Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Growth

Katsumi
    Katsumi

Village : N/A

Growth Empty Growth

Post by Katsumi Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:28 pm

Katsumi sat alone in a quiet room, decorated with the garb and pageantry of the village's administration. Each item a gentle reminder of ideals or history, the very paint scheme meant to portray the village's image and more importantly, it's strength. In fact, of all the things that had been carefully placed and portrayed to show their worth and extravagance it was really Katsumi that was out of place. He lacked it entirely, the notoriety of a grand image of battle between Iwagakure shinobi taking a heavy handed sweep of some illegible enemy as they fell between the wayside. On each sides of the painting were vases that seemed to be created from strong clay, emblazoned with the symbol of the village and displayed outward for their guests.

This office, or meeting room, or whatever you called it displayed the villages strengths and ideals as best that inanimate objects could. But Katsumi, he was none of those things. Not yet at least. His head would be pointed down, his hands fidgeted and rubbing together as he walked through the thoughts in his head and words he wished to portray to whomever he was granted audience to speak. So far, the only thing extraordinary about him was a large reserve of stamina and chakra that he had accumulated but it meant nothing.

He had done a plethora of missions for the village but mostly D-rank nothing missions that helped the people around the village. His back and forth with Shin and Tadara had kept him busy and allowed him to maintain enough ryo to survive and thrive in the village. But none of that meant anything when he was an inheritor of a powerful kekkai genkai that he could hardly use. Just enough knowledge of it to create Bakuton chakra at his fists and feet. He couldn't infuse it like others could, he couldn't mold it and shape it into the very essence needed to battle others and he could hardly rely on it as a noteworthy skill. And yet, here he was about to plead the case that he should be used more heavily by the village, pushed to the edge, given tougher missions and training that would develop that skill.

Katsumi's hands were dry and his mind was clear, for an instant, all his fidgeting stopped as he thought he might have heard a murmuring conversation at the door, or footsteps approaching. Katsumi was dressed rather plainly; basic black ninja sandals worked upwards to rather plain black pants that had space for ninja pouches but Katsumi wore none. He wore a light brown shirt with the Kotoshura symbol centered on the chest that was hidden away mostly by another black shirt with a hood over the top of it. His lowered head would turn towards the door as his eyes locked onto its handles, his hair drooping down towards the ground for a moment and his breathing calm as he waited for what would come next.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Iryojutsu, Sensory, Ninjutsu, Raiton, Fuuton, Doton, Jūryoton
    Class: A
    Ryo: Time and Space

Growth Empty Re: Growth

Post by Mitsukira Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:24 pm

Mitsu hadn’t been back in Iwagakure for very long before she was swamped with requests for her time; paperwork she needed to catch up on, people to meet with, fires to put out. . . the list went on and on. The hardworking person that she was, she didn’t mind. She still had the nagging anxiety before every meeting, the fear of failure and disappointing everyone. But she smiled through it all, kept out of trouble as best she knew how and carried on. The Universe had a plan, it had to, otherwise the world simply didn’t make sense. The idea that everything was random and that the situations she found herself in had no higher purpose filled her with more fear and panic than literally anything else she had experienced so far.

She had taken to coming to the Tsuchikage Complex early, that way she had the place to herself for an hour or so and didn’t have to get through the awkward moments when you were supposed to smile and ask things like ‘How are your kids?’ and ‘Lovely weather we’re having isn’t it?’. Back in Sunagakure, and even when she first arrived in Iwagakure, she would have adored the opportunity to interact with so many different people. But now. . .

As she thought of her failed attempt at leading the village her hand flew to her side as a sharp stabbing pain reminded her of why she was keeping to herself. Her wound had healed, but not properly. The raised scar still ached daily to keep the memory fresh in her mind, almost as though her own body wanted her to alter her attitude and actions just to stay alive.

