Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

5 posters

LBP Rewrite

Hana Kaguya
    Hana Kaguya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Taijutsu | Sensory | Ninjutsu| Kenjutsu | Water | Lightning
    Class: X
    Ryo: 10,000

LBP Rewrite Empty LBP Rewrite

Post by Hana Kaguya Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:51 am

This is a bit late, but it has been something on my mind since the most recent Hit Call Rule update. I feel the LBP system we currently have in place winds up being too powerful given all the loops a character must jump through in order to land a hit. A twelve-round ultimate chess move can be thwarted by what is essentially plot armor (destiny) with no explanation. This seems incredibly unfair as the attacker is basically left at the brink of exhaustion while their plot-armor opponent gets to essentially deal the coup de grace. Most serious conflicts become a matter of having LBP to spare or not. I feel LBP original purpose was to help prevent people from getting clapped over misreading a post. They served as a type of insurance for the player when they made their own mistake. When combined with the new Hit Call rules players generally have a much greater life span/success rate than normal.

I don't wish to see them removed, as I feel they are a neat mechanic. While I won't feel down if they do get removed, I think LBP can be rewritten to offer a softer version of the current abilities. My current take is:

Physical - Gives a +2 tier Unique Boost to a single stat for one round.
    Technique - Boosts technique power by +2 ranks for one round.
    Destiny - Allows a single "Old Fashion Precog" against one action.

Stamina: A (S w/Demon Bell)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A+
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

LBP Rewrite Empty Re: LBP Rewrite

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Not in favor of it. I feel it seriously depowers LBP. Even with the new Hit Call Rules, I'd prefer people still having an additional chance to save their characters.

Post by Akari Chinoike Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:38 am

I disagree, I think the LBP's need to be reworked.

Looking at it from the other side of the coin, it's a way for a low ranked character, who did EVERYTHING right, to get completely and utterly fucked because their target has a 'godmod point'.

Destiny points are pretty friggin cancer all in all.

At the end of it all, all they do is allow you to survive something you shouldn't have otherwise survived on your best day.

However, it's real draw is for those lower ranked people who sit there cowering in fear of the stronger characters with finished builds, who run around spouting their shit about 'their story would make them kill this person.' or 'Decimate this village with all these new people in it because my character doesn't like it because of -insert reason here-.' However with proper metagaming punishments, the majority of those situations go right out of the window.

Tell me how a destiny point is fair to the person who managed to get that hit in? Don't talk about how 'If they did it once they can do it again.' Everyone knows RP doesn't work that way.

Frankly, I see more opportunity for griefing in it than actual uses tbh.

Because if you're having to blow a Destiny point, then with our hit call rules the way they are you had to

1. Have had no way to avoid the attack and therefore the damage
    2. Have had no way to get out of the situation you've been placed in in a good enough position to function at the level the controller of said character wants them to.

It's legitimately just a 'get out of jail free' card to use on someone who had you dead to rights. How is that fair?

Frankly, I disagree with Xur about a LBP rework, I think they should be removed altogether, but the way they are now, at least the destiny points, is way too damn strong.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 171,375
    Stats:

• Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: C
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: N/A
    Link to Known Techniques: See Character Updates.
    Emiki-Chan
    Emiki-Chan

Post by Emiki-Chan Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:35 am

I disagree. On the flip side.

It allows an underpowered character the chance to survive a more powerful opponent, or a player new to combat the chance to survive a fuck up they've made.

And they are in essence super limited. Sure a more powerful opponent could use it against a weaker, but nerfing it removes it's usefulness as a N00B condom that gives them a chance to save their characters.
    Chen Kimyōnakama
    Chen Kimyōnakama

Character File
    Skills & Elements: All
    Class: X
    Ryo: All of It

Post by Chen Kimyōnakama Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:46 pm

I also disagree but I'm open to hearing more opinions on this before staff takes it up and repeals it. If there is overwhelming dislike of them, they may be removed.

Stamina: A
    Speed: D
    Coordination: D
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: S

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content