Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Marked Mentorship

Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Village : N/A

Character File
    Skills & Elements: A lot
    Class: S
    Ryo: Enough

Marked Mentorship Empty Marked Mentorship

Post by Diana Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:43 pm

Mission Name: Trouble Squared
    Mission Type: Combat
    Mission Rank: C
    Mission Goal: Defeat the Ruffians
    Description: Some young hooligans are causing trouble in Hòu Zhuān Square, go see that it comes to a stop. They are not to be killed, their just kids that are acting out.
    Payment: 15k
    Requirements: D-Class

Diana held the mission scroll in her hand as she sat drinking her large cup of iced tea where the mission was to be held. it had been a while since Diana had done a mission proper, having most of her time dedicated to her work, but while the shop brought in good money and she had several subordinates doing well with the shop, it was high time she did something for the community once again. Which brought her to taking up a simple mission where she was to stop some troublemakers who had been causing issues for the Square for several days now.

What she hadn't expected was that she was going to be assigned a partner for the mission.

It shouldn't have been that unexpected really, she had been in a crystal for over a year despite having grown stronger for it, but it presented an opportunity she didn't initially realize: her partner was going to be a genin as well. Most genin she had interacted with were already a part of a team, but if she was being assigned a genin partner they likely hadn't been given a sensei yet. If she was asked before the crystallization if she wanted a shinobi team to train, she would have likely said no, but since then she had become more open to the idea. It really was a tantalizing thought, having a proper student, but she'd first need to meet this mysterious individual before she could make a call.

So she continued to sit, taking another sip of her tea as she idlily filled out paperwork for next month's statement over the Kotōshura and Korikane Clan. The finances had been stable over the year she was gone, but there were small hiccups left behind as the shinobi who filled in for her position as financial manager had done a rather poor job. Money had been poorly handled, expenses made that should have been recorded, and several other issues that she had to quickly sort out. It did help build up a resistance to stress though. Sure she couldn't handle much even now, but it was more then what she would have been able to handle two or three years ago.

"Hopefully the genin will show up soon, or else I will have to handle the mission myself."

Village : Iwagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Wind, Earth
    Class: E
    Ryo: 0

Marked Mentorship Empty Re: Marked Mentorship

Post by Tenn'o De'ath Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:29 pm

Tenn'o was running late for the first time in his shinobi career. Though there was no set time to begin shinobi work Tenn'o had a schedule. And he had woken up late, disrupting the said schedule. Jumping out of his bed at the sound of the running alarm clock Tenn'o would hit the off button and immediately dress in his daily attire which consisted of regal but flexible clothing as always he didn't need to be mistaken for the common ruffian. Such a simple misconception could permanently ruin the reputation he was trying to build among his peers.

Running to the Mission collection office Tenn'o picked up another mission only taking a brief glance over the criteria. He was to rough up some nuisances, more specifically a couple of ruffians who had taken it upon themselves to start some sort of gang. It was only after he had signed the slip and left the building that he noticed someone else would be joining him for this mission, even further it was probably a more decorated shinobi no doubt. Tenn'o had not collaborated with another ninja outside of his recruitment. While Tenn'o was disappointed in such a simple gloss over he was worried. The constant fear of betrayal still lurked in the back of his mind. For what reason not even he was aware, but Tenn'o was sure that soon, soon he would know. Though contradicting his usual untouchable and outgoing demeanor the constant biting of his nails could be noticed by a passerby

Arriving at the mission area Tenn'o would arrive just in time to hear the slight muttering of a smaller brown-haired woman. Catching only the word Genin was enough for Tenn'o to make an assumption on the identity of the woman. Turning slowly and hesitantly to actually get a good look at the woman Tenn'o would notice something strange about the presumed ninja. Her skin looked porcelain and from what he could catch of her eyes they looked akin marbles. While this confused Tenn'o he was not one to estrange someone simply because of what they look like. No Tenn'o's would base his opinion on her capabilities should this be the one.  

"Hello, Madame I think I may be the genin you speak of. My name is Tenn'o, Tenn'o De'ath. Im sure it will be a pleasure to work with you." Tenn'o would give slight bow so as to accentuate his regality.
    Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:07 pm

As she pondered what may come, her attention was brought to the newcomer who seemed to of addressed her. Turning on her sensory she'd note the twin elements of Wind and Earth the boy had, but no advanced element. She briefly wondered if they were a descendent of the Kazehana or Muramatsu clans, even when they stated their name. It wasn't uncommon for a member of an elemental clan to take up a family name in addition to their clan name, and both clans were now under Iwa's leadership (Which was in and of itself a strange yet ironic event given Iwa's history with the Kazehana Empire).

