Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Insurgent [Flashback/Menza]

Tatsuya
    Tatsuya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu. Fuuinjutsu, Sensory, Doton, Katon, Lava,
    Class: S
    Ryo: 100,000

Insurgent [Flashback/Menza] Empty Insurgent [Flashback/Menza]

Post by Tatsuya Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:37 am

It has been some time now since the battle of the Kyuubi has settled. Dawn has risen above the horizon now as Rin was conducting a very thorough search in Konoha to find Yui. If she was in the city, then he would find her. First he checked the hospital and every hospital rooms for extra measure. Secondly he checked with all establishments since some of them have a tendency to have a backroom usually kept for poker or the like. Things usually kept private including dealing/taking drugs. Unfortunately Rin came up empty on that.

Rin's right elbow and the arm in general throbbed in pain still from the time Kurama smacked him. He was quite exhausted from the fight, and frankly the only thing keeping him awake is the adrenaline coursing through his veins. Rin finally decided to pay Yui's home visit, albeit it would be the last place Rin expected to find her considering the condition she was in before Menza took her to safety. However he was determined to know where she was. Frankly Rin doesn't trust this Mozzarella too well. Not to mention the guy is at least tied to the Society.

It was a wonderful morning with a gentle cool breeze rolling over Rin's body and through the streets. The sky was gradually getting brighter with not a single speck of cloud to be seen. Rin approached the home of the Kotoshura, and knocked on the door being the polite individual here. In a sense he carries a heavy weight of responsibility that Yui was taken, but it was either that or Yui was dead. Still this didn't feel any easier to bring the news that their clan leader has gone missing. He already bears the guilt of one clan leader's death, and frankly he doesn't want to cause another. Especially Yui if he can help it.

Renown: 0
    Stats:

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: B

Limit Break Points:

• Physical: 0
    • Technique: 0
    • Destiny: 0

Link to Character Updates: Updated Sheet
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t5187-tatsuya-tatsuda?nid=648#40721
    Link to Known Techniques:
    Menza the Cursed One
    Menza the Cursed One

Insurgent [Flashback/Menza] Empty Re: Insurgent [Flashback/Menza]

Post by Menza the Cursed One Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Menza had arrived a few hours ago with the sole intention of collecting some of Yui's clothes and perhaps a few more souvenirs. The Kotoshura Clan Leader was in his care but he wasn't the type to go shopping for someone else nor was he inclined to sew her a new outfit. Besides, she was likely to have some valuable DNA and tools lying around her house and so Menza saw no harm in helping himself to the place's contents. He had even put on some tea to sip while he rummaged. Eventually, he heard a knock on the door and smiled. He guessed that it was either Rin or another close friend looking to check up on Yui. Naturally, he hoped for Rin as if it was someone else he might need to disappear them. He couldn't have people going around telling tales of a strange man with frightening eyes and long hair!

If it was Rin then it would also save him a second trip. He was meaning to speak to the boy about his repayment. If the spunky shinobi had survived his encounter with Nine-Tailed Fox then it meant that he was now its jinchurikki. This would only make him more suitable for the tasks that Menza needed him to complete. Menza had given him a fairly low chance of survival, but there was a chance the kid could have pulled through. Ever expecting the worst, he braced himself for disappointment when he opened the door.

"Rin!" Menza said, his spirits elated.

The scholastic terrorist gave a bright and warm smile. He was in far better spirits than when Rin last saw him. He was in possession of one Yui Kotoshura and the person most able to bring him what he wanted had just arrive at his doorstep. Menza would give Rin a chance to collect himself. He trusted that the boy had enough sense not to attack Menza right then and there.

He held the door open and motioned for him to come inside.

"Please....come in....come in.....we have much to discuss."

Once Rin was inside, he'd shut the door and head to the kitchen.

