Gladius

A free form, text based role playing game based on the universe of the Naruto manga and anime.

HomePortalRegisterLog in
After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site! Follow the link and get in touch with everyone: https://discord.gg/gNvU4a6

Share | 

Leaf Dance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RinUchiha
Genin

Character File
Skills & Elements: Kenjutsu, Taijutsu, Sensory. Fuuton
Class: D
Ryo: 64,825

PostSubject: Leaf Dance   Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:50 am

Whether it was working at the forge or happen to take a day off. Rin never stops training since believing that he can't improve by sitting and twiddling his thumbs. Plus Koyasu once told him that if Rin practiced and refined his swordsmanship for a whole year then he’ll become an expert on it. Somewhat of a trivial wish motivation, but it was a goal for Rin to strive for. Ninjutsu, as far as Rin is aware, is not exactly his strong suit nor has he discovered his element.

Once again Rin is attending to the largest training ground konoha has to offer. Only this time Rin stands on the body of clear water. The youth decided to challenge himself today for not only learning a new fighting style, but to simultaneously keep himself on the water’s surface as well. It sounded simple at first, and it proved to be simple through minimal effort to Rin. Though as time passed it grew increasingly difficult.

Through his mother, Rin heard of a fighting style that consisted of two bladed weapons. Whether it was a wakizashi, tanto, katana, or a combination of them. All it matters was swift coordination and being a bit ambidextrous too. So Rin trains with identical wakizashi in each hand. His movement average in terms of speed until he strikes as fast as a viper. The iron sings into the air as Rin slices through the empty space. Each step was followed with grace as Rin danced over the surface.

The young Rin stood five feet and three inches to be precise. A recent growth spurt caused what he originally was four foot ten inches to almost looking like a teen. His warm black hair damped from the occasional mist spraying on his body as the dark locks fall down to his shoulders. Rin’s physique appears to be taking on the early stage of lithe body build. Garbed on his person is a simple sleeveless sand-colored shirt with a pair of grey slacks. The once pants had the sleeves cut to where it covers just below the knee. On his shins is a pair of hard leather shin guards, and his arms is covered with steel arm guards. Of course he wore a belt which held two holsters which contains the short scabbards to Rin’s wakizashi, and above the left cheek is his hip pouch.

397/150

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sera O'Tem
Genin

Character File
Skills & Elements: Earth Ninjutsu , Kenjutsu
Class: E
Ryo: 0

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Dance   Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:30 am

Sera lets out a long Groan as she rolls over in her bed. She quickly swings her fist outwards and slams it into her wall. “NO, back off! ~” She Yells at the empty room.  Her eyes now wide open scanning her dark bedroom. . . .  * Sera Looks at her hand for a moment then to the hole she put in her wall “Moth#$ &*$%er” She Swears shaking her hand trying quickly to numb the pain.  Sera Then Sighs loudly before rolling out of bed to her feet” That’s going to be hard to Explain. . .” * Sera roams quietly out of her room in her Nightie and looks into the fridge before grabbing something to eat.

Sitting down to eat she takes a bit of the leftovers placing down her food and rubs her temples, another nightmare, it seems they come and go but always left her feeling so vulnerable. “ Perhaps I need to. . . “ Her sentence trails of before she takes another bite of food.

Finishing up her breakfast she  got ready for the day, it was going to have to be a day of training to offset her insecurity.  Armed with her Nodachi and a few bottles of water she tossed her bag over her shoulder and rested her hand on the hilt of her blade locking her apartment door behind her.
Walking down to the southwest side of the village she moved quietly through the morning dew as she worked her way towards the third training grounds.  It seemed to be a popular but sera didn’t think most people would be out this early.

