Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Among gods and men the devil slumbers

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Village : N/A

Among gods and men the devil slumbers Empty Among gods and men the devil slumbers

Post by Sero Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:28 am

The heavenly emporium was a wondrous place. The festival was a hit and people were laughing and getting along for the most part. There was still tension and idle threats but no one had gone so far as to truly break the peace. A couple of scuffles here and there but it seemed no one actually was trying to jump start a war. So masks were worn and the economic rise the of the heavenly emporium was simply massive. Streets filled with people and airships coming and going constantly. Music being played here and there with smiles and laughter being the baseline of all of it. The sun had set some time ago and even now the streets were thinning out. People finding hotels or staying at their nations assigned living spaces. Shinobi were often separated from the general populace because well...shinobi shenanigans. They simply couldn't be trusted not to blow something up. Of course they were not forced to live in these places. If they wished to afford their own accommodations they were free to do so. But those who could not would be left to these small houses. Some even grouped up. Except one individual who they said had a house set aside for them.

This house was far from anything else. On the outskirts of the floating island. No market or building for that matter was posted remotely close to this location. A single set of stairs led to this place. Almost hidden in overgrowth from the main road at its base. These stairs were where children would gather despite their parents warnings. They would dare each other to run up the steps. To go into the woods. They said at the top of these stairs was one little home. A simple two story structure where no one trespassed. Owned by Kirigakure. They said at the top of the stairs and deep in the woods a dark spirit resided. The children would only go up a few steps though before losing their nerve. Running off while the other children who wouldn't try would jeer at them but run away as well. Sero stood deep within the woods. Cold blue eyes watching the children under the lamp light...the dark of midnight hiding him well. He knew of their game but had no intentions of interacting with them. Even as they ran he saw it as a relief. His aura after all had driven others mad. What it could do to children directly...he did not wish to discover.

Sero would turn and move back up the steps. Overgrown with moss and roots. He hadn't requested maintenance because he did not wish to encourage travelers to come here. His bare feet carried him to the top and through a tori gate with faded red paint. As he passed through the paint seemed to peel off and fall to the ground just a little more. A thick mist coated the ground like a sheet and the moon was a crescent overhead. Glowing yellow in the night. No lights were lit here as the wind blew and the house creaked. Sero stood in front of an old shrine as cold blue eyes looked to it. They had selected this place because something like him would be here. Something they hoped to contain. He stood barefoot in white pants with a white long coat buttoned in the front with black outlines. He turned to walk towards the house. A single panicked sleeping crow would caw out in shock as it came within ten meters of Seros fear aura. Choosing to leave the flying island entirely. No spoils were worth remaining near a predator like Sero.

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000

Stats
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (B+ lifestyle)
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: B
    • Perception: A
    • Speed: A

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Arthur
    Arthur

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Summoning, Ninjutsu, Lightning Release
    Class: D
    Ryo: 350 (on hand), 100k (banked)

Among gods and men the devil slumbers Empty Re: Among gods and men the devil slumbers

Post by Arthur Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:33 am

It had been some time since Arthur had that chance encounter he did with his now two newfound teammates at the ramen shop he frequented often and encountered a suitable, albeit impromptu teacher for helping him out with his efforts to learn the basic Shadow Clone Jutsu. Since then, he had once again gone back to his usual daily routine of ninja arts study, solving cases for various clients, running errands for the Kage's office and for other superior ranked ninja who gave them to him, among other things. So, time had marched on in this manner for Arthur up till present day wherein he was deeply engrossed as per usual in his ninja arts studies and his other obligations. However, this was once again interrupted as he received a client request from a client who lived at the Heavenly Emporium where he met his jutsu teacher just recently, and this was a request that was asking him to investigate rumors of some rather dilapidated building of some sort being haunted by specters or some other spirits.

Specters...really? How quaint...but then, this IS the ninja world, so I suppose if I shoot lightning bolts out of my hand, then anything else of a supernatural sort COULD be possible as well...oh well, work is work, I suppose...

With such thoughts whirling through his mindscape as he mused over this most recent client request silently, Arthur made his way over the the Heavenly Emporium after having informed all the requisite authorities back at the village HQ. Once inside after having gone through the same identity verification procedures which he had to go through last time he was at the HE, he then made his way over to the general area of the building which was the subject of his investigation for this client request. As he drew near, however, he felt a strangely ominous aura permeating the area and that served to pique his curiosity further and so, he hastened his pace a bit more. That led to him arriving at the building in question, but to his surprise, the aura he had felt was apparently coming from just one man who also seemed to be heading towards the building for some reason. So, despite the warnings his instincts were giving him right now due to the influence of the menacing aura, Arthur pressed on, greeting the man

"Well, it would seem you are also interested in this building as I am...hello there, good sir. How do you do today?"