"Would you like anything? Tea? Coffee? I think Yui has some juice as well if that's what you'd like."
    Tatsuya
    Tatsuya

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:16 pm

If one was going to be honest, Rin expected either Yui's grandfather or even Taichi to answer the door. Even behind this closed door Rin can hear the faint taps on wood approaching the door from the other side. The Kyuubi remains in a hostile state within its new host. Still Rin is able to keep the negative emotions from slipping through the seal. With a mechanical click from the knob, the door opens to reveal a familiar face albeit in a better mood.

Naturally even in Rin's exhausted state his instincts causes his left hand to grab the handle of his ebony knife while his right hand poised in a half cup like he's holding onto something. Even Kurama's rage spiked at the sight of Menza as the beast bellowed despite Menza probably unable to hear it. Mentally Rin spoke to Kurama as his form relaxed and his hand left from his knife.

Calm. I have business with this one. The Nine Tails snarled before bashing strongly against the wall of vines, but to no avail.

I don't care what you want runt! All I want is that mortal to pay! Venom dropped with every booming word that escaped from Kurama's muzzle. Hatred was all that came from this beast, and while Rin can understand since he was just sealed or imprisoned as Kurama calls it. Still in this mindscape of his, Rin looks over his shoulder at the wall of vines with a seal glowing softly in a pale blue light at the center where all things meet. Beyond this wall is the Kyuubi himself staring with eyes of fury that seems to paint the night sky in a red haze. Rin could feel the fear Kurama was imposing onto him, but in Rin's eyes reflected his condolences to the Bijuu. This infuriates the beast even further as he slams against wall once again. Tremors rumbled underneath Rin's feet as the rustling sounds of trees can be heard from above.

Why are you looking at me like that?! Do I look like I need your sympathy?! This time Rin had turned towards Kurama and stared directly into the beast's massive eyes.

No, but I do wish to understand you some more in the future when you calm down. Until then please be quiet and listen with me. Nine Tails just snarled before bashing against the wall with his tails one more time. Then very loudly lays down and huffs.

Rin was a bit hesitant upon entering the house with this Menza. He can't put his finger on it, but something about this man is setting Rin on edge. In other words he wagers that he would have be careful on what he says. He steps into Yui's house though, and with a nod of his head agreeing that they have topics to discuss about. Menza offered refreshments, and as much as Rin feels thirsty the young man declines.

"No thank you. However on the topic, is Yui safe?" Rin asked as he never really leave Menza from his sight. Always having a watchful eye on Menza, and frankly this man is giving off a much different vibe than Honiko. At least with Honiko and her disciples Rin knows how to interact with them and wrestle information from them. This guy however was on another level. In that regard Rin respects this man for not only opening the opportunity to capture the Bijuu, but rather how imposing this man was. For a moment he can feel Kurama stir, but isn't saying anything and appears to be listening to this conversation as well.

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t5187-tatsuya-tatsuda?nid=648#40721
    Menza the Cursed One
    Menza the Cursed One

Post by Menza the Cursed One Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:16 am

Rin wisely accepted his invitation and entered the home. He gave an adverse reaction at first but Menza could read him like a book. He was smart enough to know that violence would get him nowhere. Better to comply and discuss so as to gain more information. He wasn't nearly as smart as Menza but he was certainly smarter than Yui. Menza could feel the boy's eyes on him, watching him for any signs of hostility or trickery. He grinned to himself as Rin refused any refreshments.

He's on guard....Good.

Menza took his time pouring his own cup of tea. He re-entered the living room and sat on the ledge of the couch facing his one-time ally. Rin wanted to know if Yui was safe and Menza took his time answering. He stirred his tea a bit with a small spoon before setting it aside and taking a long obnoxious sip from the cup. He licked his lips and sighed. He enjoyed a bit of suspense.

"Yes. She is safe....for now at least. And she'll remain that way as long as you listen carefully and do as you are instructed"

Another sip.

"I trust you were successful in sealing the Nine-Tailed Fox? Tell your beast that I said 'Hello'. It was nothing personal and while I'm sure he doesn't understand, its important for you to know that apologizing to a Bijuu is one of the worst things a jinchurikki can do. I can tell by the way you conduct yourself that you might feel guilty about imprisoning him. Do yourself a favor: Don't. That bit of advice is free. If you want to know more on the subject, it'll cost you....speaking of costs..."