Upon Reaching the Training grounds Sera moved her bag off her shoulder and down to the grass beside a small tree, “ well i'll be damned what do we have here?” She Says Softly under her breath as she spies a young boy with a sword. He seemed young but he seemed like he was quite decent with a weapon

Renown: 0
Stats:

• Strength: D
  • Constitution: E
  • Stamina: C
  • Speed: D
  • Coordination: D
  • Intelligence: D
  • Perception: E

Link to Character Updates:
Link to Character Application:
Link to Known Techniques:
Back to top Go down
RinUchiha
Genin

Character File

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Dance   Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:46 am

The morning crisp air hung with mild humidity as the sun was barely rising above the treetops. Casting long shadows over the training grounds from the trees, yet if one pays attention these shadows gradually grow shorter. Sounds of water overlapping each other as Rin steps forward on the surface with chakra supporting his weight. Youth and passion seem to resonate with the boy’s movements as he swings one wakizashi in a low arc while bringing the second to follow with a thrust. Rin’s hazel blue-green eyes looking forward as he tried to follow his strikes. It finally occurred to the genin that something was off since normally he would be fast and accurate, yet when it comes to blades Rin’s accuracy and attacking speed is faster than what he should be able to.

Before Rin could press on the issue a presence came into his sensory range. A ping like a chime jingling with the wind sprung into his mind. “It has been a while since this place was visited by someone else other than myself.” Rin spoke up loud enough for whoever came to the training grounds to hear without straining. Granted he did this without looking up from nor stopping his movements until he took a final step back. Lowering his arms, Rin lets out a soft sigh before he looks over to the presence. The presence was identified to be an adult, or at least older than he. She possessed dark locks that are darker shade than his own hair, and while Rin’s eyes are mixed with blue and green this woman’s eyes are vividly green like he’s gazing into the forest itself.

However the one thing that Rin actually locks gaze at is the nodachi that she carries. Rin has held a nodachi though unfinished in the forge, and it was quite heavy to hold. Though perhaps it is because Rin is used to katana and equivalent length terms of blades. ‘Mayhap she’s a swordswoman? But i would’ve heard about another practicing kenjutsu.’ Or so Rin thought, but he settled that maybe she studied the art in secret. Some people do like to keep their skills wrapped up in secrecy or just wasn’t worth mentioning by others.

Regardless Rin stowed his two weapons into their scabbards hanging from his belt. Then Rin looked off to the side for a moment before suppressing his chakra. Though even suppressing his chakra to avoid detection from other sensors it stimulates Rin’s nerves and sense of awareness. Walking on the water still, Rin would walk over to the shore where he at least dried his hair with a towel. Even though it was warm out here, it still wouldn’t hurt to be careful from a sudden temperature drop.

“I don’t know if you like to train alone or in groups of other people i don’t know. But it is a pleasure to meet you. I’m Rin, Rin Uchiha. May i ask for you name?” Rin asked the lady as he was still drying off the ends of his hair. To be honest if she was training with other people Rin would probably ask if he could attend as well. It has been a while since he’s trained with anybody other than Koyasu. Still the boy held his neutral amount of respect and manners that he gives to everybody he meets for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Sera O'Tem
Genin

Character File

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Dance   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:40 am

Sera Watched quietly as she was seemingly spotted, not that she had tried to cover her presence but it was impressive all the same to see someone that young out before the sun hard at work.  It took her back to her upbringing, it wasn’t uncommon to wake up with the sun as most of the O’Tem Clan did.  In her time since Leaving the Clan and coming the hidden leaf, she had the leisure of sleeping in, but it wasn’t a Leisure she enjoyed as much as was annoyed when she slept too long.  
The young man Dried off and approached slightly calling out to her, to which she could only smile, he seemed quite friendly as well. “I suppose that’s fair, its rather large for most people to train all by their Lonesome, but more curiously you seem quite young to be out here at this time, have you slept yet?”  Sera Askes as she leans down and pulling a water bottle from her bag.

Sera’s Green eyes scan over the boy as he got closer, and in response she moved closer as well. She shifted her weight from her right foot to her left, rolling up the sleeves of her forest green jacket. Before she moves towards Rin who introduced himself quite confidently. “ I Don’t mind either, I mean the company is always nice.” * She nods at his name “And it is a pleasure to meet you as well, Sera O’Tem, but please Sera is plenty fine for me.”  Sera offered a quick smile as she turned her gave outwards to the light just cutting past the treetops it sure was a nice morning for this, the grass was wet and the smell of rain still fresh in the air, until the sun would Inevitably chase it away.

