Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Setting Down Roots

Kara
    Kara

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: More than I need, less than I'd like

Setting Down Roots Empty Setting Down Roots

Post by Kara Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:52 pm

Being an entrepreneur has its benefits. This was the thought that started Kara’s day. She’d had yet another terrible sleep and was trying to convince herself that parting ways with her parents was truly for the best. In truth it was the mantra that had kept her sane these last few weeks. It was all she could do to not throw a tantrum every time she had a reminder of what life used to be like. Which was all the time. Even now, wandering the streets of the marketplace she felt absolutely wretched. The stale air, the stench of the lower class, it was almost unbearable.

With considerable mental effort she set her jaw, squared her shoulders and continued on her trek through the various market stalls and shops. She needed to find people of her own calibre, while she had the knowhow for her business ideas, the practical skills as it were, but knew little of actually managing a business. What she did remember of that side of things with her parents was that they’d had a manager of sorts, or an accountant, or something. She was certainly fuzzy on the details, owing to her lack of interest on such matters, but she was sure that there was someone they had gone to for assistance in the logistical financial areas of their endeavours.

Beyond the physical discomfort of meandering through the busy streets, if you could call them streets, asking for help was not something that Kara was used to. She had always been the best and the brightest, with the world firmly established at her feet. If anything, others usually came to her for help. It was painfully embarrassing, though with her usual charm she muddled through. Dressed as carefully as she was today made it somewhat easier, her dark silk gown showed off just the right amount of skin around her decolletage to make most people she approached more than willing to speak with her. Her pale blonde hair was piled loosely on top of her head, pinned with a stunning ruby encrusted hair pin. The pin would have been an incredible sight in the bright sunlight were it allowed to see the sun beneath her bone handled parasol. She considered that she might have to change her preferred style of footwear, being that heeled shoes were quite the challenge in sand, but put the thought out of her mind as she overheard a pair of gossiping merchants mention ‘The Grand Merchant’.

Moving closer she heard that one was asking the other about where to procure some unique materials for weapons or tools, she wasn’t entirely sure of the context. While that was not exactly her field, if this was the person that other merchants went to, then this was likely the person for her. “Pardon the intrusion good sirs, but might I enquire as to whom you speak of?” As expected the intrusion was not unwelcome and their conversation abruptly stopped in favor of stammering and staring at the newest addition to their small circle. “Sorry m’lady, didn’t see you there. We were just, uh, talking about Tomi Okane, he’s uh, pretty famous ‘round these parts.” The second man laughed and awkwardly hit the first man's shoulder “As famous as a merchant gets in the desert ya reckon!”

Ignoring the inappropriate display of playful violence, she pulled a cigarette from the tin in her pocket and upon placing it in its obsidian and gold holder held out her hand for a light while speaking softly. “And where might one find this Grand Merchant? I am in need of some unique items that it sounds as though he may be able to obtain for me.” Both men fussed for a minute to be the first to light the outheld cigarette before answering her. “He has a house here in the market area, you can find him thataway.” They both pointed in a general direction, and while they were not the best directions she was content to leave their company as quickly as possible. With a curt nod and a smile she walked off in the direction they had indicated.

As it happened the directions they gave were not overly difficult to interpret; which made sense in retrospect. If she were looking for someone of her class, she would of course recognize the typical creature comforts associated with it. A well made, if modest, house, what looked like perhaps a servants entrance around the side and a lovely greenhouse. It was the greenhouse that caught her attention, in a place like this having access to the amount of water required to keep one simply reeked of money. Removing the end of the cigarette from its holder and stamping it out on the sandy street she straightened her clothing, removed a misplaced lock of hair from in front of her face and walked confidently up to the front door. Raising one delicate hand, she rapped on the door lightly waiting to see if the man she hoped could help her was home.

