Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

When silence reigns

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Village : N/A

When silence reigns  Empty When silence reigns

Post by Sero Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:34 pm

The isle of whispers was not known to be a kind place. Nothing kind of heart stirred in the swamps with dead branches stretching out through thick mists as silence held this place. Like a fist tightened around a throat. Any sound made seemed to echo as even the beasts beneath the surface hardly stirred. Nothing here could be claimed. No riches or power. Only death would await those who wandered too deep within or remained too long. Such was not a place for the normal man. However just on the other side of a wide river from this isle was another. Thick tree's void of leaves resided on the other side of the river from this place. As if even this close the woods had slowly been consumed by the death that lingered across the river. Nothing stirred in those dead branches. The soil housed no wheat or other food. However along the river was one cave with one soul within. A soul so tainted it seemed this part of the woods was darker than the rest. Something here held the air like a child holding it's breath hiding from monsters. The things we believed in as children that lurked in our closets and in the dark corners of our rooms. Scratching at the glass and just out of sight. Waiting for us to sleep. The reason children slept with a light on at night. Fearing the boogeyman would come for them in their sleep. That boogeyman now seemed to live within this cave.

It was so quiet there. The mist clung to the ground like a blanket. Slowly swirling here and there over pools of water that threatened to swallow up anything that might wander too far in. The cave mouth seemed to almost be drinking the mist with Stalagmites and Stalactites rising from the floor and dripping from the ceiling like a great maw filled with darkness awaiting whoever may enter such a place. However something felt off within the reaches of the cave just outside the isle of whispers. As if something had escaped from there and taken up residence across the river protecting the isle next door. There was something deep within that seemed to be waiting. As if it could see out into the world from deep within and waited for those foolish enough to enter into it's domain. A hunger hanging in the air that seemed to almost give the cave life. A breeze passing by hit the cave in just the right way that it seemed to growl almost.

Within the cave it seemed to sink lower into the earth. A pathway following it down. The only sign of life was the stream running down the side of the path and the broken cobwebs of someone having just recently come through. Deep down into the cave it grew darker and darker as the mist seemed to continue to pour into this place until there was a light ahead. A fire flickering with life down as the tunnel leveled out and moved into a large opening. There the vaulted ceiling had an opening which allowed in natural light through a man sized hole above. Mold grew on the walls and a pool of water settled in the center. Off to the side though there was a thin man who sat by the fire warming himself. A rat perhaps or something like it had the skin and guts pulled out and off. Bait for later. A long and sharp bone pierced through it as it cooked over the fire. Sero sat there waiting as hunger had begun to rule him. He was not disgusted by his meal choice. He didn't care. He was sitting there in stained white pants with shinobi sandals over black socks. A black shirt with a vneck revealing his pale features and a doctors coat over him as if for warmth. His blue hair sat wildly about his features with one long bang hanging in his face. Cold blue eyes watching the pool with no sense of life or emotion to them. Along the right side of his face was a bone jaw with closed teeth separate from his mouth. As if the skin there had long since faded away.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

When silence reigns  Empty Re: When silence reigns

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:45 pm

Kitsuki gingerly made her way into the mouth of the cave. In her left hand she gripped her bow, a beautiful and majestic weapon. It was a dark black with golden fringes and a single arrow notched. Kitsuki drew the arrow back and aimed Amicus Curiae at the dark figure sitting within the shadows. Kitsuki's heart was racing and she wasn't sure why. When Kirigakure had asked her to investigate strange happenings near the Isle of Whispers, she was rather concerned. The Isles itself was a forbidden zone and was treated more or less the same as Chernobyl would be. Civilians and military alike were told away to stay away from its corrosive effect on the mind. Those who entered the area rarely returned and if they did they were driven permanently mad. They were put in such a state of incoherence that they were often put down by their family. This small cave wasn't on the Isle of Whispers and thus immune to whatever horrors lay on the island but it was clear from various complaints and intelligence reports that someone or something was causing a disturbance. Sensors had ruled out any extension of the Isle's aura, however, someone was causing trouble and it needed to be dealt with before they caused a panic.

