Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Down a Rabbit Hole

Seiryu
    Seiryu

Village : N/A

Down a Rabbit Hole Empty Down a Rabbit Hole

Post by Seiryu Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:37 pm

A light tapping of wood could be heard in the near vicinity, just outside of the town known to many as Oikana. This was his first trek to this part of the world, never having ventured from the mainland of the Western Elemental Nations. The Land of Water – a weird name when he truly thought about it – was a place that Seiryu hadn’t visited in his years of idle travel; he had taken a ferry from the Land of Noodles to eventually to arrive at this place; one of the many islands of the Water Country. The main villages of this country, and many others, he had not come across and was pleased with the result. Seiryu had heard rumblings over the years of the politics that were involved with the major Shinobi villages, and it was sufficient to say that it was something he would continually avoid while his life allowed for it.

The town of Oikana, one that he hadn’t yet explored, only having arrived the night before and taking a night’s sleep under the moon, was known to be marvelled for its seafood. Currently, Seiryu had his eyes closed and his back up against a large wooden stump; the tree lumbered ages ago. While presently wide awake, with the exception that was his closed eyes, his right arm overstretched and resting on the wooden stump directly behind his head, fingertips tapping away at the wood with no rhythm or tune, Seiryu knew it wouldn’t be long before he would need to convince himself to get up and head off into town. It had been a good while since he had a decent meal and hearing other travellers discuss the delicacies of Oikana, he wished to try it out for himself.

Village : Kirigakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Katon, Suiton, Doton, Raiton
    Class: B
    Ryo: It isn't for eating?

Down a Rabbit Hole Empty Re: Down a Rabbit Hole

Post by Zoe Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:00 pm

Zoe had travelled to Oikana, well to the island, she hadn’t quite reached the village yet as she had gotten distracted picking up some seashells from the beach. She had a decent collection and had squirreled away two pearlescent ones, a blue one and a green one. She took the time to write about them in her notebook before traipsing through a field in the general direction of the town.

‘Who sells seashells by the seashore? No one apparently. So the phrase is sort of a lie, like a lot of phrases and names I’ve discovered here so far. Seashells are quite beautiful, but I knew that already. They don’t taste good, unless you like the taste of salt and sand. Which I don’t as I’ve discovered. But they are rather sturdy and would probably make good decorations.’

She had placed the seashells in the pocket of her white dress, which did little to hide them as they made an amusing ‘tink’ noise as she walked. Her long white hair blew in the gentle breeze making her look, from afar and to the overly superstitious, as a ghost frolicking through the fields and flowers. Her paper white skin, hair and clothing left her lilac coloured eyes the only pop of colour on her. Before long she noticed a man sleeping against a tree stump.

As she drew closer she noticed that he wasn’t actually sleeping, or if he was he was also drumming in his sleep. ‘He’s probably not sleeping. But if he isn’t, then what is he doing?’ Zoe’s curiosity got the better of her again and she would walk up to the dark haired man and greet him in her friendly manner. “Good morning fellow outside person! Are you a musician?”

Child of Light:
    Seiryu
    Seiryu

Post by Seiryu Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:36 am

Everything seemed to be occurring as it normally had for the past few minutes, the wind continually blowing, the ocean waves colliding with the beaches as they had likely done so for however long they both existed. The breeze blew Seiryu’s hair wayward, feeling it strike his face more than he was comfortable with at the current moment, yet no movement had been made on his part to remedy the situation whatsoever. A tinking sound was the first thing he heard and then the footsteps that accompanied them indicated he likely had company, or a passerby, the latter much more likely than the former.

Keeping his eyes closed, he waited for the tinking and the footsteps to draw further away, but they instead grew louder, much more than Seiryu knew immediately he was being approached – and watched. Still, this did not spur him to open his eyes. There wasn’t a sense of danger or something he felt he should be concerned with. A voice intruded upon the general quiet that surrounded the area – though the tinking sound was the far more annoying – both greeting him and asking him, he presumed, a fairly simple question.

Letting a few seconds pass of utter silence, his breathing remaining the same before being encroached, he would let the air settle and peak open his left eye, only to be met by complete darkness. Finally, his tapping stopped, and his left hand reached up to remove the hair from his vision. There he was met with the sight of a young female with long white hair and lilac eyes. He watched her for just a moment and then closed his eye once more. A moment passed, three seconds to be exact, likely enough to agitate most people with the awkwardness of silence. “Good morning stranger with the white hair. I don’t believe I’m a musician, I think actual musicians would be offended if I claimed to be one.” Seiryu chimed in, the tapping resuming once more, though much lighter and difficult to hear. “Are you looking for a musician?” Seiryu speculated, given that was the only logical conclusion his mind reached between the few words spoken between them. If it was a musician this female sought, Seiryu likely wouldn’t be of much help.

Character File

Post by Zoe Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:00 am

The man with the dark hair seemed like maybe he was actually asleep. Or so Zoe thought at first, but Zoe was patient. Maybe not patient, but easily entertained and hard to insult. So after a few seconds of silence from the man she would kneel down on the grass beside him, her hands on the tops of her thighs, and wait with an expectant smile on her pale face. She perked up as soon as his hand moved the hair from his face and a quiet “Oh!” would escape her lips as she saw his face. At this point she was about three feet from the sleeping but not sleeping man, assuming he hadn’t stopped her from approaching. ‘He’s so handsome! He must be a musician!’

