Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

The Smell of Paint

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

The Smell of Paint Empty The Smell of Paint

Post by Chigetsu Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Spoiler:

Dropping a large, bright yellow bucket at his feet, Chigetsu would assess the damage. When he had taken this mission to clean up graffiti, he did so without really understanding exactly what he was getting into. Graffiti was something he was only familiar with in the theoretical sense, being a word that he heard through passive conversation and through reading various books where the subject would come up. This was a word, like many others in his vocabulary, that he only knew in his imagination. Even though he could read about it, and experience it second hard through novels or through reading the definition of a word in a dictionary, it was something he had never seen up until now. Up until very recently he had only left the Hozuki District when absolutely necessary. That meaning, when he was forced out for some inane reason usually related to training. There was never much of a reason to even leave his room in the first place, with his clan being wealthy enough that he could enjoy all the luxuries of life without having to press outwards to the greater world. Even on the rare situations that Chigetsu did leave the direct luxury of his living space, it would be unimaginable to find any graffiti marking the walls and district’s storefronts.

Seeing it now, all these different colored tags spread across brick walls, was an experience equivalent to a medical student finally dissecting their first cadaver. All these things that they had spent so long reading about and studying in theory were finally exposed to light, and with all the apprehension that came with it. It was impossible to not feel as though he was a trespasser right now. This was somewhere he wasn’t supposed to be, and didn’t belong. It was something that was immediately noticeable when Chigetsu first came to collect the cleaning supplies from the shopkeeper, just the absolute disparity in wealth compared to what he had been raised on. It made him uncomfortable just being here, just breathing in the same spaces.

Although, he did feel the same way when out in the Hozuki District. The way people stared at him there, especially the people that knew about him from his parents or just through rumors, made his skin crawl. At least here, far away from his home, there wouldn’t be anyone asking him why he was wearing a skirt.

Apparently there was a partner that was supposed to help him along with this mission, and that was the official excuse Chigetsu was using for why he hadn’t actually started doing any work yet. It wouldn’t be fair to begin until they arrived, is what he kept telling himself. Really, he would be hoping that once whoever it was that he was paired with came and collected their own kit of cleaning supplies they could be convinced somehow into doing the majority of the work, but that wasn’t something he would say aloud. Instead, he would make do wasting time until they came along.

Peragus
    Peragus

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Tai, Ninjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Lightning, Earth, Fire
    Class: S
    Ryo: You fuckin gold digger

The Smell of Paint Empty Re: The Smell of Paint

Post by Peragus Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:43 am

Calis could be a real dick sometimes, he knew and acknowledged it. That did not however prevent him from being one. The tall, long haired man was standing atop the building behind Chigetsu, looking down at him as the Hozuki looked upon the clean up job in dismay. A bucket of water and soap sat next to him on the buildings roof and the eighteen year old didn’t make a sound as he watched Chigetsu for a few minutes. His mission partner obviously hadn’t noticed him, not only that, but rather than just start, he was purposefully waiting for Calis to arrive. Presumably, so he could do as little as possible. Although Calis would rather think of it as ensuring he and Calis did equal amounts of work. Regardless though, missions wouldn’t always wait for a partner to arrive, sometimes they simply had to catch the hell up and Calis very much didn’t like the dismay the boy seemed to portray via body language at something as simple as graffiti. Such a thing was worrisome to the Kazehana, what would the boy do if someone with the intent to kill came at him and his squad? Look in dismay as they died? Such reactions had to be channeled elsewhere.

Like unadulterated rage at someone who was a total dick.

So, without a word, and carefully taking things slow to ensure there wasn’t a sound, Calis picked up his bucket of soapy water, and gleefully threw the contents toward Chigetsu. He’d have to fill the bucket back up, but that was a small price to pay for the amusement this promised so long as Chigetsu didn’t see it coming and avoid it. Should the water and soap land on Chigetsu from above, as intended, Calis would drop down to the ground. “Good morning” He would say simply, as if he hadn’t just thrown a bucket of water on his partner. The good news was that it was warm outside, so there wasn’t much chance of a cold occurring, but it would still probably be annoying nonetheless. “I remember you from the Academy the other day, you were with Kitsuki when I delivered that letter to her. I am Calis Kazehana, and your partner on this mission. Next time, feel free to begin. Looking upon your problems with dismay doesn’t get them done any faster.” He would say, a small smirk on his lips at the Hozuki’s expense.

