Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Leaf Dance

Tatsuya
    Tatsuya

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu. Fuuinjutsu, Sensory, Doton, Katon, Lava,
    Class: S
    Ryo: 100,000

Leaf Dance Empty Leaf Dance

Post by Tatsuya Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:50 am

Whether it was working at the forge or happen to take a day off. Rin never stops training since believing that he can't improve by sitting and twiddling his thumbs. Plus Koyasu once told him that if Rin practiced and refined his swordsmanship for a whole year then he’ll become an expert on it. Somewhat of a trivial wish motivation, but it was a goal for Rin to strive for. Ninjutsu, as far as Rin is aware, is not exactly his strong suit nor has he discovered his element.

Once again Rin is attending to the largest training ground konoha has to offer. Only this time Rin stands on the body of clear water. The youth decided to challenge himself today for not only learning a new fighting style, but to simultaneously keep himself on the water’s surface as well. It sounded simple at first, and it proved to be simple through minimal effort to Rin. Though as time passed it grew increasingly difficult.

Through his mother, Rin heard of a fighting style that consisted of two bladed weapons. Whether it was a wakizashi, tanto, katana, or a combination of them. All it matters was swift coordination and being a bit ambidextrous too. So Rin trains with identical wakizashi in each hand. His movement average in terms of speed until he strikes as fast as a viper. The iron sings into the air as Rin slices through the empty space. Each step was followed with grace as Rin danced over the surface.

The young Rin stood five feet and three inches to be precise. A recent growth spurt caused what he originally was four foot ten inches to almost looking like a teen. His warm black hair damped from the occasional mist spraying on his body as the dark locks fall down to his shoulders. Rin’s physique appears to be taking on the early stage of lithe body build. Garbed on his person is a simple sleeveless sand-colored shirt with a pair of grey slacks. The once pants had the sleeves cut to where it covers just below the knee. On his shins is a pair of hard leather shin guards, and his arms is covered with steel arm guards. Of course he wore a belt which held two holsters which contains the short scabbards to Rin’s wakizashi, and above the left cheek is his hip pouch.

397/150

Spoiler:
    Sera O'Tem
    Sera O'Tem

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Ninjutsu , Kenjutsu
    Class: D
    Ryo: 20,225

Leaf Dance Empty Re: Leaf Dance

Post by Sera O'Tem Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:30 am

Sera lets out a long Groan as she rolls over in her bed. She quickly swings her fist outwards and slams it into her wall. “NO, back off! ~” She Yells at the empty room.  Her eyes now wide open scanning her dark bedroom. . . .  * Sera Looks at her hand for a moment then to the hole she put in her wall “Moth#$ &*$%er” She Swears shaking her hand trying quickly to numb the pain.  Sera Then Sighs loudly before rolling out of bed to her feet” That’s going to be hard to Explain. . .” * Sera roams quietly out of her room in her Nightie and looks into the fridge before grabbing something to eat.

Sitting down to eat she takes a bit of the leftovers placing down her food and rubs her temples, another nightmare, it seems they come and go but always left her feeling so vulnerable. “ Perhaps I need to. . . “ Her sentence trails of before she takes another bite of food.

Finishing up her breakfast she  got ready for the day, it was going to have to be a day of training to offset her insecurity.  Armed with her Nodachi and a few bottles of water she tossed her bag over her shoulder and rested her hand on the hilt of her blade locking her apartment door behind her.
    Walking down to the southwest side of the village she moved quietly through the morning dew as she worked her way towards the third training grounds.  It seemed to be a popular but sera didn’t think most people would be out this early.

Upon Reaching the Training grounds Sera moved her bag off her shoulder and down to the grass beside a small tree, “ well i'll be damned what do we have here?” She Says Softly under her breath as she spies a young boy with a sword. He seemed young but he seemed like he was quite decent with a weapon

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:46 am

The morning crisp air hung with mild humidity as the sun was barely rising above the treetops. Casting long shadows over the training grounds from the trees, yet if one pays attention these shadows gradually grow shorter. Sounds of water overlapping each other as Rin steps forward on the surface with chakra supporting his weight. Youth and passion seem to resonate with the boy’s movements as he swings one wakizashi in a low arc while bringing the second to follow with a thrust. Rin’s hazel blue-green eyes looking forward as he tried to follow his strikes. It finally occurred to the genin that something was off since normally he would be fast and accurate, yet when it comes to blades Rin’s accuracy and attacking speed is faster than what he should be able to.

Before Rin could press on the issue a presence came into his sensory range. A ping like a chime jingling with the wind sprung into his mind. “It has been a while since this place was visited by someone else other than myself.” Rin spoke up loud enough for whoever came to the training grounds to hear without straining. Granted he did this without looking up from nor stopping his movements until he took a final step back. Lowering his arms, Rin lets out a soft sigh before he looks over to the presence. The presence was identified to be an adult, or at least older than he. She possessed dark locks that are darker shade than his own hair, and while Rin’s eyes are mixed with blue and green this woman’s eyes are vividly green like he’s gazing into the forest itself.

However the one thing that Rin actually locks gaze at is the nodachi that she carries. Rin has held a nodachi though unfinished in the forge, and it was quite heavy to hold. Though perhaps it is because Rin is used to katana and equivalent length terms of blades. ‘Mayhap she’s a swordswoman? But i would’ve heard about another practicing kenjutsu.’ Or so Rin thought, but he settled that maybe she studied the art in secret. Some people do like to keep their skills wrapped up in secrecy or just wasn’t worth mentioning by others.

Regardless Rin stowed his two weapons into their scabbards hanging from his belt. Then Rin looked off to the side for a moment before suppressing his chakra. Though even suppressing his chakra to avoid detection from other sensors it stimulates Rin’s nerves and sense of awareness. Walking on the water still, Rin would walk over to the shore where he at least dried his hair with a towel. Even though it was warm out here, it still wouldn’t hurt to be careful from a sudden temperature drop.

“I don’t know if you like to train alone or in groups of other people i don’t know. But it is a pleasure to meet you. I’m Rin, Rin Uchiha. May i ask for you name?” Rin asked the lady as he was still drying off the ends of his hair. To be honest if she was training with other people Rin would probably ask if he could attend as well. It has been a while since he’s trained with anybody other than Koyasu. Still the boy held his neutral amount of respect and manners that he gives to everybody he meets for the first time.

Renown: 0
    Stats:

• Strength: C
    • Constitution: B
    • Stamina: A
    • Speed: C
    • Coordination: A
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: B

Limit Break Points:

• Physical: 0
    • Technique: 0
    • Destiny: 0

Link to Character Updates: Updated Sheet
    Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t5187-tatsuya-tatsuda?nid=648#40721
    Link to Known Techniques:
    Sera O'Tem
    Sera O'Tem

Character File

Post by Sera O'Tem Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:40 am

Sera Watched quietly as she was seemingly spotted, not that she had tried to cover her presence but it was impressive all the same to see someone that young out before the sun hard at work.  It took her back to her upbringing, it wasn’t uncommon to wake up with the sun as most of the O’Tem Clan did.  In her time since Leaving the Clan and coming the hidden leaf, she had the leisure of sleeping in, but it wasn’t a Leisure she enjoyed as much as was annoyed when she slept too long.  
    The young man Dried off and approached slightly calling out to her, to which she could only smile, he seemed quite friendly as well. “I suppose that’s fair, its rather large for most people to train all by their Lonesome, but more curiously you seem quite young to be out here at this time, have you slept yet?”  Sera Askes as she leans down and pulling a water bottle from her bag.

Sera’s Green eyes scan over the boy as he got closer, and in response she moved closer as well. She shifted her weight from her right foot to her left, rolling up the sleeves of her forest green jacket. Before she moves towards Rin who introduced himself quite confidently. “ I Don’t mind either, I mean the company is always nice.” * She nods at his name “And it is a pleasure to meet you as well, Sera O’Tem, but please Sera is plenty fine for me.”  Sera offered a quick smile as she turned her gave outwards to the light just cutting past the treetops it sure was a nice morning for this, the grass was wet and the smell of rain still fresh in the air, until the sun would Inevitably chase it away.