When he looked at her with his yellow eye, just one of them, she would smile brightly at his greeting. Not that she was sure that he actually saw her smile since his eye was open so briefly, but it probably came through in her voice. She liked his answer, it was amusing and being that she was easily amused she instantly took a liking to the stranger. In another setting Zoe would have been the poor damsel in distress of some cautionary tale, talking to strangers and the like. But here she was far from harm and feeling comfortable, because the only thing she had on her mind was adventure. “No, I’m not looking for one. I just thought because of the drumming with your fingers and you’re so handsome and all that so you simply must be one of those musicians I hear about. I haven’t met one yet, but to be fair I haven’t met a lot of anyone yet. I’m Zoe and I’m here for maybe a picnic or a boat ride or some sort of fun. What are you doing here? Do you want to help me look for more seashells? Or maybe I could practice my interviewing skills!” As she thought of interviewing the handsome not-a-musician she would pull her notebook out of her boot and open to a fresh page, her pen at the ready.

Child of Light:
    Seiryu
    Seiryu

Post by Seiryu Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:43 pm

The fact that this woman – child? – Seiryu was not too sure as he never got a proper glimpse of the person, only having really taken in their rough physical features that one would take when identifying a person. He did not think there would be a conversation to follow, really, especially if this person was looking for a musician; Seiryu was no help in that regard, for the only person he knew of in the Land of Water, was himself. As for musicians he knew, of anywhere in the world, well… that accounted for an insurmountable figure known as zero. Sure, he had passed by and conversed with some during his travels, but never enough to actually know the person.

There was an air of innocence around this person, who had now introduced herself to him as Zoe. Just Zoe. Zoe happened to not be looking for a musician, though her words made it seemed like she was eager to meet one. Though, Seiryu highly doubted all musicians were ‘handsome’, especially considering some of the ones he had met in his travels. The word handsome did have Seiryu’s mind briefly delve into the past, as it wasn’t a word he heard in ages – the only person that had called him that was his mother last he saw her and his late wife. Shaking those thoughts out of his head mentally, figuratively and literally, Seiryu would take a deep breath before opening both eyes and turning his head to face the female who had introduced herself as Zoe.

“Well, Zoe, there’s one thing I can definitely tell you. Some musicians may be handsome, though not everyone handsome is a musician. I’ve seen plenty of musicians who are the opposite of handsome. Plus, musicians don’t drum with their fingers, they usually play instruments… or sing. Neither of which I can do skillfully.” Seiryu commented his right hand reaching to brush the hair completely off his face and joining the tangle of hair that sat atop his head. All of what he said was true, at least when it came to his experience. “As for why I’m here… I don’t know?” Seiryu let his statement out as a question, as neither did he know why he was here. Aside from being hungry, his life over the years had consisted of travelling. It was sufficient to say this would not be his life had his wife lived, but that was not the case. “Seashells or an interview?” Seiryu pondered, thinking it over much more than was required. His actions would meet his response as his right index finger would tap his chin. “What does this interview consist of?” The question was asked, a curious expression on his face. There wasn’t much else for Seiryu to currently do, except satiate his eventual hunger, but it was something that could be held off for a while longer.

Character File

Post by Zoe Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:52 am

Zoe was slowly inching forward on the grass as Seiryu spoke to her. She was definitely listening, but also seeing him adjust his hair was proving to be too much of a temptation for her to resist. She wasn’t the sneakiest person ever, not even remotely, and she wasn’t exactly trying to sneak but she was trying to not interrupt the dark haired man while she repositioned herself. Why was she trying to get closer to him? Good question, and one that had Zoe thought about it would have made perfect sense in relation to her previous dealings and subsequent obsession with hair. But Zoe didn’t spend too much time assessing her own impulses so instead she would just shuffle along the ground until she was close enough to Seiryu’s hair to begin taming its wildness.

Assuming Seiryu didn’t stop her she would reach forward and gently comb her fingers through the knots as he spoke. She had of course stopped briefly to pull out her notebook before asking about an interview, since she couldn’t possibly perform both those actions at the same time, no matter how much she wanted to. She was moderately disappointed that the handsome musician was not at all a musician, but his explanation of using an instrument to drum didn’t quite ring true to her. “Wouldn’t the tree stump be the instrument though?” She thought it would count, more or less the same idea as any other drum. You tap it with something and it makes a noise. When she heard him admit that he thought himself unskilled with either instruments or singing she would shake her head gently. Humans were always so self deprecating, it was a trait she didn’t understand but it made her a bit sad. Everyone was so quick to tell her what they were not good at and that was why she was so interested in interviewing people. She wanted to hear their achievements, their successes. The things they were proud of and that other people who heard those same stories would also be proud of.

