Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Music in the mist (KIt & Yuuto)

Yuuto Ryotoji
    Yuuto Ryotoji

Village : Kirigakure

Music in the mist (KIt & Yuuto) Empty Music in the mist (KIt & Yuuto)

Post by Yuuto Ryotoji Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:10 am

The day had started out peaceful as Yuutoi remained within the confines of his bedroom. He slumbered peacefully dreaming of becoming a shinobi of great strength and respect. But more importantly, his dream focused on one thing being the Mizukage. He stood above the Mizukage's building at the coronation ceremony. The crowds were silent as he moved towards the railing cloaked in white garb. He had on the traditional land of fire hat worn by past Hokage as he lifted his head the people cheered in reverence to their new leader. When he opened his mouth to speak nothing came out something was wrong. He tried to speak again but once again nothing came out but silence. The crowd cheering soon turned to boo at the show of lack of respect. He tried to scream out but nothing once again came out suddenly there was a blinding flash of light people were screaming and falling over as a large explosion suddenly engulfed the entire area.

People screamed as they were engulfed in the blast flesh ripping from the bone leaving nothing behind but burned bones. He tried to run away from the explosion but it just kept following him and growing larger and larger. Soon he fell victim to the blast and screamed out in pain as he watched his body burn up. He awoke startled and sweat dripping down from his face. He was hunched over slightly and buried his face in his hands and took in a few breaths. He spoke to himself in a soothing manner "it was only a dream just a dream everything's fine." He exhaled a shaky breath as he got out of bed and moved towards his bathroom. He needed to wake up and splash some cold water on his face. He sighed and entered the bathroom and turned on the faucet and felt the cold water and splashed it upon his face. The water felt soothing on his skin and put him at ease. He turned off the faucet and shook his head and dried it with a nearby towel. He looked himself over in the mirror and frowned as he had a terrible bedhead. He shook his head and got out his brush and slowly began to comb the wild mess of raven black hair.

After getting cleaned up and changed into his normal attire his freshly gained headband would be worn on his head with pride. He would then grab his violin case and would head off to a lake within the confines of the training yard. His mind needed settling and music was a good cure for that but first things first breakfast. He would also grab his fishing gear on the way out and leaf quietly not that there was anyone left in his home to disturb. He made his way to the field rather quickly moving at his top speed. Once he arrived he would position himself by the shore of the lake and set down the violin case and he would bait his hook and close his eyes for a moment and take a breath and cast it out into the center of the lake.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Music in the mist (KIt & Yuuto) Empty Re: Music in the mist (KIt & Yuuto)

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:53 pm

Kitsuki was resting on a stump and catching her breath after a hard day of training. She had ordered her personal trainer Bricky to help move a set of New World Weights to her corner of the Kirigakure Training Field. The man happily obliged as now that Kit was the strongest shinobi on Earth, she didn't have much use for him anymore. Anything he could do to retain her as a client was done with all deliberate speed. Kit's physical strength was so god-like that she couldn't really use any Earth-based training implement. Just about everything on this planet could be moved with little effort and that which couldn't might engender significant collateral damage. The New World Weights solved that problem. The barbells were solid black and were said to have been made on another world using the degenerate matter of a black dwarf star. They were sealed with some kind of alien fuuinjutsu and then shipped to worlds with strong gravity.

At least, that was the story that the company used. Kitsuki wasn't sure if there was some truth to it or no truth to it. She did know that they worked as intended and gave her a pretty hefty challenge. They were so heavy that she needed to be careful lifting them. If she dropped them like a bodybuilding lug, then they'd cause earthquakes which could have deleterious effects on the city's infrastructure. The control and precision that she needed to exercise when handling the ultra-dense weights only made her training that much more intense. Whereas Yuuto had spent the morning dreaming, Kitsuki had spent it mired in reality. The possibility that the Summit would fail and the war would continue kept her up at night. The possibility that she'd need to fight individuals like Shimiko and Nozomi kept her training until her bones broke. By the time she was done, Kitsuki was soaked with sweat. Every inch of her body ached and she could feel her heart rate soar. The pressure of her role and the pressure of her training would turn her into a stronger person. A diamond of a leader. With the training session finished, Kitsuki hit the showers and dressed in a bikini with a tracksuit over it.

Kit's plan was to go for a light jog around the lake and then cap it off with a nice morning swim. Kitsuki stretched for a few minutes before taking off in the direction of the training field lake. As she approached, she saw a young gentleman sitting by the shore fishing. Ordinarily, she'd have ignored him and kept it pushing but the violin case next to him caught her attention.

He's a musician?

Kitsuki stopped in her tracks and took a second to catch her breath. She was standing a few meters away from him and wearing a tracksuit similar to this one albeit with Kiri's blue mist symbol on it. She smiled at him and waved hoping to catch his attention. She didn't want to disturb him but she couldn't help but strike up a conversation. Ever since becoming a member of the Triumvirate she had so little time to discuss and play music.

"Hi there....that's a nice violin case you got there" It was an awkward way to start a conversation but Kit's brain was scrambled due to to hours of landmass busting strength training.