Kitsuki had arrived with a small squadron of chuunin that were now canvassing the area around the cave. As squad leader it was Kitsuki's task to find out what was going on. The sensors alerted her to the presence of a human in the cave. She insisted on approaching the figure alone. She could handle the situation and she didn't want the deaths of her men on her conscience. Kitsuki pointed the arrow at the man. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up as she noticed he had a piece of bone attached to his jaw. Squinting in the darkness, she called out to the man:

"Halt! Stay right where you are....no sudden movements. You are adjacent to a restricted area, please identify yourself."

Zizz was hiding in the folds of Kitsuki's hair and the Angel was on high alert. The petite alien was sensitive to the emotions, auras, and general dispositions of others. Yet what she sensed from this man, no this being, was something far beyond anything she'd encounter while on Earth. The Twins were bad, as was Miyu, but there was a level of malevolence at work here that exceeded a Tailed Beast or worse yet their creators. Kit knew something was up just based on how still and quiet Zizz was.

ⴽⵉⵜ ⴱⴻ ⵛⴰⵔⴻⴼⵓⵍ
    ⵉ ⵀⴰⵠⴻ ⵀⵉⵎ ⵉⵏ ⵎⵢ ⵙⵉⴳⵀⵜⵙ. ⵀⴻ ⵉⵙⵏ'ⵜ ⴳoⵉⵏⴳ ⴰⵏⵢⵡⵀⴻⵔⴻ....

In that moment, the fear and uncertainty vanished. Kitsuki's eyes shone a brilliant gold for a single second. She was determined to find out what this man's intentions were. She'd protect her village at all costs even if it meant facing down the devil himself.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Sero Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:08 pm

The breeze seemed to stir as she approached. The shadows dancing along the walls as she moved. Perhaps it was a trick of the cave or the breeze itself. It was so cold within the cave. One might have thought winter had never left this place. The only sound was the slight drip of water from the stalactites as she entered. The mist swirling away from her as she moved. Already she saw the man sitting within as if this was now his home. She would take aim at him and tell him to stay put. No sudden movements. Slowly Sero would raise his head. Taking in a deep breath as cold eyes observed her. Like ice they stared into her eyes as they seemed to search for something. As if those eyes could see her very soul and what taint resided within. What blood was on her hands. He would close his eyes a moment later as he inhaled but it seemed like those eyes had held hers for an eternity. Whatever madness was here, it came from him. Shadows seemed to stretch from him as his own shadow seemed so frail yet hungry. Like a wild animal soon to consume.

"I can feel it...your fear is different from those outside. From those in the hospital....you have put down monsters before haven't you?"

He would let his eyes open again as that cold gaze would take her in. His meal interrupted as the light of the flames flickered across his face. He would obey the command though. Staying seated and only removing the creature from the fire slowly. He didn't seem to fear her bow nor the idea of death. Consumption of nutrients was required and so he bit into the charred flesh. Pulling a piece off the back with his teeth as he watched her. This idea of a restricted area interested him but he had set his mind to food first. No sudden movements but he did have a weapon in hand now. The skewer used to cook the meat. His eyes never seemed to leave her or blink. It was as if he was mesmerized by her. He would pause after a couple of bites and swallow. As he did there were sounds in the cave. Perhaps it was the breeze again, like distant whispers and a low growl along the cavern walls. Oh how the shadows seemed to stretch around her here. He would speak once more as he watched. Always watching.

"The hospital called me Sero. But that place if part of the past now. Here I am free.....have you come to take that freedom from me?" There was a hint of danger to that last question. Surely this frail, pale man was no threat to her or the men outside. It looked like he could barely walk. Yet the growl echoed across the chamber again as he questioned on if she was to take something from him. Still he complied with all her wishes.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000

Stats
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (B+ lifestyle)
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: A
    • Speed: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:56 am

When Sero made eye contact with Kitsuki she instinctively raised her bow and drew it backwards. The cave was so quiet that even the sound of the string stretching was louder than it had any right to be. Kit's heartbeat quickened as she saw nothing but darkness behind those cold eyes. Like a huntress finding the ultimate predator, she was tempted to put him down right then and there but something stayed her hand. It caused her to hesitate long enough for him to speak to her directly.