His answer about why he was where he was. . . it was fascinating. Everyone always had a reason for everything. Rarely did people just do. “I don’t know why I’m here either.” She said it with a smile on her face, clearly unbothered by her lack of a plan or direction. “Not knowing is kind of the best part, because it means that you can discover things then. Like what seashells taste like for example.” She would place her notebook down in her lap again and attempt to continue to style her newfound companion’s hair, taking care not to pull too hard as she didn’t want to hurt him. When he asked what the interview consisted of she would make a soft humming noise as she thought of how best to explain. “Well, handsome not-a-musician. I should probably come up with a better name than that. The interview is me asking you questions about yourself and your life and you answering me. I write down what you say and then your story can live forever and be celebrated as it should be. So wait. . . if you’re not a musician, then what are you?” She didn’t intend for the question to sound rude, she just really needed a better name than ‘not-a-musician’.

Child of Light:
    Seiryu
    Seiryu

Post by Seiryu Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:34 pm

Two curious amber orbs watched the girl who had introduced herself as Zoe approached even closer than she was before. From a distance of three feet to getting far too close to his personal space, he made no move to halt her, though he remained seated and leaning against the stump much like he had been before. He would continue with his words, though his eyes would watch her. Whatever it was she was planning? Plotting? Regardless, it didn’t matter, as Seiryu did not sense any kind of danger to his person from this Zoe character. If he went by first impressions alone to describe her in one word, he would use odd, weird and interesting. One word simply didn’t seem to suffice. When Zoe got to the point of essentially shuffling even closer to him, he would turn his attention to her with a raised eyebrow. The result was her assistance to help comb his hair, which he supposed he appreciated, though he didn’t expect such… (intimate?) help from a complete stranger. There were few people who did this for him; his mother, his three sisters; his brother and father kept short hair, and his deceased wife. None of whom he had seen for five years, so he welcomed the friendly stranger in his presence for a moment or two.

“Well… musicians do tend to carry around their instruments. How do you expect me to carry around a tree stump?” Seiryu would ask, his right hand knocking against the wooden base. Besides, if I could carry a tree stump around, how would I carry it inside a bar to play for people? They’d be awfully awkward to carry if I was that strong.” As he currently was, Seiryu was incapable of doing such a feat and in truth, he had no need or want to lift a tree stump. What exactly would he do with it? He supposed he could – if it happened – make it into a seat and always lug it around… though there were always far more comfortable options, like the grass.

Seiryu’s nose would scrunch up and he’d look at Zoe with an appalled expression. “Whoever told you to eat seashells is a terrible person. It doesn’t sound like a good time at all.” Seiryu uttered, his expression not once changing at the thought of eating a seashell. He let Zoe continue her fun with his hair, the feeling of familiarity growing with it once more. It reminded him of his sister’s when they would try different things with it, only for him to end up disliking it but keeping it for a couple of hours. Seiryu would nod at Zoe’s need to come up with a better name for himself, though he still had yet to provide it – she hadn’t conducted her interview question asking him for it yet. “Well, if I say I just travel, would you then call me ‘handsome traveller’ instead of ‘handsome not-a-musician’? He was curious as to what the answer to that question would be from Zoe. It seemed like she would just drop him into a category based on what he did or said. “And I can certainly answer questions. I have plenty of answers for any and all questions.” He tacked on, adding emphasis that he had plenty of answers; which was true. There was the truth, a lie, something close to the truth or something completely preposterous that he could respond with; it all depended upon the question, really.

Character File

Post by Zoe Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:11 am

As Zoe happily combed her fingers through the handsome not-a-musician’s hair she pondered the problem he presented her. How would someone who used a tree stump as an instrument carry it around? “I hadn’t really thought about that. I suppose it would depend on the size of the tree to begin with. And whether or not the roots of said tree were necessary to its use as a musical instrument. Which brings up another question though, are drums musical really? And if they are not, then what does that make a tree stump? That’s a lot of questions, sorry. I just need to figure everything out you know?”

His comment about eating seashells was met with a giggle. “No one told me to, I just wanted to see if they tasted good. Which now I know, they do not. I just want to experience everything and hopefully write it all down. Oh, but while we’re on the subject, as a warning; do not eat seashells. They taste horrible.” Based on Seiryu’s initial reaction she doubted he had any plans to eat seashells, but there was no use in gaining that experience if she didn’t share the knowledge that had come from it.

Zoe was tickled at his suggestion of a new name, it was a very fitting one as well. And he seemed open to her asking questions of him, so she would run her hands through his hair one last time and shuffle around to face him directly while holding her book and pen to record any answers he was willing to give her. To make the interview ‘official’ she would start by writing down what she already knew about him.

‘Official Interview the First:

Met ‘Handsome Traveller’ who really is very handsome in the morning on Oikana. Has wonderful hair to play with, have not tasted it. Probably won’t, I’m unsure if hair tastes different from human to human, but it’s a fair bet that it isn’t. He is not a musician, despite his penchant for drumming on things.’

Once she had written her first few sentences she would look up into his amber coloured eyes, and begin questioning him. “Alright! So I have a few questions to start with. First! What is your name, handsome traveller? And where are you from? And lastly, since you’re not a musician, but are a traveller, what is your profession?” She would wait for him to answer, recording her thoughts as he spoke, assuming he did.