She was sitting in a small garden just outside of the complex, basking in the sun and the smell of partially decayed flora. The winter had been harsh and long and sitting outside in nature, even if it was a tiny man made garden was soothing to her soul. She had taken to wearing dresses, her body slowly adapting to the cooler climate of the mountains. By anyone else’s standards the Land of Earth was quite warm, but compared to the desert it was frozen. Wearing red and gold leather and fur all the time did draw a lot of attention though, so she had opted for more typical Earth attire. White, gold and brown dresses allowed her to move freely as she danced while being just ordinary enough to not draw the eye. Or so she hoped. Really there were only four people she was hoping to avoid in Iwagakure, and only one of those was it even likely she would run into.

While sitting outside she had her pink eyes closed, her face tilted up towards the sun as she heard someone clearing their throat next to her. She would turn and see an assistant and without a word Mitsu would jump up and rush indoors. She had asked for this assistant to let her know when she had to attend her next meeting, and from the look on the assistants face, they’d been trying to get her attention for a while. And now she was late. She didn’t like the idea that a person could be ‘late’. It went against her beliefs that the Grand Design allowed for everything and planned everything, even if she couldn’t see it. Clocks were the worst.

She ran down the hall and barreled through the door to her office, or rather the office she’d been using, slightly out of breath and looking not at all like a person partially in charge of a village. Seeing Katsumi sitting there she would nod and smile warmly, her panic momentarily forgotten with the increase to her adrenaline from her mad dash to make it on time. “Hello, uh, welcome! Katsumi right? I remember you from the mountains, I’m sorry it’s been so long I’ve been, uh. . . busy. Travelling actually, for village. . . things.” She made her way around the desk, taking a second to lean on the surface of it and catch her breath before continuing. “I’m so sorry I was late. I was outside and the sun and the flowers. . . um, not that any of that matters to you. I’m sorry, please forgive me.” Internally she was kicking herself for firstly being late and then secondly looking like an idiot while she tried to excuse and apologize for her lateness. Finally she would plunk herself down on her stone chair and fold her hands together in front of her. “What can I do for you today Katsumi?”

Dancing Queen:
    Katsumi
    Katsumi

Post by Katsumi Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:29 pm

Quickly the doors opened and Katsumi found himself straightening out immediately to be presentable for the village official arriving before him. But just as quickly as he moved, he noticed that this wasn't a stranger or high figurehead of the village but a familiar face that he caught sight of. The woman who had brought him into the village, his eyes traced her movement as she walked in and he hesitated just briefly while watching. A sudden jolt as she spoke had Katsumi stand up quickly and nod towards her while she spoke her first words. He listened carefully as she recollected who he was and in turn Katsumi added a nod of confirmation that he was whom she thought he was.

It was odd that she was out of breathe, but even still, the detail almost passed by Katsumi as she began to explain and apologize before moving on to what brought him here. Katsumi's face would shift to a mid point of embarrassment and some sort of sympathy before he would bow slightly while speaking,

"Please, Ma'am. There's no reason to apologize to me of all people." By the time he had finished his sentence, he had moved down to kneel before her as a sign of respect and thanks to her authority. One part for meeting with him today and another part for bringing him into the village without asking for anything in return.

Continuing on while remaining knelt he would speak loud enough to be heard though holding his head down and away,

"I'm afraid that I've come to ask a favor of you again, though I didn't know it would be you that I'd be speaking to." he would finish his words finding some necessity to present the idea that this wasn't planned out by him. "However, I've come to ask for a favor... or even demand it if I have to but... put simply, I want to ask for more responsibility in the village." He would wait a moment to let those words sink in and take hold before his head would tilt up slightly, too curious about how she would take those words to remain in posture.

"I don't mean to offend but..." he would hesitate for a brief moment, "I've done many missions and developed myself, my stamina, and my chakra. Despite this the only thing I've done are simple missions farming crops and cleaning up, watching children and capturing escaped animals at the zoo... I." his hesitation after this word would be sudden and sharp, almost like he was pushing the words through gritted teeth.