Sera takes a deep breath and closes her eyes for a brief moment clearly enjoying the fresh air. Before her green eyes flash open again set upon Rin “Can I offer you a Water?” she askes moving to offer out the water bottle she had brought with her.  her other hand Nonchalantly resting over the handle of her long blade, strapped at the small of her back the strap itself seemed to run under her coat to fasten it to her shoulder, the Scabbard, a nice soft black with white and gold thread and The handle of the Nodachi looked to rather worn and old.

Sera would either give over the bottle of water or toss it back to her bag if it was declined. Before she rolled her shoulder back letting the crack slightly, before wrenching them forwards to allow her back to crack now. “ I didn’t mean to disrupt your training you are clearly devoted to your practise and I would hate to disturb your routine. If you don’t mind me being here I will practise stance and fundamentals  just off to the side there” Sera says motioning with her left hand to the one side of the clearing  still within view of the river  but not to close as to intrude upon Rin’s Previous Spot.  

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Rin would shrug his shoulder on the question as the towel sits on his head and both ends drapes over his shoulder. “I generally sleep come dusk because i train during the morning, but then i work at Hitsuro’s shop shortly before afternoon. So in short i have little time to train, but i’m not complaining much since there’s hardly anything for me to do.” Though Rin neglects to say that he sometimes train after working in the shop in addition to the morning training. It was all Rin could do to keep himself busy while his sensei is gone. Supposedly Tsuyo has recently returned, but Rin can’t seem to find her with all of the refugees coming in.

The kunoichi introduced herself as Sera O’Tem, but Rin doesn’t recognize the surname. Granted to be honest Rin expected a sudden shift in expression or even change in attitude when he mentioned the Uchiha name. Most people generally don’t like the Uchiha except for a select few. So the fact that Sera offered so much as a water bottle was surprising in a welcoming sense to Rin. “Rin is fine with me as well. I’ve never heard of that family name before. Is it a minor family name or recently found?” An innocent question on Rin’s part, but perhaps a personal one depending on how the other views it.

At first Rin would’ve declined the water, but at the same time he thought of how much sweat he produced as well. Of course he was going to just drink from the lake, but drinking a purified source of water would be more beneficial. “Sure, thanks for that.” Rin responded as he reached out for the bottle. When he drinks Rin makes sure to basically lift the top over his lips so it doesn’t actually touch it. A courtesy of sorts, and Rin was being modest when he drank three sips of it before putting the lid back and hands it back to Sera. To be honest Rin didn’t notice how thirsty he was, but some water in his system would keep it refreshed for the time being.

When Sera mentioned that she’ll be practising the fundamentals Rin actually got a bit excited since there was somebody else who practices swordsmanship. Was she better than Rin? He couldn’t tell, but since she was older than he Rin assumed that she is better in swordplay than himself. Plus it certainly beats than training by himself again. “Would… it be possible if i train with you?” A simple question, though Rin hesitated at first for a scenario popped into his mind where she said no. However being the optimistic Rin hopes that idea was just trying to psyche him out.

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Link to Character Application: https://gladiusnarutorp.forumotion.com/t5187-tatsuya-tatsuda?nid=648#40721
    Sera O'Tem
    Sera O'Tem

Character File

Post by Sera O'Tem Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Sera would have taken note of the Uchiha name, but it wasn’t something she cared for, it didn’t matter to her where someone came from. But more importantly she cared how they acted and how they responded to others.   “Well Rin” *she Says aloud trying out his name “My Former clan did not want to be part of the village, so when I left to seek out my own community beyond the compound I was one of the only to come to the village.  But let’s not bore you with the details.” Sera says calmly steering the conversation away from her complicated heritage and how disgraceful it might seem to others.

As Rin offered back her water she simply shook her head and didn’t take it “  I have more in my bag, its important to stay hydrated when training, your Physical Condition must be perfect to Physical Perfection, after all what are, are bodies if not organic machines.” Saia says softly as she looks to the area she was going to be using.  She then moves towards her bag once again leaning down to undo the laces on her boots and taking them off, pulling each sock off slowly before stretching her bare toes out grabbing at the grass with them.  She enjoyed the wet touch of the cold grass on her feet.  Before pulling the forehead protector that was originally tied loosely around her neck up and pulled her hair into a loose ponytail using the protector to held her hair from her face. “Most Certainly I welcome the company” she says as she takes her left hand to the side of her cheek before making a jerking motion and tilting her head to let out a sickening crack in her neck,  before doing it again on the opposite side.

“ I am not sure how it will work with two blades, but I welcome you to try all the same “ Sera says with a content smirk. She slowly walks across the grass and to the clearing in front of the river before drawing her Nodachi, from tip of the blade to the end of the handle was 4 ½ feet long making the sword just slightly shy of the height of Rin, its blade unlike its handle and sheath was extremely well maintained, it shinned in the suns light as it bathed the area just ahead of Sera.

Lifting the blade above her head she would grip the handle with both hands and lower the stance so her hands were level with her shoulder in a highland stance. And took a deep breath. “this is a stance used in meditation, great for conditioning your body to the weight of your weapon. It becomes and extension of yourself, a part of you in a sense” she says before letting out a deep breath and focusing her gaze on Rin again, making sure he was able to follow, and to see if he chose to use one blade or both.

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Rin listened without interrupted to what Sera said about how she was the only one who left a compound and traveled to this village. It would explain why Rin hasn’t heard of it since he doesn’t much outside the village other than the names of other villages and basic ecology. By now his body had cooled down enough to where it wasn’t burning a lot of energy. Still Rin couldn’t argue with Sera’s logic about hydration for it is possible he’ll need to drink some more. “That is true, well all the same i thank you for this.” Perhaps it is possible that he’s being too friendly, but if anything Rin feels like he’s being earned. Plus he has no reason to truly suspect anything from someone of his own village other than paranoia.

Seeing as she was straightening her form Rin checked his two wakizashi stowed onto his belt. Perhaps it is a bit odd for someone running around with two weapons since most people find it difficult to form signs when both hands are occupied. For Rin it was no problem since he only knows a handful of techniques that require signs. The majority of his arsenal is taijutsu and kenjutsu related. Still Rin can see a few loopholes in using that form of tactics, and they were just some he realized through his own perspective.

With Sera now ready with that large weapon in hand that honestly is about as tall as himself. Rin can see that in terms of strength Sera would win that contest, and so Rin decides to draw both of the weapons so there’s a wakizashi in each hand. The right wakizashi was drawn back towards his chest with the blade pointing at Sera while Rin turned to his side. Which narrows the target on his person. The left wakizashi is held a couple inches in front of him while reverted into a different position as the blade is pointed to his flank side.

“Whether it is with one blade or two. The stance necessary has many factors to consider since it can be from the way you’re standing and the way you’re positioning yourself. A heavier weapon requires strength for if you’re not careful you’ll swing too slow and your target would slip under you.” Rin pointed out as he may be young, but he’s not stupid in that field. “These blades are shorter than a katana, but in truth they’re just right for this occasion. Shorter reach they have, but i can easily change that without altering the weight.” The left wakizashi was starting to twirl and dance between his fingers as it traveled from the palm to be held only by the pinky and ring finger. Then Rin twirled the blade traveling up until it is perfectly balanced on his index finger. A flashy display perhaps, but it was to demonstrate how light it was for Rin knows that one cannot do that it with a nodachi. Still the boy placed the left wakizashi back at the palm of his hand where it previously snuggled.

Rin’s Stats

Spoiler:

Effects
    Spoiler:

Techniques Used
    Chakra Suppression (Sensory Tech) | 0 Cost

Stamina
    40/40

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Sera O'Tem
    Sera O'Tem

Character File

Post by Sera O'Tem Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Sera held the stance as she watched Rin maneuver the weapons he was training with earlier, he had a different style from Sera but it wasn’t unlike any other dual wielder she had seen. But it was still impressive by any means that he was that coordinated, as Sera herself was never able to handle two weapons in unity, she always had one hand lack its potential, perhaps it was because she wasn’t ambidextrous as some of her former clanmates. Sera listened carefully as Rin mentioned why he chose the weapons he did, what he said made a lot of sense the Sera after all she had been raised with weapons herself and he seemed to know quite a bit for his age, unless he was just repeating a speech he had gotten when training before.