Another sip.

"That's why I wanted to talk to you Rin. The matter of my payment. Assisting with a Bijuu fight isn't free and it certainly doesn't come cheap."
    Tatsuya
    Tatsuya

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Menza sure was taking his time in answering Rin's question, but the lad knew this one is just testing his patience. If it were Yui in Rin's position right now she probably would've tried to blast Menza or just fire a warning shot. Or at least that's what he imagines. Still Rin felt wary, while the Kyuubi felt anxious to lash out at Menza. In a sense, Rin and Kyuubi have some common ground on that.

Menza re-entered the living room and takes a seat on the couch. More on the ledge than any cushion. After taking a sip of what Rin can smell is tea, Menza confirms that Yui is say for the time being. Although Menza spoke of Rin being instructed for Yui's safety, Rin raised a brow and crossed his arms. He was quiet while listening to Menza, albeit Kurama's only interest was when Menza said hello. For the beast reacted by slapping one hefty tail against the seal with a snarl. Rin's red eyes seem to express amusement as Menza spoke of Rin feeling guilty about sealing the bijuu.

"Of course not. I gave the Kyuubi a chance to turn away, and he refused even after I warned him what would happen." Rin says nothing more than that as he doesn't want to give Menza more information than necessary. Kurama grumbles a bit, but nothing for Rin to understand. Then Menza came upon the costs, and to be frank Rin somewhat anticipated something like it to be brought to light. Some people who made deals with this man probably would either panic or blindly accepts it. Regardless Rin dipped his head as fighting against a bijuu was no easy task by any means, and Kurama still grumbles about how he should've won.

"Naturally. I am not the type to not reward those who help me, but I assume you already have your price listed." Rin can only assume since that's what Menza sounded like he was leading on. Technically Yui was the one who demanded Menza's assistance, but as he said Rin essentially doesn't leave unpaid debts. A faint sigh escapes from Rin as his arms drops to his side.

"An Uchiha always pays his debts. So what is it that you want?"

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Menza the Cursed One
    Menza the Cursed One

Post by Menza the Cursed One Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:30 pm

Menza grinned. The boy understood what this was all about and he wanted to get straight to the point. He was willing to consider payment which was a big first step. The one whom some call "Naruto Satan" wasn't keen on torturing Jinchurikki or their girlfriends but he was willing to do it, if that's what it took for him to understand the importance of settling one's debt.

"Straight to the point, I see. I like it. However, we aren't just talking about what I've done for you regarding Kyuubi although that is a hefty part of it. Perhaps, some background would be helpful...you see......I met Yui some time ago, well before this unfortunate incident with the Nine Tails. I did her a favor, for free, purely because I was interested in her development. I did tell her that if she wanted to engage my services again she could do so, but that it would be costly. She agreed. Some time later she called me. She wanted me to bring her brother back from the dead. He had passed due to the plague and was more or less rotting in the grave. Reviving him was no simple feat, but through methods I won't disclose I was able to bring her brother back. Last I heard, Taichi is in good health and Yui was satisfied with my services"

Menza took a sip from his tea but when he lowered it from his lips, his expression turned from jovial to fairly dark. The young man's eyes narrowed (as much as they could) and a glower settled on his face.

"Imagine my shock when I was called a second time to fight a Bijuu when I hadn't even been repaid for my previous work. Rin, there is nothing more aggravating than someone who takes advantage of my kindness. What I do is valuable and I don't do it for free. Yui owes me because she called me. Maybe you wish to take that on because you care about her well-being or maybe because you feel obligated to repay me due to the fact that you have personally benefited from my help. Your reasoning matters little to me. I have certain things that I need done and if you want to see Yui alive, you will do them for me."

