Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Stories Of Old, Jutsu's Of New [Training]

Dahlia Fedcon
    Dahlia Fedcon

Village : Konohagakure

Stories Of Old, Jutsu's Of New [Training] Empty Stories Of Old, Jutsu's Of New [Training]

Post by Dahlia Fedcon Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:48 am

Dahlia wiped the sweat from her brow, her chest heaved, and her body lovely exhausted.

“Bleeding Fangs are bad for speech… but worse for Defense…” She muttered to herself walking over from the roof to her mother’s journals. “Using code for a letter must mean there’s risk involved if someone wrong was to intercept a letter… but who would do so for just a letter for home?”

She looked down to the books with squinted eyes. Who would need to intercept a normal family’s post mail to look for information…? She looked off a bit, closing the journals as she flopped down onto the roof taking a drink of water from a glass she was keeping up there. She then pulled over her own journal and went back to writing and sketching out her plans for a new jutsu muttering as she thought.

“No one… no one would need to do that… not unless…” She slowed her writing thinking about how her mother refused to tell her what she did for a living all the time. “Not unless they had reason to believe they weren’t just a normal family…”

She frowned her brows, closing her eyes before slowly opening them to look towards her mothers eldest journal she normally had laying around. There had to be something she was missing. If her mother refused to leave any information about what she did now it was likely too risky to do so in just mere journals. But perhaps her older ones could show what she used to get up to before she came to the village.

She could be using those old skills here again. She opened it up to the first page. It was from a few years before they came here… when she was probably only around 2 or 3 no doubt. She crossed one leg in front of the other while lifting up the knee to her other that she rested the book on for higher elevation. Her eyes stared at the sketch of her father who had a dumb grin sketched on his face that was littered with bruises and a black eye. She couldn’t help but let a small smile graced her face before letting it fade a bit as she began to read.

“That dumb ass brute really did it this time! I had the plan down and it was going just fine. We only needed a bit of ryo to pay for food for the next town. No biggie, just an in and out thing. I know he hates it when I do this sort of stuff, but he’s truly a fool if he really thinks animal pelts will get us all the supplies we need. Yes we can hunt, but new winter supplies, and clothes for our little girl are going to cost more than a few ryo…” Dahlia read out loud slowly easing her words into a whisper as her eyes danced across the old writing.

She knew a lot of her clothes were patched up old ones from her family members for most of her childhood until-... Until her mother, and uncles picked up their new jobs. She tapped her finger against the paper pressing her other hand’s thumb to her bottom lip. Her eyes glanced up to meet Yasu’s; who sat across from her next to Dove. Yasu held a serious, and puzzled look. Her eyes then met with Dove’s. Dove’s eyes were almost like a warning. She knew learning more was needed, but doing so would shakel Dahlia further down without freedom. As did Dahlia knew the same… But she had to keep going.

The two vanished as she focused on thinking about what she had just read. Her mother had warned her a while back about how she and her father weren’t perfect… which means she likely was afraid she overlooked their issues too much. She looked up from the book to the grey clouds headed toward the village. If she kept reading this she may just end up learning something about her parents that she could never take back.

“Bleeding Fangs are bad for speech…” No doubt the part of the message that said they couldn’t say anymore. “But worse for defense…”

Why would an animal’s fangs bleed….? Possible denial issues… but neglect of self care was doubtful for the cause they would likely use it for. Especially when they had just made a pit stop at home a week or so ago by now. Other causes could be teething… possibly a new job? No. If she didn’t know how things normally went when this was said it could have been plausible but knowing hunting could have been a better code for a job only fed into the little likelihood for this to be a possibility.

Another reason could be when animals bite something they shouldn’t… which could translate to the 3 of them kicking a hornet's nest that they shouldn’t have… which would explain the risk they had of people intercepting messages. So they likely ticked off the wrong guy, and now had to stay low and keep radio silence until things blew over. Which meant they may be in danger. But with what kind of group? Her eyes drifted back to the book she held. Dove’s hand gently placed over top of her own in support.

Whatever was in here… it would probably change everything… Was she really ready for that?

Her eyes shot over to the door that led inside slowly to open. Her eyes went wide before chucking the journal into her tent all the while she imagined Dove bracing the door back until it landed. It landed just barely out of view. She then scrambled for her journal looking back to her notes as she tried to remain composed. Dove vanished into imaginary smoke as the door opened. Her aunt slowly stuck her head over to see Dahlia and her mothers journals around her. With a sigh she made her way out and walked over gently collecting the books as she started to talk.

“Dahlia… I’m sure your mother would be fine with you reading ehr acting books and social psychology books but not her journals.” She shook her head picking up the last one while Dahlia avoided looking away from her book. “How would you like it if someone took your journal and read it?”

“Like they should pay me. I only write about cool stuff. So they’d be super lucky to read my notes.” She muttered out only to yeld as her aunt gripped her pony tail with some moderate strength pulling it back to make her look up to her. “Hey! Ow!”

“Don’t be rude.” Her aunt said firmly before letting go, then promptly snatching up Dahlia’s notebook to look over. “What are you working on anyways? I dont think I’ve heard of Razor Burn before.”

Her aunt asked curiously while Dahlia got up fixing her ponytail a bit.