"I want to have an impact, to use my skills and abilities for more for this village and its position. It's no secret that we have our struggles and enemies all around us. I want more missions with more intense work, any training that you can give me to expand on my Bakuton chakra. Whatever it takes to become the weapon for the village that it needs."

Katsumi's head had returned to looking down before but would shoot up now, his eyes burning with ambition and prowess within, "Not just a weapon, a bomb that would decimate any enemy that threatens this land, this village, or its people." He would hold his gaze for a moment while waiting to see how she would reply. His eyes burning with intensity behind his words, not anger but pure passion and angst about his current position in life.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Iryojutsu, Sensory, Ninjutsu, Raiton, Fuuton, Doton, Jūryoton

Post by Mitsukira Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:01 pm

Mitsu’s eyes went wide as Katsumi knelt before her and attempted to relieve her of the burden of feeling like she needed to apologize. She had been late and it seemed fair to her that she apologize for it, but she also didn’t want to further the insult by not accepting Katsumi’s version of events. As he knelt she fidgeted. She was half standing by the time he got to the part about asking for a favour. She didn’t like that he was kneeling, she didn’t think she deserved that kind of reverence. She wasn’t some sage or important person. She was just Mitsu and here as a person helping to run the village only through happenstance.

She stood finally as he continued and made her way over to the kneeling Shinobi, allowing him to finish his request before gently placing a hand on his arm and urging him to rise. “There’s no offense taken, Katsumi. And there’s no need to kneel. What you’re asking for is very reasonable and based on the mission reports I’ve seen you are well within your rights to request greater responsibility. You’ve done excellent work for the village and it would be a crime to squander your abilities on simple tasks when you are clearly built for so much more.”

If Katsumi rose she would urge him to sit on the chair meant for guests of this office, as she would lean herself against the desk with a cheerful smile on her face. If he didn’t she would take a seat on the side of the desk he was on, seeking to appear more approachable. “I will be starting a squad and I think you would be a fine addition. With a greater team I think we can take on more difficult missions and accomplish greater tasks for the village. What else can I do for you to help?” Her question was sincere as she searched his face for answers. She wanted to nurture the strength and passion she saw in the man, to make him feel as accomplished as she knew he already was.

Dancing Queen:
    Katsumi
    Katsumi

Post by Katsumi Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:15 pm

Katsumi would smirk slightly as she would agree with him, his eyes would follow her and Katsumi would offer a quick nod in response to her words and rise up to standing afterwards. Katsumi would quickly speak up when she finished, just to offer a note of thanks,

"Thank you ma'am. It means a great deal to me to know that I'm not purely over stepping my bounds here." Katsumi would then take the seat as she motioned towards it and sat down, his legs straight and his arms placed calmly in front of him as he waited for just a moment before Mitsukira continued. She offered him a place on her squad, an incredible opportunity to develop himself and to serve a greater purpose within the village, Katsumi would smile brightly at the notion and nod away but her next question would fade his smile slightly as he would shift a bit in his seat.

The idea of what else she could provide was... certainly an open ended question. He hadn't had the kind of notoriety within his clan currently to really drive at anything and most of them were busy or aware and not greatly involved with genin like him. Still though, there were more things in the world and Katsumi would wipe his hands forward across his thighs to his knees while straightening up slightly,

"Well," Katsumi would hesitate for a second before lifting his head back up to look at Mitsukira directly, some steeled resolve in his person and his eyes. "There are certain jutsu within our village and my clan that are... incredibly powerful and for ninja of the highest skill. I don't know what the requirements are to prove my worth and train these jutsu but I would like to take on whatever challenges and begin to train and learn these techniques. Both within my clan and the ones that represent our village as well."