Menza took a sip from the tea and closed his eyes. He was 100% dialed into his surroundings and was more than capable of defending himself from the Uchiha should he chose to attack in a fit of rage. The Cursed One was certain that he had agitated Rin given the fact that he had threatened his girlfriend. The influence of the Nine Tails was probably still fresh in his mind and he wouldn't be surprised if he had managed to provoke the beast. Good. If Rin went insane over such a small conversation then it was better to know his limits now. If he couldn't keep a cool head in a situation such as this then he was useless to Menza.

If Rin still had his wits about him, then Menza would open his eyes and lower the cup again.

"I have two tasks I need you to complete. The first involves the Sage's Tools. Iwagakure was the original possessor of these artifacts yet Konoha has seen fit to take them. I have my own plans for them and so I need you to steal these artifacts from your own village and deliver them to me. I don't care how you do it so long as you do not disclose the nature of our dealings to anyone. We will meet here in this very room for the hand-off. The second task will be a difficult matter, I need a living breathing Ōtsutsuki. These people are quite alien from us, yet they are so very rare. I wish to study them and in order to do that I need a living specimen. Unfortunately, most villages monitor them closely and so it would draw too much attention and ill will if the Society were to go after them in an open and brazen fashion. Having you do it for me would save me time and headaches. This is a personal project and I don't want others butting in. The leader of my organization can be so very uptight at times and I'd rather not deal with her religious ravings regarding fate, destiny, and duty. Likewise, you will bring the Ōtsutsuki to this house same as the Sage's Tools."

Menza looked Rin in the eye and spoke plainly. He wanted the lad to understand what was at stake.

"You have one month from today to get me the Sage Tools. If you fail to deliver them, I will capture Taichi Kotoshura and subject him to a degree of torture beyond even your Bijuu's imagination. Then I will kill him and deliver his remains to the Kotoshura Clan, piece by piece. You have three months to get me the Ōtsutsuki. If you fail, I will do the same to Yui. Although...."

He paused for a moment and a path of scales erupted near his neck and covered part of his face.

"I cannot promise you that you'll be sent her remains. Should you fail, I have other designs for your girlfriend's body and they don't include giving you something to bury. If you still fail to give me what I require, then two months later I will then find you and then I will take your Bijuu from you. If you manage to survive that then good for you....but otherwise I'll consider our business concluded. Remember that these deadlines will run concurrently and you shouldn't speak to anyone about our dealings. Make no mistake Rin Uchiha. It was fairly likely that if Yui hadn't called me, she would have perished. However, if you don't do as I demand I can guarantee you that she will. She is under my care for now but that can change in an instant....Am I correct in assuming you will do as you are told?"
    Tatsuya
    Tatsuya

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:37 pm

Menza seemed to like that Rin was getting straight to the point. Rin found it both tedious and conservative of drawing out conversations with fake pleasantries. They weren't friends, and frankly Rin doesn't trust this guy at all. Any second Rin could feel like this man can strike without a warning. The first task Menza wanted the Sage Tools, and frankly this raised a brow from Rin. Sure Konoha has them under its care, but no one has ever claimed them yet. So more than likely it is kept within the Vaults, which Rin knows is guarded. In his mind Rin already was churning some ideas of how he can do it.

Then Menza spoke of how he wanted a live Otsutsuki, and frankly Rin has only heard stories primarily of Kaguya and her children. On that Rin will have to ask questions about, but first he waited for Menza to finish. Having laid out the tasks before him, Menza proceeded to make Rin aware of what was at risk. Rin now knew the reason why Taichi walks on this Earth once again even after Rin dragged Taichi's unconscious body for many miles. However he wasn't expecting that Menza was the one who brought Taichi back. It was no ordinary feat even Rin can recognize that. He was just surprised that Yui kept this from him.

At first Rin was calm when Menza went on about taking Taichi's life. However once Menza switched the subject to Yui sparked anger from Rin. Once those embers we're lit, Kurama was quick to flare it. An almost overwhelming presence weighed heavily on Rin's mind and rage was all he could feel. In a sense Rin got a glimpse of how much anger Kyuubi held.