Sera takes a deep breath before moving her large blade into on hand holding it out vertically then extending her hand out as far as she could be supporting the weight of her large blade with the one hand before letting out a long-drawn breath. “it is good you know what your style is, it is something it that takes time to learn. I have to say I’m a little envious that you are capable of using two weapons, I tired for a long time but never quite developed the Coordination for it.”

Sers admits as she silently counts up to 60 holding the blade out to make its weight tenfold. She would then Repeat the process keeping an eye on Rin as he maneuvered his blades and had pointed a blade in her direction. More so watching to make sure he wasn’t intending to spar as part of the training, she hadn’t really specified she wouldn’t but she didn’t really want to. But either way she was prepared to block an incoming attack despite he extremely open and vulnerable looking position.
    “ I was 15 before I was able to even lift this, and I have come a really long way in a short 4 years, I cant even imagine where you’ll be at my age.” She says before moving the blade back into the highland stance, she then in a quick motion she would swing the blade upwards in a blocking motion as if she was attacked from above, then down as if to block a attack from below, she then Repeated the process, taking a large breath as she blocked above and let it out as she dropped it down for the lower one.

After a Few Set of this she would stop for a moment spinning the large blade out to the side before she turns it backhanded and then into the sheath. “I chose this weapon over others because I am Stronger then I am Quick and Rely almost too much on breaking through blocks rather then going around them'. A bead of sweat would roll down her forehead at this point and on to her nose, where she blew a quick breath of air up and dispersed the droplet into a mist out into the air in front of her.

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:34 pm

“I had a lot of time on my hands so i pretty much had it figure out before i picked these things up. I’ll admit that i’m used to the size of katana, but i wanted to get a feel for this style so i started on it this morning.” Rin spoke in response. Rather bluntly admitting he only started today, but then again when working under someone who works on weapons, armor, and other metalwork. It doesn’t really take a genius to wonder where Rin got that much information from the weapons themselves. However so far he’s neglected to say that he’s an apprentice of the local blacksmith.

“When i use the katana i’ve been comfortable holding it with either hand, but i suppose it is not for everyone. Still that doesn’t make me exactly strong in terms of strength. Dual wielding increases your ferocity in sheer speed with multiple combos and nearly endless barrage of attacks. However if you swung that sword at me any chance of blocking it is pretty much futile because of the difference in terms of weight and strength. Which is why evasion is usually key to avoid unnecessary pain.” The young man explained as he seems to know his stuff, but in truth he’s just saying this out of evaluation from his own clones and taking time to point out potential flaws. Sure his mother might have mentioned about the style and while she was training by herself Rin memorized her stance. So he practically copied her stance, though she didn’t intentionally taught him the twin divide because his mother felt that he wasn’t coordinated enough to learn it.

“I wonder…” Looking down at his own blades they are pretty ordinary as if they’re from the local market quality. Rin closed his eyes as he brought both weapons up at chest level to form a cross of sorts. At first nothing seemed to happen as Rin was molding chakra in his body before guiding it to both hands. The two weapons reacted to the chakra as the iron blades began to give off a pale blue glow that appears to be nearly transparent. In addition it appears that both wakizashi length has increased 5 inches which borderline qualifies them as katanas. Rin opened his eyes as he maintained the connection to his blades. Then Rin gave a grin to Sera as he balanced one of the chakra coated wakizashi on his index finger at the same spot as last time. Meaning that the weight has not changed.

“If you concentrate your chakra you can give your weapon additional abilities. All i can do at the moment is increase the length and keen enough to sever chakra strings. But i do know that you can give it more abilities by applying your element to it.” Rin explained as he was more or less showing Sera a technique she might find useful. In truth it has many uses, but for now Rin can only do the base form. “I wish i had 4 years to learn this stuff. I was still in the academy by that point.” Rin was envious that Sera was able to hold something like that. Of course Rin has a feeling he could momentarily gain greater strength by utilizing certain posture and technique. Still it is not a constant and it has limited uses.

Even standing this far away Rin can feel the shift in the wind from each swing of Sera’s nodachi. Viewing how she was moving it seems that Sera was practicing to block both upper and lower attacks. His eyes were sharp as they followed each swing and the way her muscles tense when lifting the nodachi. The style itself wasn’t wrong for it was necessary to treat the nodachi as a heavy weapon. However there were holes that Rin felt like he needed to poke to ensure Sera’s survival in future missions. “You might want to get yourself some armor around the arms and torso. Shin guards would be good too at least until you get faster in your attacks. I only say this because if someone like me were to attack one blade would come to here…”

Rin slowly as if this was a play on a amphitheater brings right wakizashi to gently stop on Sera’s nodachi as she held it over her shoulder. “But then a problem occurs unless you’re good on evasion with some taijutsu my second blade simultaneously could strike here.” Rin poised the left wakizashi at Sera’s chest level as he was trying to broaden her awareness. The boy holds little to no signs of aggression, but then again Rin wants to see if he can compete against another kenjutsu user. Regardless Rin would retract his arms and take a step back to let Sera continue her regimen. Perhaps Sera was already aware of it, but Rin really was looking out for her safety. Though in truth Tsuyo would no doubt be rough with her training sessions. Then again the Hyuga hates the Uchiha in general so Rin being tutored by the head of Hyuga was practically asking for a beating.

“Breaking through someone’s guard is all well and good. But i’m afraid strength alone won’t cut it. My sensei, Tsuyo Hyuga, would have demonstrated my point on that. If you’re swinging too slow with your strength then you’ll be wasting energy and get tired quicker than if your attacks connected.” The boy was realizing after saying this that he was starting to sound like his mother. “Erm… sorry i don’t mean to criticize you. Nodachi is great when overcoming someone like myself in sheer strength. But because of the weight and necessary strength required to wield it. My eyes alone can see where your biceps tense from the effort of moving your weapon. And that is at the beginning of it too…” Rin stopped himself as he placed a hand over his mouth. He knows criticizing too much would anger the other, and since he viewed the perspective of someone older than himself it seems unreal to believe a word he’s saying due to how young he is. “I’m sorry…”

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Sera O'Tem
    Sera O'Tem

Character File

Post by Sera O'Tem Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:17 pm

Rin started to speak to Sera, he went off on topics that touch on his style and how he just started with the blades he had only this morning which was impressive still, but most people could use different weapons, though Sera favoured her mothers blade she was fairly proficient with the polearms and  moderate with throwing weapons but she let Rin continue,  there was just something so passionate about the way he worded everything he clearly knew a lot for a kid so young and it just made Sera’s already present smile grow as she listened to him,  towards the end of his rant she her face almost hurt from how long she had been holding the smile. It made her happy to be lectured. It almost always did even when she was younger.

When someone spent the time to explain to her where you went wrong they simply cared enough for you that they would spend their finite time telling you how to get better.  They were essentially investing their life into you to help you improve, or at least this is how Sera seen it.

She had continued on her drills shifting stances a few times as Rin continued to speak about her open spots, as lecture she had hear many times, it was rather cute, how he pointed out the flaw in the block, but a ridiculous idea to think those were the only blocking methods available for her to use, of course If the strikes were different the blocks would move to compensate in a sweeping motion of backing up  or Sera would simply take the flesh wound so she could cut him in half with a swing. But never the less she simply smiled as he talked.  Towards the end he seems ot trailed off into a Sorry~

“ nope I’m going to stop you right there,  never be sorry, this is clearly a passion of yours and you.  From what I can tell are rather knowledgeable of the subject, you are lecturing me despite the age difference and your not wrong. Please continue, anyone one stupid enough to not listen to you is not worth your time Rin.” * she says after sheathing her blade before wrenching her back to the side to let out another sickening crack.  A bad habit she head started at a young age, now seemed to be the only way to cope with the build up of pressure in her bones.

“ Also A Word of Advise, never apologize for your good intentions, it shows weakness and compliance and you are Strong and independent, even I can see that”  Sera says as she leans down into the grass. Laying flat on her stomach before she pushes of the ground from a laying down position to the standing stance with her blade out in quick motion. Before she would resheath her blade and then ay back down,  now her  coat was covered in a dampness and it showed in the contrast on her dry parts.  