Sera takes a deep breath and closes her eyes for a brief moment clearly enjoying the fresh air. Before her green eyes flash open again set upon Rin “Can I offer you a Water?” she askes moving to offer out the water bottle she had brought with her.  her other hand Nonchalantly resting over the handle of her long blade, strapped at the small of her back the strap itself seemed to run under her coat to fasten it to her shoulder, the Scabbard, a nice soft black with white and gold thread and The handle of the Nodachi looked to rather worn and old.

Sera would either give over the bottle of water or toss it back to her bag if it was declined. Before she rolled her shoulder back letting the crack slightly, before wrenching them forwards to allow her back to crack now. “ I didn’t mean to disrupt your training you are clearly devoted to your practise and I would hate to disturb your routine. If you don’t mind me being here I will practise stance and fundamentals  just off to the side there” Sera says motioning with her left hand to the one side of the clearing  still within view of the river  but not to close as to intrude upon Rin’s Previous Spot.  

Stats:

Back to top Go down
RinUchiha
Genin

Character File

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Dance   Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Rin would shrug his shoulder on the question as the towel sits on his head and both ends drapes over his shoulder. “I generally sleep come dusk because i train during the morning, but then i work at Hitsuro’s shop shortly before afternoon. So in short i have little time to train, but i’m not complaining much since there’s hardly anything for me to do.” Though Rin neglects to say that he sometimes train after working in the shop in addition to the morning training. It was all Rin could do to keep himself busy while his sensei is gone. Supposedly Tsuyo has recently returned, but Rin can’t seem to find her with all of the refugees coming in.

The kunoichi introduced herself as Sera O’Tem, but Rin doesn’t recognize the surname. Granted to be honest Rin expected a sudden shift in expression or even change in attitude when he mentioned the Uchiha name. Most people generally don’t like the Uchiha except for a select few. So the fact that Sera offered so much as a water bottle was surprising in a welcoming sense to Rin. “Rin is fine with me as well. I’ve never heard of that family name before. Is it a minor family name or recently found?” An innocent question on Rin’s part, but perhaps a personal one depending on how the other views it.

At first Rin would’ve declined the water, but at the same time he thought of how much sweat he produced as well. Of course he was going to just drink from the lake, but drinking a purified source of water would be more beneficial. “Sure, thanks for that.” Rin responded as he reached out for the bottle. When he drinks Rin makes sure to basically lift the top over his lips so it doesn’t actually touch it. A courtesy of sorts, and Rin was being modest when he drank three sips of it before putting the lid back and hands it back to Sera. To be honest Rin didn’t notice how thirsty he was, but some water in his system would keep it refreshed for the time being.

When Sera mentioned that she’ll be practising the fundamentals Rin actually got a bit excited since there was somebody else who practices swordsmanship. Was she better than Rin? He couldn’t tell, but since she was older than he Rin assumed that she is better in swordplay than himself. Plus it certainly beats than training by himself again. “Would… it be possible if i train with you?” A simple question, though Rin hesitated at first for a scenario popped into his mind where she said no. However being the optimistic Rin hopes that idea was just trying to psyche him out.
Back to top Go down
Sera O'Tem
Genin

Character File

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Dance   Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Sera would have taken note of the Uchiha name, but it wasn’t something she cared for, it didn’t matter to her where someone came from. But more importantly she cared how they acted and how they responded to others.   “Well Rin” *she Says aloud trying out his name “My Former clan did not want to be part of the village, so when I left to seek out my own community beyond the compound I was one of the only to come to the village.  But let’s not bore you with the details.” Sera says calmly steering the conversation away from her complicated heritage and how disgraceful it might seem to others.

As Rin offered back her water she simply shook her head and didn’t take it “  I have more in my bag, its important to stay hydrated when training, your Physical Condition must be perfect to Physical Perfection, after all what are, are bodies if not organic machines.” Saia says softly as she looks to the area she was going to be using.  She then moves towards her bag once again leaning down to undo the laces on her boots and taking them off, pulling each sock off slowly before stretching her bare toes out grabbing at the grass with them.  She enjoyed the wet touch of the cold grass on her feet.  Before pulling the forehead protector that was originally tied loosely around her neck up and pulled her hair into a loose ponytail using the protector to held her hair from her face. “Most Certainly I welcome the company” she says as she takes her left hand to the side of her cheek before making a jerking motion and tilting her head to let out a sickening crack in her neck,  before doing it again on the opposite side.

