Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Eating out (open)

Anonymous

Eating out (open) Empty Eating out (open)

Post by Guest Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:22 am

"What a beautiful and stable village. Everything smells nice!" mused Renny. Walking around happily, there was all sorts of new sights for Renny to take in. Picking himself out of some stupor, Renny had already forgotten what alleyway's accomodations he'd been in before. Bringing nothing of value into Kumogakure should tend to make a man unthreatening. Eyeing his surroundings only brought Renny on a casual hike for whatever might randomly come for today.

A bulky, loose, and fluffy jumpsuit dragged itself with Renny's steps. Any purple and white design is hard to make out on Renny's clothes. Knocking on some foodie places, Renny looked to sample some good food without getting hazed by shinobi. Checking in with the authorities and being tracked around hasn't bothered Renny. Plain fun and a good village's food might just be all Renny's looking for.

"Much appreciated," Renny said to a vendor. Stuffing his face full while walking, the visitor wondered if there's any parties coming up, and if he can see some new jutsu tricks.

Food:
    Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Eating out (open) Empty Re: Eating out (open)

Post by Ryuko Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:51 am

“Tis quite a queer way to eat a cake” remarked Ryuko. She happened to be passing though the area on her way back from an important meeting at the local church when she spotted Renny chowing down. While the man was tall it was the way he was consuming his pasty that made him really stand out. It wasn’t often you saw someone bite into an entire cake while on the run like that. A slice perhaps but never the entire thing. It was as she had said most peculiar.

Ryuko for her part was dressed not in her battle armor or kage robes but in her dull purple with gold trim vestal attire. Complete with her stardust staff in hand she looked every inch like you’d expect to see from a shrine maiden except for the golden arch-angle tiara on her forehead marking her to those in the know as the Queen of the Kingdom of Thunder.

“Could I offer you something to wash that down? A nice wine perhaps?” She offered. It wasn’t like she had time to spend with just anyone who came to her lands but something about Renny had peaked her curiosity so she figured she could spare him a few minutes at least

[1]

Stats
    Strength: B
    Constitution: B
    Stamina: A-> A++ (Arch Angel's Tiara)
    Speed: B
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: B
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:26 pm

Spoiler:

"I'll take anything I can get!" Renny was choked in surprise, someone actually came. Events always come by quick and leave just as quick, Renny's lucky that Kumogakure hasn't closed down some potential fun places. On his way to an event, the universe sometimes has other plans. Winding around, Renny looks back at his newly acquiantence, and no sense of danger comes to him.

To be perfectly clear, Renny is already choking, he can't get in any more danger! The most pleasing and interesting experience is often one with death. Even if a holy maiden has arrived, the Grim Reaper's eyes are all Renny's joy can discover fully.

"I-I'd like some nice red wine maybe, great to have with pastries that won't kill me. What's your name?" Gulping, Renny motions his chin to the unbitten half of the cake. It's always great to leave leftovers. Shuffling over to Ryuko, the similar-named Renny's jumpsuit gets more chunky after he wolfs down some of his cake safely.
    Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Ryuko Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:04 am

From the way the man said that he would take anything he could get to the way he was woofing down his cake, it was enough to make Ryuko wonder if he was down on his luck. Cake used to be considered a luxury but these days it was fairly cheap. It wasn’t what she would consider the most nutritious meal but it was better than nothing in a pinch, at least in the short term. That said telling a starving peasant to just eat cake if they had no other food was a quick way to earn yourself a trip to a guillotine.

“Red wine huh? Consider it done. While I’m at it, can I interest you in a proper meal? Tis no need to worry, I would never knowingly serve a guest something harmful” she said reassuringly. To her his request was a simple one. She couldn’t feed everyone in the country even if she wanted to but one person was no trouble. Reaching into a pouch on her waist she pulled out a small bottle of D’ont Poke the bear with one hand and two wine glasses with another.

The wine bottle:

She had been carrying with her in order to share with Shimiko later but she figured her sister wouldn’t mind her giving some away when they had plenty more to spare back at the palace.
    True being the Queen she could afford to import the really expensive brands from overseas if she wanted to but the truth was she preferred the more down to earth tastes. Lord knew she had enough experience drinking wine to know that cost didn’t always translate directly to taste.

“Ryuko, Vestal of the Divine Church of Hakkin at your service.” she said, introducing herself with polite curtsy, being a Queen she bowing was out of the question. There were very few citizens who wouldn’t recognize her enough to need to ask for her name, well outside of her student Tsumi but he was an outlier. Well if Renny didn't know she saw no need to tell him just quite yet. It was easier dealing with strangers when they didn’t defer to her out of respect on everything simply because she was royalty.