Katsumi would finish with his nerves running fairly high, holding his stance and gaze with his resolve and confidence. Had he stayed knelt down, he could retreat his gaze to the floor but now he had to lie about his position and where he felt that he actually was. All for the chance to begin to learn things that would improve his skill and make him a far more potent ninja.

Character File

Post by Mitsukira Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:19 pm

Mitsu hadn’t known what to expect when she’d asked what else she could help him with. But his response was an interesting one. He was asking for exclusive techniques, and while she wasn’t about to hand over everything she knew, she was more than happy to hand over one that she knew belonged to him anyway. She would smile broadly and pull out a piece of paper and a pen, writing down the details of the Kinjutsu technique in full.

“This actually belongs to your Clan, I’m glad you came to me. I was intending on handing it over to Diana, who apparently was going to be taking over leadership of your clan. But she has fallen ill with the plague and I was at a loss as to how to handle it.” She hadn’t yet handed over the paper and was still holding it as she looked at Katsumi questioningly for a moment. “Have you considered taking up the role of leader? From everything I’ve read you’re an accomplished shinobi, hard working and strong. I can see from your work how much you value your village, you would be a good choice. I know leading isn’t for everyone, but if you were interested, I could help.”

Handing the paper over towards Katsumi she would wait for him to take it from her before continuing. If he chose to refuse the offer she would simply place it on the desk between them and move her hands back to their gently folded position. “For the other exclusive techniques I will need to. . . I’ll need to confer with Chen.” Worry creased her face as she brought up Chen. She was even a bit worried about handing over this one technique, but she didn’t think she was wrong. Just very worried that Chen would think she was and use it as an excuse to make her life miserable.

[Created 1 copy of Iwagakure Kinjutsu]

Dancing Queen:
    Katsumi
    Katsumi

Post by Katsumi Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:02 pm

Katsumi would watch with some curiosity as Mitsukira began to write down some notes, his eyes scanning forward to find the details of the note as he could. Details about jutsu and something to do with his clan's chakra nature? Incomplete details from a rather nosey boy who fell back in his chair and sat up straight before he would end up making himself look silly.

Mitsukira then began to explain that this belonged to his clan, meant to be passed onto another that had fallen ill. Katsumi would give a slightly somber nod at this fact but wouldn't express much more. He wasn't sure who this person was exactly however someone falling ill and not being able to perform their duties was certainly a struggle. From the sound of it, it seemed serious. Katsumi wouldn't push though and would listen onwards.

His eyes would dart upward towards her almost immediately afterwards, the idea of being clan leader almost totally lost to him. Not even a notion or an idea. Katsumi wouldn't say anything in reply, he might even turn a slight shade of pink at the compliment given, having no other real reaction to give. When Mitsukira would hand the scroll forward, Katsumi would reach forward and grab hold of it, his fingers gripping the paper and feeling its texture slowly before taking it into his possession. As Mitsukira would retract, Katsumi would slowly lower the scroll to his thigh, his eyes on it and taking measure of it.

The final thought from Mitsukira about further techniques was understandable. Katsumi's eyes would dart back to meet hers with a small amount of seriousness in them.

"Of course ma'am. I understand that requests like I made would take some time to say the least. I'm already beyond grateful for your choice to put me on your squad as well as giving me this scroll... however," Katsumi's voice would trail off for a second, his eyes drifting away lightly as he sat in thought.

"As for leadership... someone who was born here and sent away, spent his formative years outside the village and couldn't find his own parents in the short time that I've been here. It's not exactly an inspiring leader to follow, whether or not I'm even qualified and fit to assume such a role... but of course! Thank you for the vote of confidence, it's nice to be recognized at least on some level..." Katsumi would finish with a slight chuckle. His words were genuine but he just wasn't sure about that. Maybe there was a chance... but he'd put it out of his mind for the moment.

