Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Training Extravaganza

Tōri
    Tōri
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Village : Konohagakure

Training Extravaganza Empty Training Extravaganza

Post by Tōri Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:30 am

It was high time that Tōri began the all important job of lending his hand in the training of the next generation. Thankfully the bustling village had no shortage of upcoming shinobi and he had even met one of these promising new prospects during the calamitous biju attack the leaf had suffered. No doubt it was the loss of life and constant reminders of the recent incident that had spurred something inside Tōri and prompted him to stop delaying his selection of a student. He’d sent a message to Sera instructing her to meet him at the training grounds for a more formal introduction before getting into their first exercises.

It was early morning when Tōri made it to the training facility after a swift breakfast at home consisting of eggs and rice. Thankfully the grounds were fairly empty at this time, he had hoped as much so they could have more space for themselves. Having arrived a few minutes early he would wait for his student to arrive, eager to get to know what kind of person and shinobi they are.

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: E
    Ryo: ?

Training Extravaganza Empty Training Extravaganza

Post by King of Games Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:30 am

The member 'Tōri' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Training Extravaganza VMgm48Z
    Sera
    Sera
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kyujutsu, Ninjutsu (Raiton), Katon, Kanchijutsu
    Class: B
    Ryo: 75,625

Training Extravaganza Empty Re: Training Extravaganza

Post by Sera Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:39 am

Having grown up being taught by her parents, Sera was less inclined to seek other teachers when she entered the ninja academy. When being taught by who she thought was the best, why would she settle for others who weren’t as skilled?  Quickly this misconceived notion was rectified as she learned how many facets there were about being a kunoichi outside of just hunting.  Everybody seemed to have a specialty that they excelled in, and had plenty of lessons to teach. Even other students and genin had much greater experience than she did in most areas of expertise. Looking to rectify some of the holes in her own fighting style and experience, Sera was heading towards the training grounds. A jounin that Sera had met recently extended an invitation to strengthen her upm and she wasn’t about to say no to such an opportunity.

She approached the training grounds and saw that Tori was already there and waiting. Sera began to hustle over, picking up the pace until she stood before him.  With a tight grip on her gigantic bow she did a little bow and began to greet him.

“Good morning Tori-sensei!”

As she righted herself, she was extra careful to not topple over. Her new bow was literally larger than she was, but hoped that it would pay off in spades during training. Maybe she would be able to seal it away in the future so she wouldn’t need to lug it around?

“I am a fresh genin of konohagakure. I specialize in kyujutsu and raiton-based ninjutsu. Ready to train and willing to learn!” She gave a confident smile and readied herself for instruction.

Character File

Post by King of Games Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:39 am

The member 'MindPretzel' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Tōri
    Tōri
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Tōri Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:23 am

As he had seen before the almost comically larger bow became visible before the one holding it, Sera eventually came into view and hustled over to join him at the entrance to the training grounds. The enthusiastic girl proudly introduced herself, surprising him with a shared element of raiton. “Good morning Sera, it’s good to see you under better circumstances. We happen to share an affinity for raiton so this would be a good time for you to showcase what you know and we can work from there.” With that he would form several hand seals before leaping across the field with several bounds roughly twenty meters away. Releasing his chakra the ground to the side of him rose as a defensive wall, then walking back to Sera he explained the exercise.

“I want to see the kind of potency behind your raiton ninjutsu, fire whatever you can at this wall to see if you can make it fall.” He was curious if the child knew anything of elemental strengths and weaknesses with relation to each other. Not only would it prove a good measure to her chakra control but her wit and intellect as well, all important tools in the shinobi arsenal.

