Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Proposal for Restricteds

Airi Ohara
    Airi Ohara
    Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu | Raiton | Sealing | Summoning | Medical | Taijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: Check Updates

Proposal for Restricteds Empty Proposal for Restricteds

Post by Airi Ohara Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:53 pm

As a note, I find the limited slots for all restricteds -- other than Canon Entities, Rinnegan Paths, and Restricted Clans -- to be new player/character unfriendly. This heavily favors all of the older players/characters and the limited slots just leave the new players (seeing a completely full list) wanting. One would have to wait for someone to go inactive during an activity check in order for a slot to open up, which I find is extremely limiting, and not very friendly to new players -- especially since some of this stuff would help with "player power fantasy" which roleplaying sites tend to lean into. And because having certain abilities would be fun to have. So here is my proposition:
    Restricted Thread

Restricted Progression System
    Spoiler:

Awarding and Limiting Restricteds
    Spoiler:

Change Log:
    Restricted Progression System
    +Did some rewording
    +Removed requiring the village Kages to grant the Restricteds. This seems too limiting and a lot of OOC complications can hinder this fact. That and I find it weird to allow someone to be a Jashinist by their kage. I'd rather personal character storyline and/or desire to obtain said Restricted to trump whatever the user's Kage wants -- assuming their Kage would be inclined to even give it to them depending on the OOC relationship between the players.  I also found this as a way to exercise favoritism.
    +Restructured everything into easier, bite-sized categories instead of a giant wall of text for quick referencing.
    +Primarily made a lot of them based off of word count as I feel effort and IC reason for obtaining certain thing to match being on a roleplaying site. The high word count requirement may serve as a filter to some, but if someone really wants a Restricted, they'll put in the effort. This is my alternative than the rather hostile manner that having a certain number of slots in each Restricted will cause.

Awarding and Limited Restricteds
    +Reworded. No longer first come first serve except for canon entities and restricted clans.
    +Made it the second post, since it should really precede information on Entities and Enhanced States
    +Adjusted the list of owners by category and whether it's a Limited Restricted or Unlimited Restricted.
    +Also took out a large chunk of it as it just won't fit with my proposal.

Closing
    This should get the idea I was trying to get across. I found it unfair that it appears that the same 5-6 players have the vast majority of the VERY limited restricted slots available. This would be unfair to new players and new characters that want to have something special as a reward for their character for reaching S Class (or X Class) instead of waiting for someone to go inactive or a character to die. The current system is dated and more relevant to a MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller site, but this is not future proof and may be subject to favoritism -- in the event someone upsets their kage OOC, they will not be rewarded with a Restricted. I feel that a filter of a word count to obtain will help further a character's growth and development rather than it being stunted because of some arbitrary limitation like slots.

There may be an argument of "This will not encourage creativity and diversity" which is actually incorrect. Certainly people would gravitate towards more popular things such as Flying Thunder God, but that is due to lack of other things created that is more open to the general public. And the fact that people call "dibs" on something when it hasn't been performed is also another way to encourage favoritism which will cause resentment to spread. I do suggest the staff create more things such as Human Puppet being an Enhanced State and adding potentially more Techniques. Diversity will come with what people would see as fitting for their character and the high word count would work as a big enough filter. Speaking of Word Count, each Restricted may also have their own specific word count requirement to obtain -- I used the 5000-10000 as a placeholder for such a thing.

I know it might be bias for me to say, but I feel this is a more fair and just manner of distributing Restricteds than the current system which is meant for a much smaller site, which is outdated, which also isn't fun and is actually crushing for those that want a specific thing but cannot have it because "I was here first". I believe it's time to change the system and for the better. I propose this to the staff as an idea and framework to bettering the system and cutting down on the slots. Thank you.

Village: Konohagakure
    Recognized by E Tier Intelligence
    Title: The Carmine Hyuga

CP: 290 | 130 Senjutsu CP
    Strength: D {C}
    Constitution: B {B+}
    Stamina: B {A+}
    Speed: A
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: A
    *Attuned: Weaknessless Soaring Shortswords
    *Attuned: Str +1 Tier due to Attunement with Silent Meteoric Kote
    *Con + from Lifestyle
    *+1(+) passive Stamina due to Uzumaki
    *Raiton Chakra Cost Reduction
    *Taijutsu Chakra Cost Reduction
    *Attuned: Fuuinjutsu Chakra Cost Reduction due to Attunement with Vocalized Mask

[Tracker] [Update]
    Airi Ohara
    Airi Ohara
    Hokage
    Hokage
    Bug Zapper
    Rewarded to those who actively fought and subdued Chomei during the Bijuu Rampage Event in 2024

Village : Konohagakure

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Ninjutsu | Raiton | Sealing | Summoning | Medical | Taijutsu
    Ryo: Check Updates

Proposal for Restricteds Empty Re: Proposal for Restricteds

Post by Airi Ohara Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:34 am

Full Version of the Proposition:
    Pages will have a navigation prompt going in this order.

Restricted Progression System:

Awarding and Limited Restricteds:

Restricted Ownership List:

Village: Konohagakure
    Recognized by E Tier Intelligence
    Title: The Carmine Hyuga

CP: 290 | 130 Senjutsu CP
    Strength: D {C}
    Constitution: B {B+}
    Stamina: B {A+}
    Speed: A
    Coordination: A
    Intelligence: A
    Perception: A
    *Attuned: Weaknessless Soaring Shortswords
    *Attuned: Str +1 Tier due to Attunement with Silent Meteoric Kote
    *Con + from Lifestyle
    *+1(+) passive Stamina due to Uzumaki
    *Raiton Chakra Cost Reduction
    *Taijutsu Chakra Cost Reduction
    *Attuned: Fuuinjutsu Chakra Cost Reduction due to Attunement with Vocalized Mask

[Tracker] [Update]

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am