Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

4 posters

Returning Flames (Sero)

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Fire, Water, Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu
    Class: A
    Ryo:

Returning Flames (Sero) Empty Returning Flames (Sero)

Post by Valen Minamoto Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:32 am

Valen luckily had not lost his memory of Kirigakure, and as such that meant he was able to make a beeline straight for the barracks of the Nightmare Brigade. He moved through the metropolis that was Kirigakure and looked around, not much had changed that he could personally see. Although he had yet to see anyone he really recognized. That was not surprising really. He was a loner by nature and did not tend to seek the company of others unless necessary. He had met some he had not minded in the least, and even enjoyed. Sero, although the omnipresent aura of fear from him always made the hairs on the back of Valen’s neck stand on end, was pleasant enough in conversation. Sayuri, his mistress, who had opened him up to a world of pain and lust and had pushed him to indulge himself with her. Who had given him freedom from his past when he never even knew he hadn’t not truly had it before.

Arisu, who was professional and polite. Who rewarded excellence appropriately and he figured would reward failure appropriately as well. Ayame who had given him interesting conversation and an enjoyable little spar at the Heavenly Emporium. Azula, who had been a very interesting encounter given her inability to talk. They had communicated fine and he found himself remembering their intimate moments together very fondly indeed. There were others, individuals whom he had not minded being near. It made him consider the idea of trying to be more social but the idea of trying to figure out social interactions on a more normal level was daunting. Still, it was not something that would cause any real agony to him. So he supposed it was something worth looking into.

Eventually he would arrive at the barracks of the nightmare brigade and enter. Glancing over at the training area he would see members practicing and taking turns in a sparring arena. As he had seen on his first day. This time however he would not join them, at least not immediately. He needed to report in first. He hoped Sero was in the office at the moment, because if he was not than that meant he would need to wait for him. He moved up to the office door and knocked on it, waiting to hear if anyone told him to enter. If not he would simply lean on the wall next to the door and wait patiently. If so, he would enter and kneel. “Valen Minamoto, reporting for duty.” He would say simply. Unsure if it was Sero he would find in the office or not.

[1]

Renown: 9,250
    Ryo: 8,750,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A+
    • Speed: A
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: C
    • Perception: A

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Outdated at this point
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Village : N/A

Returning Flames (Sero) Empty Re: Returning Flames (Sero)

Post by Sero Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:11 am

The men were training but they seemed in good health. Of course there was a memorial wall now for those who had fallen in service to the brigade. Men who had faced strong enemies and fallen in battle were honored there. For Sero it was just a silly Human custom but the mens morale seemed boosted for it. It was simple stone with metal plaques with names inscribed on them. In rows. As of late business had picked up with the war so far behind them. Ex mercenaries had no way to make money outside of piracy and banditry in Kirigakure. Sero could only be so many places and they had grown bold with that thought. Though the ones who killed any member of his brigade drew his direct attention...they spent more time evading patrols and keeping their bases hidden. Still some recognized Valen as he passed and it stirred a murmuring. One of his students had returned for more. The young man had been frozen last they heard so of course it caused a stir.

The door itself would be closed when Valen arrived. Seeking entry with a sharp rap on the door. Curt as it was it served its purpose. The door would slowly creak open. As if unused often the corroded hinges from Sero's presence would creak despite having been oiled earlier that month. The moment the door cracked it would all flow out. A dark and sinister in nature. For most this would be cause to flee. Beyond that door was nothing short of death. As if a blade had slipped out and been pressed to his throat. Yet nothing was there. An urge to flee maybe but nothing moved beyond that dark crack. A dim light pouring through, a green glow. It all screamed to turn back...to flee this place or face sheer wrath. For Valen however it would be more like an invitation to a familiar sensation. Sero was in the office.

Sero would enter and kneel before announcing himself. There was the desk in the center...plain with the paint peeling in spots from remaining close to Sero too long. Too many hours with that corrosive presence. Even the paint on the walls was peeling and at some point the lamp had shorted out and the light bulb shattered. On the desk was a map of kirigakure with several x marks on it. Patrols had sought out warehouses and islands. Eliminating criminals when they found them but nothing large. A green flame hanging in the air above the desk. The flame providing light on the map itself...but it seemed to eat it from the rest of the room. From the shadows behind the desk a pair of cold black and blue eyes would open and shine. Only the eyes would shine from the dark of the room for a moment as Sero spoke in a quiet monotone. His voice carrying in the shadows as they seemed to whisper echos of his words. As if in the distance and barely audible.

"Is that so? Tell me something to prove to me it is you Valen...if it is not ..than a poor choice of disguise this would have been for an assassin. "

Renown: 0
    Ryo: 25,000

Stats
    • Strength: D
    • Constitution: D
    • Stamina: B (B+ lifestyle)
    • Intelligence: B

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:39 pm

The door would open, creaking audibly on hinges that had corroded. The moment the seam in the door had split to open the presence within would be felt and the hairs on the back of Valen’s neck and arms would stand on end. A familiar presence would wash over him and his red eyes would glint with a deep excitement as that feeling of being hunted fell over him. To many the aura of the man he had come to see would cause them to run or cower in fear. Valen of course had always had a different reaction to fear. He loved the challenge of battle, the singing thrill of combat and the dance upon the razors edge that it entailed. The fine line between life and death. He loved it, and this aura, this palpable feeling of dread, of being hunted by a predator that intended to kill you? It was more akin to a possible fight to come for the man.

After all, any opponent worth facing, worth fighting, and worth dying to had to be fearsome, right?

Of course that was not Valen’s intention here. Sero had recruited him into the Nightmare Brigade, had brought him in and others within it had helped train him and shape him. He would not betray that, besides the Brigade's purpose was to exterminate evil, to remove it like the rotten fruit within the tree. So that it did not harm the rest of the crop, or worse, spread the rot further. That meant that Valen had never been short of fights before. It was simply that the sensation he felt from Sero, the aura that radiated off the man like body heat, made him excited for the prospect of a fight again.

When he spoke Sero responded, requesting proof. He was to tell Sero something to prove that it was Valen. The swordsman of fire considered the question for a moment. Anything he said would have to be something only a few, a very few for that, individuals would know about. There weren’t many things like that. His life was pretty much an open book. He could try to quote something from the training trip to the island. However that seemed too easy and frankly news of what occurred there could have spread. He needed something deeper, he needed to jostle a memory in the man to prove that it was indeed him. What had occurred then between only Valen and Sero?

It came to him in a flash and a small smirk tugged at the edge of his mouth as he spoke. A simple question, but one that would draw Sero back to the moment when he had recruited Valen. When the swordsman had signed the contract that made him part of the Nightmare Brigade a seal on the man’s body had reacted and the blue haired man had said something that Valen still to this day did not know the meaning. However it had only been the two of them in that room and Sero was not the talkative type. “Tell me Sero, does Kokuo still like me?” He would ask simply, the question hopefully being ample evidence of his identity.

[2]

Stats:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Matatabi during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Post by Sero Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:29 am

Sero would watch quietly as the shadows danced around him. Cold blue eyes taking the young man in. He appeared to be Valen in every aspect. His mannerism and posture...his appearance and eyes. All of it was designed to look exactly as Valen did. Still in the moment of silence the door would creak closed behind him. Locking him in the dimly lit room and casting even more shadows with the outside light cut off. With the outside realm removed from this sinister place. Those cold blue eyes would not waver or blink as they considered him. If Sero thought him to be anything short of Valen himself he would decimate him where he stood. To be consumed into the darkness without a drop of blood left behind. Those shadows seemed to stretch into tails as they would slowly shift back and forth. Waiting like a predator to pounce on prey.

However his eyes would narrow at that smirk. Such confidence in his presence was unusual for most....though expected of Valen. As it was of a few others. Though most would quiver and shake before him...or even flee at the sensation of his presence. However there would be a hint of surprise at the mention of his inner beast. He had only learned the name of it after meeting Nozomi. The bijuu within him and the one who's tails wagged in the shadows. There were very few who knew he had that power and fewer still who knew its name. Still it was a battle he did not see an end to any time soon. A bijuu was strong and despite his oppressive inner resolve...he had not mastered it yet. Still it was enough that his eyebrows would shift upwards. Such a claim was a bold one and aside from those who had kidnapped him and sealed it within him....Gin and Valen no others knew of it fully.

Still he would emerge from the shadows with his white billowing cloak. Clean as freshly fallen snow despite the blood he smelled of. His gaze no longer suspicious since only Valen had been there for that conversation. There were mind reading techniques of course but he doubted anyone would choose Valen to get close to him. Perhaps being one of the most dangerous men in the village had left him paranoid. Still he would not appear to be armed. Not even with the sword the young man likely sought out. It held great value but Sero had no use for a sword. Even if it did boost his power over fire. Still he would stand there with pale hands folded one on top of the other before Valen. Unchanged from how he had been before. That ever cold presence never fading. He would speak again in that emotionless monotone.