Arthur finished with his usual well-practiced, cordial businessman's smile on his thin lips and then fell silent, awaiting whatever reaction or response the man had to offer him in return. Of course, as was always the case with Arthur, he was in his transformed human disguise and thanks to his mastery of human customs, mannerisms, and the like, he was confident that his true and non-human identity would not be apparent to the man he had engaged in conversation or anyone else that he would meet today, but still, he kept half his mental focus on ensuring that his façade would not slip up at some inopportune moment and the other half on the man before him.

OOC:

-Arthur's Appearance:

Among gods and men the devil slumbers L2

[1]

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Among gods and men the devil slumbers Empty Re: Among gods and men the devil slumbers

Post by Sero Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:33 pm

Sero would pause at the sound of steps approaching. His cold blue gaze shifting over his shoulder as a young but well dressed man would approach him. He would speak openly as if a person he had just come across awaiting the train. Inquiring about Seros presence about this particular location. This shrine turned into a home to house him. His cold blue eyes took in the young man as he considered their surroundings. All of this ones survival instincts should be going mad. So perhaps this one was confident....or mad himself. Often one did not go without the other in Seros experience. Chances were though this one was at least trained in some form. Though at the moment it wasn't apparent as to what. Still there was a pause in response. A moment of the cold mist creeping along between them and crawling up the walls like elongated claws. Still Sero would speak in a moment with his cold monotone voice. It was as if he were empty of emotion. Empty of anything but that sensation of wrath hanging in the air. The mist clinging to him like a child pulling at its fathers hem.

"The term curiosity killed the cat confused me at first. Until I saw one. I saw how it behaved. Most creatures seem to have a flight or fight response around me....yet cats rise their hackles at me and hiss at me as if they would fight despite the clear and pressing disadvantage. They have no sense of caution and as such no real sense for survival in the face of danger. You see I bring this up to you now...to clarify something. This is my abode when I venture to the Heavenly Emporium. This is where they prefer me. If you feel a pressure to respond with flight or fight young man....don't be a cat....yes?"

Sero would lift his hand as the pressure built. His dark aura expanding as he used that tainted chakra for even a simple task. In the direction his hand lifted the mist would part as if something unseen were pushing it aside. It was not directed at the young detective of course but at the house itself. Once it touched the house lamps inside would alight with a green flame. Casting a green glow across them even in the courtyard. Still the urge to run would rise and fall as Sero finished lighting up the house for then night. He was comfortable in the green light after all. Still he would lower his hand and where the mist had parted it would rush back together. As if eager to be whole again. It all felt unnatural as the shadow behind Sero from the green glow would seem to shift.....with five tails swaying back and forth in his shadow behind him...but not on his physical body.

"I am Jaakuna Sero of Kirigakura. Won't you come in for some tea?"

Stats

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Arthur
    Arthur

Character File

Post by Arthur Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:33 pm

As the unfamiliar man put on quite the theatrical display with the swirling mists and how he commanded them to go and turn on the lights in the dilapidated house, Arthur looked on with visible curiosity as his was piqued quite strongly. So, he almost missed hearing the man issue the warning that he did about not acting like a trigger-happy feline and to avoid a fight-or-flight type response altogether, but luckily, his ears and brain just managed to pick up on that and snap him out of his reverie in time to form a somewhat coherent response to the man's advice

"Ah, I see now. I was wondering who or what had called this place their abode, but I guess I can cross that mystery off my to-do list for today...you have my thanks for that, Mr. Sero. Now then, regarding your advice...neither of those is an option that I am considering even as a remote possibility right now...I am duty bound to complete this client request, so flight away from you is not possible...and of course, after that display you presented me with just now combined with the fact that you are from Kiri...neither is randomly trying to come to fisticuffs with you without due cause..."

Arthur paused for effect briefly and then continued his narrative in the same calm, cordial tone he had been using with the man till then, his face inscrutably blank as was his usual demeanor, and that light of curiosity that had engulfed his eyes briefly during Sero's display making itself scarce as quickly as it had appeared on scene, with a half smirk on his lips now

"for the truth about me and my background is...that I am Herlock Solmes of Kumogakure. Therefore, it would quite unwise of me to be trigger for a potentially troublesome international incident...especially, considering the always tenuous state of the geopolitical affairs of the ninja world these days...so, please rest easy as I am not such a foolhardy man, despite what my youth and inexperience relative to you may suggest about me."