Trained: Earth Release: Earth-Style Wall (B-Rank)
    203/200 WC

Chakra: 310 / 320

Last edited by Tōri on Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Character File

Post by King of Games Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:23 am

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Sera
    Sera
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Sera Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:39 am

As Tori greeted her, Sera raised her eyes in surprise that they shared an elemental affinity. It wasn’t too uncommon that higher ranking shinobi possessed multiple elements, but since she only had one element at her disposal, it seemed rather lucky. It was possible that he would be able to teach her something new today. With a leap and a bound backwards, her new teacher created an earthen wall between them and prompted her to destroy it with lightning.  Although she probably learned about elemental affinities in the ninja academy, nothing related to that came to mind at the moment. She only had access to lightning, or non-elemental techniques, so she hadn’t seen the point to memorizing the options she didn’t have at her disposal.

Although they were in a training field and Sera had the opportunity to test out some new techniques, her current skills were being tested and she didn’t want to risk messing up this first impression. Sera formed three quick hand seals and began to channel lightning chakra through her palms. Without taking the bow off of her back she began to emulate the form of knocking an arrow; creating an electric version in her hands. With a hefty throw, Sera sent the lightning arrow towards the rock wall with the intent of blowing it up. One day she would find a way to imbue her actual arrows with lightning, but until then, this technique felt like a go-to.

After watching the arrow collide with the wall and the results that followed, Sera would grin and pump her fist in success.

“How was that?”

-----------------

Chakra Points:
    105/110

Technique Used:

Lightning Release: Thunderclap Arrow: C Rank Ninjutsu
    Spoiler:

Character File

Post by King of Games Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:39 am

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Tōri
    Tōri
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Tōri Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:00 pm

With a simple but effective technique Sera appropriately mimed the pulling of a bow as she prepared to hurl the manifested raiton chakra gathering in her hand. The lightning arrow collided with the wall with a thunderous clap, chunks of the wall flying backward as it was obliterated into a useless and jagged stump of its former self. Nodding his head in approval he looked to the eager genin, glad to see her spirits still so high after the biju attack. “Well done, this was no easy feat with the chakra I put into the wall I raised. Your raiton is well suited for action against doton, being its elemental weakness. Be sure to be wary of futon users as they can overpower your raiton techniques with ease.” The uncertainty of the girl's response to her technique’s collision didn’t necessarily speak to a lack of knowledge around the elements but he wanted to cover all his bases as it was an important lesson for any ninjutsu user.

“Your chakra seemed to be well developed to be able to pull off such a technique. That is good to see, though it is likely the ceiling of your capacity for now. We’ll have to work hard together to breach the level of complexity. Tell me, how do you fare with the other shinobi basics of Genjutsu and Taijutsu? While no one can specialize in all areas it is important to know the fundamentals and be able to defend oneself against their different approaches.”

Character File

Post by King of Games Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:00 pm

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Sera
    Sera
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Sera Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:11 pm

With an explosion of electricity and rubble, Sera’s arrow successfully destroyed her teacher’s defenses. The eager kunoichi let out a sigh of relief, thankful that she was able to pass this first test. Tori praised her technique’s strength and explained that lightning was inherently strong against earth techniques. This was a concept that Sera didn’t fully grasp the ramifications of, but definitely understood at least a little bit. Of course lightning would be better at destroying the earth than one of her arrows right? But then her teacher told her to be wary of wind techniques and that they would be strong against her. With a puzzle look on her face, she would raise her hand and ask a question.

“Why is wind strong against lightning? I understand that wind would be bad against my arrow attacks because they could throw off the trajectory, but how does it mess with lightning?”

He followed up his discussion on lightning techniques by asking her about her skills in taijutsu and genjutsu. At these mentions, her face unconsciously displayed her lack of confidence. She raised a finger awkwardly to her face and looked away, a bit embarrassed to explain her ineptitude.

“Umm. I don’t have much experience with genjutsu at all. I was able to pass my exams regarding it, but I don’t typically consider them part of my skill set. The same goes with taijutsu. I find it easier to follow it while it's happening in front of me, but my body can’t really keep up with my eyes. That goes double for it if I end up utilizing my clan’s dojutsu.”