Renown: 20,625
    Ryo: 5,913,000
    Stats:
    • Strength: C
    • Constitution: B++
    • Stamina: B+
    • Speed: S
    • Coordination: S
    • Intelligence: A
    • Perception: A

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Link to Character Updates: Here
    Link to Character Application: Here
    Link to Known Techniques: Here
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:36 pm

Stuck in this idle musing and purposeful wasting of time, Chigetsu would be completely unaware of Callis’s presence up until the moment the torrent of soapy water came raining down from above. It all absolutely drenched him, soaking their outfit and coating them from the top down in the suds. While getting drenched in water was something that probably should have been natural to someone like Chigetsu, being a Hozuki at all, the sheer surprise that came with being drenched without any warning was enough to make the poor boy jump and exclaim a sharp, high pitched squeaking sound. The boy’s fear would be compounded upon by the sudden appearance of a man, the presumed assailant who dropped down from above. That Calis towered over the petite Chigetsu only made the fear of the moment grow greater, especially considering their setting was in a dark and somewhat sketchy looking ally. Stumbling backwards and nearly slipping on the suddsy water in the process, Chigetsu would clutch at his chest in an attempt to still his rapidly beating heart.

The incredibly smug greeting combined with the fact that Chigetsu realized that he recognized this person would calm them from their near heart attack and stifle their surging flight reflex. He had nearly bolted off in fear earlier, only being prevented from that instinct by the relatively enclosed alley way they were stuck in, and so it took a moment or two for Chigetsu to calm down.

The realization of what had just happened together with Calis’s introduction quickly soured that initial fear into absolute misery. Chigetsu was an absolute mess, with their clothing now soaked and hair messed up and coated in suds. While it was warm outside the water was very cold, and so the sudden change in temperature gave rise to goosebumps all over Chigetsu’s body.

“Why… Why would you do that?” He looked like he was about to cry, although it was hard to tell as his face was already dripping wet. “I thought… aren’t we supposed to work together?”

Character File

Post by Peragus Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:33 pm

Calis’ arrival went about as well as he could expect given the circumstances however he was not expecting his partner for this mission to be quite so..whiny. The dark haired genin would close his eyes in mild resignation before explaining himself. “Yes, we are supposed to be working together, and we will. I’ll fill this bucket up again in that shop. It’ll be simple enough to do and then we’ll tackle this vandalism. As for why I did it, you were completely zoned out, on a mission no less. That’s a dangerous habit to get into and so I decided to give a lesson on why. That could have been a lethal jutsu, or a kunai with an explosive tag on it. You’d be dead, simple as that. All because you zoned out staring at the mission objective. I also feel like just telling someone that something is a bad idea doesn’t do anything unless you show them why. So rather than just come down and tell you I saw you and then give this speech. I proved the point but dumping the water on you. I’m sorry if your feelings are hurt, but if you don’t shore up such things soon our world will chew you up and spit you out.” He would say, before reaching under his haori and holding out a clean towel. “Here, dry yourself while I fill this bucket back up. If you want, you can ‘get me back’ later if you can get the drop on me. I’ll also pay for lunch after if you want.” The offer was honest, and granted he would’ve offered lunch after anyway, Chigetsu certainly didn’t know that.

Provided Chigetsu took the towel, Calis would nod and walk into the shop that his partner was staring at, still holding onto his empty bucket. The shopkeeper inside had seen the entire thing and was holding back a fit of the giggles as she beckoned him over and took a moment to fill the bucket back up with soap and water. While she did, Calis would peruse her establishment, looking at the stock idly. When she handed the new bucket back to him she would give him a mock glare before speaking “Now don’t go wasting this one, understand?” she would ask, to which Calis would nod in understanding “Yes ma’am.” He would say, taking the bucket and stepping back outside.

Stats:

Note: My signature stats include my passive buffs. My update page stats are the base values.

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:35 pm

As his partner began to explain themselves, Chigetsu’s teary eyes would begin to dry. The boy’s fragile heart likely wouldn’t have been able to take it if Calis had engaged in legitimate bullying, but the scolding that he was receiving from the other Genin was something that Chigetsu was instead very familiar with. Receiving angry lessons on the fundamentals from his annoyed tutors was something Chigetsu had years of experience in, and so the ‘kicked-puppy’ look that Chigetsu had been wearing previously would begin to fade away. Even if he didn’t agree with the reasoning, having the cruelty framed in this way made it much easier for him to accept without complaining.