He ended his narrative with a slight nonchalant chuckle and after that, when Sero invited him inside for partaking of some refreshment in the form of tea, naturally, Arthur accepted with a cordial smile, a nod, and an appropriate verbal response as well

"Indeed I shall...you have my thanks for your hospitality, Mr. Sero."

With that, Arthur fell silent and headed inside the dilapidated house once Sero had finished lighting all the lamps inside said abode of his, all the while wondering silently if perhaps the mysterious shadow that he saw behind Sero was the culprit behind all the rumors of the hauntings at this building that his client had hired him to investigate thoroughly.

OOC:

[2]

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:03 pm

Sero would listen to this calm man before him. It was odd that he wouldn't react to him in the slightest. Sero had known a couple of people who brushed off his aura but he had found it few and far in between. People turned away from him on instinct. Still he was a warrior and warriors did not allow themselves to be torn down by something as silly as loneliness. His job was to turn the wicked to dust and hunt the rest. Still it was an oddity for one he sensed no threat from to be so casual with him. Cold blue eyes studied the young man a moment. When he introduced himself as another member of Kumo those cold eyes would narrow slightly. There were a couple of possibilities there now he was not a fan of. Perhaps this one was with the bandaged man with a false name....Here to reiterate the stories Sero had been told. If the masked man sent the boy he intended for Sero to believe.....if not there was another possibility. That these twins knew he had been told of them and found him to be a threat. Perhaps this was an associate of theirs and he was here to erase Sero. It would explain how calm he was.

However Sero was not one to attack on speculation. If this Herlock were to make a move...he would end him then but only in that event. As always he would keep his guard up. With liquefication on standby he would turn and head into the home. Allowing the man to trail behind while he transformed his left palm into an eye. Keeping it close to his body and using it to watch the man behind him. Attempting to conceal the eye while watching. At least until they reached the kitchen. The inside was relatively clean though the window sills held a significant amount of dust. He would move into the kitchen as the building creaked around them with a strong breeze. Still Sero would pay it no mind as he reached into the cupboard and pulled out a box of tea and two cups. The tea kettle was sitting cold on the stove. Idly he would set about with only his right hand preparing the very basic tea while his left hand watched the man. Speaking over his shoulder as he did. This client was of interest.

"I do not know who sent you to study me young man but whoever it was had no concern for your safety. Had I been hostile this would have been the end of you I think. Still if you have questions I do as well. So a question for a question. You may start."

Stats

Arthur
    Arthur

Character File

Post by Arthur Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:45 pm

Arthur followed Sero silently, taking in and memorizing as much detail of the dilapidated and allegedly haunted house as he could on the way to the kitchen therein. As Sero started to prepare some tea for the both of them to partake, Arthur heard him remark about how he didnt know who sent him to study him and how his client did not have any concern for his safety and how if Sero had been hostile towards Arthur, the situation would have ended badly for Arthur. Still, towards the end, Sero had allowed Arthur to ask his questions, and informed him that he had some of his own to ask as well. So, Arthur first tried to defuse any potential concern Sero may have about him, judging from how he noticed Sero's eyes narrow momentarily when he mentioned that he was from Kumogakure village earlier during their introductions

"Before we get to that, with all due respect, Mr. Sero...the object of my study in this case is not you at all, but rather...this abode of yours...you see my client's young girl had managed to wander near here some time back while playing out in the streets, and had apparently ran home as fast as she could crying to said client, aka her mom, about the place being haunted by some sort of strange spectral presences for some reason..."

To emphasize his point, he waved his hand about in a circular fashion, gesturing to Sero's abode before continuing

"Therefore, my first question to you is simply this...would you perhaps say that there is any rational basis for this claim and fear of my client regarding this abode of yours at all? Oh and in case you are wondering who sent me, this client is simply some random, innocuous, no-name villager who seems to live nearby in the Heavenly Emporium with her only daughter."

He said and then continued his narrative, now turning to himself and his intentions here, still in that same perfectly tranquil, well-paced, and unperturbed, rich baritone and melodious voice that was natural to him and which he had been using till now, with his perfectly cordial businessman's smile still very much present on his thin lips

"So, if you would but allow me to conduct a token investigation of your abode and report back...that would suffice, methinks...for thus far, I have not observed any evidence confirming or denying the claims laid forth by my client about this place...and also, please allow me to set your mind at ease about myself...I have no other motives at all, so you need not be suspicious of me simply because I am from a different village than yourself. Our villages maybe at loggerheads for whatever geopolitical reasons I am not yet aware of, but personally, I have no interest in such matters...and am simply here to do the job I was hired to do, namely...the conduct of this paranormal activity investigation and nothing more."

