Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Sparks Fly

Kimiko
    Kimiko
    Leaf Jounin Commander
    Leaf Jounin Commander

Sparks Fly Empty Sparks Fly

Post by Kimiko Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:44 am

Kimiko had been in the middle of eating her dinner, a bowl of ramen noodles from some random place she'd stopped at, when a messenger bird arrived with a letter, before flying off. Kimi opened the letter and continued eating, finding it simple enough to manipulate open the letter while also using chopsticks.

What she saw almost made her choke. Immediately, her eyes began to shift over to their defensive state, although this was only one Sharingan activated. Her bangs covered her eye well enough, but Kimi felt her mental state starting to shatter. Hyperventilating, she kept it together, left money on the counter, picked up the scroll and left.

Spoiler:

Kimiko ran until she got back to the hotel she was staying at and closed the door, locking it, letting herself be alone for a while. And then her eyes fully changed, and tears streamed down from her black eyes. Her whole world had been flipped upside down by that news. An Uchiha, a Missing Nin? Her Clan Leader, a Missing Nin? Her boyfriend, a Missing Nin? That couldn't be right.

And from what she could tell, he had attacked a member of the Society, and that was sure to put a target on his back. The village was robbed because of that attack, and now everything was bad. She didn't know whether the Clan was okay, and she was here in Kirigakure.

Letting out a scream, Kimiko hurled the scroll at the wall, and then fell silent, tears streaming down her face and a calm washed over her as she retreated to her safe zone, letting the other her take over for a while.

Character File
    Skills & Elements:
    Class: X
    Ryo: a looot

Sparks Fly Empty Re: Sparks Fly

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:01 pm

Akihiro was...not well known for having the best of timings. Perhaps it was just bad luck, or maybe it was fate that insisted on twisting itself in odd ways just to mess with him. Alas, he had once again not arrived in time to prevent the news from spreading. He had hoped that the task of proctoring for the Chuunin Exams had kept his love busy enough so that she'd take a little while longer to get the news. But the news had spread to Konohagakure no Sato and so it seemed only logical that the Konohagakure ninjas in Kirigakure (where the letter had been sent from) knew already. This was...unfortunate. Akihiro had hoped to inform Kimiko before she found out by a scroll.

But either something had went terribly wrong at the Chuunin Exams or she had just gotten a piece of very bad news. Having tagged her back he naturally showed up behind the girl, only to have his heart sink by finding her on her knees, tears streaming down her face and onto the ground beneath her.

Suddenly Akihiro felt silly holding on his left hand the two cups of noodles he'd stolen from the East Indiaman. He thought it would make her feel better, but the crisis had scaled beyond what a single cup of noodles could solve- even tho he brought two! He would calmly place his right hand on her shoulder and gently speak. "Hey...its okay, the clan's fine, I'm fine...I was worried about you...I...I brought us dinner?"

Only the gods would know just how much of that sentence he'd be able to speak before her reaction. Akihiro rarely had difficulty picking the right words for situations, but this one as particularly difficult. He initially struggled to find words to make her feel better.

Leaf Jounin Commander

Post by Kimiko Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:36 pm

In Kimiko's anguish and with her Sharingan active, she knew the room was empty. It was perhaps a safety net of hers that allowed her guard to be down. With her more defensive and self protective side active, and her usual dominant personality hidden, she was prone to fast retaliation.

Akihiro appeared in the room, and the recognition for her wasn't there. This Kimiko didn't know Akihiro. This Kimiko recognized the appearance of another person in her space, and immediately, her reaction was to protect her body. A hand reached for her shoulder, and words were spoken, but Kimiko was deaf to them. They reached her though, and recognition was slow on the uptake, but not before Kimiko turned, midrise, and launched an uppercut to Akihiro's jaw.

A moment later, whether the strike landed or not, Kimiko's usually dominant personality would take hold, swapping the places back to their usual state. "A...Aki...."