“I’d be dead… This is in the middle of Kirigakure though. Why would anyone be using lethal jutsu or throwing around kunai here…?” Calis was one of Chigetsu’s peers though, assumably of a similar age and skill set if they were partnered together on this basic D-Rank mission. The unthinking submission that Chigetsu would usually instinctually display wouldn’t be nearly as strong as usual because of this, and the young male would begin to testingly poke at the logic of the taller boy’s explanation. Still, without much more than that complaint he would take the towel and begin drying himself off, perhaps more grateful than he should be from that small comfort. The complaints would mostly be limited to grumbles as Calis walked back into the shop to presumably retrieve a new bucket full of soapy water.

Seeing that he had already been humiliated once today for slacking off, Chigetsu determined that waiting again for Calis to return before starting probably wasn’t an idea that would work out well for him. By the time that Calis had returned Chigetsu would have already begun the process of wetting his sponge and half-heartedly doing something that could maybe be called work by rubbing it against the vandalized wall.

Character File

Post by Peragus Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:35 pm

Chigetsu’s words would cause Calis to blink in surprise.They were training to be shinobi and as such they should be practicing at all times when on duty. Such as when they were on a mission of any kind, be it in the middle of Kirigakure, or in the middle of the Land of Iron on the other side of the world. It might be difficult to understand but that was reality. If one got themselves wound up enough to have a certain degree of paranoia where they were supposedly save, it would be that much more difficult to be caught by surprise in the field when such a thing really could kill you. As such Calis would give the words some thought before giving those thoughts voice. “Hopefully not, of course, but we’re supposed to be preparing for the shinobi world. These missions are supposed to teach us the fundamentals of being shinobi, including how to tackle missions of all forms. Evening if they’re lowly D ranks like this one. Getting into the habit of thinking ‘Oh it’s safe here’ could mean the difference if a surprise attack does come. If you train yourself to be wary everywhere, you’ll never be surprised.” He would say, his words neither harsh, nor gentle. He was simply giving voice to his opinion on the matter.

As he returned from the shop with a new bucket of water in hand, he would see Chigetsu half heartedly scrubbing the wall. The mission would take a while working like that, but Calis didn’t have anything else planned today. So that didn’t bother him all that much. So Calis would simply walk over to another patch of graffiti nearby and begin to scrub, a bit more vigorously then Chigetsu was, but not overly so. To be honest, he could clear all of it out in a few seconds by ‘sanding’ the layer of paint off with his bloodline. However that would potentially reveal his capabilities, something that he wasn’t willing to do until it was necessary, even to an ally. So he would work with good ole elbow grease and effort. “So, wrong foot or not, we’re partners on the mission, and it’ll be quite boring if we do it in silence. So tell me Chigetsu, have you lived in Kirigakure all your life?” He would ask, trying to open the way for conversation between them. If a rapport could be built up than perhaps they could put the earlier incident behind them. He had already apologized for hurting his partners feelings, he would not however, apologize for his actions.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:36 pm

The fundamentals of being shinobi? You mean how to clean graffiti?” Chigetsu couldn’t help but mentally roll his eyes at the idea. He had never been one to take this entire ‘shinobi’ thing all too seriously in the first place. It seemed that his attitude towards the lifestyle was the complete opposite of his overly serious partner though, and given how apathetic Chigetsu was towards the entire thing he had no desire to engage further in any sort of argument. Given that this guy had poured a bunch of soapy water on him for the crime of staring around blankly, who knew what he would do if Chigetsu began questioning his serious demeanor. Given that their only two interactions so far had involved that intensely serious messaging situation with Kitsuki and now this, Chigetsu was already a little bit anxious just being around the other male.

The fact that he was so tall, and actually pretty good looking despite his rudeness, only made it worse. Especially as he returned, Chigetsu couldn’t help but shift where he was working a few feet to the side to provide a bit more space between the two. Unfortunately, avoiding interaction with him wouldn’t be the easiest when they were both supposed to be working together on this mission, and especially now that he was trying to engage in conversation.

