Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Perception or Strength? A conversation with the Raven.

Maigo
    Maigo

Village : N/A

Perception or Strength? A conversation with the Raven. Empty Perception or Strength? A conversation with the Raven.

Post by Maigo Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:00 pm

Maigo entered into the dark room with a small duffle bag at his shoulder, letting it drop to the ground a few feet from the door as he took his time to move around the room and light each candle in the training room. With each new flicker of light, Maigo's face illuminated just slightly more bright and radiated his seemingly exasperated and empty expression. It was a face of confusion underlined by frustration. His troubles hadn't truly held him back anymore than his motivation and it was time to move past where he has.

With the final candle lit, the room was moderately illuminated, revealing a large matted area at the center as the square room overcast everything. At the far side of the mat were 5 dummies made of thickly braided rope and straw, obviously meant for practice cutting and taking a solid hit all the same. The bases of the figures were made of cheap wood but crafted well enough that they stood straight and solid. The humanoid shapes they offered gave little in the way of being a real person as they were little more than blank expressions of torso and head.

Maigo shifted his way back towards his bag and removed a towel and a bamboo bottle to drink water from along with a few rice balls and other protein-rich snacks to keep him going through a long day's training. He wore his standard ninja gear as he would for a mission, black pants and sandals with some wrapping of bandage around his ankles leading towards his knees before folding into the pants legs themselves. Two ninja pouches at his back right and back left hip and two kunai holsters on his right leg as well. His shirt was little more than a grey vest parted slightly to expose his chest and a large cloth belt colored in a dark red to keep his person together. Most interestingly were the katana sheathed at his right side, ready for a quick draw and his backpack that kept two folded fuma shuriken folded and hanging at the side of the backpack.

Within the pack, there were many various ninja tools that would aid Maigo on missions. No need for them here but it felt right to bring it all along in case he wanted to vary his training. Regardless, Maigo lowered his left shoulder slightly and let the arm of the backpack fall lazily off his arm before he shimmied his way out and flung the backpack around to his right hand before holding it, swaying, over the ground slightly. Once he was sure, he would let it drop to the ground with a small thud and clang of metal against the items within.

Turning slowly with a sigh, Maigo would begin to stretch for a moment, feeling his muscles tighten and stretch with some resistance particularly in the support muscles. The very essence of him began to build as he closed his eyes and focused his efforts on increasing his stretch and controlling his breathing. Feeling it almost like a tangible event. Each inhale felt sharp and increased the build-up in his torso and stomach before he would exhale and leave a void of air and stress behind it. The void felt better than breathing to him. The very state of leaving behind his worries to focus on the primal and essence of being alive. It was invigorating and prepared his mental state more than any motivation he'd had in some time; more than the stretching he was doing to stay lithe and limber, more than the fear of remaining weak forever. Those motivations were too abstract and temporary.

No, feeling alive in this very moment was all he needed to do to prepare. To focus on his task and the goals he set out for himself today.

And yet, his concentration was broken completely with a sharp snap.

One of the dummies called out to him with a sharp and raspy voice that pierced the air like a threat.

"Do you know why you're training? Or are you as lost as the others that have come to this room?"

Maigo's eyes would bolt forward towards the direction of those training dummies and golden orbs would scan the area in front of him looking for friend or foe. Deception or the source of his new company. Instead of finding the dummies talking back to him, he instead found an obsidian bird standing at the shoulder of the fourth dummy. Golden eyes would meet a void of pitch black and his voice would hitch as the bird's long beak would stay pointed to the wall to the right and a single black eye would focus on Maigo with an intensity he was unsure he deserved.

His throat would begin to clump and he would force his vocal cords to action while now standing upright completely still. His legs slightly spread apart and something less terrifying than fear gripping him in place,

"What?"

It was all the young genin could manage to bring out of a gulped breath before watching the bird rustle its feathers and continue to stare at him. The stand off between Genin and Raven was in motion and all the training and awareness Maigo had; wondering if it were a Genjutsu or a Summoning jutsu. All of it failed to matter as he couldn't seem to parse reality in the moment.

[907 words, 10 XP total gained (5 solo + 5 for Training Ground)]

Perception or Strength? A conversation with the Raven. Maigo_10

I was trying to figure out which was worse, Ignorance or Apathy. And now I realize that I don't know and I don't care. - Maigo Mugetsu

Missions: D-2|C-0|B-0|A-0|S-0
    Maigo
    Maigo

Perception or Strength? A conversation with the Raven. Empty Re: Perception or Strength? A conversation with the Raven.