“Tis a good day for a drink.” She said as she offered Renny a glass and began pouring some wine into it until the glass was just on the verge of overflowing before pouring herself some next. “Well we’re here, might I inquire about your name my good sir?” she asked. She could hide a lot about herself but her polite and regal way of speaking was often the most difficult.

[2]

Stats
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:58 am

Following Ryuko, Renny begins to take a more clear look. Ryuko looks familiar, and to Renny's worldly knowledge most things tilt toward something he knows about. Even with his worldly knowledge, Renny considers himself relatively grounded, as he knows a village has information departments who're just as capable as him. Sobered to his position, Renny doesn't begin to inflate his respect too much.

"Thanks! I'd love to, I'm easily pleased," replying briefly, Renny looks forward to some subtle wine and dine, might as well always try. Renny can't decide between judging someone carrying around wine in their storage seal, or being more impressed. Not thinking much about it, Renny figures it's easy to find out he's a traveler anyway and generally worry-free. Depositing his unshared leftovers while accompanying Ryuko, Renny's eyes glean while looking at the wine's eyepatch.

Free to stumble into any foodie place, Renny's indeed easily pleased and easily assorts this now-best event in his already-empty schedule. The higher the status of someone, the less visibility and uncomfortability Renny might have to experience by sensory ninja. Not a criminal and not an employee, Renny doesn't need to mingle in militia standings, but it's definitely better to not have to be watched every second.

"My name's Renny, no particular association just yet, just like to study what's new and exciting. Anything new and exciting for you?" excitable, Renny's a bit apologetic, not having introduced himself first. Minding his words have become a habit, the first thing he thought when he saw that wine was implanting eyeballs, and that couldn't be good for anyone's appetite. The most special things in a village are leaders, crafters, and special technique users. Renny could be considered one of them, and he's got a dubious way to implant he found on a black market he can't help but think about.

Smiling, Renny went to start his meal with Ryuko, but waited first since he's poor. Not judging Ryuko solely off the wine they pulled out, at least Renny can assume they're pleasant and orderly to fit their standing. A hospitable person such as this, Kumogakure seems like it runs well and close-knit for a reason. Not wanting to be considered a spy, Renny's hopeful any sensitive information he hears doesn't tie him to the village for years still. Taking a long sip of his wine, regrets might go away. At least Renny can carry some burdens in this private setting.

Gulping, Renny begins to have a misunderstanding. Ryuko wants Renny to implant an eyeball? Capisce, he got the signal off the wine.
    Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer
    Catnapper

Post by Ryuko Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:05 pm

Ryuko wasn’t particularly worried about spies being in her country. The location of Kumogakure hadn’t been a secret for years. Once it had leaked they had transitioned from being super secretive to allowing for some tourism. The downside of having the capital of your control also being a military base meant it was bound to attract some but on the plus size it also meant her forces were always nearby for added security. Any place in the village that was considered sensitive was under heavy guard leaving the rest to be relatively peaceful.

This wasn’t Moonspire, a town that had been filled almost entirely with civilians at the time of its destruction. Even at the peak of the war nobody had tried to cause trouble here because it would have been sheer suicide. In any case her job wasn’t to worry about small fries, with her experience level it was easy to tell how strong somebody was just by analyzing someone for a little while. From what she’d seen of Renny so far he seemed harmless enough.

Of course if he was dumb enough to pull some stunt and got caught he’d likely ended up gutting like a fish by one of the village’s many Jashinst. It was a cruel fate but she wouldn’t feel the least bit sorry for him since you reaped what you sowed. Conversely as long as he kept on the straight and narrow they were more than happy to have him around.

“If that’s enough to make you happy, wait until you try the cookies.” Ryuko said as she pulled out a bag of chocolate chip cookies and offered it to Renny. She’d like to take credit for baking them but she rarely had time to spend in the kitchen when she had an entire country to run. No, these had been made by her good friend Ayano the owner of a large restaurant chain and professional chef. They were, in a word delicious.

Taking the lead she walked Renny over to a nearby food court that was packed with various stalls. All the Japanese standards you could think of from Ramen to Sushis and rice balls and even a few westren stands that served sandwiches. It wasn’t what anyone would call high dining but instead focused on serving good food at a reasonable price.

“Charmed to make your acquaintance Renny. Feel free to pick whichever you’d like from these stands, tis my treat today, a gift from one researcher to another” she said as she considered how best to answer his question about what was new and exciting for her. She hadn’t been back from her interdimensional trip for long and trying to explain what had gone on with that was a story and a half in of itself just from the bits she remembered.