Mistress Kara:
    Okane
    Okane

Setting Down Roots Empty Re: Setting Down Roots

Post by Okane Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:34 am

Okane had been standing in his kitchen as he looked over some new blue prints. Stretched over his stone counter. Of course it had a decent finish on it so the surface was smooth and almost glossy. If it hadn't come that way he would of done it himself. Instead his jade eyes scanned over the blue sheet with white marks on it here and there. A pen in his right hand as he made little notes here and there for suggestions. Little improvements he intended to make to his designs. For now the one in front of him was the sand skiff but rolled up next to him with a rubber band holding them together was two others he had recently done to improve the village. The green house outside and the source of the small river running through the center of the village. He was responsible for those desert miracle. First provide fresh water and then provide fresh food in the center of the desert. Of course his name was well known. Still they could be improved further. His sharp eyes now making an understanding of how his experiments had been initially flawed. He would need more water for the village soon or they would begin fighting over it. He just didn't have time to craft it.

Okane himself was in black steel toed boots with high ankles that his black sacks were tucked into. Polished as they were there were still burn marks on the steel itself on the outside of the shoe. The sign of a busy blacksmith. His black slacks were almost like new though. Ironed out so the pants had lines running through them. On his waist was a pair of crisscrossed belts. The one underneath would have a silver plate with the Kanji for Tomi and the one on top would have a golden plate with the Kanji for Okane. He was a very self centered man. Tucked into those pants was a white button up shirt made of silk with the buttons done up properly all the way up to the top two. Barely showing his neck. The long sleeves however were unbuttoned and rolled up to his elbows. He smelled of perfume like a flower tree but something was underneath. Not matter how much he washed he could never seem to get rid of the stench of burnt coal. It was faint but it was still there.

He would let out a breath as he tucked the pen behind his ear and was about to pour himself a glass of wine when he paused. A slight knock on his door drew his attention. A sly smile playing on his face as he quickly ran his hands through his jet black hair pushing it back from his eyes. Revealing a pair of dangling gold earings. Two golden stems with silver plated tips hanging down on his left ear just above his shoulders should he shrug. He would move with enough grace to make no noise crossing the carpet covered stone floor. The painted glass sending an artful amount of colors around his living room. Leather furniture of a cream color decorating it. An overhead fan spun steadily to keep the room itself cool. He would situate himself as he would reach for the door to appear comfortable and casual. His other arm leaning against the door so he would fill the opening. The door would open a little as he smiled. Keeping his eyes on the face of the pretty woman with some practiced talent. A true salesman wouldn't be tricked by such things.

"The Tomi residence, How might I be of service young lady? My name is Okane and my services cover a wide range."

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Kara
    Kara

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu

Post by Kara Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:04 am

Kara was nearly at a loss for words. Nearly. She was pleasantly taken aback by the handsome and well dressed man at the door who introduced himself as none other than Okane, she had been hoping for a person that she could consider a peer, but in truth her hopes had not been set that high. She noted that his gaze did not waver from her face, which she found acceptable; she was in fact dealing with a man of high breeding. As much as it was a boon to get her way based merely on her appearance, it was occasionally nice to be treated as an apparent equal.

Tipping her parasol back a bit so it rested on her shoulder she would gracefully scoop up the left side of her dress in one hand and afforded the man a subtle curtsy as she introduced herself. “My name is Doku Karasu, you may call me Kara. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Okane-san. I am here in the hopes of picking the brain, so to speak, of a fellow merchant. I admit I am new to the village and know almost no one.” Kara would release her skirt and gesture towards the interior of his home. “Might I come in out of the heat? It is nigh unbearable out here. Unless of course you would rather we met somewhere else? I would not want to impose on your home and privacy.”