Post by Maigo Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:23 pm

The bird flapped it's wings slightly and hopped on its skinny legs to face more towards Maigo, a cocked beak and eye shined as it began to process the genin fully.

"I asked if you know why you're training. If you really understand what you're doing or if you're just another fool pushing his way to become nothing anytime soon..."

The bird's voice began to move from piercing to blending into the air around them as the conversation began to settle into its pace. Maigo's yellow orbs found themselves just staring in disbelief for a brief second before a focused breath began to clear his mind again, like before the Raven arrived.

"I'm training to become stronger, to become an asset to the village, to become more than just a genin and a nobody."

Maigo's voice would sound as commanding as it could in his confusion, still unsure of whether or not this was simply genjutsu or some other trick. His very essence began to lull back on the back of his false confidence. Pure bravado and nothing more. He hadn't the skill to back up his tone even if his words were an honest assessment of his place. Maigo's expression would remain steadfast and fallen somewhere between an intense need to prove himself and his words and the sullen empty expression he carried while lighting the candles around the room.

"So, you are just clueless then. You're not going to get very far in this life with that attitude and without any real conviction. Especially someone with your background and potential skill." the Raven would leave off trailing before clicking his beak a few times after his small revelation.

Maigo's eyes would narrow slightly, shifting his split expression into something more of confusion with a mildly furrowing brow and squinting eyes focused in on the bird. What could that have meant, what is this bird talking about and who were they to say anything about my future. Maigo's mouth began to produce what would be words but were cut off before even a full syllable could echo throughout the training room.

"You know that I can see the future and can even read your mind?" the Raven would pause before stepping around to point his beak to the head of the training dummy and begin to take Maigo in with his other bleak eye. This one just as black but marked with a milky white that began to swirl towards its center. "It's true even if you don't believe me. Truthfully, I could shatter your entire world but I get no such joy out of revelations like that. But go on, ask your questions and if they're questions worth asking then perhaps I'll give you an answer worth hearing."

Maigo's confused expression had faded away to something more... complacent. His eyes locked into the milky color of the Raven's eye and before he knew it, he felt like he was being watched in more than one way. Something unsettled his core but he couldn't find the tenacity to realize what was happening in hid mind. Before he knew it, Maigo began to blurt out,

"Alright, are you a genjutsu?"

The Raven tilted it's head sharply before returning to center and cawing out loudly, filling the room with a piercing screech.

"That wasn't a question worth asking..."

Maigo's teeth gritted slightly. He supposed that maybe reality had nothing to do with his current situation and if he were simply hallucinating, it would be nearly impossible for him to tell without digging further. "Fine then, what do you mean by my potential skill?"

The Raven would stretch out slightly and keep locked into the near determind eyes that Maigo gave off to him.

"The very potential that everyone who comes from great and terrible pasts has. You don't know though, do you?"

"No." Maigo's reply came quickly and sharply.

"Perhaps it would be worth telling you then, or perhaps it would be more worthwhile to let you discover it on your own..." if the Raven could smile it would certainly be doing so now. The tone of it's voice twisted into an almost taunting mannerism of a child who held a secret and wanted to dangle it like bait on a hook.

Still, Maigo unwavered and held after he replied, clenched teeth held against the tone of the Raven as he waited for the next reply.

[735 words, 10 XP earned, 20 XP total]

I was trying to figure out which was worse, Ignorance or Apathy. And now I realize that I don't know and I don't care. - Maigo Mugetsu

Maigo
    Maigo

Perception or Strength? A conversation with the Raven. Empty Re: Perception or Strength? A conversation with the Raven.

Post by Maigo Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:37 pm

"No, you're not ready for it yet. But you will be soon, I can see that much. Just know that great power stirs within you, unlocked and ready to be unleashed if you learn the strength to control it proper."

Maigo would breath out his focus, letting a controlled breath segue him to the words coming out of his mouth without a care for what they really were. "I don't understand, I have some great power but everyone has this potential? You're not making any sense, I already told you I came here to get stronger so how's that any different than what you just said even though you told me I'm wrong?!"

The Raven seemed to sigh for a moment before cawing again and spreading it's wings out in a small display before quickly retracting and puffing itself up.

"Because you insolent little fool! You don't know what strength is, and how could such a fledgling human being as yourself know any better?!"

The raised voice of the Raven shouted down Maigo's very confidence. Though the genin remained standing as tall as he could, something inside him felt very small in this time.