Setting her pen down she'd look to De'ath "Ah, I am sorry if you overheard anything insulting." She'd return the bow with a head nod. "You may know already, but I am Diana Moneta; Head of the Korikane and Kotōshura Clans, but for this mission you do not need to use any of those honorifics, just Diana will suffice." It still did not feel right to call herself the head of two clans, only taking up the latter clan in order to bring stability to it. A decent chunk of the village seemed to have assumed she took up the position for power or convenience, and while the latter wasn't untrue, it was one she hadn't intended to originally act upon.

As Diana stood up, her expression hardened slightly. "Before we begin, I want to make it clear that I am your mentor for this mission. While I will make sure you are not severely harmed, I also wish to see how well you can handle a situation like this as what you do will reflect on Iwa as a whole." She'd let her statement sink in for a second, before relaxing and taking on her original tone, which was monotone like everything else she said but her posture hopefully conveyed she wasn't trying to be mean. "That said, I am here to help if you need it. Do not be afraid to ask for assistance, even if it is a question you need answering.

Once she finished she'd preform the tiger sign and a clone of her would appear, packing up her belongings and disappearing once they were put into the main Diana's bag. All that would remain on the table was her teacup, which she picked up in her left hand and take a sip from. "Now then, shall we take care of out mission?"

185/185
    Sensing Technique; 0.5 CP
    Shadow Clone Jutsu; Split CP
    Ending Shadow Clone Jutsu; Meld CP
    184.5/185

Character File

Post by Tenn'o De'ath Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:38 pm

"It's nice to meet you Diana I'm sure we will get along nicely" Tenn'o actually had no idea but moving around with confidence was a motto of his. Listening to the older woman speak Tenn'o was sure to look as respectful as possible. So as to not disturb her. It seemed as if she was clan leader of more than one as it turns out. An important individual was assigned to monitor him. That was strange maybe there was some backroom politics that he was unaware of. The thought made Tenn'o suspicious only furthering his negative feelings. Trying his best to gloss over those Tenn'o would go to speak.

"Ah so you'll be mentoring. Interesting. Though I do have one question. Was this mission your choice or was it village assigned?" Tenn'o was interested in the answer for one reason only. Tenn'o had been with Iwa for as long as he could remember. Though that may only be for the last 4 months it was still quite a bit of time. It was possible that this was some kind of evaluation of his performance. Watching the woman summon a doppelganger of herself Tenn'o would mutter. "I gotta learn that one" under his breath before raising his voice to continue on the plotted course.

"Now then according to the file, the first disturbance from these 'Red Rock Gangsters' was two blocks down from here. I say we investigate there first." Tenn'o would wait for some kind of confirmation before moving to exit the heading down the street Tenn'o. Would try to keep an eye out for any suscpisouc activity within the area.

Renown: 0
    Stats:

• Strength:D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: D
    • Speed: D
    • Coordination: B
    • Intelligence: D
    • Perception: C

Link to Character Updates:Here
    Link to Character Application:Here
    Link to Known Techniques:N/A
    Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:36 pm

As she had gotten ready to move Diana noted the respect(?) Tenn'o was trying to give to her, and it was still a little strange to her. The Korikane, outside of official meetings treated her as another member of the village, the Kotōshura...well they respected her enough but there was still tension within the clan. It was something she had to such up with, as the titles came with responsibilities and respect she had to uphold, even if she tried to downplay it given her shinobi rank.

Hearing De'ath have a question for her was a nice surprise though, and took her out of her mini-spiral. "A bit of both due to a previous arrangement with Masaru Tatsudashi, though I would prefer not to elaborate on that agreement out of respect for the Ex-Kage." While she was sure the agreement they had come to would come out someday, today was likely not going to be that day. While he was a bit strict for her liking, Diana respected Masaru greatly, enough that if Yui and the council hadn't stepped up she likely would have been the one to take the Kage spot, even if she didn't want to.

Even though it was under his breath, her hearing was almost as good as her sight and she listened to his mutterings, she wouldn't comment on it...yet. She couldn't blame him either, the shadow clone technique was something she used almost daily now for day-to-day work. While her preferred amount was five, she could stretch the count up to eight if she was forced to. She'd put the thought of mentoring this boy after the mission on the backburner, she first needed to see what he could do.

She'd give a nod and begin walking, letting him take the lead. "Very well, we shall start there then." Diana would keep her sensory up to both keep an eye on her partner's location, as well as to look for any potential jutsu that was being used illegally. "Forgive me for asking, but is Tenn'o your clan name? It is not a name I have heard before, and with Sunagakure..." Her hands would tense for a moment, "Currently under Iwa's management, it has become rather hard to keep track of the new clans that are not as well known.