Post by Yuuto Ryotoji Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:26 am

He remained quiet on the lakeside. His hands wrapped around the fishing road in concentration. His line gently bopping along the water. His stomach gurgled hungrily. His eyes watching for any movement out on the water. The slightest tug he would reel in his fishing line slowly until he would feel a resistance. However, nothing happened like that just yet. However, he heard the sound of feet approaching from behind him, and he froze momentarily. He saw a figure out of the corner of his eye and tried to ignore her. His hands occupied with the rod as the sound of a young woman's voice spoke to him. He smirked happily as she complimented his violin case. However, he only brought his hand to his lips and gently hushed her not in a scolding manner but more of a gentle reminder he was fishing. As everyone knows, loud noises make fishing difficult.

His voice spoke as if he were inside a library. "A little quieter otherwise, I'll be here all day trying to catch breakfast, my lady. You will have to forgive me for not bowing this time." He chuckled heartily and turned his attention back towards his spot. "Thank you for the compliment on the case; not many in Kiri have a music appreciation." His mind flashed briefly as images of his father and him at home, listening to a recording of his mother by a fireside on a record. He shook his head as he felt a gentle tug on his pole and slowly reeled in and ceased and would see what would happen. For a few moments, his line bopped against the water's surface until the lure was then pulled below the surface. His grin turned into a smile as he pulled his feet dug into the soft beach sand, and the rods top portion dipped as he pulled it back and began to crank the reel pulling in his line.

His grin stood in elation as the fish he was bringing in breached the surface as he caught sight of it. It was a good large-sized rainbow trout. It would fill his stomach till lunch, but by then, he would be back in the village and hopefully shopping. He chuckled happily as the fish put up a valiant struggle a but ultimately, he was the victor pulling it out of the water and holding it up and measuring it with his eyes. Its tail wiggled as it dangled from the hook, and he looked at it sorrowfully. He did not relish killing, but it was for him to eat; he needed to kill. " I'm a sorry little guy but natural order and whatnot." As he moved towards rock and placed it as it flapped against the surface, he bent down, and with a singular stroke, he put the fish out of its misery. He put his line on one shoulder as he picked up the fish and Violin case. He made his way, little ways approximately four meters from his original spot, and began to gather wood and dried up patches of grass and form it into a small fire pit. once the wood was stacked, he would open his violin case.

He lifted out the bow and violin and set them carefully on a rock beside him. His eyes lingered for a moment out towards the Princess of the mist, and he returned them to the lining of his case as e pullup up the bottom, revealing a small hidden compartment. Inside was a few common spices as well as a filleting knife box of matches. He pulled out the box gave it a  little shake, and listened to the contents rattling about; he had a few left he would need to buy more. He pulled out a match and lit the tip of the match against the side, and tossed it into the wood. Gently blowing on the flames to help it breathe and spread across the dried beach grass. Soon a small fire began to roar to life as he pulled back and went to work on the fish.  Slicing open ints stomach and pulling out its innards and beginning to debone it gently placing them to the side. His hands slightly bloody; he would grab a small twig and put it through the mouth of the fish and out the end of it and began to sprinkle it with some salt and pepper on both sides. He lamented he didn't have any lemon to sprinkle it on, but it would do. taking the fish, he would move back towards the water and wash his hands clean before giving a delayed bow of respect towards the kit. "Apologies for the delayed show of respect had my hands a bit full. but while I wait for the fire to get going, would you care to join me by the fire, my lady, and chat?"
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:14 am

Oh! Kitsuki thought the moment Yuuto's finger touched his lips. It was the the universal symbol of a polite 'Shut up.' She took a moment to actually look at what he was doing. The stranger was fishing and making a lot of noise tended to scare the fish. This was something that Kit should know being the daughter of a merchant fisherman (among other goods) but she was so far removed from the family business that most of these lessons had been long forgotten. Discarded more like...I haven't held a fishing rod since.... Forever. Although just because she had neither the time nor inclination to fish, didn't mean she had any right to disturb this gentleman's past time. She smiled in response to his joke and nodded in agreement. Her reply would be in a much softer tone as she drew closer to him.

He accepted the compliment regarding his violin case noting that music appreciation was nothing something Kiri was known for. "Tell me about it" she whispered. "I play the flute and I can tell you there isn't much interest in this village beyond playing for people so rich they'll pay to have a whole orchestra to themselves just because they can" The complaint sounded contradictory considering Kitsuki herself was a "rich girl" and now a "Princess" but she never fully considered herself aristocracy in the same way others might. She was not from a founding shinobi clan, she was not born royalty, and her parents while wealthy, were technically of an immigrant background.