"I can feel it...your fear is different from those outside. From those in the hospital....you have put down monsters before haven't you?"

Kit gritted her teeth and stared the man down.

".....Yes. And I'll do it again if I have to do"

She kept her weapon trained on him. He had been feasting on something like a savage. Kit was a table-mannered woman and so it disgusted her to see him eat so hungrily. It was as if he was more beast than man, but then again, no beast in known taxonomy gave off the hell that seemed to emanate from every inch of his body. He appeared to comply with her request and in acknowledgement of that compliance she lowered her bow a hair. He once more referenced "the hospital" and said that they had named him Sero. He said he was now free and he questioned her intentions for being here. It seemed as though he believed that she would take him prisoner. Kitsuki took a deep breath and lowered the bow even more.

"....Sero. Is it okay if I call you that?" the way he spoke made it sound like it was something that they had scarred him with. Kitsuki had a feeling that this "hospital" he was referring to was not some generic hospital in the city of Kirigakure. If it was then she'd need to have words with the Mizukage. Whatever that place had done to him, the being before her regarded it as some kind of prison. Perhaps it was the reason he was the way he was. A man in flesh but a monster in spirit.

If he indicated that using that name was okay, she'd continue:

"I'm not here to take your freedom away from you Sero but unless you tell me more about who you are, where you came from, and what you're doing here....other people are going to want to take you in. Being this close to the forbidden zone is bad for you....and if it isn't...." Kit was alluding to the fact that because of this man's bizarre aura he might not be so bothered by the Isle of Whispers. "...then the bare fact that you are living here could cause a national panic. I need you to work with me on this okay? Can you do that?"

She did not want to patronize him but she did not want to antagonize him either. She was being soft and gentle because it was clear to her that his last "home" was anything but. The man felt more free and at peace in a cave eating bushmeat than he did within civilization. That was bad. Kit was still wary of this demon but through the power of her Angel she was able to display an emotion that was nearly impossible given the circumstances: Compassion.

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:21 am

She would inquire if she could call him Sero and there would be a pause. He had never considered another name, not once. He hadn't seen the need to. His designation was suited to him he had thought. He would slowly nod. Indicating it was acceptable. Still he would watch her. Those cold eyes always watching. She would explain that even if she was not here to take his freedom others would come. That he needed to work with her if he was to come out on top with this. Or at least that was his understanding. That bow, his eyes shifted as his head tilted. Examining it. A simple thing a bow...yet potentially devastating. Yet he did not seem to fear it. He seemed to look at it as if it were a toy she was playing with. She mentioned a forbidden zone and national panic. Finally inquiring if he would work with her. In a sudden movement, almost unnatural those unblinking eyes would snap to look back at her own. A growl would reverberate in the cave as whispers echoed more audibly this time. For a moment it was like liquid slid across his face. His lips turning into a nearly transparent liquid revealing his teeth beneath before he shuddered and his skin returned to normal.

With his meal finished he would toss the bones to the side. Seemingly ridding himself of the only weapon on his person. Slowly he would shift to move almost idly across the room. Yet with each step he kept the same pace away from her. No sudden movements, no threats. Yet when he moved it was like being stalked by a predator. Like a cat slowly circling a bird. She was the one who was armed, she was the one who held the advantage here. Yet it felt like he might as well. He would drag his pale fingers along the wall as he moved over to the pool of water. Dark marks dragging along behind where his fingers touched and then back to normal. As if his very touch was tainted. Finally he would reach the pool and shift down to sit on his knees before reaching out with his right hand and touching the surface of the water. The clear liquid seeming to turn black and murky at his touch as he absorbed some liquid to drink after his meal. Only once he retreated his hand did the water slowly seem to return to normal. Finally he would speak in return.

