Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Should artifacts be modifiable?

Mort
    Mort

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: E
    Ryo: 0

Should artifacts be modifiable? Empty Should artifacts be modifiable?

Post by Mort Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:27 pm

Should Artifact weapons like the 7 kiri swords and the like be able to be changed by a crafter? Currently you could change the Sword of Totsuka into an X-rank Bow, and all you need to have is S-rank crafting in order to do so. Personally I don't think they should be able to be changed at all, but this isn't canon and things are malleable. Even so, a person being able to alter an X-rank item while only having S-class skill feels like a bit of a stretch and removes the mystique of the weapons. As such I propose that if you want to have an artifact altered the person who is altering it should have the Master Crafting Enhanced State Restricted from now on. It shouldn't use up a yearly crafting slot to modify as the weapon already exists, but it still gives weight to the power of artifacts as they're not easy to get your hands on.

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Raiton, Fuuton, Ninjutsu
    Class: D
    Ryo: 0

Should artifacts be modifiable? Empty Re: Should artifacts be modifiable?

Post by Koji Uchiha Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:29 pm

I personally think they shouldn't be able to be changed at all.
    Uchiha Akihiro
    Uchiha Akihiro

Character File
    Skills & Elements:
    Class: X
    Ryo: a looot

Post by Uchiha Akihiro Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:24 pm

Should Artifact weapons like the 7 kiri swords and the like be able to be changed by a crafter?

Nope.
    Canon artifacts shouldn't be altered at all. They're part of what makes the naruto universe enjoyable to us. Samehada is very recognizable...now imagine I had it and turned it into a bow. Ew.

And in order to be fair, Custom artifacts shouldn't be able to be altered either. What you craft is what you get. You can't alter a sword after it has been tempered, lel
    The only exception to this would be puppets, whose modular nature should allow modifications.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 pm