Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

Demand and Demand

Nakaba
    Nakaba
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Engineering, Kugutsu, Taijutsu
    Class: D
    Ryo: 90,000

Demand and Demand Empty Demand and Demand

Post by Nakaba Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:35 pm

Mission:

Nakaba stood at the counter in peach-orange slacks, a black button up, and a white tie with a pastel floral pattern on it. He pulled a wire taut in a small fan connecting it with a screw. He wasn't getting paid to help the old woman with her repairs, but the job would be done quicker when she could man the counter again. Quick fingers one by one mapped the wire connections identifying any improper routes, and solidifying a mental image of the desired outcome. After plugging it in and flicking its switch, the fan would roar to life. Almost in tandem, the door would swing open revealing a figure with their mouth scrunched to the side obviously in a poor mood. Attempting to not form any judgements before the man who came in even spoke, Nakaba would greet him in the same neutral-positive tone he'd used all day, "Welcome. How can I help you?"

The man would storm up to the desk. "Where's the shop owner at?! I need to speak with her about the repairs she did. Or should I say didn't do." The man was holding a grain mill. Nakaba noted that the one he had was fine for recreational use, if you were using it for its novelty, but with the wear on the one that this man was using he obviously needed something large and not stationary.

"Well sir. I can take a look at it if it needs repairing. What seems to be the problem?" Blankly the genin would extend his hand to receive the object.

"Fine." The man sat the painted blue machine on the counter. "If it didn't need repairing why would I be here?"

Silently the Iwa-nin would turn over the machine. It was as expected being put through too much work. Natural wear and tear was just accumulating to quickly. Nakaba would wak over to a similar model that was still packaged on a shelf and bring it back to the man. "Sir, I know that Madam Owner repairs these for you at next to no cost, but I'm afraid that this isn't salvageable. You see here." Nakaba would point at the box. "These small in kitchen tchotchke models are made with aluminum alloy parts to make them more light weight and manageable in the kitchen. I've been through Madam Owner's books, and this is one of her most frequent expenditures. If you want something that will mill wheat," Or whatever hellish grain you've been running through this machine, he thought, "you'll need a different, unfortunately more expensive, sturdier unit."

"Madam Owner should be the one replac-"

"Madam Owner will be doing no such thing. You've gotten your use out of this tool. It has broken because of improper use. Get another one or get out. End of discussion sir." Nakaba would tilt his head staring the man in the eyes. "I would recommend this unit here based on the wear and the frequency of your stops."

10 minutes of 'polite conversation' later Nakaba would be hauling the unit out for the man.

[Exit]

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:06 am