184.5/185
    184/185

Character File

Post by Tenn'o De'ath Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:18 pm

Tenn'o understood the answer to his question the ex-kage of Iwa this Masaru Tatsudashi was greatly respected by Diana. Tenn'o found himself not being able to relate to this though that was not surprising seeing as he has no friend family or any other type of relationship. While the thought was sad that was the reality of the situation Tenn'o had to endure for the last three months. Continuing his trek he would continue to listen to the more experienced shinobi's questions.

"I, I don't know. Tenn'o is my first name the name I awoke with per se. But my last name is completely made up. It's a short story if you would like to hear it. But I would hate to burden such an important individual with my emotional baggage." Tenn'o hates weakness. To have to explain his ultimate weakness to a superior would be humiliating but he would do so if the shinobi insists. Though with some hesitance.

Arriving at the district Tenn'o would notice some action happening in a nearby alley. A man was getting mugged by two other people all Tenn'o could hear was "The Red Rock Gangster rule" or something along those lines. Tenn'o would rush towards the alley as fast as he could, which was honestly quite slow. But he would then stop suddenly and would go through the seals for a new jutsu he had learned that being the Gale jutsu. Using its effects to boost his speed he would move swiftly towards the pair of hooligans. If he got there before anyone else he would proceed to knock one of them out and slam the other on the ground.

After doing so Tenn'o would turn to look at the civilians only to realize they were already gone. Looking towards the presumably following Diana he would say. "Why don't you interrogate this kid. I would like to learn under a senior of mine." The way he would talk would be studios with his head slightly bowed. When referring to the kid he would point towards the currently conscious one on the ground. Brushing some of the dust of his clothing he would await a response.
    50/50 - 5 = 45/50

Stats:

Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:05 pm

Diana gave a small and thoughtful nod as Tenn'o revealed his namesake, sorely tempted to ask about what had happened but desciding against it for now. "Perhaps after we finish this mission I shall inquire, but for I believe it would be best to wait. Emotional baggage is important to unpack, but the timing can be just as important lest the bag is filled even more." He likely wouldn't be a Tetsudashi or a Muramatsu then, so that left the likelyhood of them being a Kazehana or Hayami much more likely if they were descended from a major clan, but even that wasn't a guarantee, just an educated guess.

When they arrived at the district, Diana taking in the chakra signatures, shed follow behind Tenn'o as he ran off. She'd watch as he'd preform the handseals for Gale Palm, and the noticeable drain it took on the boy. His strike hit true and she'd hold in her thoughts till Tenn'o spoke up once again, taking a brisk jog over . She was sure he hadn't meant the request to sound like a command and debated on correcting him, but hat too could wait.

"Very well." Diana would preform the shadow clone technique before both Diana's walked up to each kid. The clone would walk up to the conscious man and place her hand on the target, while the real Diana would crouch down to eye level and put her middle and index finger into the kid's forehead. The conscious one would try to squirm away ,but would find that that they wouldn't be able to move. Diana picked him up with some effort and propped them onto the wall to sit as she met their gaze. "Please remain still, your friend is currently telling me what we need to know. I would advise that you cooperate and tell us what you know about the Red Rocks. Either way I will receive my info, but the more you share the less painful it will be."

The kid looked at Diana, their face showing recognition at who was talking to them, and knew the jig was up. "T-the rest of the group is over at old rock's way. We just wanted to have some fun, honest!" Diana gave a nod, understanding the thought process but still disappointed. "You know the rules of Iwa, and I do not want youth such as yourself to go down a path that could do more harm then good. Once I am finished with your friend, we will determine what happens next. While you are in trouble, I doubt your punishment will be severe seeing as you are cooperating."

184/185 CP
    Shadow Clone Technique; Split CP
    Temporary Paralysis Technique; -3
    88.75/185
    Clone:
    Saiko Denshin (Psycho Mind Transmission); -20 CP
    71.75/185

Character File

Post by Tenn'o De'ath Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:25 pm

Tenn'o would watch the more experienced shinobi go through with the actions. With how ruthless she was towards the kids his respect for her increased. Sometimes to protect the great village in which he served you have to be ruthless. The ends always justify the means in the eye's of the young shinobi. Taking note in how the shinobi managed to make a clone yet again but this time the clone showed its ability to use a jutsu as well. Or at least what Tenn'o assumed to be a jutsu. This was shocking to Tenn'o to separate beings able to do different techniques would be massively useful.

"Intresting the clone is useful in other ways as well. If you don't mind me inquiring is that a jutsu that it is using? Also how do you control it. Is it mental or does it simply know your intentions? Is it sentient? Sorry for the storm of questions the only clone I have heard of is the haze clone which I really have not taken the time to learn." Tenn'o would send out a large stream of questions at the currently busy woman.

Stats:

Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:10 pm

The clone would keep their hand on the unconscious boy as both Dianas listened to Tenn'o's questions, taking her hand off shortly after he had finished. She would leave the question unanswered for the time being as she dismissed the clone and took a several seconds to take in the new memories before making a new clone. This new clone would wordlessly lift the unconscious boy into her shoulders as she helped the other one up, giving him a soft smile. Diana would stand up and pull out two water bottles from a simple storage seal in her bag and pass them to the conscious one.