“I’ve lived here my whole life.” He would be quick to reply, not exactly seeing the point of hiding the information. In Chigetsu’s naivety he assumed such a thing was normal, and so the mundanity of the question just made it seem like a poor attempt to make small talk. “Although I don’t usually come to these parts of Kirigakure. There’s not much reason to leave the Hozuki District.” That they were both genin from Kirigakure probably should have given them enough in common that they could engage in something that resembled small talk, but for some reason Chigetsu assumed that this wouldn’t actually be the case. Rather than ask a question in return to follow the one Calis dropped, Chigetsu would instead return to silence, decidedly playing difficult. It was Calis that wanted to talk after all. In a somewhat passive aggressive act, Chigetsu decided he would make the boy work for it if he wanted a conversation so bad.

Character File

Post by Peragus Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:36 pm

Chigetsu’s response would be swift on the heels of the question and Calis would nod in understanding. He too had lived in Kirigakure his entire life, and while his early life was good, as expected of a scion from a wealthy merchant family. Now it was less so after being disowned. Oh, he had a decent home thanks to Kirigakure’s economy, but it was a lonely one. The information about the Hozuki district was interesting though. “I’d never known your last name, so it’s Hozuki eh? Must be nice.” He would say as he continued to slop soapy water onto the graffiti, it would take a while at this rate, the spray paint had dried in the time since the punks had vandalized the area and this was only the first shop. That was fine with Calis though, he was a patient individual. The quiet afterwards would stretch on and Calis would let it sit for a bit, feeling the passive aggressive mood of his partner. It would seem he had made him angrier than he thought and he briefly wondered if someone so petulant should be a shinobi.

This thought was swiftly banished however, as at the end of the day, that was also one of the functions of D rank missions. To teach patience to those without it, and to help iron out any kinks in social interactions by forcing those who wouldn’t normally speak to each other to do so. Calis would think for a moment for another question, taking his time to think of a question that would require a longer response. If he could get his partner used to talking, then it should theoretically cause him to chat more of his own volition, rather than being dragged out. His thoughts caused him to go down lines of curiosity until finally he settled upon one. It could easily be answered with one word, but he was curious. “Are you the Heiress of the Hozuki?” He would ask curiously, since he wouldn’t know hit partner wasn’t female at this point.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:36 pm

It was only after Calis’s commentary that Chigetsu had realized that he had never actually introduced himself. Even though he had been a bit moody prior, the fact that he had neglected to do something so simple made him feel a little bit guilty. Still, that Calis knew Chigetsu’s first name and had mentioned earlier became a point of curiosity now. After a few seconds of thinking on the matter, Chigetsu realized that he must have learned that from overhearing his conversation with Kitsuki. The fact that he had been made to so casually slip both his given and clan name without intended to was almost a bit scary. If anything it probably showed what sort of skills one could have if they took this whole ‘shinobi’ thing seriously, or maybe it just showed how absent-minded Chigetsu could be. One or the other.

“Nice? I guess.” He couldn’t help but feel like there was some sort of hidden meaning behind the compliment. There usually was whenever the topic of his family name came up, whether it be a snide tone towards them for being overtly wealthy or some sort of obvious jealousy. It was one of the reasons that Chigetsu wasn’t so fond of leaving the Hozuki District, besides the obvious reason of him being a shut in.

The next question would cause a slight pause in Chigetsu’s mimicking of work. It was barely perceptible and only a twitch, but the words had caused a slight hiccup in his mental processes. Being so casually referred to as an heiress caused a great swell of pride to spread throughout his chest. A sort of happiness emerged now, offsetting his earlier annoyance towards Calis. Almost smiling, Chigetsu would open up a bit as he provided an answer. “No, not at all. The Hozuki Clan is… We elect our clan heads. It’s a democracy.” The concept was probably pretty foreign. As far as Chigetsu knew, the Hozuki were the only clan who operated in that sort of system. “Even if we were hereditary like that though… I’d never be the heiress. I’m pretty sure my family would rather have a goat on the throne than me.” He half-giggled at that, although the reason why probably wasn’t something that Calis would be able to pick up on. “I wish, though. That would probably be a pretty exciting life.”

Character File

Post by Peragus Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:37 pm

Jokes on Chigetsu, it was both. But despite that, his short and clipped response to his comment would cause Calis to wonder what he’d done wrong in asking. Did he assume he was jealous of his clan? Not particularly, at least not to the degree some might be, Calis left money behind when he decided to go against his family. Or what was once his family anyway. He was envious of the idea of having that back, of having a family at all. If he was jealous of Chigetsu for any reason, it would be for that. As they worked and Calis asked his next question a change in the general mood between them would catch Calis’ attention. His partner now seemed, almost electrified by the question. Had Calis accidentally given a large compliment? Golly gee that wasn’t on purpose.