“ You make a very good point about the armour though, it has been a thought I had for a long time but my family believed heavily in not needing them as they make you louder, slower and you become reliant on them, its something I. . . * she quickly stands up into another sweeping slash motion before containing her sentence almost in a straining sounding voice as she leans back down and gets back flat on her stomach “ something I have been looking into  but I need to go on some missions to get a little extra cash, after all you wouldn’t want to cheap out on something like armour as after all it’s a life saver I need to be able to trust in it” * she says swinging up into another sweeping slash this time the tip of her blade catch’s the grass in front of her cutting a few strands.  They seemed to fly upwards into the breeze cause by her blade moving.  She then sheaths her blade and looks towards Rin. “ dare I say, its quite adorable though that you feel the need to teach me, its not that I don’t think your capable but It seems like we were both raised to wield weapons in the name of our home and in favour of those who cant protect themselves, I wouldn’t want you to get the impression I don’t take you seriously, but most of the points you raised  though correct have been considered previously and have been addressed and Its not that I wont listen again but id rather you saved your breath for practicing your own techniques. You can’t become the best by standing there watching me” she says with a slightly teasing tone towards the end of her statement.

Sera places her right arm up and over her left shoulder, bracing her arm at the elbow with her left arm before pulling he right arm up a bit more, stretching out her muscles a bit, before swapping arms “ tell me Rin what is it you fight for?” She says casually, despite the question being quite complicated.  Sera continued onto different stretches in her upper body before leaning down and getting into a position that you would do push ups from before lifting herself up and planking, she would old this for quite a long time, so they could talk while training, most often her training wasn’t this eventful and she was starting to enjoy it.

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:42 am

Rin listened as Sera began giving her own input. A passion over weaponry might be a stretch on Rin’s part, but least to say he takes pride in his strengths when he can find it. The two blades had the veil of chakra shimmer before fading away. Rin shut off the flow of chakra for it is helpful in a pinch, and he doesn’t know if he needs that amount of chakra later on today. In comparison a lot of people around his age are usually fascinated with some form of ninjutsu and Rin could not compete with that. So he skipped those lessons and focused almost entirely on taijutsu and kenjutsu.

“Well i know some people who get a bit ticked off when a kid is giving them a lecture.” Rin responded upon hearing Sera’s advice. Though a small hint of blush appears on his cheeks for in truth he always thought he was stuck. Now he has access to things that he originally thought were impossible for him to do. “I am pretty sure you were already aware of what i said, and i remember you saying that you were only practicing fundamentals. So i guess i shouldn’t be poking at something when it is just basic stuff.” The boy shifted his eyes over to the water and then shifted them over to the three logs that stood over the ground. None were good targets to really try out this style, but then he wondered what if he could use his clones.

This was right when Sera started to lay flat only to spring back to her feet with an immediate sweep of her sword wrenched out of her scabbard before stowing it away. Then hearing Sera agree with what Rin was saying about armor actually made Rin feel like maybe it was a good idea to give his insight. “If an armor is flapping around you then it just means that it is not fitted to you. Leather pieces have boiled hard leather mostly with softer leather around the joints. Take my guards for example.” Rin shows off one of his arm guards of steel to Sera as she sprang up to her feet and minding to stay out of her sword’s reach. The boy waved his extended arm, yet there was no sound to be heard from it. “Metal armor should not be making noise unless you’re walking in suits of armor or someone is taking a stick and beating you with it. If it does for some odd reason i recommend Hitsuro, the local blacksmith around here in the village.”

Of course Rin was still listening to what Sera said afterward as he gives a nod in agreement. “If you’re going to buy armor you might as well get something that is dependable enough to save your live. Some people care way too much about appearance.” For example of some odd requests that offer little protection and includes multiple fabric designs. Hitsuro still completed that contract, but Rin neglects to see the point of it. “If you’re looking into missions then maybe i can help you? The reward would be the same for both of us, and eventually we might get paired up into teams even for a single mission. Even if it is just… scrubbing paint…” It still baffles Rin how many times the village gets vandalized with painting of various stuff. None were easy to scrub off, but thankfully it is usually on stone and concrete which makes things a little easier.

“Well you don’t get this far without training hard, but then again i just met you with little knowledge. I assumed your practically skilled with that weapon, but i didn’t want to be assume wrongly.” Rin expressed his reasons, but in truth he was making sure Sera was proficient not just swinging that large weapon around. For if they did go on missions at one point Rin wanted to make sure she could effectively block against a fast attacker like himself. “Best safe than sorry i suppose. To be honest there is still value in watching someone. You learn how they move and judge how they will react to certain situations. Or do what i did is watch your mother train at the backyard of your home and copy her stance.”

“But you are right. I wonder what sort of target would be good for me…” Rin stepped back a couple of meters before forming the rat sign. Producing five ordinary clones next to him, Rin had mentally directed them to charge at him until Sera asked what he fought for. In which case all five clones stopped as soon as they moved. “Fight for… It’ll be fight to protect those who can’t protect themselves. If they can’t raise a blade then i’ll do it for them. If they lack belief in themselves then i fight for them. In short, i fight for the village and the people in it. Including capable individuals such as yourself Sera.”

Possibly strong words for a twelve year old to produce, but Rin felt right about it. The words felt like it expressed what he truly is as well as give off his motive. Rin got into his stance he previously held and five clones began to charge at him. In Rin’s eyes he crouched low while spinning to stab his left wakizashi into clone (1)’s knee before sweeping an extended leg to clash against clone (2)’s ankle. Maintaining balance on one foot, Rin sprung up to his feet while simultaneously slicing at the palm side of clone (2)’s forearm with the right wakizashi before it comes around to stab clone (1) on the back. With left wakizashi “wrenched” free from the knee, Rin swung that arm with his right wakizashi ahead. So the left wakizashi cut into clone (2)’s neck just enough to sever a jugular vein.

Rin brought his left wakizashi over his head where he would’ve blocked clone (3)’s imitated wakizashi. Seeing clone (4) coming at him from the right with an attempted thrust, Rin forced the locked blades downward by simply angling the wakizashi downward as the tip of Rin’s blade connects the tsuba. Preventing it any closer as Rin pushed the backside of the opposing blade downward to clash against 4’s attack. This had caused the right wakizashi enough time to wrench out and arc horizontally to cut into 4’s neck. Due to it being a mere clone, the blade easily cleaves through. There was a second reason for this maneuver as 3 was attempting a thrust at Rin’s naval with its second wakizashi. However Rin altered his blade just enough to where the tip of Rin’s right wakizashi would clash at the flat of the incoming blade. Applying enough force to push it away to side so that the clone would’ve missed Rin. Unfortunately for 3 Rin took the very short gap to slam his shoulder into the clone’s chest with 5 right behind it. Using most of his attacking speed Rin swung both weapons horizontally at stomach level in a scissor formation. When Rin had sliced into the clone’s stomach region he quickly cocked his arms back just enough to apply the same force and speed again. Only this time Rin stabbed both wakizashi into 3’s chest, and from the previous attacks 3 had collided against 5. So Rin quickly extended the reach of his weapons through use of chakra flow as the chakra length of his wakizashi pierce through the back of 5.

To Sera if she watched, aside from movements such as stepping, crouching, and rising up which she could witness as average. Yet each time Rin attacked it only looked like she was chasing his shadow and before Sera knows it Rin had dealt with all 5 clones as they finally disperse into smoke. Leaving Rin alone as he began to lower his arms and takes in a deep breath. “My mother is still better at this than me to be honest.”