Mistress Kara:
    Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:24 am

She would curtsy and an amused smile would spread across Okane's lips. His green eyes seemed to glint with mischief a moment before it was gone. She wanted in but also did not wish to intrude on his privacy or his home. "Privacy, Such a funny idea. In a world where men and women can see and hear through walls. One must never assume privacy is assured. Though, I suppose you can tell a lot about a man by the state of his castle. Or a woman by how she acts within it." He would offer a slight turned up point on either side of his lips before winking ever so slightly. His voice was like silk. Hypnotic and inviting while his eyes suggested there was adventure to be had just around the corner. He held himself with no slouching and somehow seemed to hold himself like an all seeing man. As if to tell a lie was to betray yourself to him. Still if this poor woman was here to rob him she likely would find very little of value in this part of the house and if she were to take anything without permission. Well he likely had more powerful friends than she did. After all he was yet to hear that name before that moment.

He would step to the side and open the door further in doing so. His movements seeming so fluid and graceful. As if the very wind carried him. Liberated from the same laws of physics as mere common mortals. He would open his free hand and outstretch it as if to invite her in. Only closing the door once all of her was inside. Next to the door was a long coat. Thin with fur or perhaps feathers or even both around the shoulders and black silk along the rest. He would walk through the living room simply expecting her to follow. All that decorated the walls was a painting of him above the fireplace in the center of the room and a shelf with an onyx circlet on it. Small horns curving upwards out of it. Once he was in the kitchen he would snatch up a bottle of cooled wine. A fairly expensive vintage by the look of it.

"Tell me Kara, Are you a fan of red wine?"

Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:54 am

Kara was charmed by the emerald eyed man, she thought she saw the barest hint of playfulness in the man’s eyes but she couldn’t be sure. Just as soon as she thought she recognized it, it was gone. What she definitely did not mistake was the grin and the subtle wink following his quip about decorum. Were it not for his silken voice carrying the words, she may have been offended at the very idea of impropriety on her part. Despite past evidence to the contrary she assumed she currently appeared nothing but respectable. If she were entirely honest with herself though, she had chosen this particular gown to purposefully give that appearance. So his assessment was fair she supposed, it was not as if she had never wreaked havoc and ran wild in her own way. Her response was a barely stifled laugh, like the tinkling of small bells in a gentle breeze.

Taking his gesture of invitation Kara would step forward across the threshold, only lowering and closing her parasol on the outside of the door once her pale skin was safely within his home. She let out a tiny sigh of relief as she felt the cooler air within, the marketplace was stifling what with its many people and fabric awnings. As the well dressed man closed the door behind her she would take a moment to look around for a coat stand, or someplace to leave her parasol. Finding the stand she would gingerly lean the parasol against itl next to an elaborate and beautiful coat that she would idly run a single finger down as she turned to follow him through into the house.

She was a bit surprised that he merely walked through without any sort of ceremony, although as he had said, you could learn a lot about someone by the state of their castle and their behaviour within it. As she followed behind Okane she looked about her surroundings, taking in an impression of the man as she did so. There were few decorations, a portrait above a fireplace, stunningly done and clear representation of how much he valued his own visage. Portraiture was a sign of vanity, not that she minded that concept at all, however it was displayed so prominently she assumed it was not mere vanity that led to its current placement. Perhaps a show of dominance or authority? A gift? She couldn’t fathom it, and mentally made a note to question him about it at some future point. The only other decoration that caught her eye was an onyx circlet with two horns protruding from what she assumed would be the front. It looked expertly made, and much as she wanted to pluck it from where it sat and examine it further, she fought her impulse and trailed after the graceful and powerful looking man.

As Okane picked up a bottle of wine, her eyes would light up. It had been quite some time since she had been offered a good glass of wine, and she would practically hold her breath until he asked if she was a fan or red wine. Gliding across the floor she would perch herself delicately on the edge of a seat before answering. “Is there any respectable person who isn’t? I would be most grateful for a glass if you are offering. I do appreciate your hospitality, especially considering I’ve told you little of myself. As I’ve said I am new to Sunagakure as I’ve spent most of my time travelling as doctor and apothecary. Being as this is a new village, I suppose there may be a void in my field? From what I’ve heard in the market if there was anyone that would know the answer to that it would be you.”

