially if you are on my team. If you buy the materials you want I’ll give an even steeper discount. I’m still working on getting my Armor Smithing and Engineering up to snuff, but weapons at least I am extremely confident in. I even do enchanting and Fuuinjutsu engraving. I’ve been working towards getting my Uncle’s forge back from the debt collectors that took it when I was a Genin still trying to make ends meet, but I can still do individual and custom orders.”

Enough with advertising though. “That said, I leave it up to you on if you want to join the team, work with me and have a chance to become a better version of yourself, or continue on your current path. Regardless, I’d like to invite you to a dinner I’m cooking up at my place to hear your final answer. It’s in three hours. Here’s the address.” She would put the slip of paper into the basket she was holding; she didn’t know if the woman was someone who didn’t like being touched or anything, and while she was more of a hugger herself, she couldn’t assume that Andariel was as well.

(((We can time-lapse after your post and I’ll set the scene if you’d like)))

Andariel Bloodworth

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:33 am

Andariel paid attention to Niko as the first person in line finished and they were second allowing her to unload her basket on the conveyor belt while the Jounin spoke. She briefly mentioned the importance of having a team to push oneself to greater limits. This was a philosophy she wanted to challenge at another time when appropriate. I must contest...wouldn't team members hold you back? She debated in her mind trying to figure out where Niko was coming from. But of course Niko did have her supplementary purposes as well, Andariel's short-term goal being closer than she thought. The Jounin was an experienced craftsman on top of an elite Shinobi. It was a handy skill to have for economic and practical reasons. Crafting took too much patience for Andariel to progress in. She was a tool and armor user, not creator. But of course she had to deal with the drawback of earning enough money to suppl the tools. Niko was nice enough to offer her "sensei discount" when considering her crafts.

"A dinner invite? Well I cannot simply deny that..." She said with a shy giggle taking the address from Niko's hand directly before she could dump it in her nearly empty basket. Three hours gave her some time to freshen up, which was her original goal when considering she just got done training. A dinner that she didn't have to cook to top off her night would make today a "win" in her book. "I look forward to seeing you again, Niko." Andariel stashed the address in her satchel before stepping forward being the next in line at the register.

Three hours later....

Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:12 pm

Niko gave her a smile and a nod before she left; she had a lot to prepare in the next three hours.

--

Niko's home, coincidentally, was in the market.  It was the home she had inherited from her Uncle, and while she was supposed to have also inherited the forge and shop that was attached to it, the amount of debt she still owed meant that they were keeping the building ownership paperwork until she paid the debt in full.  They still let her use the forge part, thankfully, but not the shop.  That was something they were going to be hanging over her head for a hot minute until she came up with the raw Ryo to get everything back all at once.  It was a daunting goal, but once she perfected her art and got her name out there as the one-stop-shop for everything from crafting the weapons from raw materials, enchanting and Fuuinjutsu attachments all the way to lessons in how to use the weapons she just created for you, Niko would be able to do it all.

The home was a simple one on the ground level on the back end of the shop.  Wasn't overly fancy but well maintained, and had a few rooms, modest but decent living.  That perfect middle ground that showed she wasn't in poverty but she wasn't that well off either, everything with function over form.  Between the house and the shop that was closed off was the forge, connected by a single thick door, but it was closed for now; normally Niko could always be found within, working on one thing or another... but not today.  Today, she was working on ensuring that her home was tidy and clean, the floor swept and dishes done.

The few things that were a little above standard was the kitchen, where it was a bit larger with ample cabinets and countertops, plenty of room for making a feast, and the large table that dominated what should have been the living room, with several simple wooden chairs sitting around.  Even at a glance, it was obvious she was used to feeding more than just herself.  Mako lived here and had his own room, Oriana was around more often than not, but they were both absent tonight.  One was out gathering herbs and stuff for a new experiment, while the other actually had her own apartment, respectively.  Niko herself had changed into a pair of tan shorts and a fancy-ish black top because it was a bit warm while she was cooking, only vaguely aware that it did wonders for showing of her curvature; she wasn't worried about that with Andariel, as they were both women, so comfort was key.