Child of Light:
    Seiryu
    Seiryu

Post by Seiryu Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:23 pm

Listening to Zoe go on about the issue that happened to be a musician who used a tree stump as an instrument had Seiryu smirking. Conversations like this, menial ones with little to no purpose were always welcome. They were welcome distractions that helped one forget about the worries the world would place on their shoulders. “Well, if we can think of tree stump as instruments, then aren’t drums just better tree stumps? They’re certainly easier to carry around. And they do make a ‘drummier’ sound than trees do. I’d say a tree stump is a tree stump and not a musical instrument. A drum is a drum and is a musical instrument. Of course, since I’m not a musician, don’t take my word for it seriously.” Seiryu answered the foray of questions and statements stated by Zoe, a sagely nod with his eyes closed accompanying his response once he had finished speaking.

The more pressing concern, for him, remained the fact that Zoe had willingly at seashells. Who in their right mind would attempt to eat a seashell. The looks alone and the thought of eating a seashell would put anyone off from trying such a thing. It was a mystery for the ages why she wanted to try them; aside from just… trying to say she tried them? Seiryu was confused, and it was likely to remain that way with the seashell conundrum that loomed over him. “I had no intentions of eating a seashell in the near future.” His answer would come out as a mutter, but it could clearly be heard by Zoe.

Upon agreeing to said interview, Zoe distanced herself; no longer occupying his personal space, and propped herself up as if to do a proper interview. Whatever proper would entail. Amber orbs focused on the girl before him. It seemed the questions would come in a flurry asking for his name, place of birth, and what he does. He assumed it would be one question at a time, but answering those three would be a simple feat. “Well, my name is Seiryu. I come from the Land of Fangs, a small farming village to be exact, and… well, I’m just a traveller. I’ll do odd work on the road to make some ryo to spend when I need it, but otherwise, I just travel.” He answered the questions truthfully; though whether he trusted this person with that information remained to be seen. It wasn’t as if he was important enough that this information would risk his family.

Character File

Post by Zoe Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:42 am

Zoe would giggle as Seiryu explained what he thought the difference between a tree stump and a musical instrument was. In particular she was tickled by the word ‘drummier’. There were already so many words in their various languages, she found it amusing when humans felt the need to make new ones because none of the ones that already existed properly explained their thoughts and feelings. She could appreciate the sentiment though, everything she had experienced so far had been far more complicated than she had been expecting and the practice of inventing words might soon be necessary to adequately record her experiences.

Zoe was happy to hear that Seiryu wasn’t planning on eating seashells, it was for the better anyway. She did wonder though how he would know that they tasted bad if he had never eaten them. Unless perhaps he knew someone else that had tried them before now and this was the second time that someone had warned against it. That seemed more likely, although she was aware of the concept of prejudice and had observed it in countless peoples. So maybe it was simply that the common view was that certain organic materials were food and others were not, and so trying them wasn’t necessary. “That’s a relief to hear.” It did give her ideas for questions for the man during her interview though.

As he answered her questions she would scribble furiously in her notebook, wanting to capture the essence of the moment in the written word.

‘The handsome traveller nee. not-a-musician is in fact named Seiryu. Which I think is a beautiful name, and if I’m correct means that his parents liked dragons. Or wanted to have a dragon for a child, or maybe they were just honouring a dragon? Either way, dragons were definitely involved in some way and possibly also stars. Unsure if he is a dragon, I’m not sure it would be proper to ask. Though I will probably ask anyway because how else would my curiosity be satisfied? I am also unsure what ‘odd jobs’ means exactly.’

As she finished recording her notes she would look up from the pages of the book and smile warmly at the amber eyed man. “Well Seiryu, it is a pleasure to meet you. And thank you so much by the way, for agreeing to this interview. You’re helping so much more than you know.” It was true, Zoe’s whole purpose in coming to Earth had been to explore and celebrate the humans and their achievements. Being able to record that directly gave her life here purpose and meaning, and almost made up for everything she had left behind. “Next question. What do you like to eat. And as a follow up, are you hungry? I think I’m hungry and I would like to eat some food.” Zoe wasn’t actually hungry, the sun gave her all the nutrition that she required, but she couldn’t yet tell the difference between a craving for food and the actual need for it.

Child of Light:
    Seiryu
    Seiryu

Post by Seiryu Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:58 pm

Watching the white-haired girl scribble furiously in her notebook, had Seiryu turn his attention away from the girl for a moment and instead focus on the scenery before him. The ocean was well within reach yet was not something he wished to currently approach. He chose to momentarily turn his attention away from her for what she was writing in her book was privy to her eyes alone and Seiryu did not wish to accidentally capture the words that were written down. His time in Mizu no Kuni was currently only a few hours, yet his mind also continued to wonder as to where his next destination would be. Returning home was always an option, yet not one he wished to explore for the time being; five years and it all felt fresh somedays. His slight daze was interrupted by his companion