Then he fell silent, awaiting whatever response Sero may give or whatever reaction he may have to this explanation.

OOC:

[3]

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:52 pm

Sero would watch quietly as he prepared the tea. He would set two cups down. Clean despite the state of his abode. One before the young man in front of him and one across from him. Cold blue eyes would set about making the tea as well. Though he lacked much more in practice of tea making than actual theory. As he did not often entertain guests. Most considered the idea of being served tea by Sero entirely ludicrous. It was like inviting the wolfman to family game night. It simply wasn't something most rational people were keen to do. Making this one an oddity in Seros experience. It was as if he held no sense of self preservation at all. Merely analyzing everything. Like a scientist to focused on what makes a cloud he doesn't see the cliff he is walking towards. How this young detective had managed to survive this far in his life was alarming. Perhaps Kumogakure was considerably softer than he had first anticipated. After all if some a person had come out so unscathed...well that left much to the imagination. Still Sero would hold both sides of the tea pot and heat it by touch before pouring some really poor excuse for tea into each cup. Even a little burnt.

Finally he would settle into his own seat. Setting the kettle down on the wooden table with a sizzle as he did so. This one liked to speak a great deal. Explaining himself clearly and placing a decent amount of reassurances towards Sero. So some child grew scared wandering where she shouldn't....and had told her mother who hired someone to look into it. What an overprotective parent. He had assumed most would simply tell everyone to stay away. If children attempted to go up the path urged by their peers they would run quickly enough despite the laughter following them. Yet none of the other boys dared try it either. Sero would lift his tea cup and sip it despite it being rather bitter. Allowing arthur uninterrupted time to speak before calm blue eyes settled upon him. The shadows around him seemed to dim the room and those blue eyes would glow with a thin mist rising from them. A low growl seemed to fill the room as Sero merely sat there a moment before speaking in return. His words calm and without emotion as the pushed his aura out a little more.

"It is indeed not the property but myself that has this presence. It haunts those who feel it yet I know little of it and can not fully conceal it. Nor do I wish to as I value privacy. You should tell your client her daughter is a foolish girl who shouldn't wander onto strangers properties. It is a dangerous world after all. Now for my question. Are there a pair of twins in Kumo, that are a member of the church of Jashin...that have eaten innocent people and do you know their identities?"

Stats

Arthur
    Arthur

Character File

Post by Arthur Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:37 am

In due course, Arthur was given his cup of tea by Sero and then the two had began what seemed to be a rather lengthy discussion of back and forth queries. So, Arthur had asked his first of a very few questions and in response, he heard Sero clarify that it was not the house that had the strange unnatural presences, but rather himself, so to that Arthur remarked, nodding briefly and taking another sip of tea

"Ah, that was what I figured, especially after seeing your display outside with the shadow and the way you controlled the mist as well...for I know this world of ours does hold certain supernatural elements to it, but still...I was a tad incredulous of the claim of specters that my client presented to me when asking me to take on this request...as I am a man of science and logic, not fiction and folklore. That said, a job is a job, after all, and putting my personal views aside, at the time I took it, I was in need of some extra cash...but I digress...over to you then, Mr. Sero."

After saying that with the same perfectly cordial smile as he was doing till now, he heard Sero ask him something about some twins from Kumo and some church of Jashin, so Arthur pondered the matter for several minutes, but try as he might, he could not come up with anything, so he merely said as much in response

"Very well, I will convey your warning to my client in appropriate terms, Mr. Sero. Now then, regarding your query...I have never met any sort of twins in my village, though of course, being the rank-and-file Genin that I am, my experience with the ninja world and even with my village itself is still rather limited currently. So, with all due respect, I would ask that you bear this in mind for any further queries you have for me as we proceed in this conversation of ours. Furthermore, what is a 'church of Jashin', if I may ask? I have certainly not come across any such thing, either, so I am afraid I am unable to answer your query appropriately, and thus, I am sorry to disappoint you in this regard."

Arthur replied with a brief shrug in the same cordial manner he was doing till now, with a genuinely expressionless face as the truth of the matter was that he had indeed never met any twins or been to this church that Sero mentioned to him just then. After that, he fell silent and awaited Sero's response or whatever clarification he may give to continue their discussion.

