Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Wandering

Irui Mikiri
    Irui Mikiri

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Lightning, Water, Wind, Storm, Dark
    Class: S
    Ryo:

Wandering Empty Wandering

Post by Irui Mikiri Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:48 pm

Irui found himself once again, wandering along the route designated for foreign visitors. Clearly marked, with vibrant signage, and barrier seals, it was intended to prevent Exam attendess from getting a bit too "curious". Glumly he stopped at the intersection, and looked up and down the side-streets.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me...." He grumbled to himself as he looked dejectedly at a local dumpling shop standing mere feet beyond the barrier. The boy stood before the concrete barrier, arms crossed over his chest, and cast a glance at the sides. Could he squeeze himself through there-- or maybe over there? Would that old lady mind if he carried her groceries to her apartment? His stomach growled, loudly.

"Stupid tourism board, with their stupid rules, and their stupid maps...." He continued to himself and turned on his heel. "I didn't want that stupid ramen anyways! I'll go live off expensive concession food, and hope I die of diabetes. Then you'll be sorry!"

He swept the square, head bobbing from one shop to the next. "Guess its fried chicken.... Again."

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Wandering Empty Re: Wandering

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:31 pm

Kitsuiki was standing in line at the local dumpling shop when someone caught her eye. The Kumo Cheat! she thought as she spied him walking away from the Kiri-Only sign. The girl was wearing her typical uniform complete with suit jacket, blouse, brooch, dress pants, and riding boots. Her ultra-curly hair banded and bunched into a series of Afro-pigtails. The girl's Angel peaked out from the bundle of hair occasionally. Kitsuki remembered that this stranger had almost caused Verdandi to fail the exams and she had a mind to punish him for it.

The anger quickly subsided though. The purpose of the exam was to cheat and while she didn't approve of such methods she could not fault Irui for essentially doing what was expected of them. Being from Kumo, it was unlikely he knew better. The girl left her place in line and hopped over the barrier. She quietly followed him from behind and quickened her pace. Her goal was to catch up to him and confront him before he spotted her. If she was successful, Irui would feel a light tap on his shoulder. If he turned around he'd see a young black girl roughly his age. She had her arms folded and a cold expression on her face.

He'd almost certainly recognize her as the girl from the first round of the Chuunin Exams.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:52 am

Tap

"Hey Tsu--Oh?" Irui turned to look straight into the face of a familiar dark-skinned girl. She was dressed elegantly, in a form fitting outfit and blouse. Hardly the usual fashion he'd seen in the Hidden Mist, of Haori's and more coastal clothing.

He took a polite step back. "

Ah, I...." Irui paused, spying the movement on her shoulder. "I remember you from the exams! Glad to see you passed!" He said and smiled lightly, offering a handshake with his right hand.

Absentmindedly, he'd been so occupied by the thought of food, he'd forgotten the Mikiri's code of conduct: Be cautious of strangers. His thoughts drifted immediately to home-- what would the Elders say, what would his mother say to this? His expression faltered, and so too did his hand.

"I-I'm sorry, that was overzealous of me." He apologized nervously, and dropped his hand to his side. The Hidden Mist was new, full of cultural unknowns, habits, and traditions. The last thing he wanted to do was offend one of its Shinobi, and as memory served him, a potentially powerful one at that.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Kitsuki was mildly surprised that he was all smiles when it came to seeing her. She expected him to be the broody and stand-offish sort. At least he had some manners about himself. Kit kept her arms folded and stared at the out stretched hand. It appeared he thought better of the gesture and soon retracted it. He apologized and said his act was overzealous. It was. Although Kitsuki was not angry at him for being over-friendly, she was angry at him for being filled with low-cunning.

"Attacking the polar bear was a bit much....the written portion wasn't a battle, it was a test. I know you did what you thought you had to but try to be mindful of your environment when you act up. The girl whose polar bear you disturbed is a friend of mine and I was concerned she might fail because of your antics."

It might have been unfair of Kitsuki to hold his actions against him, but she wanted to get this off of her chest. Right or wrong venting to him directly was preferable to gossiping about him behind his back.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:00 am

I see

Irui nonchalantly scratched the back of his neck, tilting his head as he digested the response. Her forthrightness about the exam had caught him off-guard. Wasn't the exam supposed to be a test of their individual abilities, to make decisions with minimal information? He sighed, and stuffed his hand into his pocket, letting the silence settle in for just a second longer.