Can we kill him now? He's really starting to irritate me. The Tailed Beast spoke to Rin, feeding the embers with suggestion, and as much as Rin wants to give in. He resists. In this mindscape Kurama stared at the boy with a wolfish grin.

As much as I want to. I am gonna have to deny that for the time being. The grin dropped into a frown as Kurama held distaste and confusion.

And why is that? Why hold back? The Kyuubi drew some conclusions on what the reason was. However he wanted to hear Rin's words who took a moment to answer.

Even if we do succeed in taking this guy out. We still wouldn't know where Yui is, and I'm pretty sure he isn't going to tell us either to prevent us from infiltrating his base. Too many risks with little to no reward to benefit from that it is just not worth it. Yet. Nine-Tails picked up on the last bit and while he rolled his eyes at the mention of Yui. Kurama can understand Rin, and Kurama was annoyed at Rin's behavior.

Still trying to play the hero I see… Rin mentally looked at Kurama and was a bit surprised that Kurama had his eyes closed. As the bijuu predicted Rin denied it, but perhaps caught off guard with what is said next.

If I am going to be a hero, then first I'll need to help you. However I can only help you if you let me. Kurama's eyes cracked open as he remained quiet. Staring at the boy in those sincere eyes for what felt like an eternity. The gigantic beast finally scoffs before turning his head away from Rin.

You should have thought of that before you sealed me in here. There was truth in that, but Rin merely turned his attention back towards the present.

After a few moments of consideration, Rin's anger not necessarily subsided, but more refined into a controllable level. His lips parted to speak as Rin churned up some ideas in his head of how he can proceed with this.

"I will admit that I have never met an Otsutsuki before. Care to provide me with some information of what they generally look like or at least give me a name?" Lest Menza wants Rin to search blindly and wasting time of course. Such a thing Rin could see in his mind, but highly unfavorable since Menza wants it. Very soon. Just having a name and a general location will do wonders for Rin's search.

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Menza the Cursed One
    Menza the Cursed One

Post by Menza the Cursed One Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Menza smiled as he observed Rin taking it all in. The boy was angry now doubt but he exhibited a respectable degree of control over his emotions. Nee-san would be proud. Rin dove straight into the details of the assignment. He didn't curse, threaten, bargain, or cry. A true warrior. Menza was begining to think that dealing with Yui was a mistake. Sure, she was wild and unpredictable which was fun, but it was a true pain in the ass to extract anything useful out of her. Chaos had its limits after all. Rin asked for information about the otherworldly clan and Menza shrugged before responding:

"The Otsutsuki are humanoid in the appearance but very much unlike most people on this planet. They have ghastly pale skin, white hair, and pupils that have a strangely alien character to them. They are closest in appearance to the Kaguya with whom they allegedly share genetic kinship Their Doujutsu, the Rinnegan, appears as a lavender pupil with one or more concentric rings, the number corresponding to their skill and development with the kekkei genkai. They are an alien people and it would be reasonable to assume they are not entirely used to the ways of this world, however some may have adapted better than others. I have no names to give you but I would suggest breaking into the shinobi registry ledger and looking for ninja with that surname. Usually that information is kept in the Kage's office but it could be elsewhere. I don't plan on doing your homework for you....what I've told you is the extent of my knowledge on them. Or at least a rough approximation. Anything more would probably confuse you."

Menza drained the last of his tea and set the cup to the side. He stood up from the couch and walked over to Rin.

"If you have any more questions, now would be the time to ask. My time is short and yours is even shorter. Please lift your shirt."

Menza wouldn't ask twice, if the boy refused. He'd damage him severely. Assuming he did as he was told, Menza would place a Flying Thunder God Seal on his back.