"I see. If you have returned and feel whole once more...likely you will need your things in order to return to service. However they are not kept here as at least one piece of it is far too valuable to be simply kept in the armory. I have hidden them away together elsewhere. Shall we go and collect them?"

Stats

Link to Character Updates: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3950-jaakuna-sero
    Link to Known Techniques:https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t3955-jaakuna-sero-updates#30261
    Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:30 am

After he spoke his question, his proof of who he was. Sero would emerge from the darkness dominating the room. He wore a cloak as white as snow and his eyes were no longer wary of the man kneeling before him. His hands would be folded, one over the other and he would speak. Apparently Sero had his equipment stored away somewhere safe. He would describe one piece as far too valuable to be simply kept in an armory and the fire swordsman nodded in understanding. The sword he had won from Okane’s raffle had been by far the most powerful and valuable item he had. It gave him an incredible edge when combined with his own natural capabilities and he was a weapon he sorely wanted returned.

Still, if Sero had claimed it as his own Valen would have had no real right to refute the man. He had been gone for a long time after all. The dark haired man would nod in affirmation of the question. Yes, yes he most definitely wanted to go and get his equipment. “I would appreciate that, my lord.” He would say simply. A Jounin Valen might be, but he had no way to know yet what Sero’s rank might be. Not only that but the man was his commanding officer in the Nightmare Brigade no matter what their ranks in the village were. He would stand once more, rising from his kneeling position, they were to go elsewhere after all. He would follow Sero to wherever that might be.

Still, there were a few questions he needed answered. “If I may Sero. There are some questions I would ask. I reported to you directly from my escape from the Icy Prison my mistress encased me in to preserve my life until whatever occurred to me could be stopped. With that said, I’m unaware of the passage of time. How long have I frozen?” He would ask, his tone curious. The aura surrounding Sero would continue its assault upon Valen’s senses, his own body slowly becoming accustomed to it. The hairs on his neck settled, and he carefully held the urge to fight the predator he always felt around Sero in check. He wondered if there was a way to create a counterbalance to the aura. A form of defense against its effects. He would have to consider it deeply, and possibly work on it through some trial and error.

[3]

Stats:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:18 pm

Sero would turn and the door would seem to open on its own once more. The green flame hovering above the map dropping suddenly to engulf it in flame. He would not leave secrets and intelligence out to be found. The paper would burn to ash in moments leaving only a blackened spot on the top of the table. Something that could be wiped away if he cared to do so. However he would seem to glide forward as bare feet carried him along. After all nothing physical could damage him so why bother with footwear designed to protect the feet from sharp objects? He would glide at a calm speed of C rank as they seemed to race through the streets. Though neither would be pushing themselves. For the two of them running at high speeds was a light jog. Still he would listen to his comrade as he asked about how long had passed. Black and blue eyes shifting to glance at him before back up at the sky. Sero was perhaps not the best to ask about the passage of time as it meant little to him. He cared not for the day or month...nor the year since he no longer aged.

"If I had to gander a guess I would say likely a couple of years. Time moves along despite what I do so I often do not pay it any mind. I am sure others would have more specific details. Still it has been mostly peaceful during this time between the nations. Allowing me to keep my attention on the villages issues and politics."

Their run would eventually bring them to the Kaguya clan district and the bone palace. One of the most impressive buildings in Kirigakure. Its massive structure towering above the clan district with its pale ivory glistening on the outside. However the grounds had not been tended to in years. Leaves scattered across a tall lawn with thorns throughout the roses in the garden out front. The entire place was abandoned for so long. The elders of the clan fleeing when Sero took power over the clan who had attempted to kill him before he was even born and again at his birth. Who had labeled him as Jaakuna 'abomination'. They were wise to flee with what riches they could claim. He did hold a grudge against them after all. But no one wished to be near where a creature like Sero would dwell often so no staff had been hired. Still there was where Sero and Sero alone resided. His right hand would raise to point to the open doorway at the front.

"Within those walls I have hidden your things. Let us venture within and reclaim what is yours Valen. Perhaps you will feel whole again with a sword in your hands."

Stats

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:33 am

He would follow Sero, matching his speed and moving through the village toward the clan districts. That would mean he was taking him to the Kaguya Compound then. It made sense, as a clan compound it would have a vault and that meant it would be a safe place to store his equipment. When he asked about the passage of time since he had been frozen he missed a step, but only one. A shocked silence would fall as he considered the implication. He had been frozen for years, and he was quite frankly surprised by that notion. Still, he would have to accept it and move on. He looked that concept in the metaphorical face, and did. It happened, nothing he could do about it now. He could let it bother him, or simply move on and get to work.

“It would seem I have missed a great deal of work..I’ll have to put in more effort to make up for my absence.” He would say simply. Eventually they would reach the compound of the Kaguya, as Valen had suspected. The palace was huge, gleaming like white marble and made of bone. The grounds however had not seemed to have been looked after in quite some time. Cobwebs could be seen in windows that appeared cracked and darkened from dirt and dust. The stonework of the ground was cracked in places and weeds had begun to spring up through the crack. The palace itself though was gleaming white and stunning. As if the material made of the bloodline resisted the effect of being around Sero.

Or perhaps he simply had not spent enough time there to effect it yet.

Regardless, the man would inform him that his things were hidden within. This confirmed Valen’s suspicion and when prompted for them to enter so that he could reclaim his equipment he nodded his head eagerly. “Once I have obtained my things, I would like to go to a training ground, or at least somewhere secluded somewhat. I’ll need to work up I’m sure.” He would say, his eagerness to get to work clearly visible within his eyes. If things around the village were quiet as Sero said. Perhaps Valen should request permission to travel so that he could work to bring criminals to justice in other places of Kishin. That was for later though, for now he would follow Sero into the Palace of the Kaguya should he lead him within.

[4]

Stats:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:45 am

Sero would listen to the man a moment as he spoke of training. Cold blue eyes taking him in. There was always work to be done. Men who tormented others based on their own greed infused souls. Men meant to bleed and die. To feed the worms the corpses of criminals was the duty of the Nightmare brigade and despite some of its members falling to coma they did it well. Still Sero would observe him a moment before continuing to walk through the overgrown garden leading to the front door. Speaking over his shoulder as he did to Valen.

"There is no need to go elsewhere. This is likely the most durable place in all of Kirigakure and my personal abode. As you can see few venture here and I too am rarely here as there is much work to be done and I do not require sleep. The only people you will find here seek me out and I do not tolerate the weak long. Come. Let us collect your things first."

The tone was as monotone as ever yet Sero seemed to glide along. A path through the growth splitting and wilting in front of him as if dying from his sheer passage and presence. Soon they would cross the threshold and leave the abandoned garden outside. A rotted path leading straight to them. However Sero did not care much for hiding his presence. If others sought him out they should find him. Either to serve him or to challenge him. The latter would likely end in death. However Sero had long since abandoned sparring since if he had to fight at his level...either himself or his opponent would likely die. His training had shifted to live combat exercises in the field. Leaving a wake of exsanguinated bodies in his path. Still Valen and Sero would casually walk down the long hall of ivory. The ceilings towering above and the hall wide enough to stand twenty men shoulder to shoulder. Any sounds of their passage echoed along ahead of them.

Above the two men as they walked further into the darkness chandeliers of antlers and horns would alight with green fire and cast a dim glow in their path. Lighting only as they approached as if in response to Sero being home. The dim green glow enough to make everything out but casting long shadows that seemed to dance. Either to the flickering flames or due to Sero's passage it was unclear. However they would soon reach a solid bone wall. To which Sero would touch it with his hand. A length of bone would emerge like a coffin with all of Valens things stacked neatly within...including the sword that very few others could match. A weapon of national treasure level. Yet Sero paid it no more mind than the cloak and armor. He admired its power but held no greed for objects of man. His sin was wrath. Still he would speak as he let his eyes venture back the way they came.

"You're things are here Valen. May they serve you well once more. What kind of training did you have in mind?"

Stats

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:03 am

The black haired man would follow the blue to the door as he spoke, informing him that going anywhere else for him to train was unnecessary. As the location they were in was durable enough to withstand the onslaught and abandoned enough to not risk injuring others. Those who might come to the location would on their own be strong enough to not be killed by any training. The red eyed man would nod in acknowledgement accepting the idea readily.