“ I am not sure how it will work with two blades, but I welcome you to try all the same “ Sera says with a content smirk. She slowly walks across the grass and to the clearing in front of the river before drawing her Nodachi, from tip of the blade to the end of the handle was 4 ½ feet long making the sword just slightly shy of the height of Rin, its blade unlike its handle and sheath was extremely well maintained, it shinned in the suns light as it bathed the area just ahead of Sera.

Lifting the blade above her head she would grip the handle with both hands and lower the stance so her hands were level with her shoulder in a highland stance. And took a deep breath. “this is a stance used in meditation, great for conditioning your body to the weight of your weapon. It becomes and extension of yourself, a part of you in a sense” she says before letting out a deep breath and focusing her gaze on Rin again, making sure he was able to follow, and to see if he chose to use one blade or both.

Stats:

Back to top Go down
RinUchiha
Genin

Character File

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Dance   Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Rin listened without interrupted to what Sera said about how she was the only one who left a compound and traveled to this village. It would explain why Rin hasn’t heard of it since he doesn’t much outside the village other than the names of other villages and basic ecology. By now his body had cooled down enough to where it wasn’t burning a lot of energy. Still Rin couldn’t argue with Sera’s logic about hydration for it is possible he’ll need to drink some more. “That is true, well all the same i thank you for this.” Perhaps it is possible that he’s being too friendly, but if anything Rin feels like he’s being earned. Plus he has no reason to truly suspect anything from someone of his own village other than paranoia.

Seeing as she was straightening her form Rin checked his two wakizashi stowed onto his belt. Perhaps it is a bit odd for someone running around with two weapons since most people find it difficult to form signs when both hands are occupied. For Rin it was no problem since he only knows a handful of techniques that require signs. The majority of his arsenal is taijutsu and kenjutsu related. Still Rin can see a few loopholes in using that form of tactics, and they were just some he realized through his own perspective.

With Sera now ready with that large weapon in hand that honestly is about as tall as himself. Rin can see that in terms of strength Sera would win that contest, and so Rin decides to draw both of the weapons so there’s a wakizashi in each hand. The right wakizashi was drawn back towards his chest with the blade pointing at Sera while Rin turned to his side. Which narrows the target on his person. The left wakizashi is held a couple inches in front of him while reverted into a different position as the blade is pointed to his flank side.

“Whether it is with one blade or two. The stance necessary has many factors to consider since it can be from the way you’re standing and the way you’re positioning yourself. A heavier weapon requires strength for if you’re not careful you’ll swing too slow and your target would slip under you.” Rin pointed out as he may be young, but he’s not stupid in that field. “These blades are shorter than a katana, but in truth they’re just right for this occasion. Shorter reach they have, but i can easily change that without altering the weight.” The left wakizashi was starting to twirl and dance between his fingers as it traveled from the palm to be held only by the pinky and ring finger. Then Rin twirled the blade traveling up until it is perfectly balanced on his index finger. A flashy display perhaps, but it was to demonstrate how light it was for Rin knows that one cannot do that it with a nodachi. Still the boy placed the left wakizashi back at the palm of his hand where it previously snuggled.

Rin’s Stats

Spoiler:

Effects
Spoiler:

Techniques Used
Chakra Suppression (Sensory Tech) | 0 Cost

Stamina
40/40
Back to top Go down
Sera O'Tem
Genin

Character File

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Dance   Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Sera held the stance as she watched Rin maneuver the weapons he was training with earlier, he had a different style from Sera but it wasn’t unlike any other dual wielder she had seen. But it was still impressive by any means that he was that coordinated, as Sera herself was never able to handle two weapons in unity, she always had one hand lack its potential, perhaps it was because she wasn’t ambidextrous as some of her former clanmates. Sera listened carefully as Rin mentioned why he chose the weapons he did, what he said made a lot of sense the Sera after all she had been raised with weapons herself and he seemed to know quite a bit for his age, unless he was just repeating a speech he had gotten when training before.