"Your friend's memories vouch well for your character young Natsu. I will do what I can to limit the punishment to light community service at my shop for the both of you." The conscious one, now identified as Natsu would nod and stutter. "W-what about-?" But Diana put up a hand. "They will likely face a similar punishment, but that depends on how they respond when we go to see them. Like I have said, you are young, and I do not want to see people such as yourself go down the wrong path."

With her thoughts shared, the clone would begin walking away with both boys out of the alley. One of the shinobi was close by, so she knew she wouldn't need to worry about range. Watching the boys and her clone move out, she'd look back to her partner for the mission. In this moment she was glad that her emotions weren't able to be easily conveyed on her face, as she felt a small pit in her stomach from seeing the child's face in fear earlier.

"It is called the Shadow clone technique, and it is an exact copy of me in all but composition, that being shadows instead of flesh and blood. I do not control it, as my clones are their own entities until they return back to me, at which their memories become mine. It is a useful technique, but it also requires enough energy from the user to maintain." She'd feel her clone disperse itself and the memories of it delivering the two children to the shinobi flowing in, part of their mission done. "Natsu spoke true about the location of the rest of the members and we should not have much issue finishing up this mission. This mission should not take much longer to complete."

88.75/185 CP
    Ending Shadow Clone technique; merge CP
    Sensory Technique; 0.5 CP
    160/185 CP

Character File

Post by Tenn'o De'ath Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:22 pm

Watching the interaction between Diana and the boy. Now named Natsu. Though it was strange that she had learned of the boy's name. Perhaps from that technique, she had used on the other one it was quite strange. A technique that could invade one's mind. That could be useful in recollecting his memories. Maybe if he could get to know this senior of his he would be able to learn this jutsu and explore the depths of his own mind.

''Quite the way to get more workers at your shop. Though I understand your hesitance in dishing out the proper punishment the youth represent the hope of one's country and village it is an understandable fear for them to be misinformed regarding the justice of the village." Tenn'o would speak his mind. He didn't really have that big of an issue with the teenagers themselves. It was merely their blatant disrespect for the law of the village that had him unnerved. Taking a small moment to say he would place a hand on his forehead and listen to the woman's explanation of the jutsu that she had used.

"sounds like an interesting technique. ill have to acquire some time. Though I do wonder do these clones lack self-preservation or would they try to seek out an independent existence based on the user of the technique? Eyy, never mind we should continue on with the mission. Now where did you say the rest of these children hung out?"

Stats:

Diana
    Diana
    Wanderer
    Wanderer

Character File

Post by Diana Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:52 am

Diana paused as she considered the boy's words. Yes, she didn't quite have the ability to despence punishment as she was a Genin, but she was the head of two clans in her 30s, and as such her words had more weight. There was also the boy's assumption that she was assigning them the punishment for free labor, and while that wasn't entirely false, being able to keep an eye on them to guide them in the right direction was the true reason; not that she would reveal that. It was clear this boy had a warped view on how she acted, and while she didn't like the viewpoint she knew she needed him to keep it so she wouldn't be seen as a soft leader that could be stepped over.

"Community Service is considered proper punishment for a B-rank offense, and compared to the other punishments it is rather kind. If I did not step in their punishment would likely be incarceration or, if they got a particularly harsh judgement, branding or the theft special." She'd place her hand on the ground and give a quick scan with her extended sensory as she continued. "Since Masaru's unfortunate incident during the Mejing crisis and the formation of the council, people have assumed the punishments have been forgotten. The shinobi have not."

Then there was the comment on her techniques. Simple enough to answer as she got up and began walking. "The best way to answer that is to keep in mind that they are still you. If you fear death, they will as well despite knowing that they just become you again." She'd hear a beep go off on her tomestone, and she already had a good idea as to what it was about. "Unfortunately we must wrap this up. I will take it from here. You may follow or head back to the mission return, it will not affect my report on how well you did today, as while you did not approach the situation quite how I expected you to, you did well."

Whether he followed or not didn't matter now, as she took off in a sprint towards the rest of the gang, having picked up their location when she placed her hand onto the ground. As soon as she'd arrived, she'd preform the Crystal Prison technique to trap them in place, making sure to only crystalize their clothes and not their body in case of accidental crystalline fractures. She'd then make a clone to go get a higher ranked shinobi over to deal with them as she watched to make sure no one touched the crystals. Once they'd arrive, she'd end the technique and be on her way.

{Exit}

160/185 CP
    Sensory Technique; 0.5 CP
    Crystal Prison; CP; 15 CP
    144.5/185 CP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 am