Mistress Kara:
    Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:01 am

"A void in your field. An amusing thought." He would smile a little before using a tool that screwed itself into the cork and then used levers to pull it free with a leverage system. The cork would pop loudly but go no where. He would unclasp the tool and set it as well as the cork on the kitchen counter. He would wave it under his nose and take a deep breath. Such a wonderful full bodied scent. Idly he would collect both glasses and fill them about halfway. A rich yet deeply darkened red colored liquid would pour into the crystal tall glasses held between his fingers. He would set the bottle next to the blue prints on the counter as he suspected they would drink more than the piddly amount he had poured for them. After he would grab two coasters and toss them down onto the marble top and set the glass of hers down on the one closest to her. Holding his own a moment while he found his seat. Crossing one knee over the other comfortably. He had a sort of elegance to him. Something not common found in men. At least not most men who valued brawn so highly.

"My dear the desert is simply begging for someone to come along and save it. The weak and injured crying out and yet mostly unheard. You likely can't get three blocks from here without spotting someone with a mistreated injury of some sort. The village isn't without its medical capabilities of course. I wonder though, Why did you choose the medical field? Solely for profit?" He would smile a moment before lifting the glass to his thin lips and sipping from it. Jade colored eyes watching her over the rim of his glass. He didn't hate those who only acted in ways which profited them. If anything he barely disliked them. All about the immediate small picture of how the world could serve them. No understanding of the big picture. Allies and friends who would go out of their way to help keep your dreams alive because once upon a time you did the same for them. Granted many would still go out of their way to refuse to acknowledge you but his name was well known. The village found him useful and his power was growing steadily. He would quietly await her answer as the tension built.

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:13 pm

The double entendre had been unintentional, though she was amused by his notice of and comment on it. She wasn’t fully committed to pursuing this line of conversation just yet, however being that she wasn’t necessarily uninterested she replied with a grin. “Amusing indeed, my good sir.” She would then resume her interest in her surroundings, taking in the elaborately decorated kitchen area and noticing the sheets of blue paper on the table. She’d recognize those tools anywhere, and a look of excitement crossed her face as she tried subtly craning her neck to get a closer look at the blueprints. It was probably rude of her, but finding someone who was perhaps also an engineer was thrilling; the more she found out about this man the more she liked him.

She would murmur her thanks as a crystal glass was poured and passed to her. Kara would carefully lift the glass by the stem, ensuring the heat from her hand wouldn’t spoil the current temperature of the wine within. As was proper, she would wait until her host imbibed, even though the thirst bit at her. Eating or drinking anything she found to be a lesson in self restraint and required just the smallest amount of masochism in her circles. The food and drink offered were always of the highest quality; you could smell the delicious aromas long before you ever lay eyes on the repast to come. However the laws of proper social behaviour dictated that one must pause and thoroughly enjoy without actually consuming. It was positively maddening to her at times, however she did realize that it made the true consumption all the more decadent for the wait. So she would wait, keeping her amber eyes trained on the raven haired man as he spoke in his hypnotic and dulcet tones.

“It sounds as though this city is in fact in need of me then. Quite fortunate I ended up here. As for my choice; it was rather more so chosen for me. I am the daughter of two rather esteemed surgeons, they travelled across the known lands for as long as I remember. I suspect they still do, they made it their life's work to tend to those in distress wherever they were. And so of course like any good child I followed in my parents footsteps. To a point of course, how can one be called a creator if they do not take what they have been given and make something more of it?” She would let her last sentence hang in the air as she raised her crystal glass to her lips taking a small sip and gestured to the blueprints with her free hand. “I have many talents that are both worth money and have become a passion, including one we seem to share. Are those plans yours, and would you mind if I perused them? I have no intention of copying your work, a fellow engineer is a breath of fresh air in this otherwise desolate place. I have seen very little that I would deem inspired in this new village, save for the greenhouse I saw outdoors. I did not get the chance to look at it’s craftsmanship as I was in quite a hurry to meet you, but from what I did see it looked marvelous.”