“With the war winding down tis been mostly business as usual for the most part. I did however finally get around to inspect the Royal Kumogakure Training Facility the other day. Not to brag but I found the building to be most impressive. I would most definitely recommend visiting at least once even for those with no association with the shinobi arts.” The sheer scale of the building alone made for quite the spectacle.

“What do I have to thank for your presence on our fine shores. Business? Pleasure? Or a bit of both?” she asked with a somewhat slightly suggestive and playful tone. She wasn’t interested in men in any sexual manner but that didn’t mean she didn’t know how to be charming towards one. It wasn’t like she was trying to be particularly nosy either but since she liked to study new and exciting things herself she was mildly interested in what Renny was up to.

She had a feeling that Renny was starting to cotton onto her identity which in some ways might make things simpler. She was known as a great sage for her wisdom (unrelated to her actual sage powers which she didn’t publicly broadcast outside of her innermost circle.) While she was far from omninessant she knew at least a little bit on a broad array of subjects which meant she was generally pretty good at giving out advice. As long as what Renny wanted didn’t run against national interests she wouldn’t mind lending him a bit of a hand. If nothing else it would help alleviate her boredom some.

[3]

Stats
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:25 pm

Renny didn't think too much about the cookie being a family heirloom, or whether it was passed down from Ryuko snagging goods from a prior party. Experienced in baking himself, it doesn't mean Renny isn't easygoing, he'll enjoy the thought of the cookies at least. Whether treasure or trash, the cookies are munched on and bring Renny happiness while on his walk with Ryuko. They taste better than what he can make at least.

"Likewise Ryuko. I'll treat myself this time, always nice to have a set, would you want something?" trailing Ryuko, Renny's voice hovers as he already presents himself to the closest stands. Eating too much can make someone slower, so Renny's just going to eat faster before he starts to find something he needs to focus on. Village politics can be worrisome and Renny's relaxed enough to just focus on his own needs. All the food stands of the cloud village are enchanting, even the most basic things can show how nice a village is.

"A shame, wonder if lessons are learned from the war. I'd love to have a look one of these days at the training facility, marvel at the architecture at least," sighing about the war faintly, Renny promptly went to grab himself rice balls and a sandwich from 2 separate stands, a bit pushy. Having survived any conflict, it's hard for Renny to relate to any hostilities. Living his life freely, there's dozens of things that Renny can do, and he's familiar with most shinobi methods. Missions seem troublesome. Eating freely like right now, Renny figures that's hard to do on many missions.

"Haha, pleasurable business perhaps. Today hasn't disappointed yet," Renny reflected "have you traveled a bit, on non-official business? I'm looking to elevate my value you could say." Showing high ambitions, Renny's smart enough to avoid that. Not feeling like he's getting feeled out, it's still best he doesn't embarrass himself at least. Value is always fluid and untouchable. Even before he could elevate his values, there's no funding, Renny's just traveling to find a starting point. Enjoying his meal with his fellow researcher, Renny finds value in just that. Research can be the prospect of something new, an endless fruitless revolution in day-to-day, and a new friend's just the same.
    Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer
    Catnapper

Post by Ryuko Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:17 am

“I”m good thanks. I’m fasting in preparation for performing my priestess duties at the coming end of the war festival.” she explained. That was the truth but she was omitting the fact that she didn’t need to eat much in general these days. The fact she could survive on a fraction of supplies that a normal human required was an advantage she wasn’t keen to advertise.

“Oh I’m sure there are many lessons to be had, the real question is will they be the correct ones?” she asked half rhetorically. People that didn’t learn from experience were simply foolish. She was sure every village would soon be reviewing their experiences from the war trying to figure out what they had done well in order to be able to kill the enemy better next time and where they had done badly in order to avoid their own troops being killed. Sadly humans never seemed to learn the real lesson that war was bad. Oh sure they would know it for a time and commit to not fighting again but would inevitably revert back after maybe a decade, maybe two if they were lucky.

She didn’t have much to comment on how much food Renny was getting for himself. Perhaps she had been spending too much time around her new student Tsumi lately since Renny’s meal seemed merger in comparison. Of course being a Queen she was so astronomically rich that Renny could have cleared out the entire plaza of food and the bill wouldn’t even make a dent in her coffers. Not that she would have allowed him to get to that point.