She'd throw herself forward, although this time in an embrace. "The hokage! That cat... that cat! He's fucking insane! He let Raijin, the Society boy, into the village, and made a deal with him, gave him Seigi, paid him 2 million with no guarantee that he was actually going to be a spy! And then he told me that Kiri assassinated Satomi, so I just... and now you're a missing nin!"

Kimiko just spat out words, in her usual manner, but not this time out of curiosity and wonder, but desperation and anxiety. "And Kiri has to pay, but I'm going to kill the Hokage! Satomi's dead, but you're here. I can't protect him but I can protect you. Konoha be damned. Our clan can't be targeted anymore. I'll annihilate anyone who tries." The darker aspects of Kimi were still present, as the two wills battled for authority, and then....

"Wait, noodles? I love noodles!" She finally set eyes on the dinner that Akihiro had acquired.

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:19 pm

Perhaps Akihiro's reflexes were not at their best today, or maybe it was the completely unexpected nature of Kimiko's sucker punch. One or the other, it mattered little. The noodle cups Akihiro was holding cartoonishly remained in the same place while Akihiro got knocked back and lost his balance, falling on his butt. He was entirely and completely confused for a moment there. And became even more confused when Kimiko proceeded to embrace him after taking her fist to his jaw.

"Wait, I don't get it, are we fighting or not?!" The neebi beast had been awaken by the sudden impact and was now in full alert mode.

"I don't know man, girls are complicated!" Was the only reply Akihiro had for the beast. He was a bit at a loss there for a second, until he suddenly thought of something. Had Kimiko realized what he'd done? Had she found the mark on her back? Well, this could clearly be a problem. He decided to speak before she used some sort of taijutsu hug maneuver on him "Look I know I didn't ask but I figured it was okay and it might be able but we can probably change its desi-" He ended up being interrupted by Kimiko's speech, about the recent events and he was suddenly brought back to the reality at hand. Because Kimiko had thrown a punch at him, he had hyper focused on that and sort of forgot about the rest of the world and its events. But Kimiko's words brought him back and he realized he hadn't done anything wrong...the world itself was rotten and that was why Kimiko had been crying. His arms embraced her as well and for a few minutes he'd simply let her talk, let her release whatever it was she was holding inside- Words or tears, he would simply be there for her.

And he had her full attention! At least right up until the moment the Uchiha girl noticed the two cups of noodles on the ground. Still within Akihiro's embrace, he thought he'd reply before he lost her to the devilishly delicious meals. "It's fine Kimi, I'm fine, we'll be fine, the clan will be fine. I checked on the Uchiha District about an hour ago, they're all okay. Just a bit confused...but they'll be fine. You will be too." Akihiro's smile then turned into a more serious expression. "I've come to kill the cat. This madness has prolonged itself long enough. I only regret I let it come this far. "

He then smiled again, cheerfully. "But I've also come to see you! So before we anihilate anything, let's annihilate dinner shall we? How are the Chuunin Exams going, have you started yet? I heard from the clan members that you were proctoring this year."
    Kimiko
    Kimiko
    Leaf Jounin Commander
    Leaf Jounin Commander

Post by Kimiko Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Kimi rocked backwards and grabbed her knees, pulling them towards her and hugged herself. Her face was wet from the tears, but she was more back to herself now, knowing that everything was okay and that they'd be taking care of the Hokage soon. All of their problems would go away then. "Ah, fuck, now I've got a headache..." she laughed a pitying laugh as she wiped the tears off her face. Crying always gave her a headache.

"The exams aren't that bad. Still waiting a little for the second rounds to start up, I'll be proctoring them, but the competition seems pretty fierce from what I've heard just on the written section. Pretty sure there's some people in there that could easily be Jounin material. Hell, couple of them test way better than most people. Ya might have some intellectual competition honestly.

Picking up the cups of ramen, Kimi moved over to the sink and opened them, filling them to the line and popping them into the microwave. Eyeballing the times, she shrugged and pressed 4, letting them heat up probably a little too long.