While it was a bit awkward to talk about her faults, she knew that it would be better to get them right out to begin with rather than keep them a secret and get in trouble for lying later. Deception was never really her forte.

Character File

Post by King of Games Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:11 pm

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Tōri
    Tōri
    Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Tōri Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:10 pm

As expected these skills omitted from Sera’s introduction were her main weak points, which fit for someone adept with the range kyujutsu and ninjutsu afforded. The question of why futon messes with raiton caught Tōri off guard, one of the many things he appreciated about the minds of youth. They never fail to surprise me. Chuckling lightly he tried to come up with as best an answer as he could. “That is a terrific question Sera and one that I can’t say I have a proper answer for. My best guess would be that the primal power of wind as the progenitor of storms and thus lightning has an innate power over that which is can create. That’s just my thought though, perhaps that’s something we could work together to answer more thoroughly.” Unsure how his improvised answer would satisfy her he gave her a moment to ask any further questions she might have. After the brief pause he would continue with the next part of the lesson, forming the clone seal to create a physical duplicate of himself from a cloud of smoke that poofed next to him. It was a technique that was just out of her grasp, but Tōri was certain he would be able to teach her before long.

“This next task we’ll be tackling head on together. My clone is going to cast a Genjutsu at us and we are going to break out of it with the Genjutsu Kai technique. All it requires is the Tiger seal and release of chakra to flush the invading chakra from your system. I’ll show you how its performed and then assist you if needed. Prepare yourself, these techniques affect your psyche and can weaponize your memories and fears against you.” The clone would walk roughly ten feet away before turning back towards them and form two hand seals before releasing its chakra to envelop them both.

Pulling from Sera’s mind she would see something within her that she fears, for Tōri this was an image of the village akin to the biju attack but far worse. Flames licked the buildings around him, transformed into little more than rubble with his comrades' bodies strewn around him. Closing his eyes he allowed the flare of emotion to run its course and settle as he formed the Tiger seal and dispelled the illusion. Looking to Sera he nodded, ready to step to her side and offer a hand to her shoulder with the Tiger seal formed in his off hand, providing support to her technique if the illusion was too overpowering. It was as simple an illusion that he could use, though he hoped it didn’t prove too daunting. He’d read her file and hand’t seen anything that seemed traumatic enough to elicit an extreme response, but these files never contained everything.

Trained:
    - Shadow Clone (B-Rank) | 203/200 WC
    - Demonic Illusion: Hell's Viewing (D-Rank) | 106/100
    - Genjutsu Kai (C-Rank) | 153/150

Chakra: 150 / 155
    Clone: 152 / 155

Last edited by Tōri on Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Character File

Post by King of Games Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:10 pm

'Bunny Arrival' :
    Training Extravaganza WFpjHMN
    Sera
    Sera
    Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Sera Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:46 pm

Hearing her new teacher immediately concede that he didn’t know the answer to ehr question was a relief in some ways.  Of course it would have been better if she could learn the actual answer, but Tori felt comfortable enough with himself to tell her when he didn’t know instead of lying to her. That had to be the sign of a good teacher right? Not only that, but he also offered to help seek out the answer. Pretty cool.

“I don’t know if I need to know the answer right now, but I’m glad to know that it's on the table!” Sera thoughtfully responded.  She didn’t want to seem ungrateful at the offer, but learning the reason why wind chakra was strong against her lightning chakra didn’t change the end result of it.

The pair moved along with the next part of their training and Tori proposed a way to break out of genjutsu.  Sera nodded as he explained the point of the exercise, but froze as he explained the incoming mental attack.

“Uhm…”

Sera’s surroundings began to darken and the forest around the training grounds suddenly became twice as populated with trees. The once bright sun in the sky was replaced with a dim moon, and Tori disappeared from view. Sera found herself in what appeared to be the forest near her family’s homestead during the dead of night. She drew her bow as noises whispered from obscured bushes. She was on a hunting mission and there was a creature disturbing the peace. With a quick knock and release, Sera sank an arrow into the bush, ceasing the creature’s noises.  With a tentative approach, Sera cleared the bush aside to see her father with an arrow in the chest.