Kitsuki watched as Yuuto reeled in his morning catch. She could tell that he was pretty practiced. The deftness with which he operated the rod and brought in the trout was admirable. "Nice catch" she'd offer while still loitering about in his vicinity. She didn't mean to be a bother and if he gave further indication that he'd rather be left alone to cook and eat his fresh catch then she'd continue jogging. The direct indication never came. He went about his business killing the fish and gathering firewood. There was something mesmerizing about watching a commoner cooking breakfast. As fancy as Kit was trained to be, she knew that even as a Princess she should never lose sight of who she was acting in the name of. At the end of the day it was all for the people who didn't have butlers serve them the finest catch prepared by the best chefs in the world. Their rulership was and always should be for those who had to roll up their sleeves and do it themselves. When he looked at her for a moment while setting his violin case aside, she did her best not to blush or look uncertain. She wished she could make herself invisible and just observe him as he worked. Eventually, she might as well have been invisible as he continued working at his breakfast. Just as she thought she was practically stalking him, he bowed and apologized for his rudeness.

He was right that was improper to not greet a Princess right away, but Kit wasn't the kind of royal that would hold it against him. It was awfully snooty and a bit backwards in her opinion. It was her job to serve him and not the other way around. She nodded and smiled in response to his invitation. "Don't worry about it and sure I'd love to...I didn't mean to impose or anything, its just I can't remember the last time I've seen someone catch and cook a fish with my own eyes. My Dad used to take me and my sister occasionally but that feels like forever ago...." Kitsuki drew close to the morning fire he had created and sat down. Papa Kurahasa had wanted to teach his girls to be independent and to know their roots. He got more than he bargained for as Kit and Kat ended up being quite the troublemaking pair. So troublemaking that they were shipped off to private school.

Post by Yuuto Ryotoji Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:48 am

When he was finished washing his hands he would stare at her his knife in hand as he broke his eye contact and slipt it between his belt to the left side. His mood was visibly changed however when he heard her speak. Yuuto's heart actually leaped in joy. Hearing that there was a fellow musician in the mist that was also a shinobi. But let alone a princess of the mist. It did his heart good. He let out a chuckle as she also explained her dislike of the lack of music fans within the mist village. "Oh tell me about it rich people hiring for only special occasions bah to them. Music is a form of artistic expression not just for the enjoyment of the elite. Ahh a flute player you say, you picked a great instrument it has so much range and different styles to it." He paused for a moment and turned his attention back to the fire as he heard the wood begin to pop from the moisture that resided within it. HE turned his head and continued to speak his eyes never wavering from the princess's eyes.

"I play two instruments myself, my main is the piano and my secondary is well pretty obvious." He chuckled as he gestured with his head towards the violin case. He beamed happily though as she accepted his offer to join him at his fireside. His face was beaming excitedly much like a child a warm smile was carved upon his face. "Oh imposing no at all Lady, Company always makes food taste better as my father says... no said Sorry I'm still having trouble switching tenses." He would sit across from the princess as he walked over to the fish he prepared and held it in one hand he placed the knife back in the case carefully putting each of the ingredients back inside the hidden compartment.

"Well if you can't remember that last time it truly has been a while maybe the rich lives softened you up a bit. Just kidding my lady." He would cross his legs and place the fish just outside the center of the fire pointing the freshly caught fish towards the flame there he would let it sit and cook turning it every so often to cook it evenly. " Shame I don't have any fresh lemon to put on it really adds quite a delicious kick to it. With that, he would reach back and carefully grab his violin and how it and grab the bow. He would pluck a few strings and shook his head as he adjusted it at the ends gently tuning it till he heard that it was perfect. "how about a little song while I cook." He smirked and took a calming breath, " I don't normally play in front of other people but since your a fellow musician, I'll make an exception." With that, he closed his eyes and began to play on the violin. His fingers moving masterfully over the strings never missing a beat or playing a false note. He would play a song that was something he had made it was a soothing song one that would make the mind wander and imagine. He wondered what her mind would create when she heard this.

Yuuto's song
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sat May 01, 2021 3:26 pm

The fact that Yuuto was just as excited to meet another musician as she was made her smile. But when he said that the piano was his primary instrument, she was elated. She chuckled at his joke and his dismissal of the elites who saw music as just another prize to be captured and displayed with opulence. "Right?" When he praised her selection of the flute, she couldn't help but blush. It wasn't her best instrument and it had taken some getting to used to back at the WASP, but now she was glad that she had mastered it. There was indeed something so unique and versatile about the woodwind that made it the centerpiece of many an orchestra. Now that they had an instrument in common though, Kit was sure that they'd hit it off.

Without trying to sound too eager, she'd interject: "Me too! I've been playing it for  far longer than the flute...ever since I was like five" Kitsuki didn't want to brag but she considered herself a top tier piano player. The kind that could play at major shows. She had actually been the opening act for the Triumphant Aquatic Orchestra when they played the Winter Concert. It was a great honor but unfortunately she didn't have the time to pursue music as a full-time career. The principles of the WASP had called her and she had answered. Nevertheless, she never lost her touch with a piano's keys and she was always eager to practice. Now that she knew there was another competent piano player in Kiri (and he had to be if he also played the violin) then maybe she could squeeze some time out of her busy schedule to "jam" with him. Ugh....Maestero Ko hated that word... As she watched him cook the fish, she paid close attention to the words he used. He apologized for referring to his father in the present tense which clued her in to the possibility that his sire was dead or no longer in his life. Kit did the appropriate thing and said: "I'm sorry to hear that" but she didn't press. This gentleman was enjoying his breakfast and if he did not wish to go into further detail about his father then she would not pry. If he did, then she'd listen politely.