Mistress Kara:
    Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:57 pm

Okane would smile over his glass as he sipped the last of his wine. Her interest in his work was apparent and he couldn't resist the sense of pride building up within him. He was more than just a merchant. He was a genius. Able to bring forth life itself to a land that barely was able to sustain what it already had. He brought food and water to the desperate with science instead of an ever temporary suiton jutsu. He was a man of wealth and intellect and he knew it. Not to mention the way the people celebrated him and even hardened criminals left him to his own devices also played on his desires. He wanted to be universally loved and celebrated as the best there was in his field. His field being virtually everything. What he lacked however he could always gain allies to adhere to his needs by improving upon their own. He just needed to watch them closely and show a commitment to their needs in ways that benefited his own. She had sought him out though and it appeared she needed him as much as he needed her. A medical practitioner and an engineer? Oh how wonderful.

He would have finished his own glass as she inquired about the documents. He would hum thoughtfully as if he was really thinking about letting her look them over. Not letting on how excited he was by the prospect. He would top his glass off and then hers before settling back into a seat next to her instead of across from her. Showing he was comfortable being within her personal space but not so close as to be intimate. A simple move showing that he was not in the least bothered by her appearance as most men might be. Instead he spoke again. Smooth sounds escaping his perfect lips as Jade eyes seemed to study her. Brimming with some intelligence behind them. "I suppose there is. I am also responsible for the small river running through the center of the village. The green house was the second of my creations of that level. The fifteen story building being constructed towards the center of the village is also mine. As you may have heard the Stag Emporium is my brain child. A building that provides multiple levels for markets and banks for the first eight stories and then the next three floors are hotel rooms. The last three floors are a dozen living quarters for members of the board and the top floor is to be my private residence. We intend to expand further in the future. Even downwards for a research and development department underground. Of which I could use someone to head the department. Perhaps fate sent you my way. Build a second river crisscrossing the first and a second green house from these blue prints, and I would consider that your resume my dear. Do you prefer the suffix of doctor by the way?"

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:33 pm

Kara gratefully accepted her glass being filled a second time, even though she had barely touched her first. Seeing that Okane was content to continue drinking she followed suit, paying closer attention to the dark red liquid in her glass and consuming it at a more reasonable pace. She wasn’t exactly a lightweight when it came to imbibing, having done her fair share of partying, and now that she was here and in such lovely company she wanted to better enjoy herself.

As Okane switched seats she was amused that while he appeared comfortable in her presence she noted the, most likely intentional, gap left between them. A mischievous thought crossed her mind then probably due to the glass of wine bringing out thoughts of her less proper ways. As he spoke she would listen intently, giving him her full attention until she was asked whether she preferred being called Doctor. At which point she reached her hand over to Okane’s arm and delicately placed her fingers there as she spoke in a low tone. “You may call me whatever you wish Okane dear.” She would leave her hand there as long as he allowed it and continued in a more direct tone of voice. “Doctor is fine, though I am more used to being referred to as the Apothecary in various circles I have travelled in where it was unwise to use your true name.”

Placing her glass down on the provided coaster she would reach over and take the blueprints in one hand, being careful not to damage them and review his creations. She was pleased by the clean lines and inventions that possessed the type of intelligence she was looking for in a potential partner. “While I do appreciate ingenuity in engineering, and these are clearly the work of genius, you should know that my true passion lies in medicine, surgery and the creation of medical compounds. That being said, I’m happy to build these things you speak of; it seems you’ve done most of the work already. I’ll need somewhere to send the materials required and I assume you have a workspace of some kind? I have yet to acquire a lab or yard for such activities.”