Stats

Spoiler:

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Sera O'Tem
    Sera O'Tem

Character File

Post by Sera O'Tem Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:56 am

Sera listened as she held her planking state, she could feel it starting to burn as she held her weight up, it hadn’t been an extremely long time, and it wasn’t like she couldn’t continue but she felt the need to stand up after a few minutes. Rin was quite capable despite his age, but she had heard the Uchiah were quite renown for their Extraordinary abilities. But that didn’t mean anything more then he might have a head start on someone else. At least he took his training Seriously and with a thirst for more.
    Sera had watched Rin create the shadow clones and fought them all off, it was impressive, he was quick and cunning, nimble and precise, it was at this point Sera came the realization that maybe fate head brought them together, she had a dream that left her feeling weak and vulnerable and here stood an almost child who could likely best her in combat. What would that mean if she was on a real mission where her life was in danger, maybe she was too relaxed in her training, had she simply plateaued.
    “ I would like that “ She mentions getting to her feet and looking at her hands, and the scars that ran along the back of her hand from the countless beatings she had undertaken as part of her training, how nice it would have been to be able to watch someone’s technique and be able to mimic it even if it wasn’t 100% accurate. Sera had rigorous training since she was a child but that seemingly got her only so far. “ and I think ill look up Hitsuro, it never hurts to look at what I might want and see what my possibilities are”
    Sera mowed over the statement Rin had said, he basically wanted to be strong to aid everyone else. Which though was noble didn’t feel like a real answer, but more of a cop out for a true desire. So Sera decided to pick at that and see what his responses might be “is that what you really want to fight for or is that what you have been told you are to fight for, Desire and duty rarely coincide. I mean it’s a noble cause, but it will get you killed, or will kill countless others for a reason, so what im asking is that really what youd kill for? “

Sera moved down towards her bag going to grab a different bottle of water and took a quick Drink from it before she would untie her sheath and placed her Nodachi on top of her bag to keep it out of the wat grass. Before moving back towards Rin. She kept her distance before she would sit down cross-legged and took a long drawn out breath and holds it for a moment before letting it out. She seemed like she was starting a meditation session but kept her eyes open and watched the surroundings and what Rin was doing.

“Are you going to Hitsuro’s shop after your done training for the day or do you have time in-between?” She asked as she wrapped her arms up around her self almost hugging herself with her hands clasped on the opposite elbow and lowered her head slightly, still listening to the area around them.

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:43 pm

“Hitsuro knows a lot of stuff in regards of crafting weapons and armor. Though he also makes various other metal items too.” Rin spoke when Sera expressed interest on stopping by the shop. In most times of the day Rin is at the shop, though some might say that it’s kind of bad when a genin is spending nearly all of his time on training whether it is kenjutsu, taijutsu, or even learning about metals and to work the forge in more ways than one. If one was to ask how often Rin even comes home it would be only night time or close to dusk when he finally gets home. Even then he bathe, eat, and then sleep. Only to wake up a little bit before dawn to head for the training grounds to train. In short he’s pretty dedicated with this line of work.

“Well if i don’t fight to protect my mother of all people then i would be a terrible person. Considering she raised me by herself all these years i figured to at least get strong enough to protect her.” Which was the truth for Rin can spew any sort of fluffed words about justice, nobility, and so on. However if he lacks the power to back it up, then it’ll be like Sera just said. Either Rin would die from it, or countless others die in the process of his lack of strength. “Death is inevitable for it is something all who live share a weakness. I would be lying if i thought these words myself, but there multiple dangers in this world. Of course i won’t limit myself to this village for the Land of Fire is technically our domain as well. But for the current moment i fight to protect my mum and sensei the most.”

Rin took a moment of pause as he stowed his right wakizashi to bring out the water bottle. Where he’ll take a sip or two before topping the lid back. “In technicality i do have time in between, but if i don’t squeeze in those few minutes of extra training then i just head to the shop early. Aside from training and attending to the shop i don’t really have much to do.” The genin answered Sera’s question. Perhaps it is Rin’s turn to ask a question since Sera has been the one asking and he’s been responding. “Are you part of a team yet?”

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Sera O'Tem
    Sera O'Tem

Character File

Post by Sera O'Tem Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:14 am

“ Though I cant afford it yet id still like to look, it would be nice to see the selection as well, get a sense of motivation towards getting something new and unique” *she says with her eyes now closed, her breathing controlled as she takes one breath, then holds it and then takes a second breath still holding the first, pushing her body to use the air she had provided, before  letting them both out.  Breathing in combat was just as important as being skilled with your weapon, for if you were out of breath or showed you were tired your opponent can easily take advantage and overwhelm you.  
    Sera still listened to Rins response. To her previous question.  “Rin you are far purer in purpose then most, and I can respect that.” * Sera says as she leans forwards for a moment still using the odd breathing pattern before grasping at the grass and pushing her hand into the dirt beneath, gathering a hand full of dark moist soil, splitting them up into both hands she returned to a cross-legged position this time running her thumb through the dirt. “And those who you fight for should feel honored to even have met you, I certainly am, you’re a good kid, and I can’t say I have met too many young men such as yourself so focused and determined.”  She listened with her eyes closed not really able to pin point where he was moving around, despite focusing on it, he was simply to silent for her to track with hearing alone, a good quality for a Shinobi in its self.

Sera only was able to pin point where he had gone when he spoke between the water break.  Which she responded with a smile and a slight nod. “Fair enough, I was just curious, perhaps one day we can go for a tea or coffee, when you’re not busy, my treat of course.” *Sera maintained her breathing despite talking, an exercise her grandfather would have taught her to do even in sleep if he could have, he swore by the technique and would insist.  

Surprising enough Rin sked a question, it wasn’t a complicated one by any means but sera wasn’t sure what to say. “ I . hmm.  Its complicated but being accepted so late into my life compared to someone like yourself, I have been hard to fit into a team.  But I’m sure eventually they will find some people . . . So in short no I do not” she says very matter of fact-like as she opens her eyes and drops the dirt to the side of her and claps her hands in the futile attempt to clean her hands. Before lunging to her feet and wiping her hands off on her thighs. “Did you want to try another exercise?” *she asked as she placed her hands together ready to hand sign “I can Create walls and you can do your best to break through them, though I don’t think you will be unable I will likely struggle to keep up with you,  but  no going around them you have to go through them alright?”

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:59 am

Rin listened as a soft breeze combs through the field and gently ruffles his hair. It brought a chill on his body as the body heat has lowered since Rin took some time to somewhat rest. Granted he burned some energy with the display of swiftly taking care of those 5 clones. Even with that Rin doesn’t feel completely satisfied since they were just clones. They weren’t actually people or other creatures of the wild. So it didn’t actually feel to Rin that he’s improving much.

“Really?” The kid spoke as he listened to what Sera said about not meeting to many people that are as determined and focused as he. His head tilts slightly despite the fact she wouldn’t be able to see his confused face. At the same time Rin can agree that he hasn’t exactly met too many people especially around his age that holds equivalent amount of motivation. “I figured there would be other people who share those things. I mean why else would they spend years in the Academy and maybe a year or two as a genin?” Rin took a moment to remember some ‘customers’ who came to the shop and literally demanded from the kid to give them his best weapons in stock. Just like any other time Rin declined them, and to find out they were middle class folk trying to throw their family’s name around.

“Of course there are greedy folk, so i guess it is not surprising.” Which brings to Rin’s realization just how much of a rarity he is. Sera mentioned that she could not imagine what he would be like when he’s 15. At first Rin honestly thought she was just taunting him so Rin had brushed it off before, but now thinking back on it Rin pictures that he’s at least chunin. “The future is never written in stone for it constantly changes until it becomes the present. The past is history because it is already past the present time. Yet for some reason the winds has a lingering sense of change.” Rin mumbled as he looked up at the sky as he wasn’t sure where these words came from. They just popped inside of his mind, yet now that he’s spoken them it sounds like words from a wise man.

“Well i mean… i generally put in extra time as it is at the workshop, but i could make an exception for today. So if you want to we can go do something like that after i get done at the shop. I prefer tea though to be honest.” Rin admits as he tried coffee once, and he couldn’t see how people could drink them like water. So he sticks to tea and other types of tea since they usually give some mystical benefit to the one who drinks it. Of course he switches to water when he doesn’t have time to brew tea.

It seems like Rin struck a cord when he asked about if she was in a team or not. Rin hasn’t seen Sera stumbling for words until now. “Is that so? Well my sensei currently only has me as the team, so i’m sure when Tsuyo gets back you could ask if she would accept you. Just a little warning her training regiments are quite intense. At least it was for me, but then again that might because i am an Uchiha being taught by the Head of the Hyuuga family.” That might sound odd for anyone to hear or to piece together since their generations long hatred and rivalry towards each other. History has shown how many times the Uchiha and Hyuga went into war at each other. Each one was worse and fierce than the first one. Still Rin hopes he could perhaps remedy that hatred even if it is a little change. Granted he was raised to hate the Hyuga by other Uchiha, but due to the harsh treatment he’s gotten from his kin Rin shares at least a quarter of the Hyuga’s hatred at his brethren.