"Dumb kids like you chase nonsense dreams with no care for the world around them and no understanding what true strength actually is! If I had shed a feather for every time that some genin wished to be 'stronger' then I'd be as bald as a seal, I would!" the Raven almost gave off a defiant laugh at his own joke but the serious tone held Maigo at bay and confused within his very soul.

"You think swinging that sword a bit faster than your enemy, with more power is going to make you strong? Where's the wisdom in that you fool. There will always be those strong and faster than you no matter how hard you train. You need to find other ways to become strong and use your gifts to your advantage..."

The Raven's lecture had taken a turn but Maigo's face would fall into dismay as he tried to understand what was being told to him.

"I don't get it, what do you mean gifts?"

The Raven would sigh again with a grunt to follow.

"You really are clueless, aren't you?" the words pierced what would have angered Maigo and pushed the dismay to the front. Maigo was as lost as ever, unable to understand reality, and whatever this delusion was telling him was less obvious than even the most basic things he'd figured out on his own, "Tell me, what is a gift if you don't know that you have it. If I gave you something you couldn't see, hold, or feel. What is it?"

Maigo's lips would purse for a moment while he thought. Can't see, feel, or hold... intangible? Obviously... but a gift? Something given but I already have it...

With a snap and flicker, Maigo's eyes would shoot from the floor to the Raven in a near instant,

"A trait?"

Maigo's confidence had been shaken and the answer he gave was more shaky than he wanted it to be but the words were out.

"Good... a trait." Again, it were like the curl of the Raven's smile could be heard as he began to respond. "Now answer me this, Lost Boy, what traits do you possess?" The Raven's milky eye would appear for a moment like it were turning as it's focus remained unmoving on Maigo. Deep in thought and trying to find the words for what traits he thought he possessed.

[593 words, 10 XP earned, 30 XP total]

Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:27 pm

Maigo pondered on the Raven's question for a moment while considering what value he really had. All things considered he felt pretty week and not particularly extraordinary when he compared himself to other ninja of legend as well as those ninja his age that he might consider his peers. But his mind wrapped around the question and it wasn't long before Maigo would try to answer the bird's question with some genuineness to his words.

"I guess you mean that I'm pretty decent with my sword, a pretty good imagination people tell me, lots of friends and such so I'm not particularly lonely..." Maigo would trail off for a second while the Raven shifted slightly and even pecked at the head of the dummy.

"Is that it?"

Maigo would sharply retort back, his voice raising in volume slightly, "I guess so! You're not really telling me what you're looking for here so how am I supposed to know?!"

The Raven would pause for a moment as if waiting for Maigo to finish his minor outburst.

"So you wouldn't call yourself hard-working, socially intelligible, high emotional intelligence, nothing like that? You don't think you have any particularly aptitude to understand people?" The Raven's head would go cock-eyed for a moment as if baiting Maigo to the question, already knowing the answer he wanted to hear.

"I guess so..." Maigo would carry with a confused look on his face.

"It's not a matter of guessing boy. I suppose I would tell you that's what I see in your eyes and whether you really are those things or not, you have the potential to become them and so much more. It's the real difference maker for what you could be. Not some hooligan who simply throws his sword around as fast as he can hoping for the best outcome but instead someone who can see his opponents for what they really are. Then he doesn't need to be faster, he'll know their actions and motives as soon as they know them themselves."

The Raven would finish standing tall on the shoulder, his eyes and words bearing down on Maigo like a hammer trying to make a point.

"I don't really know what you mean..."

"Of course you don't! You don't seem to want to understand for some weirtd sense of self preservation or humility."

The Raven would let the words sink in for a second before continuing. "I'm telling you that you have a gift that very few people in this world have. And you've unlocked that gift in many forms early on in your life. Very early on. If you had half the mind to realize it then you could have done something about it and maybe trained and progressed in that knowledge much earlier. Really made something of yourself to say the least..."

Maigo felt as confused as ever but was still having trouble deciphering what the Raven meant after all. Past his cryptic message of hope for Maigo's skills.

"What do you mean, make something of myself? I'm making something of myself now!"

Maigo would let the words bash the air as he could feel the Raven begin to smile again.

[10 XP gained, 40 XP total]

Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:41 pm

"Fine boy, if you really want to know then I'll tell you but I won't tell you everything and regardless of what you say or do. You're not going to like the outcome nor do I expect you to really know what to do with it..." the Raven's cruel and taunting tone carried throughout the room.