On the large table was the food she had prepared; a massive bowl of rice dominated the center of the table, surrounded by a few dishes.  Mixed vegetables in one bowl, fried pork in another, some beef in a brown sauce on another plate, a large bowl of egg drop soup and a large plate of dumplings seemed a bit much for two people, but considering the number of people who would be dropping in and out in the next couple of days, she had no doubts that it would not go to waste.  Leftovers rarely ever lasted long in this house.

The two places set were one at the head of the table, and one to that spot's right, and sitting next to that spot was a pair of Senbon.  One was the traditional type you could get from the market, while the other was made of steel, a tougher substance, but had all the same quality, making it superior because of the greater material used.  She had set them out because she knew one of the things they could discuss is what Andariel would want her to create; her skill was getting better with her weapons every day, and it wouldn't be too horribly long before she wound up making things that ran circles around the current market.  She still needed to work on her tinkering and armor, but that was fine for the moment.  She needed funds first, and weapons was were the money was at.

She was moving towards the door before any knock might have sounded, her ears particularly sharp as it was close to when it was time to meet, and she could hear Andariel approach. Opening the door, she gave the woman a smile as she opened the door wider for her to step inside. "Welcome."

Andariel Bloodworth

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:05 am

When Andariel got the invite for dinner she dwell'd on the idea more and more as the time passed becoming a bit nervous and excited as well. This would be the first she was invited to anything, and another person's house nonetheless. Given her background and reputation as a demon she had little experience with these sort of events. Andariel stood in her own house in her bedroom fresh out of a long bath. She was already dry and standing bare naked before her wardrobe. It was unlike most, Andariel having no need for casual outfits. Instead she possessed an assortment of lingerie and exotic clothing that were far from professional, but could possibly pass as casual clothing by mixing and matching a few sets. Her closet on the other hand had her assortment of boots, gambeson, socks, and other parts of her usual dress including her suit of armor. She felt it would be inappropriate to wear such armament to a dinner invite and frankly after a long day of training and shopping she was not in the mood to don her mantel.

After a bit of swapping she finally produced something that could be passed as casual clothing. She wore a pair of black low-heel shoes coupled by a set of transparent mesh stockings. These had black leather laces which attached to the main top piece. She wore a leather girdle at the waist which supported an elegant loin cloth extending down to her knees. Finally, a piece of neck jewelry being a leather choker worn around her neck. She was moderately impressed by her improvised outfit. Fortunately she had just enough time to made it to Niko's house. She saw no harm in showing up ten or so minutes earlier. Hooking her sword and buckler onto her girdle and strapping her dagger onto her left thigh using a belt she was ready to leave the house. Grabbing the bottle of perfume she bought earlier she'd spray herself with a couple bursts making her all the more presentable.

She was a bit surprised to find Niko's house located in the market district. Typically that was the case for small business owners making a home and a place to sell good out of the same building. As a Jounin, Andariel expected Niko to have the money to own a large house and a store within the same budget. But she was not one to judge. After all, coming from an impoverished background a simple apartment was leagues above living in the wilderness. There was no constant threat of predators or pursuers. She could eat and be guaranteed a meal in a few hours. There was no doubt Andariel was content with her meager living. Kumogakure's economical success was to be considered.

Andariel held the slip of paper Niko handed her just before splitting reading the address and double checking before reaching her hand up to give a few knocks on the door. But just as she rose her hand she heard a set of light footsteps making its way towards the door. The timing was precise. Either that or Niko was throwing out the trash before she made an appearance. Fortunately, the former prevailed. Andariel was greeted by the same redheaded Jounin as before in a much different attire. Her choice of casual dress and interesting and shared a relatively similar theme: light, dark, and skimpy. Of course Andariel's was far more erotic, however deep down she knew Niko would not be bothered. By the brief interaction they shared she got the vibe that she was a no-nonsense kind of woman. One who was less driven about entertaining the quirks of oddities of her company. Although Andariel's dress choice was not in effort to impress or make a point to the Jounin, but merely an improvised measure to put something casual and appealing together.