Mistress Kara:
    Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:24 am

Okane would watch her with his jade eyes taking in every detail. His stare seemed to be filled with thought as he considered her every action. Still when she would be so bold as to place her hand upon him his eye brow would rise and something dangerous would flash across his face. He was clearly not interested in being seduced into anything beyond what he expected. He would remain silent with his eyes on her hand until she removed it. A sort of imminent warning about touching him without his permission. Somehow even without physical power to back it up it was becoming more clear Okane was an alpha among men. No interest in following along with the common man but in search of real power. Not personal strength but influence over others. She could be an excellent asset so long as one thing was to be made clear. He would not be manipulated into anything that profited him less. Everything broke down into raw data that few could comprehend even a portion of. He found that there was always a pattern and control over that pattern meant immortality in it's own way. His name would be immortalized in due time.

While one river was unlikely to do that his company was capable of much more. If present company were to extend her efforts just to prove her capability to him he would gain more to his name without the effort or resources expended. He would listen to her as she spoke of being more focused in the medical field and nod. She would finish speaking and he would look to the hands of the girl. Noting if she had calluses on those fine fingers. Finally he would speak in return. Not in a scolding tone in the slightest but rather a comfortable conversation. "You may have another field of interest in medicine and science in general. However the field we share is within the world of engineering. For me to assess your capabilities I need to see if you can manage that much. Your medicine will speak for itself in due time but your skill as an engineer will prove to me your capabilities. As for a space to work doctor, you may use my yard and tools. It will allow me to monitor your progress. When my new buildings construction has been completed we will move our work there. Agreed?"

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Kara almost laughed out loud at the reaction given by Okane. She didn’t, it would hardly help her situation at all to annoy the man, but it amused her nonetheless. She had wanted to see how far she could push him, and now she knew. She would remove her hand and smile demurely, repositioning her interest in the glass of wine she’d been served. She knew eventually she would get her way, she always did. It was just a matter of finding the correct angle. Everyone had a price, a place where they were willing to bend. And the more a person aspired to, the more they were willing to set aside in order to achieve it. Like herself for example, she was interested in engineering, but when it came to her true art, medicine, she was an indisputable prodigy. She even vastly overshadowed her teachers, her parents, and they had known it. It was why they had never turned her in to any authority, it would be like removing oxygen from the world; the world would not survive.

And so as the man explained that it was her skills as an engineer that would prove to him her capabilities, she fought the urge to laugh for a second time. Practiced in the arts of socializing however meant that she merely nodded as he spoke and kept a friendly and interested smile on her face. She could easily complete the task he asked of her, it was like child's play to someone like her. She already knew her own worth and had nothing to prove to this man or any other, so she was content to play along. If what he spoke of was not some far reaching dream, she would soon have a place to continue her operations and research, underground at that which was all the better. She just had to play by his rules for now. She would finish her glass of wine before answering, taking her time to mull over the proposition. “That seems agreeable enough I suppose. Though in the future, there will be no ‘monitoring of my progress’ when it comes to my fields of study, I would hate for anyone to accidentally blow themselves up or anything of the sort. I am quite content to work with you, however there is safety to consider and a chemistry lab is a dangerous place for those who don’t understand its value.” She would place her empty glass on the coaster and fold her hands together in her lap as she continued in an amicable tone. “Something I’m sure you understand Okane dear. However as long as we’re making agreements, I’m sure you can appreciate my wanting something out of it.”

Mistress Kara:
    Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 pm

Okane would smile as the hand was removed in a friendly way before sipping from his wine again. She hadn't happened across him by chance. It was all part of a plan to use his resources to gain power. He understood it as he did much the same with the village. She had just located the third most likely man to help her achieve her goals by word of mouth. The only other two were heavily associated with the village politics and other politics as well. He wouldn't mention the names of his investors after all. If he did she might not have any use for him. Still she mentioned having no one monitoring her progress and he would raise an eyebrow. His finger tapping on his wine glass before he sipped at it quietly. She had value but that was a red flag. Someone with an unsavory history wanting zero oversight. Her excuse of course was that it was dangerous. No one without a knowledge of chemicals should even be privy to any of it. He would smile as she continued all the same before speaking in return. His own voice was cheerful but a word of caution was in it.