"Did you know you're parents? Spend any time bonding as humans do? Perhaps a picnic or playing catch. Memories of harsh words and life lessons taught. I have none of those. I was considered an abomination from birth by the clans of my parents. In particular the Kaguya had told my father to end me. He certainly tried. To his dying breath he tried. A mere freshly born infant tossed at a wall. The fact that the infant survived him at all was a surprise. However it would leave me in a crippled state for my entire life. Imprisoned in my own body as I waited to gain strength. One gains a lot of time to reflect in twenty years in a secluded wing of the hospital. Most of the time alone because others feared me. As well they should. You see, in our darkest hours, it is darkness that will push back darkness. I was born to punish the wicked and spread fear in their tainted hearts. It is here I slowly gain the strength to do so. You can feel it can't you? That sensation near me. I have become as unto death as you are unto a warrior. You came out here likely because people felt disturbed by me. What better place for a beast to reside than a place where no one dares go?"

Stats

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:28 pm

When she asked if he'd cooperate, the sudden flash of anger caused her to raise her bow once more. She held her breath and pointed it directly at him. The aura seemed to pulse at the mere suggestion of leaving this place and for a split-second he had taken on the visage of a demon. Kitsuki aimed the weapon directly for his chest. If she loosed it, it'd strike centimetres from his heart. It wouldn't be a killing blow but it'd hurt like hell. When he stood and walked towards the wall her bow followed him. When he raised her hands she had to warn him.

"Hands down" she insisted. She couldn't afford to take risks when it came to an unknown entity such as this. When he had been eating that was one thing but whatever he intended to do now involved his hands and that could jeopardize her and her subordinates.

When he started speaking again she didn't lower her bow. She kept it trained on him but she listened to every word he said. When he asked her if she had fond memories of her parents, she gave a slow nod. Sero went on to describe experiencing severe abuse at the hands of his father. He was a Kaguya. She knew how they carried themselves. After the massacre of the clan elders she had always assumed that there obsession with ideological purity had died with the Old Guard. Not so. Sero had survived his father's attempted murder but he had spent the next years of his life in a hospital. She now understood. Whatever he had become, it was at least partially a product of the cruelty he knew at birth. He claimed that he was on the side of good. That the experienced had created a desire in him to destroy evil with his own darkness. Whatever the Isle of Whispers were and whatever its influence was, it was making him stronger. He wanted to make his home here precisely because no other human could stand to be here.

Kitsuki swallowed and considered his speech. At this juncture she could fire off and take him in by force. She could beat him. She was sure of it. But maybe that would only make things worse in the long-term. With the Blood Prison gone there weren't many places to hold such an anomaly. He'd escape from whatever containment they tried to put him in and it might turn him against them. For now it appeared that his intentions were good even if his spirit reeked of horror. She needed to keep him on the right path. It wasn't as shiny and golden as her own but it was the right path.

"I.....I'm sorry your father did that to you. What he did was pure evil and you're right to hate it. You're right to hate evil, believe me, there is a lot of it in this world and you can take your power....whatever it is and you can use it to destroy them but you can't do it alone. That's why the village exists...to protect you from those who try to harm you and to stand beside you when you fight against the darkness."

Kitsuki got a bad feeling about him but she knew that lightness and darkness were two ends of the same spectrum. One could not exist without the other.

"Come with me. Come back to Kirigakure. We will run some tests and make sure you aren't a danger to yourself or any of the civilians. If you do that and it checks out, I will personally speak to the Emperor and ask him for a permit so that you can live here. Its dangerous....it might cause some concern but I'll work behind the scenes to make sure you can live where you feel comfortable. Your surrounded in darkness but you want to do good. I can help you...you just have to let me."

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:46 pm

Sero would pause as she spoke a single warning to him. Telling him to put his hands down. Cold blue eyes would look to her as the entirety of them flushed pitch black for a moment. It was like looking into the depths of emptiness. Like death awaited in the depths of those eyes. Like looking into the end of ones destiny and seeing the end. However it faded after a moment as Sero reigned in his temper. He didn't much like being ordered or threatened. Not that she was doing anything more than her duty. Still he would begrudgingly lower his hands and keep them to his side. Pausing in his musings as he watched the tip of that arrow. His eyes returning to that cold blue. Like he may freeze the soul of those he preys upon. It was difficult to imagine how he may have turned out this way. How he was born as such a monstrous thing. He would turn fully to her and hold his hands out at his hips with the palms facing forward. As if to show her he held no weapon. Not that he needed one. Not that he wasn't able to produce one.

