Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Heartfelt Alterations

Kara
    Kara

Village : Kumogakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fuuton, Doton, Jiton, Chemistry, Iryojutsu, Engineering, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Fuuinjutsu, Ninjutsu, Kugutsu, Genjutsu
    Class: S
    Ryo: More than I need, less than I'd like

Heartfelt Alterations Empty Heartfelt Alterations

Post by Kara Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:11 am

Kara had enjoyed an exciting adventure in her pursuit of ensuring the safety of her loved ones. As much as Kara was still capable of love. She had her faithful employees and residents of her city Darhkvale and beyond that not much else. She had her brother and was slowly learning to allow herself to love again, but it was taking time. She had given her heart to someone once, her husband Damien Darhk, and while it had been thrilling - in the end she was not convinced that it had been worth becoming that vulnerable. Ever since her unfortunate escapade with the bandit troupe that had kidnapped her she had vowed to not show true weakness again. The vow of a child, which turned out to not be worth much.

When she had met Damien she had fallen deeply and madly in love with him despite her previous resolve. It had been a whirlwind romance that had swept her off her feet and set her future to something bright and fantastic. Until the fateful day when the terrorists from Mockingbird laid waste to her husband’s city - an assassination so beyond blatant that it rocked the very foundation of the world and sparked The Gurētodaiingu War. Kara had been caught up in the vicious plot and nearly lost her own life in a reportedly connected attempt at murder. Fortunately she had kept her life although she had lost her arm for the privilege.

Walking into her workshop, Kara sighed heavily as the memories of the last few years replayed through her mind. In another rare moment of vulnerability Kara kicked off her black leather stilettos and stood with her bare feet on the cold floor. She closed the door to her workshop with her metal arm and leaned heavily against it as she fought the emotions that threatened to overwhelm her. She had come to her workshop to reforge the exquisite pieces of armor she had created for Damien, but never had the opportunity to give to him. She had the silk and leather suit draped over her left arm, and she clutched at it tenderly as she finally resigned herself to move towards her worktable. “Why did you have to leave me?” Her words were whispered, almost as though she was speaking to the suit itself. It was the last thing she had left of him and the thought tearing it apart was breaking her heart. She knew though that it had to be done. She knew well enough that the longer she let herself wallow in misery the harder it would be to advance beyond the perfection she had already attained.

And she now had reason to want to advance. She’d had the good fortune of meeting a particularly intriguing Otsutsuki during her mission recently, and beyond being intellectually fascinated, she had found herself captivated by the idea of something more. Not love, no. But more intense than a simple business relationship, and that yearning had turned her thoughts inward, to the delicate balance that existed between professionalism and actual desire. She frequently employed the arts of subterfuge and manipulation to her business dealings; revelling in the pliancy that carnal desire created in her clients. But this time. . . this wasn’t just a means to closing out a business deal, or a frivolous dalliance. As much as she tried to push away thoughts of Their Divinity, they returned again and again. And it occurred to her that if her desires caused her distress, that she needed to change something.

Even though she fancied herself a purely intellectual and logical being, she knew that was a fallacy. She was still human, though less so than most others thanks to a particularly troublesome whelp of a Kazekage, and humans were known for their emotions. Emotions that if continuously repressed led to serious mental and physical health issues. And Kara would know - being that her actual profession was as a doctor. Finally releasing her hold on the amethyst coloured suit she picked up her tools and set to work gently pulling apart the seams and reforming the suit into a formal gown. To suit her mood she dyed the violet cloth a mourning black, adding silver and gold embroidered detailing. As she reforged the armor she noted that one component had grown inert - the Cloudstalker Eel Hide - and she removed it from the new garment, setting it aside carefully.

As she worked she thought, she cried and she muttered quietly to herself. This was the final step in her grief; finally she had come to the point where she thought she could let him go. It was not peaceful though, it was heart wrenching and painful. “I will always love you, Damien. But I need to let you go now. I haven’t lived since I lost you and there’s so much still to live for. I have family again, a brother, and I need to learn to love him. I think you would have liked him better if you’d have known who he was. Or maybe you did know. . . He takes care of me, but he’s broken-hearted as well. He lost his wife. And neither one of us can help the other if we’re both broken.”

She worked for hours, carefully tailoring the armor to fit her perfectly. All the while she continued saying her goodbyes to Damien. She regaled him with tales of her adventures and various exploits since he’d left; she told of those she’d met, the alien world she’d visited, the things she’d created. She spoke of the romantic interest she was considering with Yua and of her desire with Their Divinity. When she was finished she channelled her chakra to enchant the gown with her Blessing. Once she was satisfied that her work was finished she would dress herself in her new armor and carefully gather the leftover pieces to her chest and hold them there. “Goodbye my love. One day we will meet again, and until then I will live.” Among the pieces that were left over was the small bit of embroidery she had originally done for Damien; in golden cursive writing were the words;

Mon Soleil et Mes Etoiles

These pieces she stored safely within a seal to be taken with her to Darhkvale when next she ventured there. With a weight seemingly lifted from her shoulders she strode out of her workshop in her new armor and to her home in Shimiko Towers.

[Exit Thread]

Notes:

Mistress Kara:

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:53 am