She was a righteous one; someone who believed fairness, equality, and justice even in a higher pressure environment. As he recollected, her own chakra signature had been fluttering madly until the last moments of the test. Perhaps using the Genjutsu on the bear, an unsuspecting creature, was low, but this Kunoichi had done something to him. It hadn't been a genjutsu, all he knew was her chakra suddenly burned with the intensity of the sun, with overwhelming ferocity.

His jaw set, and his expression cooled. He'd been pitted against a team of 3 Kirigakure Shinobi, and a squad of Konohagakure Shinobi, and she expected him to apologize? Especially after her own stunt?

"Antics....?" He echoed after a moment. "A test is a test, whether in the classroom, or on the battlefield," He thought back to the the Church and the Mikiri. "There are no rules, only resources. You're welcome to your opinion, but I saw an opening and I took it." Irui contested, an edge sharpening on his throaty voice. The boy tempered himself, knowing full well that this was her Hidden Village, and unlike the Kunoichi, he had no team. Lady Mora had dispatched him to the Hidden Mist on the promise he'd succeed.

Irui sighed heavily, his temper deflating. Sooner or later he'd have to return to the Hidden Cloud, and there was no doubt word had already reached the village.

He angled his face, and jabbed a thumb at the bandage poking out of his collar. Despite the medical treatment from the Exam's proctors, the wounds still stung. "Besides...." He scowled, "If you're looking for retribution, I got mine in the second round."

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:35 pm

Irui was not sorry. In truth, he had no reason to be. He stated his case plainly and logically. No rules only resources... Kitsuki pursed her lips. He was correct regarding how their line of work was conducted but that didn't make it right. Maybe it wasn't his fault that they worked in such an dishonorable profession, but then it became incumbent upon them to change the profession. She knitted her brow in anger that she could not refute what he said even though it did not sit right with her.

He then mentioned that he got his comeuppance in the second round. She spied his bandage and took it to mean that he wasn't moving on to the next round of the Exams. Kitsuki felt better upon hearing that. He was talented but not the sort of person she'd like to see become a Chuunin. He was also from Kumogakure which in her opinion was one of the most dangerous countries in the world. She remembered what the Twins had said and wondered if this strange young man also had a relationship with the infamous Shimiko Chinoike.

"Hmph." She said not moved by his apparent defeat. "You disturbed Verdandi's bear using Genjutsu I assume, if you want to become a better ninja you have to rely on more than just deception" She thought to her deal with Verdandi, Rini, Yui and Yua, as well as Miyu Ryuutei. "Sometimes honesty and cooperation work best. I guess that's what the Exams are meant to teach in the first place. There are many tools in our arsenal but I find its all too common shinobi tend to pick the most unethical ones without even thinking of more just possibilities"

That was more of the WASP talking than Kit.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:11 pm

She was clearly displeased, and let it show.

Deception was the first principle of shinobi life. Always be thinking one step ahead of the opponent, and always look for an opening. She thoroughly disproved of his use of Genjutsu, that was evident as well, but then did she expect her opponent's to behave in battle? Would opponent's take turns, or perhaps loudly scream their attacks with dramatic fashion?  The two of them were clearly at an impasse.

Honesty and cooperation had never been a core tenant of the Mikiri Clan. From the day a child received his first test, they were pitted against one another. Irui never knew when the next challenge would come. One by one, his father said children would fail a test.  Fail more than two and the clan's leadership would never send another. It was a way of pruning the Clan of its weakest links, preparing them for the final and most important test of all; a test his own father had failed somehow. So when a man named Morikawa had been chosen to be his Sensei, Irui had naively that thought that fortune had smiled upon him-- the'd receive tutelage from an older Mikiri.

A trap had been set. Where, or how, Irui knew he'd never discover it, but just as quickly as Morikawa had arrived, he'd been relieved of his duties. Partnering with Tsuki Tatsuda had been the closest to cooperation and comradery he'd experienced, and still he'd failed, and been left behind. Now a Kunoichi touted honesty and cooperation, belittling him for circumstances beyond his control. It left a bitter taste in his mouth.