She would speak of sorrow for him and understanding. Acceptance of who he was and he would audibly scoff. He would roll his neck with the audible sound of bones cracking. As if the concept of her understanding him had put a crick in his neck. He would slowly glance at the reflection of himself in the water. His reflection blurred aside from the dark shadow it cast over it. Like he was surrounded by some hidden thing that consumed all reason around him. He would take a breath before slowly he would settle back to sit upon a rock. Crossing his legs under him and placing each hand on the matching knee. Sitting straight backed as he watched her. Reasoning out her words in his head. He was silent for a moment at the mention of running tests on him and bringing him back to the village. A low growl would echo once more along the cave walls as those eyes stared into hers. Never blinking. Never moving. No emotion within them. When he finally spoke the echo of whispers in the cave seemed more distant. The danger was still present but he didn't seem to be making any move against her.

"I can not return to the village. I will serve, I will be of service. But the village is no place for me. If I were to move through it, nightmares would be left in my wake. The people would be stirred by a fear they do not deserve or understand. If the devil should walk the streets he would be more welcome than I. If you wish for tests, the hospital in your village has twenty years of them on me. Designation Sero. Speak with your emperor as you wish but soon, with or without your help I will begin my hunt. The wicked shall suffer me. The night will be my playground. If you think that arrow will solve your problems, I assure you I have merely been politely entertaining you. It can not harm me so you may as well put it away. Before it offends me."

Stats

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:17 pm

Sero stared at her and for a moment, Kit thought that she might have a fight on her hands. The Kurahasa was expecting him to attack her just on the basis of eye contact alone. He appeared angry and his natural inclination to project darkness only heightened her fight or flight instincts.

Don't do it.... she thought to herself.

Instead, Sero showed his palms. He wasn't looking for a battle but just going off his reaction to her speech, she could tell that he was less than impressed. He sat on a nearby rock, totally unmoved by her plea. When he growled at the mention of the hospital, Kitsuki knew that she had struck a nerve. She immediately understood. There was no scenario where he went back to that institution, at least not peacefully. Kit figured that she might be able to offer a compromise solution but instead Sero bluntly stated that the village was no place for him. He was of course correct, but that didn't mean he was free to loiter so close to the Isle of Whispers. When Sero declared that he had no intention of cooperating, Kitsuki took a breath. Time was running out and so was her patience.

She didn't put the bow away. It was possible he was bluffing but on the off-chance he was not, she had other means of incapacitating the strange man. She hoped it wouldn't need to come to that but she prepared a technique just in case.

"....Look I get where you're coming from. The village won't work. The hospital won't work. But this isn't negotiable. You're coming with me and you're coming now. I'll set up a makeshift tent, it won't be near the city. They are just going to ask you some questions and gather some information. That's the absolute most I can offer you Sero. This weapon isn't what you need to worry about. Its the entire village coming after you out of fear. Don't give them an excuse...come with me...please"

Kitsuki stressed the last word. She sincerely hoped he'd come to his senses. If not, then they'd both be regretting this encounter.

1 Technique Prepared
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Sero would watch her with cold eyes as she spoke. Regarding her in such a way that it was impossible to tell if he was about to launch across the room and attempt to take her head off or if he would simply remain where he was. He seemed to listen though and not make any sudden movements. Yet he also didn't seem alarmed at the situation. Himself being unarmed and helpless by all appearances in comparison to the woman with the bow and her men outside. However one might not state she had control of the situation. At least she was remaining polite. Or as polite as one did when barging into a persons home with weapons drawn and making demands. Or threats even. However Sero was not one to respond well to threats. Instead he would rise to his feet slowly and move down towards her. Each step slow and deliberate as he didn't charge or hesitate either. It seemed he held some truth to his words of not fearing her arrow. Instead he would stop a mere couple of meters from her. His hand indicating that he would like to pass as he tilted his head and pointed to the water.

"I mean you no harm guardian of the village. That said this back and forth is tiresome. This is my home and those who follow me share it. I do not seek to have a confrontation should they return to find me surrounded. Such things should be avoided. I seek to settle by the pool where I feel most at peace."

