Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

A delivery

Okane
    Okane

A delivery Empty A delivery

Post by Okane Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:10 pm

A delivery 41d2c8778cd363cd738bddfe82520c88903afa55_00

Jubu had traveled without incident but the briefcase shackled to his wrist as starting to agitate. He had slipped on some bandages around his wrist to help with the chafing and it had worked wonders. Still he found himself at the gates. Green hair in the wind as he stepped out of the carriage with a long coat and a briefcase. He would provide his travel papers and wait for them to be acknowledged. When asked if he was here on business he would state he had a delivery for a lady Shimiko. He didn't much care for observing their reaction if any but asked that word be sent to her. Once his papers were returned to him the driver would go and park the carriage. They would be spending the night after all. For now he told them he would be visiting the nearby tea shop. After all Jubu was highly interested in the local tea flavors. Surely no one would attack him inside of the village gates. So he would wander across the street and settle into a table for two. Ordering the local brew of course and settling in with the briefcase kept close in his lap.
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

A delivery Empty Re: A delivery

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:51 pm

Shimiko arrived at the gates as excited as a child on Christmas morning. The ANBU was wearing her full load-out including her Chinowakagumi Armour, custom melody arms, tessen, and her previous Sai. By the way she was dressed, everyone at the gates could tell that she meant business. The smile on her face was the only thing that set them at ease. She spoke to the gates captain and he informed her of where the courier had gone. She waltzed over to the local tea shop and looked around until she saw a man matching the appropriate description. Shimiko practically glided into the seat across from him. She had spied the briefcase in his lap and how it was handcuffed to his wrist. My babies have gotta be in there!

The girl was so bouncy and cheerful, you'd think that she had just arrived for a hot date. Everything about her body language exuded excitement and joy. She began to hit the table with her index fingers as if performing a drum roll. Could this really be the feared Shimiko Chinoike of Kumogakure?

"Aaaaaaand you must be Jubu! Got something for me?"

Post by Okane Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:34 pm

Jubu would quietly sip his tea a moment. Enjoying the local flavor. It was crisp but sweet. He would hum to himself a moment to enjoy the peace between traveling. This particular package had been very valuable so he was rather happy to be almost rid of it. He was capable of course but not against any real impressive odds. Still as a woman sat across from him looking rather excited he would raise an eye brow. She was stocked up for a battle it seemed. Ready to attack the city gates maybe if she didn't seem rather peaceful. She drummed her hands on the table and he would smile. His masters work seemed to have brought forth some excitement. He would nod as she mentioned his name. He didn't ask for ID or anything. Instead he would scoot his tea to the side calmly. Making room for the briefcase to set it with the front facing her still attached to the wrist. The briefcase itself was white and heavy duty. It was still shackled to the young man but he would speak to her. His smile matching his voice.

"Assuming you are lady Shimiko yes. My master took a trace of your chakra from your letter. Singling your own signature out and applying it to the lock. He made sure the case will only open when you touch it. If you are who you say you are, these will soon be revealed to you." Within the case sat the two Sai. Black as midnight but dotted with spots like stars in the night sky. An inscription ran along the length of the blade above the guard. Glowing blue like fire in the right light. Waiting for her to touch them and claim them.

Renown: 4600
    Ryo: 2,064,100
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: C
    • Stamina: B
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:20 pm

Shimiko's eyes widened as the briefcase was set on the table. The aquamarie of her pupils dilated as the moment of truth finally arrived. Jubu began to speak and as he did it was something straight out of a moving picture. He declared that his master, a true genius, had designed a lock specifically for her. One that would only open if she touched. The Stag Emporium was by far the most professional and high end weapons selling service on the planet. BBB couldn't hope to compete with them. That was fine as far as she was concerned, she wasn't trying to be the best weapon-smith in the world. She'd gladly cede that title to Okane.

"Fancy! I like it!" she said cheerfully as she reached out and touched the case. The container sprang open and she was greeted with two jet black but star encrusted Sai with a light inscription that glowed blue. Shimiko giggled and reached for the objects and touched them. They had the craftsmanship of a god. She removed the Sai from the briefcase and held one in each hand. She spun them playfully and whispered to herself "In the name of Jashin...this....this is perfect..." She was so mesmerized by the beauty and majesty of these weapons that she almost forgot that Jubu was there. "Your master is blessed beyond words....please give him my thanks....I have a feeling him and I will be working together very closely in the future" Shimiko spoke to Jubu but her eyes were on the Sai. She gripped them tightly and continued jabbing, spinning, and slashing at the air. It was like a child testing a new toy. Her voice was excited but it was like she wasn't even speaking to Okane. She was in a whole new world now.

Post by Okane Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:34 am

Jubu would smile and sip his tea. She seemed significantly impressed with the work in front of her. Truth was this was Jubu's first time laying eyes on them. Truly they stood out among other weapons. A master craft with the Stag symbol on the handle under the wraps. Marked as one of Okane's creations and truly one of a kind. All his art had been poured into it. It had been an obsession of Jubu's masters but now it was complete and delivered. Jubu would make sure the shackles were completely detached from the case and rub his wrists before finishing his tea as she practiced with them. Perfectly balanced. They could be placed on their tips and they wouldn't fall over. He would speak in return as she spoke to him. Keeping his place in mind.