As they moved the growth along the pathway between Sero and their destination would seem to shy away and wither to death at his mere presence. His aura working to sap the life from the plant life as he moved along. Valen considered what he would do for training. Mostly just warm up exercises and testing if his body was still at 100% after being frozen. Properly done the freezing probably would have almost frozen him in an exact instant in time. He had not lost any muscle mass and Sayuri was no fool. Particularly when it came to ice. He doubted he had lost a step, however he had also had a sickness ravaging through him when she had frozen him. And it might have taken a different toll besides his life. He would need to test himself before going into the field. When fighting blade to blade the slightest mistake could often mean a razors edge across your throat.

As they moved through the corridors green fire lights would kindle to life as they passed, their presence reacting to Sero’s familiar chakra. Idly Valen actually wondered if the lights weren’t on all of the time and the aura around Sero simply muted their appearance to appearing dark until they were close enough. It was an interesting thought, but not important for the moment. After some time they would reach a solid wall of bone and the Monster of Kirigakure would reach out a hand and touch the wall. A coffin sized length of bone would emerge from the wall. Like a macabre safety deposit box in a bank. Within it, was his equipment. His cloak, gloves, and sword. His eyes fell to the exquisite weapon he had won by sheer random chance. The sheath was black with red, tri-sectioned circles along its length with a golden end cap. The hilt emerging from it had an octofoil tsuba and black silk wrapped around the hilt with another gold end cap. Picking the sheathed weapon up he would place a single hand upon the hilt and draw the weapon. The blade within was black as midnight with a purple and red reverse wave hardening line. As his hand touched the hilt, embers of orange fire would spark around him, rising in a spiraling pattern, subtle yet telling. He tied the sheathe to his waist and it felt as if the comforting weight of an old friend had returned. He took the cloak out and donned it. The crimson lined cloak protecting and augmenting him at the same time. The enchant coursing through its ebonweave threads was still as strong as ever. A defensive enchant that would throw back metallic projectiles and even defend against strokes from metal made melee weapons. The hood was drawn back and the mask that went with it was within it’s pocket, ready to be donned when he needed to hide his identity.

The gloves he pulled on next, made of the same ebonweave material as the cloak and protecting and augmenting his hands as well. He felt the strength they augmented his hands with and sighed in contentment. Kara had done good work on everything. He still needed to pay her for the gloves and the cloak. However given the agreed upon payment had been something a bit..physical..it would obviously have to wait for the moment. He remembered that day in the Hot Spring on the Heavenly Emporium. How she had enticed him and teased him, and then when he had expected to ‘pay’ first she had told him to be patient, that she would accept payment after delivery. He regretted that, it would have been fun. Still, for the moment, with his armament restored he was whole again. He looked back to Sero, a vicious smirk on his features. “Just some light warm ups to see how my body reacts. I reported to you immediately after melting myself out of the ice so I haven’t done any real ‘quality checks’ yet to ensure I haven’t lost a step. I don’t think I have, but the unsure and the dead have an uncomfortable amount in common. After warming up I think I’ll report to whichever Princess is available and see about applying for a travel permit. If you’ve been having a mostly peaceful time here than I’d prefer to move about and handle the criminal and corrupt wherever I can find them.” He would finish, making a full plan and nodding to himself. Yeah, that was solid, he could travel and hunt down those who needed hunting. The murderers, thieves, and rapists of the world wouldn’t have any safe places if he had his way.

“What of Blitz? Has he progressed since my entombment?” He would ask of the blue haired man. Blitz was one of the two other genin besides Valen that had gone to the Island with Sero. The third, Takano had never seemed to recover from his unblinking stasis the last he had seen of him. Blitz however he had started to train at the Heavenly Emporium when Valen had been promoted to Special Jounin. He had been frozen shortly after his full Jounin promotion and the genin that had remained a genin since Valen was, had barely progressed at all. Valen was not going to be pleased if he discovered that Blitz had continued to be lax since he had been frozen. Two years was plenty of time to get stronger. Sero at least had the problem that he was untrusted by one of the Princesses and Sayuri was careful to avoid seeming favoritism when it came to this matter. Blitz so far as he knew, had no such issue.

[5]

Valen regains the following equipment

Stuff:

Stats:

Azrael
    Azrael

Post by Azrael Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:50 pm

Azrael would slowly approach the Kayuga clan district having finally sensed his master's familiar chakra once more, he was with an individual that Azrael did not recognize the chakra of yet held some familiarities. Chakra that he had sense ever so faintly when he awoke frozen in ice, he had ended up subconsciously following that chakra trail back to the village. Though he had gotten slightly distracted with the small havoc he caused walking down the street, as well as running into that man who did not seem scared of him, though the ghost had tossed that up to the man having his own dark side within him. Azrael left the man without a word when he sensed Sero's chakra, he did not care about whether the man would follow him or not his only goal now was to return to his master's side.

Azrael's red eyes glowing beneath his pure white hair and wicked grin rebreather mask as he walked the path of death in the garden that he knew only his master could cause. Dressed in his typical all black attire of boots, pants, shirt and jacket with his Kirigakure hitai-ate on his belt, however he would not have his Chakra ghosts out but rather utilizing his Ghost Sense in case of danger. Azrael did not fear Sero hurting him, but there was an unknown presence with him, and Azrael was not the type to take chances. Azrael would step through the open doorway of the empty and abandoned manor. The darkness of the building would not bother Azrael, he lived for the darkness, his eyes need not observe the area for they were only looking for his master. Following the path of the large hall until his eyes would finally meet with the sight of Sero and the unknown man. "Master Sero, This One has returned. This One apologizes for our absence, how may this one serve you?" Azrael though not truly acknowledge the other man with words would simply stare at the other man with his master as he awaited orders, his only hope was that Sero had not already replaced him with this man. 'We haven't been gone that long have we?' he would think to himself as his head slowly tilted to the side as he watched the other man and Sero.

Analyzing Valen {1/4}

Character Name: Azrael, the Angel of Strife
    Clan: Akayurei {Clan Leader}
    Village: Kirigakure
    Renown: 1250
    Skills: Genjutsu | Sensory | Ijutsu | Fuuinjutsu
    Stats:
    Strength: D
    Constitution: D
    Stamina: B+
    Speed: D
    Coordination: C
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: B
    Burittsu
    Burittsu
    Mizukage
    Mizukage
    Catnapper

Village : Kirigakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu, Kenjutsu, Hyoton, Sensory, & Summoning
    Class: S
    Ryo: 62,000

Post by Burittsu Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:45 am

Following the man down the path into the district he slowly let the gap expand between the both of them as he began to see his surroundings change once more he was starting to wonder if letting him around the village. But to where he was going at the very moment only concerned him he would not rest only following this man in his mind he had hoped to find the one that he seeked out so this could all be answered. As time flowed and he continued to watch this man from a distance he realized people kept their distance from him and the other menace appeared on this day but one who was unknown to most. Regardless of any questions he had he could simply ask or watch over the body hoping to learn anything from watching but in time he would learn all that's needed. Coming to a stop he was quite surprised to see the reaction of the one he followed as he hastened away quickly before he saw for himself the destination that he was headed to the manor of the demon. Once again it seemed the green flame called out to him as he gave out a low pitch murmur and kept his thoughts to himself as who would let someone like this roam the streets to terrorize civilians. Making his way into darkness he began to hold the hand band for a little that rested on around his neck thinking of the woman and her true plans for such a group of shinobi. Each with their own problems in this world and each with their own goals. Maybe such a group of shinobi were nothing but sacrifices to the lamb or maybe it was a chance for such complicated people to learn how to become a threat to this world. As the sight of the one he followed was starting to fade away he simply stopped caring knowing where he was at this all started to make sense to him.

Coming around the corner he watched as now there were three individuals in the room before him standing one looked familiar but it had been time since he last saw himself. Last he saw of this sword user was the end of their training long ago, most likely not even remembering a shinobi like him. It had been some time since they were in communication. The other one was the demon as always by simply looking at him the remembrance of the green flame danced in his head as he looked around the manor interior once more taking it in. Placing only one foot in the room he bowed his head slightly to the man before raising his head he kept his distance not wanting to envelop himself in their conversation. Minding his business he kept one eye on the party in front of him wondering what did he drag himself into following the one who seeked out this man. While watching the other stand proudly next to Sero as the other began to talk, Blitz could only watch himself and wait for something to happen, removing his foot from the inside of the room he stood in the hallway. From the back of his mind he could only hear the slight whispers from within as he was starting to feel the thoughts of the other.

“That one I remember from the island.. It's been some time, are you sure this is how you want him to remember you?”