“And it’s a pleasure to meet you as well Zoe.” He would turn back his gaze towards Zoe, a smile once more gracing his features. He doubted he’d be much of a help to Zoe for her interview if she sought questions that related to the shinobi world or just general advice. Sure he could give some proper answers, though how truthful would they be coming from a jaded man? Her next question certainly did not fit the term interview, for while he certainly was hungry, it was usually an acquaintance or a friend who sought someone out for a meal; those he had none of. Making friends was easy, keeping them while constantly on the road? Impossible. “I could certainly eat. I have heard that Oikana is known for their seafood, which is half the reason I am here now.” Seiryu spoke, the hunger of having not eaten since waking up now finally getting to him. Dragging his knee closer to him, leg still resting upon the ground, he would prop his right elbow on his knee and look at Zoe with a tilted head. “Now, I know you’ve tried seashells, but that’s certainly not seafood. I’m assuming you’re from around here and likely, at least, have heard of Oikana?” The answer Seiryu expected out of this… peculiar girl… well, he erased his expectations the moment she mentioned she willingly ate a seashell just to try one. “And, if you’re hungry, you’re hungry.” Still he would not get up from his position, instead choosing to grab a hair tie that was on his wrist to pull his hair into a low ponytail at the nape of his neck.

Character File

Post by Zoe Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:24 pm

When Seiryu said ‘it’s a pleasure’ to meet her, Zoe would sit up a bit straighter and smile happily. It seemed she was not immune to the allure of being paid a compliment, however polite. She was quite comfortable with her own place in the world and certainly didn’t require validation of it, but it was still nice to hear that her presence was enjoyed. As he smiled back at her she would add another note to her book.

‘Seiryu has a nice smile. The kind that makes him easy to talk to, as evidenced by the fact that I am still talking to him and will probably continue to do so for some time.’

When she brought up food he said he could eat. She made the assumption that the phrase meant he was hungry too. Hearing that Oikana was known for its seafood made the little pamphlet that had aided in her decision to come here make more sense. “I have certainly heard of Oikana, or well, I learned about it just yesterday. I thought it was interesting because the little paper had pictures of fish and other sea creatures all over it. And I suppose I know now that seashells are not actually seafood. Won’t make that mistake twice.”

She would laugh and rise to her feet, brushing off bits of grass from her knees and then offering her hand to help him rise as well. “Truly my choice to come here was random and based purely off the need to explore. I am from Kirigakure, technically. Well now I guess. But there is still so much in this world to see. I’ve seen Kirigakure, the Land of Earth and the Heavenly Emporium and now Oikana. I’m quite sure there’s more than four places to visit on Earth. If you’re a traveller, maybe you could tell me about some of them. Maybe while we eat?” She would close her notebook and place it and her pen into her boot while she spoke excitedly. She had decided, based on Seiryu’s statement, that she was actually hungry and the thought of trying new food was about all she could focus on.

Child of Light:
    Seiryu
    Seiryu

Post by Seiryu Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:57 am

A small chuckle would escape Seiryu at Zoe’s mention of not making the same mistake twice. For as serious as most people were, it was enjoyable to be in the presence of someone who simply… lived and worried less about the greater details in life. It was a reprieve that Seiryu welcomed into his daily life, for it would help ease the pain that was the loss of Keiko’s life. Regardless, even though she did try a seashell, which he definitely would not, it seemed to be a motto to live by; trying out new things to see if one enjoyed them. “Well, at least you know what not to eat. It’s a definite life lesson worth remembering. Besides, who knows, maybe you could have enjoyed eating seashells, but you never would’ve known if you never ate one today.” His tone was light and easygoing, still a bit sceptical of her choice of meal earlier in the day, but regardless he wasn’t judging her… well, not in a diminishing way at least.

As Zoe would get up to rise far quicker than himself, he noted the hand that was extended towards him. He gently took it in his, though his grip remained far too light to make use of it and simply lifted himself up with his own two legs. Seiryu eagerly listened to Zoe go on, her mention of being from Kirigakure made him visibly scrunch up his nose, but otherwise, he would aptly pay attention. Her mention of where she was from created more questions than it gave answers, for the way it was stated made it seem like Kirigakure was more of a recent destination for her. Of her mention of the places she had been, as of now he had only been to the Land of Earth… and technically Oikana, since he was just barely on the edge of the town itself.

“And here I thought you would’ve been the expert on Oikana between the two of us. Hopefully we don’t get lost… and if we do, let’s call it an adventure.” His second statement came out more as a question than it did a statement, but the words rang true. As they would walk, Seiryu would only minorly glance around to see where they were headed; in all honesty, he had no idea where the restaurant was and took his chances upon happening across it by happenstance. It was doubtful he’d get lost in a town such as Oikana, though weirder things have certainly happened. “I’ll be more willing to tell you about the places I’ve travelled. And if I haven’t travelled there, I’ve heard numerous tales about them that I can share, if that suits your interview.” The nonchalant answer escaped him, his hunger beginning to grow further as it would be his first meal of the day.

A sniff of air would alert him to the smell of the ocean water being carried by the wind, flowers and nectar… though there were certainly no flowers in their direct vicinity whatsoever. “Is it just me, or is the smell of flowers really odd here. I don’t really see a flower anywhere near here… and I’d like to think I’m not imagining things.”

