Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

Love Summons, Give them their Groove Back

Enkai
    Enkai

Love Summons, Give them their Groove Back Empty Love Summons, Give them their Groove Back

Post by Enkai Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Okay a community thread for Kuchiyose.

------------

Personally my thoughts.

I think Custom Jutsu for the Summons should be free.

1) Jiraiya didn't know Genjtusu, but there was the Ma and Pa Genjutsu; one frog literally had the ability to be a living Seal (something that was unique to it, and Jiraiya didn't have to create first.

2) That one Chixor with the Flute. Her Summons were controlled by playing musical instruments. That was unique to those Summons.

3) Snake Boss had the ability to make a Genjutsu that was flawless in hiding it's true self.

4) Slug Summons could break into pieces, and had super healing Jutsu. Something unique to it.

5) The Chamelon Summon had the ability to make Flawless Illusions that looked, felt, and hit all of the senses perfectly. Or near perfectly at least.

All or even most of these things were utterly unique to the Summon itself.

Yes, you had Combination attacks that could be made, or learned (something outside the limited slots we have with summons).

--------

So I personally think we need to be allowed to make Custom Jutsu for a Summon using Skills it has, rather than the Skill Slots the PC has. Especially if we have limited jutsu slots to work off of.

With the PC only needing to know Jutsu for Combination attacks. Like Earth for Toad Oil. and Fire to set it off; or Musical Instruments to do Jutsu through them.

--------

I also think that a Summon should be able to learn more Jutsu if trained in it, and it can't universal learn (maybe a WC increase to make it harder to grind Jutsu knowledge on them.).

The Music Instrument ones knew Lots of unique Jutsu.

Some only had 1 Jutsu.

Others, were shown to be able to learn new ones. (Unless I'm remembering wrong).

--------

But mostly I think that we should allow Unique Jutsu that only belongs to that Summon, or that Summon Group / Type, to be a thing. Rather than the PC needing to learn it.

And possibly, maybe the ability to train more unique Jutsu /normal for the Summon at a higher WC.

Stuff Made: None yet.

Gear Owned:

pink = Kimiko
    hotpink = Etsu
    deeppink = Kana
    Ei Kanagawa
    Ei Kanagawa

Love Summons, Give them their Groove Back Empty Re: Love Summons, Give them their Groove Back

Post by Ei Kanagawa Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Summons already can app their own custom jutsu, and are allowed two skill points from the contract. In addition to these two skill points summons can make custom Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, or Genjutsu, as they're the three basic shinobi skills.

Love Summons, Give them their Groove Back Empty Re: Love Summons, Give them their Groove Back

Post by Enkai Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Ei Kanagawa wrote:Summons already can app their own custom jutsu, and are allowed two skill points from the contract. In addition to these two skill points summons can make custom Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, or Genjutsu, as they're the three basic shinobi skills.

Nope. Your character has to be able to know it in order for them to know it.

They can't get a fully custom Jutsu unique to them. Either you're chara knows the skill, and can make the Jutsu, or you're SoL.

So let's say I have Nin, Tai, Kyo, and Kuchi.

But the Summon has Fuun.

I can't make a Gen, or a Fuuin for said Summon. Since I don't have those skills.

Stuff Made: None yet.

Gear Owned:

pink = Kimiko
    hotpink = Etsu
    deeppink = Kana
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:04 pm

Enkai wrote:
    Ei Kanagawa wrote:Summons already can app their own custom jutsu, and are allowed two skill points from the contract. In addition to these two skill points summons can make custom Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, or Genjutsu, as they're the three basic shinobi skills.

Nope. Your character has to be able to know it in order for them to know it.

They can't get a fully custom Jutsu unique to them. Either you're chara knows the skill, and can make the Jutsu, or you're SoL.

So let's say I have Nin, Tai, Kyo, and Kuchi.

But the Summon has Fuun.

I can't make a Gen, or a Fuuin for said Summon. Since I don't have those skills.

This is not true. I don't know why you think this.

There are universal rules that govern the limitations of Summoning Contracts as a whole. Contracts are only allowed a singular element (cannot be an advanced element) from which to perform Elemental Ninjutsu. Contracts may access Taijutsu, Genjutsu, and Ninjutsu (both learning canon jutsu and player designed custom jutsu) as part of the broad array of techniques that they may draw from. They are also allowed a single additional Skill from which to utilize other techniques (basically Sensory, Ijutsu, Fuuin, Buki. So anything not Tai, Gen, or Nin which they already have access to). Summons receive whatever perks are listed in the relevant Skill descriptions posted here

Just to quote the rules, it says they're allowed to use player designed custom jutsu. In addition, I've apped many summons already that have done this and gotten them approved.

Post by Emiki-Chan Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 am

Yes it is true. Nyg said it himself. So if you want them to have a unique Jutsu, you better be able to make it.

Yes. Player designed. But the player needs to have the skill slot to make said custom. At least that's what Nyg siad.
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:03 am

Love Summons, Give them their Groove Back SxGSlVX

Love Summons, Give them their Groove Back J2zTWTA

Post by Emiki-Chan Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:37 am

Fuck yes! Then I misheard, or misasked. Nonetheless. My Jutsu concerns are over.
    -------

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 am