Sera takes a deep breath before moving her large blade into on hand holding it out vertically then extending her hand out as far as she could be supporting the weight of her large blade with the one hand before letting out a long-drawn breath. “it is good you know what your style is, it is something it that takes time to learn. I have to say I’m a little envious that you are capable of using two weapons, I tired for a long time but never quite developed the Coordination for it.”

Sers admits as she silently counts up to 60 holding the blade out to make its weight tenfold. She would then Repeat the process keeping an eye on Rin as he maneuvered his blades and had pointed a blade in her direction. More so watching to make sure he wasn’t intending to spar as part of the training, she hadn’t really specified she wouldn’t but she didn’t really want to. But either way she was prepared to block an incoming attack despite he extremely open and vulnerable looking position.
“ I was 15 before I was able to even lift this, and I have come a really long way in a short 4 years, I cant even imagine where you’ll be at my age.” She says before moving the blade back into the highland stance, she then in a quick motion she would swing the blade upwards in a blocking motion as if she was attacked from above, then down as if to block a attack from below, she then Repeated the process, taking a large breath as she blocked above and let it out as she dropped it down for the lower one.

After a Few Set of this she would stop for a moment spinning the large blade out to the side before she turns it backhanded and then into the sheath. “I chose this weapon over others because I am Stronger then I am Quick and Rely almost too much on breaking through blocks rather then going around them'. A bead of sweat would roll down her forehead at this point and on to her nose, where she blew a quick breath of air up and dispersed the droplet into a mist out into the air in front of her.

Stats:

Back to top Go down
RinUchiha
Genin

Character File

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Dance   Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:34 pm

“I had a lot of time on my hands so i pretty much had it figure out before i picked these things up. I’ll admit that i’m used to the size of katana, but i wanted to get a feel for this style so i started on it this morning.” Rin spoke in response. Rather bluntly admitting he only started today, but then again when working under someone who works on weapons, armor, and other metalwork. It doesn’t really take a genius to wonder where Rin got that much information from the weapons themselves. However so far he’s neglected to say that he’s an apprentice of the local blacksmith.

“When i use the katana i’ve been comfortable holding it with either hand, but i suppose it is not for everyone. Still that doesn’t make me exactly strong in terms of strength. Dual wielding increases your ferocity in sheer speed with multiple combos and nearly endless barrage of attacks. However if you swung that sword at me any chance of blocking it is pretty much futile because of the difference in terms of weight and strength. Which is why evasion is usually key to avoid unnecessary pain.” The young man explained as he seems to know his stuff, but in truth he’s just saying this out of evaluation from his own clones and taking time to point out potential flaws. Sure his mother might have mentioned about the style and while she was training by herself Rin memorized her stance. So he practically copied her stance, though she didn’t intentionally taught him the twin divide because his mother felt that he wasn’t coordinated enough to learn it.

“I wonder…” Looking down at his own blades they are pretty ordinary as if they’re from the local market quality. Rin closed his eyes as he brought both weapons up at chest level to form a cross of sorts. At first nothing seemed to happen as Rin was molding chakra in his body before guiding it to both hands. The two weapons reacted to the chakra as the iron blades began to give off a pale blue glow that appears to be nearly transparent. In addition it appears that both wakizashi length has increased 5 inches which borderline qualifies them as katanas. Rin opened his eyes as he maintained the connection to his blades. Then Rin gave a grin to Sera as he balanced one of the chakra coated wakizashi on his index finger at the same spot as last time. Meaning that the weight has not changed.

“If you concentrate your chakra you can give your weapon additional abilities. All i can do at the moment is increase the length and keen enough to sever chakra strings. But i do know that you can give it more abilities by applying your element to it.” Rin explained as he was more or less showing Sera a technique she might find useful. In truth it has many uses, but for now Rin can only do the base form. “I wish i had 4 years to learn this stuff. I was still in the academy by that point.” Rin was envious that Sera was able to hold something like that. Of course Rin has a feeling he could momentarily gain greater strength by utilizing certain posture and technique. Still it is not a constant and it has limited uses.