Maigo could feel the tangible anxiety on the back of his neck. It had crept down his arms and began to aspirate the sweat hidden in his palms. Clammy hands and feet grew as he could do nothing else but shout out,

"Enough already! Out with it or get out of my head you Demonic Illusion! I'll have no more of this without straight answers from you!"

The Raven would turn, facing his milky colored eye away from Maigo and replacing his gaze with the purely obsidian eye that felt endlessly deep,

"Enough you say, we've only just begun I hope you know. But listen good Maigo Mugetsu, you Lost Boy." the Raven would pause long enough to let Maigo realize the echo that filled the room to respond to his yelling, power deep from within the Raven's vocal cords that was almost stunning in itself. "Have you ever wondered why you were so much better in the Academy with things like Genjutsu but struggled so tremendously with the skills others excelled at with ease? The clone jutsu and substitution... Do you wonder why you were weaker and slower than the other kids but still able to hold your own?!"

Maigo would remain silent but would shake his head in affirmation, adding his own shoulder shrug to give a visual cue for the response that, I don't know? It's just the way it is?

The Raven would continue on quickly almost as to respond to Maigo's very thoughts.

"No! You foolish boy, things aren't just simply that way because of some random chance in life. Things have reasons and you are as foolish as anyone for not realizing it!"

The Raven would pause again to see if Maigo would respond but was met instead with a curiously blank expression and no movement to match. Almost infatuated with curiosity at this point, Maigo wouldn't dare interrupt or argue.

"It's because boy, you are not simply what you think you are. You come from a much greater lineage than the son of a Chuunin father with no ties to clans and nothing particularly special about him. You are really the son of an Uchiha, and you have a rare talent stemming from the Eye of Insight and the Eye of Hypnotism!"

Maigo would almost chuckle in response, feeling the utter nonsense of the situation but he was paralyzed into inaction as he realized that the Raven was not just a normal Raven. Instead the room had changed shade to the colors of black and red and where the Raven's obsidian eye was, was a new eye blood red in color with three black tomoe spinning around. Maigo felt utterly paralyzed and failed to move as the Raven continued speaking.

"You have a gift to see and understand people, your mind is a great weapon that you could wield to an even greater potential! But you've failed to do that and so I've arrived to set things straight."

"And who are you? Actually..." Maigo would meekly eke out into the air.

"I am your father's summon. Your real father's."

And the air would sit silently for a moment as Maigo tried to process the words and discern whether this was fact or fiction. An illusion or reality.

[10 XP gained, 50 XP total]

Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:54 pm

Maigo had paused long enough before he finally inhaled and gathered his strength about him.

"You're full of it. My father is a Chuunin of Konoha, an academy instructor who helps handle the missions assigned to the village!"

"Foolish. Your father killed your mother in cold blood, kidnapped your brother and sister and now feeds them lies that you are the reason their mother is dead. They hold you responsible and will seek their vengeance soon enough."

Maigo would scoff, "I don't believe you!"

"Believe this then!" the Raven would exclaim before his Sharingan eye would begin to spin rapidly.

Maigo would feel his heart beat out of his chest for a second before the room would rapidly change before him to the appearance of a small home. Maigo watched helplessly as he watched a man who didn't look too far different from him walk in the room past a woman knelt at a table full of food. His eyes were pointed downward and his face sunken as he walked past her to the sink. Her voice would echo upwards for a moment,

"Is everything alright dear?" her voice was so kind and gentle. Calming even, and Maigo felt struck with fear as he felt it was a voice that he'd heard in his deepest dreams on occasion. But what came next struck him with pure abject terror as he watched a small baby stir next to the woman.

"I've already heard..." he would leave trailing off while he stood unmoving at the sink for a moment while the woman's face twisted from confusion to fear.

The next few moments fell silent. Not really silent but obfuscated entirely by a sharp ringing like tinnitus in his ears as he watched the man draw a small tanto at his waist and would quickly cut the woman down. Not instantly, as she resisted but within a few moves, the woman instead struggled and grabbing her child would quickly weave handsigns while dodging the man's attacks and without warning the child bundled and crying would be teleported from the room.

The man screamed against it, demanding she not but it was too late. And the spectered Maigo watching the scene would see the Sharingan in his eyes but more painfully, the anger as he attacked in full force. His tanto sheathed in flame as he attacked and began to destroy the house around them as he finally brought the woman down.

Maigo felt tears in his eyes begin to well up, unsure if it was part of the illusion or real. The scene felt like it lasted for ages and left with the anonymous man breathing heavily, fire growing around him as he took in the situation he had created.

