Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

The Infamous Rain Technique

Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Class: X
    Ryo: 10,000

The Infamous Rain Technique Empty The Infamous Rain Technique

Post by Hana Kaguya Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:16 am

So there has been some confusion surrounding the technique Kirisame. This confusion is regarding what it dissolves and how it reacts. In this suggestion I am hopefully going to clear the air regarding the infamous Kirigakure Exclusive technique and possibly rewrite it to make the technique clear and understandable by making rigid limitations to its ability. Below is the current write up of the technique for your reference.

Kirisame:

I can understand its current write up can be misleading. The first line of the description states it devours chakra, but in the descriptions over the versions it states it eats all Ninjutsu up to S-rank.  The discourse in the chat suggested multiple interpretations of this description, many which I believe are greatly out of proportion. I won't cover them all, however I will state what I believe the technique represented at the state and submit a written version of it to be easily C&P into the Library if approved.

The Rain Must Touch the Technique to Influence It: Here is the largest misconception I believe which sparked this debate. This technique is not a general AoE chakra shutdown technique. This technique utilizes rainfall and the water droplets to achieve its goal, which in this case is dissolving exposed chakra (will go more into detail on this). Any form of shelter, whether it be inside a building or underground counts. This means Earth Ninjutsu which utilizes earth by shifting it is unaffected..

This Technique Devours Exposed Chakra, Not Chakra Product: Another big misconception I believe was how Kirisame reacted to preexisting structures created by Ninjutsu. It should be explicitly stated this technique only affects a certain type of Ninjutsu, instead of all Ninjutsu in general. Namely shape manipulation.

Chakra Product is the yield of a technique. If I use the Water Bullet Technique and I hit my target the only thing that should remain is ordinary water and not the user's chakra. Chakra was used to create the element. You don't make special "chakra water" which can be distinguished from regular water.

In this case the water is a chakra product, something made from chakra but doesn't have any chakra properties. Now although the Water is unaffected by Kirisame, the technique fails at Shape Manipulation. Although the water isn't made of chakra, you use chakra to hold it together in a dense torrent. That's how you get damage out of Water Release technique. You make the water dense by holding it together using Shape Manipulation and send it at an opponent with high speeds.

Now in another scenario, a Kaguya is standing in Kirisame. They use Dead-Bone Pulse to grow a bone spike from their palm. This ability is not inhibited by the Mist Rain. Why you ask? Kaguya Bone is a Chakra Product which, as a result of the user being able to manipulate their bone cells with chakra, they can not only grow more bones, but increase their density. And it is very important to note that bone growth does NOT start from top to bottom, but the other way around. Kaguya Bone is produced from the center of the bone and out from there. That serves as a natural weakness for Kaguya. A Kaguya cannot materialize a bone spear out of thin air. It must start from their body and grow. Despite being a Chakra Product and not being affected by Kirisame in general, the bone starts from the user's own internal bone structure. The bone exposed to the rain is done growing. If a Kaguya chooses to increase the length of the bone spike, the spike gets pushed out further from the body of the user's original bone. What doesn't happen are little bone cells carried by chakra workers streaming up the side of the bone and get built from there. That's just factually incorrect.

So what does this mean?

-Earth Release which starts from the earth (Moving Core, Earth Wall, Earth Shore Return, Earth Pillar Spear) are NOT affected.
    -Any structure-based Advanced Element (Crystal Release, some Lava Release, Ice Release, Steel Release, Wood Release, Explosion Release [clay], etc.) are NOT affected.
    -Any Chakra Product from a clan (Kaguya Bone product, Chinoike Blood product, Crystal Release product, Ice Release product, Steel Release product, etc.) are NOT affected.

Why are these unaffected? Because these are Chakra Product made from the user's body directly, in which the user's body acts as a shelter from the rain.

OR

Because these are technique which come from the ground and the ground serves as a natural shelter from the rainfall.

Below is my new interpretation of the Mist Rain Technique which I believe helps clean up a lot of the bad wording and balances the technique in general.