"Greetings, Niko." The demon stepped inside the house and into the foyer where she slipped off both of her shoes and setting them aside. "A warm and pleasant atmosphere." She'd take a deep inhale through her nostrils picking up the cooked food. She smelled meat above all other things giving her the conclusion Niko was one of those carnivore eaters. "I am eager to try your cooking. Shall we proceed?" Andariel made an effort to mind her manner treating the encounter much like a formal affair. But currently her main objective was to get something to eat.

Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 am

Niko couldn’t say that she wasn’t completely surprised when she opened the door; she was certain the woman had been about to knock, but had stopped, probably detecting her approach of the door. Considering she was doing nothing to hide her presence that made sense, she had known the woman was a bit sharper when it came to detecting others than most typical Genin. The other reason for her surprise was the choice of attire; if she hadn’t known better, she would say that this was some sort of date, considering the dress choice, but that wasn’t for her to assume that she was trying to hit on her. The likeliness of that was slim to none. “I love your dress…” she commented with a smile as she allowed the taller woman into her home, letting her have a moment to take in the place while she closed the door.

The formalness of the speech was something she hoped would relax considering the atmosphere, but perhaps this was simply the way she was raised to talk, so Niko made no comment on the matter. At the mention of the woman being eager to eat, Niko waved towards the large table, the demoness’ designated seat with the senbon examples next to it, and the assorted foods. “Please, by all means! I’m famished as well, and we can talk shop while we dine.” She would then follow the woman and take her seat at the head of the table, waiting a moment for her to gather what she wanted from the platters and begin to eat. Once she had a confirmation that the food was to her liking, she would begin to do the same herself.

Niko wasn’t really one to brag about her food and cooking skills, but it was something that she was extremely proficient at, as a combination of living alone from a young age and taking care of others shortly thereafter, food was something that could ease even the angsty Mako and skittish Oriana, the former having lived with her since she was 14. She would make the food in an effort to feed the soul, sooth tensions and relax the body, all while keeping in mind healthy balance. Yes, she was a little heavy on the meats, but that was because of the nigh constant training that Ninja had to undergo to stay ready for combat at any given time. The protein would help their muscles recover from the vigorous exercise and do wonders for replenishing their Chakra.

She would allow nothing more than simple dining for a time, unless Andariel piped up with a question first, before speaking herself. “So, out of curiosity, have you given any thought about how you plan to integrate into the team? I have some teambuilding exercises planned, but you could always meet them yourself beforehand if you’d like. I could give you their descriptions and where they are likely to be. Mako is sort of hit or miss though, as he might be getting replaced.” But that wasn’t the only reason they were going to be talking, and since it was started, she wanted to bring up the other bit too. Mako had expressed that he wasn’t ready for a team and might not be ready in time for the team building exercises, but that was still on the fence.

“And that is an example of my weapons there,” she started, looking towards the silver senbon sitting to the side of where Andariel was eating with a nod. It was just as good as the senbon sitting next to it, which was made of iron, but was far more durable. “I’m getting better at it every day, so if you want to come up with some ideas and can muster the materials, my prices will be very reasonable.” She had already spoke of the discount she would give because she was a member of the team, and saw no reason to beat the horse to death.

[6]

Andariel Bloodworth

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 am

Andariel followed Niko to the dining room a bit curious to see what she prepared. Although Andariel has lived in Kishin for a few years now she had not fully mastered the cuisine. Partly due to her close-minded tenancies when it comes to food. She stuck to what she knew best. Roasted meats, stews, savory breads, soups, and the like were staple to her diet. She was a competent cook and fixed her own meals to great result at that. But she was by no means an expert. Andariel was still very much dependent of recipes to create something successful. But Japanese food has grown on her given how closely related it is to what she was used to. The ingredients weren't too exotic and remarkably similar to what she grew up with. Rice was a common carbohydrate, and the parts of the animal or fish eaten were similar. They didn't upset her stomach which allowed her to try more dishes.

Entering the dining area Andariel caught eye of the table set up. The sight was relieving causing her to grin widely. The breaded pork cutlet was something she had experience with. Vegetables and rice were pretty straightforward. The beef looked safe, assuming it wasn't swimming in cooked beef blood or anything. But even then, Andariel would most likely not mind as long as it was prepared right. The soup also looked promising. The last item on the menu she was a bit hesitant about was the dumplings, as they could contain a variety of filling. But Andariel was willing to give Niko the benefit of the doubt and assumed they had the traditional, classic filling of minced meat and leafy greens.