“If you’re interested in architecture we’ve got a lot of great buildings. The Royal palace is closed but you can still visit sights like Shimiko Tower, St. Memori's Cathedral or New Boros. That last one in particular is literally modelled after a place not of this world.” she exclaimed. It wasn’t every day you got the chance to experience the building style from another dimension. It was a shame Moonspire had been destroyed in the war and that she couldn’t take him to see the Tower that had been there. At the time of it’s construction it had been considered one of the crown jewels of the entire country.

“Let’s hope I can keep things that way then. I would be remiss as a host if my guests left less than satisfied.” Much of Ryuko’s money had come from owning stocks in the service industry so she was well versed in the ways of customer satisfaction. She wanted tourists like Renny to enjoy their time in her country. Both because then they would be more willing to come back and visit a second time and because they would tell their friends about the experience, essentially acting as word of mouth advertising. He might not be a citizen but Renny was a vital part of her economy just the same by his mere presence here.

“I’ve travelled quite a bit. To the land of Frost before it became part of the Kingdom. Kariforunia Island over in the Land of Earth, heck I’ve even been overseas to the country of Vladveria. Sadly though whenever I’ve been out of the Country it’s always been for work.” Before Ryuko had become the Queen, heck even before she had become a Gennin she had been a noblewoman. Whenever her family had taken her with them on a trip to another land it had always been for diplomatic purposes and never simply vacation. She had simply been carted along for the ride as their mascot of sorts.

It was only now that the war was winding down that she was making plans for a trip that was solely for personal purposes even if she was using work as an excuse to go on it. The hardest part about being royalty was it restricted her freedom to do her own thing in a lot of ways which meant she couldn’t just leave on a whim outside of emergencies.

“I’d like to see more of the world someday. Maybe visit my clan’s ancestral homeland.” Her accent didn’t show up in her speech much these days other than her constantly turning the word It into Tis but she was of half gernamic descent. Her clan had once fled from overseas and apparently still owned land there. She figured she should check it out at least once during her extended lifetime.

“Value is all in the eye of the beholder I suppose. Personally speaking, I always admire the desire for self improvement. If you’re looking for a job I’m always on the lookout for fresh talent, you’d be surprised about the amount of gems that could be had with just a bit of polishing.” Ryuko said with a grin. She herself had started out with almost nothing to her name and was now the single most powerful woman in the entire country. Most of her best men and women had also started out from simple humble origins. If Renny didn’t think he had enough value for her to hire him then the simple solution was to help him obtain that value while on the job.

[4]

Stats
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:24 am

Nodding his head, Renny didn't press to force-feed his companion. Infact, Ryuko did say they're related to a church, must be a pleasant place to last through Ryuko's youth at least. Patting his tummy, Renny's satisfied for this round of meals himself. Adjusting his bulky jumpsuit by rubbing shoulders, Renny doesn't disagree with Ryuko's rhetorical question, a silent acceptance and acknowledgement with Renny's continued faint nodding. On first glance, Renny can seem to shift in anxiety.

Thriving in conflict, Renny can only say he's gained things from the war. Sometimes indirectly, war or famine can set the path of people toward good and bad. If Renny was asked if he enjoys taking from others unconsciously, he'd decline. Fighting can be enjoyable, war's just dirty and unnecessary. Great conflict isn't because of a great and new reason usually. If Renny had a choice, he'll always take the lesser but beneficial choice. Forcing a minor and variety of choices, Renny enjoys that more then escalating pettiness like war.

Closely listening to Ryuko's suggestions, Renny tried to imagine each place. Gleaning in amusement, he couldn't help but look at Ryuko with a teasing plead on the Royal Palace part. Anything otherworldly and out of reach can be an interesting fantasy to reach for. Not having a home of his own, Renny listens in earnest for each place while wondering of building his own place. Building anew from a past destroyed home can show resolution. Leaving a home destroyed can show acceptance too.

"Hmm, as satisfied as many," pouting, Renny's been guest-zoned. With his knowledge, Renny's got a solid grasp on the political climate, and he could go anywhere. Kumogakure just seems greater than the other villages. Renny's only so comfortable because of his high self-esteem, it's possible he recognized Ryuko at first glance.

"Consider me controlling, but I try to make any place I visit home," Renny firmly replied. In the war, Renny's positivity wasn't easily seen or appreciated. If everyone else in a place lacks positivity, it'll always be considered deviant to grasp for happiness. Renny doesn't pry into Ryuko's homeland, as it can be a matter of great or little political importance.

"It could be said I have a certain level of self-esteem still. I'm looking for facility, closeness, and sincerity. Village locations, summoning contract or restricted jutsu, and millions of ryo," Renny unceremoniously noted. Laying things out, Renny chuckles a bit in self-derision if the silence presents itself. Someone can be either impressed or intimidated by originality in an opening quota. Rather than a researcher, Renny can sound like a mercenary, and he knows all too well what's needed to actually progress in researching.