OOC:

[4]

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:25 pm

Sero would listen to the lengthy explanations without much in the way of response. His cold eyes only observing the young man across from him. He did not seem to mind the tea which would lead Sero to determine he had done his preparations well. Guests were not often in his presence for long. The tea itself simply came with the house. As did the means to make it. However it was essentially all the sustenance Sero had there. He had no need for anything besides water. Which ran in abundance here as it did in his village....especially at the docks. He wasn't surprised this man accepted the answer. Goblins and ghouls and other supernatural things all likely had a relatively sound explanation behind them that had simply been exaggerated upon. Chakra had a way of molding the world to mans will...and while Sero wasn't human himself he had been made to live in their world. Though separate from it. His tainted chakra he had been born with provided that aura of fear...like he was hunting anyone within ten meters of him actively. Like he was most likely to kill them. A child experiencing what they believed to be their doom would no doubt make something up in her mind to explain it.

However his mouth would turn to a frown at the response to his query. The young man knew nothing of any of it. A suspicious lack of knowledge for what was supposedly a predominant religion in Kumo...perhaps more of a cult. So a couple of possibilities crossed his mind. The first was this young man had no intention of being honest with him and could lie without any real tells. Comfortably at that. Even in front of Sero. Few could manage that. The second was this young man wasn't such a brilliant detective after all...but then why would he investigate this? Was he some sort of con artist than? Or perhaps the third, Mamoru had been lying to him. Trying to draw out some sort of conflict between Kiri and Kumo. But what would be gained by such an action? Or perhaps what could be lost? If Sero made accusations against another country and they proved false.....they could easily reason removing him as clan leader for either or both clans...He could name a few people who would have interest in that. So instead he would nod and reply in a monotone voice. Those cold blue eyes never blinking.

"You haven't found an answer yet is what I understand. The deal was an answer for an answer. So what I will give you is time. Herlock I invite you to investigate these matters to give me such an answer. When you return to Kumo...look into this church of Jashin for yourself....There are other people of note to consider as well. The twins...ranking within this church of theirs and supposedly killing and eating people. Shimiko, a powerful woman by reputation and also a part of this. Ryuko, your Kage is also supposedly aware of it and doing damage control...all of this was provided to me by a man supposedly from Kumo named Mamoru...he was wearing a panda mask and covered in bandages and burns. Be wary of all of them if you accept."

Stats

Arthur
    Arthur

Character File

Post by Arthur Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:31 pm

Arthur took a few more sips of the tea that Sero had offered him while waiting for him to respond and when he did, Arthur heard him give him a client request. Specifically, he heard Sero ask him to investigate these twins he had mentioned and to look into the "Church of Jashin" organization as well. Additionally, he also heard Sero warn him to be careful of not only the twins, but also of someone named Shimiko, some strange man dressed in bandages, and the Raikage as well if he chose to accept the task given to him. So, after he finished drinking the tea in his cup, Arthur set it down and with the same well-practiced and cordial businessman's smile on his thin lips that he had till now, he responded in the same cordial tone of voice, his facial expression being completely inscrutable and calm since he was suppressing the warnings to flee that his instincts were giving him even now as he had been doing up till present

"Duly noted. I shall take your advice and client request under consideration after which I shall proceed accordingly in an appropriate manner. That aside, do you perhaps have some securely encrypted communication line through which I can contact you with my findings as and when I come across them in my investigation henceforth, Mr. Sero?"

Arthur asked of Sero thus and then fell silent to wait for his response and reaction and while he was, he leaned back a little in his seat, stretching a little to keep himself alert for whatever may come his way.

OOC:

[5]

Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:29 pm

Sero would watch with those eyes...they seemed to hide in the shadows and yet they would shine like cold blue moons from the depths. Taking in the young man before him as they considered if he would be useful. He had shared possibly vital information with the young detective. Yet he would listen with a cold and quiet stare. This one spoke a great deal. There was a pause after the detective spoke. As if Sero were weighing him. Measuring something about the young man...his character...his caution...his bravery. All of it being absorbed into that blue gaze as it all but consumed the image of Arthur.

"....Very well. I have no means of communication to share with you...I do however look forward to how you will solve that issue. I am a more direct individual. If these crimes against innocent people are proven to be legitimate...you will see that for yourself. Now if you will excuse me....I would like to go for a walk and haunt other parts of this island. Stay if you like...there is little other than the tea here to take anyway. When you are finished...do see yourself out"

With that Sero would rise from his seat. His own tea left untouched where it had been placed. He didn't care for it anyway even though he had poured himself a cup to make his guest feel more comfortable. He would turn without so much as a smile and seem to glide along the floor. His shadow casting along the wall as if it were some cackling beast....before it stopped as Sero opened the door. Both the shadow and Sero would pause and turn in unison. Something came to the island now...he could feel it...or something within him could...."You should leave this place soon however...peace is a fragile thing." With that Sero was leaving. Heading towards this sensation that sent shivers up his spine.

Exit thread
    6 x 10 = 60 exp

Stats

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:12 pm