Oh well, he’d accept it and listen as Chigetsu opened up about how the Hozuki Clan was a democracy and that they voted their clan heads into the position. It was an interesting concept, almost like the Kage’s office if the previous kage didn’t leave a successor. To a degree anyway, the votes involved were far fewer, and it could probably become a lot more violent, but it was basically the same, right?

The dark haired genin would listen to Chigetsu continue on, almost giggling at the idea of his clans reaction if he were heiress. The joke about them rather having a goat hit home in Calis as he felt a sting of something. His own family would rather he die or disappear than see him as a shinobi. For one to be so, amused by the idea of their families own dislike of them. It would have to have been going on for years for one to reach that point. “Black sheep huh?” He would ask quietly, still working on the graffiti before him absently as he did.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:37 pm

“I guess you could say that.” After the initial elation that came from the comment passed away the more somber topic of his family would lower his tone of voice slightly. Thinking about it past the initial joke wasn’t something he really did much, preferring to instead keep it locked away. Self-deprecation was something that Chigetsu had years of experience in though, and so turning his failure into masochistic jokes came naturally. Although these were things he usually kept to himself, especially as his usual company were other members of his clan who wouldn’t look so kindly on that sort of thing. The crippling timidness that Chigetsu normally displayed was beginning to melt away though, and for some reason now that Calis was asking about it he was getting the urge to talk about it. Or maybe vent. This was probably a terrible idea, and Chigetsu couldn’t help but have the lurking suspicion in the back of his mind that this guy was only trying to get Chigetsu to open up about himself so that it could all be used against him, but that was something he pushed away for now against his better judgement.

“The Hozuki Clan… They, uh. We… They care a lot about swordsmanship, and stuff like that. The traditional skills. Being able to sail, manage money, swing a sword, all that sort of stuff. It’s really important. If you’re not good at it, you might as well not exist.” The implication that Chigetsu was absolutely skilless and terrible at all of these things was pretty front facing and obvious, even if he didn’t come out and directly say it. The other reasons that he was a black sheep, namely the very peculiar way that he dressed, was something that Chigetsu would leave out. That was something he would rather die than reveal to others.

As he began to talk, the attempt at making it look like he was doing work began to turn into legitimate attempts at doing work. Of course, there was only so much that you could do when scrubbing paint off walls, but the effort was at least beginning to be genuine now.

“Uh… What about you?” Shifting his eyes to the side, Chigetsu would give Calis something of a stink eye. “You’re not just going to make me talk about myself this entire time, right? I promise I’m not that interesting.”

Character File

Post by Peragus Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:37 pm

Listening intently as he worked, Calis would let Chigetsu completely finish speaking before thinking. It wasn’t quite the same situation he himself had. While he didn’t know anyone else in the Hozuki Clan, he felt it somehow unlikely that they’d let Chigetsu go unprotected if he needed their help in the end. The ties of such families were generally strong, especially if they hadn’t cast him out yet after all these years. Besides, many shinobi came into their strength through trial and tribulation. Born in the crucible of their jobs and tempered in experience. He felt that if Chigetsu could make something of himself as a shinobi then he would quickly gain the respect of his clan.

He began to think of his own family once more, his mother and father had been adamantly against him ever becoming a shinobi. They had forbade it, wanting him to take over the family business as a merchant and making lots of money, to further increase their legacy. They wanted him to manage assets and make trade deals. That however, simply wasn’t him. They saw shinobi as lowly individuals who wanted nothing more than to take the hard earned money of those who had it by overcharging them for their protection services. They didn’t understand that the prices for their services were high because at the end of the day, shinobi died. Most didn’t live to see old age. Taking up that profession was more or less a death sentence. It was why he was so serious about sharpening his skills and the skills of those around him. “I’m the black sheep of my family too. Or well, I suppose I would be if they hadn’t disowned me when I enrolled into the academy. They wanted me to follow in their footsteps” he would say, scrubbing harder as he anger at the memories rose. It wasn’t directed at Chigetsu, but the pain such emotions caused often provoked a rage.