“Create walls? Of what exactly?” Rin asked while putting the left wakizashi into his scabbard leaving both hands empty. If he was to break through something then his blades weren’t going to accomplish that. “I mean sure if you want to. I’ve been meaning to learn more about this other fighting style i knew a while ago.” The fighting style he was referring to is the Arhat Fist. A simple fighting style that exerts nearly maximum strength one can muster into a single attack. Making it where even someone as small and lean as Rin could lift a grown adult off their feet and throw them a few meters away. Rin would rotate his shoulders to gently stretch the muscles on his upper back and torso. Granted he doesn’t do any of those… pops that Sera has demonstrated before, but that is because Rin is simply with purpose to stretch the muscles alone.

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Sera O'Tem
    Sera O'Tem

Character File

Post by Sera O'Tem Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:28 am

Sera’s green eyes scanned the area quietly, before returning to Rin as he asked ~ Really? ~ to which Sera Simply nodded in confirmation of what she had already stated.  As Rin talked about how he was surprised about her compliment, sure lots of students did work hard, but Rin seemed Exceptionally Talented, at least for a young adult.

Rin spoke fairly metaphorically, but again sear wasn’t sure if it was a mantra or lesson he was taught that he was regurgitating to attempt to impress her or if he really was this mature and Wise.  He had other kind his age blown out of the water. But in skill and in manners.  In such a short time Sera had found that she enjoyed their time together, it wasn’t like she had to baby him or lookout for his childish jokes.  She could openly talk to him like an Adult.  Hell, there were more child like adults then there were kids like Rin.

Listening to Rin’s responses as he spoke about coffee or Tea, “Most people do prefer tea, I’m good for either or, its normally the host chooses to server really, at least for me.”  She added in before letting Rin move on to the next portion of their discussion where he talked about his teacher, a Hyuuga and a Uchiha, even an Outsider like Sera had quickly grown to figure out that they were rival clans, so it did sound strange. Though Sera can quickly put a few things together, maybe the Hyuuga knew the potential Rin possessed and wanted to get in on the Reputation, to one day say they had a hand in what Rin would one day become and there wasn’t a doubt is Sera’s mind that Rin wouldn’t one day be one of the strongest in the village or possibly the Continent.

“ Yep walls,  walls of Earth,  mostly just top soil at this point but I’m getting better. Eventually I might be able to pull Rocks from the earth to use as cover and other things of course, but for now its just top soil” Sera moves her hands up for form the tiger hand seal. “  yeah your taijutsu might be better suited to this  as I wouldn’t want you to damage a weapon in a Practise session, that gets costly.”
    Sera focused for a moment before preforming the jutsu. She became aware of her own body and everything that she was doing with it,  everything from her heartbeat all the way down to the tension she held in her face and the pressure in her shoulders from the planking she had done before.   Her legs burned a little bit from her exercises earlier.  She quickly forms the Tiger seal with both hands before pressing her hand to the earth in a fluent motion, moving into a squatting position.  Ten meters in front of Sera her chakra surged pulling and pushing the Earth before a wall sprouted from the ground  it wasn’t perfectly wall like as much as a large heap about 2 inches thick by two meters long and tall. She would then return to holding the hand sign, her chakra still within the wall as it held its form against its own weight and hardened into what like more packed earth. “ there we go” She says with a smirk.  Though she was still new with ninjutsu she was looking forwards to getting more adept and to the day where she can form a battle field to her likening.
    One the Wall stood on its own Sera would wait for Rin to get ready, or to see if he had any questions or a response to throw in her face. Not that she minded  it just seemed to be the way he was.

Wall of Earth   Cost -3   [77/80]:

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:56 am

“Blades usually don’t go well against something like stone or even packed dirt. Dulls the weapon and puts nicks in the edge. Trust me, it is a pain to get the nicks out sometimes especially if it bites deep.” Rin responded to Sera’s explanation. Honestly the boy is a bit envious of Sera since he cannot perform much in terms of Ninjutsu. If anything he can increase his speed temporarily, but that technique drains quite a bit to use. Rin doesn’t even know what his element is to practice with, so yeah the boy is a bit jealous.

Despite that Rin doesn’t show it since he understands that everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Seeing a wall of packed dirt rising up from the ground and the fact that it is a foot taller than himself. Rin knew he was going to exert a good chunk of strength just to bust through it. The genin tilted his head as his blue-green eyes look from the bottom of the wall to the top. Rin figured he could chip away from the sides or even the top and work his way down. However that could take a while and Sera just might be able to ’regenerate’ the wall by investing more chakra into it. Which leads to Rin trying to find the center and find a chink of the wall.

After analyzing the wall a little bit Rin lowered his stance with one empty palm cocked back an inch from his chest while the left empty palm is nearly extended out in front of him. His position shifts to where he is still facing forward while also making his body thin. Making it more difficult to hit him despite the fact that it is just a wall of dirt. Rin figures he can’t bust through it at least not right away, so Rin will charge up at the wall. About a foot away from it Rin would leap up just enough to align himself at the center. During his ascent on the wall, Rin spun a full 360 degree as he’ll attempt to deliver a solid stomp at the center of the wall.

Assuming that blow wasn’t enough to knock the top section of the wall off, Rin will apply chakra at the bottom of his foot that is touching the wall to move up. As he controlled his momentum by ascending a little higher, Rin will slam his right elbow at the center top before quickly twisting his body to slam his left elbow in a sudden motion. Then as the boy begins to slowly descend Rin will slam his empty right palm while cocking back his left palm. So the moment Rin connects his right palm he’ll immediately pull back and simultaneously hurl his left palm at the center as well. If anything he’ll at least weaken the foundation a good bit.

So if the wall still survives Rin will continue to descend until his feet touches the ground. During that time Rin will picture his right hand like it is a hammer and that he’s ready to smash a giant slab of glass. By putting extra power into his palm through physical effort, Rin will slam his right palm at the base of the wall with more power behind it than before. This attack is meant to damage or break through defenses, as Rin is trying to exert the most of his strength to overcome this obstacle.

Tech Learning
    Spoiler:

Rin’s Stats
    Spoiler:

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Sera O'Tem
    Sera O'Tem

Character File

Post by Sera O'Tem Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:12 pm

Sera had nodded in agreement to his validation as to why he wouldn’t use his weapons, which to what Sera recalled she had not advised, the way he spoke made it almost seem like his idea.  Quickly Sera Dismissed the thought, if that was one of the only things that annoyed her about him then they would get along fine, Sera was never one to seek glory.

Sera’s gaze fell upon Rin as he examined the wall, he seemed like he might struggle with the attack. Most people don’t jut punch through walls, but then again, most people were not Rin. This being said she kept her focus on her hand sign, the wall itself reinforced by her chakra she awaited the attack. To her surprise he charged the wall. Quickly leaping at it and then spring off it into a fury of blows before slamming his palm into the wall. Sera could feel the control of her chakra weakling with each hit. But she felt confident that she had posed a larger challenge then he had with his clones.  This was of course a great thing to Sera. She had originally came to train with her blade but seeing Rin Today made her feel a bit insignificant when it came to swordsman-ship. He was clearly faster and more coordinated, could calculate his moves and execute them with great accuracy,  as Sera could hit hard, it didn’t seem like a great trade off in the end.

The wall Made from Soil solidified after the first strike but  after the barrage and then the final attack, Sera lost the control of the wall.  It crumbled into nothing more then a pile of dirt and small rocks with clumps of grass, never the less, sera quickly Reformed the Tiger hand seal and  pushed her hands into the ground again, moving from the squatted position to a kneeling position as she closed her eyes and pushed forth another burst of chakra into the ground beneath her. suddenly moments after the first wall crumbled a Second wall Burst from the ground.  Allowing for him to continue practising.  “Nicely done, I thought I had you there but you proved me wrong. “she admitted aloud for Rin to hear as her eyes fluttered open again looking at Rin . “  I could do this all day, unfortunately its not the hardest technique to get around I was hoping to expand its uses someday.”
    Sera continued to hold the tiger hand seal again as she did before letting Rin take another shot at this wall,   for the most part the wall was the same, even possibly having reused a bit of the second wall, the only real difference was the first foot of the wall was covered in a heap of loose dirt, possibly a slight inconvenience at best but who know It would play out, or at least Sera didn’t.
    “ im going to have to work on my speed and endurance before I attempt to use taijutsu in a serious situation,  but when I feel I’m ready ill have to come find you to show me how to do that maneuver , it feels like its up my alley” she says with a smirk, her lips pale and a slight glow of red on her face from the exertion of her chakra.  Not that it was particularly hard but strain still showed ever so slightly.   “ and ill bring the tea, deal?”