Her thoughts never made it to her face as she kept a grateful visage as she settled down in her chair. She would admire the table spread and her own utensils. She'd grab the serving spoon and portion herself some rice of her plate before spooning the saucy beef mixture over the rice. It helped conserve room on her plate while giving the plain white rice some life. She'd serve herself a quite moderate portion of everything, even filling her bowl up with some of the soup. It all smelled good and looked just as tasty. Andariel was the first to begin eating as her hand reach down to the pair of senbon. She noticed the quality difference, one feeling a bit more brittle than the other. But she chalked it up to the set of chopsticks being mixed up with a newer pair. Andariel was most curious about the dumplings. Picking up one dumpling by the pair of senbon she'd bite it in half.

Niko would talk in the meantime giving her mind something to focus on while she chewed on her food. She spoke on integrating into the team which left her a bit puzzled as to what she meant by that. Was she talking about her appearance? Her skill set? Personality? She kept her cheerful demeanor as she explored the other aspects of her plate giving her words some thought in the meantime. Though of course she had to pause when Niko mentioned the example of her weaponry, pointing to the senbon she had in her hands. "I see..." She said, dragging the pair of senbon from her mouth using her lips as a squeegee to return them back to their pristine condition. She examined them closely to give a greater review on them. Certainly one was of better quality than the other. But needles weren't exactly her weapon of choice. "Well I have considered joining the team, though I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'integrate', if you would elaborate more on what you mean." Setting the weapons down where she first grabbed them she would reach for the real pair of chopsticks and begin distracting herself with food again capitalizing off the time it took for Niko to respond.

Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:05 pm

If she were to guess by the grin that Andariel put into place at the sight of the food on the table, she had managed to do something right.  She had to outright suppress a laugh to just be in her mind as the woman started using the Senbon as chopsticks where there were some present on the table, but she corrected herself after Niko gave the brief explanation.  She didn't seem to have much in the interest on discussing the subject of her smithing though, as it didn't come up again, so Niko let that drop for the moment.  To over-talk about something like that would be detrimental more than beneficial, as it could easily be seen as off putting and pressuring her into something.  That was the last thing she wanted... so she switched gears to explain the question regarding integrating into the team.

"Well, simply put, you were selected as a candidate for the team because the village believes that you are capable of great things when on a squad... and I am trying to ensure that my team will be able to participate in the Chuunin exams that are coming up in less than a month.  But for that to happen, the team itself has to be completely solid, as at least some of the tests require a full team of three.  You have an insane amount of potential... I don't need to have my Sensory active to see that.  Becoming a Chuunin is the first major step into reaching for that potential... but you have to have a team.  In order to work well with a team, you have to understand the people in it... and it's my job to train all three members to work together and excel."

It was a lot of information for her to process, so she paused there, waiting for it all to sink in and come up with anything else that needed to be brought up or concerns she might have.  She decided to get some food herself, getting a generous portion of each and while she certainly was savoring it, Andariel would soon see that she was more than capable of putting away a lot of food despite her figure; she burned a lot of calories to work as hard as she did, and enjoyed a good meal.  Waiting for Andariel to respond in her own time.

[7]

Andariel Bloodworth

Character File

Post by Andariel Bloodworth Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:31 am

Andariel listened to what Niko had to say about the team dynamic. Andariel was unaware of her peers not knowing a single Genin in her class. Teamwork was something she had to understand and happened to be the vital aspect of becoming Chuunin. Andariel knew the Chuunin were the journeymen of their rank. They were experienced enough to respond to troubles presented before them, and together were capable of defeating great foe like Niko had stated previously. Andariel was used to be the workhorse of all of her problems given her independent nature. She did every necessary housework duties such as gardening, cleaning, cooking, decorating, shopping, and still managed to run missions and train in her spare time. She never really wasted time. It was something she had done so long for basic survival. She had stopping eating, staring into the yellow broth within her soup bowl at her own reflection benefiting herself by stepping into a slight trance.