“I told them I wanted to protect people, to protect our home. They said that was the prerogative of ‘commoners’ and those who couldn’t afford to do anything else with their lives. They forbade me from becoming a shinobi. When I did anyway, they struck me from their family, records and all. I no longer exist to them, and they’re happier for it.” He would say, his well leashed rage keeping his voice neutral. It helped that he had an outlet to take it out on. His anger would cause him to scrub harder still, and soon he would begin to really make progress on the work. Fuck that graffiti, stupid, colourful..Actually it was kind of artisitic in a way, but fuck it nonetheless.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:38 pm

“Oh, I’ve heard that sort of talk before. All that stuff about commoners…” While being a shinobi was at least a respectable profession for someone in the Hozuki Clan, it was definitely not the preferred option. Hozuki were merchants, through and through. Those who couldn’t make it as a merchant were usually the sort that would be shunted off to a life of being shinobi, and even then it was all justified through some nonsense about the glory of studying swordsmanship skills. A Hozuki who was a shinobi but wasn’t talented with swords was… Well, they were the equivalent of striking out while the bases were loaded. While Chigetsu couldn’t at all relate to what Calis was saying about wanting to be a shinobi or the stuff about wanting to righteously protecting people, the sentiment of having your family think you weren’t good enough was definitely something he shared. The rampant elitism that occured in both was probably just something that naturally occurred in these sort of old, wealthy shinobi clans, but that only made it all the more infuriating.

“You seem like you’re at least kinda successful as a shinobi though, given you’re out delivering private letters from the Mizukage, and all that.” It was meant as a compliment, but Chigetsu quickly realized after that it was information that he maybe wasn’t supposed to know. Although it was pretty obvious given what he saw at the academy that day, so who knows. “Plus, with how tall you are… That’s… Uh, probably an advantage, I think?” The topic of how tall Calis was somehow kept creeping back into Chigetsu’s mind. Given that Calis was literally over a foot taller than Chigetsu was, it was hard to not notice or focus on. He couldn’t help but stare, especially as Calis was roughly scrubbing away at the graffiti. After a few seconds Chigetsu tried to be discreet about his staring, but the entire time he couldn’t help but keep a side-eyed glance on the guy.

Character File

Post by Peragus Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Once again, Calis would listen to his partner’s words before speaking. It would seem the rampant elitism wasn’t commodity that only his family possessed. This both gave Calis a little closure, and infuriated him more. What right did those pompous ass holes have to judge those who would give their lives to defend them? What right did they have to talk down to them as if they didn’t deserve to kiss their feet? Chigetsu would begin to talk about Calis’ seeming success as a shinobi. ‘Is he trying to cheer me up?’ He would think to himself as he talked, putting emphasis on his height. This brought a chuckle out from Calis, especially when Chigetsu couldn’t seem to stop looking at him afterwards because of it. “Being tall has some advantages, being short has others. For a shinobi be small allows you to fight in tighter spaces. Being taller makes you more easily seen and recognized. So it really depends on what you’re doing.” He would say as he put his scrubber down and looked at the wall.

“Delivering the Mizukage’s messages isn’t particularly glamorous, I just need the extra money. I have plans for it, that I intend to keep to myself. However, maybe we can finish this up a hell of a lot faster and grab that lunch I offered if you want.” He would say, standing up to his full height again and stepping closer to the middle of the way again. “Understand if I do this, I’ll be showing you a measure of trust that I haven’t given anyone else, yet.” He would say, putting careful emphasis on the word. “I’ve kept this a secret from everyone, because the element of surprise could save my life, or give me an advantage some day. I’ll show you now though, if you can swear to keep it between us. You can’t tell anyone, at least not until I make the debut on my own terms.” He would say.

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:38 pm

The mention of getting this boring work done faster was something that immediately perked up Chigetsu’s ears. After all their work at scrubbing away at this paint they had accomplished… not much. Even though Chigetsu had been barely trying initially, he somehow got the feeling that even if he had been putting all of his effort into scrubbing it wouldn’t have made much of a difference at all. Looking between the mess of paint that they were working on and Calis, Chigetsu would nod his head after a moment of thought. The words ‘trust’ and ‘secret’ contained a little bit of an interesting and sort of scary baggage with them. What if it was one of those, ‘and now that you’ve seen this I’ll have to kill you’ sort of things? He’s read about those sorts of scenarios all the time in books. The silly thought would be immediately ejected from his head though, as it would be rightfully dismissed as ridiculous.