Blitz could only shrug to himself as he remained in the hallway he doubted they would even have anything to talk about the years having grown on him messing up his mindset having another in his mind. One that can see his ideals, pain and future goals with only one thing in mind he had to cooperate with such a being to even grow stronger his willpower had to be stronger than that of this inner spawn he ended up producing. Keeping to himself until he was fully capable was a necessity gazing around the manor he could only recall the last time he entered the room. The battle that happened only proved that he was weak enough to call out for help from a source that could have buried him deep in his own mind, locking him out anytime he pleased. Stepping off to the side as he remained in the manor just within the shadows of the hallway he stood by himself with his arms by his side as he gazed upon the floor in the growing darkness as his eyes adjusted from the outside. Nothing to say in response he simply let himself relax in the darkness.

“....”

Life Mocks Us In The End..
    [Kenjutsu] - [Ninjutsu] - [Hyoton] - [Sensory] - [Summoning]
    [D-Rank: 0] - [C-Rank: 1] - [B-Rank: 4] - [A-Rank: 0] - [S-Rank: 0]
    Strength: B
    Constitution: B ~ A
    Stamina: A+
    Speed: B ~ A
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: D
    Perception: A
    :: Saiken
    :: Seven Swords
    :: Leggings is S Rank granting +1 Tier to speed
    :: Chestplate is S Rank granting +1 Tier to Con
    Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:06 pm

Sero would watch in silence as he collected and donned his things. The flames near him were one of the few things he was vulnerable towards and yet he did not shy from the sparks. Cold blue eyes watched the swordsman made whole once more before listening to him continue to speak of his plans. He needed to test his abilities to see if he was still as capable as he was before the plague. Eyes would watch as he drew the blade that had donned Seros hip for a short time before joining the other items in storage. Its origins were unknown to Sero but it had been crafted as if to specifically match Valen. Which meant either he had sought out an artifact that suited him or he had met a master crafter. However Sero knew little of its worth as he knew little of money handling. He kept the books with an accountant who dared not cross him for both clans. However outside of that he had no use for it. He sustained himself on water or blood and had no need for shelter or sleep. Still the concept of travel raised an eye brow. Speaking in return.

"If you feel your talents are wasted here I will hold the line. You should feel free to dispense justice where you wish. However do keep in mind you are a member of the nightmare brigade. Do not falter in what is justice and what is simply unwarranted cruelty. While you are abroad act as if you still answer to me."

His eyes would shift passed him as he asked about Blitz. There was little time to answer as a familiar presence entered his small sensory range. It was a tingle of fear but one that spread like his own. Instead of clashing however they seemed to mold and embrace. As they once had in a cave where they had been little more than upstarts to a system that feared them. Back when Criminals did not know what wrath was coming. Three of them had haunted a cave near the lands no one was allowed to wander for threat of madness. Today was full of surprises it would seem. Azrael would round the corner shortly after as Sero lifted his hand. The vault closing as it was no long needed. Yet on the edge of his fear sensory he felt another too. This flavor was more of an anxiety than fear but it was familiar. Still Sero would let his hands fall to his sides as he did not feel threatened. If Valen had proven himself it wasn't unlikely he wasn't the only one to awaken...and Azrael would be difficult to mimic.

"Azrael....it has been many years since you have appeared before me. If it is a task you seek we shall soon find one. For now I would introduce you to Valen. Another one who serves Sayuri and I. Valen, this is one who is second only to Sayuri when it comes to loyalty to me. The second to pledge themselves to me. As such he is as you may have guessed my second. Be wary of challenging him however unless you would have your mind twisted into something horrific. As for your question Valen as to has Blitz improved...it appears he too has come. You should warm up with him and test that question for yourself. He is around the corner listening after all."

Stats

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:09 am

Valen would nod in understanding of Sero’s words. Valen had a solid grasp of the concept of justice now. He still didn’t know or understand much of Honor as his conversation with the Samurai known as Kiyoko had never really got started. He’d had too much trouble trying to figure out what to say or how and she had chosen to leave. She had invited him to visit Iron one day if he wished though. Only to do so when he was more prepared to have an actual conversation. He might go by there if he was able to secure travel rights. As he asked of Blitz Sero would lift a hand and the vault would close. As the shifting and grating of the bone on bone resounded through the corridor Valen’s sensitive ears would pick up another sound.

The footfalls of someone coming, no, two people. He turned to see one coming down the hallway toward them. As he did Sero would turn as well and greet the man by name. ‘Azrael’ it would seem. Valen would recognize the man who had been in the other prison of Ice. The one he had seen frozen the first time Sayuri had shown him around the castle that he would be staying in with her for a time. The one that had been next to him in imprisonment, kept alive and sustained while their sicknesses ravaged and died within them. It occurred to Valen that his own sickness had not actually lasted that long. He was cognisant of that, and that he had spent a great deal of time recovering from the effects of it and building his strength to break out. Even when he had regained his strength he had not been able to break out without his fire.

Had Azrael been better for years? But unable to escape at all because he lacked the proper talents? Had he been imprisoned, unable to ask for help or aid, frozen in cold and darkness for so long, with the innate knowledge that he was hale again? But unable to make that known to the world? It was possible, had Valen accidentally helped him along when he had broken free? According to Sero’s reaction to the presence it was a good thing the man was free. So he did not wonder if he had done wrong if so. The man did not truly seem to acknowledge Azrael, and regarded themselves as ‘This One’ and asked how he could serve. Valen waited for introductions to be made. Sero introduced the man, speaking of him as second only to Sayuri in terms of loyalty to Sero. Then he would speak of Blitz, informing him that he was hiding around the corner.

That would be the second individual he had heard then. He would leave that alone for the moment, if Blitz was hiding then either he was trying to figure out what to say. Or Sero’s presence was causing him problems. Azrael however was new to Valen. Not to mention here in front of him. “Azrael, you were imprisoned in ice as well. Did my efforts to escape allow you to do so as well then? If so, then good, and welcome back to the world. I hope we can punish the cruel and unjust together.” He would say, giving the man a greeting before turning his red eyes down the dim corridor. “I certainly hope you’ve gotten stronger since the last we saw each other Blitz. If not, given that it’s been about two years..I’ll be sorely disappointed in you. Come out of hiding, let me get a look at you.” He would say as he sheathed Hai no Ha before turning to Sero. “My lord, if I may make a request. My weapon would render any of Blitz’s equipment useless. Myself merely asking for a blade of bone would most probably result in the same. May I then request of you two weapons so that Blitz and I might warm up without worry of such a thing happening?” He would ask, his tone polite, yet neutral.

[6]

Stats:

Azrael
    Azrael

Post by Azrael Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:13 am

Having sensed the man from earlier follow him into the manor, Azrael would know Blitz stayed hidden though not draw attention to the matter. If he was a spy, he would have Sero to deal with, though based on what he had seen of the man's memories he knew Sero and his power. As Sero acknowledged Azrael stating it had been many years his heart would drop slightly, though as Sero spoke praise of him and his loyalty to the unknown man addressed as Valen, Azrael's heart nearly leapt from his chest. His master had not forgotten him, and still holds respect for his abilities, going so far as to warn the one he called Valen. As Sero would bring mention to Blitz, Azrael would begin moving to his place at his master's side, both out of the way of potential combat and to closer to his master. "You honor This One with your kind words, Master Sero." He would turn to Valen as he spoke to him, at first he would simply stare at the man, unsure if he wanted to speak to him. Though considering his master seemed to know the man, Azrael would respond in his typical whisper.

"This One was protected from death by the Deva's power. This One knows not how we awoken, only that we followed a chakra trail to the village. This One is now certain that trail was you, so This One thanks you, Valen. This One will gladly punish those our Master commands with you. This One would have arrived sooner, however we became distracted," Azrael stated motioning towards where Blitz was, "the strange man was not scared by This One. This One was curious. He had been blessed by Deva and yourself Master so This One did not hurt him. Though it seems he has now followed This One." Standing next to Sero Azrael would listen as Valen requested two swords from his Master, 'so he is a physical kind of fighter, we must keep our eyes on him. He could prove dangerous to us.' He would think to himself as he watched the room and those within it.