Even standing this far away Rin can feel the shift in the wind from each swing of Sera’s nodachi. Viewing how she was moving it seems that Sera was practicing to block both upper and lower attacks. His eyes were sharp as they followed each swing and the way her muscles tense when lifting the nodachi. The style itself wasn’t wrong for it was necessary to treat the nodachi as a heavy weapon. However there were holes that Rin felt like he needed to poke to ensure Sera’s survival in future missions. “You might want to get yourself some armor around the arms and torso. Shin guards would be good too at least until you get faster in your attacks. I only say this because if someone like me were to attack one blade would come to here…”

Rin slowly as if this was a play on a amphitheater brings right wakizashi to gently stop on Sera’s nodachi as she held it over her shoulder. “But then a problem occurs unless you’re good on evasion with some taijutsu my second blade simultaneously could strike here.” Rin poised the left wakizashi at Sera’s chest level as he was trying to broaden her awareness. The boy holds little to no signs of aggression, but then again Rin wants to see if he can compete against another kenjutsu user. Regardless Rin would retract his arms and take a step back to let Sera continue her regimen. Perhaps Sera was already aware of it, but Rin really was looking out for her safety. Though in truth Tsuyo would no doubt be rough with her training sessions. Then again the Hyuga hates the Uchiha in general so Rin being tutored by the head of Hyuga was practically asking for a beating.

“Breaking through someone’s guard is all well and good. But i’m afraid strength alone won’t cut it. My sensei, Tsuyo Hyuga, would have demonstrated my point on that. If you’re swinging too slow with your strength then you’ll be wasting energy and get tired quicker than if your attacks connected.” The boy was realizing after saying this that he was starting to sound like his mother. “Erm… sorry i don’t mean to criticize you. Nodachi is great when overcoming someone like myself in sheer strength. But because of the weight and necessary strength required to wield it. My eyes alone can see where your biceps tense from the effort of moving your weapon. And that is at the beginning of it too…” Rin stopped himself as he placed a hand over his mouth. He knows criticizing too much would anger the other, and since he viewed the perspective of someone older than himself it seems unreal to believe a word he’s saying due to how young he is. “I’m sorry…”
Back to top Go down
Sera O'Tem
Genin

Character File

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Dance   Yesterday at 10:17 pm

Rin started to speak to Sera, he went off on topics that touch on his style and how he just started with the blades he had only this morning which was impressive still, but most people could use different weapons, though Sera favoured her mothers blade she was fairly proficient with the polearms and  moderate with throwing weapons but she let Rin continue,  there was just something so passionate about the way he worded everything he clearly knew a lot for a kid so young and it just made Sera’s already present smile grow as she listened to him,  towards the end of his rant she her face almost hurt from how long she had been holding the smile. It made her happy to be lectured. It almost always did even when she was younger.

When someone spent the time to explain to her where you went wrong they simply cared enough for you that they would spend their finite time telling you how to get better.  They were essentially investing their life into you to help you improve, or at least this is how Sera seen it.

She had continued on her drills shifting stances a few times as Rin continued to speak about her open spots, as lecture she had hear many times, it was rather cute, how he pointed out the flaw in the block, but a ridiculous idea to think those were the only blocking methods available for her to use, of course If the strikes were different the blocks would move to compensate in a sweeping motion of backing up  or Sera would simply take the flesh wound so she could cut him in half with a swing. But never the less she simply smiled as he talked.  Towards the end he seems ot trailed off into a Sorry~

“ nope I’m going to stop you right there,  never be sorry, this is clearly a passion of yours and you.  From what I can tell are rather knowledgeable of the subject, you are lecturing me despite the age difference and your not wrong. Please continue, anyone one stupid enough to not listen to you is not worth your time Rin.” * she says after sheathing her blade before wrenching her back to the side to let out another sickening crack.  A bad habit she head started at a young age, now seemed to be the only way to cope with the build up of pressure in her bones.