"You proctored yeah? Anyone attack you? Cause like.... couple of the proctors had some actual assault issues going on. One kid pulled a bow on the proctor, one set their room on fire, other one flooded the room by destroying the sprinkles, while some of them impersonated proctors. One girl's got a frickin' polar bear, one's in a wheelchair, this shit's pretty hype honestly. And this was just the written test part. I'm proctoring the survival exams, so that's gunna be int....er...."

Kimiko's word died in her throat as she finally realized something. "...estinnnnng.... wait a second. How are you here?" Her eyes narrowed, and her arms folded. "And what was it you said earlier? Should have asked about what, and change what?" Her red and black eyes bore into Akihiro's skull.

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:42 pm

Akihiro attentively listened to what she had to say and while he kind of noticed she was overheating the ramen cups, he decided to say nothing. Sometimes it was best to keep quiet. It seemed the Genin were quite promising this year... "Well, I can't say I'm too surprised. These are troubling and rather unstable times we're living in. Troubled times create troublesome ninjas..." he'd pause, thinking for a bit. "...as in, troublesome to deal with. Strong. I wouldn't be so naive to think that the Sharingan is the only weapon bornt out of stressful events." This was natural selection at play- when there was trouble in the world, some rose to the occasion and others didn't. In the ninja world, those who rose would go on to the Chuunin Exams.

He kept listening and worried for a bit as Kimi described the kind of behaviours these Genin showed. Nothing like that had ever happened in his time...were Genin getting crazier? Of course, this worry he felt was nothing compared to the moment when Kimi paused and began asking him about what he had said earlier. Now this worried Akihiro more than genin fireballs or arrows. He didn't often get trapped by his own words but in his earlier rush to calm down Kimi he had said some things he was now starting to regret... but alas, he had realized (mostly from observing other couples) that healthy relationships were based on truthfulness and trust. And while in his head he could justify not telling Kimi about the mark since she'd never really asked, he could never actually lie to her face.

"Hum, okay listen!" her folded arms and narrowed eyes were like daggers through his heart. "Remember that maaagical night on the roof when we first met? And the magical commet? Good memories right? Riiight! I think so too! Best. Night. Ever." His tone was unnecessarily high and friendly, as if he was trying to calm down a storm before it started. "And so I thought, 'Hey, I kinda wanna do this again sometime!'. But, erm.... you know how we're ninjas and all that and we're busy all the time and its hard to make time for each other? And how we're in constant danger of being attacked or kidnapped?" Akihiro was sincerely hoping she would understand him, but nothing was guaranteed.

"Sooo, I thought about that and, well," he was saying far too many words. Perhaps his objective was to stall before he said what he undoubtedly would need to say. "I didn't want to lose you ever, or waste time coming to you when I could spend the travelling time with you and, and and..." he made a pause, inhaled, and spoke the words loudly but too quickly. "ImightHaveMarkedYouWithFlyingThunderGodFuuinjutsuSoIWouldAlwaysBeAbleToReachYou! I didn't quite think it thoroughly I know, but you were asleep that night and then I didn't know how to tell you!"

He wasn't even sure she knew what Flying Thunder God was, but that was besides the point. She knew what Fuuinjutsu was, and Akihiro had marked her without her permission. This could be a dangerous situation for the frail body of the Uchiha Clan leader if he didn't manage it properly! But was he?
    Kimiko
    Kimiko
    Leaf Jounin Commander
    Leaf Jounin Commander

Post by Kimiko Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:46 pm

Kimiko's eyes narrowed slightly as Akihiro tried to explain what he had done. He was nervous, she could tell that much right off the bat. He'd marked her with a Flying Thunder God mark to be able to teleport to her whenever he wanted to, and that immediately set her on edge. Without discussion or consent, he'd marked her, and survival instincts in her set off warning alarms, but she also didn't care either. "I'm not opposed to it, but I would have liked to know about it before hand."