The shock immediately sent her hand to cover her mouth in horror and she took a couple of steps back from the bush. This isn’t what happened! My parents are fine. They are fine right?

Her twisted memory and fears merged into her landscape as Sera tried to refocus herself. Finally remembering Tori’s instructions, she formed the tiger hand seal and began to force chakra out of herself to dispel the illusion.

The vision of her father vanished along with the dark forest surroundings, and she gave a large sigh of relief as the sunlight rained down upon her once more.  Her legs buckled and she fell to the ground before she remembered where she was and tried to quickly stand up.  Sera blinked the tears out of her eyes and looked at her teacher with a weak smile.

“I did it.”

------------------
    Chakra Points:
    102/110

Trained and Used:

Genjutsu Kai: C Rank (150 words)
    Spoiler:

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Tōri Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:15 pm

The illusion seemed to be fairly potent on the young shinobi, which was to be expected of someone at her age. Still, better to learn from her teacher than from an opponent out for blood. Smiling at the accomplished feat he crossed his arms and agreed with her statement. “You did indeed. Genjutsu can be a nasty thing, not all escape so readily as you. Thankfully the technique can be used to assist your allies if they fall prey to an enemy's illusion. Now you’re equipped to protect yourself and your team against such tactics.” Having the clone walk over to them Tōri formed three hand seals before releasing the technique and poofing his clone into a shuriken that began to fall before he caught it in his hand.

“We shall continue with your ninjutsu education, I’m sure you’ve practiced the transformation technique in the academy. This next technique is a more advanced application of this, we’ll be increasing the size of a projectile in mid air to increase the damage. I’ll use this shuriken my clone was kind enough to turn into for me. As for you, I’d like to see it attempted with your bow. Of course I’ll help by taking your bow after you’ve fired to allow your hands to be free to form seals.”

Throwing his shuriken at the wall he slowly formed the three hand seals necessary so Sera could get a good look at the forms required. Tiger. Rabbit. Dog. As soon as the final seal formed the chakra released and the simple shuriken turned to the size of a fuma shuriken, slamming into the wall with increased power with the unnatural speed the large projectile was going. He would then prepare to take the bow from Sera's hands after fired.

Techniques trained:
    - Transformation Technique (E-Rank) | 129 / 50 WC
    - Ninja Art: Shuriken Giant Body Technique (C-Rank) | 168 / 150 WC

Chakra: 146 / 155
    Clone: 152 / 155

Techniques:

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Sera Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:47 pm

Beads of sweat dripped from the kunoichi’s brow and she reached up to wipe her forehead as her teacher complimented her display.  She felt fine physically, but she wasn’t used to the emotional turmoil that came with experiencing genjutsu. Tori made a great point that it was good for her to experience it in this controlled setting versus out in the wild against enemy shinobi.

“Agreed. It feels weird to thank you after forcing me to see something horrible, but thank you nonetheless. I definitely feel more prepared now.”

The next set of instructions came her way, and there was a bit of excitement that came from hearing she would be using her bow.  It was always good to train her faults and weaknesses, but it was nice to hone in on some of her strengths now and again too. Tori demonstrated a new technique which allowed his shuriken to grow in size, and he prompted her to do the same with an arrow. Although he offered to hold her bow after she fired, Sera shook her head and politely declined.

“I appreciate the offer, but I should be fine.”

The blonde hunter took the massive bow off her back and knocked an arrow, pointing it towards the tree adjacent to Tori’s previous target. When she fired the arrow, she let go of the bow with one hand and began forming the technique’s three hand seals. Due to training with her parents for this very purpose, she was able to perform the hand seals even while holding the bow with her other hand.  Chakra flowed into the launched arrow and it grew many times in size, almost appearing like a spear was launched instead of just an arrow.  The spear-like arrow would pierce into the tree, sticking out of it like a new branch. She would then smile cheerfully at her teacher.