Wall of Earth   Cost -3   [74/80]:

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:19 am

“Believe me, normally you would have me.” Rin stated as it seemed that his series of attacks worked. Still he was testing the durability of this wall. It seems to be able to hold a punch from his attacks, but it would ’regenerate’ by adding more dirt to it. Then the entire wall was dealt with the final slam of Rin’s palm as dirt, grass, and maybe a root was blown away from impact. In truth Rin didn’t really expect such an impact could achieve that effect. So it actually surprised Rin for a moment and even thought maybe Sera had lowered her concentration.

“Hardest technique or not. Practice refines your ability to where you can hold it for longer periods of time than normal. I mean, even in our kenjutsu talents we still practice the fundamentals.” Rin verbally pointed out, but even as he says this exerting that much strength to knock this wall of earth in a single hit can be draining after a while. The boy allows Sera to form up the wall of soil for the second time as he took a couple of steps back. His eyes shifting from the wall to Sera’s own vibrant green eyes as he listened. “Sounds like a plan to me. You know I will admit that I envy you. I can’t even do something like this.”

Rin gestures to the wall as it rose up to tower of him once again. “In my academy days the only sort of ninjutsu i could do is the basic stuff and that body flickering technique. Could never find my element, so i stuck my dedication to taijutsu and kenjutsu.” With a deep breath to take in, Rin charges at the wall again. This time it was more of a curveball as he goes to slam his right fist at the left side of the wall. Then Rin will follow up with a left elbow jab at the center and pivots himself into a spinning formation. Where he’ll end with a strong right elbow aiming on the right side of the wall. All of these strikes were not as strong as before as Sera would probably note during the impact.

Spoiler:

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Sera O'Tem
    Sera O'Tem

Character File

Post by Sera O'Tem Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:02 pm

Sera nods at Rin’s statement, he seemed like he enjoyed the fact Sera could use ninjutsu, and even then admitted to her that he was a little envious of her ability to perform it. which made Sera smile softly. It meant quite a bit that she was complimented by her abilities. “ I mean yea its just starting off but the possibilities are endless, and I plan to explore my possibilities with Ninjutsu, and I’m sure if you put as much effort as you do in your Kenjutsu into anything you would be able to preform any level of jutsu you put your heart to, it just might not be easy. “she says attempting to encourage him a bit all while still maintaining her wall.

This time Rin seems a little more brutish in his Assault, not using techniques as much as just hitting the wall, but it of course being a wall, didn’t Budge, it remained unmoved, small amounts of dirt had shaken from the wall itself but the structure was still very much intact. “are you holding back now?” She asked with a roguish smirk. Sera held the hand sign longer, but it seemed like he either was getting tired or the wall was tougher then she had assumed. Because she had to channel it she couldn’t really test it out herself so this was the only practical application of this technique since she had learned it.

“ I cant fault you if you are tired. Have another drink of water and was can try this again. Or if you’d prefer we can stop. I mean I can benefit from practicing this justsu but we can work on something else, at some point im going to have to go for a run. It helps me stay in shape, control my breathing and it simulates the state of fighting. Or we can break for tea and then come back?” She suggests with a slight shrug still maintaining the wall encase he wants to keep going at it.

Sera had stated sweating a bit, she could feel it building up on the small of her back and her brow. And the kneeling position was a bit hard on her knees despite being soft grass, her joints seemed to hurt most of the time, but she was use to it.

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Sun May 06, 2018 12:46 am

“Believe me, I know struggle. It took my countless days and even a full year to get where i’m at now. I have no talents to speak of, and what i have now is just prolonged results of my training.” Rin states the truth as he slams his attacks onto the wall. In truth the boy didn’t expect the wall to crumble like that, but he was trying to gauge what sort amount of strength would require to truly break through it. If Rin can determine the right amount of strength required to break through without wasting energy.

“I would be lying if i said i wasn’t feeling the exhaustion by now, but i can still keep going. Besides I’m honestly trying to see if i can break through this wall at my current strength. Since it doesn’t appear that i can’t, i’ll have to step it back up.” Perhaps it was more of benefiting from Arhat Fist and from this other style that seems to focus on rapid strikes. “I’m gonna try something new again, so bear with me alright?” It was more of a permission request than a question. Though he has a feeling that she’ll agree to it.

Rin conjures an image inside of his mind of how the strain into adding power into his strikes. Then infusing the concept of hurling those empowered attacks in a rapid fashion. It seemed easy enough for Rin to imagine. But putting that concept to use is another thing. First Rin starts off by adding the energy into his musculatory system. Where he’ll actually raise his knee to jab upward into the wall of dirt, which would most likely do small damage to the wall as the burning sensation swells within his muscles. Following up his knee jab is two elbow jabs around the same area towards the center. Simultaneous with the elbow jabs Rin lowers his leg to the ground and roots his stance so to speak as his muscles become firm around the calves.

Taking a deep breath as Rin becomes focused on the desire to strike faster, and Rin launches two empty palms at the center. A pause was brief as Rin struck the wall four more times with his palms. Another pause is seen as Rin gathers his strength and energizes the energy empowering his muscles. So the young boy launches a flurry of blows in four palms, two elbow jabs, one knee jab, and then finishes it with six rapid punches all at the center. Even if this doesn’t break through the wall’s defenses Rin is just trying to familiarize himself with combining two styles and see how he can become fluid in it.

449 WC

Tech Learning
    Spoiler:

Techs used
    Spoiler:

Stamina: 37/40

Stats
    Spoiler:

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Sera O'Tem
    Sera O'Tem

Character File

Post by Sera O'Tem Wed May 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Sera nods slightly, she had no idea how long he had been training before she had gotten there, sera herself wasn’t Exhausted but she was feeling a bit of the exercise.  But she had a long way to go still, surprisingly enough that seemed to be where she excelled was how long she could go for when fighting.  She could outlast most people at the compound assuming she wasn’t hit constantly.

The Wall of Earth that Sera had placed up seemed to be holding up rather well, it took quite the beating however and by the time Rin was Done with it, portions had been broken off and destroyed, the only thing that really remained was the enter pillar, which now looked a lot more like a Sturdy pile of dirt.  Now it being almost pointless to hold up she dismissed it and let the ground fall into a heap of loose soil “Not bad, I mean breaking walls bare handed is not an Easy Task, and I think my walls might be sturdier then wooden walls of a building” she said now stretching her arms above her head
    “Grab a drink, I’m going to get ready to go on that run now   my offer still stands your more than welcome to join me, it gets fairly boring just running around the forest alone. It can also be a dangerous Place, and I could use the muscle “ She said with a slightly teasing smile,  of course she was joking about the latter but she  enjoyed Rin’s company and if he didn’t have to go then she wouldn’t mind having him around.

Sera went to Retrieve her bag and then moved back towards Rins position to see if he was ready.   Popping the cap of her bottle off with one hand she took a large Swing,  some spilling from her mouth as she gulped down about half the bottle, before recapping it and tossing it into her bag,   she retied her headband around her neck and made sure it wouldn’t fall off or anything,  before getting in position to start stretching “ im thinking  about a half an hour run,  and then we can head back and you can show me the Place you mentioned earlier,  and ill see about finding a mission for us to pick up when your at work,  what do you think about that?” she Asked now balancing on one leg and holding the opposite leg up to her chest  stretching out the muscles,  before doing the same to the other leg  she wobbled a bit when doing so with her less prominent leg.

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Fri May 18, 2018 11:45 pm

Rin could feel his muscles straining from the pressure as he pushes on the limits. Luckily it is a momentary push so his muscles isn’t tearing itself apart. Still the strain on his biceps, forearm, and even his hands are throbbing. Rin has been able to ignore it since it was something he’s used to by now. Regardless the boy sees some decent results from his barrage of attacks, and notes how his hands in particular hurt from slamming palms and that final punch made his wrist hurt.