Name: Secret Technique: Mist Rain  
    Power: A
    Activation Cost: 30
    Upkeep Cost: 20
    Range: 0 - 200 m.
    Speed: N/A
    Element: Water
    Skill: Ninjutsu
    Classification: Secret (Kirigakure Exclusive)
    Requirements: N/A
    Parent Technique: N/A
    Hand Seals: Ram | Dog | Rat
    Description: A powerful technique where the user creates a light mist and a light drizzle of rain. When the rain touches an exposed Ninjutsu technique, this rain dissolves the shape manipulation aspect of Ninjutsu technique. If that Ninjutsu technique has a power of A-rank or below, that technique fails.

Weaknesses: This technique only affects shape manipulation. This means it can only influence Ninjutsu whose chakra has direct contact with the rainfall.

Code:

[b]Name:[/b] Secret Technique: Mist Rain  
    [b]Rank:[/b] S
    [b]Power:[/b] A
    [b]Activation Cost:[/b] 30
    [b]Upkeep Cost:[/b] 20
    [b]Range:[/b] 0 - 200 m.
    [b]Speed:[/b] N/A
    [b]Element:[/b] Water
    [b]Skill:[/b] Ninjutsu
    [b]Classification:[/b] Secret (Kirigakure Exclusive)
    [b]Requirements:[/b] N/A
    [b]Parent Technique:[/b] N/A
    [b]Hand Seals:[/b] Ram | Dog | Rat
    [b]Description:[/b] A powerful technique where the user creates a light mist and a light drizzle of rain. When the rain touches an exposed Ninjutsu technique, this rain dissolves the shape manipulation aspect of Ninjutsu technique. If that Ninjutsu technique has a power of A-rank or below, that technique fails.

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] This technique only affects shape manipulation. This means it can only influence Ninjutsu whose chakra has direct contact with the rainfall.

Short and simple. There are a few things I changed:

• Cost has been adjusted to be 30/20 instead of 25/10
    • Edited so this can only influence technique A-rank power and below
    • Stated this technique only compromises shape manipulation of Ninjutsu
    • Got rid of the different versions, which is probably the biggest change. I feel some of the abilities were ridiculous for a simple village exclusive, such as dissolving Bijuu Bombs, bijuu Cloaks, Susanoo, and Susanoo techs, all which cost ridiculous experience investments versus 300 WC.

Kirisame is a great technique, but over the years with the addition of Restricted stuff I questioned how the technique wasn't a Restricted Technique for so long I feel it is finally nice to get around to mellowing it out.

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Akari Chinoike
    Akari Chinoike

The Infamous Rain Technique Empty Re: The Infamous Rain Technique

Post by Akari Chinoike Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:43 pm

If you're reducing it's power as a whole, why not reduce it's rank too? The range in which it can be used could be reduced to make that easier since all it requires is the user to be underneath it to be protected against that very shape manipulation.

For the record, I do agree with this interpretation for the most part, although I do feel that maybe that taking away one of the counters to things like bijuu bombs, cloaks, susano'o, etc, when there's already not very many of them might not be for the best? Do note I say that having not fought a jin, or an Uchiha with Susano'o, etc. But I can't imagine much fucks with them once they get going.

Obviously if those abilities were retained it would keep it's S ranking, the earlier statement was simply a point on 'if you're removing all of this stuff anyway, then...'

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 171,375
    Stats:

• Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: N/A
    Link to Known Techniques: See Character Updates.
    Kyoji
    Kyoji

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Suiton/ Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu, Taijutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo: Ya boy is ballin

Post by Kyoji Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:48 pm

I don't agree with the last bit or so. It doesn't harm and it works against the user. It doesn't stop cloak boosts or anything so its not like its stopping someone from using their cloaks. To make it simple I thought any construct made from chakra should disintegrate like acid. Natural sources though should be good.

Elements created from ninjas aren't exactly the same as far as power. Like natural lightning being much stronger than elemental lightning. It wouldn't stop that.

Stamina: A++ (Senju)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: B > S (EGF)
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:34 am