“That’s awesome! May not be the stealthiest, but I can definitely see myself using that in the future!”

----------------

Chakra Points:
    97/110

Techniques Used/Learned:

Ninja Art: Shuriken Giant Body Technique: C Rank Ninjutsu
    Spoiler:

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Tōri Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:09 pm

Curious as to how Sera would deal with the large bow on her own, Tōri watched in amazement as the young kunoichi began forming hand seals with her free hand while still gripping the bow. It was a feat few genin could accomplish, let alone many of his fellow jōnin. Smiling as the arrow pierced the tree he was proud to have such a promising student and to see her natural talent at work. It was clearly a skill she was passionate about, he recalled a vaguely outlined report on her familia tie to her kyujutsu training in her file. It was a style that happened to line up well with his own tactics, glad to have such a complementary student. He’d hear rumblings about an upcoming chūnin exam that was to be held, though it was far from the right time to bring such things up. For now he had to work on seeing if she’d be prepared for the trials that await participants, he himself knew from experience how it felt to go into them unprepared.

“That was terrific work, your talent with hand seals is another skill we share. I was surprised to see a genin having employed such a difficult technique so well. I’m sure we can come up with some interesting ways to augment your arrows with raiton, perhaps even working together.” Pausing for a moment he released the clone with a poof from its lodged position in the wall before weaving a new set of three seals. Tiger. Snake. Tiger. “Now I want to see how well you can learn a new raiton technique. This is similar to your thunderclap technique earlier, follow these seals and try to replicate this.” Releasing the moulded chakra a series of lightning bolts shot out from his hands that were cupped together in front of him, striking every tree in the surrounding area.

Trained:
    - Lightning Release: Thunderbolt (C-Rank) | 315 / 150 WC

Chakra: 141 / 320

Techniques:

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Sera Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:32 pm

Her teacher looked impressed with the new technique’s execution and Sera made a small fist pump of satisfaction. He made a comment on the one-handed hand seals that Sera made and she would make a mental note of it. It was a skill that she hadn’t seen too often in her time at the academy, but she hadn’t realized it was something worth mentioning. Wasn’t that a skill that everyone should strive for? Especially if they use weapons.

Tori mentioned infusing arrows with lightning chakra and Sera’s eyes shined with excitement. That was a technique she had already been planning on developing! It was nice to hear that someone else had the same ideas, so she would need to put the work into making it a reality.

“Yes! I’ve been meaning to combine both kyujutsu and ninjutsu. I’ll have to whip something up to show you for our next training session!”

Her teacher made several hand seals and began to channel a new technique, causing lightning to strike the surrounding trees. Sera was careful and observed the hand seals and movements he used before beginning to emulate them herself.  As she copied the three hand seals, she released lightning chakra throughout her body and then focused the output with her hands. Several lightning bolts shot out of her palms and struck the same burnt trees that Tori struck.  While it was good to test out attacks, she tried her best to minimize damages to the environment. As she looked over the lightning-wrought destruction the two of them caused she asked him a question.

“Tori-sensei, you have access to lightning and earth chakra natures. When did you realize you had multiple natures? I’ve only discovered my affinity towards lightning, and I’m not sure I could handle another element right now, but I want to make sure I’m ready in case it happens suddenly.”

--------------------
    Chakra Points:
    92/110

Techniques Used/Learned:

Lightning Release: Thunderbolt: C Rank Ninjutsu (150 word count)
    Spoiler:

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Tōri Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:27 pm

The prospect of inventing her own jutsu seemed to light something up within Sera, clearly having thought on this matter before. It was a good sign for a shinobi to look at crafting their own unique style, she was well on her way with her weapon choice and elemental affinity at such an age. After perfectly executing the technique his student asked about his own elemental affinities and about the future of her own progress towards the other elements. It was a good question, her mindset had a healthy dose of curiosity that would continue to serve her well. Still, there was this undertone of sadness that he couldn’t shake feeling from the act of smiting the trees that Sera’s sight lingered on before asking her question. He figured he could help answer her question and quell this worry with one stroke.