Luckily, Yuuto was willing to move on from that subject. He joked that being pampered in high society had made her "soft." She didn't take offense to the joke, even though she was quite literally the furthest thing in the world from soft. Kitsuki wasn't the type of Princess to get offended at that sort of thing, in fact, she was desperately trying to avoid that image. She wanted to be known as a high class, but still down to Earth ruler. Kitsuki nodded when he offered to play her a song. "I'd like that." Kit sat and listened as the beautiful music flooded the air around them. He was an expert, she could tell even before he began playing by the way he tuned the instrument. The notes he created without reading sheet music and the way he gripped the violin were all hallmarks of a true virtuoso. He's really good...if he can play the violin like this, I wonder how great he is with the piano? Kitsuki was flattered that he was playing for her, but she was also disappointed. Music this good should not be kept only to those who could produce it. It ought be shared and appreciated by the many. She didn't take verbal issue with his statement nor give any indication that she disapproved, but it didn't stop her from wondering why he refused to play for others.

Eventually, the music blocked out those thoughts. It was the only thing she could hear as she closed her eyes and allowed the melody to transport her elsewhere. Somewhere where there was no violence, no crime, and no terrorism. A paradise.

Post by Yuuto Ryotoji Mon May 03, 2021 3:59 pm

His fingers moved elegantly along the strings as his eyes remained closed. His primary focus was on playing them elegantly and correctly. His ears trained and his mind a mental image of a sheet of music of the current song he was playing. His own mental image of the song echoed within the back of his mind. A far green country under a swift sunrise. Atop a hilltop home with a swing attached to a large tree a place of peace and tranquility and love an image of a woman holding onto her child and singing to it. He heard the lady Kit speak about how she played the piano since she was also five years of age. He nodded his head still playing his song reaching the final climatic epilogue of the song.

He took a breath as he finished the song placing his violin on his lap and returned to gently roasting his Irish against the fireside turning it over onto the uncooked side. "Interesting we both learned to play the piano at the age of five maybe we had the same instructor hehe but not likely. My dad taught me how to play." He appreciated as she conveyed her sympathies for his father's passing. "I appreciate the sentiment, my lady. sadly though it was an inevitability for my father he had a heart deficiency sadly but I'm grateful he went painlessly thanks to the doctors. He was a splendid shinobi and a good man he taught me most of what I know today." He sighed as he smirked at fond memories of his father teaching him about being a sensory ninja.

He had a real knack for understanding it. Eventually learning on how to utilize the sensory technique at the age of 12. However, he kept quiet about that particular ability to most people. Being a sensor was somewhat uncommon and he honestly did not want to end up being in the barrier squad of the hidden mist village. No, he had grander designs than that in his mind. He began to gently stir the coals of the fire with a stick absentmindedly wanting the fire to be as warm as possible for his fish to cook. "Sorry about bringing down the mood somewhat. Do you mind if I ask you a question my lady it may seem somewhat abrupt as we have only just met and all. And no it's not will you go out with me hehe." He joked with her as he pulled the stick out of the coals and blew on the edge of the stick as it had caught a flame a little.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue May 04, 2021 5:24 am

Kitsuki smiled when Yuuto mentioned that his father had taught him how to play. It sounded like a sweet memory. Kit's own father had never learned to play an instrument, but he had hired a tutor when she showed aptitude for music. She had played for years and practiced religiously before she started hanging out with the wrong crowd. It took her being shipped off to private school to fall back in love with music. When the young man finished playing she couldn't help but give a light applause.

"That was phenomenal! You're really talented." When Yuuto mentioned that his father had passed on, she'd make sure to add. "I'm sure your father would be very proud of you." It was always sad to lose a family member, especially a parent. Kit was fortunate to still have her mom and dad but she knew that that may not last forever. Hearing how his father died of a bad heart made her feel a bit guilty. She didn't talk to her own dad nearly as much as she should. It wasn't because they were estranged or anything like that. She was literally just too busy these days. After hearing about Yuuto's father though, she resolved to stop by for a visit. Yuuto apologized for bringing down the mood but as far as she was concerned he had done nothing wrong. His father had taught him to play music and so it was kind of hard not to bring up the fact that he was no longer among the living. Kitsuki blushed when he joked about asking her out. She laughed along with the joke and said "Sure. Fire away." He was a nice enough fellow but despite their shared love of music, he wasn't exactly her type.

Post by Yuuto Ryotoji Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 pm

As he finished talking he turned his attention to his fish stared at it for a few moments as he carefully observed it. he didn't wanna burn his breakfast to be a waste honestly. He turned his head as he heard kit compliment him on his violin playing. He gave a respectful but humble bow. "I do what I can my lady, practice when I can." He noted her chuckle and blush slightly. Was it perhaps an act r perhaps she was honestly flattered. It was so hard to tell with kunoichi. They were trained for deceiving men. He had a few burning questions he wanted to ask her but he didn't want to seem overeager or seem like he was using her in any sort f fashion. No, He honestly genuinely wanted to be friends with her and not take advantage of her generosity such as it was.