“It’s one that I made up recently. Tengoku says I need to work on chakra control and coordination. Sooo I figured I’d make my own jutsus that would help me practice those on my own.” She said with a shrug.

“How long have you been working on it?” Her aut asked curiously, passing her the book back.

“Since he took me to the training grounds for the first time… It’s been an early concept until recently but I think that I managed to get the base down…. I just need to practice pumping out the chakra more effectively.”

“Oh?” Her aunt asked, placing a hand on her hip as Dahlia nodded.

With a steady breath she listed off the hand signs in her head as she performed each hand sign. ‘Dragon. Horse. Ox. Tiger. Rabbit. Boar.’ She then pulled one hand back while extending the other as she clenched its fist shut. As she did the signs she had built up a little chakra, but started to focus it a bit more with her closed fist until a small 4 inch flame extended form the back of her fist like a back handed held knife.

“I see… Yeah it did take you a bit to bring it out but it seems pretty well done.” Her aunt tried to praise as Dahlia looked off a bit.

“It’s supposed to be 2 ft big at the minimum…” She muttered under her breath.

“Oh… yeah I see the issue then.” As Dahlia let it fade away into a small stream of smoke her aunt approached and patted her shoulder on her way to the door. “You’ll get it though. You’re too smart to not figure it out… besides you probably just need more practice.”

With that she left. Dahlia stared at the door for a bit before looking back forward where the books had been minutes ago. She sure was lucky she only took those, and not the one she needed right now. She sighed a bit bringing the notebook to her text to place it over her mother’s journal. She and her uncle and Aunt had been talking a bit more the past few weeks and… it honestly was nice.

She couldn’t help but feel weird about it. Somehow it felt foriegn. Even though she had missed it so much for so long… now that she had it… it didn’t even feel the same. She knew it had been years since she had really sat down to regularly spend time with them, but could things change that much that fast? Yeah… honestly it probably had. Her family had taken a big hit since then. One that relocated them all.

The day her father died it had taken a big toll on all of them. One that apparently still took regular payments from more than just her. Her family needed structure again… if they even had it to begin with that is….she was really starting to doubt that too. She’d have to read the journal later… but for now she needed to finish working on Razor Burn. Especially if her mother and uncles were in trouble… She may need every trick up her sleeve that she could muster.

She doubted Tengoku would let her just go on her own to deal with things… but maybe he'd let her take a mini vacation to travel around the land of fire for some time off… Dahlia stretched a bit before performing the jutsu again, this time the flame blade just a bit longer, and just a bit hotter. And while Dahlia would sight see. Yasu Lynn could look into her mother’s disappearance. If things got messy… well Yasu was used to the messy life.

And with Dahlia’s skills under her belt along with her own she could deal with them and take any backfire. While Dahlia could send ryo, and a request in for a formal investigation about whatever may be done if her family was in danger. Everything would work out… right?

Dahlia repeated the jutsu over and over until she managed to work her chakra to just the right point. To feed the bonfire just enough to get the right size of flame. She didn’t underfeed it to cause the flame to die, nor over feed it and cause it to be snuffed out by accident. Just as Tengoku had advised back at their first meeting.

She shifted herself into her best battle stance before swinging the flame. It felt much different than her Tanto. Afterall fire was only as heavy as air, relatively speaking. It would take some getting used to as well as some practice to beagle to better use this in battle. However it worked. Which was something she was proud to say that a jutsu she made actually worked. She smiled just enough for her lips to part a bit looking to the flame blade before opening her hand to let it smolder way into smoke.

She’d need more than just that though for her plans… She needed to perfect Yasu. Which also meant she needed to beagle to function as at least her in public spaces…

Her head shifted back towards the journal. She took a long and deep breath in before sitting down and opened the book where she left off.

“So I did what any mother would. I looked at what I needed, and just like in the old days… I went to execute the plan I made to get it.” Dahlia’s eyes rested on some foul names her mother had for her father that were scribbled out violently before moving on. “He thought I was just talking with the group. Then happily asked if they bought our clothes and like the light hearted moron he is.. He pointed to the pouch I had lifted off the rich one. One of them laid their hand on me and well…”

“Locus didn’t deal with that well. I never felt more lucky in my life to know we were somewhere no one could see what he did to them… but I can tell it didn’t feel the same for him. Even now he’s just laying with our little girl while she naps and he won’t even look at me. I should feel bad. But our family will stay afloat another month with this. I know it hurts for him, but keeping the family okay is the most important thing. No matter who has to fall to ensure they’ll stay that way.”

Dahlia slowly closed the book without moving onto the next entry and slowly slid it under her pillow. She slowly lowered herself down onto the said pillow before slowly closing her eyes tightly. Slowly she parted then with frowned brows. So her mother really wasn’t avoiding home because of how she was… but she was still out to help her and the family.. Right? She wasn't doing it just to do it or anything… could she?

“Please let her be okay….” She whispered barely loud enough for even herself to hear.

She could feel Dove gently holding her, while Yasu held her hand as she sat next to her. Like ehr they remained silent. But their moral support shouted loudly into the silence as Dahlia let herself rest as the rain began.

OOC:

All training can be found in the following text color. 340 Words should be the total count invested into training.

Jutsu Trained:

[Link To Official Jutsu Post]

Post 1

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 pm