Kimiko thought about it a little bit, and tapped her foot. "So I think we need to establish rules on this. You'll teach me to work with Fuuinjutsu, and then teach me the technique, and I'll mark you as well. Then we need to work on timing, because I like my personal time obviously, and you don't know if I'm showering, or if I'm in the bathroom or something, and I'd prefer not to be surprised like that. Maybe send an item beforehand, I can send something back then if I'm okay? And if neither of us do within a certain period of time, then something might not be okay? I don't know. I'm not really the best planner. That's more your thing."

But her eyes softened up, and Kimi's arms uncrossed. She wasn't really mad at all, and actually found it kind of funny. A smile played on her lips as she watched Akihiro squirm uncomfortably. She had that boy wrapped around her finger, and they both knew it. Akihiro was lucky that she was loyal and wouldn't betray that trust herself.

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:47 pm

At first her body positioning worried him a bit. the fact that her eyes narrowed and the general expression on her face did not predict good news or words towards Akihiro. Usually when someone got in this kind of position Akihiro would simply use logic and reasoning to get their attention and try to make them see why they were wrong. He had done this exact same kind of thing to Shimiko when she accused him in the past... But Akihiro had always been careful with everyone else as to not ever be surprised or cornered into a position in which he could not defend himself. This time however, he was quite defenseless. How could he blame Kimiko? She was a girl and while he hadn't thought of it at the time, a thousand scenarios came to his mind now in which he was using the Flying Thunder God technique to invade her privacy. He felt really stupid.

Despite this, the first words that came out of her lips were not harsh at all. You see the odd fact was that while Akihiro was a hard to reach or read for most people, to her he was a sort of open book. He did stupid things, mistakes he wouldn't have otherwise made. But his mistakes resulted from the fact that he did love this girl from the very first moment he had ever seen her cross the roofs of the Uchiha Clan district in a kimono that night. If he made a mistake with others, he was confident he could somehow recover from the situation or somehow reach his goals through somebody else. But when it came to Kimiko, he wanted there to be no mistakes. And naturally this sort of pressure he place upon himself meant he made even more mistakes. And yet somehow, she seemed to like him that way. That was very freeing.

He let her finish what she had to say and then nodded with his head. The scenarios she had described were nothing short of what he himself had imagined just a few moments previously and when she mentioned the showed specifically, Akihiro's cheeks gained a tone of livid red. It was an odd scenario really- His ninja training allowed him to mask his facial expression and keep a sort of neutral face, but everything was given away by the rising color of his skin. Naively, he hadn't given it any thought before he came into this room. Now that Kimiko brought it to his attention however, his hyperactive brain so used to figuring out all the possibilities was making him rather uncomfortable. "I can teach you. I didn't really think of a plan for that kind of situation, sorry. I hadn't really considered i-" he interrupted himself. How could anyone believe he hadn't considered that?

Evidence 1: He was a teenage boy.
    Evidence 2: He had been up until recently Konoha's strategist
    Evidence 3: He was a teenage boy.

It was frankly very hard to believe Akihiro hadn't considered the possibility of 'accidentally' teleporting himself into his girlfriend's shower booth, even if he in fact hadn't.

So he took a deep breathe and let the weirdly high temperature on his cheeks cool down for a second. Then he was back to his usual self. "I'm certain I can teach you Flying Thunder God. It won't be easy but I'm sure it could be done. As for the rules... I had only wanted to teleport to you as a desperate measure. With what happened in Konohagakure, it felt right to do it. We can set up a message system if you'd like, but I'm not planning on spending too much time away from you." He would take her right hand and hold it closely within his, looking her in the eyes.

"Flying Thunder God is more than just a jutsu. It is freedom. It's the freedom to smell the salty scent of the sea in the Land of Waves in a minute, and be seeing the sunset from the Land of Lightning's mountain range in the other. It's the ability to spend the night watching the stars with you in the Great Sea of Sand in the Land of Wind, and be back home in the morning.