If allowed he would move to settle on a rock as he casually crossed his legs under himself. His hands moved in front of him as his fingers danced. A simple bit of chakra practice as the water shifted and lifted before sliding back into itself. No big aggressive movements and no hand signs. Instead he would stare into the water as the light from above cast a shimmering reflection on his pale skin. He would speak as he toyed with the water without looking to the girl anymore.

"Haruka Kaguya....Does the name mean anything to you? She claimed to be the current Mizukage and then claimed my services for the village in return for her protection....If this is a false claim I will join you to you're tent briefly and establish a true relationship between our worlds. If it is not, than you already know I will refuse to leave this place as would be within my rights I suppose. Although you are free to make your inquiries here human. Although....I will not tell you again to lower your weapon. Not within my own home."

Stats

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:33 pm

When Sero began to walk towards her, Kit raised the bow to firing height and drew it as far back as she could.

"Stop! Halt! Not another step closer!" she warned. The shinobi at the mouth of the cave crept closer but in accordance with her commands they did not enter. Kitsuki held her breath as she prepared to fire when he suddenly stopped. He did not attack. Instead, he reiterated his desire to be left alone. He stated that he shared the island with another group of people termed "those who follow me."

He has followers?

Kitsuki watched as Sero, true to his word, went to the pool and relaxed. He refused to fight her but he also refused to comply with her demands. Kitsuki would have never imagined that this monster would be taking the route of passive resistance. Unsure of how to deal with this act of civil disobedience, Kitsuki hesitated. By Kiri Law she was within her rights to fire on him and take him into custody and yet she could not. There was something about attacking an unarmed and peaceful man in his own home that did not sit right with her.

I have to....he's a threat. I won't hurt him, I just need him t-

Before Kitsuki could complete the thought, Sero spoke again. This time with words that held much more stopping power. He casually name dropped Haruko Kaguya, the Mizukage of Kirigakure no Sato. Kitsuki froze. Sero informed her that Haruko had recruited him in exchange for his allegiance to the village. The name was right but the circumstances were beyond strange. Kit tried to focus on what he was saying but her mind was tuning him out.

Haruko struck a deal with him? So then why was I sent here? Was the Office of the Emperor hoping an altercation would take place?

It wasn't inconceivable that the administrative bureaucracy saw Sero as a threat whereas Haruko saw him as a potential ally. The Yuki-Kaguya was not one to let fear rule her decision-making. Kitsuki was working it out in her head when she caught the last few words he had said to her. He asked now for perhaps the third time for her to lower her weapon. She looked at him and bit her lip as she made a snap judgment call. Kitsuki lowered her bow and pointed it to the ground. It was no longer a threat to the living void in front of her.

Kitsuki wasn't sure if he was telling the truth but Sero did not come across to her as a liar. She struggled with what to do when she heard a voice call out to her from within.

ⵉ ⵜⵀⵉⵏⴽ ⵀⴻ'ⵙ ⵜⴻⵍⵍⵉⵏⴳ ⵜⵀⴻ ⵜⵔⵓⵜⵀ ⴽⵉⵜⵙⵓⴽⵉ

Kitsuki decided to listen to the voice of reason that had been guiding her throughout the turbulence of the war. She slung her bow over her shoulder and slipped the arrow into a quiver. She gave him a defiant stare before speaking.

"Yes, Haruko Kaguya is the Mizukage. I will inquire with her about this "deal" and if it checks out then you have my word that you won't be disturbed again. For now, I'm going to decide to believe you.....I apologize for the intrusion Sero-san" Kitsuki gave a traditional bow. It was a genuine show of contrition. He was probably telling the truth and that meant she had nearly accosted him for no good reason. Kit straightened up but her demeanor was no less severe. She would give him a final warning. "But. If you're lying to me. I will be back with a force twice as strong. There won't be any negotiation and we won't come knocking politely." Kit left the rest up to his imagination.