Plus he knew what she could do to him if she got angry enough. The thought of her punching him and him splattering into pieces. Viscera and blood splattering everywhere sent a chill up his spine. He took a calming breath and took the fish from the fireside and examined it and blew on it a few times as he held it with both hands. " I was just curious my lady, what the process was to learn the hidden mists jutsus, I have one in mind for my skill level and all and think it would pair well with my Special talents."

He looked about noting that there was no one else around thankfully. He leaned in and whispered. " I'm a really good sensory shinobi my dad taught me. Pairing that with the silent killing would make me a very deadly asset to the hidden mist. Please don't let the higher-ups know just yet I REALLY don't wanna be put into the barrier corps I have a much bolder ambition." He beemed almost childishly and blew on his fish and took a chunk out of it and ate rather more refined  keeping his mouth closed chewing silently.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Fri May 14, 2021 2:17 am

He's adorably modest Kit thought as she smiled at him. Kitsuki was glad that he understood true musical genius came from practice and not talent. It didn't matter how natural one was at an instrument. If they truly wanted to call themselves one of the greats, they had to make it their everything. It was why Kitsuki, as amazing a piano player as she was, could never truly call herself the best. She was not fully dedicated to it as an art form and because of that she'd never acheive the recognition she sought. Maestro Ko was her coach and champion in the musical word, but he'd rather sever his own tongue than lie about her ability. She was world-class to be sure, but the word was big and there were others who put their heart and soul into their craft.

They'd play circles around her.

Kit just had to be content with what she had and it sounded like Yuuto was too. So when he asked her a question, she braced herself for it to be something personal and deep. He wasn't going to ask her out, he had already made that clear in awkward albeit humorous fashion. What came out of his mouth changed her entire demeanor. She stopped, looked away, and looked back at him as if he had just spoken to her in another language. Kitsuki was an expert at etiquette and nothing, no matter how outrageous, could break her frame. If she was in state and did not want to react to something then she would not react. But when she was sitting down at lakeside with one of her shinobi, listening to wonderful music, and enjoying a fish breakfast after a hard day at training, she was not at her most polished. Her graces guard was let down.

So when Yuuto point blank asked her about learning the Kiri Exclusives, she couldn't help but blurt out "What?" in response to his question. Kitsuki's smile was wiped away and she suddenly was very business-like. The Princess's posture had gone from relaxed and open to stiff and alert. She sat up and turned to face him directly as she listened to his rationale. He was whispering, which meant he knew that the matter of Kiri's Exclusives was a sensitive subject. Kitsuki didn't recognize this young man which meant that he had no business even asking for it. How does he even know about the Hidden Mist Jutsu?! He didn't strike her as an upper-tier shinobi but maybe he was. Kit's tone shifted and she replied to him as he ate his fish. Suddenly, the meal looked wholly undesirable. She had lost her appetite.

"Listen..." she wanted to say his name but she realized he had never given it.  She pressed on regardless. "Please don't speak so casually about our exclusives. I'm not sure how you even know about the Hidden Mist Jutsu but if your asking for it because you're a sensor then you must know its one of our most powerful stealth and infiltration techniques. I'm going to have to politely decline your request and ask that you do not bring it up  again. Not with me or any of the other Princesses. There is a process that you must go through before you're even considered for something like that. Are you even a Jounin? Chuunin?"

Kitsuki abruptly stood. She no longer felt safe or comfortable with this young man. Kit's brows knitted together and she was now visibly annoyed. She now understood why he had deeply prefaced his question. He knew he had no right to ask and she didn't appreciate how he had reeled her in only to talk about how to get more power. It felt like he planned on using her even though she doubted that was his intention. She was less angry at him for asking and more angry at herself for letting her guard down. Again. When will I learn...the only people who want to be friends with me nowadays are people who want something. They all want something. Kit crossed her arms and thought about how to extricate herself from the situation.

Was this all some kind of setup? What game is he playing? What does he mean by bolder ambition? Kitsuki was anxiety spiraling. She had so many enemies coming at her from all angles, she couldn't even enjoy a fish breakfast without worrying about her future. She didn't want to stay here anymore. She wanted to leave.

Post by Yuuto Ryotoji Sun May 16, 2021 5:56 pm

Once again he tore into the meat of the fish that was on his cooking stick. Letting out pants as he bit into a particularly hot piece and attempted to cool it. He however was somewhat surprised though. He looked at her as she seemed to have gotten angry at him. All for what though? for asking about the appeal process. He wasn't planning on learning the Jutsu immediately no far from it he needed more time as a shinobi. He turned his head quizzically at her as she went on to lecture him and asking him about how he knew the name of one of the exclusive Jutsu of the hidden mist village. When she finished speaking he calmly took another bite out of his fish and chewed on it silently for a few moments before swallowing and placing his on the rock he was sitting on.