{Analyzing Valen: 2/4}
    {Analyzing Blitz: 1/4}

Stats:
    Burittsu
    Burittsu
    Mizukage
    Mizukage
    Catnapper

Character File

Post by Burittsu Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:44 am

Blitz could hear them all in the room so comfortable with each other just naturally speaking like nothing changed. It didn't matter to the man he knew this time these people were wanting to see results with their own eyes even if he did decline he would only be pestered later most likely to prove himself once more. Scratching the back of his head he only had one real option and that was to go out there and entertain these people till he was done nothing else mattered to the shinobi at the point. Gazing around the hallway once more the darkness felt comfortable as did being alone but like always he had a duty to provide not for the people in the room but for the woman who continued to save his life. Once more lifting the headband in front of him he could only remember their first time meeting and her handing this down to him such a burden to carry for someone who's too weak to do something in this world. As he continued to glance at it he could only hear their voices talking to him as he remained in the shadows a little fond memory of him laying in the bloodied ground with the enemy jutsu impaled in his body. Surely he was ready to die that day. Chuckling to himself he was saved by the lot and especially the woman who blessed him and apparently everyone she comes into contact with couldn’t have made it far without her. It seemed he didn’t have a choice; he had nothing to prove to them as always he just needed to be strong enough to serve her till it was his time to die. Letting go of the headband he could only feel the impact of his choices that led him to this exact moment if he had let the guy go on his own could he have avoided this situation. Giving it only a moment of thought he waited till everyone finished talking as the silence took over the building and he remained motionless for what felt like minutes. Coming around the corner Burittsu appeared to the three once more, his blue and white kimono making it easier for him to stand out only for him to walk into the room and come to a stop half way gazing at the three before before glancing around the building once more taking it all in.

“Let’s get this over with shall we.. I doubt that I can meet any expectations you all have..”

Burittsu removed the blade upon his waist placing it down against the doorway. It was new to him but he considered himself lucky to have even won anything in this world minding his business he made his way across the room. Increasing the distance between himself and his opponent he only had one goal in mind and that was to try until he lost nothing else was asked of him. Just as the fire swordsmen asked for another weapon it was no doubt this was a waste of time at the end of Blitz if the other had really gained so much what could have been seen from now to then. Taking a deep breath he could only clear his mind from his own intrusive thoughts the swordsman came back home all he could after given the time they had been apart was answer his call to fight. Placing his hands at his sides he could only feel the grip that the other had on him, no words just the feeling of this demon on his back watching his every move it did catch his attention but what else could be waiting for him. He was appreciating the memories and the fact that they simply asked about himself forming no hand signs he placed both palms out in the open for all to see. Using the air around him and some sweat from his palm it was easy enough for him to manifest two swords of ice in his palms. The feeling of forming his own weapons just to train was amusing enough. Hopefully their durability would prove to be affected in combat especially against such a monster who fawned over his greatest weakness. Fire.

“You know what's funny.. There was a time where I missed your company.. Let’s see how far you’ve jumped out of my reach.”

Burittsu now with two ice blades upon his hands got into his stance and waited for his opponent to pull out his own weapons or as he requested earlier the weapons he called out to obtain. Blitz was okay with the damage he was going to receive during this battle or training whichever the latter seemed to enjoy the most with the demon and the other in the back to watch he doubted this battle would go to the death but that didn’t mean each party couldn’t properly damage one another. If he could even do such a thing unlike the others he had his own battles to fight growing stronger was only an outcome of him surviving from this parasite but yet again he could only try his best before this shinobi. Taking one deep breath as he gathered his thoughts allowed him to have a clearer mind in a sense pushing down the thoughts of the other but also keeping himself at a bay. Exhaling a cloud of cold air he could only wait as it was now the time to fight.

“Let’s get this over with hopefully two years in a coma.. Won’t disappoint the great flame in your chest..”

Spoiler:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:37 pm

Sero would quietly observe as each of them would talk to each other in turn. Cold blue eyes taking them in as it shifted between each of them. The four knights that served Sayuri. Four members of the Nightmare brigade and four pillars of power in the village. Each of them bringing something unique to the table in their own right. Though it seemed as if Burritsu or Blitz are he preferred lacked confidence despite his standing. Even now it was only due to Valen and himself being present that the cold in this chamber did not spread. Though the hallway he had stood in prior to would begin to frost over. Valen and himself were both kenjutsu specialists while Sero and Azrael were not. Almost like the Yin and Yang of their group. Fire like summer and ice like winter. Azrael was like autumn that came with the terror in the lengthening dark hours and the dying leaves. Sero was like the spring with a warm breeze around him and a body of living water. Still Valen would ask him for a blade even as Blitz created two from his ice chakra. Sero would shift his hand out as a blade would emerge from his arm like out of a pool of water. The dripping bone sword with a slightly blunted edge. It would cut but no more than for B rank damage.

"Very well. We will stand back and let you two let off some steam. Refrain from killing each other however in my hall. We are after all very similar to the fictional characters, the four horseman. Serving our queen side by side as symbols of the apocalypse to our enemies. Azrael I would borrow you for a moment. Over here out of their battle."

Sero would turn and shift to walk passed Blitz. Expecting Azrael to follow behind him to the chilled hallway behind him where he had emerged from. The cold slowly fading away with Sero here now. However still prevalent as their breath would mist as they spoke. The chamber they were in was reinforced kaguya bone so it was unlikely they could damage much inside the vault. Even the clan techniques would be safely locked away. Still he would turn to Azrael as blue eyes sought out red. Speaking to him plainly as he did not care if the others heard. Despite their focus on their own fight.

"Before we lived in a cave and sought only to survive. Now I would have you reside here at the palace of bones with me. In the time you have been gone my strength has grown and I became the head of both the Kaguya and the Hozuki. Even now the Nightmare brigade that began with the three of us has become the most powerful military faction in the village. Dozens under my command. I will need your wisdom to lead them...but there is more. A bijuu is locked within me....I would like for you to meet them. Their name is Kukuo and in time I will need to force their allegiance. Even if for now it only lends me its power."

Stats

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:03 am

Valen would tilt his head to the side at the term ‘deva’. He considered the context of the word, running through the various mental trails. The only one that made sense to go by such a name would be Sayuri herself. So what then did the work mean? Or was it a name of some sort? A title? Valen had not ever heard the word before so he simply did not know. Still, the masked man would seem amicable enough and be excited to punish the unjust with him. He would also comment on Blitz, who had also been chosen by Sayuri as a personal knight.

Speaking of the devil and he shall appear of course. Blitz chose that moment to come around the corner from his hiding place and stride up to them. He removed the blade from his waist and leaned it against the doorway and Valen did the same with Hai no Ha, leaning it against the wall that had risen out. There was only one way in or out of this corridor so he was not concerned about the idea of someone stealing the priceless weapon when he was not looking. His opponent would turn and move away, giving some distance between them. Something decidedly in Valen’s favor but Blitz could not know that. When he stopped he turned and formed two blades of ice in his hands. Valen assumed at first that he intended to give Valen one of them in place of Sero doing so however the blue haired genin made no effort to do so.

That caused Valen to narrow his eyes in curiosity, had Blitz picked up a dual sword style while Valen was entombed? Possible, it had been two years after all. The self deprecating words the young man had used, stating that he doubted he could match the expectations of them also caused him to question things. The only thing Valen had wanted to see was if the other swordsman had improved. He was not expecting him to be at the level of a kage or anything. Simply to have continued his efforts. That was not much of an expectation all things considered. After all Valen had been the boy on as a sensei because his progress had been slow. So he simply wished to see what progress, if any had been made. If not than Valen would be disappointed yes, and he would also work to ensure Blitz made steady progress from then on.

Regardless, it would seem Blitz did not want to do this, that he was simply doing so for Valen’s benefit and the dark haired man tilted his head to the side. “You were much more interested in fighting the last time I saw you Blitz. Now however you seem hesitant, is something wrong?” He would ask, taking the sword offered by Sero and nodding his head toward the man in thanks. His concern and most of his attention would be on the other swordsman. Sero had no reason to fear killing here. Valen would never kill another Kirigakure shinobi without cause and he had none in regards to Blitz. Sero would move to walk down the hallway, past Blitz and into the hallway to give them room. Valen would wait patiently for Azrael to follow their commander. Valen would move forward, holding the pale sword in hand. It was blunted to be sure but it looked like his weapon, even had a similar weight.

Once they had left the room Valen would nod his head toward Blitz. “I must admit, I had figured you would want to fight. If this however is not something you wish to do we can instead simply practice techniques on each other. Would that be more to your liking?” He would ask his red eyes curious. If it was then it did not bother Valen, as he had stated he had thought Blitz more wanting of a fight. But it seemed things had changed with time. Or that perhaps He simply was not in the mood.

[7]

Stats:

Azrael
    Azrael

Post by Azrael Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:06 am

Azrael watched as Blitz would emerge from behind where he had been hiding at, brandishing two ice swords. Though Azrael preferred the company of the one inside the man's mind to Blitz, as Burritsu seemed much more fun, he would be interested in watching what the two man could do. His eyes would flick back to the man his Master address as Valen, as Sero handed the man a sword made of his bone. His eye darting back to blitz and his ice swords, 'there is no way those could withstand the bone of our master' he would think to himself as he looked back and forth between the two men.