Character File

Post by Zoe Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:14 am

Zoe agreed with Seiryu’s sentiment, it was why she did everything that she did. Strange as her actions may seem to most. Trying new things was how she discovered what she liked and what she didn’t. She really didn’t have a foundation of experiences to extrapolate from. “I see you understand! I could very well have enjoyed seashells. I must say one part of them that I did enjoy was the crunchy texture. I would like to eat something else that’s crunchy but doesn’t taste so terrible.” The expressions that crossed her face in quick succession told an interesting story directly correlating to her interest in crunchy things versus her distaste for sand and salt.

As Seiryu’s nose wrinkled at the mention of Kirigakure, Zoe wondered what his dislike of the place was. There had been a similar, though less overt, reaction from Seigi when she had mentioned where she had come from. “Not a lot of people seem to like Kirigakure, why is that? I suppose by ‘not a lot’ I mean two, you and another friend I met not long ago. I’ve done very little exploring of the village yet, but as far as I can tell it’s just a city with a bunch of water and fish and people. Am I missing something about it? Should I not be mentioning it to people I meet?” She wanted to get along with people, it made talking with them and learning their stories easier. And if mentioning Kirigakure was a hindrance to that she would readily stop the habit.

She would give him the chance to answer her questions if he chose to, speaking up as he mentioned adventures and being willing to share stories of the places he’d travelled and lands he had heard tales of. “Then I hope we get lost! An adventure sounds like fun, and if getting lost is what it takes to have one then I’m all for it.” She would release his hand and do a quick spin in place with her arms outstretched, gesturing broadly to the land around them in excitement. “I want to hear everything, about everywhere. As I said, I’ve only seen four places and I want to see more and know more! Please tell me your stories.” Her eyes sparkled as she spoke quickly and stopped spinning long enough to clasp her hands together in front of her chest as she looked up at the dark haired man.

She would place her hands on her hips and look up at him with a grin as he sniffed the air and asked her about the smell of flowers. “That’s me you’re smelling! I’m part plant, so all of me smells like flowers and nectar. Tastes like nectar too, even my hair. Though so far I haven’t noticed anyone else’s hair tasting the same way. Oh! But are you part dragon? And if you are, what does dragon hair taste like?”

Child of Light:
    Seiryu
    Seiryu

Post by Seiryu Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:21 pm

He would take note that Zoe did enjoy the crunchy texture of a seashell and decided it was his mission to help her find something she would enjoy that was crunchy and delectable… or at the very least better tasting than a seashell. “Well, the best way to find food that actually tastes decently good is to find someone who sells it. After all, why would someone sell something that tastes terrible.” As he spoke, Seiryu came to the realization that most of his exchanges with this woman was like speaking with a child… while she clearly was not. She somewhat reminded him of himself before he began his life of travels – before he met Keiko. A green boy. He hoped her perspective on life wouldn’t change as much as his had, especially over the matter of a single loss.

When the topic had shifted to the discussion of Kirigakure and Zoe’s inquiry of his dislike of it, Seiryu would only let out a breathy sigh as he thought about how to explain his dislike. While he never had direct contact with the shinobi villages, he could not agree with their methods. “I can’t speak for your other friend's dislike of Kirigakure, but mine’s a lot more general than it is specifically for the village. I can’t say I like any village that advocates violence in general. Assassinations, murders, attacking other countries and whatnot. It’s not specific to Kiri, but rather the shinobi world as a whole.” He would explain, with a slight shrug following. “But, what do  I know? I’m just a traveller of the world. I don’t concern myself with politics.” It was true, for while Seiryu held a strong opinion, he had little influence regarding that world – one that he hoped would continue to remain that way.

“Well Zoe, if you want to get lost, then just pick a direction and keep walking that way… though I don’t think getting lost will solve your hunger issue.” Seiryu would note as Zoe released his hand and did a spin. He would stop in his tracks, so he did not bump into the girl. Seiryu would keep his curious eye on the girl as she stopped spinning to turn and face him. “Then, where shall I start? Starting at everything about everywhere doesn’t really help me at all.” His head was tilted to the side, some of his hair falling onto his shoulder as he questioned the girl.

The fact that he was smelling her had him more confused than he initially was. The fact that she mentioned she was part plant had his confusion increasing like a fish attempting to open a can of soup. Seiryu couldn’t be sure if she was telling the truth or not, though he did not feel like the girl was lying to him. Was she simply just dropped on her head and always put on floral perfumes? When the discussion shifted to… tasting hair today has been a weird day Seiryu would have an aghast expression. “It’s… good that your hair tastes like nectar and flowers?” Seiryu’s words were definitely more of a question than a statement.

“Well… I certainly could be part dragon, I haven’t really asked about my ancestors.” It was a definite fib, as he knew there was no way he was part dragon… that he knew of. “I don’t think my hair would taste different than normal human hair. If my dragon ancestors wanted me to blend in, then I would need to blend in more than just appearances. My hair tasting like dragon hair wouldn’t really help me blend in.” As he said that, Seiryu would lift his right arm and take a quick sniff of his own odour. Definitely not a dragon smell. “I also don’t smell like fire and scales. Helps with the disguise. You can see for yourself if you want.” Seiryu knew that most people would decline that offer and assumed Zoe would decline as well… but this was Zoe and his mind did not register that she was far more likely to accept that offer.