“ Also A Word of Advise, never apologize for your good intentions, it shows weakness and compliance and you are Strong and independent, even I can see that”  Sera says as she leans down into the grass. Laying flat on her stomach before she pushes of the ground from a laying down position to the standing stance with her blade out in quick motion. Before she would resheath her blade and then ay back down,  now her  coat was covered in a dampness and it showed in the contrast on her dry parts.  

“ You make a very good point about the armour though, it has been a thought I had for a long time but my family believed heavily in not needing them as they make you louder, slower and you become reliant on them, its something I. . . * she quickly stands up into another sweeping slash motion before containing her sentence almost in a straining sounding voice as she leans back down and gets back flat on her stomach “ something I have been looking into  but I need to go on some missions to get a little extra cash, after all you wouldn’t want to cheap out on something like armour as after all it’s a life saver I need to be able to trust in it” * she says swinging up into another sweeping slash this time the tip of her blade catch’s the grass in front of her cutting a few strands.  They seemed to fly upwards into the breeze cause by her blade moving.  She then sheaths her blade and looks towards Rin. “ dare I say, its quite adorable though that you feel the need to teach me, its not that I don’t think your capable but It seems like we were both raised to wield weapons in the name of our home and in favour of those who cant protect themselves, I wouldn’t want you to get the impression I don’t take you seriously, but most of the points you raised  though correct have been considered previously and have been addressed and Its not that I wont listen again but id rather you saved your breath for practicing your own techniques. You can’t become the best by standing there watching me” she says with a slightly teasing tone towards the end of her statement.

Sera places her right arm up and over her left shoulder, bracing her arm at the elbow with her left arm before pulling he right arm up a bit more, stretching out her muscles a bit, before swapping arms “ tell me Rin what is it you fight for?” She says casually, despite the question being quite complicated.  Sera continued onto different stretches in her upper body before leaning down and getting into a position that you would do push ups from before lifting herself up and planking, she would old this for quite a long time, so they could talk while training, most often her training wasn’t this eventful and she was starting to enjoy it.

Stats:

Back to top Go down
RinUchiha
Genin

Character File

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Dance   Today at 12:42 am

Rin listened as Sera began giving her own input. A passion over weaponry might be a stretch on Rin’s part, but least to say he takes pride in his strengths when he can find it. The two blades had the veil of chakra shimmer before fading away. Rin shut off the flow of chakra for it is helpful in a pinch, and he doesn’t know if he needs that amount of chakra later on today. In comparison a lot of people around his age are usually fascinated with some form of ninjutsu and Rin could not compete with that. So he skipped those lessons and focused almost entirely on taijutsu and kenjutsu.

“Well i know some people who get a bit ticked off when a kid is giving them a lecture.” Rin responded upon hearing Sera’s advice. Though a small hint of blush appears on his cheeks for in truth he always thought he was stuck. Now he has access to things that he originally thought were impossible for him to do. “I am pretty sure you were already aware of what i said, and i remember you saying that you were only practicing fundamentals. So i guess i shouldn’t be poking at something when it is just basic stuff.” The boy shifted his eyes over to the water and then shifted them over to the three logs that stood over the ground. None were good targets to really try out this style, but then he wondered what if he could use his clones.

This was right when Sera started to lay flat only to spring back to her feet with an immediate sweep of her sword wrenched out of her scabbard before stowing it away. Then hearing Sera agree with what Rin was saying about armor actually made Rin feel like maybe it was a good idea to give his insight. “If an armor is flapping around you then it just means that it is not fitted to you. Leather pieces have boiled hard leather mostly with softer leather around the joints. Take my guards for example.” Rin shows off one of his arm guards of steel to Sera as she sprang up to her feet and minding to stay out of her sword’s reach. The boy waved his extended arm, yet there was no sound to be heard from it. “Metal armor should not be making noise unless you’re walking in suits of armor or someone is taking a stick and beating you with it. If it does for some odd reason i recommend Hitsuro, the local blacksmith around here in the village.”