Maigo would snap back to the room of red and black with the Raven and would fall to one knee. He didn't want to believe it but so much was a recurring image from his deepest dreams.

"So... you're telling me that I was that baby?"

Silence.

"No. I saw no siblings there, this isn't real! You're trying to deceive me to some end I don't know!" Maigo's posture was weak but he could certainly feel the tears running down his cheek now.

The Raven stood silent longer.

"I don't get it, why are you telling me this, what's the point?!" Maigo would shout out.

The Raven would let out a breath.

"Because it's time to cultivate power for your siblings. Your father wants you at your best so he can bestow the ultimate power of the Uchiha to his rightful heirs. It's time that you grow to become a proper challenge."

Maigo felt his breath leave him, he almost couldn't believe what he was hearing and wanted more than anything to reject it as an outright lie.

[10 XP gained, 60 XP total]

Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:21 pm

"I don't understand any of this, what does any of that mean?! Cultivate me? What sort of sick reason is that?" Maigo would shout in defiance, without knowing it, his legs would have spread to prepare his stance, a small bead of sweat would have formed at his brow, and his eyes would be locked in on the Raven. Almost unwavering, his voice's echo would carry throughout the room and his eyes wouldn't hardly blink.

The Raven would ruffle it's feathers a bit before cawing out a reply,

"It's just the way of your family kid. Nothing you can really do about it but get much stronger and hope you're ready to face those tasks..." the Raven's snide remarks would put Maigo over the edge as he would quickly sink into his stance and grab two shuriken from his right pouch and quickly throw them in the Raven's direction.

The bird would quickly expand out its wings and flap twice to lift itself into the air while the first shuriken struck the shoulder of the dummy and the second would spin underneath the feet of the now floating bird.

"Fine, if you want a little test then I'll let you have it but you're not going to like this even more."

Maigo would clench his teeth and quickly begin to form handseals after the Raven was done talking, [Monkey, Ram, Bird] before finishing on the final hand seal and then inhaling to fill his lungs before letting a piercing whistle out to fill the room. Though the Raven floated above him, the now Sharingan eye was facing him and begun to spin as he cast his jutsu. Something he hadn't done before but had been working on, soon, the Raven's hearing and mind would be filled over by an intense tinnitus-like ringing.

But Maigo wasn't done just yet, on top of his new genjutsu to try out, he would also bring out his old tricks. Drawing his sword and dashing forward towards the Raven, Maigo would swing the sword, weaving his chakra into the blade so that the next physical interaction the Raven would have with it would draw him into another illusion.

It would work perfectly as the beak would bat down the katana and the contact to hit the sword away would provide a perfect and ample trigger. Maigo would step back slightly as the bird floated overhead, Sharingan eye still spinning. Maigo would tilt his head up and grin, it had all worked so perfectly so far. Any second now, he would easily be able to land a strike on this raven and send it to the next world. Maigo's grin would carry widely, until...

"What are you so happy about? Genjutsu like that won't work on me..." and it was then that Maigo realized he was hearing ringing in his own ears.

Genjutsu reversal?!

Maigo would quickly begin the handsigns to release the Genjutsu reversed on himself.

[Tiger]

Making sure to break both genjutsu, he could now feel his stamina having drained already. Knowing it wasn't much chakra but it was more than he had used in some time, and more than he was planning to use.

[10 XP, 70 XP total]
    [Training Genjutsu Kai, and Internal Sound for 300 words total (150 + 150)]
    [-3 CP for Art of Wilting Fern, and -1 CP for Internal Sound. -4 for Genjutsu Kai: 62 CP remaining]

Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:36 pm

Maigo's breath would have increased as the Raven circled overhead. He would wait a moment before dropping his shoulder and rolling to grab his sword again, aiming the sharp point towards the bird.

The Raven would look on him almost un-phased.

"Come on then, lets see those eyes go to work. Activate them already, draw out what power you have." the Raven would jest at Maigo while flapping his wings and keeping his distance. Maigo's feet would shuffle in a calculated manner to stay square with the bird.

"COME ON!" the Raven would shout out in a raspy caw as he demanded Maigo to do something he had no concept of or understanding on how to do. He wasn't even convinced that he could do something like that.

With a few more steps the Raven would give him no more room and would instead center himself towards Maigo, "Fine, then we'll force it out so you can understand!" and the Raven would spread his wings wide and float in the air as he let out a loud and powerful screech towards Maigo.

The very power of the screech would shift the air and before Maigo could react, the Raven would dive towards him with its beak pointed at him almost aiming to spear him. Maigo would take the chance to trade blows, turning his foot and lifting his sword to slash down on the Raven's neck, his sword would find nothing and the Raven would shift miraculously and dive into his very vision.