“I’m good at keeping secrets. Don’t worry.” This was obviously not true, given that in this very conversation he had accidentally given away his name without intending to and ended up spilling some personal information without much thought placed towards it. Of course, when it came to certain secrets he was very good at keeping them, but with how timid he was it was pretty easy to squeeze information out of him.

“Plus, I think I’d do anything to get out of doing this right now. It feels like we haven’t made any progress at all… Even though you were going on about how missions are important and stuff, I’m sure you have things you’d rather be doing than scrubbing away at paint for hours.”

For some reason, Chigetsu was a little bit excited about the idea of getting lunch with Calis. He couldn’t put his finger on why, but it was definitely something that he was beginning to like the idea of. Even though Calis was a little prickly and rude, at least at first, Chigetsu found himself growing fond of the other boy. It would be hard not to after both talking about their bad family situation like they just had. Those kind of shared experiences made bonding easy. Plus, Calis was very tall, and that was a trait that Chigetsu found himself appreciating more and more.

Character File

Post by Peragus Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Calis would nod as Chigetsu agreed to keep this a secret from anyone else and without a word would look between the buildings, they were all within 70 meters of him. Which is exactly what he needed, and so without further ado or aplomb Calis would bid sand from the earth, the chakra drain was intensive for this, but with practice he’d reduce that. But regardless the sand he had called would rise into the air to do his bidding. The particles would swirl around him in a small tornado before he forced it out, sending the sand to each bit of graffiti and sanding it away. His control fine enough to only get the paint, and not the building beneath it. Right before their eyes all of the vandalism would disappear, the paint dissolving into nothing under the sandblasting he delivered to it. It was over within moments, and just like that Calis would wordlessly, and without a movement of his own, scatter the sand down the road, the particles simply blowing away, harmlessly into the wind.

“I can control sand, and other materials, but for our purposes sand was the best. I won’t tell you how much I can control, nor will I tell you of it’s chakra cost, duration, or anything else. Those secrets I have to keep close to the chest, especially when Chuunin exam invites went out to the other villages. We’re going to have out hands full soon, and we all need to get every advantage we can get. Now then, let’s go get something to eat, I’m starving.” He would say, brushing off the act easily enough. He practiced in the privacy of his home, so he was used to it. Now however, their mission was over and it was time to get some food. “Oh, and if we get another simple mission like this, don’t expect me to just do it instantly every time. I appreciate the value of work. Besides, the fewers time I do it the less people have the chance to find out.” He would say, before jerking his head off down the road toward the restaurants, let’s go.” He would say before heading out.

[exit]

Stats:

Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:39 pm

Calis had been pretty serious sounding with what he said about that secret that could save his life, or give him an advantage, but Chigetsu didn’t really appreciate what he meant until seeing exactly what he was talking about. Given that everything that Calis had said so far sounded overly serious, Chigetsu was honestly a little surprised at the wizardry that Calis had pulled out of nowhere. The complements he had given the man earlier were partially just to try and make him feel a little bit better, but it was clear just from seeing Calis in action that he was a pretty exceptional shinobi. The rising sand that came from the ground (was there sand in the ground? Chigetsu had no idea) was seemingly produced without any hand seals either, which made it all the more impressive and why Chigetsu initially thought of it as ‘wizardry’ rather than a chaka technique, even though it clearly was some sort of jutsu. Even if it was for something as mundane as scraping paint off the wall, it was pretty amazing. He almost felt the need to clap for Calis after seeing it all.

“That’s really amazing!” Chigetsu would blurt out as soon as Calis had finished his scraping, although he would wait for Calis to finish his explanation before making any more comments. Part of his excitement came from the fact that he had somehow successfully gotten away with his initial plan of making his partner do the majority of the work, but he was also legitimately incredibly impressed with what he saw. “I’ll keep you secret safe, don’t worry… and yeah! I honestly forgot about that until just a little bit ago. Lunch does sound pretty good right about now, honestly.” It took all of his willpower to resist giggling though when Calis spoke about appreciating the value of work. Still, a very elated and now almost bubbly Chigetsu would nod their head towards Calis’s instructions. He was more than prepared to follow him wherever he wanted to go, especially as he had offered to pay.

[exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:52 pm