Andariel was not nervous when meeting strangers as much as she was cautious. She developed quite a bit of street smarts in her years and developed the callous notion that everybody had their own personal agenda and fulfilling that always came first. People were self-motivated for their own survival. Joining a team only made you dependent on your teammate's potential for survival. And at any moment it is convenient for your teammate they could potentially abandon your squad. While Andariel saw this as a potential threat to her existence she had a simple remedy. Don't let myself rely on anyone.

She'd grab her bowl of soup with both hands and finish it in a steady downpour. The heat didn't bother her. In fact, she rather preferred it. The half demon let out a reinvigorating sigh before setting her bowl down and smiling innocently at Niko. "Count me in, if you will. I'd like to meet these new allies of my soon. Especially now that you mention some examination process for Chuunin-level candidates. I have not had a real opportunity to put all of my training to a test and would like to see how I fare against others considered in my class." Andariel's hand suggested towards the pair of senbon again before correcting herself back to the set of dining chopsticks to resume her chow. Though it was that mistake that got her thinking again about the woman's crafting. Although she was in no position to be critical, but Niko likewise showed potential in her own crafting.

A knight was only as good as their gear. The best fighters knew they were never the best. There will always be someone or something bigger and meaner than you are. That's why protection and body training was the most vital. In the chance she must take a hit she could rely on her endurance and most importantly her gear to push through the pain and continue fighting. "So these needles are considered weapons? I found it odd one would put their life in the hands of these. They look like they lack the stoutness to be forced through armor, and being thrown they'd lack a lot of weight to be substantial penetration. Though, seeing as they are so common to be purchased in the market I feel somebody has it out for them. My current focus at the moment is to invest in better armor, if you could help me with that. I wear minimalist combat gear to get me throughout my day. If I am privileged to participate in these exams I'd imagine I would face up against difficult foe."

Niko Kanuchi
    Niko Kanuchi

Post by Niko Kanuchi Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:15 am

Niko continued to eat with gusto, a content look on her face as she finally started to reach an upper capacity for what made her feel full and finishing it off with drinking down a large bowl of the soup, letting it wash through her with the warmth it contained and the taste she had perfected.  She never really stopped and slowed down, always having far too many things to get done to ever really consider taking a break, something that came from raising yourself from a young age.  While neither of them communicated it, and therefore it wasn't known to either woman present, the pair had far more in common than either of them realized.

Niko nodded as she basically counted herself 'in' to the team with a smile, thankful that at least this part of things was going according to plan... the problem with her declining was that she would have to request an entirely new Genin to try and recruit and there wasn't much time before the Chuunin exams would begin.  The chances of her being able to find another, train them, integrate them into the team, and be confident in their skills was nil to none.  If this didn't work out, she would be waiting another six months or a year before submitting another team in order to make sure they had what they would need to pass and win.

"I can coordinate for a meeting, but in the interest of time, I think it will happen when I bring all of you together for your first team exercise.  The Chuunin exams are in another village, so I have to make sure you all are not only ready for the trip, but can function well together.  The test changes constantly, but it is normal for there to be a team building test or two in the beginning.  As you will be performing missions as a team, they want to make sure that as a Chuunin you can function in that team and accomplish your goals without losing anyone along the way.  If one of you fails the early tests, chances are you all will."  She took a breath, hoping that she was getting her point across; she would not hesitate to hold them back if she felt like they weren't ready, and it was all or nothing when it came to who was involved.  Individuals, from what she understood, couldn't even participate.

"As far as equipment, I can make anything from a mace to a shield to a full suit of armor... I just need to know what you want, and you have to get the materials from the market.  I'll charge you a minimal amount for the best quality goods I can come up with, but with what is planned, I'll be able to upgrade it later.  I will ensure you and your squad-mates would be outfitted with the best gear I can possibly come up with for the exams."  She couldn't give any hard prices without knowing more specifically what she wanted, and sure, armor was something she could go after easily enough, but there was a lot of steps involved with that.

"Whenever we finish with the food, I'll have to get a series of measurements to make sure to not hinder your movement with whatever gear I make."  After all, she also had a unique body-type too, and if she wanted to make it right, she was going to have to custom design the armor from scratch depending on what it was that she was wanting... and Niko was a bit of a perfectionist when it came down to making weapons, armor or just about anything.

[8]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:36 pm