He remained perfectly calm as he took in a breath. His voice is unwavering as he spoke calmly. "My lady, I think you misunderstood my intent. First of all no I'm not a chunnin or jounin I'm still a genin. I am simply planning my future ahead of me setting goals and such. Secondly, I only asked about the appeal process was this a three princess's decision for them to allow or was there some form of paperwork then I submit it, or is it based on merit alone, and thirdly, how I know about that particular Jutsu was my father used it to save me during a hostile situation, that jutsu is used mainly for assassination usage." He took a breath and looked at her. his eyes unwavering no hint of deceit in them or in his voice or actions.

"But as your request, this will be the last you hear me speak about that particular topic. I serve the mist loyalty and will follow the commands of my princess to the best of my capabilities." He picked up his fish and took another chunk off his eyes staring now into the fire. The once fun conversation seemed to be lost now due to a simple misunderstanding between him and his princess. It was a shame really they had been getting along so well now there was doubt and mistrust about her that she aimed at him. He could see that much in her eyes. He had no qualms with her or hatred but if this was how all princesses acted towards their shinobi it would give a normal man doubts.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun May 16, 2021 10:51 pm

When Yuuto gave her a dumb look as if she was getting angry for no reason, Kit only got more pissed off. She was reminded of her conversation with one Daisuke Kaguya. The obliviousness and lack of decorum was astounding when it came to the young men of her generation. And this is why I don't date boys my age... Kit sighed in exasperation as Yuuto tried to explain himself. He claimed that he just wanted to know the "appeals process" of how to gain the technique. She wasn't sure precisely what he was talking about but from the way he was speaking it sounded like one of the Princesses had already rejected him and that he was trying to get around their refusal. This was rather ironic as getting any of them to agree on something nowadays was next to impossible. Yuuto's quest for one of Kiri's most potent exclusives might prove the exception to that rule.

He claimed to know about it because his father had used it to protect him. The backstory to his interest was sweet but unconvincing. Kit was disappointed that a high ranking shinobi would go as far as to explain to his son what the jutsu was and how it worked, but given the circumstances she would not begrudge him. The Kiri of yesteryear was a different place. Yuuto backed off the subject and swore not to bring it up again. He went back to eating his fish and Kitsuki was tempted to just leave him right where he was.

Part of her did feel guilty for being so suspicious. Lots of people came at her with agendas and they often used honeyed words to worm their way into her busy schedule. They made small talk, established common ground, and then immediately tried to extract whatever rent they wanted from her title. Kit was fed up with it and she had hoped she could enjoy one morning where she didn't have to indulge someone's ambitions. Even though Yuuto plainly meant well, she wasn't pleased with how he had went about asking. This wasn't the time nor place. The fact that he was a genin made his request all the more inaprorpiate. He was lucky to know about the technique but asking how he could obtain it was way above his paygrade. Kitsuki decided she'd stick around if only to give him a piece of advice.

"Look, I appreciate your loyalty and your desire to improve yourself as a shinobi. I'm sure it will take you far. But that technique is an exclusive which means its off-limits to most Jounin and Chuunin, and totally out of the question for a genin. Asking the process for how to obtain one of our most potent espionage tools is entirely inappropriate for someone of your rank. Don't do it again. When the jutsu is available to you, you will be the first to know...."

Kitsuki hated that she had to lecture him on this point. She didn't want to be a mean Princess but she had to shut this kind of thinking down immediately. Yuuto could not go around asking the other Princesses for this jutsu nor could he could go around speaking of learning it so casually. Kit looked at the fire and sighed before adding:

"I don't mean to be stern its just....I don't really feel like entertaining requests this morning. I just wanted to...." Kit looked off into the distance. I just wanted to be normal for a little while...just hang out...

Post by Yuuto Ryotoji Sun May 23, 2021 3:41 pm

Once again.. she was giving him a lecture. It reminded him of his father about he said not to ever steal or for breaking a vase in the house he couldn't remember honestly to well he was at a very young age at the time. But he remembered that tone all too well. She was condescending to him like he was a brat. He was sixteen years old not some eight-year-old child. He knew what he asked for was slightly inappropriate and yet she continued to berate him. This only made his pulse faster and anger began to slowly grow within his gut. Much like a geyser sooner or later it was going to erupt. If she kept this up he might pop off something he might regret saying. His fists clenched in anger as he took calming breaths when she added that he would be let known when it became available to him.

Inside his mind, so many insults were rattling through his mind. He wanted to say 'Yeah that's what most people say when they really mean you are not good enough and won't ever be good enough to learn that.' However, he held his tongue. He took a calming breath and poked the fire embers at the bottom once again with a stick and began to devour the last bits of his fish breakfast. He looked at her as he wiped his mouth off and noted a sadness in her eyes. what was it that could be bothering her. She was a princess she could have anything in the world to her practically handed to her on a silver platter. Not to mention she was the strongest kunoichi in the entire village. "As I said earlier I won't speak of it again till I get strong enough. Let's just change the subject alright. were practically the same age here let's let go of the whole shinobi and business talk and act our age hehe."