She had the luxury of a team to fall back on, of Hidden Mist shinobi to back her up.

"Unfortunately I've never had the luxury of cooperation, or teamwork," He admitted, but nobody could in their right mind claim the exams fostered ethics. "Don't fool yourself, the Exams have never been about teaching cooperation or for that matter, ethics. The Villages pit their youngest to compete in a sensational bloodsport, fighting in an arena to the death, and on a stage, and you wonder why shinobi resort to deception and unethical modes of combat?" Irui challenged.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:54 am

Kitsuki watched as Irui considered her words. It was as if she was reminding him of a rather unpleasant memory or idea. Either what she was saying was a total anethema to him or it brought up some deep insecurities. She wasn't going to back down on this though. Part of her Nindo was to be demonstrate that kindness and justice was more powerful than deceit and selfishness. Irui confessed that he had never had the luxury of cooperation or teamwork. Kitsuki found this to be disturbing. It could have been the nature of Kumogakure's training philosophy or perhaps a custom of his own Clan. The idea of not being partnered for missions and training was strange but it did explain his contemptuous behavior. Kituski decided that she wouldn't feel sorry for him. It was no excuse for his low cunning and it only made her more eager to show him the error of his ways.

He countered that the Chuunin Exams was little more than glorified bloodsport. It wasn't about cooperation and unity, it was about domination and superiority. Under such circumstances, he couldn't be blamed for resorting to deception. Kituski balled her hands into fist. It was unladylike to get so riled up over a foreigner's words but she couldn't help herself.

He's wrong!
    "You're wrong!"

She blurted out the words passionately.  Kit wasn't so used to being so forceful and speaking her mind out loud. But this was a special case. She kept her composure and relaxed her hands.

"Unlike you, I actually managed to pass the second portion of the Exams" Kitsuki was literally the last girl to go around bragging about her accomplishments. It wasn't in her nature to be so mean and haughty even in a competitive enviroment. She had gotten enough of that back at the WASP. However, if Irui is going to talk down on her philosophy she figured there was no harm in taking him down a peg or two. " Part of the reason I passed was because I worked well with my teammate and I was able to forge alliances with would-be enemies. Now I'm going into the Final Round of the Chuunin Exams completely rested, without major injuries, and without even having to reveal my secret techniques. Its called working together and maybe instead of going about the world in pity for yourself you should learn a thing or two about it....I can teach you if want"

She added on the last bit as a concilatory gesture. A show that she wasn't here to berate him or make him feel bad. She was here to help him. Just like Zizz was here to help her.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:10 pm

"You're wrong!" The words flew from her throat. "Unlike you, I actually managed to pass the second portion of the Exams!"

Irui's eyes widened, and he opened his mouth only to press his lips together firmly. He knew when and where to pick his battles, and this was a losing battlefield. She spoke with such passion, and reverence for the institutions she held dear. "Part of the reason I passed was because I worked well with my teammate and I was able to forge alliances with would-be enemies. Now I'm going into the Final Round of the Chuunin Exams completely rested, without major injuries, and without even having to reveal my secret techniques." She paused in her barrage,"Its called working together and maybe instead of going about the world in pity for yourself you should learn a thing or two about it....I can teach you if want."

Pitying himself?! He prickled at the words. He wasn't pitying himself he was stating truths, maybe to her it appeared to be pining for sympathy. The exams were only a moment of competititve sport between the nations; an attempt to create the illusion of peace and camaraderie. They put civilians at ease, and gave them a show, sating their appetites for entertainment. They were a disguise as he saw it for intelligence gathering. Why wait for war when your operatives could see future field commanders  in action?

After all, wasn't she observing him the same way he had analyzed her comrades in the classroom? He'd sensed the fluctuations in their chakra-- Wind Style from the beast-tamer, an aptitude for Yang Release in the boy, and of course her own talent. None of it was much use to Lady Mora, but here in the present, Irui knew that Kitsuki was not one to handle lightly. Her genjutsu--if that's what it had been--was something marvelous. But a good Spymaster knew when to choose a path of least resistance. If they escalated, it would only draw attention. Something that he knew neither the village, nor his family wanted for international relations.

Perhaps she was genuinely trying to help him. She'd seen how he'd come into the exams, separated entirely from the Hidden Cloud, and when thrust into the second round had paid dearly for not developing cohesion with others. There was opportunity here.