“I learned at a young age my affinity for the elements, though not all were as easy to conquer. Raiton in particular wasn’t an easy element I was able to grasp until my time as a chūnin and its power is not one to be trifled with.” He would linger his gaze on the smoking trees before continuing, a somber look on his face as it reminded him of the destruction hidden behind the newly erected buildings and roads that were destroyed. “It wasn’t until I had grown and learned to see things from a new perspective that I was open to the change required to access the new element. It was a similar case for another element, though that was a less enjoyable experience.” He thought about his sensei’s final moments as he looked him in the eye and said those final words and the subsequent rage from his loss that unlocked his birthright.

‘Tōri. You take it from here.’

With a single hand seal the burnt trees began to grow, as if decades of growth flew by in mere seconds. He decided to release a concentrated and lesser version of the technique, not wanting to turn the field into a cluttered forest. The burnt wood scabbed over but left behind clear scars as the trees flourished into giant mighty-limbed versions of themselves. “No shinobi escapes unscathed, unscarred. But if you have the grit and resolve even the smallest sapling can grow to a mighty oak.”

Trained:
    - Wood Release: Nativity of a Sea of Trees (B-Rank) | 389/200 WC

Chakra: 137 / 320

Techniques:

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Sera Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:48 pm

It was an interesting experience to watch her new teacher explain his own past; his face seeming to hang onto the memories. The journey from awakening one element to the next seemed to take place when major life decisions happened or occurred around you. Though that also may just be the case for a small portion of shinobi out there. Sera had naturally realized her affinity with lightning, but had attempted to use other elements at the time. It seemed it would be an indeterminate amount of time before she unlocked her next element.

Sera’s introspection was cut short as Tori began to weave a new handseal and trees began to erupt around the environment, replacing the burnt wood with fresh life. Tori delivered a line of inspiration clearly speaking from experience and Sera tried to absorb it all. Its true that life’s hardships made one strong, but she was still young. Blessedly, her life had primarily taken place in the woods away from conflict. She was relatively unscarred at this point in time, but she was constantly mentally preparing herself for the future.

As the wood technique erupted around them, Sera tried to think on what element that arose from. It had to be some sort of kekkai genkai since it didn’t fall under any of the other normal elements. Even though it may have been rude to ask, she felt it was a safe enough question for her new teacher.

“How can you create these trees? Is it part of a kekkai genkai?”

Without waiting for an answer, she would blink and activate her own ability; causing her eyes to glow a bright purple, decorated with geometric shapes.

“I belong to the Subetemiru clan which gives me these special eyes.” She thought it was fair to ask such a personal question if she offered up the same information. Fair is fair right?

---------------------
    Chakra Points:
    91.8/110

Techniques Used:
    Yogen no Me (KKG)

Stats:
    Spoiler:

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Tōri Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:39 pm

The curiosity persisted as the inquisitive Sera asked about the unfamiliar element, correctly surmising it to be a bloodline ability. With only a small pause after her question Sera’s eyes then lit up with a brilliant purple, revealing her own kekkei genkai. Little was documented about it, he knew that she had some form under control but unsure on any details beyond it being dōjutsu based. It would seem that few from her clan became shinobi, it would be interesting indeed to see what potential lies in store with her own heritage.

“Very perceptive, it indeed is part of a kekkei genkai. The element’s name is mokuton, us senju have the ability to combine doton and suiton into this new form. With it we can create wood and trees from our own bodies or the environment. I’m curious, what sort of aid do your eyes grant you when like that. I can imagine having keen eyes for an archer is helpful indeed.”