His once rigid body posturing relaxed as he tossed in the makeshift cooking stick into the fire. He snapped his fingers and smirked. "You know I just remembered you know there's a cave nearby that no one really uses. My dad showed me it one time wanna check it out? It's got a really cool room in there I think you'd like." his tone was once again friendly and warm as he extended his invitation to the princess. It was a hidden gem his father had found in the mist least that's what his father told him when he said that he "Discovered" it. Honestly, he was trying to make up for his blatant blunder about asking her about the appeal process.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun May 30, 2021 3:15 pm

Kitsuki wouldn't need to talk to guys like Yuuto if they acted their age and not like children. The same issue she had with Daisuke, she had with Yuuto. He spoke first and thought second. She could tell he was getting angry. Whatever male hormones he had coursing through his veins, it wasn't enough for him to challenge her. He could give her attitude and ball his fists up, but he was still just a little boy to her. A rude one at that. Still, she felt exasperated. She didn't want things to turn into bad vibes and she was disappointed that it had turned out like this. It was like there was no escape from her job and duties as Princess. He offered to change the subject and she nodded.

I think he's got the picture...

The genin finished his breakfast and offered to take her into a hidden cave where a room could be found. Kitsuki was taken aback by the offer. If she had been the same girl from three years ago, she'd have declined out of fear for her own safety. The question was suspicious to say the least and if it was for his skill with music, she'd have considered it rather creepy. It could have been a benign offer but it just came out left field. She didn't want to hurt his feelings though as he did seem to be a genuine person. She also had nothing to fear from him safety-wise. If there was something in the cave that could kill her, she might actually want to see it and prevent it from hurting others.

"Um...Sure?"

Post by Yuuto Ryotoji Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:04 am

He smiled happily remaining in a calm state of mind as he heard her give her answer about his invitation to the cave. He nodded his head and began to kick dirt onto the fire until it was extinguished. He carefully picked up his violin and placed it back in its case along with the other objects he had taken out. Quietly humming to himself until it was finished he would pick up the case along with his pack. He looked out towards the lake and back along the forest lining the area getting his bearings moving his finger and nodded his head as he configured a mental map within his mind. It wasn't very far but the cave was well hidden and rightly so by his father and him. He had many fond memories within that cave to him it was more than just some hole that was formed in the earth it was his place of inspiration and place of solitude,

Slinging his pack over his shoulder he nodded his head gesturing for him to follow. He would walk slowly into the forest cutting through the bushes. The sound of snapping twigs echoed every so often. His feet treading along the grass. He looked about every so often pausing to get his bearings and to make sure that Kit was behind him. Once he saw she was in sight he would continue along with his stride through the forest. Onwards they would walk about a half-mile away from the lake there was a cliffside overladen with bushes. He smiled as he ran his hand against the cliff walking alongside it. He stopped and gently parted some fallen tree branches and parted some brush as he stepped into a cleverly disguised opening. He let the light wash into the entrance as he smiled and reached into his pack and pulled out the flint and steel and moved along the side of the wall. Intricately carved into the walls were small canals there was the scent of oil as he struck a few times and suddenly a trail of flame light the way nothing explosive mind you more of a gentle firelight.

He smiled and put the flint back in his pack as he smiled. "Ok dad may have mad a slight alteration to the cave but hey it's better than stumbling about in the dark." He chuckled as he gestured with his hand for Kit to follow him. He would stroll down the dimly light pathway of the cave happily placing his hands in his pockets as he strolled down. He could hardly wait to see the reaction on her face when she saw what was inside this cave was surprisingly deep descending now at a downward angle. He would dec end and about 20 meters before him there was a dim glow of light. he knew it was phosphorescent mushrooms that gave light to this area as there was no longer any light from the flames ahead. He would walk slowly and stand at the opening and face Kit.

"Welcome to the Gem hidden in the mist." He smiled and stepped aside gesturing her to enter. Inside was a large cavern area. Various colorful fauna lined along with various types of quartz crystals that wetre not valuable but still pretty to look at were scattered about in the walls and ground. The walls teemed with phosphorescent plants. It was almost like an amphitheater in size. In the center of the room was a large pool of water the scent of sulfur in the air as it was a natural hot spring location. It was an oval-shaped body of water and a natural divider of boulders along the center making for jumping-off points for either end. However, the hot spring wasn't the only thing about the cave that made it a gem this very chamber they were residing in was an acting resonance chamber it was his favorite place to practice music or even sing in private.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:48 am

This better not be some kind of death trap...or even worse...a goofball attempt at romance.

Kitsuki's face was neutral as Yuuto extinguished his fire, gathered his belongings, and charted their course to his mystery location. Kit silently followed as he led them through a thick brush. During their trek, she couldn't help but wonder how strange this all felt. The music, the request, the invitation. All of it seemed rather odd, although given her life story so far, it was probably par for the course. She didn't say a word as the pair moved across the training field and into the mouth of the cave. Yuuto lit the way for them (literally) and Kit couldn't help but smile. Its cheesy but convenient she thought to herself as she followed him down the path. She braced for some kind of unpleasant surprise when instead she was greeted with a bio-luminescent glow. The shine drew her nearer and she found herself entranced by it. She followed Yuuto out of the narrow passage and was awe-struck by the sight of what lay before her.

