Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Guard Duty Training

Ren
    Ren
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Village : Minor Nation

Guard Duty Training Empty Guard Duty Training

Post by Ren Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:30 pm

Mission:

When Ren first read that he had been assigned guard Duty on the Southwestern Gate he was a little apprehensive, though as he continued to read the letter that had been delivered he was slightly less so. He was assigned to the night shift, which was perfect for him considering he enjoyed the night time far more than he enjoyed day time. Though he was quite surprised considering the fact that when he had submitted his request to join the gate sentry they said he was too green around the ears, that only Chuunin and above could serve as sentries as the Genin wouldn't be able to handle the job. Ren took offense to this and argued at great length with the man behind the desk, before giving up and leaving. Of course, he has done other missions since then so maybe that is why they are summoning him for the sentry duty, the seen his skills. No wait that doesn't make sense, the only other missions the village had assigned him was helping the postal service department and advertising for that stupid candy shop. He still hadn't got the smell of chocolate out of his hair from that one, so why would they be calling on him for a job that only Chuunin are allowed to do based on those two terrible missions. Unless this is because of his outburst earlier this week, could this be some kind of reprimand or worst were they going to kick him out of the village for it.

No, no, it couldn't be that. He was being irrational, no clearly they saw determination or something in his request to serve the village, surely that is what it was, he was being rewarded not punished. He had to stop having such dark thoughts like that, always going to the worst case scenario, he needed to relax and think clearly. Looking at the time to see it was several hours before his shift, Ren would head to his room to hopefully get some rest before hand, so he did not risk falling alseep on the job. Later that day, Ren would make his way down the street of Konohagakure towards the Southwestern Gate of the Village. The streets were quiet, and with the sun already set, the moon and the stars lit up the night sky. This was Ren's favorite time of the day, the bright sun often too much for him to handle, not to mention the crowds of civilians the roam the streets during the day.

No it's much more peaceful at night, it was tranquility in its finest. As he drew nearer to the gates he saw two individuals within the guard booth talking, as one sees him approaching they would wave frantically at him before heading to open the door. 'geez, what is this guy's problem, why does he have to look so hyper.' Ren thought to himself as the door to the guard booth flew open and the frantic older man came out waving Ren to come in. "You must be Ren, pleasure to meet you. The names Hibiki, I look forward to working with you tonight." Ren would stop walking as he heard those words, 'you mean I'm stuck with this guy all night? Sage end me now!' the male thought to himself before looking to Hibiki, "Nice to meet you Hibiki, I look forward to working with you as well," he would lie through gritted teeth as he did not want to start the night off on the wrong foot and the entire night be ruined. The second man would come out of the booth, this one even older than the first man. "Good you already met, I will be off then." Before leaving the man would look to Hibiki, "and remember Hibiki. You requested this Genin, he is your responsibility as is anything that happens on this shift." "Yes, Sir." And with that the second man was off, Hibiki started to say something but Ren didn't hear it.

The young males mind was racing over what he had just heard, this meant that he wasn't here because of his skills but because someone he doesn't know requested him to be here like some kind of experiment. What did this mean, he wished the other guy had not left so quickly, maybe he could have found out what the man meant. "...and so now you're here." Hibiki's words would cut through Ren's thoughts causing the male to look towards him. "What did you say?" Ren would ask as his voice would hold the slightest hint of anger in his tone as his nearly flared with his Sharingan. "Oh, I was just saying that I saw you. Earlier this week, when you applied for the sentry duty and were turned down. I saw your determination and drive. I went to my superiors and I fought all week for them to give you the chance and so now you're here." Hibiki would repeat what he had said with a bright smile on his face that cause Ren to be taken aback.

"Why, why would you do that?" Ren asked his tone much softer and humbled by what the man had just said, Hibiki would just scoff at the question. "That's simple, I've been a Shinobi of the leaf for many years I have seen some of the greats and some of the worst. I have also seen people that will do anything for their village as well as those that wish to harm that village, and I make it my business to know people. Seeing you fight so hard just for the lowly job of watching the gate it something that not a lot of people would care to waste their time with so I had to ask you about it myself. Why did you want to be on Sentry rotation so bad?" Ren would think for several minutes about the man's question before he would finally answer, "I am an Uchiha, my ancestors helped form this village. The blood of my family runs through this village and as such everyone expects great things from someone of my Clan. I don't know if I will ever be one of those great names that everyone thinks about when they hear the Uchiha name, but what I do know is that I will do whatever I can to protect my clan and the people of this village. Even if it's just watching the gates for threats."

As Ren finished speaking, Hibiki would smile at him. "That is why you are here, the village needs Shinobi that want nothing more than to protect it. I have been through several situations over the years and I will teach you the best way to handle each one, so pay attention." Hibiki would be excited like that fat kid that had tacked him on the way into the candy store the other day, 'I don't know if I will be able to handle this guy's level of annoyance all night.' Ren would think to himself as he forced a smile onto his face, as he did not want the man to know he was personally dreading every minute of this after the man said he fought for Ren to even be given this chance when the man didn't even know him. Hibiki would proceed to lead the young Uchiha inside the guard booth pulling out multiple documents, and piles of files, sitting them in front of Ren. "I want you to read through these, but I also want you to listen as I tell you about the history of Konohagakure." Hibiki started walking up to the booth's window and looking out across the forest on the other side of the wall. 'What? A history lesson, what is this the Academy?' Ren thought to himself as he felt the heat within him building, still he would sit in the chair at the desk and begin looking at the files, 'This is going to be a long night.' though as he began reading the document his eyes widen slightly, 'this isn't a history lesson this is his story telling.' he thought as he realized all of the papers were hand written with the same hand writing and some of the pages where even numbered as if by chapters. 'Just who is this guy?' Ren would think to himself as Hibiki began.

The next several hours would make Ren think he was at a play as Hibiki began not only telling the story of different scenarios Ren might be faced with while working a shift at the gate, but also acting it out. Both sides of it. There were a few times he would have to stop and the two of them would go through the process of what is required for entry and exiting the village, after all this was not some kind of tourist attraction. It is a militarian village for an entire country, not just anybody can come and go as they please. Though it was the night shift so it wasn't too busy, three on mission going out and two that were returning. With Hibiki's guidance Ren was able to get them checked through quickly and then the man would return to his reenactment for the young Uchiha. All in all the night passed without incident, with the greatest excitement to come from the whole evening being Hibiki's reenactments. Still it was far more interesting than Ren had thought it was going to be and he was in fact extremely grateful to Hibiki both for requesting that Ren be placed on duty with him and for telling/reenacting the story for him.

As the sun began to crest the horizon the older man from earlier in the night would return, "well seems everything is in order here. Good work you two, Hibiki what is your assessment?" Ren would look to Hibiki as the Jounin spoke those words wondering what the Chuunin would say about him. "I approve sir, request that he be permitted shift duty in the future sir." Hibiki said with a quick wink to Ren while the Jounin wasn't looking, "very well, your report on Uchiha, Ren will be taken into consideration for the future. You are both dismissed, now go get some rest." Both Ren Hibiki would nod before heading out the door of the guard post, "Hey Hibiki, thank you for everything. I appreciate it." Ren would state once they were in the street, "don't mention it kid. Just remember it." Hibiki replied with a smile before taking off, Ren would simply wave after the man before turning and heading back towards the Uchiha district having completed his mission and who knows possibly even made a new friend as well. All in all, Ren would say it was a pretty good night. Though he was definitely tired and couldn't wait to get home to his bed for some much needed rest.

{Mission Completed ~ Exit Thread}

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 am