[Claiming Exp up to this post]

Character File

Post by Zoe Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:42 pm

Zoe nodded sagely at Seiryu’s advice. It didn’t make much sense for someone to sell something that tasted terrible. Not that she so far had any experience with anyone selling her anything. She would reach into her other pocket, the one without the seashells, pull out a pouch of money and hand it to Seiryu. Assuming he took the pouch, she would be relieved of the fifty thousand ryo that she had. “Help me buy some good food then? I don’t know how to use this. Well, I do in theory, but I haven’t yet bought anything. You seem to know what you’re doing though!” She understood what money was, and what it was used for but she had no frame of reference for the true value of currency. On Hala there was no money or trade. Whatever people required was provided. “Where I’m from we don’t use money, everyone has a job and all those jobs interconnect with everyone else and so everyone is provided for. It’s a good system and works incredibly well, but I don’t think it would work here at all.” She was subtly referring to the selfishness she had observed in humans, the idea of true community was something she didn’t think humans had evolved enough to accept yet.

As Seiryu described his general dislike for shinobi villages Zoe’s lilac eyes widened and she nodded along emphatically agreeing with his sentiments. “Those are all good reasons to not like villages. I don’t like the idea of you all hurting and killing each other. It seems so wasteful and pointless. You have so many wonderful skills and talents, why take them from the world? It’s why I’m always careful who I talk to, I don’t want to say the wrong thing and have someone get violent. But you seem nice and friendly and not violent at all. Maybe I shouldn’t be in a village, maybe I should be a traveller! I only say I’m from Kirigakure because that’s where I ended up when I came here. But I could just as easily make Oikana my home, or anywhere else for that matter.”

With a shy smile Zoe would reach to clasp Seiryu’s hand again and pointed in a random direction inland. “This way! As long as there’s food somewhere that way.” Unless Seiryu stopped her she would begin walking in the direction she had pointed, happily trying to get lost to ensure an adventure would be had. She would only stop, and quite suddenly, when Seiryu offered to let her check if he smelled like a dragon. Moving close to him she would sniff at his arm. “You don’t smell like fire and scales, but to be fair I don’t know what those smell like.” With a curious look on her face she would lean her face down towards his arm with her mouth open, clearly attempting to taste him. There was only one way to be sure what anything was, and that was to taste it. She didn’t know what a dragon tasted like but she thought that if he tasted not like a human that would be enough to deduce what a dragon might taste like.

Child of Light:
    Seiryu
    Seiryu

Post by Seiryu Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:45 pm

“Hmm…” Seiryu visibly wondered at the proffered pouch of what was likely to be ryo, though having nodded to acknowledge Zoe’s mention of her home not requiring money; it was an ideal society, one which human greed simply did not function in. While he himself was short on funds on a daily basis, always picking up just enough for his next meal, taking someone else’s money without doing much did not sit right with him. At this Seiryu will simply shake his head and make an offer that was likely much better; phrasing today’s adventure with Zoe as a job he undertook. How about you hold on to it for a bit. As you can see…” Seiryu would gesture to his clothing with both his hands, “I don’t have any pockets. How about you hold on to it for the time being and if we find something you really enjoy, then I can be rewarded for my services.”

Seiryu would listen to Zoe’s response to his distaste for the shinobi world, realizing their ideologies were more alike than he thought. As far as her comment went as to being a ‘traveller’, it would be met with a slight chuckle from Seiryu. “Would a shinobi village really let someone leave the village though? I’m not well versed in politics, but if you have any bit of importance to the village, I kind of doubt they would let you go… but like I said before, what do I know about the shinobi world. Though, if you do end up becoming a traveller, you are more than welcome to join me on my various pointless journeys in life.” He presented Zoe a welcoming grin, it was unlikely that she would even join him, as there was no point to his travels, truly – beyond moving further and further away from home.

He would willingly be tugged along by Zoe, his strides matching hers enough to trail just behind her, yet just a tad bit slower that she would need to tug him along further if she sped up. “As long as one of the two of us know where the food is, that’s fine by me. I’m starving.” They did eventually come to a stop when Zoe would turn to take a sniff of him, though mentioning she had no idea what fire and scales smelt like. “Well, to be fair… I don’t remember what scales smell like. As for fire… well, I’ve smelt a lot of burnt things. It’s definitely not a nice smell.” He would notice Zoe then lean her face further towards his arm, mouth open as if she was prepared to eat. Swiftly, Seiryu would attempt to extract his arm from its current position, step backwards, and try and halt Zoe’s movement forward with his palm attempting to meet her forehead gently. Should his movements succeed, Seiryu would have a simple question for the girl. “What are you doing?”

Character File

Post by Zoe Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:19 pm

Seiryu wouldn’t take her money, which considering they had just met she supposed was fair. Or at least made him a person with morals. She remembered something about humans being strange regarding currency, in how they dealt with it. But she couldn’t exactly remember in what way they behaved strangely. Regardless, it was clear that Seiryu did not have any pockets and it would be silly to have her own pockets go to waste, so she kept the bag of money in her dress. “Alright then Seiryu, I will hold it for now and I have no doubt that your services will deserve a reward.” She didn’t even know what she meant by that, just that she was enjoying his company so far and she didn’t expect that anything would change within the next few hours. If anything they were likely to have more fun as the day progressed.

