Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

I Was Once A Man

Bones!
    Bones!

Village : Kirigakure

I Was Once A Man Empty I Was Once A Man

Post by Bones! Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:24 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    She looked over from the side of the bed, the large figure buried under cloth. It wasn't time yet. She looked over to her husband as he lay in bed. He was peaceful when he was sleeping. He was silent at least.

Ever since he started to drink more aggressively, he would turn into fits of rage without warning. Often, taken out on their son, but now, the maids. Since he had lost any strength to stand on his own, Rei had done enough to keep him alive, but not enough to heal. She would nod her head, only for her eyes to fall upon the shape in the corner of the room. It was tucked away, and for once, the idea of it would linger in her mind.

Rei would get up from her bed, taking the blankets and shirts off of it to uncover her old puppet. It was covered in dust and bits of stains here and there, but mostly in good shape. The time spent unmoved would link it's joints together. She would look away from her husband, only to lift up her puppet, leaving the room with it.

She would walk out of her own home, taking a walk to her warehouse, only to place it within her workshop. For what she was hoping would just be a few minutes, would turn into hours, and the rest of the day. Sanding all of the stale spots. Greasing the joints so they moved again. At the end of the day, it would be back in working order.

She removed the metal gloves to inspect the hands. All of the inner workings bonded. She would remove them from the puppet, taking each finger apart. Hours would be spent until the late hours past midnight. Each piece put back together as she held her oldest toy

"Go home, Rei."

"Not yet."

". . . Why do you still have that old thing?"

"I like to remember."

"Why? We were practically slaves to them."

". . . I like to remember how good it is now."

"I suppose."

"Do you still have yours?"

"Only the hands."

"Oh, can I-" She turned her head. She wanted to see the hands her brother had kept after all of these years. All of those careful engravines.

But Kaisaki was nowhere to be found. She looked back at the puppet. "I suppose you'll be a good gift then."

[Ojin Puppet restored Crafted.]
    Strength: B || Constitution: D(C)|| Stamina: C || Speed: B ||
    Coordination: B+ || Intelligence: C || Perception: B
    110/110 Chakra

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:26 am