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Sera Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:55 am

Ah! She knew it! Her teacher readily admitted the wood ninjutsu had been created via a kekkai genkai element; Mokuton. With all of the destruction that could occur in the shinobi world, an ability that could create seemed especially useful. Sera looked around the training grounds and extended her enhanced gaze into the forest, admiring the hundreds of trees that surrounded them.  She wondered if perhaps the reason Konohagakure was so full of life had to do with these Mokuton wielders. If every battle ended with destroying plant life, with no way of bringing it back, it would take ages for a forest to be remade.

While she was admiring the element she would never get her hands on, Tori inquired about her own ability.  With a sheepish smile she would respond in kind.

“My kekkai genkai is the ‘Yogen no Me’. It enhances my ability to see and track objects with my eyes. Perfect for hunting, hence the archery.” She would gesture towards her bow as she talked.

“Supposedly, there are more capabilities that are hidden within these eyes, but I’m still in the process of getting used to them.”

She paused, unsure if what she would say next would sound bad or justified.

“I’ve heard stories of people getting abducted due to their kekkai genkai, so I don’t just walk around with my technique active all the time.”

Sera began to stutter as she frantically tried to correct herself.

“N-not that I think anyone in Konohagakure would attack me! I know its safe here! B-but still…”

The fumbling kunoichi put her hand up and covered her mouth before she could make anymore of a fool of herself.

Oh geez, don’t piss off the higher ups Sera…

---------------------
    Chakra Points:
    91.6/110

Techniques Used:
    Yogen no Me (KKG)

Stats:
    Spoiler:

Leaf Jounin
    Leaf Jounin

Post by Tōri Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:52 am

These purple eyes had a slight geometric pattern to them Tōri realized, as surmised they were keen eyes indeed from the quick description. It was a mystery to Sera too what lies in store with these special eyes, it would be quite fascinating to see the development of this unknown power. It could be one of the strongest clans in the village without anyone knowing. He wondered just how far his student was willing to push herself, not wanting to burden her with too much too quickly.

It seems Sera had also learned how highly coveted a kekkei genkai can be in the shinobi world, though thankfully it sounded less like she had an experience herself where her eyes were sought after. Feeling a surge of protectiveness over his new student he quickly went to dispel this worry, at least any amount. “Yes, it has been known for other villages to seek out the kekkei genkai from their enemies. Thankfully we are not engaged in any hostile activities with any of the major villages at the moment, so there is little worry to be had in these times.” They were only words, but he hoped they would put Sera’s anxious sounding thoughts to bed, or at least feel sleepy.

The mention of not worrying from her fellow konoha-nin was clearly an overcorrection on her part, something she seemed to get shy over with her words tumbling over one another. “No, no, it’s quite alright to feel how you feel with this topic. It is a sobering thought indeed, but you’re not alone Sera. The leaf would sooner become the village with their head in the sand then let our shinobi suffer such a fate.”

Leaf Genin
    Leaf Genin

Character File

Post by Sera Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:24 am

The worry that shinobi from other villages might try to steal her eyes was a real one, but it was nice to hear that Konohagakure would protect their own. Although there wasn’t any outright war that Sera was currently aware of, she would still remain vigilant. As a hunter, she knew that the element of surprise was invaluable and that if war were to be declared, it would be after a surprise attack of some sort. Her teacher reassured her that her worries were good to have, but not to let the anxiety overwhelm her. Unlike while hunting alone in the woods, there were allies here to protect each other from becoming prey themselves.

“Do you have any general tips from your experience as a shinobi?”

Being a veteran shinobi with their own kekkai genkai, there had to be something that helped him stay alive amidst the countless missions he had gone on. Anything and everything would help since she hadn’t gone on any missions yet herself!

“You’ve already helped me alot today. I was just curious if there was anything in particular that you wish you would have known when you were a genin.”

Feeling like the practice portion of training was nearing its end, Sera would blink and deactivate her ocular ability.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:58 pm