“I won’t lie that my body is straining, but if i don’t keep pushing my limits then i won’t improve much.” Rin responded with sound logic as he was confident about the idea. Pushing past his limits even a little would soon be a distance he can easily reach without effort. Which brings him to push his limit further so he can become faster, stronger, and in short become better than what he was before. However, even Rin knows when to allow his muscles to relax even for a few seconds.

So the boy walks over where he placed his bottle of water to pop the lid off and generously took three small, careful sips. Taking too much water too soon would cause his body to relax too much. Which could hurt him in terms of sore muscles and possibly pulling a muscle. As the genin drinks his water he listens to what Sera was suggesting. It sounds rational and provides both good amount of exercise and possible bond a little bit. Not that fate would ever put them in a team yet, but Rin felt like if she was going to be part of Tsuyo’s team then might as well try.

“That sounds good to me. I actually suggest carry whatever you brought with you as you run. After all, during a mission we won’t have the luxury of leaving our stuff behind. Best to start while training to get used to carrying them around, and they could help some minor weight training too if you’re into that.” Perhaps it is kind of a bad thing that all a twelve year old thinks is training, missions, and taking care of his health. Of course it is not as simple as black and white with Rin for he does play a flute. Though he hasn’t touched that thing in almost a year now. Perhaps one day he could pick it up and start playing the random notes again.

While Sera stretches the boy takes another sip before putting the top back on his bottle. From there Rin tucks his container of water into his hip pouch as one of his wakizashi shifted. Only a slight shift, but Rin corrects it in place without really looking at it. Once Sera is ready, Rin will ask. “So where are we running? Just around the grounds or is there a destination you have in mind?” It does help on getting an idea of where they were going. Not to imply he runs faster for he’s not going to be that naive or arrogant in his abilities. Otherwise he’ll start jogging along with Sera either in loops around the training grounds or to a destination if there is one.

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Sera O'Tem
    Sera O'Tem

Character File

Post by Sera O'Tem Tue May 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Sera Continued her stretches, and when she felt ready she stood there waiting.  When Rin said he thought they should carry their gear.   Sera Rose a finger up and was about to protest the idea but quickly realized that he was right, it wasn’t that she didn’t want to carry her weapon or that it would slow her down, she just always was careful with it, she didn’t like the idea of it getting damaged if she dinged it off a tree or if the fabric gets covered in dirt.  

“Fair enough you’ve got a point” she said as she moved towards her bag. Bending over she grabbed the strap of her bag and in a fluid, motion swung it up and over her shoulder. Quickly making sure her forehead protector was still tied around her neck. Then made sure her Nodachi was secure on her back. Tuning it upright so it no longer was horizontal along her back but was upright and peeked up above her right shoulder.  A simple action would easily take it back down so that she could draw it out.  But from where it sat her arms wouldn’t be long enough to Draw it out.

“I figured we could take the path there” *she says pointing out a slight worn down trail she had run a few times before “it  crosses a river and then  goes out towards the mountains and then back.  It should be too long” she mentions as she takes a few deep breaths and pushes out the air in a huff slowing her breathing and preparing herself, probably more so out of habit then out of effectiveness.
    When Rin was Ready Sera would start off into a light jog, not wanting to give it her all, after all she head quite a height advantage over him, and most of the time longer legs meant less strides and Sera didn’t want to run in front of him but more beside him.

Forest :
    As she started to jog she went down the path a little way, glancing occasionally from side to side.  Her arms doing small pumping motions as she jogged.  As she moved she through the forest she would step over top of rocks and continue throughout the path with some grace.     Maybe about five minutes into the jog, they had moved forwards towards the creek.  When suddenly a loud Yelp was let out from the tree line nearby.   It was enough for the normally spaced out Sera to Snap to attention and glace to the left of them. “did you hear that?”  asked in a slight huff.   Sera’s eyes widened slightly as she had glanced through the trees   to the edge of the river.   It was hard to see but it looked like to Creatures fighting.   One looked to be a dog  the other might have been some sort of snake.  It was hard for Sera to see.

Character File

Post by Tatsuya Mon May 28, 2018 11:23 am

Perhaps now would be the best time for Rin to ponder on his own strengths and weaknesses. Sure Rin has the uncanny accuracy and striking speed. However that can only get him so far if Rin gets tired out before her opponent is defeated. Additionally he needs to work on his physical strength as well. It’ll help taking out opponents with some more firepower behind it.

That aside, Rin notice that Sera was reluctant as she went from starting to protest to reluctantly sling her weapon over her shoulder. Normally the boy would try to console her, but seeing as Sera was already going with it Rin held his tongue. Perhaps it was the fear of failing or it was the anticipating fear of losing people he cares about because he was too weak. Either way that gave the boy motivation to improve, and he certainly didn’t want to be guilty of getting somebody killed. Especially Sera as of right now.

“That sounds fine with me. It’ll be a change of scenery for me.” Rin admits as he looked towards the direction where Sera pointed at. It was a simple direction, and there was a trail they could use too. Gives them more of a direction in Rin’s opinion and even gets him to wonder if there is an end to it. So when Sera was ready Rin began his jog down this trail. The sounds of feet brushing and lightly stepping onto the grass mixed with the earthen soil. Gentle fingers of the wind combing through Rin’s warm black hair as he moves with a steady jogging pace.

Of course Rin noted the difference in height between Rin and Sera. So naturally Sera has the advantage on her normal pace. However despite that she made her pace matching with Rin’s and is jogging beside him. Rin respected that, though he can’t shrug the light warmth reaching to his cheeks. Still Rin kept going as he was pacing his breathing to not tire out. His arms in the motion of bringing up to his naval level in front and then down to his side at waist level. Feeling the chakra flowing through his veins to his muscles as it flows with the life water inside of the boy’s body. As the chakra raises up to his naval and then spread out evenly throughout his body only to repeat as that chakra ignites like fire.

The jog overall was quiet for the first five minutes. Rin’s blue-green eyes mainly focused to the front, but also occasional side glance and possibly meet Sera’s eyes once or twice. Still can’t get over how pretty and relaxing they were to Rin; however he’s always been attracted to the eyes to begin with. Rin’s attention is snapped to attention when a yelp erupts through the silence as they near the creek. Looking over to the side, a few meters away from the trail itself is a lone pup of light brown fur with patches of white on the chest to its small belly. The paws are caked in mud and the fur was fluffy except where some streaks of mud can be seen on it. The snake was mainly black with a diamond shaped head and possess red stripes along its scaly body.

The yelp had came from the small puppy as it probably was trying to play with the snake in a playful manner, but judging from the poised neck from the snake it probably bit the dog. However the puppy was still bouncing around as it barks at the reptile and whines when it doesn’t really move its curled position. Rin didn’t think, he just acted on instinct. Rin sees the puppy about to poke the snake with its paw and so did the snake for it was in the initial stage to strike.

Quickly forming the half tiger seal as the chakra molds from the naval of his body to spread out towards his neural and muscular system. It is not instantaneous for Rin just run at full sprint with chakra lightly trailing behind him towards the puppy. For he could run up to 15 meters within the second. Which covers plenty of distance as Rin shields the puppy with one armored arm placed in front of the pup while the other arm wraps the furry one. All while the snake was in the motion to strike at the puppy, and only to find those fangs now dripping with venom biting harmlessly against the steel armguard belonging to Rin.

From there Rin maintained the momentum though not with the same speed as Rin scoops up the bewildered pup and leaps a good five meters further away from the snake. The young creature was startled and lets out another yelp. Rin didn’t mean to startle the cute one, but he had to in order to protect the pup’s life. It struggled and flailed in the boy’s arms as it braced its muddy paws on his shirt and incidentally clawing harmlessly on the palm side of his arm. “It is okay, it is okay little one.” Rin spoke in a soft tone as he held his brace and the pup starts to calm down a bit. Meanwhile the snake is looking at Rin yet not approaching as it flicks its forked tongue into the air. Small strands of venom can be seen on Rin’s left arm, but there isn’t a dent nor much of a scratch on the armor’s surface either.

Used Body Flicker -5 stamina.
    Speed: C
    Coordination: C

Stats:

Limit Break Points:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 am