"What can you give me otherwise that's more valuable than simple friendship?" Renny hastily added. He'd be impressed only if Ryuko's willingly up to the task. Endless gluttony will rear it's head with Renny often. Even bijuu are known about by Renny, he'd mention befriending those if he didn't want to start a panic in the streets, as he's familiar with all sorts of odd things in the world. If Renny's going to find his home in Ryuko, he'll not want to be an outsider that will never be accepted. A simple assistant is easily discarded.
    Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer
    Catnapper

Post by Ryuko Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:13 am

Thankfully Renny didn’t push the point on insisting that she have food once she explained she was abstaining for religious reasons. Given that she was trying to establish a rapport with him the last thing she needed was for things to get awkward. She wondered just how much of her religion he knew about and if he’d find it ironic that a follower of a god of war such as herself despised bloodshed.

The queen could be quite hot blooded when she needed to be and enjoyed being involved in conflict but that was purely in a sporting sense. She couldn’t participate in things like the Jounin tournament now since losing would be intercepted as a sign of weakness and taken advantage of by the other Kages but she loved the chance to go head to head with a fellow warrior and then shake hands after the match was over.

It was more that she disliked killing, of thinking of things in terms of the number of casualties that would be inflicted, not just on her side but on the enemy. Some people might think this attitude would make her soft and not suitable to be the Raikage let alone Queen but the scary thing about her was her ability to put her personal feelings on the subject aside and do what must be done. She was willing to do monstrous things in the service of protecting her people, she was simply lucky the war had ended before it had progressed to the point that such actions had become necessary.

When Renny gave her a pleading look to be allowed to see the Palace she confirmed that he indeed had to know who she was. There was no way your average Vestal (Even if there were only 3 of them) had the authority to allow for such a thing. The problem was that if she started to make an exception for one person she’d have to start doing it for others. Of course if he started working for her that would be a different story since he’d be an employee and not just a tourist anymore.

“Patience my friend. Tis won’t be long now before the palace is open to the public again.” With the War winding down it was only a matter of time. It was simply a matter of security to it be closed while fighting was still underway. That and to hide the fact she had gone missing instead of merely been convalescing from a bout of the plague like most of the public had been led to believe.

“Now now, don’t be that way.” She laughed lightly in response to him pouting when she’d called him a guest instead of a friend. "As the Queen the entire country is my home, in a way everyone who visits is my guest even if they are a friend.” she explained to pacify him. “Tis all a matter of perspective. A customer is contingent on financial interaction while a Guest is someone you invite into your life, a relationship that outlives the product or service.” She was saying taht she tourists as him as being about more than just money but a vital exchange of culture.

“I wouldn’t call that controlling at all. In fact I venture to make everyone that comes here feel at home during their stay, temporary or otherwise. Few things could be as pleasing as knowing that you feel comfortable here.” The satisfaction of knowing that a job was well done was its own reward. Every time she made someone’s day she was making the world a slightly better place. Some might ask what difference she was making since she’d never be able to help everyone. What they didn’t understand was that making that difference even to just one person was what mattered in the end. If one would diligently went about accumulating small happiness in that way then eventually larger happiness would be born as a result.

“Now I’ve told you about where I’ve traveled to so I believe tis your turn now. What sort of places have you been before now?” she asked to try and keep the conversation going. It wouldn’t be very fair of her to keep the entire thing about herself. It wasn’t like she needed that kind of self aggrandizing ego boost.

“My, you have some very big ambitions don't you?” Ryuko stated unperturbed by his opening quota. He was ballsy outright asking for restricted jutsu and so much funds but in a way he reminded her of Damian who had asked for much the same things.

“As you may be aware, Kumokagure has some of the most cutting edge facilities in the entire world. We have the Thunder Forge to help cut down on crafting times and the Thunder Lab which improves Chemistry yields. We also have access to the Eclipse Federation who can provide access to just about any material goods you might need for your research. We also boost one of the largest public library’s that can be found anywhere on the continent.” She wasn’t sure any of the other hidden villages could boast of a library half the size as hers.

Even before she had taken over the city had prized its level of public education and amenities. She had simply turned the dial up to 11 as it were. If possible she would like to increase those areas even further by adding vocational schools for an even more advanced curriculum.