The WASP graduate turned to leave but before she could, Zizz floated out of her hair and towards Sero. Kitsuki felt her heart jump as the Angel flew. Kit didn't speak or move. She didn't want Zizz getting to close to him. Yet she knew if she showed too much fear or concern, it'd highlight a vulnerability of her's. A pressure point. As the Angel drew closer to him, she shone brighter, lighting up the cave and beating back the unnatural shadows he cast. It appeared the closer to his aura she got, the brighter she shone until she was a living beacon of grace. The uncertainty on the creature's face was visible though. As she drew close, it was clear that every inch she advanced caused her to slow down. After what felt like an eternity, she was a mere foot from his head. She reached out to touch his face when Kitsuki yelled:

"Zizz!"

As if remembering her place, the guardian Angel floated away from Sero. Zizz slingshoted back to Kit and nestled within her hair. The Chuunin then turned and marched out of the cave. Although she had her back turned away from the monster, Zizz peeked out from the folds of her curls to stare at him.

What was that?!
    ⵉ ⵡⴰⵏⵜⴻⴷ ⵜo ⴼⴻⴻⵍ ⵀⵉⵎ oⵓⵜ. ⵙⴻⴻ ⵡⵀⴰⵜ ⴽⵉⵏⴷ oⴼ pⴻⵔⵙoⵏ ⵀⴻ ⵡⴰⵙ oⵔ ⵉⴼ ⵀⴻ ⵡⴰⵙ ⴰ pⴻⵔⵙoⵏ ⴰⵜ ⴰⵍⵍ.
    And?
    ⵉ ⴷoⵏ'ⵜ ⴽⵏoⵡ...

The implications of that statement were rather concerning, but Kit compartmentalized it for now. Sero would be left alone and she'd speak to Haruko about this arrangement. For the time being, he'd be left in peace, or in as much peace as one like him could enjoy.

Exit
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:45 am

Sero would tilt his head as she lowered her bow. Cold blue eyes watching her as he listened. She admitted the name he had dropped was the current Mizukage. Even going so far as to apologize. Though that apology came with a warning. One that he supposed extended beyond lies to if he became a problem for the village. They would come for him in force and it would not be so polite. The corners of his lips actually moved now as little more than a twitch. But for a moment it was almost as if he smiled as the whispers hushed in the dark cave. He did not respond other than a nod but something about the threat seemed to bring some excitement to him. Despite the truth of the matter he seemed to relish the idea of a force coming to take him down. To relish the idea of an impossible battle. They would not underestimate him that much he was sure of. Yet still some part of him was seeking out impossible battles. He needed to seek his destiny soon. To go out of the cave at the mizukages bidding and eliminate the villages enemies. To make examples of them. For they were many but the mass of criminals would soon know fear.

The woman would turn to excuse herself and Sero would remain still a moment. He did not wish to alarm her further if she was currently intending to leave him in peace. However his eyes caught something no one but a blind man could miss. A glowing tiny being emerged from her hair. She called out to it alarmed. Naming it Zizz. Honestly Sero had never seen anything like it. His head tilted but he held his ground as it drew closer. The shadows around him attempting to gather but as the being drew closer they failed entirely. The sense of dread being pushed back and for a moment Sero felt empty of his darkness. The light was almost too much to bear as Zizz drew close to his face. Reaching out to touch him. However the memory of her calling it zizz felt like an echo. Like it hadn't happened yet and was about to. Like deja vu. It was so close and as it almost touched him there was a sense of peace in the room. As if perhaps he was not the demon he thought himself to be. Perhaps he was more the angel of vengeance. A being created to bring justice to those who had suffered for too long.

Than she called to Zizz and he felt like it had happened already but knew it did not. Zizz would zoom off and the light would fade as the two left his cave. The shadows and sense of dread returning to the cave. Sero would watch them leave as the shadows licked at him and stretched up his legs like fire. As if they had missed him for the moment that they had been forced away. He would wait for them to leave without a word. Once he was alone he would look down to his own right hand and clench it into a fist. That feeling of peace had been so odd to him. A unique sensation that was now gone. He wondered if that being had been the entire cause or if perhaps there was more to him than darkness. It didn't matter though. He needed to continue to prepare for the upcoming missions. He had no way of knowing that as the forces of Kiri left there was another man from the forbidden lands across the river waiting. Coming for Sero to make him into a tool of chaos.

exit
    6 posts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:23 am