Azrael would almost not hear Sero words, as the thought of seeing blood intrigued him, though feeling his master's chakra move away from him. Azrael would let out a soft whisper of a sigh as he moved to follow Sero, slightly disappointing that he was not going to be able to watch who drew first blood. As they made their way out of the room and back into the hallway which he had originally entered Azrael would look up to see the blue eyes of his master looking down towards him. Had Sero been any other man this would have been the greatest mistake of their life, however the trust that was forged years ago for one, would seem only recently for the other, it was still strong in both. Sero had nothing to fear from his loyal servant, as Azrael was a man of his word and he swore his life to Sero to watch the havoc unfold.

As Sero spoke of his rise in strength and power, becoming the head of two clans and leading the countries military power, Azrael could not help but feel slightly disappointed by the fact that he had missed his master's rise to power. His eyes would light up slightly at Sero's mention of needing his wisdom, tilting his head slightly to the side as he spoke of a Bijuu named Kukuo. He had not heard of such a creature, yet it did not surprise him that his master was the host of such a powerful creature. Based on what his master was asking for, Azrael would meet the beast within.

"This One is once again honored by you, Master Sero. While This One is more at home in the forest, we are happy to stay within your palace at your side. We would be pleased to assist you in attaining your desire, as we once swore to you we would. This One knows a few techniques that would allow us assess to your mind if you a willing, and a few that would if you are not." Azrael would smile behind his mask at his own words, his head now upright, as if he could force his master, how amusing. "How would you like This One to meet the Bijuu Kukuo?"

Stats:
    Burittsu
    Burittsu
    Mizukage
    Mizukage
    Catnapper

Character File

Post by Burittsu Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:33 am

Watching the man across from him be granted his own weapon from the demon it only made sense to keep the situation tense another one with immense power stood before him by looking at him with a glance he recalled him on the island and before that event. Only memories of the past flooded his mind; he could only try to do his best as always taking a step forward; the words of the flame made him eager. Time took a lot away from the male but he could only embrace it, the feeling of darkness only submerged him deeper and deeper till before he cracked out a little chuckle. He hesitated due to the fact he wondered if this would mean anything the return of this shinobi as for the other who brought a little bit of terror out from the villagers chasing them back into their homes out of fear. The thought of sharing a weapon with this man was brilliant but it never crossed his mind he only wanted to give out his best abilities or show at least what he had learned in the time of training. Small as it was, he took time to learn something from the world, even seeing the green flames once or twice enlightened him to seek more power. Jabbing one of the ice swords into the ground of the structure he could only give out a quick glance towards the male before once more making his stance the offer to simply trade back to back and practice didn’t seem to fill his need. If the other one wouldn’t hesitate, why should he allow this one to do the same? In a way it seemed he just needed to confirm that this male had returned back from wherever he was. Such time spent with everything suddenly going on in his life it felt as if time flew before he could truly understand it got to a point where he himself was enjoying the benefits of being a shinobi.

“All out spar. Nothing to stop us except death. Keep us sharp.”

The fight was never in question; it had seemed Blitz was only curious enough to wonder if this shinobi and the demon himself were starting to become a makeshift family. No one else seemed to be around from that day on the island as now there was a new addition to the team that came in. Glancing for a quick moment at the bone sword that was blessed to the warrior he understood where he was at when it came to progression it was only a matter of time before it was his turn to catch up to the rest. Silence began to fill the room as he could only think about the fire he allowed to flow when it came to fighting that did not fade or wither. His mindset on the other hand was being melded together with that of something wise but also one who did not need a line to be drawn to understand his position. People like the swordsman in front of him and the other two who escorted themselves out to the hallway left the room to indulge in their own party. It had been a while since he could actually think of anything but a place that belonged to him but with it all in his mind he realized that each of these shinobi had one thing in mind. All were devoted to one person from the two out in their own room to the two standing ready to face off against each other from his point of view she created herself a family of unlikely individuals. All with their own problems but somehow she was able to bring them in all with their own weakness and strength it almost had him wonder if she even thought these people were going to work well with each other.

She was the reason he had a new home one that became worth something to him in a way protecting it for her was the least he could at least do besides attempting to play nice with everyone inside. Treating every shinobi as if they were her family it did entertain his thought of how she made a family out of what she picked to be saved from the world. Forming one hand sign in the midst of his thinking the hand seal of the tiger was brought out as from next to him started to form from condensed water and chakra, an exact clone of himself he made up his mind from the start of this whole thing. These shinobi lived for her and had something to gain by listening and working together. It seemed maybe it only fit the bill if he himself started to give out more than a hundred percent. As the clone reached to grab the embedded ice sword by its hilt and pull it out the ground Blitz gave it a quick glance as it reminded him of someone. In moments really it would appear that Blitz had a brother on the field standing in the same form he had for his own one hand on his blade the other by his side nodding his head towards the other swordsman on the field. He made it clear with this that none shall hold back bending his knees and dashing towards his opponent at C-rank speed with the clone he summoned from earlier right next to him. Blitz was on the right as the clone ran on his left slowly closing the gap between them the clone itself would leap up into the air above the male as Blitz continued to push the assault from the bottom. Twisting his body sideways he aimed for the males right leg giving a horizontal slash in an attempt to weaken him from the jump as the clone came down simultaneously from above slashing down vertically aiming for the males left shoulder. The blades were weak but he intended to keep the male on his toes if that was even the case regardless he made his play he could only watch the outcome from his attempts and reply back.

“...”

Spoiler:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:38 am

Sero would glance back to the room. The doorway to the vault was open allowing for a fairly clear view of the two. To be honest Sero had never been one for close quarters combat. He could be of course as it wasn't a weakness he would long endure. However his talents would lay more with Ninjutsu. His ability for mass destruction leaving little in its wake. Blood, ashes and dead gazes filled his path to this point. A sword had not done this for him but his own brutal chakra. However he also did not discount those two in the room. Though they shared different talents than he did and a different focus they each were dangerous individuals in their own right. Each of them as much a potential threat to him as the man standing next to him now.

Still his unblinking gaze would return to study the red gaze of the man before him. Likely his sensory was picking up the dark chakra before him virtually absorbing life around it. The large skeleton looming over him and dripping like black ink. Five tails swishing back and forth...thin like wires. His life energy was a void. The absence of life that left one to believe Sero must not be human. Still he would speak to his second calmly while he watched the two. It seemed Blitz was going to live up to his name and rush his enemy with twice the capabilities as he would alone. Attempting to overwhelm one swordsman with two. If he had chosen to flank Valen he may have done better. Or used jutsu at a range while allowing a mixture of illusion clones and physical clones armed with two blades each. Perhaps it was just the way of the swordsman to take the more difficult route.

Sero's dull and calm voice would ring out as bright glowing blue on black eyes would meet red once more if Azrael looked directly at him. Sero allowing his barriers on his mind to fall as much as he could force his instincts back to resist the intrusion. Yet it would still feel like being welcomed into the gaping maw of a starving monster. "Use whatever technique you wish Azrael. However I suggest one that gives you more control. I will warn you this though. Do not attempt to set him free when I place myself in your care. If such a thing were to happen...Kokuō would kill you all. And likely a portion of this village. Our goal is to find his weakness. A way to control him or barter with him. So caution is not to be discarded."

Stats

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:00 pm

Valen would watch in silence as Blitz looked at him and replied that there was to be no holding back. That, was stupid, and Blitz should have known that. His fellow shinobi might have thought that without his main weapon that he was considerably weaker. That maybe he was nothing without the weapon that had given so much power and potency to his capabilities. Although come to think of it, Blitz did not know what the weapon could do, so that seemed somewhat unrealistic. Perhaps he thought with weapons that would not instantly break from contact with his opponents that he was Valen’s equal? The fire swordsman would have to disabuse him of the notion if that was the case.

Pecking order and all that good stuff.

The best way to do that would be to do so without even using his main element, or only doing so sparingly. Blitz, he knew had speed to his swings, but lacked in power and Blitz equally knew that Valen’s very being, was suffused with fire. It was what gave him strength and power. His techniques used it viciously and he could utilize the element better than even Sero he was confident in saying. Valen however had another element under his command too. Enough command of it in fact to be gifted with access to some of Kirigakure’s most prized techniques. As Blitz stabbed his sword in the ground and formed a tiger seal for the clone jutsu. Valen would form a one handed seal himself. The one that allowed him the use of the Hidden Mist Jutsu. Even as the clone picked its weapon up from the ground the thick mist would engulf the hall and even expel out into the hallway that Sero and Azrael were in.