[Taking 1 copy of Iwagakure Kinjutsu]

Character File

Post by Mitsukira Tue May 04, 2021 4:54 am

Mitsu would smile as Katsumi took the scroll in his hand. She was happy to finally do something that she felt wholeheartedly was the right thing to do; give the Kotoshura Clan back it’s Exclusive technique. She even noticed the slight blush as she complimented him. She had not been intending to embarrass the man, she was trying to offer her honest perspective.

As he mentioned his reasons for refusing the position of Clan Leader, Mitsu would shake her head and chuckle. “Katsumi, nearly everyone here was either born here and sent away or not originally from here at all. The war was. . . is hard on everyone. I can probably name on one hand the number of people I’ve met that were born and raised in Iwagakure and never once left it because of the war. Leaders aren’t. . . perfect. They’re ideals sure, but they are valued for their active leadership, not where they did or didn’t live.” She would sit back in her chair, a faraway gaze in her eyes as she continued.

“I am not originally from here, here being the Land of Earth. I was born in the deserts of the Land of Wind, and eventually moved to Sunagakure when it was first formed. Few people are aware, but It isn’t something I hide because it simply doesn’t matter where I’ve come from. If you don’t wish to be Leader that’s quite alright. I don’t want you to feel obligated at all. I just want you to know that I do feel that you’re qualified, and you exhibit what I feel are important traits in a leader. I’ll let it rest though if you want.” As she offered to leave the matter be, her dreamy gaze would sharpen as she refocused her eyes on her guest and gave him a brilliant smile. “I look forward to seeing you in action, I’ve read a fair amount of what you’ve done as reports have crossed my desk, but seeing it in person I’m sure is much more exciting. You can stay as long as you’d like, I can have tea and lunch brought in, but I want to make sure; is there anything else that you needed?” A look of warm concern would cross her face as she asked her question. She was happy to enjoy a meal with the man if he wanted, or not if he preferred to be on his way. Regardless of his answer though, she wanted to be certain that she hadn’t skipped over anything.

Dancing Queen:
    Katsumi
    Katsumi

Post by Katsumi Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:08 pm

"I suppose I understand then, in a way home is what you make of it but I suppose what I'm really saying is that I don't know that I've made this place home yet. I don't know if I've been accepted within yet..." Katsumi would bleakly respond to Mitsukira's response to his decline of leadership.

"Nonetheless, I will have to leave you for your lunch and the rest of your day, I'm rather excited to open this scroll and start to break down the information within." Katsumi would feel his fingers tighten around the scroll as he would stand up and bow properly towards her once again.

"Ma'am. I too look forward to showing you what I can do in the future." Katsumi would then make his exit from the office and begin his journey to find Tadara and begin his focused training.

[Exit Thread]
    [5 posts - 25 XP (total and spendable) gained]
    [Scroll with Iwagakure Kinjutsu acquired]

Character File

Post by Mitsukira Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:43 pm

Mitsu could see that the man in front of her was overwhelmed with the many options she had just presented to him. It broke her heart to hear him say that he didn’t feel welcome yet. With a sympathetic smile Mitsu tried to reassure the Kotoshura. “Anyone would be a fool to not accept you. I’ve seen the work you’ve done, your contributions to Iwagakure are incredibly impressive. And of course your actions honour your Clan. Whatever you end up deciding, I will support you. I believe in you, Katsumi.”

She would cringe as he called her ‘Ma’am’ again, she didn’t feel like a Ma’am. She felt like the title should be used on someone with more power and authority than she had. She kept the thought to herself though and would stand to walk Katsumi to the door, giving him a friendly wave as he exited her office. “It was a pleasure talking with you Katsumi. I’m always available to talk if you ever need. Not just talk, if there’s anything I can help with please just let me know. Soon I’ll send word about a mission.” Closing the door quietly she would retreat back inside her office and sit down, idly turning the potted flower on her desk while looking at her paintings of the Land of Wind and daydreaming about her homeland.  

[Exit Thread]

Dancing Queen:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:42 pm