"Don't tell anyone about this seal....and don't lie to me about anything regarding this deal. I have ways of discerning truth from lies and if I think you are lying to me or trying to pull something well...just know that you would be putting Yui in jeopardy. I don't recommend testing the waters with me. Oh! And please Rin-boy if you are considering doing something that violates the terms of our agreement, I suggest you think very carefully if your plan contradicts anything I just told you. Remember, making my life easier makes your life easier...and of course Yui and Taichi's as well."

Menza stood back after he applied the seal and folded his arms. He was curious if the jinchurikki had anything else to ask.
    Tatsuya
    Tatsuya

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:42 am

Menza gave a detailed description of what the Otsutsuki usually appear as. Remarkably human on the outside with some unique characteristics such as their eyes. The Rinnegan to be more precise. Rin recalls this much for if these Otsutsuki really are like Kaguya Otsutsuki then they more than likely have Rinnegan as well. However they have been very quiet from what Rin can tell, which is wise in his mind since he can imagine not just Menza, but perhaps some other person would be keen on harvesting their eyes.

Speaking of Menza, he got up and walked closer to Rin which made the boy tense. This guy was really making Rin nervous not because of the threats and warnings. Rather Rin can just feel that Menza could very well do exactly what he is warning Rin about and much more. It wasn't until Kurama spoke in his head that Rin was actually calming down just a little for Menza to do as he wishes.

Calm down boy… Just go with the flow for now. Strange even through the sense of rage flowing from the Tailed Beast that it did calm Rin down. As Menza places the mark on Rin, this reminds him that Rin needs to form additional seals to protect Kurama even further. He makes a mental note of that as Menza pulls away and again warns Rin what would happen if he breaks his agreement. To which Rin finally broke his silence.

"You will get what you want, however if I may add a slight condition to this agreement is that by the last drop off either you tell me where Yui can be found or bring her here yourself." Rin speculated that Menza will probably decline this condition, but it was small since Menza could place Yui anywhere and it wouldn't lead to any sensitive areas for Menza or the Society itself. A sigh escapes from Rin's lips that was honestly from being exhausted than anything else. On top of fighting Kurama that Rin miraculously won, after the sealing Process was completed Rin has the certain sensation that he is about to pass out at any second.

"I'll be honest with you here. I don't trust you at all, and to be frank even without your constant warnings everything still screams danger just being near you." Perhaps it was a curse that Rin is perceptive with insight on people in this instance. Still it wasn't like he has a choice, and the boy was pretty sure Menza appreciated that Rin was being blunt about it. In a weird sense Rin holds certain respect to Menza, but in the respect that Menza is very dangerous and Rin is being cautious around him.

"At any rate, I have all the information that I need. If nothing else I'll be taking my leave." And with that Rin will start to turn on his heel whether or not Menza accepts the condition or not. Then will proceed to walk towards the door and attempts to exit.

[Possible Exit]

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Menza the Cursed One
    Menza the Cursed One

Post by Menza the Cursed One Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:01 pm

Rin was smart and opted not to attack when Menza approached him. He confirmed his compliance but tried to add in another condition to the agreement. He requested that by the last drop off, he tell him where he could find Yui or that he bring Yui back home. Menza nodded and said: "Fair enough. Give me what I want and I shall ensure Yui is delivered home safely. At that point, our business will be concluded."

Rin expressed his distaste for dealing with Menza. The one whom plebeians ignorantly called "Naruto Satan" only smiled in response. "You're powers of perception are quite apt, Rin. But no, there is nothing else. You may leave." Rin was right to be wary of Menza. Yui had fallen for his charm and wit. It proved to be her undoing. Now she was his hostage and her life hung in the balance. Menza allowed Rin to leave the home and once he did, the Accursed ninja went about his business. He reflected on Rin's chance of successes for a moment but then dismissed the thought. For once, he wanted to surprise himself. He had already been pleasantly surprised when Rin had survived his encounter with the 9 Tails. The kid had a knack for beating the odds and Menza decided it would be twice as amusing if he didn't let his own statistical analysis guide his predictions.

He ransacked the home of DNA and other valuables before teleporting away.

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 pm