This would limit visibility to zero. With that Valen would utilize silent killing, and begin moving quietly, and carefully. The corridor they had gone down was wide and long, giving credence to the idea that there were multiple storage vaults within that Sero could pull from. The corridor was twenty meters wide and fifty long and they were toward the end of it. Valen could track both the clone and Blitz from the most minute noises they made, even regular breathing but they would have no way to track him down. Carefully, after picking up his sword, he ghosted around them toward the exit. Once there he would step outside of it and lean his sword against the wall, intent on it being close. Then he would turn toward the opening, standing jutsu outside of it. He was not leaving, no, only making space. He had been too close to the end of the hallway before, his back not too far from a literal wall and that was not acceptable. When he was close to the entrance he would turn, silent as a wraith and form a single hand seal. The snake, and expel a gargantuan amount of water down the corridor with no other exit. So long as everything went according to plan, Blitz and his clone should still remain inside. A massive amount of water was expelled from his mouth and crashed down the corridor, filling it to capacity as it slammed through with B rank power and speed and taking anything it hit with it for the same force. The goal was to surprise and waterlog his opponent and slam them against the back wall, causing damage to them in the process.

As he expelled the water, the swordsman of fire, that was surprisingly at the moment not utilizing fire at all, began to form a rapid sequence of seals, and the water that was coming back toward the exit, as it was want to do for lack of another exit would find itself gathering and being held back. Unable to escape. Valen was using the latest technique he had been gifted, the Water Heaven’s Convergence technique. It allowed him to control water and a surprising amount of it too. Still, generally the amount generated by his first jutsu would be too much to control. However he did not need to control all of it. Only what was in the doorway, the rest would be held back as a result. Valen of course was doing this because he did not want to spread water throughout the rest of the palace. It was Sero’s home after all and Valen was not rude. It did however require him to act fast in order to ensure Blitz did not drown like a rat. Forming another series of seals, while maintaining the jutsu Valen would expel a vicious gout of brilliant fire down the corridor straight into the teeth of the water colliding wave that was settling. The flame would travel down the corridor, turning water to steam as it passed and when it reached Blitz, and if Blitz was in the corridor then it would most certainly do so given the width and length of the fire. It would cause minor burns by the time it reached it. Purely due to the water's effects on the technique as he traveled. It robbed the technique of almost all of its heat. The air would become saturated with thick, painful steam that escaped out of the door as Valen dropped the Water Heaven’s Convergence technique he had been using to hold it within the corridor.

That would hurt too, but none of it would kill Blitz, not even maim him. Only deliver pain and agony. Which was fine, that was something that one needed to feel at times. With the last technique used the corridor would be left in much the same state as it was. The water had evaporated in its entirety and the flame had had too much of its heat robbed of it to harm the Kaguya bone walls of the palace. If it could even do so in the first place. Valen would step into the corridor, removing the usage of silent killing and allowing his boots to sound upon the ground as he moved. His weapon at his side and ready to bring up immediately if Blitz still had any fight in him. “You still focus too much on attack without setting up enough of an advantage. You made the clone which was good, but beyond that both you and it focused on full frontal assault. You need to be smarter than that to survive. Get every advantage you can in a fight. If you don’t then are you really showing any respect to your opponent at all?” He would ask as he stopped. His voice carried down the corridor as he spoke, he made sure it did. When he stopped he would be twenty meters from Blitz wherever he may be and his eyes would be carefully on him. That combination had used a fair amount of chakra but he still had plenty in the tank to fight if Blitz still had it in him. “Yield?” He would ask simply, his tone uninflected.

[8]

Stuff:

Stats:

Azrael
    Azrael

Post by Azrael Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:15 am

Standing in the hallway the room they had just left would be behind him as he faced his Master, considering their height difference he would have a clear view of the room where the others began their spar. Having to resist the urge to look himself when he felt the chakra being used to form techniques through his sensing and heard the men's fight begin, keeping his eyes locked upon his Master though watching the fight through his chakra sensory at least what he could.

The two men that were fighting's chakra and even his own however, was nothing like Sero's. All those years ago it was Sero's chakra that drew the man in, the void, the absence, the peace. Before Azrael had met Sero he had claimed to be the avatar of death, however their meeting proved otherwise. In Azrael's eyes, Sero had never been a man, yet stood as the true embodiment of the God of Death, and to that he was a mere insect. There was no fear of Sero from Azrael, it was more of Awe at the man's raw power. Standing before his master now with more clarity Azrael began to see and understand better, two chakras so intertwined you would think they were one of you weren't looking close enough, the other presence was truly powerful, still for his Master to hold it, proves his master's own power.

As he felt Sero's presences lessen slightly and invited him to enter his mind, as well as warned against the beast he was about to encounter, Azrael would take a step forward as his red eyes began to glow and he activated his "A Ghost's Embrace" technique. Taking his Master's advice and activating the one technique that would give him complete control over the mindscape they would find, as well as access to everything Sero had ever seen or done, while still leaving Sero control over casting Azrael out if he so wished. Azrael, no matter how tempting it was, would not peer into his Master's memories. Instead the two of them would appear within his own mind-scape, mere avatars of themselves, as their true bodies remained exactly where they were, and still aware of their surroundings.

In the Mind-scape the Avatar's of Sero and Azrael both standing in complete darkness, before the bound Kukuo, the massive Five-Tails would look over the two though unable to move as it's bindings of bone as strong as steel wrapped itself around the creature. Much like Sero however this bone also would hold a gelatinous feel to it if one touched it, and could be tightened further by Sero if needed should the beast got out of control. Like Azrael had full control over the mindscape, he knew his Master had control over the Bijuu's cage and confinement and he need not worry. Azrael would step forward a few steps, looking up at the beast as well as it's cage in awe before finally speaking. "This One is pleased to greet you, Bijuu Kukuo."

Stats:
    Burittsu
    Burittsu
    Mizukage
    Mizukage
    Catnapper

Character File

Post by Burittsu Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:17 pm

From his attempted move with summoning his clone he was met halfway with defiance nothing else was to be expected from any of these shinobi with his vision of the male blocked off he had to call off his attempted attack. Now forced to be on his guard he could only wait patiently till the strike was made from wherever it was coming from; the silence of the enemy was only another warning that he needed to be on guard. It was only silent for a few moments before the loud sound of crashing waves filled his ears. Clearly the spar was becoming what he always wanted; enemies on the outside would not dare hold back why should this be the same with the situation at hand. He was forced to adapt and think rapidly, giving a quick lift of his hand the water clone handed over the weapon to Burittsu taking the grip from his weapon this was the quickest plan and due to the lack of vision he possessed at the moment defense was never a bad strategy he had multiple options but due to the fact the sound of crashing waves descended upon him he only thought of one move that wouldn’t completely destroy the interior and keep himself safe. Using the clone as his bodyguard the replica formed several hand seals before placing both of his palms outward. In response a large dome of ice shielded over Blitz and his clone from within it was cold temperatures but that only made the jutsu stronger at least strong enough to endure the pressure of water and hold up against such an impressive display of jutsu. A skill he was hoping to upgrade in the future but as for now it was the only one he thought would be beneficial to him at this moment. The sounds of crashing waves made its course hitting the outside of the dome but it did not fall or move. It was simple to tell from within this amount of water that it was indeed meant to drown him out, maybe even finish the job.

“Ice block..”

The clone would softly say to itself before putting both palms down allowing the jutsu to do its thing from the outside. Hearing the crashing of water hitting against the dome Blitz only assumed the assault just began, water would have flooded the room with a quickness but with the dome covering him and protecting from the onslaught on the outside he could only imagine how destructive it was in the end. As the room started to flood and consume the dome the shinobi only had time to think of a solution before he assumed he would be trapped inside for a time being or the other would simply use what he was naturally drawn to. From the outside the water itself began to experience the heat that was being admitted from the swordsmen, soon cutting down the room to nothing but a steam bath. The ice dome itself started to come down bit by bit from the outside as the water lowered the steam and high temperature of water did their job. It was only thanks to quick thinking he managed to pull himself out such an attack the clone itself was dispersed but only to save himself a bit more energy gazing around for a mere second as the remaining part of the dome melted off into water and soon steamed out into vapor. He could hear the talk of the man growing closer as he throughout his faults but also offered for him to yield at the end. As the room gave off the heat it seemed as always the heat in his chest yearned for more combat regardless of the outcome he could only grow stronger if he kept on learning.

“No point in stopping now.. The people on the outside won’t stop for us will they?”