“As it so happens I also have plenty of holes in my administration to fill though which post I would offer you would depend on which particular talents you can bring to the table. While tis not millions of ryo I’m told that the salaries we offer are quite competitive. I’m also not shy about providing funds for research though the scale of which depends on a case by case basis. Naturally the more promising a project is the more money will be allocated.” Hakkin knew how much funds she’d given Natsuru and Damian for the things they had done. She had exchanged millions of Ryo with them as if money grew on trees because they had been good at getting results.

“If you become my employee I’d be happy to provide the location of every village we know outside the Kingdom of Thunder.” She said with a grin. Thanks to Seid calling her scouts off she hadn’t finished her Map of the elemental nations but she still had a much more complete picture then most. She didn’t care much if outside forces learned where neutral villages lay. Much of them lay outside her zone of influence so she couldn’t do much about them anyhow. More than likely much of it wasn’t anything the other major powers didn’t know already anyhow.

The location of Shimogakure and Yukigakure on the other hand wouldn’t be divulged so readily. High level information like that required one to be more than just an employee but rather for someone to swear an oath of loyalty to her. One could not graduate from the academy making such an oath first. While such an act was not ironclad by any means it went a long way towards ensuring trust between both parties. Of course to even become her employee to begin with would require he was vetted by security first but she wasn’t worried about that. They were good at their job and worked fast. One of the Royal guards that discreetly shadowed her at nearly all times had already run off to begin the verification process the moment she had even made her offer.

Beyond that she had a good eye for talent and was a good judge of character. Because of her experience she trusted her intuition that told her Renny would be a good person to have under her umbrella. Generally speaking she rarely went wrong with her choices in such things.

“I can arrange to share a summoning contract easily enough. Do you happen to have any preferences for what type of animal you’d like to become your familiar?” she asked. Depending on the circumstances she might even consider sharing her Hydra contract with him provided he had the medical knowledge to make proper use of it.

“As for restrictions, those are purely merit based. If you work well I’d be happy to share some of them.” Again which ones would depend on circumstance. There was little point teaching him a restricted technique he couldn’t use. Beyond that some like the lightning release armor where reserved only for the most loyal of her men because of how important it was.

“In any case Renny there is no need to rush to make a decision. Tis an open offer, feel free to take as much time as you need to think it over. I can even provide the location of at least the other Major villages we know in the meantime.” she said. If he wanted to see what the rest of the world had to offer first so be it. She was that confident in what she’d built that she was sure he would chose to return here in the end once everything was said and done.

[5]

Stats
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:57 am

"Anyone can join royalty Ryuko?" rephrasing teasing, Renny didn't mean sightseeing with his prior look, Ryuko might of underestimated Renny's desires. If Ryuko has returned from somewhere, Renny would love for a king's welcome or push for the queen's. Seeing Ryuko trapped in protocol and fairness, Renny wonders why. Reviewing intel is tedious, so Renny doesn't know all there is to know about Ryuko moment to moment, and he doesn't think that determines all there is to be about Ryuko. If hunger starts to grow on Renny, he'd try to have Ryuko eat out of their norms if that's what their potential seeks.

"My travels? Many places, many names! I get stuck with false familiarity, I've enjoyed the island countries mostly even if my looks are deceiving as a fisherman. Fishing, conquering, and saving those who need saving with my basic medical skills," alas, Renny can't hope to match all past experiences with Ryuko yet. What can Renny exchange to Ryuko? Talking of war, Renny doesn't mind enjoying the show as a play if war can find meaning beyond simply defending one's home. If something happens, it might as well be enjoyed. Finding happiness at any corner is part of the appeal of simplicity.

"I've got limited skills Ryuko, my ambition only matched by an equal friend, my sights and travels forever lonesome otherwise," a bit eerie for no reason, Renny doesn't stop to catch himself from comparing himself as an equal to a Kage. Inspiration is fleeting. Without meeting Ryuko, Renny doesn't begin to think about his position a bit, and he considers his discussion fairly normal. Exposing his guard, Renny isn't uncomfortable. Removing his jumpsuit, Renny slowly proceeds at the start and briskly declothes for no misunderstanding. Underneath his jumpsuit, Renny appears slimmer than he'd first display, and has a thinner white flowery outfit with vine-like protrusions. Folding his jumpsuit in his arms, Renny wonders if Ryuko wants to move elsewhere for talking.

"In the past, I've cast aside riches for selfishness. Selfishness many times leads to virtue. My clan was a great starting point, and I moved on. It was hard, maybe hard for no reason, and I'd do it again. I've survived in the underworld stealing for the weaker," presenting his background quietly, Renny responds to what Kumogakure offered normally for research. Not shrinking back to the immediate allure, Renny looks for more. It can be said Renny has at least 90% of what's to be known about in the world already in his head. Other hidden villages might not match a library, while Renny's confident he could. Knowing so many things, regular ninja have a backer and Renny doesn't, that's scary for Renny's own security. Minding his words often, Renny learned enough to protect himself during wartime.