He sighed heavily, and shook his head, his expression softening.

"Look-- I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot. This is my first time in the Chuunin Exams, let alone another country." He scratched the back of his neck. "I wouldn't mind the help, but given how everything is set up--" He nodded to the numerous barriers directing traffic for Foreign and Kirigakure personnel "--I wouldn't want you to get in trouble with your Jounin or worse."

There was an old saying in the Hidden Cloud-- A storm could either nourish with the rain or destroy with lightning. He chose the former.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:39 am

Kitsuki's words were having an effect on him. He appeared to back off considerably once she had finished her tirade. She wasn't sure how much of this was him just trying to get her off his back or him genuinely reconsidering his ways. She assumed the former but she hoped for the latter. He apologized for them getting off on the wrong foot and while he appreciated her help, he reminded her of the barriers between them both physical and metaphorical. She wanted to believe he was being genuine but he was much too crafty for her to just accept his words at face value. She also became aware that her behavior was bordering on unprofessional. He wasn't a Nin of her own village. How he conducted his affairs was his prerogative and that of his superiors. So long as he obeyed the laws of Kiri and respected the general peace, she had no right to berate him. She had yelled at him because she thought him wrong but ultimately she was just a genin herself. They could debate ideals but it was futile. Neither would convince the other. She took a moment to consider his words and then nodded.

"No...I'm sorry not for what I said but how I said it....I shouldn't have yelled....I just want you to consider how you approach our profession. We're the next generation and just because we've been taught to distrust one another that doesn't mean we need to pass that down to those who come after us" The gist of what she was saying was something she herself had been taught at the WASP. There was a bit of irony in her trying to undo years of military brainwashing. Her own outlook was a product of military brainwashing albeit one with altruistic intentions.

She extended a hand for him to shake.

"We don't have to be friends, or allies, or even comrades. Let's settle for...rivals of mutual respect and admiration" Out of every single genin in the classroom. Irui was the only one with the balls and the wit to steal the Professor's rubric. She may not approve of his methods but there was no doubt he'd be a fine shinobi in time. Perhaps if they got to know each other outside of the confines of the village system, she might be able to win him over to the side of good. Or maybe they'd remain on opposite sides of the proverbial fence. Watching each other and if necessary checking each  other on the battlefield like two pieces on a chessboard.

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Irui Mikiri Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:19 am

"No...I'm sorry not for what I said but how I said it...." She replied, "I shouldn't have yelled....I just want you to consider how you approach our profession. We're the next generation and just because we've been taught to distrust one another that doesn't mean we need to pass that down to those who come after us"

The first rule of being a shinobi, was to always expect deception and to use it to gain the upperhand. It was engrained in them from the moment they entered the academy, to the end of their lives. The shinobi code of conduct was complex and rigorously upheld, and despite being seen as a sign of "honor", shinobi rarely were honorable in battle. There was no honor in a kunai knife to the throat. He listened intently, and nodded in understanding.

Then much to his surprise, she reached out a hand, and for the longest second, he could only stare at it, surprised by the gesture.

"We don't have to be friends, or allies, or even comrades. Let's settle for...rivals of mutual respect and admiration" Kit explained, her expression warming slightly.

Rivals?

Irui clasped her hand and shook it. They'd be rivals then.

"Rivals we'll be then." He returned, and released her hand. Movement on the adjacent rooftops caught his eye, and he look over his shoulder to the Hidden Mist team perched above. They'd heard the argument and come to observe. He had to admire the speed with which they'd moved to protect her, and knew it was his time to depart.

"I look forward to seeing you in the future." He said, and turned to slip into the crowds.

[tentative exit]

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:28 pm

Irui accepted her handshake. She knew he was smart enough not to try anything dirty with so many ninja around and part of her believed that as sneaky as he could be, Irui agreed with her assessment of their relationship. Kit's eyes followed Irui to the rooftop nearby. The argument had drawn their attention and so it was probably best for the hooded boy to make himself scarce. He slipped into the crowd from there and she wondered if she would ever see him again. Kit's eyes widened as she realized something and she turned around to call out to him but by then he was already gone. Kit turned the way she had came and gave a sigh.

"I forgot to ask him his name..."

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:18 am