"Welcome to the Gem hidden in the mist."
    "Wow" she said out of genuine surprise.

The cavern was gorgeous. It was lined with plants she had never seen before and decorated with crystals that appeared otherworldly. ⵉ ⴳⵓⴻⵙⵙ ⵜⵀⵉⵙ ⵉⵙ ⵡⵀⴻⵔⴻ ⵢoⵓⵔ ⵙⵓppoⵙⴻⴷ ⵜo ⴽⵉⵙⵙ ⵀⵉⵎ. Kit was so amazed by the wonder of the cavern that she didn't have a mind to rebuke Zizz like she normally would. Instead, she walked forward and gazed at the beauty around them. She found it impressive that Yuuto's father had discovered the area by himself. It was like a paradise right underneath their very noses. As Princess her first instinct was to open it up to the public. The people had a right to enjoy the hidden treasure that lay below them. She immediately dismissed the thought. This place was obviously dear to Yuuto and given his father's passing, she would not want to spoil his memory of it by publicizing his secret.  

"Hello! Hello! Hello!" she shouted as her voice echoed throughout the cavern. As a fellow musician, she had the same thought that he did. The vibrating resonance of this area would make for an epic practice hall. Kitsuki smiled and turned to Yuuto before clapping her hands in pseudo-mock applause.

"I'm impressed. This is actually really cool." The gesture might have seemed sarcastic but Kit was actually glad he showed her this place. It was indeed something to behold.

Post by Yuuto Ryotoji Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:35 am

Yuuto smiled as he looked about at the beautifully lit cavern. the various geodes and crystals along with the interior really made him feel at home. Honestly, this was his favorite place in the entire land of water. A secret that he now shared with the princess. He watched as her expression went from neutral as she came from the entrance and beamed excitedly in amazement about what she was seeing before her. Honestly, he had the same reaction when his dad took him to this place. He smiled happily as he heard her express her amazement with just a simple wow. "Wow is right My lady, this is my little hideout where i go to think and relax after a hard day of training." He smiled as he slowly moved towards the water. Steam rising up from it as he ran his hand through the surface of the water. The water itself was like hot bathwater but it was not overly hot to cause any problems no perfect temperature to just sit back and soak and relax.

He pulled his hand back from the water just as she shouted out hello. The cave's natural formation making it a perfect resonance chamber. He couldn't help but let out a hearty laugh at her antics. She was really just like him in age. Just one with a lot of power in her grasp both metaphorically and physically. " I am glad to hear that you find this place pleasing my lady. I hoped to show this would show how sincere I was with my apology for my behavior earlier I was out of line. I just wanted to get to know you and maybe be friends."

He blushed slightly in embarrassment. He was never very good about expressing his feelings very well to other people since his father died. "Anyways this place is yours to use whenever you like but please Don't tell anyone else without talking to me first it has a lot of sentimental value to me and please don't litter hehe." He smiled as he looked about solemnly at the cave his eyes slightly quivering as memories of times with his father washed over him like a tidal wave. His fingers clutched at the necklace he had beneath his shirt absentmindedly he pulled it from his shirt and gently caressed his thumb across the rose petal-shaped locket.

Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:54 pm

Kitsuki stepped forward and took in the beauty of her surroundings. The gem, the acoustics, the hot springs, this sort of place could be a resort fit for a Princess. The business part of Kitsuki (the part she got from her own Dad) was already running the numbers on how much money could be made from tourism alone. That wasn't even factoring in the mining or the astronomical music sales from the acoustics in this natural theater. Kitsuki's profit-seeking thoughts ground to a halt though when Yuuto expained that he wanted to show that he was sincere in his apology and that he didn't want there to be any hard feelings between them. She felt even more restrained when he explicitly asked her not to tell anyone about this location. Kitsuki looked around and thought about what a waste it all was to keep it to themselves, but she quickly dismissed the thought.

No...its not a waste. This is his secret place. A gem that his father had shown him. I cannot betray that trust. Kitsuki looked longingly at one of the gemstones encrusted into the wall. How nice it would have been to take one of them and use it for her clothing designs. Kitsuki tore her eyes away from the precious stones and faced Yuuto.

"Thank you. For bringing me here I mean, and no need to apologize. I overreacted a bit. Being a leader can be tense sometimes and occasionally it feels like everyone wants something. Rarely is it friendship. I'll respect your wish and keep this place between us. It really is beautiful and I'd like to visit again sometime...without any littering of course" she said with a smile. The hot springs looked incredibly inviting but she was not daring enough to try that out yet, not unless she was absolutely she he wouldn't be around. The thought made her blush and rather than look shy, she hopped off and explored the cave for a bit. Once she had her fill, Kitsuki turned back to Yuuto and said: "I probably need to get going and finish my jog. Thanks for keeping me company and showing me this place Yuuto. I won't forget it." she bowed politely and then made for the exit.

She wanted to be friends with this young man. He seemed like a nice enough fellow and if he was in need of military guidance, she'd make sure that her door was always open to him. She had yet to take a proper student and after today, Yuuto had rocketed to the top of her list.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:46 am