"You would be the one observing any progress in the entire department. However it is my company and your actions will have to answer to me. There is nothing about chemicals that I am not familiar with. I received a great deal of education and practice on the subject so I can assure you I won't endanger your work. With that said my company can not be involved in a criminal scandal. If you break the law we won't simply cut ties. We will collect a severance from you. If the law demands it even as costly as your life. I am very serious about my work and name. As for wanting something of this arrangement, I wouldn't overlook what you are already getting. A state of the art facility with political ties, Presence among the people of the village or even fame, and a great deal of wealth to be had. What more could you ask for?" He would finish speaking as his finger tapped his glass again. Perhaps his ability to remain interested in something was whingeing. Perhaps he was tired of these superficial games. It was clear though he was simply growing impatient. "Lets not speak like some game. Speak plainly now."

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:49 am

Kara could see that she was not going to be getting what she wanted out of this conversation. It didn't matter though, she was getting more than she expected upon the first meeting. The fact that the man seemed not to appreciate her position was nothing new to her, he was being about as cordial as he could be expected to be given the circumstances. She listened to his speech about criminal activity with the sort of attentiveness required of the serious topic. She had strictly speaking not been involved in criminal activity in the past. But that was from a very technical standpoint. She had never run into issues with the law as there was little law to run into on the caravan trails. That thought did cause her concern though, she had best read up on the laws of this new village, there were certain things that were likely universal but it was always good to do your research. Setting her jaw and straightening her shoulders she would nod firmly as he asked her to speak plainly.

“I feel as though I have been unclear about my position. Firstly; I wholeheartedly agree that any unlawful activity should be held in check. I neither have ever, nor seek to engage in any unlawful activities. I am quite pleased that you do not either, I would not wish to have my name and the name of my family associated with such. What you propose is not unfair, I only wish to set out what I expect, plainly as you request. I take my work very seriously, and as such I would not accept any untrained workers or assistants within any space dedicated to the medical arts. It is dangerous for everyone involved, as I see you understand. I greatly appreciate the opportunity that has been presented, but as a fellow intellectual I’m sure you can sympathize with my desire for safety above all things. These types of requests were commonplace in my past dealings, and I do not wish to cause offense. As for what I want, pick any and all of the things you mentioned, all are noble causes in one way or another. I simply wish to practice my arts, if wealth and fame come as a result all the better.” She would relax a bit as she finished speaking more clearly and smile at her host. “One thing I can assure you of, you will not be disappointed in anything I create.”

Mistress Kara:
    Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:04 am

And so it was that two masters over their crafts had met in a humble home. Lost in the sands of the desert. Their conversation nothing less than a war of the wits and yet neither sought to engage the other in a hostile manner. They were people who saw beyond the basic picture before them. The whole canvas layed out as their minds whirled with life. Great things would come of this union. Even should there be a perversion to their creations they would rise to power together. Building something beyond just their names. A true legacy known through out the ages. Men like Alexander the great and Augustus Ceaser had their names recorded in history as conquerors and emperors. Through war and loyalty they had nearly taken the world. The war that the family names of Doku and Tomi faced was a much more difficult and cunning enemy. The generals of the enemy were poverty, desperation, greed and addiction. The slums of Suna would be where they started. The skies, land and sea would be the end. To them the world remained a goal they could achieve. Like the great men that even children heard stories of, Their names would be known.