Looking around the room for a mere second Blitz clasped his hands once more in order to clear out the room and return the same courtesy back to the swordsman, a style of force that only one can measure the sounds of his opponent stopped a while ago but the sound of voice still remained in his head on how close this person has gotten. He did feel the need to thank him for not holding back but that could wait till after the session was completed with no need to hold back. It didn't matter to him what occurred next but he was going to try without doubt his training depended on that at the very least of him taking it as serious as he could in hopes of catching up to the two that strided far ahead. In moments it had seemed there was a tugging on the back of his head the feeling of excitement grew but it was no longer his that was felt shrugging off the pull in hopes it would be a sign of the other to not interrupt his training he could only hear the faint whisper that slipped between his ears burrowing deep into his mind only for a brief second. The words bouncing off his brain and making their way into his very core cold but true words indeed everything that was being said made sense it was clear of the power gap but what would be the use of holding back at this very moment. If the outcome would be the same at the end of it all.

“If you’re going to lose, you might as well go out like a shinobi.”

Cracking a quick grin he could only assume his blade was swept by the tides of water earlier and now steamed up to the full extent regardless if he could even make it to the weapon the fight would be the same. As he was informed earlier and just now it seemed that both parties were hinging on him to do something worth wild instead of taking his time and planning in seconds his hands met together forming a one hand seal that of the tiger as quickly retaliated pouring out bubbles from within his body allowing them to spread out and around the area covering all fifty meters ahead of him. Such a simple skill but he could only make this work if he put his mind together. Concentration was the key after all, especially in the midst of battle it was only good to keep a cool level head during any and all situations even if it felt futile this was his training and he took it with all seriousness. Watching the sea of bubbles foam around and spread out his hands once more met this time forming a set of hand seals before coming to a stop on the final hand seal holding it and focusing his chakra to one point. In response forming around Blitz in a three hundred degree radius was a blizzard made of his very own chakra expanding out to a total of forty meters. Keeping his chakra focused and the hand seal intact he could only come up with so many strategies but this was something for him to work on when developed better skill in the future.

Simple plan indeed was for him to cover the area to prevent an easy escape and in doing so trapping his enemy in the blizzard with him hoping the bubbles themselves would make it somehow harder for the male to gain his footing. But the blizzard itself was the only one he could truly think of that could keep both jutsu’s somewhat beneficial. This was his attempt if somehow this combo of jutsu did work the male would only receive frostburns of B-rank damage. If this was truly the swordsman he recalled him to be this would do nothing but simply by Blitz more time or even hasten the speed that this training was heading towards regardless time was running out. Keeping the hand seal active was the only thing he could think of before this was coming to an end but as always the pulling began once more this time with the eagerness of a toddler wanting its parents. Once again the whispers entering his mind embedded themselves upon his brain briefly but loud enough for him to hear it all such a nuisance only started to anger Blitz. Even though the voice was correct, listening to it from the outside and once again from the inside was enough to make him crack a grin as the words bounced off his very molecules.

“Pathetic. Should have used more force.”

Spoiler:

Sero
    Sero
    Mist Jounin
    Mist Jounin
    Catnapper

Post by Sero Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:33 am

Sero would shift his glowing blue eyes to see the two of them fading from view. Darkness taking over even as he saw the powerful use of ninjutsu to his vault. The steam rising and Blitz still standing was all he saw before those red eyes took him away. He was trapped within himself but knew nothing of fear for those remaining outside of his mind. Azrael would release him if anything dangerous were to occur. Besides that neither Valen or Blitz were likely to target him directly. Outside of them though their enemies were many and powerful. Kirigakures leading military force outside of the princess trio were all here gathered so close together. The old guard had mostly passed away from their own greed. Some had believed Kiri to be a shell of what it had once been. Yet the combine forces of those present should be feared. Instinct for any living creature should sense that. Making the palace the most dangerous place to wander into now. However to all of them...this was simply a reunion.

However for a brief moment Sero would be plunged into darkness. As if he had closed his eyes and reopened them to his inner world. It was so dark in comparison it took a moment for his eyes to adjust. Even if they were not really his eyes his mind was not prepared entirely. Still soon it would become clear. Despite his white robes Sero and Azrael stood in a thin but endless lake of blood. Shifting up to Seros ankles and rippling away from them every time they moved. An endless sea as far as the eyes could strain into the dimly lit space. Only darkness lay beyond that vision. Yet slightly above the blood hanging like a bird cage. Kukuo resided. Curled up as if slumbering before one massive blue eye would open. The sound of a voice calling out to him drawing his attention. He would slowly raise his massive head as seals along the bone structure flared to life briefly with a green light from what appeared to be flames carved into it. Kukuo would speak in return with disdain in his voice.

"This one? Humans traditions are so odd. The pleasure is all yours. Who is it that has come to gloat with you this time abomination? Have you come to ensure this prison remains strong against me? How pa-"

Pressure erupted from Sero as the blood began to swirl around him. Slowly rising and falling as taller ripples went forth. Lapping at the bottom of the kage. Kukuo would shy away from it a moment as he glared at Sero. Before going silent. Despite being more powerful than Sero it seemed to fear him. It had helped him on occasion before but it had also witnessed most of Sero's years of service and the death that followed him. It had seen brutality before but never something as savage as Sero. So it was cautious about irking him. Still Sero would speak up next.

"This is my second in command. His name is Yurei Azrael. Despite your protests I have brought him to bare witness that you remain caged....to help me find a way to deal with you on a more permanent basis. Nozomi may have told me your name....but he will tell me what you fear."

Stats

Valen Minamoto
    Valen Minamoto

Character File
    Ryo:

Post by Valen Minamoto Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:22 am

Valen, being outside of the room in the hallway, was out of range of both the bubble technique and the blizzard that seemingly coalesced around his student. He had been impressed to see he had taken the force of the water technique with an ice one and even managed to defend against his fire. Thought it had been weakened considerably by the water it had evaporated along the way. Blitz however would begin to taunt now, and that would cause Valen to tilt his head in curious amusement. His red eyes gleamed as he considered options. The blizzard Blitz used was theoretically something to prevent him from getting close. Or to affect him if he did but he wondered if his ice release was as potent as his Queens. He considered the prospect for a moment before making a decision.

“I’m going to do something I normally would not do in this situation Blitz. Don’t assume everyone will do so.” He would say simply as he began to walk forward. His step calm and collected. He was choosing to voluntarily move into the blizzard, the blunted blade Sero had given him spinning idly in hand. He would test the cold his student could bring, it was the best way to be sure he could handle himself. As he moved, he controlled the watery bubbles on the floor and simply moved them out, his technique to control the movements of the liquid still active. As such when he stepped, he did so on smooth bone, his step sure as the sunrise in the east. As he reached the blizzard he walked into it’s teeth willingly, without fear of recourse and felt it’s cold embrace him.

It..was not enough.

Valen had either become acclimated to far more cold than Blitz could deal with due to his imprisonment, or Blitz simply did not have the power yet to affect him through his natural body heat (B vs A++). He felt somewhat of a chill, but nothing that a normal person would be more than mildly uncomfortable by. “You still need to get stronger before you can affect me. Cold such as this is next to worthless against me..” He would say as his weapon ignited into flames. It was time to practice something new. His fire had increased in potency as he had matured and now it was time to see what happened when he took that flame and tried to turn it up to eleven. His weapon would become engulfed in a great blaze with the fire extending his effective reach to three meters. The heat coming from it was incredible and the presence of the fire would remove any cold that the blizzard surrounding his student could bring to bear upon him.

“This, is my Blade of Perdition. Until your ice is enough to snub it’s fire, you won’t have any luck trying to bring me down with it.” He would explain before relenting on the chakra. The intensity and size of the blade diminished to it’s regular size. The weapon still engulfed in fire but it was lesser in intensity. “This is the weakest flame I an conjure upon my weapon..” He would say, and the fire and the blizzard would seem to even out, as if neither could quite one up the other in intensity. “It seems that is the limit of this jutsu of yours.” He would say before falling into a stance. It was one he had felt the most natural in. Called ‘Hi no Hana’ or ‘Flower of Fire’ it would make his strikes and movements faster, crisper, more difficult to catch.

He fell into the stance when he was only a meter away from his opponent, letting him prepare by making another ice blade if he wished. It wouldn’t matter, even this fire would probably melt through it after a few trades. Once Blitz had been given the chance to re-arm, Valen would strike with his full strength. Moving his blow in a diagonal strike downward from Blitz’ right shoulder to left hip. The weapon was blunt, but the fire was hot and if successful would leave a trail of vicious burns across Blitz front, and burn away the front of his attire. He moved at his fastest speed, intent on testing Blitz’s capability in swordplay. His right hand was free of his hilt however, allowing him to use it if necessary. This weapon was not the Hai no Ha, it would not matter if he held it in one, or two hands.

[9]

Stuff:

Stats:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:04 am