"I will relay your compliment to my master. Those there are made of an metal called midnight ore of my own masters design. They should break through any lesser metals easily. Along with that he did manage to get the enchantment down exactly as you had requested. I am sure you are eager to test them. Perhaps one of the guards have an extra sword or something we can set up? Oh and the case will only open for you from now on. It's yours too keep as well. "

Stats:

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3005-tomi-okane
    Link to Known Techniques: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3029-okane-tomi-updates#23588
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:01 pm

"Hm...Midnight ore" it was a material that she had never heard of before but then again she could tell by the feel and appearance of the weapons that Okane was not working with typical crafter fare.

"Why thank you!" Shimiko tucked the Sai away on her person and grabbed the briefcase. She slid it towards herself and examined it. It'd take a true genius to make something like this. It reminded her a bit of Natsuru. The Senou would love a creation like this, she was always into engineering all sorts of gizmos and gadgets. Shimiko put the briefcase and thoughts of her old friend aside and told Okane.

"I'll try them out later...I need to take them to the Church first to be prayed over. If a weapon is not blessed by Jashin, is it really a weapon?" she asked rhetorically. She didn't want to force her faith on Jubu but the girl had certain spiritual principles that she needed to stick to. "You're welcome to stay in Kumo as long as you like...any hotel of your choosing, I hereby proclaim you an honored guest of this city!" she said with a brilliant smile. Shimiko leaned over the table and asked Jubu a question.

"So this Stag Emporium is based in Suna yeah? What's the deal with that village? It was pretty much a lawless hell hole for the past few years and now the greatest weapons crafter on Earth chooses to set up shop there? What's going with that?"

Shimiko had gotten what she wanted and the shininess of her new toys were but a momentary distraction to her real job. As acting Kage she needed to gather information about the other villages and that meant pursuing every lead. That included the handsome gentleman that had delivered her babies to her.

Post by Okane Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Jubu would smile and raise an eyebrow at the spiritual aspect of things. Not that he really minded. Religion didn't strike him as anything short of a professional stance on life. Much like how he liked things with a plan and a certain order to things religion did too. Often there were requirements and that set an order to things. In this case when one acquired a weapon it had to be blessed. He had been eager to see it proven but he was also confident in his Masters capabilities. He would tilt his head a little in passing thought over it. As for the proclamation of any hotel of his choosing he smiled and bowed deeply. He was going to live in comfort tonight. The best hotel in town was his goal with the softest beds. Though her next inquiry was more concerning. This could be the friendly version of asking. If she intended to ask in an unfriendly way he may have a hard time escaping. Though such was the life of a courier. She didn't seem like the type to order torture on someone....but one could never really know. Still he would slowly raise from his bow and speak in return. His hands held up to indicate he was helpless with a smile that closed his eyes mostly.

"I do apologize KazeKage-sama but I can not speak much on the subject. If not law, order is being brought to the nation. Stag emporium is dedicated to improving the living situation of any country it attaches itself to. Already they have brought forth water and food when it was in shortage. It is a project of my masters. Something you may be unaware of though if I may be so bold. His talents are not limited to weapons. If you need anything, He is also an engineer, an enchanter, a chemist and an armor smith. He also has access to medicinal crafts as well."

Stats:

Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:50 pm

Jubu's perception of Shimiko was gravely mistaken. She was indeed the type to torture someone. Although her appearance didn't make it obvious, there was no limit to what Shimiko was willing to do to protect her interests: Family, Church, and Country in that order. She could tell that he was pleased with her hotel offer but just by the way he raised his hands defensively, she knew that the answer he intended to give would disappoint her. Shimiko didn't take it personally. While she was more than willing to torture, maim, and kill to get information, she also recognized a potential ally when she saw one. The information regarding Suna was not nearly as valuable as the Stag Emporium's friendship. Any crafter who could make the Badger's Claws was far more important than some trifling intel on a formerly defunct state.

She smiled as he spoke, reassuring him that she was not offended by his disinclination to speak on the subject. He did let her know that the Stag Emporium was dedicated to humanitarian endeavors. She took this to mean that they were at least partially responsible for the stabilizing forces that kept the village running. After all, food and water were essential to preventing anarchy. Master Okane was talented in many fields apparently. This explained his genius when it came to weapons crafting, for if one were to be the best then they should have more than a cursory knowledge of their adjacent fields. Shimiko nodded and leaned back in her chair.

"I completely understand. I didn't mean to overstep, I just think its remarkable really and given your master's philanthropic endeavors I can see why Suna would fight to keep him. Let him know that Kumo welcomes his business and that I'd be honored to meet him one day"

Shimiko was about to order something for herself so that she could toast with Jubu when the door suddenly opened. A pale and frantic guard rushed over to her seat and whispered something in her ear. The man's voice was so low that Jubu would be unable to hear. The guard didn't need to say much. All he needed to do was whisper a few key words. He barely had time to move out of the way before Shimiko rushed out of the establishment at a maximum speed without saying a word.

No goodbyes. No excuses. No apologies.

It appeared that Jubu had been left hanging as the Chinoike had more important business to attend to.

The guard would apologize on her behalf and mention that if he sought to continue their conversation then perhaps it'd be best to give her a few days before reaching out. It was sage advice. Advice that Jubu would do well to heed.

Exit w/ Bagder's Claws

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:47 pm