She hadn’t given much thought to whether or not she would be ‘allowed’ to leave Kirigakure. “Do you think they would try to keep me there? What if I want to go see the other oceans! Or a giant forest or more mountains! I can’t be tied down!” She was being intentionally melodramatic however there was some genuine anxiety behind her concerns. On Hala she, for the most part, did as she pleased. They didn’t even have doors on most buildings because they simply weren’t necessary. Here though, everything was doors upon doors with added locks and even guards. There might actually be some truth to Seiryu’s comments and it didn’t sit well with the woman.

When she moved to taste Seiryu’s arm she was met with his palm against her forehead, effectively halting her forward momentum. Any attempt she made to advance would end abruptly at the length of his arm though that did not stop her from trying to reach him. His question was the only thing that stopped her attempts and she would lean her full weight against his palm with her head, resting as she answered with confusion and just a touch of frustration. “I’m trying to see if you taste like a dragon! Like you said.” Her voice came out as a playful whine, and while he likely couldn’t see from behind his hand, her purple eyes were filled with dramatic sadness to match the pout on her lips.

Child of Light:
    Seiryu
    Seiryu

Post by Seiryu Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:30 am

Seiryu himself was not sure about the politics of a shinobi village when one of their residents wished to leave; whether it was permanently or for an extended period of time. He knew he wouldn’t be much help to Zoe in this regard, when it came to alleviating the worry about ‘being tied down’ to the village of Kirigakure no Sato. “I honestly, do not know what Kiri would do. They could just say ‘no’ and you’ll be stuck there. Or they could let you wander around on the condition you return. I apologize that I’m not much help; I was fortunate enough to be born in the countryside rather than a shinobi village. I don’t know how different my life is compared to a shinobi, but I feel like I have infinitely more freedom. Nothing to tie me back from going where I want.” His words were a true reflection of how he felt; being tied as a shinobi to a village would feel suffocating to him compared to that of his current life. He could go where he pleased, mostly, whenever the desire arised to go someplace.

Zoe’s response, after he had effectively halted her movements, was a peculiar one and certainly not one of which he was familiar with in regards to the context she provided him. The only context with which he was familiar with… with those words, were with his wife… in a completely different scenario. Regardless of those thoughts that briefly flitted through his mind, his eyes would curiously watch the innocent woman before him. “Say if I do let you taste me and you end up telling someone else. How am I supposed to deal with people coming up to me asking to taste me? What am I supposed to do then?” It was not a question that Seiryu clearly cared for answer for… It was simply something he was curious as to how she would answer. The thought of having multiple people asking to lick him to ‘taste a dragon’ had him shiver.

Character File

Post by Zoe Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:49 pm

Zoe liked the idea of being able to go wherever she wanted, but she wasn’t opposed to the idea of having rules and regulations either. She had been closely monitored her whole, very long, life so it was nothing new. “Well maybe I’ll just have to ask them then. If they say no, well, that’s fine. You could just come visit me in Kirigakure!” She wasn’t sure if Seiryu would, no one else that she had invited to come visit her had yet.

When she tried to lick him to figure out if he tasted like a dragon, she was surprised by his reasoning for saying no. “I hadn’t thought of that. I suppose if I were a dragon I wouldn’t necessarily want everyone to come up and lick me. Hmm . . .” She would stand straight up again, taking her weight off his palm and cross her arms thoughtfully. “I suppose you’re right, and I guess I’ll just have to live with not knowing. For now.” She laughed as she spoke and gave him a wink as she twirled away towards where food probably was.

The two enjoyed a nice meal and Zoe peppered Seiryu with questions in between, and sometimes during, the chewing of her food. Every bite was a glorious new sensation for her as she’d eaten nothing since her arrival to Earth. Except a seashell. Once the sun had started to set she would wave goodbye to her new friend and make her way back to Kirigakure.

[Exit Thread]

Child of Light:
    Seiryu
    Seiryu

Post by Seiryu Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:54 pm

“Well, me visiting Kirigakure is highly unlikely. You’ll be much more likely to run into me in a random country than the place you’re residing.” Seiryu would chime in, as he had no intentions of finding the village of Kiragakure nor any reason to find it. The further he could stay away from the shinobi world, the better for him.

He was still unsure what to make out of Zoe, as all of his conversations with her had held very little meaning. Yet, this conversation about dragons and licking people to taste them was far weirder than anything Seiryu had ever spoken to anyone about. Seiryu would let the subject ultimately drop, as Zoe would twirl away and begin leading him further into Oikana. He would spend the next few hours with the girl, answering any questions she had, either seriously or completely joking around. When the time came to say goodbye, Seiryu accepted that it was another farewell he had to say to another person he met on his endless journey. As he looked off into the distance, where the sun had set, his next thought was to where his journey would take him to next.

[exit thread]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:53 am