"My talents lie in crafting, in which if I spend a little time I can craft almost any chemical if I pursue the skillset fully. I'm proficient at the 3 main shinobi disciplines up to A-rank, and it can be said I focus on genjutsu. While I'm not skilled with weapons, it's because I find protection more charming haha," Renny peacefully continued. A crafting station can appeal to Renny anywhere. It would be hard to find another organized village with Renny's knowledge readily available, and it'd be expected that Renny can at least have a cold welcome. Iwagakure is a good destination and choice; judgement doesn't leak into Renny's thoughts. Kumogakure can be the richest village indeed, but in a way that only lowers Renny's value rather than appealing to him.

"I've made no enemies, my requests are moreso convenience. Village locations save time showing trust. I'd like any summoning contract arranged immediately to fill my needs Ryuko, but moreso not to be distant to our partnership of different nationalities, and millions of ryo..." Renny stretched "is a start-up investment." No living have subjected Renny to much torture notably enough, and it's hard for his guts to have a limit. Restricteds are more of a purpose than Renny's pursuit of power, he doesn't expect to be able to perform Lightning Release throughout his lifetime. To excel where there's hardship like Iwagakure, people can expect to get more benefits in the beginning building, and Renny can't say he wants to miss out on that. Whatever private force Ryuko might have, Renny wants to privately share it's head.

"I can live up to your expectations now. The best can I do currently is enchantments at S-rank, a sort of crafting not available to just anyone, and it takes money. My main topic of research is bloodlines. Bloodline research is in many ways considered unethical, I assure you I've only looked for volunteers. Let me ask you, when our bloodline friends leave, do you want their prowess gone indefinitely? Privately, I want a bloodline of my own, and perhaps you've found this same want at times in your life. My research has brought safety to bloodline transfer, and I can operate in any situation. If you want, I can even guarantee you a transfer of your own, in which you'd gain an A-rank jutsu such as the Ketsuryugan's signature. No risk, no loss to the original user," an unassuming glutton, Renny speaks of things without boundaries to international interests. Not needing to think through the decision, Renny doesn't want to display a lack of commitment right off the bat, and he begins to open up. A friend for a day can be a friend for life, only if the first day is acceptance.

"Other villages dabble in bloodline transfer. Is there a need for Kumogakure to remain pure? Over riches, you'd choose faith. Would you follow the unique path for your personal religion, or the one that lets it prosper most at it's macro? If there's one thing I want to see, it's to see my employer and friend grow beyond Kumogakure." confronting Ryuko's values, Renny honestly assesses things. Without special risk, someone can always remain weak. Sullying Ryuko's purity, Renny doesn't dare. To see Ryuko change before his eyes alone, Renny dares.
    Ryuko
    Ryuko
    Wanderer
    Wanderer
    Catnapper

Post by Ryuko Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:14 pm

The queen could feel a headache coming on the more she listened to Renny talk. He had a somewhat unusual way of talking that that could sometimes be hard for her to parse. There were times she had to stop and carefully consider just what it was he was really trying to say to her. Except for Damian and Rini it was rare for her not to be the smartest person in the room which meant it was a bit exhausting having to deal with someone like Renny. he was one of those rare few who exceeded her in the brains department.

She could keep up to an extent but it took a lot of work on her part to do so. If she wasn’t careful with how she negotiated with him then he’d eat her lunch and maybe her breakfast and dinner to go along with that. With smarts like that he could be one of the greatest allies she could ask for but conversely that also meant that if he joined one of the other villages he could one day become a great threat.

It was a great stroke of fortune he hadn’t wandered over to Kiri or Kohana earlier in the war otherwise things might not have turned out so well for her country. Outnumbered they had still held their own well enough not to lose which was a major accomplishment but she knew how easily the cards could have fallen a different way. That said she wasn’t about to start taking drastic preventative measures just because she thought she saw a potential bad end, being paranoid like that was only going to make her more enemies rather than friends, especially since she’d be cutting off the possible good ends at the same time by pruning someone before they actually became a problem.

Now it was time to do or die. She was going to have to gamble a bit here if she wanted to win Renny over. He was asking for an awful lot and now the question remained if she could even meet his demands, or if she even trusted him enough to try. The thing was it didn’t matter how advanced the facilities in the village were if there weren't skilled enough people around to make use of them.