Darkness would sit for a moment and Maigo would find himself trapped in the wall of a familiar scene. The same one the Raven had shown him early. His arms and legs were trapped and no amount of fidgeting or squirming would seem to free Maigo from the wall.

It would feel like hours, the scene that had unfolded before would play over and over again in succession to him. Tears in his eyes, no words able to leave his throat, and the violence of the situation forced on him for as long as he could bear it.

no

No.

NO!

The woman, his mother would shout over and over again until the words blended into his mind as nothing but sounds. The slash of blade through the air faded to nothing. And the next thing Maigo knew, his pain began to elicit a response. He couldn't have been sure how long it took, or how many times he needed to watch before he realized it. But his eyes had changed, somewhere in the chaos. The sounds were fading into chaos and the scene was littered with shades of different colors and blurred motions.

Maigo had assumed it was part of the illusion entirely until he found himself back in the training room, falling to his knees and dropping his katana to the side. His eyes fell on the ground but hadn't changed, things seemed slower, the colors had changed, and everything seemed to burn in his pupils. He couldn't tell but the Raven seemed pleased as it stopped its flying and landed back on the shoulder of the dummy.

"I don't like doing things this way but it seemed to have worked. Hopefully you understand how to draw this chakra up for the future. You're going to need it."

Maigo's eyes would roll up from the small pool of sweat that was forming on the floor and his golden colored Sharingan would lock onto the red Sharingan the Raven carried. For a moment, the Dojutsu would spin in unison before Maigo would begin to push himself up.

[10 XP, 80 XP total]
    [-0.2 CP for 3-tomoe Sharingan, 61.8 CP remaining]

Maigo
    Maigo

Post by Maigo Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:51 pm

Maigo's arms would shake, the input from his new eyes began to overwhelm him completely, so many colors and so much input. As his Sharingan spun, it only extracted a small amount of chakra but seemed extract his mental energy much further. Trying to get to one knee, he would find that he would collapse back down. His mental energy had beaten him, his breath increased and while his body felt like it could continue on, his mind had been beaten down.

The Raven would watch silently for a moment as the young genin would resist but would chime in,

"I guess you have a long ways to go. Just remember what I said, you have the gift of a mind if you would cultivate it. Take these eyes and this new information and stop wasting your time so lazily."

Maigo's head would rise up, his eyes shaky but golden Sharingan remained focused on him. He was on the verge and teetering, somewhere between jumping out to grab hold of this Raven and crush his neck with his own hands and on the other end, a deep sleep. He would resist though, fight it as long as he could hold out to.

"So, if that's all you've got then I'll be going and report what I found out to your real father. Something you may want to dig into and find the truth out on your own but those eyes should be enough to convince you that I'm not lying. See ya kid. Hopefully when you've progressed to a point worthwhile for us all..."

The Raven would let his Sharingan eye fade away and would finally take his eyes off Maigo. Maigo on the other hand found another chance to act and would step off his toes and try to dive forwards, met only by his body hitting the ground and a single right arm outstretched towards the Raven and training dummy. The Raven would tilt its head and in a quick puff of smoke would vanish from the room.

Maigo would roll to his shoulder and watch, painfully, until he was sure that he was alone. It wouldn't be long before his roll would complete and he would find himself lying on his back, halting the chakra to his eyes after a minute of concerted effort and letting his eyelids finally close and rest. A deep rest almost bordering sleep as he let his mind recover just a bit, feeling the sting and fatigue on his mind.

Some time later, what felt like hours even, a woman would come by. Her voice wasn't piercing but it wasn't soothing either.

"Hey! Come help me out and drag this one to the hospital to recover too! It seems he pushed it too far as well."

The woman would enter in, Maigo's now plain golden eyes barely able to parse out what was happening before she would gather his things and begin to sit him up. Maigo felt conscious but at the same time, his responses were little better than a drunken rant. Many steps later and the woman along with another man nearly a foot taller than her, closer to Maigo's height, would come in and pick him up with his bag and backpack and carry him out of the training facility, down the Konoha streets late at night to the hospital.

Maigo would sit up in a bed, some fluids in an IV in his arm and an order to rest until he was coherent and recovered.

[10 XP, 90 XP total]
    [Trained Genjutsu Kai, Internal Sound]
    [-0.2 CP from Sharingan, 61.6 CP remaining]
    [Exit Thread]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:05 pm