Of course Rin was still listening to what Sera said afterward as he gives a nod in agreement. “If you’re going to buy armor you might as well get something that is dependable enough to save your live. Some people care way too much about appearance.” For example of some odd requests that offer little protection and includes multiple fabric designs. Hitsuro still completed that contract, but Rin neglects to see the point of it. “If you’re looking into missions then maybe i can help you? The reward would be the same for both of us, and eventually we might get paired up into teams even for a single mission. Even if it is just… scrubbing paint…” It still baffles Rin how many times the village gets vandalized with painting of various stuff. None were easy to scrub off, but thankfully it is usually on stone and concrete which makes things a little easier.

“Well you don’t get this far without training hard, but then again i just met you with little knowledge. I assumed your practically skilled with that weapon, but i didn’t want to be assume wrongly.” Rin expressed his reasons, but in truth he was making sure Sera was proficient not just swinging that large weapon around. For if they did go on missions at one point Rin wanted to make sure she could effectively block against a fast attacker like himself. “Best safe than sorry i suppose. To be honest there is still value in watching someone. You learn how they move and judge how they will react to certain situations. Or do what i did is watch your mother train at the backyard of your home and copy her stance.”

“But you are right. I wonder what sort of target would be good for me…” Rin stepped back a couple of meters before forming the rat sign. Producing five ordinary clones next to him, Rin had mentally directed them to charge at him until Sera asked what he fought for. In which case all five clones stopped as soon as they moved. “Fight for… It’ll be fight to protect those who can’t protect themselves. If they can’t raise a blade then i’ll do it for them. If they lack belief in themselves then i fight for them. In short, i fight for the village and the people in it. Including capable individuals such as yourself Sera.”

Possibly strong words for a twelve year old to produce, but Rin felt right about it. The words felt like it expressed what he truly is as well as give off his motive. Rin got into his stance he previously held and five clones began to charge at him. In Rin’s eyes he crouched low while spinning to stab his left wakizashi into clone (1)’s knee before sweeping an extended leg to clash against clone (2)’s ankle. Maintaining balance on one foot, Rin sprung up to his feet while simultaneously slicing at the palm side of clone (2)’s forearm with the right wakizashi before it comes around to stab clone (1) on the back. With left wakizashi “wrenched” free from the knee, Rin swung that arm with his right wakizashi ahead. So the left wakizashi cut into clone (2)’s neck just enough to sever a jugular vein.

Rin brought his left wakizashi over his head where he would’ve blocked clone (3)’s imitated wakizashi. Seeing clone (4) coming at him from the right with an attempted thrust, Rin forced the locked blades downward by simply angling the wakizashi downward as the tip of Rin’s blade connects the tsuba. Preventing it any closer as Rin pushed the backside of the opposing blade downward to clash against 4’s attack. This had caused the right wakizashi enough time to wrench out and arc horizontally to cut into 4’s neck. Due to it being a mere clone, the blade easily cleaves through. There was a second reason for this maneuver as 3 was attempting a thrust at Rin’s naval with its second wakizashi. However Rin altered his blade just enough to where the tip of Rin’s right wakizashi would clash at the flat of the incoming blade. Applying enough force to push it away to side so that the clone would’ve missed Rin. Unfortunately for 3 Rin took the very short gap to slam his shoulder into the clone’s chest with 5 right behind it. Using most of his attacking speed Rin swung both weapons horizontally at stomach level in a scissor formation. When Rin had sliced into the clone’s stomach region he quickly cocked his arms back just enough to apply the same force and speed again. Only this time Rin stabbed both wakizashi into 3’s chest, and from the previous attacks 3 had collided against 5. So Rin quickly extended the reach of his weapons through use of chakra flow as the chakra length of his wakizashi pierce through the back of 5.

To Sera if she watched, aside from movements such as stepping, crouching, and rising up which she could witness as average. Yet each time Rin attacked it only looked like she was chasing his shadow and before Sera knows it Rin had dealt with all 5 clones as they finally disperse into smoke. Leaving Rin alone as he began to lower his arms and takes in a deep breath. “My mother is still better at this than me to be honest.”

Stats

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaf Dance   

Back to top Go down

Leaf Dance
Page 1 of 1