It's freedom. It's the world, my love. And that's what I want to share with you. The world. It is ours to take in."
    Akihiro would make a small pause. This was a delicate issue. But he was decided. "And I don't want a mad Hokage or whoever else to have the ability to ruin that. I love Konoha, and I love our clan and would die to protect it. But I also love you Kimiko, and I want to be free to do so.

So after Tats is dead and the Chuunin Exams end, I'm taking Mockingbird and going on a journey somewhere. See what the world outside the village has to offer us. Train ourselves and our promising new members, show the world to them as well...but above all that, I would very much like to have you with me.

Will you come with me?"
    Kimiko
    Kimiko
    Leaf Jounin Commander
    Leaf Jounin Commander

Post by Kimiko Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:30 pm

One of the good things about Kimiko was that she tended to move onto other topics pretty quickly. Keeping her attention on any one thing for very long was difficult, and with a shift towards something she could really look forward to, she seemed to drop the entire issue about her being marked very quickly. "Well, now you're speaking my language. I love exploring and seeing new things. Journey? Of course I'll come with you!" Kimiko was satisfied. She wanted to see everywhere and be everywhere, so that sort of thing was right up her alley.

"Sandy deserts from Suna, a beautiful night sky, no light pollution, it's all great! Kiri's got wonderful beaches, and some very pretty sights too. Konoha's beautiful of course, but I've spent my whole life there. I'd love to see the mountains of Kumo and Iwa, just to compare the differences. And the minor nations all have something fun to do with them I'm sure!" Kimiko smiled at the thought.

She then began to think about the Hokage, and the plans to kill the cat. She hadn't ever quite expected to be in on a plot to assassinate her own kage, but this strangely felt right. The village would be in danger being ruled by someone like that. Especially given the interaction with Raijin and all that. Kimiko hated that interaction, for sure.

And leaving Konoha! Kimiko was excited at the prospect. It was something new, and Kimi really liked the prospect of new things. It was always so exciting to experience different things, and living in one place forever was always kind of boring. Sure, she could explore more and more of Konoha, but she'd been there for 17 years, and had seen plenty of it. She couldn't leave because of the Uchiha clan, and her loyalty to it, but if the clan leader was sanctioning it, then it wouldn't be a problem. It was like she could have her cake and eat it too!

"But I do love our clan, and I think we should take them with us, along with Mockingbird. Leaving them in Konoha in the hands of the kage seems odd. They can't be subservient to them anymore."

Character File
    Skills & Elements:

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:30 pm

Akihiro's eyes brightened up and his smile widened as he listened to Kimiko's words. He had been worried about her reaction because he knew she was especially loyal to the Uchiha Clan and likely wouldn't like to abandon them in Konoha. Particularly after what Tats had done to their leader... Kimi was right. But at the moment Akihiro was too happy to be thinking about Tats and her shenanigans.

Akihiro would take Kimoko's hand, the one he was already holding, and pull her closer to him until no distance at all separated the two. Her body close to his would give him an overwhelming sensation of nostalgia for a little bit as her scent reminded him of the night on the rooftops. He still held her right hand in his own, and would gently but swiftly put his left arm around her waist holding her close. "I'm so glad you said yes, I'm so happy I could dance~" Akihiro's tone of voice had changed, because in that moment he had forgotten he was a wanted man or that he still needed to assassinate a Hokage tonight. In that moment it was just him and Kimiko together like they hadn't been in weeks, and it just felt so good. "Unfortunately my dear, I'm a terrible dancer. But..." He would lean in and kiss her lips while intertwining fingers with the hand he was holding. After a brief moment he would back away a little, and let out one of his own smiles. "Perhaps you can teach me how to dance, one day. I can't teach Fuuinjutsu for free you know, can't have the clan saying its leader picks favorites. Although in reality," Akihiro chuckled when he thought about it in this way. "I really do have a favorite." He'd wink at Kimiko and make a whispering "shh" sound as if it were a closely kept secret.

He shared her opinion that the Clan should leave with them, but he would rather not take the Clan on a pilgrimage until they had found a place to call their own and their home. But that conversation was perhaps better left for another day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:01 pm