The enchantments he could do were handy sure but nothing she didn’t already have at least partly covered thanks to her flying turtle summons. Of course having a boss summon do all the enchanting wasn’t the most realistic option and it never hurt to have alternatives. Now what made him interesting to her was the top tier medical skills he was packing. That made him interesting in several ways.

She couldn’t place him in charge of the hospital since Seid had given Kara Darhk that role while Ryuko had been away but she had plenty of reasons to make use of a good doctor. Medical skills of her own she wanted to share and pass along. The person she’d be planning to teach those had retired in her absence. Renny also made for an excellent candidate for her Hydra summoning contract as he was one of the few people who might actually be able to make full use of it.

As Renny took off his jumpsuit Ryuko couldn’t help but flash him a grin. Talk about looks being deceptive. To think something as simple as one layor of clothing could change his entire profile. She knew he was far from fat but she never would have guessed he was quite so slim either.

“This is no place for high tier negotiations, follow me.” Ryuko said cryptically. She could have taken him to any number of places inside the village that were private and secure to talk. Her office in the administrative district or one of her stores would have more than sufficed but she was talking him directly to the palace after all in order to prove a point to him. That she was well and truly welcoming him with open arms and an open heart.

[6]

[Attempted Exit to the Royal Palace]

Stats
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:27 am

Patient and paused, Renny doesn't want to impose on Ryuko too much. Not wondering if they're backing out or committing, Renny observes and knows his place to not follow Ryuko's lead immediately if their movement's erratic. With Renny not minding the scenery too much, it's possible Ryuko doesn't trust everyone in the village instead. Overestimating himself isn't common to Renny, and it's not like he's shown the limits of his ambitions.

Smiling wryly, Renny isn't sure if he's touched a nerve or someone's heart, it's just a matter of if he'll be bleeding or shocked. Having little romantic intent, Renny's best bet is that he's charming enough to go spend the rest of the day praying he's converted to a religion. Taking the silence in stride, Renny's already accepted he can't defend himself if he gets pinned down.

As Renny sees it, it'd suck if he gets locked up to slave away making things of little value. The wanderer can't help himself sometimes, he couldn't help talking a bit more, there's some hopefulness he didn't talk over Ryuko. Unaware that Ryuko could be threatened or wanna prune him, Renny figures he might of just pushed himself too much. It can become a question of if Ryuko will allow him to leave Kumogakure, a potential non-romantic yandere. Having spoken understanding risks, Renny isn't phased too much.

It's fortunate to meet someone interesting like Ryuko. Sincerity can't be easily stolen, Renny considers business and friendship much the same. Closeness and facility are borrowed, but sincerity is a note of one's commitment. Out of habit, Renny's first thought is he's being lured to a quiet place to kill him for his blasphemous conduct. Highly evaluating paranoia, Renny doesn't consider Ryuko might be taking the time to think over Renny's words. If Renny thought someone was giddy to pass their legacy to him, he might be even more scared of the weight of responsibility.

Advancing forward, Renny's positive he'll at least get some more entertainment today. Seemingly invited for dinner, it's nice if home doesn't make Renny the dinner. In Renny's view, he's not a criminal by any means, so he quickly follows at Ryuko's side. Lest someone watching gets the wrong idea about a foreigner following the Raikage, Renny continues to be how he believes as well-behaved.

Rumors are inevitable, but Renny feels a platonic connection to Ryuko. Renny doesn't see it as a win that he's being transported to the palace, it can have a dungeon after all, but he's happy Ryuko is open to what makes them comfortable. Following Ryuko, Renny has a moderate amount of time to gather his thoughts, and if Ryuko upped their speed Renny confidently matches it with an unchanged face. Winding around with his more comfortable outfit, Renny's used to moving as a brisk ninja if need be, it'd be unfortunate to drag a Kage's day.

Renny can't help but pout again, he doesn't mean to be deceiving with his jumpsuit, it's just so cozy. Anticipating the seriousness of the discussion, it becomes a burden to drag around extra weight. Healthiness is easy when Renny knows medical jutsu. Tempting with the prospect of implantation is in another way offering to be Ryuko's personal doctor too. Even if someone has medical skills themselves, it's a question whether they want to waste their time on the path that Renny undertakes to implant for himself. Even in one's own village, it's a question whether someone can trust others with the information of their change, and if an attending doctor's too strong the process itself is frightening. Nodding to Ryuko's request, Renny figures they already know Renny well enough for the answer.

[Attempted Exit to the Royal Palace]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:45 am