Okane would smile as he held his glass up as a toast to her. His smile meeting his eyes as he seemed pleased with the outcome. "In that case allow me to assure you. There will be no one allowed within your space that you did not hire yourself. Or have at least vetted to go there. We shall endeavor to provide a level of security to the labs to promote safety as well as protecting our secrets. Madam, Mistress of the medical arts, I welcome you to The Stag Emporium. " He would wait for her to tap her glass to his before taking it and drinking the rest of it in one go. There was but one thing weighing on his mind. How much could he trust this woman who just arrived at his door? he was certain she would turn him a profit. And his promise to the village for helping it remain sustained was now going to be ever more fulfilled by her duplicating his crafts. He would set his glass down now. Feeling a little overcome by the amount he had drank but still perfectly fine. "There is a guest bedroom upstairs if you are yet to find a place. Once construction of my building is finished, you will be given a living space that you are free to decorate as you like of course. "

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:16 pm

Once Kara saw Okane smile she knew she’d hit upon the mark. She was pleased with his agreement to her conditions, small though they were. Normally she had left these sorts of dealing in the hands of her parents; she had watched them strike business deals of course, but doing it herself was a bit more thrilling. And difficult, only because people were often complicated and the subtle nuances of trade and business arrangements were things learned in practice more than through observation. As he welcomed her to the business she would raise her glass to him and tap his gently. “The welcome is most appreciated. I look forward to working with you.” Kara watched him finish his wine and set his glass down, seemingly finished with imbibing. Which was just fine with her, she very much enjoyed drinking and partying, but this was not a party, so the fun of it was all but gone.

When Okane mentioned a guest bedroom, she would delicately raise one eyebrow at the suggestion. She had her own accommodations of course, it was a strange offer to be sure. A space in his finished building however made more sense to her based on his explanation of it. She would place her wine glass down and smile back in kind. “Thank you for the kind offer, however I do have a modest home not far from here. However, A large suite in your upcoming construction would not go amiss. I am much more used to opulence and in a village that does not seem to offer it as yet. I am truly grateful for the consideration of my well being.” She would look over the blueprints still on the table, committing them to memory which would take but a moment and return her smiling visage to look at her host. “I assume you’ll keep me abreast of your plans, at least as they may influence me, which of course the favor will be reciprocated. Shall I begin my work immediately?”

Mistress Kara:
    Okane
    Okane

Post by Okane Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:51 pm

Okane would smile and watch her as she looked over the blue prints. Seeing the intellect in her eyes and appreciating that far more than any of her physical features. He would nod and speak quietly as she mentioned keeping her appraised. "Of course. Little to nothing will happen within the company without a report of it coming across your desk. I would consider how you wish to decorate your high rise apartment now as the building will be finished by the end of the week. For now, please allow me to show you out." He would set his own glass down and move to help her with her things by the door. He would offer a genuine smile to her as he opened the door and held it for her. Only once she left would he stand in the doorway and watch. She was a curiosity of course. Once she was out of sight he would close the door and return to his kitchen space. It wasn't often opportunity fell into his lap. His name being so prominent within the village certainly held its perks. He wondered idly if his retired old man had ever had business this simple.

Once he returned to his seat he poured himself another glass an turned his attention back to his work. Every day had the opportunity to expand the world in his image. A revolution from the broken, the poor and the supposedly damned. So many threw others under the proverbial bus to get ahead but his goals were above that. He found that by raising others with him his foundations were stronger. Strong enough to weather any storm. He would sip at his wine and smile to himself. A time would come when the world wished to use him as their stepping stone. Instead of being crushed underfoot in their wake he would push back. With the right allies and resources and the will to persevere he would become too powerful to simply be erased. His company would rival the power of major nations. For now he was just getting started but the revolution against the world had begun. He let his jade eyes look out the window to the setting sun. A cascade of beautiful oranges and reds. What a beautiful way to set the scene for the beginning. He would raise his glass foolishly to the sunset. He was a survivor.

exit thread

Stats:

Kara
    Kara

Character File

Post by Kara Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:38 am

Satisfied with the arrangement as it was Kara would nod amicably as she rose to take her leave. Giving a quick bow as she crossed the threshold she thanked Okane in a friendly tone. “I appreciate your time today, I do look forward to working with you Okane dear.” Her parasol held to block the sun and resting lightly on one shoulder she made her way out into the market and towards her home.

{Exit Thread}

Mistress Kara:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:15 pm